User Reviews for Dupixent to treat Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps

Dupixent has an average rating of 8.6 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps. 81% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Dupixent Rating Summary

8.6/10 average rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps.

Reviews for Dupixent

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2021

“I have had nose polyps for 14 years. I have had 1-2 surgeries every year to have them removed.I have had no smell or taste for years. After every surgery within 3-4 months my polyps return. I have been miserable for many years. I have tried many different things to help. But nothing has worked. So after this last surgery in Dec I approached my ENT about Dupinxent. I have been taking it for 6 weeks / 3 injections and feel great! So far so good. No side effects and for once in 14 years I can smell and taste. I' m looking forward to having my sense of smell and taste for a long time...lol I'm glad it's working! Fingers crossed!”

RWD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2020

“I developed nasal polyps about 5-6 years ago, took oral steroids every six months to knock them down but they'd come back in 3-4 months. Had one surgery to remove them, but again, they came right back. Asked my asthma doc about Dupixent since I have both polyps and eosinophilic asthma. The asthma is now controlled to the point where I only need a rescue inhaler, and the polyps disappeared right after the third dose. I can now breathe normally, no stuffy/runny nose, and no issues with alcohol sending my polyps into overdrive. After 8 months, no side effects experienced, so I'm very happy with Dupixent!”

Jen · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2020

“I have had Chronic Sinus issues and nasal polyps for about 14 years and have had 4 sinus surgeries. Not wanting to have a 5th surgery since they never seem to be successful for long my ENT suggested I try Dupixent. I started in July and was able to start feeling a difference with my sinuses within 4 weeks! After about 8 weeks of Dupixent ( 4injections) my smell and taste came back and I was able to start sleeping again without waking up every hour to blow my nose. I also have asthma and it has helped me with that as well. After years of suffering this has been pretty life changing.”

MLB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2020

“I've had 5 sinus surgeries in 20 years to remove nasal polyps. I have tried everything you can think of, to manage my nasal polyps. I tried Dupixent and it changed my life. In one week after my first Dupixent shot I could feel a positive change in my nasal airway. After another six weeks I could smell and taste. My allergist doctor said I was a super reactive patient to Dupixent, in a positive way. I want to say Thank You to the makers Dupixent.”

Tobad April 12, 2020

“My dr gave me Dupixent in hope of clearing up chronic sinuses. By the fourth shot I told her I was getting headaches and contributed to this drug. She disagreed and administered a fifth shot but I said I was through with the drug if I get headaches. After about a week the headaches came back to the extreme. It’s been five weeks now and I am still suffering along with other side effects. One would have to be crazy to take this drug and deal with the pain and anxiety that I am going through.”

Buddy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2021

“At the start of the pandemic I got a sore throat, post nasal drip and cough. Naturally no one wanted to see me. Months go by and the symptoms persist and I finally get to see an ENT, allergist, gastro doc, everybody. Turns out I'm allergic to every tree known to man. Lol. Finally after steroids, antibiotics, nasal sprays I get to get a CT scan.. oh boy. My entire sinus cavity is littered with polyps. And after being told surgery is the only thing that'll work and that we're gonna have to do a full turbectomy I said let me get a second opinion. New ENT doc said, try dupixent. Started it in January it is now end of April and almost all of the polyps are gone. I did also have to go on emeprozole for Gerd but finally, 14 months later all my symptoms are gone. Dupixent is legit!”

JF13 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2021

“Started the Dupixent 300mg shots in Nov. 2020 when my I was referred to a Pulmonologist by my primary. Kept getting lung infections and a round of antibiotics and prednisone only to see it come back every 4-6 weeks. All precipitated by a sinus infection and more antibiotics. The past 18 months was brutal with asthma exacerbations and sinus infections. I have had two sinus surgeries since 2009. Also have been on allergy shots. My Pulmonologist finally diagnosed me with Eosinophilic Asthma. I’m at 10 weeks now and can say that my sinuses inflammation is almost non existent and my congestion is less and less every week. I did not expect my sinus symptoms to nearly be gone. Dupixent is a game changer!”

