User Reviews for Xolair

Xolair Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 71 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Xolair to treat Asthma, Maintenance

"At first I was a little nervous to get Xolair, after reading a lot of info online. Let me tell you, starting the injections were the BEST decision! I was at the point that I stopped going out with my friends or doing anything at all, because my asthma drained me and I was always scared of going into an asthma attack. After starting the injections I feel like I’m able to do breathe so much better and barely ever have attacks! I think I’ve bad 1 since I started getting the injections.... My asthma is sometimes bothered but nothing like it was before. Thank god for Xolair!"

Olivia (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

"Why Darthvader as a name? After my consultant tried for 6 years to get this drug, the hospital was my 2nd home and every day a mask was always around my mouth (aged 54). The trust would not pay for it despite it as was the result of me having the dreaded MRSA !! (no I didn't sue) I had to give up my business, so I moved once again ending up in another hospital. Eventually they asked if I had tried xolair?? NEVER LOOKED BACK and if I am on holiday for over limit I pay over £200 to fly back for injection.THANK YOU FOR GIVING ME MY LIFE BACK"

darthvadvader (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 26, 2018

"My experience with Xolair was life changing. I struggled with chronic asthma and allergies my whole childhood and teen years. My allergist prescribed this shot to me, so I could eventually be healthy enough to receive allergy shots. I started Xolair at age 13 and received my last dose of it when I was 16. Xolair was worth the pain, time and money. The serum is extremely thick and I received 3 shots of it every 2 weeks, but nothing compares to the quality of life I have now. I recommend this drug to anyone who has exhausted all options, who has maxed out on maintenance medication, who frequently finds themselves on Prednisone and antibiotics for the common cold, and can't remain healthy enough to receive allergy shots."

Grateful for This Miracle (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2018

"This drug works very well with me! My PFT baseline has gone up however my IgE is still very elevated. My breathing has improved and I hardly ever have to use my inhaler or nebulizer. Before, I’d have to be in the hospital several times a year in the ICU."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

"I have been on this drug for 6 months and I must be in that % that is doesn't work well for. I honestly feel like a guinea pig and I am going to stop taking this medicine. For all who take it and it work, I am happy for you."

Neicie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

"6 months 2 injections every 2 week. Sorry guys but no effect at all. Still on 20 mg of prednisone a day . I wish it had worked."

Roy H. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 21, 2017

"I’m 21 and joined the clinic programme when I was 19/20. I was constantly in and out of Hospital with attacks. Since having this I rarely get admitted. I have four injections every two weeks! I always feel tired after treatment and need a good sleep! Other than that. Amazing drug"

Milly B (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2017

"I have been xolair for two months. Wow, what a difference this has made. I would cough all day and used my inhalers more than directed. Now I don't cough much and don't wheeze. I use inhalers once a day now. Two weeks after the first shot I could tell a difference. This is a great drug. I do feel some tiredness with it but it is tolerable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

"At the age of 67 I developed allergic asthma after moving to SW Florida. I've had chronic sinusitis for years but controlled it with O/C medications. The multiple asthma attacks (with lack of breath) were daily. I had to use inhalers and a nebulizer. After 2 years of trying different medications the Allergist said "we're going to try Xolair." Used it for 6 months and no change. Have now been changed to Nucala. Too early to tell its effects. An inhaler called QVAR seems to be keeping me in good health until the Nucala does its job."

70inFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2017

"I have had asthma all my life. As I got older it has worsened. I was continuously on steroids. I'm 1 1/2 years post op of my Bronchial Thermoplasty (BT) procedures. I receive Xolair once a month. To be honest it was the best decision I've made. My asthma has remarkably improved and I'm living a life I thought I'd never have. I went dancing and I actually stayed up on the dance floor waiting for the next song. I'm able to go motorcycling and not worry how long I can stay out if I'm going to get winded, where I'm in need of a nebulizer treatment. I'm fully aware I still have asthma, where I go my rescue inhalers and my EpiPen go with me. I'm now enjoying my life thanks to BT and XOLAIR."

Harley Girl from Indiana (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2017

"I can't really rate the drug itself, since I've never taken it. I don't even meet the criteria to be on it, that of the maker or of my insurance. But, the pulmonologist was pushing me to get on it. He called me on the phone, but only told me the name, and that the insurance would cover it. I looked it up, I've only been in the hospital once for asthma, for 2 days, in my life (at 60), no ER trips for it for years, not on ICS because I can't use them due to severe side effects in me. I told him he must be thinking of another patient. Then he tried using the result of the IgE test, and fact I have pets, which I don't even react to. He exaggerated everything about my history. Some sort of Kickback is all I can figure, here. "

Wendy in IL July 14, 2017

"It opens your airways"

Stacey opens (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

"I am glad to see that so many people had a positive experience with Xolair on this review page, I hope these reviews are real. I was fine on Xolair for about a year, although I will say I did not notice too much difference. In fairness, my asthma was relatively under control at the time with a daily steroid (Symbicort). One day after a shot, I experienced what can only be described as the most ridiculous sounding symptom on the Xolair box, feelings of impending doom. This was 3 years ago and I have suffered from severe anxiety ever since. My life, including my marriage, has been drastically affected by Xolair. PLEASE use caution before taking this and more importantly before letting your children take it."

