User Reviews for Cetirizine

Also known as: All Day Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Aller-Tec, Aller-Tec Children's, Alleroff, Children's Allergy Relief, Children's Zyrtec, Equate Allergy Relief, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, Zyrtec, Zyrtec Hives

Learn more about Cetirizine.

Urticaria 40 reviews 188 medications

7.7
Allergic Rhinitis 91 reviews 877 medications

7.2
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 131 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Cetirizine

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used to take it for really bad hayfever and it used to the trick, hayfever not so bad. started taking it again at bedtime it acts as sleeping tablet for me. The problem is it seesm to last right through the next day thick head etc and general drowsiness, I rarely get through the day without having to sleep, which sometimes I don't mind but the general sedative effects continue throughout the day"

1o1 September 8, 2016

For Urticaria: "It is soothing and comforting during urticaria agony by stopping the itch and new hives. They must come out with citzene 24 hour tablet"

lbv prasad (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Zyrtec knocks me out. Period. I took a pill at noon and by 2:00 pm I lay down virtually passed out. I slept for two hours straight. In the middle of the day. When I awoke I could barely function. Brain fog, lethargy, no energy. To tell the truth, I was so spaced out for so long that I couldn't tell if helped my sinus condition or not. I wouldn't dream of taking it if I had to drive. It would make a great sleeping pill."

DarioT. (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "my bf had hives for 3 weeks. more often than not. claritan did really nothing. Allegra nothing. benedryl helped some. I was scared he'd have a anaphylaxis reaction. I bought him vit. c, b, d, quercitin, probiotic. a dao enzyme. and nothing was working great. today is Monday 611 pm. he started zyrtec sat at 11am. he has red huge hives on his back and legs and arms . well I'm happy to say...the zyrtec seems to be working.. they are gone. we've even eating normal and he's even had a couple of drinks. also he's taking pepcid. but it's been over two days of no hives. I think the zyrtec is a miracle."

allhivedout August 15, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "Had hives nearly every day for 3 weeks (at first I thought I was getting bug bites). Went to the Doc and she told me to try Zyrtec. Last night was the first time in 3 weeks I've been hives and itch-free. It's amazing. I just wish I could find out what's causing the outbreaks!"

ZyrtecRocks August 3, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been trying to deal with drippy eyes and nose (saturating multiple tissues in a couple of hours), and upon awakening clearing throat for over 20 years since moving from the east coast to CA. I finally decided that I had enough and the doctor told me to try Zyrtec. I started it a few days ago...yep, the drips improved, BUT, I feel exhausted, falling asleep, no energy. I think I may have to deal with the drippy symptoms and tell Zyrtec to take a hike!"

Pirene July 20, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Have always had severe allergies since a child, I first used Zyrtec about 14 years ago, worked great but I could barely stay awake at work, it was bad, I'm a dental assistant and I actually fell asleep while assisting(sitting on the assistant chair!) I could barely drive, I confided in a co-worker and she asked me if I was taking anything, I told her just allergy pills, she asked which ones and she said her daughter takes them but she has to take them a couple of hours before bed. I could have easily had a car accident. Anyhow now i'm researching what to take for mango skin allergy, I have Allegra which isn't as good and since I don't work now I'm going to take Zyrtec for it after reading the reviews on it."

Curesmile (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

For Urticaria: "I experienced a continuous outbreak of very itchy, irritating hives for four months at which time I took Benadryl once daily, bathe in cool water and doused myself with calamine lotion to get relief. Just as I was anticipating seeing an allergen Doctor, I asked my best friend's daughter who is a nurse if she could recommend anything other than the Benadryl. She vehemently responded "Zyrtec". She explained that her 20 year old daughter is an eight years hives sufferer and her only relief is Zyrtec. I begin taking one dose of Zyrtec on a Wednesday, had no breakout on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. In a weeks time I've taken a total of three Zyrtec - no hives. Thank you Zyrtec maker!!!"

Junebugjunebug (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "LOVE Zyrtec D...HATE HATE HATE THE PACKAGING....why can't you put it in a bottle instead of having to open ALL these tiny blister packs!!! This packaging is AWFUL!!"

Yall (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have firstly severe seasonal allergies, and I purchased Zyrtec in hopes that it would be superior to Allegra. The allergy symptoms improved slightly, but the fatigue was terrible. It was so bad that I thought I was coming down with the flu. I slept for five hours straight in the middle of the day after my second dose. This is not acceptable."

SMarieBon June 15, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used this for hayfever when I was 17 and it made me drowzy. I'm now 26, have suffered from insomnia for many years. Recently, I remembered about these making me drowzy as a teen so I decided to buy some in the hope that they'd help me sleep. They didn't really do much to help; they might have made me slightly more drowzy but they no way had the same effect on me a 9 years ago."

