User Reviews for Celecoxib to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Also known as: Celebrex, Elyxyb

Celecoxib has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 27 ratings for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 70% of those users who reviewed Celecoxib reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Celecoxib Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 307 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Celecoxib

abdulhadi · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 2, 2021

“please every body try my regime for rheumatoid arthritis. I have told other people with rheumatoid arthritis and it works great. 1-take reishi mushroom red one powder 2-3gm and half prednisolone tablet 5mg (try not to take 1 tablet because it will raise blood sugar with time) take it before sleep with half cup water only) 2.take celebrix 200mg capsule once day This regmine works great for me and other rheumatoid arthritis patients.....hope for you all good health”

jean · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2021

“I have been taking Celebrex for 4 months now, at first it worked, now I have stiffness at night in my knee, sure I change to something else or keep taking them”

Lpetty4099 · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I just started Celecoxib generic for Celebrex at a dose of 200mgs a day. I haven’t noticed any difference on my pain which is still very intense. The dr said it could take up to two weeks to really work. I’m going to stick with going it will work. Also I haven’t had any side effects. But as much pain I am in I’m willing to risk the bad with the good”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 4, 2013

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I was given Celebrex for arthritis in my knee. After taking it for about two weeks I started to notice not only was my knee better and I was able to resume all of my normal activities with no pain but my foot that I had been suffering from planter fasciitis for two and a half years was finally not hurting. I had been through every treatment and three different foot doctors with no relief at all. Celebrex is by far the best medicine I have taken it has given me back my life in more ways then one.”

Hele · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Celebrex has been wonderful for me--I never thought I would be able to regain mobility as well as I have. I haven't experienced any side effects at all. It took weeks to work, but I couldn't be more pleased with it now. I've noticed on some of the comments here that it worked immediately for some people, but it's not always like that, so be patient and give it time--hope this helps!”

Girl in pain July 9, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Miserable RA flare after my mothers passing ! I went to the dr offerd methotrexate I refused I'm 37 no children ! I was in tears until Celebrex immediately I was up on my feet ! Thank you God ! I have my life back !”

Kelly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 21, 2018

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I have RA, DDD (Degenerative disc disease), and osteoarthritis. This medicine helps me so much. I like to take walks 2 to 3 miles a day. But if I don't take Celebrex at least twice a week, I am in so much pain. My feet and back the most. I try not to use it so much because of the side effects scare me. I do think it causes weight gain too. Or its just my age (54) . Celebrex seems to work better than methotrexate. But I will continue Methotrexate to help reduce joint damage later in life.”

Lanky mom · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 20, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Am in my 60s but have had arthritis since early 40s. Arthritis is both osteo and rheumatoid. I only take Celebrex when it's really painful especially in my hands. Celebrex starts easing the pain immediately and within 6 hrs I feel like I'm 21 yrs old again! It is a miracle medicine for me! !!”

LLuck December 14, 2009

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I'm 17 years old and last year I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I was switched to 200mg of Celebrex three months ago instead of taking 20mg of prednisone a day. And all I can say is that Celebrex has made my life almost normal again. I can go back to school and hang out normally with my friends again. Even if it might only be short term, Celebrex has saved my life.”

Bettybean · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2019

Celebrex (celecoxib): “This medication Celebrex is helping to reduce inflammation and pain. Do I still have pain yes. I started with 200mg I just started taking 400mg. The 200 was helping but not enough, I'll know by the end of this week if the increased dosage of Celebrex (generic) has helped”

Zedogguy June 21, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Works fantastic, a wonder drug...except for a flushed face for about twenty minutes. I had excruciating hip pain, nothing worked except Tylenol and Motrin in huge doses. One 200 mg dose of celebrex reduced 90% of my pain and allowed greater range of motion. I'm truly amazed. I have been using this two days. 50 yrs old and had a very physical life, this seems to be my path back to full physical activity.”

32yrold woman January 21, 2011

Celebrex (celecoxib): “About a year ago I started having symptoms of RA (seronegative). I started on prednisone 20mg which helped somewhat but I was having flare ups in the ankles and hands. Finally got switched to Celebrex because the pain and swelling were not going away. 200mg daily - all I can say is it's been like night and day since I started taking it - less pain, less swelling, better days!”

