User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Also known as: Vyvanse

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lisdexamfetamine.

Lisdexamfetamine Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 55 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine to treat ADHD

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I’ve been taking Vyvanse for three years, and I’m 18. The medication has been incredibly consistent for well over a year at 60 mg. Personally, it doesn’t affect my creativity or mood, but it did during the first couple of months while taking it. However, I started a low dose of Zoloft, and that worked brilliantly alongside Vyvanse until I faltered off a while later, and I don’t need it anymore. I’ve adopted a much more organized and confident version of myself, thanks to the drug. I have no problems sleeping."

honkerley January 9, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I’ve been taking this med since it first came out. I believe it was 2008. But I was diagnosed when I was like 6. Nothing works, Adderall, ritalin, nothing. Either I’m a waking zombie or wired off the walls. No happy medium. Then when I was in high school I tried again, this time with vyvanse. Started at 30s, then 50s, then 60s, and finally 80s. 30- worked well, soon to grow a tolerance and stopped working after a month. 50- same thing, lasted a little longer this time, dry mouth occasionally. About 3 months 60- awesome. My happy medium. Dry mouth of course, drink a lot of water. Carry gum lol, I never lost sleep (results may vary) 80- I was a zombie. Depressed. Not depressed. I didn’t know. Everything was a dream. No one needs this."

25 yr old. (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 1, 2018

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Vyvanse when I first started was great until the 4th week into taking the medication. I am in the marching band, and during one of the performances, I noticed that I started having trouble breathing. I had previous reactions similar to this when taking other medications such as adderal. After the performance I went to tell my coach that something was really wrong. I thought I was going crazy, turns out I had a bad reaction to the medication and It caused me to have a really bad anxiety attack to the point in which I was screaming, and accidentally punched my coach. This medication is not for everyone."

Freaked out teen (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "Just on my first full month of taking 30mg a day of Vyvanse. I only got diagnosed with ADHD at 50. The difference this drug has made to my life is simply unbelievable. My Doctor told me that if I did indeed have ADHD I would notice a difference on the first day of taking Vyvanse and boy he was not kidding! I have a clarity of thought I have never known in my life, not just a focus but an ability to think things out logically and complete task. I start one thing, finish it then turn my attention to the next task. Just remember, work with this drug push yourself a little when needed."

Daveaus December 27, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I recently returned to ADD meds after many years off and was put on 20mg of Vyvanse. It does help me focus very well and makes me kind of fearless professionally and socially. Unfortunately, it really doesn't motivate me which stinks. It also doesn't help much with my creativity - I wouldn't be able to solve a complex problem any easier on Vyvanse. Does work for a LONG time - well over 14 hours - and seriously trashes my sleep quality. I don't take Vyvanse on the weekends to reset my brain. I can eat if I think about it, but I can also go much longer without eating. Vyvanse is very smooth - no big highs or crashes. Pretty decent ADD med."

Fruit Is Evil (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "My son who is 7 has been taking 20mg for over 1.5 yrs. At first it seemed to really help. School work was going great. His teacher could tell a huge difference. But the last 6 month it's going down hill... emotional, headaches, crying over anything even spilled milk literally. Can't sleep. He's totally a changed boy for the bad. And his doctor won't change. I'm thinking his body just got use to the medicine."

Calgirl December 9, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "First off I have to just say that I was on ritalin before I started vyvanse. Ritalin was awesome for about 4 weeks and then did the complete opposite making me depressed, horrible comedowns and downright stopped working. I've started vyvanse 30 mg and this is the third day I have taken it. It has made me really depressed and I've been crying uncontrollably. I don't know if I should keep going and play with my dosage to see a change with dopamine or go on antidepressants. Advice highly appreciated"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I feel like I’m being a little generous by giving Vyvanse a 3 because it does work to some degree, but I have very unpleasant side effects from it. My doctor finally switched me to generic Adderall IR-thank God-and it’s fantastic. I must be abnormal with how I digest Vyvanse or something because I find it far more potent, and not in a good way. It gives me serious dry mouth, diahrrea, anxiety, excessive sweating, and depression. The effect was different almost everyday: some days were okay, a lot were terrible, and a few were good. It muted most of my emotions except a general sense of discomfort. But I could focus when it didn’t make me depressed. On the hand, Adderall IR is a cake walk and I feel great in general."

