User Reviews for Cetirizine

Also known as: All Day Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Aller-Tec, Aller-Tec Children's, Alleroff, Children's Allergy Relief, Children's Zyrtec, Equate Allergy Relief, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, Zyrtec, Zyrtec Hives

Learn more about Cetirizine.

Urticaria 44 reviews 188 medications

7.5
Allergic Rhinitis 94 reviews 877 medications

7.1
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 138 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Cetirizine

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I used Zyrtec for years, not because I wanted to, but because if you stop taking Zyrtec you itch all over constantly. You don't just itch for 3 days like you do when ceasing other allergy meds, it doesn't stop ever. I was finally able to kick it by decreasing the quantity very gradually for a few months while also taking Benadryl. It can be done."

ClickClacker February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "I had never heard of hives and I'm 54! We moved to my Mother in laws house after she passed away. And just thought was something in house. I have been to ER 2x in a month. The Dr in ER diagnosed as urticaria both times got steroid shots and prescriptions same both times. Nurse said take Pepcid and Zyrtec. But some days are so bad!"

Lola J January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I would just like to add a positive review in the midst of all the bad one. I realize that everybody react differentlyto each medicine, so I would like to say that I'm one of the people that had no symtomps whatsoever upon taking this medicine. I have severe rhinitis allergy and have been taking lots of other antihistamines. Cetrizine have work really well with me, all of the other literally made me sleep in the middle of the day! Minimal drowziness, and very effective except for some days where my allergy is so severe, I had to take the medication twice because the first one didn't work but this is a very rare case. So please don't hesitate to try it might work really well for you too!"

Sarah390997 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "Hey!! I was suffered by chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU) past 5 months, So initially i consulted a dermatologist and he said "It's just a food reaction so he gave some drugs", after 1 week it got worse and I'm worried but continued to take the medicine he gave. Parallely I searched about urticaria in internet and understood I have CIU and started worried every night i got this hives, it was painful to sleep (all over body), after some days i got on my face and head its was stressful and physically and mentally. Again I approached my doctor he said "it's not easy to identify why this hives occur", and he gave zyrtec 10 msg drug i use to take after my night meal every day. Later a month i asked my self why i need take this rest of my lif"

Mansoorahamed S (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "CIU or Chronic Idiopathic Urticia has been my recent diagnosis. I've had outbreaks of Hives for many many years, lasting from weeks to months. Most recently I've been seeing a specialist and he has me on cyclosporine. tough drug to take but cleared my hives and if I have an occasional small outbreak, zrytec does the trick and knocks it out. I also had a shot that was doctor recommended and the first dose cleared my hives but second did not, so on to the cyclosprine"

Rolopup October 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "A sleeping pill. Terrible."

User12345801236 October 3, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria: "I took them as prescribed by doctor for a bad reaction i had to mosquito bites. Made no difference. I tried piriton and that made a difference."

Nadya80 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used to take it for really bad hayfever and it used to the trick, hayfever not so bad. started taking it again at bedtime it acts as sleeping tablet for me. The problem is it seesm to last right through the next day thick head etc and general drowsiness, I rarely get through the day without having to sleep, which sometimes I don't mind but the general sedative effects continue throughout the day"

1o1 September 8, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria: "It is soothing and comforting during urticaria agony by stopping the itch and new hives. They must come out with citzene 24 hour tablet"

lbv prasad (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Zyrtec knocks me out. Period. I took a pill at noon and by 2:00 pm I lay down virtually passed out. I slept for two hours straight. In the middle of the day. When I awoke I could barely function. Brain fog, lethargy, no energy. To tell the truth, I was so spaced out for so long that I couldn't tell if helped my sinus condition or not. I wouldn't dream of taking it if I had to drive. It would make a great sleeping pill."

DarioT. (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "my bf had hives for 3 weeks. more often than not. claritan did really nothing. Allegra nothing. benedryl helped some. I was scared he'd have a anaphylaxis reaction. I bought him vit. c, b, d, quercitin, probiotic. a dao enzyme. and nothing was working great. today is Monday 611 pm. he started zyrtec sat at 11am. he has red huge hives on his back and legs and arms . well I'm happy to say...the zyrtec seems to be working.. they are gone. we've even eating normal and he's even had a couple of drinks. also he's taking pepcid. but it's been over two days of no hives. I think the zyrtec is a miracle."

allhivedout August 15, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "Had hives nearly every day for 3 weeks (at first I thought I was getting bug bites). Went to the Doc and she told me to try Zyrtec. Last night was the first time in 3 weeks I've been hives and itch-free. It's amazing. I just wish I could find out what's causing the outbreaks!"

