User Reviews for Cetirizine (Page 6)

Also known as: Zyrtec, Alleroff, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 211 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

College Student March 25, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec relieved me of my allergies (except for my worst days), but the side effects were horrible--drowsiness being the worst. I took it at night, however, it still made me so drowsy during the day that in school I fell asleep in every class. Eventually my friends convinced me to stop taking it because they had experienced the same thing. ”

Amityjv · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2014

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec works well in combating allergies as well as allergic rhinitis. The best I've found.I take at night about an hour before bedtime and sleep like a baby all night. Love it. First time in years I can say I feel great and not congested from allergies.”

Ragweed sufferer · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2013

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec works incredibly well for my severe ragweed allergy. However, each fall I've noticed it's making me more and more drowsy, to the point that I don't want to do anything and I'm needing naps in the afternoon. I think I'm going to have to discontinue it, which is frustrating because it works much better than the other meds I've tried.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2013

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I've had chronic urticaria for over 2 years now, and out of all the allergy medicines, Zyrtec works the best. My hives have become much harder to manage in the past year, so I need to take twice the Zyrtec I used to, but it still works much better than Allegra or Claritin for me.”

clebrun · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2013

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I had hives for 3 weeks and I was completely miserable! I was put on steroids for 3 days and they came back as soon as I quit them. I was taking Benadryl everyday and was still so itchy. About ready to go nuts I researched and researched things to try. Into week 3 with the hives I started taking Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 and drinking green tea everyday. Took a Zyrtec one morning and my hives were cleared by evening. I have been taking 1 a day for 3 days now and I'm hive free..feeling great.”

geobrad7 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have taken cetirizine daily for a few months and have noticed my allergies are now much more under control. Unfortunately it hasn't been a complete package: I also use azelastine nasal spray for allergy prophylaxis. Though it is a common side effect, I never experienced drowsiness, even when taking it early in the day.”

gnjbivens · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 15, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “It worked great on my seasonal allergies. I've had a real problem with insomnia. Decided to check for causes and here I am. I've been extremely sleepy during the day, but chalk that up to the lack of sleep. I can't sleep more than 2 hours nightly. It's killing me! After reading all these reviews, I'm going to skip it today. I hope I don't begin to itch like so many of you did. It's a shame. It made a world of difference to my head and sinuses.”

naomi96 June 9, 2013

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I've had dermatographism or chronic urticaria for about 1 yr before I started taking Zyrtec. I started taking Zyrtec in January and now I forgot I even have the skin problem! When I first tried this product, the side effects made me extremely sleepy and thirsty. It dried my body out. But the side effects went away after prolonged use. Now I feel like a normal person!”

johnny Ray May 28, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Less sneezing, watery eyes, and I could feel the mucus drying up reminiscent of an expectorant medicine.”

55Epi Deb April 22, 2013

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I just started Zyrtec 10 mg one week ago for allergies. I have been plagued by intense palm itching with various other areas, arms, ankles, legs which develops into hives. I am happy to say...GONE NOW! Thank goodness! It was maddening and my doctor never got excited about it! So happy now!”

anonymous_6 April 18, 2013

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have had chronic idiopathic urticaria AND demographism for the last 14 years with no identifiable cause. 10mg daily works great and keeps the hives away. The drowsiness subsides after prolonged use.”

Iamanonymous April 9, 2013

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been on cetirizine for about 2 years now. I am now off it now. This medicine can cause severe itching when you come off of it. A full body itch that is completely distracting and makes you want to tear all of your skin off. I have tried to ween myself off of it, lowering my dose from 20mg to 10mg per day gradually over time, but this has had little effect. After about 48 hours of not having the medicine my body goes into full itch. I have to wear winter boots and oven mitts and jean clothing to prevent myself from itching. ”

No dust and pollen · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 3, 2013

For Urticaria: “Good for my runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes and itchy eyes due to the allergy with dust, pollen or any other thing like dog and cat's fur, even chemicals and food especially nuts. But doctor's give 10 mg a day and its been good since; although I am taking it less and less as and when I catch those allergies. Causes me some drowsiness and constant yawning!”

bobbyx October 3, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It really did not work for me. My eyes itched a bit less, but my nose just kept itching and running. Also sneezed multiple time after 1st dose. Tried a 2nd tablet 4 hours later with no noticeable results. This may work for some people but I get better relief from Benadryl, which works well but causes drowsiness.”