Matt in NC March 14, 2011

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Have been on Celebrex for a year. Initially for TMJ issues, then picked up mild-to-moderate rheumatoid arthritis last summer. Been on it continuously except for a couple month long steroid regimens. I wouldn't call it a miracle medicine, but it knocks my inflammation and pain back about 60%. Certainly not as effective as the steroid, but 60% is enough to keep me fully functional and unlike the steroid, I have minimal to zero side effects with it.”

smoore002 April 7, 2008

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I have had chronic pain and tried many medicines including narcotics to help. Celebrex has helped me so much. I am able to do so many things that I couldn't before. My doctor has me taking it with Tylenol w/Codeine #3 and Carisoprodol.”

bull-dozzy November 20, 2008

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Celebrex has helped me now for over 5 years. I have Arthritis in one old disc injury and pain in the next one. I have tried nearly all of them and nothing worked as well as this. Just don`t know how long to continue but I am only 49. I take 400 per day. ”

LOrina January 27, 2010

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I knew that I had an arthritis since I started College. Since then I'm suffering from it after my doctor told me to take this medicine. Thanks to Celebrex my suffering has ended. This medicine is great!”

ktl682 September 23, 2010

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I've been taking it for 2 months, 200 mg daily. The first 2 weeks were great, all pain was gone. The pain gradually came back and I had so many flare ups even when I was taking it. My doctor just gave me Prednisone 20 mg daily to combine with Celebrex. I started yesterday and most of the pain has gone, however, my doctor advised not to take Prednisone for more than one week in order to prevent having the serious side effects, such as bone problems.”

zig840 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2016

“52 y/o male; I have dealt with joint pain 15 yrs. I dismissed as aging. Hands & knees really bad, & feet. Complained to Dr. over yrs. only to be dismissed. Last 3 yrs pain increased after walking, yard work. Get out of bed, hobble 5 min. before can walk. Have sporadic scalp psoriasis 20 yrs. Thanks to TV comm. by pro golfer Phil Mickelson, life's changed. I realized/suggested to Dr. I may have Psoriatic Arthritis. He agreed. Started me on Celebrex, 200mg x2. On for 1 mo now. Fixed all fore mentioned issues! Unbelievable! I've hauled 20 wheelbarrows of dirt from neighbors yard to mine, from across street! Couldn't have done a mo. ago. Worried its a black box drug through! No side effects, but maybe stomach (feeling bloated/funny).Will tapper off to 1xday”

Kiki · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

“My Dr ordered this medication for my Rheumatoid Arthritis in my back and my hands. For the pain it's really helping me but my heart is beating too much for few min and it's gone, it's on and off followed cough also dizziness and headache. I stop taking this medicine after 4 days of taking 200mg/day. After I talked to my doctor because of the said effect.”

Midnitestich · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2016

“The only thing the TEVA 200 mg brand of celecoxib did was make me sick. The medicine gave me diarrhea, heartburn to the point of reflux after 3 months of taking it & increased swelling & joint pain. I was relieved to be put on a different generic celecoxib, my joints improved & so did my stomach.”

Anonymous June 28, 2012

Celebrex (celecoxib): “After a year of back pain this is a miracle, except for indigestion and gastric discomfort after a week of use. I take medicine to minimize the indigestion.”

RealBigSwede · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 17, 2017

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I have been using it for years and I now have no insurance can't even afford the generics. I now using aleve it works for awhile but nothing like Celebrex. I missing my Celebrex.”

Sugiyahartati · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 31, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib): “I already used Celebrex for several years if I have pains.”

jerry January 14, 2020

Celebrex (celecoxib): “dosen't seem to help”

CodeSmoker September 17, 2009

Celebrex (celecoxib): “So far, so good.”

Billgotill July 9, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib): “Does not work at all”

Sharon A April 19, 2010

“This medication has worked great for me in the past, then my insurance did not want to pay for it. My experience with Celebrex had me pain free.”

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis