User Reviews for Phenergan

Learn more about Phenergan.

Reviews for Phenergan to treat Allergic Reactions

"My son was given a one-time dose of 25mg of this drug intravenously for nausea in hospital, while on iv drips which included nitroglycerin, blood pressure medications, and pain opiates. He had a *severe* reaction, which included extremely high bp spikes (over 200 systolic), seizures, disorientation and hallucinations. The blood pressure spikes and seizures were extremely dangerous, as he had just suffered aortic dissection. It was fortunate that this drug reaction was not fatal. This drug should have a huge warning against usage with blood pressure meds, as that is a potentially fatal combination. The pharmacy should reject any request to use this drug in such a combination."

DontUseWithBPMeds (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

"I got given it at first by emergency department when a rash was breaking out over my face. It works. But I also have anxiety and have found it to be way better than Valium etc. I feel relaxed and too not sleep I'll just take half a tablet but at night the 25 mg tablet helps my allergies and is a god send to relax the mind. I love it. I've noticed some people take it for nausea. I have always used stemitel and that works almost instantly. And I have no adverse reactions to either. I don't know why they don't use this for anxiety and such"

Tempylyra (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2015

"Phenergan (promethazine) is very effective for nausea and vomiting. It is generally not used for urticaria or respiratory allergies. It is very strong and will make you drowsy. I recommend taking it when you are going to lay low for a while. We don't give it IV any more because we had some serious tissue damage reported when it infiltrated under the skin. I am not sure that we still give it IV. Lately, it is either given as a suppository or as a pill."

Therealnursesarah March 8, 2011