Secko08 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2012

For Urticaria: “I suffer from Giant Urticaria which is caused from several different things like Pepsi Max and Persil Washing Powder. My Dr. provided 10mg Cetirizine and I take it only when the reaction starts and within 30 minutes the itchiness stops and after a few hours the hives and redness have completely gone. It does make me very drowsy but that's a small price to pay for relief. Great product, highly recommended.”

lgs11 · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I just took Zyrtec for the first time yesterday. It did make me drowsy but I also didn't get much sleep the night before. I took it because my eye was so itchy and watery it had become swollen and I was having trouble breathing. I have had allergies for over 15 years but never took anything before this. Well I don't know if this is an unlisted side effect but I woke up in my sleep cracking up and could not stop laughing for a few minutes even after my husband woke me. I wonder if anyone else had intense dreams while on this medication. I don't take anything else that would cause this.”

Claudy-76 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2012

For Urticaria: “My daughter has been taking this medicine for several months for the treatment of Urticaria, and it's had NO effect.”

Anonymous March 15, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec worked well for my nasal allergies, but when I tried to stop taking it after several years, I got the skin itch/rash that many have reported. It was worst for the first few days, but now even a year later I still frequently get a skin rash when I get warm (cholinergic urticaria). I can't say for sure that the cholinergic urticaria was a side effect of stopping Zyrtec, but skin rashes were never a symptom of mine until I stopped.”

AllergySufferer March 14, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “As someone who uses Zyrtec as one of 2 primary treatments (The other being Benadryl.) I can vouch that Zyrtec gets the job done as described. 24 hours of itch free and low-drowsiness is very suitable for me. If you are someone having withdrawals from Zyrtec then you don't take it right. It only occurs when your body needs the Zyrtec in order for your brain to be chemically balanced. This usually occurs if you take it based on a schedule rather then when you notice your real symptoms. If you listen to your doctor and/or the label, then you will be like me as someone who is happy to be symptom free.”

Anonymous February 28, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It works better than any other medicine I have tried. Down side is the itching, which is caused by its negative effect on the liver. Therefore, I do not take it everyday. I have to wait a day or so in between.”

Anonymous February 27, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I thought Zyrtec (cetirizine) was great at first because it worked so well on my allergies. I have gained 15 pounds over 1-1/2 years. I didn't think it was related to Zyrtec, but recently figured out that it is. I am an extremely healthy eater (no processed foods or white flours/sugars), a runner and triathlete without weight issues before Zyrtec. I attributed the weight gain to age, hormones and finally my thyroid. Blood tests ruled out the hormone and thyroid issues. I only take HRT & Zyrtec. I stopped Zyrtec 3 days ago and have lost 2 pounds without any changes in diet. I am willing to suffer with allergy symptoms if I can lose this weight.”

florida allergies February 10, 2012

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “All day I have had runny nose, itchy watery eyes, sneezing, throat closing. I finally could not take it anymore I did some research online to determine the best OTC medication to use, Zyrtec stood out the most. I figured that it must be pretty strong due to the fact that at one time you needed a script to get it. I took my first tab at 3:00pm its now 3:18. I am starting to feel the effects of Zyrtec I have not sneezed as of yet my watery nose and eye's are starting to clear up. I'm beginning to breathe easier.”

Anonymous December 5, 2011

For Urticaria: “I got this medicine from my doctor who gave me it for my skin and since using it I've had very bad migraines. I've never had a migraine but since then its a throbbing bad pain. ”

Anonymous October 22, 2011

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking Zyrtec for about 2 years for hayfever. I have noticed that it doesn't seem to be working as well for my symptoms as it did at first. I stopped taking it 3 days ago and now I am experiencing severe itching on my hands and feet.”

RipTheSystem October 20, 2011

For Allergic Rhinitis: “I have severe seasonal allergies, along with allergies to dust and molds. I used Zyrtec or its generic equivalent for a few months, and it never could keep the severe symptoms under control, like other second generation antihistamines. I stopped after about 4 months of use. Zyrtec seems like a viable option for those with average seasonal allergies.”