Ark23 December 7, 2020

“I started Dupixent about 2 months ago. I have received 4 injections so far. I have suffered from absolutely terrible allergies, nasal polyps, and asthma for the last 6-7 years. Also was diagnosed with AERD. Tried every medicine possible. Was on prednisone all the time. Which caused terrible weight gain, etc. I am now 23 years old. About 4 yrs ago I had major sinus surgery due to severe nasal polyps. It helped greatly at the time. Over the last year my symptoms started up again and my polyps & asthma had came back. My ENT decided to start me on Dupixent, after a dose a steroids. So far Dupixent is a LIFESAVER for me!! I haven't used my inhaler for weeks (except for when I exercise) only have to use my steroid inhaler once a day. I have been able to cut back on my decongestant meds. I can also finally sleep at night w/out coughing or waking up wheezing! It's a life saver! I feel almost normal again! Haven't experienced any bad side effects yet”

CT · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2021

“Well I like many others I see reviews from, suffer from nasal polyps. I have been dealing with them for over 10 years. I have had 2 surgeries (in patient) and 1 out patient surgeries. Still my polyps return. I have been without sense of smell and taste for the whole 10 years. Well this passed Wed I got my first 2 injections of dupixent and the next day I am able to smell odors. I was so excited I went to out spice drawer and able to smell things I have missed for a decade. Thank you so much for this medicine and I hope I just continue to improve.”

Kaneki · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2020

“I have been dealing with nasal polyps for the past 4 years. I have had surgery 3 times and ever since my allergist prescribed Dupixent in the fall of 2018 I have not needed another surgery or even a dose of oral steroids. Dupixent has done a tremendous job at keeping my nasal polyps at bay. I have not had any noticeable side effects and am very happy with the results of my prescription. 22 year old male”

Tammy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 1, 2020

“I’ve dealt with nasal polyps 7 years. In the fall of 2019 I came across an article about dupixent. I asked my ENT about it and have been on it since. I feel like a new person. Once in awhile I can feel the polyps but I’ve had my smell and taste all year! It’s amazing and has changed my life. Only side affect I have experienced is some itching on my shins and calves.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2020

“This drug absolutely changed my quality of life. I started to get chronic sinus infections 4 times a year when I was 15. After a surgery, about 5 courses of oral steroids every single year with no cure in sight, my doctor finally suggested I start with Dupixent. After 4 injections, my ENT scoped me and was in shock. She told me I was the healthiest she has ever seen me in 7 years and I had a dramatic change in my sinuses. I cannot be more thankful for this medicine. As a 22 year old woman, my health issues were dominating my life. To feel them become a non issue is an amazing feeling!!!!”

MCASer · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 17, 2021

“I’ve been Dupixent for nearly one year for treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis complicated by mast cell activation syndrome. We are now at peak spring allergy season and I feel like so much better than past allergy seasons. Prior to treatment with Dupixent, I lived in a vicious cycle of absolute misery followed by steroid treatment followed by misery. Dupixent has improved my quality of life.”

Ron · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 26, 2020

“On Dupixent since January. Had seemed to help with sinusitis, however after 3 or 4 injections I have become extremely fatigued and tired after any effort or exercise. This is very unusual for me even though I am 81. Not sure if Dupixent is the problem since I have a very slow heart rate when at rest. May stop the medication temporarily.”

allymcreal · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2021

“I had surgery to remove nasal polyps two years and three months ago. I was told to go on allergy injections and nasal steroids to reduce the chance that the polyps would come back. Well, they have. They said my sinuses are worse now than they were two years ago and recommended I start Dupixent immediately. I had my first injection (auto-inject pin) one week ago. It felt like someone asked me to allow someone to put out their lit cigar on my leg and hold it there for 30 seconds. It was unbelievably painful. I've also started to notice subtle changes in my vision; not sure if it's possible that I could have problems with my sight after just one dose. Right now, I'm trying to decide whether or not I can possibly psyche myself up for another dose. Yes, I want to taste and smell, but surely there is a more humane way to address this problem?”

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 6, 2020

“No side effects and this has helped me tremendously! Injection still hurts though, but worth it.”

Learn more about Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps