User Reviews for Cetirizine (Page 5)

Also known as: Zyrtec, Alleroff, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 211 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

Malik97500 February 12, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Ya i am using cetrizine from past 5 years i am having a good relief”

Magdelaine1959 January 23, 2016

For Urticaria: “I have taken Zyrtec or the over the counter with a similar name like Walzyr, anyway, other than a rare occasional large hive, and probably due to missing a dose. I have been great. But I got this idea (to save more money) that I should have the doctor prescribe citirizine generic. You would think that would be OK, but I have been broke out in fine hives and a few welts. Also some spots that are a little dry like my eczema. My skin has never ITCHED this extremely. First I had it on upper right arm. WHICH HAS FINALLY RECOVERED, BUT... It continues to move and I break out, all over the last 26 to 28 days. I am switching back to the drug I used before. We will see if it a medication issue. Wish me luck!”

itchy no more · Taken for 10 years or more January 13, 2016

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My D.O. and I worked for years to find something that would stop my daily hives and stuffy, runny nose without much success until I tried cetirizine. My hives and extreme itchiness disappeared after the first dose, and I've been on it since. For this, I rate it a 10. Unfortunately, it didn't help my sinus situation at all. I can't take a decongestant because every time I take one, I get bronchitis. Silly, I know, but that's my body. Because cetirizine doesn't help my sinus situation at all, it rates a zero in this category, giving the drug an effectiveness rating of five.”

RedPanther · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine): “I take allergy shots for air and mould. The shots are marvellous, but occasionally when air and mould allergens are high I get a reaction. That's when I take Zyrtec. In couple of days my symptoms lessen, and by the third day they are gone. Excellent product. BTW, I have never experienced any negative side effects from Zyrtec.”

Sha vj · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 23, 2015

For Urticaria: “I have been suffering from chronic hives since 1 years. Every night I'm taking cetirizine which makes me to fall asleep. Now I couldn't survive even a single day without taking it. My hives are killing me if I miss a dose. As you all know tablets are not that much good for health.”

peggyboo121948 December 11, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: “The itching all over my body its driving me crazy ”

Ozjan · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “After travelling to Japan in Sep 2015 and having ,enjoying with tremendous quantity of sea food sasimi, BBQ Wangyu beef and wonderful cheese cake , I woke up next morning with hives literally covered my both front arms outer parts and partially between shoulder and neck. Never experienced previously with allergic reaction in my life ( btw I am 52y/o) After doing intensive checkup, blood tests, etc., etc., and more etc. finally one of the brilliant Doctor gave me the Zyrtec. I have been taking (one a day) for 2 weeks. I still don't know (my doctor either) what triggered these ugly hives but eventually all disappeared and gone to hell. I highly recommend. I agree about side effects especially causing impair my thinking.”

TheBeeHive November 20, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “52 y/o Well I have had hives for 2 almost 3 weeks now on my face scalp neck..cause undermined and I never had them before. I was put on pred-Metra-soul pack that I quit due to the extreme side effects. A sedative. I used a heap of ear and eye drops. Was taking Benadryll. I just wanted to claw my skin off..the welts were painful and then became HORRIBLY insanely itchy. One or three would go away only to be replaced by 4, eyes and even ears swelled shut. Tried Zertec after 3rd doc visit. Felt good! ITCHING STOPPED..still some swelling around one eye but given how bad it was this is like a miracle. Just took a second one today and tho still a LITTLE residual swelling- 95% better. NO SIDE EFFECTS either. This drug is a god send”

Lizk611 October 8, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “After a week using it all symptoms were gone. If I miss it 3 to 5 days , symptoms returned. No drowsiness is the best part.”

Jenn S. July 18, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking Zyrtec for almost 6 years. I was first prescribed Zyrtec to combat my allergies during pregnancy. It worked well except to make me a little drowsy. I only take it seasonally, and it still works well for my symptoms, but the fatigue and drowsiness has gotten worse over time. When I started taking it again for my Spring/Summer allergies this year, the first week was horrible. Even taking it at night I felt so fatigued the next day my muscles ached, and I had to fight to stay awake during the day with my 2 little ones at home. I would fall asleep as soon as my husband got home and sleep 14-15 hours. After about a week my body seemed to adjust and the drowsiness isn't as bad anymore.”

swike43 · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2015

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Have had cough since last Christmas. Went to V A (finally) and Doctor prescribed Cetirizine, 10mg. Been taking (just before bed) for about 2 weeks and see an improvement. Get drowsy every now and then but anything is better than that lousy cough. Thank you.”

