User Reviews for Cetirizine (Page 3)

Also known as: Zyrtec, Alleroff, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 211 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

jumbe May 31, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I took this medicine number of time and it is very effective especially when it comes to treating allergies but it put me to sleep the whole day. Honestly I simply can't even go to work or even operating on any machine like driving or even type correctly on my laptop. I prefer Allerid as it helps without making my day worse.”

LP · Taken for less than 1 month April 11, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I tried this in the equate brand for 4 days and my allergies got worse instead of better, my sinus swelled to the point I could not breath through my nose. I did not realize this may be part of it until I skipped a day and was getting a little better, until I took one again, the congestion came on strong again, and I realized within 30 min of taking this I was back to not breathing through my nose. I will not be using these again, this is miserable. I wish it did not last for 24 hours. I have had to do a pot of water with eucalyptus oil and that would open one side of sinus, but it does not last long.”

Michy April 6, 2018

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I took Zyrtec on Wednesday at bedtime and I'm still drowsy now on Friday 8pm. I woke Thursday morning to severe drowsiness. I had breakfast lots of water some glucose to combat this feeling of everything spinning around me and wanting to faint. I vomited twice so far. Trying diuretics and lots of water to get it out of my system but I'm still drowsy and any sudden movements leave me holding onto walls and furniture. I took 5mg. I have taken it before with no side effects. I'm never taking Zyrtec again.... Stayed out of work and going to my GP If I feel the same tomorrow Most unusual tho....”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2018

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Double vision in one eye after taking Zyrtec for less than 2 weeks. How long will this last after discontinuing drug?”

LisaM · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine does not help at all with the stuffy nose, which is due to the inflammation in the nasal passages more so than mucous. I found some relief from sneezing, but I still get sneeze attacks when I am exposed to allergens (tree pollen).”

emmmmmies February 1, 2018

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I’m giving zyrtec a 2 rating because the only good thing about it is it gets the job done (for the most part). I was diagnosed with chronic idiopathic urticaria two summers ago, and the only thing that popped up on my allergy blood tests was an low level of thyroid hormones. I was then also diagnosed with hashimotos, which later turned into hypothyroidism. I’m stuck taking zyrtec everyday, and if I try to get off, or miss a dose, I’m covered in hives and my eyes, lips and face are swollen.I cannot for the life of me get off of zyrtec. Please consider safer drugs that your body won’t become dependent on! I’m trapped.”

Allergy Sufferer 12345 January 26, 2018

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Stayed at my friend's house who had a cat. I knew I was allergic so I stayed far away for it. It still got to me enough to where the symptoms bothered me. Sore and itchy throat, itchy watery eyes, coughing, etc. I decided to take a 10mg Zyertec. I normally don't like taking pills. This one said non drowsy so I thought it would be safer. BIG mistake. I was so drained that after I woke up from a 8.5 hr night sleep, I was so tired, I couldn't keep my eyes open. It was so scary that I ended up going to the ER. They gave me fluids to flush it faster but I still suffered the rest of the day. Never again. Although it did help my symptoms, the side effects were not worth it.”

Laura502 January 13, 2018

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I used Zyrtec D for some really bad sinus pressure. It makes you sleepy during the day and anxious at night, but it has a very strong decongestant, and it works. I would never consider using it for a chronic condition, because the side effects are pretty heavy, but if you're just using it for a few days to help while you kick something, it works great.”

Jppp December 29, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I suffer from chronic hives. Zyrtec doesn't really help anything at all. I've had hives everyday for 2 years until my doctor told me about a shot called XOLAIR. I take 2 shots per month and it made my hives completely go away. I was on the shots for about a year. After 1 and a half years, my hives came back. I'm already in the process to go back on the shots again. I really recommend anyone with chronic hives to ask about XOLAIR.”

CarolynRena · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It works, no more sinuses but...after reading the side effects I'm slowly pulling back from taking them. I'm experiencing dry mouth, aches in my hands, hot flashes, and headaches. So I'm decreasing dosage to 1 pill every other day. I've been literally taking them everyday for about 4 months. Side effects gradually started happening.”

Jimmy S December 17, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “Instead of controlling my pain, it has amplified it. If anyone knows any other medicine please recommend it to me. I suffer from cholinergic urticaria. Thank you.”

tammm December 8, 2017

For Urticaria: “I've had chronic Urticaria for the last 6 months. My Allergist has me taking 4 zyrtec a day. Two in the morning and two at night. I also take 300mg Rantitidine twice a day and just added singulair because I'm still having hives with all these meds. I end up with Angiodema (facial swelling) and have to take Prednisone. Seems as if its getting worse and nothings helping.”

Craig7777 September 19, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I was diagnosed with Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria 3 months ago. I have dermographism, where my skin itches during the day, and if I scratch it, I get terrible red patches on my body which stay for an hour or two and looks terrible. I tried every single second generation antihistamine and non of them helped. Zyrtec finally gave me the relief I wanted. I take one pill in the morning with no side effects and I almost don't feel any itch during the day. Since I don't itch, I don't need to scratch myself and don't get hives. I give 8 starts because it doesn't completely cure CIU, but it helps me to manage my symptoms.”

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Have taken this every night for years and it is the best allergy medicine I've used.”

