User Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine to treat Depression

Also known as: Vyvanse

Lisdexamfetamine has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Depression. 79% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 21% reported a negative effect.

Lisdexamfetamine Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 189 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Lisdexamfetamine

Luvlytrinity · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 27, 2018

“I have been diagnosed with bipolar severe depression/Anxiety disorder And Despite being on Abilify, Prozac and Xanax. I have spent most of my days in bed; No energy what-so-ever. I have also put on 60 pounds. I asked my Psych if there was a way to break this cycle. He prescribed Vyvanse. I started to notice a difference on 30 mg and then he upped to me 50 mg. I have to say that this medication has really given me this new look out on life. I have more energy now and has given me the ability/ confidence to do things like errands, cooking for my family, interacting with people where as my anxiety prevented me from doing that. I am hoping to return to work one day after being away for 10 years. Its an amazing medication and I am thankful for my psychiatrist. Vyvanse truly does make a difference.”

Thom · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 8, 2021

“I have suffered from Major Depressive Disorder for my entire life. I did TMS and had 17 ECT treatments after trying just about every depression medicine. I changed doctors and we moved to Symbyax at bedtime and Vyvanse upon waking, I have to tell you that Vyvanse has saved my life!! I consider my current doctor to be a genuine innovator and out of the box thinker who recommended Vyvanse to me. I am more than happy to share my story of being alive again. Please don't ever give up. Keep on keeping on!”

Becki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 8, 2020

“I've been diagnosed with treatment-resistant major depressive disorder, bipolar II with rapid cycling, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder, and insomnia. I've been on so many medications over the past 20 years, it's hard to remember them all, but my First day taking Vyvanse - it was like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders for the first time in my life! I'm currently on 70mg once a day in the morning for the past 6 months. I don't get quite the same effect anymore but it definitely makes me able to get up and stay up throughout the day. I also take ativan 2mg 4x a day to help with the anxiety, but I'm off all the antipsychotics and SNRIs and SSRIs I was on before and am actually able function and feel like a human again.”

Airtightpuppy · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 11, 2021

“I was put on Vyvanse for ADHD, but my doctor had also been trying to control my severe depression as well with different antidepressants. All antidepressants I tried (at least 15) were no greater than a 5 in effectiveness, if rating them. Well, once starting Vyvanse, I noticed a dramatic and positive change in my mood after about a week. I thought that since it helped so quickly, it surely wouldn't be helpful long-term. I was wrong because I have been on Vyvanse for over a year now and I've not grown tolerant to its antidepressant effects nor its effects for my ADHD. Plus, it has fewer side effects than what I experienced with traditional antidepressants.”

MsUkrainiangirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

“Everyone is different. Some people like Adderall some people like Vyvanse. For me personally Vyvanse works much better. I was prescribed Adderall at first for my depression. It worked okay but then kind of stopped working. So I switched to Vyvanse. For me it’s much smoother, more natural type of feeling. Gives me energy throughout the day and lasts longer. I would definitely recommend trying it. The only side effect for me is loss of appetite so I have to force myself to eat.”

iliketrees April 10, 2021

“This saved my life!! Vyvanse has improved my depression more than every antidepressant I've been on combined. I used to be constantly exhausted, disinterested in everything, and dissociate constantly, just sorta floating thru life. It has given me the ability to do the things that actually make me happy, focus on my schoolwork (I've always had attention issues, but I'm not quite full-blown ADHD), work, and hang out w friends without getting drained. it brings my dissociation down from a constant 7-8/10 to a 3-5, which is huge, and it lasts long enough that I am able to be myself for 100% of the day. I also tried Adderall XR, and it was definitely better than nothing, but made me anxious + didn't last long enough (and just didn't quite work as well). The only thing I will say: Eat something with protein. I hate eating breakfast, but even just yogurt or an egg makes a huge diff in the effectiveness. Side effects are my hands are always cold, but like, whatever because this drug is literally saving my life lol”

Kennymac · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 22, 2020

“I've been fighting what is deemed to be depression for years. I've got chronic urinary tract problems and advanced Crohn's disease which is likely the cause or greatly contributes to the cause of the depression, fatigue, etc. Long story short after all the psych docs and all the other meds I've been prescribed Vyvanse is the only medication that keeps me up and going. When I've quit taking it for any amount of time I crash and I crash hard.”

Anonymous January 2, 2012

“I was prescribed 20mg of Vyvanse last year after trying different medications for a couple of years without much success. I had found bupropion (Wellbutrin) before after being on SSRIs and felt better immediately after I began taking it. As a result of my mood improving dramatically on more of a stimulant type of medication, and the fact that I smoke cigarettes and drink plenty of coffee, I was prescribed a CNS stimulant to try. My doctor suggested Adderall but I didn't want the up and down mood swings that came with it, so I asked for Vyvanse instead. I moved from 20mg to 30mg a month after I started and haven't looked back. It's a very subtle medication that I find gives me the alertness I need to not feel panicky on a day to day basis.”

Roe819 · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2020

“Much like the previous person, I have depression and extreme fatigue due to Crohn’s Disease. I’ve been on Adderal for a few years and tried Vyvanse too. Today I switched to Vyvanse for good. It’s much subtle and I don’t crash like I do with Adderal. I’m happy my doctor suggested it and my insurance company finally approved it. Good luck to all. Depression can be debilitating for the person suffering and the entire family.”

Mr Clay · Taken for less than 1 month June 19, 2019

“I’m a 39 year old male who suffers from major depressive disorder and chronic fatigue. Things have gotten so bad that I’m on disability and sleep 12-16 hours a day. My doctor prescribed me this in hopes of it boosting my energy. I took my first 30mg dose this morning. For 3 or 4 hours my heart was beating out of my chest and then I crashed. Not a pleasant experience on day 1 probably won’t take this tomorrow”

DanDMan2016 April 12, 2016

“I suffer from paralyzing anxiety that came on when I was 36 and I'm now 40. I haven't had it for the entire 4 yrs but I'm going theough my 3rd episode now and its brought on by finances and then I suffer a panic attacks which turns into chronic severe bedridden anxiety. I have the thought that just take over and each thought sends me spiraling and then the depression kicks in which makes it worse. I'm a father of 1 and married. Anyway, I was put on Vyvance and its takes it away for the time its in my system. I'm gonna try zoloft to help with the depression after it weres off but vyvance at least gives me a glimmer of hope. I can think clearly so iIhope this is helpful to others”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2012

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine): “I am on my third day of taking this now. First day: mild headache that got worse as the day went on, mild upset stomach, sleeping normal, itchy at night. Second day: bouts of nausea, strange uncomfortable feeling, hot and cold flashes, not a good sleep, itchy at night (worse). Third day: Feel really moody, negative and I have a strange feeling, also exhausted. It clearly isn't for me. I don't feel like "myself" in three days? Kind of scary.”

Depression boy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 17, 2017

“Taking Vvyanse for treatment resistant depression, started to notice half life extending from 11 hours to 15 hours. Very unusual. The only other med I've taken that has this half life is modavigil, does anyone have similar experiences”

Allrightfornow · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 25, 2017

“Good Drug for my condition- Drug resistant Depression . Dry mouth is about the only side effect. Hassle to get in KY”

Ed230482 December 8, 2015

“I feel great after taking Vyvanse! It's like a miracle! I feel absolutely normal!!”