Should cetirizine be taken at bedtime or upon awakening?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 2, 2022.
And before or after any particular meal?
Cetirizine can be taken at any time of the day. In most people it is non-sedating, so they take it in the morning. However, a percentage of people do find it to be sedating so if it does make you drowsy it is best to take it in the evening.
Cetirizine can be taken with or without food.
For more information on Cetirizine see:
Related medical questions
- Can you take antihistamines when pregnant?
- Is Generic Zyrtec Available?
- What OTC drugs relieve tripledemic symptoms in kids?
- Cetirizine Information for Consumers
- Cetirizine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Cetirizine (detailed)
Related support groups
- Cetirizine (22 questions, 44 members)