User Reviews for Xolair

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Xolair.

Xolair Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 71 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Xolair to treat Asthma, Maintenance

"I have been on this drug for 6 months and I must be in that % that is doesn't work well for. I honestly feel like a guinea pig and I am going to stop taking this medicine. For all who take it and it work, I am happy for you."

Neicie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"6 months 2 injections every 2 week. Sorry guys but no effect at all. Still on 20 mg of prednisone a day . I wish it had worked."

Roy H. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’m 21 and joined the clinic programme when I was 19/20. I was constantly in and out of Hospital with attacks. Since having this I rarely get admitted. I have four injections every two weeks! I always feel tired after treatment and need a good sleep! Other than that. Amazing drug"

Milly B (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been xolair for two months. Wow, what a difference this has made. I would cough all day and used my inhalers more than directed. Now I don't cough much and don't wheeze. I use inhalers once a day now. Two weeks after the first shot I could tell a difference. This is a great drug. I do feel some tiredness with it but it is tolerable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At the age of 67 I developed allergic asthma after moving to SW Florida. I've had chronic sinusitis for years but controlled it with O/C medications. The multiple asthma attacks (with lack of breath) were daily. I had to use inhalers and a nebulizer. After 2 years of trying different medications the Allergist said "we're going to try Xolair." Used it for 6 months and no change. Have now been changed to Nucala. Too early to tell its effects. An inhaler called QVAR seems to be keeping me in good health until the Nucala does its job."

70inFL (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had asthma all my life. As I got older it has worsened. I was continuously on steroids. I'm 1 1/2 years post op of my Bronchial Thermoplasty (BT) procedures. I receive Xolair once a month. To be honest it was the best decision I've made. My asthma has remarkably improved and I'm living a life I thought I'd never have. I went dancing and I actually stayed up on the dance floor waiting for the next song. I'm able to go motorcycling and not worry how long I can stay out if I'm going to get winded, where I'm in need of a nebulizer treatment. I'm fully aware I still have asthma, where I go my rescue inhalers and my EpiPen go with me. I'm now enjoying my life thanks to BT and XOLAIR."

Harley Girl from Indiana (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I can't really rate the drug itself, since I've never taken it. I don't even meet the criteria to be on it, that of the maker or of my insurance. But, the pulmonologist was pushing me to get on it. He called me on the phone, but only told me the name, and that the insurance would cover it. I looked it up, I've only been in the hospital once for asthma, for 2 days, in my life (at 60), no ER trips for it for years, not on ICS because I can't use them due to severe side effects in me. I told him he must be thinking of another patient. Then he tried using the result of the IgE test, and fact I have pets, which I don't even react to. He exaggerated everything about my history. Some sort of Kickback is all I can figure, here. "

Wendy in IL July 14, 2017

"It opens your airways"

Stacey opens (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am glad to see that so many people had a positive experience with Xolair on this review page, I hope these reviews are real. I was fine on Xolair for about a year, although I will say I did not notice too much difference. In fairness, my asthma was relatively under control at the time with a daily steroid (Symbicort). One day after a shot, I experienced what can only be described as the most ridiculous sounding symptom on the Xolair box, feelings of impending doom. This was 3 years ago and I have suffered from severe anxiety ever since. My life, including my marriage, has been drastically affected by Xolair. PLEASE use caution before taking this and more importantly before letting your children take it."

Ben7781 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with asthma & allergies 15 yrs ago. I am now 65. In the beginning b4 Zolair injections, my asthma would act up & I would cough 4 weeks until I had such a sore throat, broken blood vessels around my eyes & was just miserable. Around 7 yrs ago, my Dr recommended I start Zolair injections every 2 wks. What a difference, like nite & day. I don't have any side effects either. I seldom have asthma flare ups & very little allergy problems. I still use an inhaler morn & nite & carry a rescue inhaler w me, which I seldom use. What a life saver Zolair injections has bn. I have my life back."

Lendy Lee March 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have just received my 4th Xolair shot. I get them every two weeks. While I do think the shot is making a difference I am also discovering I am having some common side affects. Apparently I am getting dehydrated and have some dizziness. Anyone else have side effects and how long did they last? I was so concerned with the possibility of an anaphylactic reaction I did not catch that I was experiencing common side effects."

FCHebert (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have severe allergic asthma. After two hospitalizations for pneumonia, asthma attacks, anaphylaxis, chronic sinus infections following a childhood of allergy shots, as a young adult I needed constant medication to battle endless infections and hives. With allergy meds (I've tried them all), steroids and typical asthma meds, I had still become dependent on a nebulizer, every 4 hours. After years of struggle, I was actually getting worse working downtown Houston. Xolair changed my life! I went from a sickly, declining 28-year-old to a normal person, requiring nothing else but Benedryl during the spring. I have been taking it for 12 years, including a healthy pregnancy after the first year."

CamiGold (taken for 10 years or more) January 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I developed allergies in my 30s and then asthma. Within 5 years the asthma and allergies became severe, having anaphylaxis and systemic reactions to medicines and foods, while inhalents caused severe asthma reactions. I saw 6. Allergy specialists and I was told there wasn't anything else they could do. I had an anaphylactic reaction to both allergy skin testing and an allergy immunolytics therapy injection. Finally in 2008 an allergist recommended xolair. After 4 months I noticed the seasonal allergies and number of asthma issues decreased. I haven't had an anaphylactic reaction since 2010. I now just take Allegra daily and live a regular life."

