I took Zyrtec for 1 year but have now stopped. How long does it stay in the body?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2023.
Zyrtec will be in your system for at least 49.5 hours (approximately 2 days)
The elimination half-life of Zyrtec is between 8 to 9 hours. It takes approximately 5.5 x elimination half-life for a medicine to be cleared from your system. For Zyrtec this is 5.5 x 9 hours which is about 2 days.
Click on the link below for more information on Zyrtec:
Related medical questions
- Zyrtec vs Claritin: Which is more effective for allergies?
- Can I take Allegra in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening?
- How do you choose the right allergy medication?
- Should cetirizine be taken at bedtime or upon awakening?
- Can you take antihistamines when pregnant?
- Is Generic Zyrtec Available?
- What OTC drugs relieve tripledemic symptoms in kids?
- Over the Counter Medication for Pets
- Zyrtec Information for Consumers
- Zyrtec prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Zyrtec (detailed)
Related support groups
- Zyrtec (41 questions, 54 members)