Old Grey Guy · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 31, 2017

For Urticaria: “In my 40s I started getting contact hives when lifting heavy object on my arms. As I got older it started getting worse and I often would also get rashes. After multiple visits to various doctors one finally took a biopsy or one of the rashes. It turns out I was allergic to the sun, a form of Lupus. I basically lived out doors in shorts and a t-shirts and the hives and rashes did not correspond to where the sun hit my body. I take one to two cetirizine pills per day (day/night) and also one Ranitidine 150 mg (another histamine inhibitor) and stay out of the sun. I cover up at all times and the hives are mostly gone. Before this I would get thick large hives from any pressure, even sitting. ”

GmWatkins July 12, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I recently had testing for chronic urticaria with Hashimoto (with normal thyroid levels). And came out positive which means I have to deal with hives and swelling. At first I was only taking Benadryl but it only put me to sleep and wake up with the same symptom. So my specialist suggested I take one zyrtec a day, but I was still having symptoms two times a week (remind you I was having hives and swelling every single day from morning to night) so even though I was having symptoms 2 times a week it was a relief but I was looking for a complete relief. So then again my specialist suggested instead of taking one 10g Zyrtec pill I would move on to taking two 10g Zyrtec pills a day. And thankfully it has changed my life! I Don't get drowsy!”

MalloryJay95 June 27, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “My eyes had been bothering me so much, they are constantly red and irritated, gritty feeling no matter what I do from the moment I wake up until I go to bed. I decided to try Zyrtec because my eyes were so bothersome, and antihistamine eyedrops didn't work. I've been taking it for 2 weeks, and I have never seen my eyes so white and feeling so good. I don't have to use eyedrops at all now. However there is one downside: Zyrtec makes me feel exhausted. It's not like when you take Benedryl and you feel like you could fall asleep standing up, it's more of a foggy feeling and you just feel like you could go for a nap, but the feeling never goes away even if you do nap.”

Skathlee · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This product has worked well for me overall. I use it in conjunction with Dymista, and the two together are great. If I miss a dose, then I'm itchy all over, so I take it every day religiously. The main side effect I've experienced (and this is common with Claritin and other similar products) is dry eye, but I simply use some Refresh Plus once a day and it's not a problem.”

MomMandy May 21, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “Hives is directly linked to autoimmune disorders such as Hashimoto's- a thyroid disease. Chronic hives can't be treated with Zyrtec if this is the case. I give Zyrtec 8 stars BC it is a great otc fix for allergies. However if you are suffering from chronic hives and find nothing helping, perhaps you need to research ... I am experiencing this first hand. I have found oatmeal baths and coconut oil with essential oils to sooth my chronic hives- specifically lavender, lemon, Meleluca, and peppermint. My next step is getting a full blood panel done to confirm Hashimoto's. ...Zyrtec can't fix that but is good for common allergies.”

It doesn't work April 30, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It didn't work, no effect whatsoever”

Itch-Free April 17, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “Just writing this in case it helps another person to know what their "trigger" was. I was given a cup of Artichoke Tea for the first time. Several hours later (during the night) started scratching shoulders and upper body. Itching stopped for few hours during the next day and re-occurred later that evening and spread to many other areas of body as I took myself to emergency dept of hospital. Was given one Prednisolone and two Zyrtec tabs in the very early hours of morning. Now, six hours later and (after great sleep) have awoken to no visible hives and no itching at all. Will get script for Zyrtec later on today just in case it comes back. But, fingers crossed it will not do so.”

xteeweex April 13, 2017

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I've had chronic hives for most of my life. I can't tell you the different types of medical "cocktails" I've been on. I've tried doxepin up to 100 mg.... made me loopy all day long. Don't really want to take anything that will mess with my brain. I've taken Benadryl, Claritin, Zyrtec, Zyrtec w/Zantac, I've switched antacids --- be careful with Prilosec. That will lower your B12 quicker than anything. Mine got so low, I had to start giving myself B12 shots from taking the Prilosec. Nothing is working for me! I am miserable beyond comprehension! If anyone has any other suggestion, please post. Thank you.”

yuoiu · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I had been trying this often on, for the last 2 years, first time was 14 pills for 6 dollars but ran out before I noticed any changes in symptoms. The second time was 20 dollars for 70 pills noticed a significant reduction allergic rhinitis, and associating post nasal drip, I am also taking it for atopic dermatitis, even though its not suppose to work, it helps with the itching, and sometimes the prevention of certain seasonal rashes. The greatest benefit was taking it twice one time, and nearly eliminated my nasal allergies for several months. 1 pill=50-80% effective on allergies, less on dermatitis. 2 pills 75-95% effective, although if I take 2 pills I would become somewhat drowsy, taking it once a day, will help build tolerance to drowsiness after”

Timoney April 5, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Took 20mg during a summer of very bad allergies when claritin and other meds were not helping sufficiently. Worked excellently for me. Only side effects I experienced were mild drowsiness the first few weeks on it and drying of skin and mouth, nothing extra water didn't fix.”

toadphillips · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2017

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It works. I don't take it everyday, It makes me feel out of it and pretty tired. Not as strong as benadryl which knocks me out cold but still it's pretty strong. If any of these OTC medicines had any type of euphoria they honestly wouldn't be that bad lol, but they just make you feel like you haven't slept in 2 days. I wish I could find an allergy medicine that didn't make me feel tired and weird. I've tried non drowsy Clartin but it doesn't do anything at all.”