User Reviews for Dexamethasone systemic

Also known as: Adrenocot, Adrenocot LA, Baycadron, Dalalone, Dalalone DP, Dalalone LA, De-Sone LA, Decadron, Decadron Phosphate, Injectable, Decadron-LA, Decaject, Decaject LA, Dexacen-4, Dexacort Phosphate in Respihaler, Dexacort-LA, Dexacorten, Dexamethasone Intensol, Dexasone, Dexasone LA, Dexone, Dexone LA, Dexpak Taperpak, Hexadrol, LoCort, Medidex, Medidex LA, Primethasone, Solurex, Solurex LA, TaperDex, Zema Pak, ZoDex, Zonacort …show all brand names

Dexamethasone Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Dexamethasone to treat Inflammatory Conditions

"I just received a 10mg injection of this at the E.R. for a really bad sinus infection, laryngitis and an upper respiratory infection that I have had for over a month. The shot itself was extremely painful. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain, but this hurt for hours to the point where I couldn't sit down. The side effects began to kick in within an hour. I went from feeling calm and relaxed to feeling EXTREMELY anxious (No, I do not battle anxiety or depression). I felt jittery, I kept dropping things, and began crying from feeling so overwhelmed (not like me). I know it was this injection. My heart began racing very, very fast!! I don't think I will take this again."

pilarp2018 (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2018

"2x in a year I've had acute sinus infections, 1st was a blocked sinus pathway due to inflammation & was given 2 z-packs a month apart & got worse with secondary bronchitis. The third month was given 10 mg dexamethasone muscular injection & I began feeling better within 30 min. I was normal for about 5 months. 2nd had inflammation in my tear ducts & had allergic conjunctivitis that doesn't manifest the same as viral or bacterial. After a month of my eyes tearing without a cause, it turned to sore throat because I didn't know I had pink eye. I was then treated with a z-pack & bacterial drops for eyes. Eyes, nose, throat & breathing became worse the next few days. On the third day I went back & was prescribed eye drops for inflammation, & 10 mg IM dexamethasone. Within an hour I was feeling so much better, & now my eyes have gone from pink, to moderately blood shot, to mild to moderate blood shot eyes, sore throat gone, & a slight cough without fire in my throat."

Berta (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

"I have familial hemiplegic migraine and my body did not respond well to any other drug then I used this dexamethasone and it worked like a miracle. For 4 months I did not get any headaches"

Ankit (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

"Terrible side effects told doc I refuse to take this seems doctors are pushing steroids over opiates to control people with legit pain. I have pain from brain tumor surgery. I smell a bug with pharma and gov involved here. I may have to change doctor if no change in my treatment is reached."

J (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2018

"Inflammation caused by using antibiotics. But have the side effects of weight increase and moon face."

Anonymous February 4, 2018

"There was consistent fever, weakness and lack of appetite after the Liver HCC post TACE procedure. This drug helped in overcoming all these problems and increased the diet intake which also helped in increasing weight. Initial dosage was 2mg gradually reducing to 1mg. After a month when I reduced the dosage to 0.5 mg, fever and weakness returned and appetite also reduced slightly...therefore was again forced to go back to 1mg daily dosage which brought back some normality."

Harish Murghai (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2018

"Every time my migraines get bad enough that I end up at the ER or my back is aching from a fall (3 back surgeries), the doctors end up giving me an IV shot of this. It does work with the cocktail of meds to help calm my migraine but when it is first pushed into the IV please warn the nurse to dilute it and push it VERY SLOW as it makes your body feel like it is literally tingling on FIRE, especially your private parts. My friends call it the "crotch burner"."

kivuvu83 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 10, 2017

Decadron (dexamethasone): "I have MS and bad back some times I had save this for a time that the doctor wasn't helping out enough. My left leg started to hurt from butt to my angle . Was taking hydrocodacetam. Eating 3 at a time ,wasn't doing enough . Started taking decadron pain level drop a lot but you need to make sure that your eating food with them . Had no side affects! Wish I had more ! Going to ask Doctor ."

Ms kid May 1, 2017

"My IVF doctor prescribed this to me prior to supposedly help with the embryo transfer. I started having painful sensation and redness in a few days, went to ER, they called it mild induration that progressed to cellulitis (now a bump in belly button). On bed rest for almost 3 weeks now, excruciating pain. I missed my scheduled transfer because of this. Currently taking clindamycin to clear infection."

Sis Kim April 26, 2017

"Took one shot for a lung infection I received while doing some swimming. Fixed the lung infection but the side effects of this drug are very harsh so be prepared. I'm 25 do triathlons and swim regularly. Deal with a normal amount of stress and anxiety but have never had serious problems with it. Resting heart Rate is about 50 normally. After the shot resting heart rate was easily high 60's and low 70's. Extremely agitated and irritable. Very bad insomnia. Anxiety was out the roof and again I've never had problems with anxiety before. Chest pain mixed in with the increased anxiety that most likely made the chest pain felt worse but still it was a problem. This lasted for about a week as well. It's a serious drug."

