User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Lisdexamfetamine Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 54 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine to treat ADHD

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "baby4 do you think you maybe clenching your jaw throughout the day? I have trouble with that. My dentist recommended a certain type of mouthguard (not the kind used for sports) but I never tried it..."

Jnice21 September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I have been taking Vyvanse for 4 years now and I have been on the same dose of 30mg for severe ADHD. A lot of people have trouble staying on the same dose and need to increase because they get used to the drug. Just a tip: take as needed and when you feel the effects wearing off? Drink a one-shot espresso drink NOT an energy drink. Overall, if you are looking for a good ADHD medication I would recommend either Focalin OR Vyvanse. Best of luck!"

kayyyyyyy September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "WARNING: Majority of the positive reviews for this drug are from people that are new to Vyvanse and problem is that this drug works wonders at start but benefits quickly starts to diminish and side effects start to get worse. I took vyvanse for two years and at first it worked great for ADD. However after taking it consistently for few months I started experiencing anxiety, depression, aggressiveness, anti social behavior, insomnia and isolation... things I never experienced before in my life. The drug is also very addictive because if you stop you feel 100x worse then before you started taking it but the longer you take it the higher dosage you need to get same effect. Eventually it stops working and you just need it to get out of bed."

Truth2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "My son is ten yrs old, has been taking Vyvanse for about one month. He has developed a dry constant cough. It work great for his ADHD but this cough is annoying constant and can't seem to stop it . "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "A client who is a psychiatrist recommended that I go in for testing. After 3 days of tests & my history the Dr. concluded I have suffered from ADHD most of my life & I've developed coping mechanisms to get me through but the untreated issue was contributing to my depression & social anxiety. Vyvanse is the most amazing thing to happen to my life, I feel normal for the first time ever! I'm productive, healthy, focused, active, and social. I had to stop taking it for a 1yr due to insurance issues & during that time I gained an unhealthy amount of weight, was depressed, binge eating, and completely lost. Since back on it, I've realized that it's not something I should be removed from my lifestyle if I want to remain happy and healthy."

angelica_doll August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "This medication definitely has its pros and cons. And being a prescribed patient to adderall/vyvance on and off for over 10 years, my strongest advice would be to take it AS NEEDED. After about 6 months I noticed horrible effects from this medication. Insecurity, anti social, over analyzing EVERYTHING. I found that I was worse than I was on my own without the medication. I got weird and felt almost an out of body experience, but before the 6 month period I felt great."

lauren8208 August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I have been taking Vyvanse on and off for a little over 2 years. I am currently taking 70mg. It really helps me focus and multi-task at work. It also has helped with my anxiety and I am able to tackle things that normally I would try to stay away from doing because of my anxiety. I usually take it during the weekdays and not take it on the weekends because I can go 10 to 12 hours without eating and barely having anything to drink because my appetite is not there. I've lost 95 pounds since taking Vyvanse. It also has made my libido go through the roof. There's an upside and downside to the medication. Overall, it has helped more than it has hurt but there are negatives and positives."

TiredofAdulting (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I developed severe shoulder pain in both shoulders after about 5 days. The doctor assured me it wasn't the Vyvanse. Well after 2 weeks of severe pain I thought I'd do my own google search and found plenty of people complaining about vyvanse causing joint pain. I stopped taking vyvanse as soon as I read these forums where people described their joint pain. After 3 days 80% of the pain was gone and it took about a month before 95% was gone. My left shoulder now 'clicks' and often I wake up and my left shoulder is in a position where it's very painful. I wish the doctor would go over all side effects when then prescribe medication so you know when something starts to happen that it is the medication."

Milwaukee WI Racer (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I am practically out of all options for ADHD medications due to side effects. Vyvanse has proven to be really effective for helping my ADHD. The focus I have is great & allows me to "see" what must be done instead and actually do it! I also have Body Dysmorphia Disorder which has paralyzed me from being able to go out of the house. My providers have been trying to get me to get out of the house for years! Unexpectedly, Vyvanse has practically eliminated my BDD & fear to be outdoors! For example, in any given week I might go outside once, if that. I can barely stand 1 hour of being out. Now with Vyvanse, I have gotten my life back. I didn't try. One day I went outside & just stayed! Now, I'm always outside doing lots of things for hours!"

Dee F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I started taking this drug 6-7 years ago for school and planned to quit when I graduated because it made me anti-social, increase tobacco usage, and want to play video games all night. It was really effecting my personal and social life, plus I hated all of the physical effects (heart rate, cold hands, sweat). However, I enjoyed the high it gives you, and continued taking it after graduating. It helps lock you down at the computer and make boring work less boring. Now, I cannot stop taking it. Every night I lay in bed saying "Ok I have to stop this"., then the next morning I wake up and can't resist taking it. I am going to tell my doctor to cancel my prescription because the cons HEAVILY outweigh the pros."

Johnny 123 July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "For every positive thing this medication claims to solve, it creates multiple negatives. I have been on Vyvanse for over 2yrs now and have just now realized what this med was actually doing to me. I almost lost my wife, and ruined my children. In addition I managed to isolate myself from 85% of my friends as I build up disillusions as to why I cannot trust them. I have added an increased amount of pressure on my spouse, making her feel that it is all on her to keep the house clean. Why does the house have to be clean you ask? Well, when you are taking a higher level of vyvanse and 1 thing, ONE thing is missing... Get ready for RAGE! What kind of Rage you ask? The, Ok, I want to divorce you now rage. God I'm lucky my wife stayed with me."

Mrcoffee3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Take Elvanse (50mg- UK version) in morning for past 2 years. Meds are slow acting, and do not improve motivation or efficiency when working. There is no alternative in the UK- no adderall- so this is the only option. this medication sucks because: 1.) It gives such a great high for the initial 15 minutes to 30 minutes, but it gives such a horrible crash that the negative feeling ruins your day It does not help motivation if anything it causes depression , possibly improves concentration marginally. 2.) I have faced serious and significant weight loss. Being skinny myself, this is of course not a good thing. Currently a 5'11 male, weighing 62kg or about 135 pounds. Am 24 years old. 3.) The medication is addictive."

Dontgetaddictedtothis July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I struggle, with depression, anxiety, ADHD and a lack of focusing. I had an extremely rough upbringing, (with my father dead at 10 then moving around until 13, and from 13 to 18 I lived with my mother who was on drugs and I found her dead. I drank a lot in high school smoked weed and around 19 had a perc addiction. I also dealt with being gay/ bi. I have always taken my medications for anxiety and as a teen I did not like adderal and did not take it. I started taking Vvyanse 3 months ago, I did not realize how good it was working until I realized how focused I was and at work felt fine. I am on 30mg it works great. I do wish sometimes when I am up at 6 it lasts until 2-3 but its not a bad feeling. I would try this medication if you have ADHD"

Steviekidd (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I truly wanted to love Vyvanse. I have struggled with securing a stimulant prescription ever since I was diagnosed with inattentive type ADHD. I've read everything out there on Vyvanse and was so excited when my new doctor prescribed it for me. Also, I'm so used to waiting for drugs to start working (SSRIs mainly) that I kept waiting to write this review. What it's come down to is this: I really just don't know if Vyvanse works for me. I haven't noticed any significant changes at all. The things I have noticed are small and very possibly coincidental. I am currently taking 20mg, which I know is a relatively low dose, so I tried taking 40mg one day and felt like I wanted to die (nausea, anxiety, etc)."

orangetoday (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Adderall worked okay on me, but I wanted to try this to see if it worked better and without side effects. I'd heard good things, but for me it did not work out. My anxiety spiked. I noticed my heart rate felt too fast even though I was just sitting there and it was just a very uncomfortable anxious feeling. Even with the dosage high enough to give me this much anxiety, it didn't work very well! I would forget to do things all the time for example. And I see why they use this on binge eating disorder because it made me not want to eat even when I was hungry. At least it kept me awake and slightly more focused than I would be without the medication, but I'm going to explore other options."

ade987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Summary: effective treatment of ADHD, awful if you have anxiety or BED/anorexia This was the first drug I took for ADHD. It was extremely effective. I was able to get all my work done in my classes with time management I had never had before. However, the side effects can be extreme. It made me extremely self conscious. I would apologize after virtually every sentence in a conversation because I was so scared something I did/said would be perceived as rude. I became obsessed with my skin and weight, developed severe dermatillomania and I lost about 35 pounds Vyvanse crash is awful. In the middle of the day as it would wear off I would suddenly become extremely agitated, snapping at people over something as small as the sound of their voice"

Elizzy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Works like a charm!"