Davielee (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking xolair for 5 years now. It is an amazing medicine. I only have one fully developed lung so I had asthma pretty bad. I am also allergic to elm trees so I would get hives and itching alot when I was outside. No more trips to er anymore and I can go outside and not have to wear jackets in summer due to the trees giving me hives. I have had no side effects so far. All I know is this drug works for me. It has changed my life."

Rebecca M (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Awful...was on it for 3 months made my asthma worse...I think if your ige levels are lower than 700 than maybe it could work, but for me mine were so high it didnt. Luckily I didn't have enough to pay buy it cost 10k a mo and I had to spend every other week at the dr"

Hnb (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had tried everything. I had been on steroids 15 times in one year. I had been taken from work twice by ambulance from asthma attacks. Hospitalized from asthma attacks. Nothing was working. I couldn't do anything. I could hardly be outside at all. I couldn't go to my grandson's baseball games or anything. Depression was getting worse all the time. Since I started on Zolair I have not been on steroids,no trips to hospital and I went to every single baseball game of my grandson( even double headers). This has been life changing. I would love to tell everyone!!!"

Vickie Hardesty August 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"February 2013 I woke up 6 days later in ICU and the nurse pulling a long tube out of my mouth (incubated). I lost 6 days of my life due to respiratory failure from an acute asthma attack. So here I am 3 years later have been on Xolair which has changed my world completely. I have not used my neubulizer machine and occasionally use my inhaler but I travel weekly for work. I am a 57 years of age, female and love animals and the outdoors. As far as side effects there are muscle pains but I would rather know that I can breathe and not be on steroids and other maintenance meds. My husbands peace of mind he makes sure that I do not miss injections. Make sure you check out all financial options for Xolair assistance."

Candyjo April 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is my second time I have been on this medication. I was on it about 5 years ago for severe asthma and had to stop because of cost and insurance not covering it. I went from a 42% lung capacity to 65% in just about 6 months I felt great and over about 3 years I started to decline again. I started back thanks to better insurance and the co-pay assistance and feel a lot better. My lung capacity still is not great but I have gone from using my rescue inhaler several times a day to using it only about once every few weeks. So far I have been lucky enough to not have any side effects. I highly recommend it but be sure you get the co-pay assistance in place before starting it."

Robh80 March 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been in this injection since August 2014. It really has improved my quality of life. Before it, I was in and out of the doctors or ER every week. But now I rarely need to go because of this medication. I have tried so many different medicines and this is the only one that worked for me. It's scary when you see your lung function decreasing over time But xolair has given me hope. I get the shot every 2 weeks. Sometimes the side effects suck, muscle weakness and extreme fatigue but it's better then not breathing"

Jcoop (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking this injection monthly for 9 years and have been extremely happy with the way it's improved my quality of life. I use my rescue inhaler less and I need prednisone courses very infrequently. Although I try hard to be regimented about getting my shot, I forget to schedule the appt. and/or the delivery to my doctor's office. My body can tell when it's ready for the next one. I feel badly for the person who's posted with such hostility on here about it not working for him/her. It's a godsend for me and many other severe asthmatics."

Jim in NYC February 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got sick (flu) or so I thought. I went to work. Went home, next morning could barely walk. I went to urgent care got a wheelchair. Doc said I had bad asthma attack. Admitted me in hospital for a while. Seen a pulmonologist, who suggested I try Xolair. That was over 2 years ago, it changed my life. I get shots every 2 weeks.."

Kingbilly December 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello. I've had asthma since childhood 57 years old my asthma attacks were so bad tried everything. My allergist suggested xolair. My asthma is under control. I feel great regular injections twice a week. I thank my Dr and xolair if your asthma is bad give a try. God bless"

Enrique g November 14, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"As my Conditions are unstable an rare..Professor's have never seen anything like me..Episode's started early January 2013 in serious effects leading me in to icu in September 2013..Since then l've had every test under the sun and they are still no closer to finding out why l have theses episodes..So they decided to put me on the Xolair Injection but they said, "this may not work " its trial and error with you..So l'm due for my 3rd injection on the 8th October. .l have to stay at the Hospital up to 3 hrs per injection. .l've had episodes on this injection. .l don't like the side affects so this will be my last injection. ."

Hallu (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It works! I used to pray for something to help me-Xolair answered my prayers!I started in March 2015 and the 1st shot my nose cleared. Since then each shot was a journey. I was on Prednisone too often and April August September usually meant using the nebulizer prednisone & hoping I wouldn't go to the hospital. Walking from family room to kitchen was challenging,walking my dog-no way! I now am taking my dog out 4Xday.Also I want to do more things. My allergist never told me about Xolair, I found out on Internet! Please try it as it is lifechanging! Good Luck!"

Anonymous September 24, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this medication on and off for the last 6 years. The only reason I didn't take it the whole time was because I was pregnant twice and insurance issues the other time. When I'm not on this medication I can't even so much as look at a cat or dog. I have not had to take oral steroids monthly like I used too, only now maybe once a year with I get a cold or flu. I was so restricted in what I could do before I took xolair, now I can go to the gym or play with the kids just fine. I would recommend to anyone who has asthma and is allergic to an animal."

KelseyB (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 20, 2015