;aslkdjf;alkjsdf;lakj April 20, 2017

"I had spinal stenosis . Severe nerve pain stemming from neck , pain killers do not work on this sort of thing . I went from severe pain to normal within an hour. 4 mg daily for a week . After my prescription ran out that last week , the pain returned and I couldn't get the doctor to give me more , so I had surgery in PA . They were amazing ! They fixed my spine , however , the pain was off the charts after and I didn't understand why I had to fight to get this amazing drug! Over the weekend I had to be rushed to the hospital due to severe pain from my surgery and swelling. I begged for this medicine . Gave me a shot , relief ! Ahhh I love this drug. It's works like no other"

Debra cake February 1, 2017

Adrenocot LA (dexamethasone): "I was given Dexametasone for my cluster headaches. My Dr injects it with lidocaine in the back of my head. It did take away my headaches for 3 months. I immediately knew when it wore off because I received one of the worst headaches. I had forgot what it felt like to get a a headache. I just received more injections for the 2nd time. He gives me about 5 injections on each side of my head at once. I have gained weight and have a swollen face sometimes."

PriscillaL (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2016

Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone): "Today, I had to refer my aged mother, 85 for her inflamation on the bruise site on the forehead due to fall down, a couple of days ago. I referred her to my family doctor who admistered Dexamethasone Injection IP 2 ml. Within 5minutes she developed breathing heaviness, and she gasped for breath, and was about to be swooned. Fortunately, as the doctor swung into action and administerd her Deriflin inj, and after four hours she returned to normal. This is a worst and risky medicine if I have to say something on this. 24.Nov.2016"

KAVERI. S November 24, 2016

"It keeps awake and hungry"

Melanie 223 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2016

"I've started on this medication yesterday for a pinched nerve down from my back to my leg and I am feeling much better already but I am now having bad headaches almost feeling like a migraine"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2016

Decadron (dexamethasone): "Never take this drug. I am a healthy individual that had a bad experience with this drug. I Received one shot because I had the flu. 1 week later I had burning pains running all through my body. They gave me a shot in my butt and its still sore 2 sweeks later. I had trouble sleeping, couldn't breath at night and thought I was going crazy. My resting heart rate went from 49-58 beats a minute. I don't know what this drug does to the body but its not good. You have mood swings from anger, confusion, weakness, coordination etc..... Please ask the doctor what they are giving you before they inject you. It could do more harm than good later."

Jason Jones (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

"I have CIDP - currently taking dexamethasone 40mg (yes forty mg) daily over 4 consecutive days of the month. Side effects are horrendous tho thankfully my condition is improving. Insomnia, weight gain, swollen legs and feet, blurred vision, agitation, increased appetite and flushed face are the most debilitating but only last for 6 days after finishing last dose. Treatment plan is 6 months, I am on my fourth dose and as the months go on, the side effects are getting worse. Would I accept this treatment again.....probably not, but it does help my condition."

Wendywoo 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2016

Decadron (dexamethasone): "I have degenerative discs. I was given injections of Decadron near the area. Within a week I almost went crazy!! Felt like I was running for my life all the time. The doctors have no clue what this does to your brain, nor how to reverse its affects. Do not take this."

jb-1983 November 23, 2015

Decadron (dexamethasone): "I was given this for a migraine, via iv . Instantly starting between my legs and moving out through my body I felt like my entire body was set on fire. I had difficulty breathing and was screaming and sobbing. Needless to say none of which helped the severe migraine that had landed me in the Er. Two days later my vaginal tissue still feels inflamed. I won't be taking this one again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2015

Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone): "taking wean down dosage over six days after being treated for Quincy abscess of a tonsil. The drug relieved the pain so that I was able to talk and swallow again within 8 hours of injection IV. Out of the hospital by a day on the wean down pills I notice former inflammation of bursitis of hip,knee and golfers elbow are being relieved also. The only adverse side effect I now notice is near insomnia but I feel so well again and energetic. 3 days on the drug now and will end by taper down in 4 more days. 1.5mg pills at first two at a time twice per day."

billysim47 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

"I had a double dose at urgent care for allergy sinus issues. I started feeling better but I also started sweating and had severe leg cramps that night."

Art4fun March 19, 2015

Decadron (dexamethasone): "I was also given this through I.V. and started freaking out as well. I got really cold and my muscles contracted involuntarily and my teeth started chattering and grinding. My vision got dark around the edges and I could only see out of pinhole shaped . (Like looking through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars. I woke up several hours later wrapped in heatead blankets."

patient5 March 18, 2015

"Lots of pain in my foot due to inflammation causing pinched nerves. Took 3 shots and improved but problems were not completely gone. Was given dexamethasone. Hasn't helped my foot at all. But I started feeling bad after a day or two but I didn't think about this med causing the problem. Every day I have been feeling worse. Irritable, Agitated, Heart pounding, feeling like I am coming out of my skin, headaches increasing daily, vision a little blurry now and then. Stopping this drug. Side effects are amplifying each day."

M'boro Beeman (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

Decadron (dexamethasone): "I have disc issues. When the inflammation around these discs starts to put pressure on the nerves going to my feet and legs. A shot of this stuff is like gold. It looses it effect the longer you use it so save this as a last resort."

Wesandmichelle March 6, 2015

"Amazed! Went to the doctor with a extremely sore inflamed throat to the point at times I was hardly getting air without a coughing fit was not getting much sleep. Hardly any voice, very painful to talk extreme red almost blotchy throat, felt like breathing through a straw. Swollen lymph nodes face/neck/&throat and fluid behind my ears, high fever ect. Strep tested negative. Doctor prescribed 10MG, so it was 2 and a half pills that I took all at once only once. Within 4.5 hours my throat was opening up and my voice was getting better by the second, I could breathe properly and talk again. Never has anything I've taken worked that dramatically that fast. No side major effects, still have a bit of a cough but I can deal with that!"

Becca3 March 1, 2015