Hoodie (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Vyvanse 60mg pros: laser focused, VERY social, upbeat, very confident, if you have ADHD you know what I mean when I say 'the fear' disappears. The fear when you think about your to-do list and the task of organizing and prioritizing and asking yourself whether or not you can do something. The fear of anticipation of that goes away. It's euphoric. cons: VERY dry mouth, I had to get biotene, I am going to scale back to 30mg because 60mg really made me lose some of my inhibitions. I couldn't control what I was saying. I said things to friends I've known for 10 years that I have NEVER said, good + bad. Start with a lower dose. Make sure you don't use this drug for weight loss. It's tempting but it's disturbingly unhealthy and often times fat"

J8J (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "A lot of people seem to get on great. 3-4 hours of intended effects is all I get, during that time I feel more motivated, social and can process information better. After that time I am even worse than I was before starting the meds! Depressed, irritated, withdrawn, empty, angry, really bad. It's like the the 12 hours it's supposed it last, more than half of it is just a really long come down. I will be asking for instant release Dextroamphetamine next time, I assume and hope that they will be just like the initial period of this med which is perfect and helps with all my adhd symptoms."

Wagwan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "My son has ADHD, he was on Concerta which started out working well, but started not working this year. His Neurologist prescribed Vyvanse. He was only one the drug for one month, it was the worse experience every. Not only didn't he sleep, my son developed a Tic and depression. I do not recommend this drug for ADHD, it worsened my sons."

PatFromRI June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I have an appointment in a week to get ADHD and bipolar meds but I was given a sample of a 70mg vyvanse I had previously been trying to do the dishes for about two hours (procrastination) I could feel it kick in after 2 hours and I ended up cleaning every inch of the kitchen. Cleaned the walls cabinets and all the appliances. I was actually interested in cleaning and was able to keep cleaning for 10 hours without getting off track. The effects only lasted about 10 hours and I could tell when it was ending because my cravings for cigarettes started again. I only smoked about 2 cigarettes in that period. I binge eat if I don't smoke regularly so its great for quitting smoking along with focus for ADHD. Will be asking about this one."

Zclaywell (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I've been on Vyvanse for a year. I take 50mg now and I wouldn't say it's a miracle drug, but over the past year I have attended more classes and gotten more consistent grades in university. I definitely have to put in the effort to experience the benefits; it's not motivation/focus-in-a-pill for me! The side effects I've experienced are increased anxiety, dry mouth, increased perfectionism, irritability, and some insomnia. Its impact on my mood varies. At first, my appetite decreased and I had terrible afternoon crashes, but they have levelled out over time. Overall, the pros outweigh the cons for me. I haven't tried anything except for Wellbutrin, which I still take. Not sure how they interact."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Just recently diagnosed with ADHD and specifically asked to start out on vyvance at 30mg/day. I'm 23 years old and had been struggling with severe ADHD my whole life, finally decided to go get it checked and vyvance being my first medication taken for it- it's completely calmed me down as a person. I feel like I have such clear thoughts which made me feel incredible, I finally felt normal. Helped with my hot temper and impatience as well. First week has been successful."

All the way (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Caused my 10 yr old son to develop severe depression, and a facial motor tic which never went away. Now he takes medication for not only ADHD but also depression and tics. Worst drug experience ever!"

Buffalomom22 May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "First off, would like to say that I have and always have had severe ADHD and have been on Adderal XR 30mg since it first came out 15 yrs ago at 30mg. Always had my psych trying to get me to try Vyvanse and turned it down until last week when I realized over the last 2 years my Adderall seemed not to be working and would wear off by 1pm every day and still scattered. Was highly apprehensive at first and started out at 60mg on Vyvanse to begin and likely will be at 70 next Dr visit. Vyvanse has been a true god send for my condition and a miracle drug 4 me. Can think clearly for first time in years and accomplish goals at work and home and much longer lasting- I highly recommend - downside is it takes about 2 hours to fully start working."

Squirrel77 May 26, 2017