I took Zyrtec for 1 year but have now stopped. How long does it stay in the body?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 27, 2020.
Zyrtec will be in your system for at least 49.5 hours (approximately 2 days)
The elimination half-life of Zyrtec is between 8 to 9 hours. It takes approximately 5.5 x elimination half-life for a medicine to be cleared from your system. For Zyrtec this is 5.5 x 9 hours which is about 2 days.
Click on the link below for more information on Zyrtec:
Related medical questions
- Zyrtec vs Claritin: Which is more effective for allergies?
- Can I take Allegra in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening?
- Should cetirizine be taken at bedtime or upon awakening? And before or after any particular meal?
- Can you take antihistamines when pregnant?
- Is Generic Zyrtec Available?
- Zyrtec Information for Consumers
- Zyrtec Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Zyrtec (detailed)
Related support groups
- Zyrtec (35 questions, 52 members)