Cysgu (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Didn't have much effect, only on occassion I have kidney problems due to diabetes so Dr. put a stop on more than 30 days"

tes1900 May 3, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Started taking this medicine for iching after being given it by my doctor. Worked for 1 day and after it didn't. Made me feel so sleepy but couldn't sleep and make my iching worse, couldn't sleep at night Wouldn't recommend"

hollyyamberrr April 24, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Made me very drowsy and gave a heavy head feeling - lasted 12 hrs"

Selznick April 14, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I'd rather suffer with the allergies than fight the sleepiness. My Dr said it would not cause drowsiness, well that's not so."

Slide M (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

For Urticaria: "I went in to the dr.s cause I have a rash all over my body and he prescribed cetirizine. All it did was make me sleepy, rash got worse then a different doctor looked at me 3 weeks later and determined I had scabies... Cetirizine really messed up my schedule. Being a college student, I fell behind because I was not able to keep up with homework."

nennyfromblocks (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "I had first hive outbreak at age 63, off and one, lasting for a year. I visited the allergy doctor once and was advised to "enjoy life more and don't do too much! It could be stress-related". I did not take any medicine. Then for one and half a year, I was fine. For the recent 3 months, I have been suffering from the second chronic hive outbreak. They are acting up on my face, lips, eyes, and face which are new and more severe symptoms. At the same time, my older son had the same outbreak and has been taking Zyrtec daily by his doctor's recommendation. I have been asking a total of 13 pills from him. Firstly I took one a day for 4 days. They were very effective on me. Each pill can stop the hives for 3 days."

Rothive March 1, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Ya i am using cetrizine from past 5 years i am having a good relief"

Malik97500 February 12, 2016

For Urticaria: "I have taken Zyrtec or the over the counter with a similar name like Walzyr, anyway, other than a rare occasional large hive, and probably due to missing a dose. I have been great. But I got this idea (to save more money) that I should have the doctor prescribe citirizine generic. You would think that would be OK, but I have been broke out in fine hives and a few welts. Also some spots that are a little dry like my eczema. My skin has never ITCHED this extremely. First I had it on upper right arm. WHICH HAS FINALLY RECOVERED, BUT... It continues to move and I break out, all over the last 26 to 28 days. I am switching back to the drug I used before. We will see if it a medication issue. Wish me luck!"

Magdelaine1959 January 23, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: "My D.O. and I worked for years to find something that would stop my daily hives and stuffy, runny nose without much success until I tried cetirizine. My hives and extreme itchiness disappeared after the first dose, and I've been on it since. For this, I rate it a 10. Unfortunately, it didn't help my sinus situation at all. I can't take a decongestant because every time I take one, I get bronchitis. Silly, I know, but that's my body. Because cetirizine doesn't help my sinus situation at all, it rates a zero in this category, giving the drug an effectiveness rating of five."

itchy no more (taken for 10 years or more) January 13, 2016

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for : "I take allergy shots for air and mould. The shots are marvellous, but occasionally when air and mould allergens are high I get a reaction. That's when I take Zyrtec. In couple of days my symptoms lessen, and by the third day they are gone. Excellent product. BTW, I have never experienced any negative side effects from Zyrtec."

RedPanther (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2015

For Urticaria: "I have been suffering from chronic hives since 1 years. Every night I'm taking cetirizine which makes me to fall asleep. Now I couldn't survive even a single day without taking it. My hives are killing me if I miss a dose. As you all know tablets are not that much good for health."

Sha vj (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: "The itching all over my body its driving me crazy "

peggyboo121948 December 11, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "After travelling to Japan in Sep 2015 and having ,enjoying with tremendous quantity of sea food sasimi, BBQ Wangyu beef and wonderful cheese cake , I woke up next morning with hives literally covered my both front arms outer parts and partially between shoulder and neck. Never experienced previously with allergic reaction in my life ( btw I am 52y/o) After doing intensive checkup, blood tests, etc., etc., and more etc. finally one of the brilliant Doctor gave me the Zyrtec. I have been taking (one a day) for 2 weeks. I still don't know (my doctor either) what triggered these ugly hives but eventually all disappeared and gone to hell. I highly recommend. I agree about side effects especially causing impair my thinking."

Ozjan (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "52 y/o Well I have had hives for 2 almost 3 weeks now on my face scalp neck..cause undermined and I never had them before. I was put on pred-Metra-soul pack that I quit due to the extreme side effects. A sedative. I used a heap of ear and eye drops. Was taking Benadryll. I just wanted to claw my skin off..the welts were painful and then became HORRIBLY insanely itchy. One or three would go away only to be replaced by 4, eyes and even ears swelled shut. Tried Zertec after 3rd doc visit. Felt good! ITCHING STOPPED..still some swelling around one eye but given how bad it was this is like a miracle. Just took a second one today and tho still a LITTLE residual swelling- 95% better. NO SIDE EFFECTS either. This drug is a god send"

TheBeeHive November 20, 2015