User Reviews for Dexamethasone to treat Asthma

Also known as: Dexamethasone Intensol, TaperDex, Hemady, Dexabliss Zcort HiDex Dxevo De-Sone LA ZoDex

Dexamethasone has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Asthma. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Dexamethasone Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 167 medications used in the treatment of Asthma.

Mother of 3 October 4, 2019

Decadron (dexamethasone): “I was given this med for asthma from a virus that my inhaled steroids weren’t helping with. I was given a one time dose of 10mg and though it worked for my breathing, the rest of my body is a mess. I have had severe elevated heart rate, high blood pressure, headache, rigor shakes, muscle spasms in the arms and legs, faintness, cold sweats, increased urination, severe exhaustion, muscle weakness, heart burn, increased anxiety, cloudy headedness, nausea, and an intolerance for anything physical beyond just walking. I am a fit 42 year old woman with no other health issues and this has been blowing my mind that I could get this sick. I did go to the ED and I was told that it can cause these symptoms. The worst part is that because it’s long acting it can take a week from your last dose for it to be cleared out. So I was told to rest and drink fluids until time passes. The good news is, I can breath. The bad news is, it has been a nightmare for the rest of my body.”

Lo May 10, 2020

“I was in Mexico last year and developed a severe upper respiratory infection, never felt sicker in my life. Doc came to hotel, prescribed antibiotics and said "you can feel better in 7 days or I can give you a shot and you will feel better in 30 minutes". The shot was dexamethasone (don't know the dose) and my partner who is a doctor, told me it was ok (along with first shot of antibiotic and continued oral antibiotics for 7 days). I took the shot and in exactly 30 minutes I felt fantastic, I couldn't believe it. Next day was great as well. I did have a bit of a jittery come down a couple of days later but the worst of my original symptoms were already much better and I was well on road to recovery. Overall it was a very helpful one-time shot that got me through.”

Jamie · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2021

Decadron (dexamethasone): “Went to the ER for chest pressure and shortness of breath. Got an injection of decadron and never again will I! Right after injection I instantly had a severe panic attack, its been 2 days since I got the injection & I've only slept 7 hours within 48 hours, it has caused me severe insomnia and my heart rate goes sky high. Chest pressure still hasn't subsided, which may be due to high anxiety from this medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2013

Decadron (dexamethasone): “Used periodically when other meds aren't giving relief. Makes breathing problems clear, relieves allergic sinus congestion and skin allergy issues dissipate.”

Yousif hazar · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 20, 2020

“Effective in treatment asthma”