User Reviews for Breo Ellipta to treat COPD, Maintenance

Breo Ellipta has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of COPD, Maintenance. 38% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Breo Ellipta Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of COPD, Maintenance.

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Halo · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

“Breo definitely helped with breathing but the side effects are not good for me. On Breo for 3 months and found I gained 20 pounds, was always hungry, excessive phlegm, continually tired, leg cramps in the morning, extreme uncomfortable bloating to the point I thought I would bust. So no....it doesn’t work for me.”

Emma August 8, 2019

“I have chronic asthma I have been on Breo for 3 months. I am able to breathe . Not used any ventolin at all. At first I had dizzy spells a couple of times which lasted for a few hours. I was full of energy and so happy that I am able to do my house chores without any issues. After a while I noticed my scalp itchy and dry. My muscles started to ache, my joints specially. I started to gain weight, hungry all the time. I was becoming tired unable to concentrate. My face bloated, I was retaining fluid, which I noticed when I took off my socks. Had to buy some new shoes and to my amazement I had to buy a size bigger. What do you do , put up with side effects to breathe ?”

Tina · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

“Doctor gave me a sample. Used it 3 days. I do think it helped my breathing but I stopped using it. I had the worst headache ever. And terrible mouth pain. All of my teeth hurt and the entire inside of my mouth. Those problems were so painful that I stopped using it.”

Patty · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

“I am a 57 woman with very early COPD due to smoking for 30 years. I have been on Breo for 3 months and it has worked great for me! No shortness of breath while walking like before. I have had leg pain but could be from the statin I'm taking. I would say the benefits I've received from this drug far out weigh the slight side effects I've experienced.”

nmcjane · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 9, 2020

“It somewhat works. It does not last a full 24 hours as they claim. Last about 14 hours. I'm going to stop using it because of the price. Way too costly. They also change the price constantly. Can't wait until all these companies patents run out on long term inhalers so I can get a generic version.”

I'll Play · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

“My pulmonologist prescribed Breo Ellipta for a lung infection so despite the chain of side-affects I did the one month course. It did alleviate the issues I was having along with a course of other steroids but going forward, No Thank You. I use my nebulizer something else which I should have reverted to in the first place and it works much better”

great gatsby · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2016

“my doctor change albuterol to breo ellipta 200/25 i used 6 months. It help but it design for that, i have lot side defect, blood pressure go up from 145/155 to 165 then gain weight from 180 pounds to 190 pounds + start getting boils left and right usually between 4 to 6 weeks on my face 6 times and on my but 4 times .I do not recomended this medication is very expensive then i stop used 2 weeks and i will like proof my doctor those boils is becouse i used thic medicine ,according to my doctor it's not from breo ellipta”

Lou · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

“I had intense wheezing originating from my throat that prevented me from falling asleep. After using other medications did not resolve the issue, Breo did. When the wheezing returns I use Breo once or twice (one per day) to eliminate the wheezing.”

Lissy August 13, 2020

“Going off it after 5 months because I need to see if it's the cause of hypertension and hypertensive crisis. Never had high bp in my life, ALWAYS on low side.”

Naj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 7, 2016

“Has made a big improvement in my breathing . Just be sure to rinse your mouth well after using to avoid throat and mouth issues.”

PaulFr September 14, 2016

“Intense itching on front and back of torso and arms.”

Sdane3 · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2016

“Tried this for a month and it didn't work nearly as well as my previous medications. Asked doctor to switch me back. Awkward inhaler.”

Ree1963 September 29, 2016

“Breo along with Incruse has improved by breathing ten fold! I am so happy to be feeling better . Free Co-Pay from both companies”

Dixie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 14, 2021

“Breo has been very effective in treating my Asthma and COPD. I can tell when I've missed it for 1 day. Wish it wasn't so expensive. BCBS stopped covering it .”