User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine to treat ADHD

Also known as: Vyvanse

Lisdexamfetamine Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Kenj July 21, 2020

“I'm a 21 year old female and was just diagnosed with Adult ADHD inattentive type. Looking back, I have had it my entire life. The diagnosis was truly a relief. Now, comes finding the right medication. Insurance wouldn't approve Vyvanse unless I tried another stimulant first. So, I tried Adderall IR.I was excited to try Vyvanse and even paid the 260$ for it hoping it would be worth it. I have been taking it for a few days now and it feels nothing like Adderall. I expected it to help me in the same way that Adderall did, but just for a smoother, longer time period and without the side effects. I feel really out of it, fuzzy, and noticeably fatigued especially the first few hours after I take it. I am more distracted than focused, have a much harder time comprehending things and gathering my thoughts, loss of appetite, nausea..It also makes me feel kind of numb, and empty. and much more irritable at times.Overall, I do not enjoy the experience of it.”

Jared · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 12, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I have ADHD, Bipolar Depression, Opioid Side Effects. First do not pay attention to negative reviews about Vyvanse on here. I will tell you now that I would not be able to function without Vyvanse 70 mg QAM being on board. It gives me smooth sustained focus, a mental state of peace, relief from depression, potentiation of opioid narcotics (thus needing less opioids overall), drive, ability to sit still, work a great job, having meaningful conversations, have good relationships, take part in everyday life, workout and even sleep well. It does take a while to kick in so I wake up in the morning like 2 hours before I need to then take the med and go back to sleep. When I wake up the drug is active and working. With Vyvanse I get 10-14 hours of relief and at the end of the day there is a gentle come down that doesn’t leave me an anxious wreck. In fact Vyvanse helps with anxiety profoundly, far better than benzodiazepines which sounds crazy but many people report the same thing.”

Tommy June 10, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I've had issues trying to retain information and understanding test questions and there were days where I felt very tired and depressed to were I couldn't wake up though after forcing myself to get out of bed. I would notice my depression would get worse which made my attention span shorter but after several years I decided to enter nursing school and right off the bat my fundamentals teacher told me that I was struggling to pay attention and that I seemed tired and so she advised me to go see a different psychiatrist. I did take her advice and I went to a different psychiatrist and he believed I had borderline ADD non-hyperactive which he prescribed me Vyvanse and after 3 months of adjusting I experienced the willingness to participate in more conversations and wanting to engage in certain school activities which made me more happy and energized. ”

Anonymous June 6, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I'm already a thin male. I'm normally 6'1 and about 145. Always been a really thin guy, "Bean pole" is what I get a lot or "dip stick" lol. Now it's gotten even worse with vyvanse. In about 3 weeks I've lost about 10 pounds. I'm currently 135lb and still dropping. I don't eat nearly enough and work really hard plus golf a lot in the heat. I don't necessarily feel sick I just have zero desire to ever eat. Eating seems like a task and a chore now rather then a treat and something I enjoy. It's the ONLY negative with this medication for me. I'm going to start a weight gain shake and begin counting calories to see if that helps me go back to my normal weight.”

Mcpherson01 June 1, 2020

“I'm a 6'2 100kg male. Vyvanse is the best ADHD medication avaliable in Australia by light years. I have taken every other alternative including strattera and all the methylphenidates and Dex compounds at the highest dosages. Most of which I found either indistinguishable from placebo or only lasting 1-2 hours before a crash (leading to an existential nightmare of constant pill popping and mood fluctuations). It does not reduce my appetite at all, I have managed to unintentionally gain weight on it, it does not cause any sickness nervousness or irritability that can't otherwise be explained by caffeine or the environment. I get around 12 good hours more or less out of it daily and sleep like a baby. I have taken it for over 2 years. Some days I have taken my full 120mg and comfortably slept through the afternoon. No regrets.”

john · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “The first time I took a 30mg dose of Vyvanese I felt really good in the morning but in the afternoon I got really sick and vomited 7 times. I took a week off from taking it and took 15mg the next time. At 15mg, I didn’t feel any better mentally but no side effects other than loss of appetite. Eventually, I moved up to 50mg a day and it is has been very helpful for my depression, especially in the morning. I feel a lot more hopeful, motivated and focused when I take the vyvanse, it really helps me at work.”

JustSomeGuyInLife March 5, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “A total life changer! I have become much happier and much more motivated in life. I have always had trouble paying attention, would drift off, daydream, get stuck in my head. My grades in high school weren't bad, but they definitely could have been better if I didn't procrastinate and be lazy all of the time and keep putting things off. Because of this, I suffered depression and lack of self esteem because I thought others were better or smarter than me. That being said, there is anxiety when the drug wears off and unfortunately, the effects of the drug itself don't last long for me, I'd say about 4 hours max. So I always have my days planned out in order to maximize my productivity. But I am in a much better place in my life now. 21 years old in CC planning to transfer soon and much more motivated and driven. One more thing. This medication is not for everyone. You may not have the experience with it that I or others did. Find which med works for you.”

Jean · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I am in my thirties and Vyvanse was my first drug I tried for ADHD. At 20 mg it was great for my symptoms but only until about noon. Over a couple weeks I went to 30 mg and 40 mg. It was less helpful as I stepped up the dose and I started getting terrible headaches in the evening. I will be trying something else.”

Randomperson · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I take Vyvanse for ADHD AND Binge Eating Disorder. I began taking 50 mg Vyvanse August 2016, and currently take the same amount. Over a span of about 2 years I lost 70 pounds and got into the best shape of my life. I had great eating habits. I was sociable and doing great. I got everything done in a timely manner. All the sudden, it stopped working 2.5 years after I started taking it. I gained over 30 lbs in about 3.5 months. All my hard work just disappeared. I don’t know what happened, but it is devastating: I am so tired all the time, have no drive to do anything, binge eat everyday, I’m angry and irritable. It’s been like this for months. I’m a shell of myself. I suggest it for short term use but not long term. If anyone else experienced this I’d love to hear about it.”

Cangirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 9, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “This drug ruins lives. It causes moodiness, angry outbursts, and paranoia. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the beast, the individuals don't see themselves as moody, unhappy, or angry. Despite the claims, it is not non-addictive and it does cause addiction in some individuals. I've seen it in kids and adults. If you are using it for your kids, I don't judge you (because medication can be life changing and necessary for functioning), just monitor emotional/social side effects. I hope it works well for some people, but I've seen it cause so much turmoil.”

Mamabear · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I’ve been on vyvanse for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I was on adderall on and off for about 8 years and I hated taking it. It helped immensely with my ADHD, but not without side effects. I also had to take about 3 increasing doses a day to keep the effect going. I switched to 70 mg of Vyvanse once a day and it lasts all day long. The side effects are very minimal and it doesn’t affect my appetite or social skills. There is no high and no crash. Adderall made me very aware that I was on medication, whereas Vyvanse is much less intense and has a very smooth feeling.”

T2T · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 3, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “Both my daughter and I take Vyvanse for ADD/ADHD. It has helped us significantly. My daughter initially tried Biphentin but it did not help her symptoms and caused her not to eat or sleep. With Vyvanse there is a dramatic improvement of her symptoms and less side effects. It just suppresses her appetite. We take her off occasionally to help her appetite and have also tried a short acting formulation that she takes after breakfast and again after lunch so her appetite isn’t as effected. I experience very good results on Vyvanse as well (and don’t mind curbing my appetite slightly).”

Roscoe February 1, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “My (unprofessional) advice is to take positive reviews from people who have taken this drug for a short time with a very large grain of salt. Vyvanse is basically a legal amphetamine and the body takes time to react to it and eventually builds tolerance to it. The "Vyvyanse Crash" is real, in my experience, as many others have observed. This often leads to patients continually upping their dosages. As for ADD and ADHD, it is interesting that both have become epidemics in the U.S., but not in Europe. I believe this is because in the US of the massive profitability pharmaceutical experience in developing new drugs for every affliction. That is just my opinion. Regular exercise and diet are natural ways to address depression, ADD, ADHD and other conditions. Common sense, but the pharma companies can't profit from it. Everyone's physiology is different, so give Vyvance a try. I hope it helps you.”

Wiz · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “Only just started after 4 months off all ADHD drugs. After a week of being on the Vyvanse 30 mg with not to much to write home about I up it to 60 mg and I have felt that I am a lot less sociable than I usually am. Has a smoother take off and landing but not as affective as dexies. I think if they could somehow combine the two drugs as one I would have the perfect prescription.”

Vanna · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 22, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “My 9 ur old is doing awesome on this. He only takes 20 mg For 7 months now and it does just enough to get him through school . No change in his outgoing sweet kind personality!!! He had stomach pain the first week he said it wasn’t bad -and that’s it !! It’s helped him so much!”

Anna · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

“I have tried this twice, the first time I was on it I was loosing 1.5 kg a week, my heart rate and blood pressure was dangerously high they had no choice but to take me off. Every day I took it I’d feel out off it, we’d tried every medicine for ADHD so we decided to try it again and it just did the same constant pound chest, dizziness and stupidly high obs”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I get less irritated and get more stuff done while using Vyvanse, also I am less impulsive and happier.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2020

“lisdexamfetamine completely changed my life. Prior to taking this, I was always frustrated as a knew I was smart but felt it was pointless being smart as it was impossible to properly apply myself consistently and achieve. After taking the medication immediately I found my focus completely changed, I am now able to consistently and accurately focus on tasks, it has completely unlocked the potential I knew I have always had. One Side effect is dry mouth which isn't so dry it's irritable or even very noticeable, however, the slight lack of moisture has the effect of causing bad breath. Another side effect is a reduction in patience, hence slight increase in anger, things seem more irritable however this is something you can easily control if you are aware of it. Last side effect is a great reduction in appetite, however this is not a major problem as I just eat food anyway. Overall extremely positive in the treatment of ADHD, but I know others who found it less positive.”

BhamJoel · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “It works but nowhere near the 10–12 hours advertised. I get 5 hours out of my Vyvanse dose. And an hour of that is waiting for it to kick in. I’ve read an enzyme in your body has to convert this medicine into its active form and if you have too much of this enzyme or if you’re a “fast metabolizer” then one could have my experience. I’m switching to Dexedrine Spansules 2-3 times a day as I’m a Realtor and need full-day coverage.”

Nomorestimulants January 12, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I was on Adderall for about 10 years. Then doctor switched me to Vyvanse because the side effects were apparently less. Spent roughly 7 years on Vyvanse. The med works in the matter because it's a stimulant, but the side effects make your life much worse. I began isolating, and began experiencing bi polar behaviors. I would drink alcohol to the point where I passed out because I couldn't sleep otherwise, and eventually became an opiate addict because it would actually take the edge off. I know that is not probably a very common result but it is not unheard of. I felt like I was not in control of myself. Heart rate and blood pressure goes up, weight goes down. Do not put children on this medicine. Finally I stopped all ADHD meds when I got clean, and actually learned how to USE MY ADHD TO MY ADVANTAGE. I have a daughter. I am sure someone will want to diagnose her as ADHD at some point but I will never ever let my children be put on stimulants.”

Lee · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

“I did not find that this medication helped my combined/mixed ADHD symptoms. The main symptom was (a) headache and (b) it kept me awake for over 15 hours, causing insomnia (meaning that I could not sleep at bedtime). This threw off my sleep cycle. :(”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more January 10, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I have been taking adderal as well as vyvanse on and off since I was in middle school, I'm 23 now. It seems to me that when I first started taking it it made me feel like a zombie but I would focus and work then I stopped and now I have been taking vyvanse as you can tell for a decent amount of time now. I started with 10mg then 20mg etc. Now I'm at 60mg and it seems to finally worked. I am focusing and just doing everything right now lol”

wezztitys · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I just started on 50 mg only took it 4 times in a week and a half , starts working in 40 minutes, recommend having breakfast with it cause you lose your metabolism though out the day , I felt amazing didn't feel like annoying anyone, I behaved and concentrated, but my side affects were that I got up from bed got lightheaded and nearly fainted. My heart was beating so fast at random times and my breathing increased. 2 nights ago I thought I was going it was the end of my life as my heart was beating so fast I could see it beating and I was a bit of out of breath.”

A · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 8, 2020

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “My son was prescribed this for ADHD. He is 15 and hasn't been on any other medications his whole life. He was just having trouble focusing in school he told me and though it would be a good idea. He is a very intelligent young man. When he came to me with his issue we went and saw the doctor right away. Like so many stories I have heard he started out okay, then the chest pains, irritability etc. I thought he was just making excuses about going to school. Then I saw him try to put his shoes on one day. Like he was in slow motion. He then developed a tic. We stopped the meds right away. Doctor says it could've been anything that caused it! Family genetics even!! They say he can get prescribed something for the tics. Great! What will happen then??”

Sj · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 22, 2019

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “It works well, some of the reviews on here are just strange. One of them being someone was taking this for depression and they complained it didn't work? Well I wonder why their Doctor prescribed it to them as it is for ADHD and BED. But all in all, if you follow the regime correctly you're going to be fine.”