User Reviews for Fexofenadine (Page 2)

Also known as: Allegra, Allegra Allergy, Allegra Hives, Allegra ODT, Aller-Ease, Mucinex Allergy

Learn more about Fexofenadine.

Urticaria 27 reviews 189 medications

Allergic Rhinitis 64 reviews 886 medications

6.7
Summary of Fexofenadine reviews 91 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Fexofenadine

For Urticaria: "I have severe chronic ulticaria angieodema. My gp prescribed me 180mg a day which helped but not resolve the problem. He then had me try piriton which made me sick and dizzy. He referred me to an immunologist who has now prescribed me 720mg a day fexofenedine. Its been a week i feel like a new person.. only downside is convincing my go that my immunologist knows what he is doing updosing x 4!! Ppl get yourself referred to an immunologist and get yourselves sorted out ☺ note i am in the uk and my immunologist was done via private health cover and my drugs are via the nhs."

Andrea B April 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I had my mother taking this for her allergies. It did nothing for her. After taking for almost 3 weeks, she broke out in hives. We stopped immediately. Went back to Clariten"

spanielmom (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I have suffered hayfever and allergies all my life - all antihistamines never worked at all. Telfast however which contains fexofenadine is fantastic. I take it and all my symptoms disappear with no side effects! It has literally changed my life."

SammiL April 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have suffered from cold hives for about 10 years now and till this day I have not found a solution. Allegra does nothing for me. I take about two allegras everytime I step out my house and still get hives all over my face and body. Thats more than the recommended dosage for 180mg. I still have hope that theres a cure somewhere out there"

Danniiee (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I experienced no relief of allergy symptoms with this medication."

crankydragon (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra Allergy (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Doesn't work at all"

Browneyes1769 March 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urticaria: "Take with care if you suffer from focal migraines - instantly brought on an attack for me. Stopped the meds straight away, no idea whether it would help for my Urticaria"

HannahK86 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urticaria: "This fexofenadine really works for my urticaria. I got a strong and painful urticaria god knows from where. After a week this product is helping a lot . Not side effects whatsoever."

mauro thailand November 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have chronic idiopathic urticaria and like a lot of other people on this thread I tried Benadryl,creams, oatmeal baths, changing soaps... didn't help. I tried Allegra for the first time last night and had almost instant relief. I still have some hives but the itching is far less intense and the hive are less red. I am glad I came across some of these reviews!!"

Alexandriagal November 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I went to a local clinic to treat Urticaria and was given 60mg of prednisone on my cheek. It had no effect on my body and the symptoms even got worse. Then my doctor recommended to take Benadryl (H1 blocker) and Zantac (H2 blocker) altogether. I took both pills and it made me extremely drowsy (Benadryl) and Zantac actually alleviated my symptoms just a little bit. I woke up next morning and found out that Urticaria has come back. Then someone recommended me to take the Allegra (Fexofenadine 180mg) and it really works without any side-effects of drowsiness. I think Fexofenadine is god given allergy medicine. I tried Benadryl, Zyrtec and Claritin before. Their effectiveness on Urticaria is far less than Allegra."

Works incredible w/o side efct (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I get allergy attacks often. Normally every day if I don't take anything. A friend gave me a large and a travel size container of this stuff. And I have to say, it has yet to do anything. Even when I take 2 of them. Nothing. Then I'll have an allergy attack that'll last days if left untreated. It is sad to say, I will not be buying this again, nor will I recommend it to anyone."

Lolo 13 October 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Fexofenadine only slightly reduced my nasal symtoms, but did no reduce any of my utacharia/dermatitis rashes, Trying ceterizine now,."

nomoreallergies October 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aller-Ease (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Used it for two months and had no results it was still really bad!"

Garith September 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Had really bad hayfever for the past x6 years and tried the commercial brand tablets but had no effect. This hayfever season after a trip to the doc advised fexofenadine and it worked for me with no side effects."

andy_aki August 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "So I have had eczema hayfever and IBS. It's 2 days since I started this med and all of my systoms are 80 percent disappeared."

sue78 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I recently had an allergic outbreak of hives ... My doctor prescribed prednisone 6-day pack and steroid cream. I tried benadryl first thinking it would help control the itching. It did not. I was so miserable from the itching the hives caused I was willing to try anything. I came across this page about Allegra. I was prescribed Allegra in the past and it worked really well for my seasonal allergies. I decided to give Allegra a try ... I'm glad i did!!! It Stopped on the itching and cleared up 80% of my hives in 1 hour... Thank God this is Over the Counter. Doctors always tell you to use Benadryl ... it will only make you sleepy and its not very effective at controlling the itch of hives. Unless you take a very large dose."

Gabe773 August 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Been taking this for almost two years and it's been a life saver for me. My allergies get absolutely terrible and one pill makes it go away. Definitely recommend."

Martin B (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 6, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Allergic Rhinitis: "As a nurse on a busy unit, I can not afford to be drowsy nor work effectively with intense ear and eye itchiness. At times, I would even get wheezy and have problems with my breathing. None of the meds worked and they all made me extremely drowsy. My new family doctor recommended this med, saying 'even fighter pilots can take this'. That was in UK, But in Canada, the highest dosage one can get is 120 mg, that's my one complaint about the med."

Bibasingh June 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I suffered from chronic itch all my life tried almost every other antihistimine to the point I had to start with prednisone every 3 months for a week to get rid of the itch over my whole body eyes running nose I would have such severe itch that I just could not function normaly got 4 hours or less sleep a day. I now use this medicine for 2 days now, after one hour I took the medicine I felt my eyes not itching and my skin feels much better to the point its liveable. Now I hope this will keep working even after some time because all previous medication would only work a few days a week tops so if this will continue to work I can finaly start my life. I'm 22 years old and I finaly have new hope now thank you fexofenadine!"

robin k April 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "Had chronic urticaria 3 years ago, tried everything from Benadryl, Zyrtec, Claritin and nothing worked. Took a Allegra 24 hour and 70% of my hives have disappeared leaving me less itchy. Wish I would've found out about this site earlier to do my research. This is my first day on the medication, hopefully it will go away after this week."

JohnHivefree April 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I took Allegra 24 hours recently for the past two days. It works fast and relieves every symptom, but has only lasted for me for up to 8 hours. I then end up having to supplement with Benadryl but it makes me drowsy."

allergiessuck (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "After about 4 years of terrible hay fever, lasting from about September to May, I have finally found my cure! I have tried countless allergy medications, including Zyrtec. None of them seemed to work until my doctor finally told me to try Allegra 180mg. I have not experienced any side effects, except I did have a sore throat about a week after starting Allegra. I definitely recommend this product."

Dacamille December 2, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "My 2 yr old had been suffering from indoor and outdoor allergies since she was 9 mo old. We found Allegra suspension and it works quite well along with her taking Singulair. If she misses a few doses we can tell; her eyes itch and she gets congested. Just started to find the suspension in a larger bottle, so this keeps us from running out. Thanks!"

Mother/Nurse (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Urticaria: "I have been suffering from hives on my face (very embarrassing) from food allergies for the last few years. Since I gave birth to my first child it became worse. Finally an allergist suggested I take 60mg of Allegra everyday and for the last week I have been almost 100% hives free. My face is so clear and white again! I feel amazing and confident again thanks to Allegra."

MariaNL29 August 19, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Allegra (fexofenadine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I've never encountered hay fever allergies prior to this spring, so as soon as it all began, I decided to do some research. Allegra looked like my best bet because it claimed that drowsiness was not a side effect, and I was told it would work quickly! I decided on the 24-hr. I have yet to notice a difference and have not been sleeping very well! "

Zoboyobo April 5, 2014