ZyrtecRocks August 3, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have been trying to deal with drippy eyes and nose (saturating multiple tissues in a couple of hours), and upon awakening clearing throat for over 20 years since moving from the east coast to CA. I finally decided that I had enough and the doctor told me to try Zyrtec. I started it a few days ago...yep, the drips improved, BUT, I feel exhausted, falling asleep, no energy. I think I may have to deal with the drippy symptoms and tell Zyrtec to take a hike!"

Pirene July 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "Have always had severe allergies since a child, I first used Zyrtec about 14 years ago, worked great but I could barely stay awake at work, it was bad, I'm a dental assistant and I actually fell asleep while assisting(sitting on the assistant chair!) I could barely drive, I confided in a co-worker and she asked me if I was taking anything, I told her just allergy pills, she asked which ones and she said her daughter takes them but she has to take them a couple of hours before bed. I could have easily had a car accident. Anyhow now i'm researching what to take for mango skin allergy, I have Allegra which isn't as good and since I don't work now I'm going to take Zyrtec for it after reading the reviews on it."

Curesmile (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria: "I experienced a continuous outbreak of very itchy, irritating hives for four months at which time I took Benadryl once daily, bathe in cool water and doused myself with calamine lotion to get relief. Just as I was anticipating seeing an allergen Doctor, I asked my best friend's daughter who is a nurse if she could recommend anything other than the Benadryl. She vehemently responded "Zyrtec". She explained that her 20 year old daughter is an eight years hives sufferer and her only relief is Zyrtec. I begin taking one dose of Zyrtec on a Wednesday, had no breakout on Thursday, Friday or Saturday. In a weeks time I've taken a total of three Zyrtec - no hives. Thank you Zyrtec maker!!!"

Junebugjunebug (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "LOVE Zyrtec D...HATE HATE HATE THE PACKAGING....why can't you put it in a bottle instead of having to open ALL these tiny blister packs!!! This packaging is AWFUL!!"

Yall (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I have firstly severe seasonal allergies, and I purchased Zyrtec in hopes that it would be superior to Allegra. The allergy symptoms improved slightly, but the fatigue was terrible. It was so bad that I thought I was coming down with the flu. I slept for five hours straight in the middle of the day after my second dose. This is not acceptable."

SMarieBon June 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "I used this for hayfever when I was 17 and it made me drowzy. I'm now 26, have suffered from insomnia for many years. Recently, I remembered about these making me drowzy as a teen so I decided to buy some in the hope that they'd help me sleep. They didn't really do much to help; they might have made me slightly more drowzy but they no way had the same effect on me a 9 years ago."

Cysgu (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Didn't have much effect, only on occassion I have kidney problems due to diabetes so Dr. put a stop on more than 30 days"

tes1900 May 3, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Started taking this medicine for iching after being given it by my doctor. Worked for 1 day and after it didn't. Made me feel so sleepy but couldn't sleep and make my iching worse, couldn't sleep at night Wouldn't recommend"

hollyyamberrr April 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Made me very drowsy and gave a heavy head feeling - lasted 12 hrs"

Selznick April 14, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: "I'd rather suffer with the allergies than fight the sleepiness. My Dr said it would not cause drowsiness, well that's not so."

Slide M (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Urticaria: "I went in to the dr.s cause I have a rash all over my body and he prescribed cetirizine. All it did was make me sleepy, rash got worse then a different doctor looked at me 3 weeks later and determined I had scabies... Cetirizine really messed up my schedule. Being a college student, I fell behind because I was not able to keep up with homework."

nennyfromblocks (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: "I had first hive outbreak at age 63, off and one, lasting for a year. I visited the allergy doctor once and was advised to "enjoy life more and don't do too much! It could be stress-related". I did not take any medicine. Then for one and half a year, I was fine. For the recent 3 months, I have been suffering from the second chronic hive outbreak. They are acting up on my face, lips, eyes, and face which are new and more severe symptoms. At the same time, my older son had the same outbreak and has been taking Zyrtec daily by his doctor's recommendation. I have been asking a total of 13 pills from him. Firstly I took one a day for 4 days. They were very effective on me. Each pill can stop the hives for 3 days."

Rothive March 1, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Allergic Rhinitis: "Ya i am using cetrizine from past 5 years i am having a good relief"

Malik97500 February 12, 2016