Mikey89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I was only recently diagnosed with ADHA, in Australia this product is listed at a reduced price (pbs) at $31.00 (aud) sadly if you have been diagnosed over the age of 18 the price of vyvanse sits at $113 being over the age of 18 I have to pay full price, financially un-viable I had to research other products to see which product(‘s) were under the Australian pbs, the only product that is listed under the pbs for people diagnosed over 18 is ‘dexamphetamine’ which I am about to start, if the product was more affordable I would not be changing over"

Over 18 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "My experience with the drug is somewhat unclear to me. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 23, I'm 24 now. In that time I have trialled a series of drugs. Atomoxetine, Methylphenidate and now Vyvanse. Out of the lot, I would say this one has probably been the best. However, as time progressed I felt the effects of the medication deteriorate which is sad and frustrating. It almost feels like it only ups my mood (not tackle symptoms). However, the first time I took it was amazing. My ability to concentrate was unbelieveable! I felt a strong sense of motivation/confidence in what I had produced. Sadly this was limited and the positive effects began to deteriorate as time progressed. I will never forget the first period though, it was liberating"

Zak 2 November 10, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "No problem, never really felt high or speedy. When I didn't take it I was very disorganized and couldn't focus. I find that when it is out of my system after 12 hours I am extremely tired. I take trazone 50 mg. for sleep also really hard to get going in the morning. After the vyvanse kicks in I'm ok at about 8 after taking it at 6am. I do take xanax 1 mg. with it."

bessie nurse November 3, 2017

"Been on Lisdexamphetamine for 1 year for adult ADHD. Reduction if not elimination of most symptoms eg. Forgetfulness, inattention, poor working memory. Makes life much easier. Side effects for me, though mild to moderate at times, are; Generalized anxiety, getting to sleep later ie. 11:30pm and poor appetite at lunchtime. I can deal with the side effects. The medication is a god send. Takes a few months before the full benefits take effect."

Paste2 October 17, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I take vyvanse 30mg for binge eating and ADHD. I started taking it because I noticed that my binge eating was worsening. I am a very active 55yr old woman who works out 4-5 days a week. Weight lifting etc, also my job is physically demanding. I starting taking 50mg 1st for about 6mo. I lost 20lbs I could barely eat. I started to notice I was getting cramps in my legs. All the time I have worked out I never had these issues. So I lowered to 30mg. I am not getting horrible cramps all the time in my joints and arthritis in my hands. I realize that age does play a factor but its my shoulders too, I just ache all over at nighttime. And my eating has cut down but I tend to now just want to eat sugary and high carb foods. Kind of like a druggie."

chrissypoo123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "After taking Vyvanse 50mg for 4 months for adult ADHD, felt on top of the world but instead I became manic and had an episode that my wife is using to divorce me and keep me separated from my daughter. I've not taken it for 2 months now."

4Pren (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "baby4 do you think you maybe clenching your jaw throughout the day? I have trouble with that. My dentist recommended a certain type of mouthguard (not the kind used for sports) but I never tried it..."

Jnice21 September 19, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I have been taking Vyvanse for 4 years now and I have been on the same dose of 30mg for severe ADHD. A lot of people have trouble staying on the same dose and need to increase because they get used to the drug. Just a tip: take as needed and when you feel the effects wearing off? Drink a one-shot espresso drink NOT an energy drink. Overall, if you are looking for a good ADHD medication I would recommend either Focalin OR Vyvanse. Best of luck!"

kayyyyyyy September 5, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "WARNING: Majority of the positive reviews for this drug are from people that are new to Vyvanse and problem is that this drug works wonders at start but benefits quickly starts to diminish and side effects start to get worse. I took vyvanse for two years and at first it worked great for ADD. However after taking it consistently for few months I started experiencing anxiety, depression, aggressiveness, anti social behavior, insomnia and isolation... things I never experienced before in my life. The drug is also very addictive because if you stop you feel 100x worse then before you started taking it but the longer you take it the higher dosage you need to get same effect. Eventually it stops working and you just need it to get out of bed."

Truth2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "My son is ten yrs old, has been taking Vyvanse for about one month. He has developed a dry constant cough. It work great for his ADHD but this cough is annoying constant and can't seem to stop it . "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "A client who is a psychiatrist recommended that I go in for testing. After 3 days of tests & my history the Dr. concluded I have suffered from ADHD most of my life & I've developed coping mechanisms to get me through but the untreated issue was contributing to my depression & social anxiety. Vyvanse is the most amazing thing to happen to my life, I feel normal for the first time ever! I'm productive, healthy, focused, active, and social. I had to stop taking it for a 1yr due to insurance issues & during that time I gained an unhealthy amount of weight, was depressed, binge eating, and completely lost. Since back on it, I've realized that it's not something I should be removed from my lifestyle if I want to remain happy and healthy."

angelica_doll August 23, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "This medication definitely has its pros and cons. And being a prescribed patient to adderall/vyvance on and off for over 10 years, my strongest advice would be to take it AS NEEDED. After about 6 months I noticed horrible effects from this medication. Insecurity, anti social, over analyzing EVERYTHING. I found that I was worse than I was on my own without the medication. I got weird and felt almost an out of body experience, but before the 6 month period I felt great."

lauren8208 August 12, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I have been taking Vyvanse on and off for a little over 2 years. I am currently taking 70mg. It really helps me focus and multi-task at work. It also has helped with my anxiety and I am able to tackle things that normally I would try to stay away from doing because of my anxiety. I usually take it during the weekdays and not take it on the weekends because I can go 10 to 12 hours without eating and barely having anything to drink because my appetite is not there. I've lost 95 pounds since taking Vyvanse. It also has made my libido go through the roof. There's an upside and downside to the medication. Overall, it has helped more than it has hurt but there are negatives and positives."

TiredofAdulting (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 9, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I developed severe shoulder pain in both shoulders after about 5 days. The doctor assured me it wasn't the Vyvanse. Well after 2 weeks of severe pain I thought I'd do my own google search and found plenty of people complaining about vyvanse causing joint pain. I stopped taking vyvanse as soon as I read these forums where people described their joint pain. After 3 days 80% of the pain was gone and it took about a month before 95% was gone. My left shoulder now 'clicks' and often I wake up and my left shoulder is in a position where it's very painful. I wish the doctor would go over all side effects when then prescribe medication so you know when something starts to happen that it is the medication."

Milwaukee WI Racer (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I am practically out of all options for ADHD medications due to side effects. Vyvanse has proven to be really effective for helping my ADHD. The focus I have is great & allows me to "see" what must be done instead and actually do it! I also have Body Dysmorphia Disorder which has paralyzed me from being able to go out of the house. My providers have been trying to get me to get out of the house for years! Unexpectedly, Vyvanse has practically eliminated my BDD & fear to be outdoors! For example, in any given week I might go outside once, if that. I can barely stand 1 hour of being out. Now with Vyvanse, I have gotten my life back. I didn't try. One day I went outside & just stayed! Now, I'm always outside doing lots of things for hours!"

Dee F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "I started taking this drug 6-7 years ago for school and planned to quit when I graduated because it made me anti-social, increase tobacco usage, and want to play video games all night. It was really effecting my personal and social life, plus I hated all of the physical effects (heart rate, cold hands, sweat). However, I enjoyed the high it gives you, and continued taking it after graduating. It helps lock you down at the computer and make boring work less boring. Now, I cannot stop taking it. Every night I lay in bed saying "Ok I have to stop this"., then the next morning I wake up and can't resist taking it. I am going to tell my doctor to cancel my prescription because the cons HEAVILY outweigh the pros."

Johnny 123 July 21, 2017

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): "For every positive thing this medication claims to solve, it creates multiple negatives. I have been on Vyvanse for over 2yrs now and have just now realized what this med was actually doing to me. I almost lost my wife, and ruined my children. In addition I managed to isolate myself from 85% of my friends as I build up disillusions as to why I cannot trust them. I have added an increased amount of pressure on my spouse, making her feel that it is all on her to keep the house clean. Why does the house have to be clean you ask? Well, when you are taking a higher level of vyvanse and 1 thing, ONE thing is missing... Get ready for RAGE! What kind of Rage you ask? The, Ok, I want to divorce you now rage. God I'm lucky my wife stayed with me."

Mrcoffee3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2017