SandibB June 5, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec made me so sleepy I could barely perform my job. Also felt sluggish and dangerous while driving. All I could think of all day was 'I need to go to sleep'...”

trinkystar · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have been getting viral hives over the last 6 months. I went and saw an allergist (who diagnosed me) and he recommends this instead of Benadryl. For me it hasn't helped. I guess I'm not as lucky as the others here.”

brkano April 13, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I would have a hives outbreak occasionally and went to see an allergist who just told me it had nothing to do with food and to take 1 zyrtec 2 if they were bad. I had an outbreak and they went down but it took awhile to work. I decided to get a second opinion with another allergist who ran tests and finally told me to take a zyrtec everday for life. He said if I felt an outbreak wanting to come to take a second one. I am happy to report this has actually worked I have gone 7 months with no hives outbreak! It feels wonderful to have my life back without worries of an outbreak! Please talk to your doctor about this recommendation my allergist gave me, I hope it helps someone out there. :)”

wish2dance March 6, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I've had chronic hives for years and until a doctor in the emergency room found exactly what to do.. within 2 hours, it was gone. She hooked me up to an IV and gave me a high dose of steriods, not the medrol dose pack. 20 MG 3 times a day (after I went home)but she also gave me Zyrtec 10 mg, and Prilosec. Apparently the Prilosec helps also. But I still get hives every 2 months. When I get hives, I welt up with a rash from head to toe, my skin is red as can be, and it burns badly and itches , also take lukewarm baths with a lot of Epsom salt,and the soap I use for hives attack is home made lye soap! It must be home made, I'm curious about how much Zyrtec can you take within 24 hr. Period safely”

Gailfsu · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 3, 2015

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “Zyrtec never helped my runny nose or itchy eyes but it eliminated about 90 percent of my hives, and for me, that might as well be a hundred percent. My hives came on gradually and worsened over the years. It got to the point where my skin burned and itched pretty much 24/7. When I started taking Zyrtec regularly I noticed immediate improvement. Before I had just assumed my post shave rash was normal but now I know it was my hives response.”

Kathoncamano · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 20, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have had hives a few times now. I just got done with a horrible case from penicillin. Took prednisone for several days. Some hives appear in the morning. Now I control with one Zyrtec per day. It works for me. No side effects. Great product.”

Astroraider · Taken for 10 years or more December 8, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis: “One each evening and I breathe free. Eliminates the nasal blockage side effect of Trazodone unless I drink beer in the evening!”

JGofCalifornia August 19, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “The feeling of being on fire started when I was 17 and the daily attacks didn't stop until I found Cetirizine HCL (Zyrtec) some 5 years ago. I'm now 50 I take a tablet every morning and I'm good. For me it's a miracle pill. ”

Cindy O. August 6, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “My husband has been having hive outbreaks which seem to have gotten progressively more severe over the last 8 months. His doctor has been changing medications trying to find the source. Husband is on blood pressure and statins. Benadryl is not as effective anymore plus taking it every six hours makes him sleep all the time. I am so glad I found this website! Talked with doctor about trying one of these antihistamine treatments and she agreed. It has worked! No more hives! Fantastic! He has a life again. Who knew that a 10mg pill could make such a difference.”

Saljofra50 July 30, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I was suffering really bad with my sinuses over the weekend and could find any relief. The doctor told me in the past to take Claritin, but it has never helped. I was at work this morning and my co worker told me about Zyrtec. Actually she had one for me to try and within 30 minutes, I could feel the pressure letting up in my sinus areas and what a surprise, I could breathe so much better, no sneezing, dripping, coughing, horrible pressure in my sinuses. I was astonished that this little pill could work so effectively. I have to say that I feel like a totally different person today, thanks to Zyrtec. If you haven't ever tried it, be sure to, it is the best of the best. I love you ZYRTEC!”

terrik2525 · Taken for 10 years or more July 1, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have taken Zyrtec since it came out years ago. It is the only thing that works for me. And believe me over the last 45 years I have tried everything! I have year round allergies and dog allergies. Once in a while (when the pollen count hits the roof as it does in Missouri) I have to also take an over the counter medication with it.”

RTennyson17 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2014

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I've been on this at 10mg for a few months to fight my hay fever. It has had some effect, my nose isn't running as frequently, but my eyes are watering and are itchy. If anything it has made my eyes worse. At 10mg it doesn't really do much.”

us395 May 8, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have had hives for five days now, they burn. I took 10mg of Zyrtec but they are no help. I still have the hives and still have the pain that only a ice pack will help.”

Nicfing · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Took Zyrtec on the advice of my ENT for chronic sinusitis from hay fever. It worked wonders on my sinuses but I can not function on it due to extreme drowsiness and fatigue. I am going to have to stop taking it!”