Ben7781 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2017

"I was diagnosed with asthma & allergies 15 yrs ago. I am now 65. In the beginning b4 Zolair injections, my asthma would act up & I would cough 4 weeks until I had such a sore throat, broken blood vessels around my eyes & was just miserable. Around 7 yrs ago, my Dr recommended I start Zolair injections every 2 wks. What a difference, like nite & day. I don't have any side effects either. I seldom have asthma flare ups & very little allergy problems. I still use an inhaler morn & nite & carry a rescue inhaler w me, which I seldom use. What a life saver Zolair injections has bn. I have my life back."

Lendy Lee March 21, 2017

"I have just received my 4th Xolair shot. I get them every two weeks. While I do think the shot is making a difference I am also discovering I am having some common side affects. Apparently I am getting dehydrated and have some dizziness. Anyone else have side effects and how long did they last? I was so concerned with the possibility of an anaphylactic reaction I did not catch that I was experiencing common side effects."

FCHebert (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2017

"I have severe allergic asthma. After two hospitalizations for pneumonia, asthma attacks, anaphylaxis, chronic sinus infections following a childhood of allergy shots, as a young adult I needed constant medication to battle endless infections and hives. With allergy meds (I've tried them all), steroids and typical asthma meds, I had still become dependent on a nebulizer, every 4 hours. After years of struggle, I was actually getting worse working downtown Houston. Xolair changed my life! I went from a sickly, declining 28-year-old to a normal person, requiring nothing else but Benedryl during the spring. I have been taking it for 12 years, including a healthy pregnancy after the first year."

CamiGold (taken for 10 years or more) January 29, 2017

"I developed allergies in my 30s and then asthma. Within 5 years the asthma and allergies became severe, having anaphylaxis and systemic reactions to medicines and foods, while inhalents caused severe asthma reactions. I saw 6. Allergy specialists and I was told there wasn't anything else they could do. I had an anaphylactic reaction to both allergy skin testing and an allergy immunolytics therapy injection. Finally in 2008 an allergist recommended xolair. After 4 months I noticed the seasonal allergies and number of asthma issues decreased. I haven't had an anaphylactic reaction since 2010. I now just take Allegra daily and live a regular life."

Davielee (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2017

"I have been taking xolair for 5 years now. It is an amazing medicine. I only have one fully developed lung so I had asthma pretty bad. I am also allergic to elm trees so I would get hives and itching alot when I was outside. No more trips to er anymore and I can go outside and not have to wear jackets in summer due to the trees giving me hives. I have had no side effects so far. All I know is this drug works for me. It has changed my life."

Rebecca M (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2016

"Awful...was on it for 3 months made my asthma worse...I think if your ige levels are lower than 700 than maybe it could work, but for me mine were so high it didnt. Luckily I didn't have enough to pay buy it cost 10k a mo and I had to spend every other week at the dr"

Hnb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

"I had tried everything. I had been on steroids 15 times in one year. I had been taken from work twice by ambulance from asthma attacks. Hospitalized from asthma attacks. Nothing was working. I couldn't do anything. I could hardly be outside at all. I couldn't go to my grandson's baseball games or anything. Depression was getting worse all the time. Since I started on Zolair I have not been on steroids,no trips to hospital and I went to every single baseball game of my grandson( even double headers). This has been life changing. I would love to tell everyone!!!"

Vickie Hardesty August 9, 2016

"February 2013 I woke up 6 days later in ICU and the nurse pulling a long tube out of my mouth (incubated). I lost 6 days of my life due to respiratory failure from an acute asthma attack. So here I am 3 years later have been on Xolair which has changed my world completely. I have not used my neubulizer machine and occasionally use my inhaler but I travel weekly for work. I am a 57 years of age, female and love animals and the outdoors. As far as side effects there are muscle pains but I would rather know that I can breathe and not be on steroids and other maintenance meds. My husbands peace of mind he makes sure that I do not miss injections. Make sure you check out all financial options for Xolair assistance."

Candyjo April 3, 2016

"This is my second time I have been on this medication. I was on it about 5 years ago for severe asthma and had to stop because of cost and insurance not covering it. I went from a 42% lung capacity to 65% in just about 6 months I felt great and over about 3 years I started to decline again. I started back thanks to better insurance and the co-pay assistance and feel a lot better. My lung capacity still is not great but I have gone from using my rescue inhaler several times a day to using it only about once every few weeks. So far I have been lucky enough to not have any side effects. I highly recommend it but be sure you get the co-pay assistance in place before starting it."

Robh80 March 16, 2016

"I've been in this injection since August 2014. It really has improved my quality of life. Before it, I was in and out of the doctors or ER every week. But now I rarely need to go because of this medication. I have tried so many different medicines and this is the only one that worked for me. It's scary when you see your lung function decreasing over time But xolair has given me hope. I get the shot every 2 weeks. Sometimes the side effects suck, muscle weakness and extreme fatigue but it's better then not breathing"

Jcoop (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

"I've been taking this injection monthly for 9 years and have been extremely happy with the way it's improved my quality of life. I use my rescue inhaler less and I need prednisone courses very infrequently. Although I try hard to be regimented about getting my shot, I forget to schedule the appt. and/or the delivery to my doctor's office. My body can tell when it's ready for the next one. I feel badly for the person who's posted with such hostility on here about it not working for him/her. It's a godsend for me and many other severe asthmatics."

Jim in NYC February 16, 2016

"Got sick (flu) or so I thought. I went to work. Went home, next morning could barely walk. I went to urgent care got a wheelchair. Doc said I had bad asthma attack. Admitted me in hospital for a while. Seen a pulmonologist, who suggested I try Xolair. That was over 2 years ago, it changed my life. I get shots every 2 weeks.."

Kingbilly December 30, 2015