User Reviews for Adderall (Page 5)

ADHD
7.7
Narcolepsy
8.4

Reviews for Adderall

we3reeds · Taken for 10 years or more February 13, 2015

For Narcolepsy: “I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy 1990. They started me on Ritalin, which did not work for me. Then Dexedrine. It did work but caused a lot of tension in neck shoulder back in the evenings. Then Provigil, Nuvigil. I have settled on Adderall, it wakes me in the morning and keeps me awake in the afternoon. It's a God send.”

thatguyyy February 6, 2015

For ADHD: “I have been using Adderall for about 2 years now. I am an adult male at the age of 25. I always had an issue focusing in school and I have had a "rocking" issue my entire life. I tend to rock back and forth while reading or sitting about. It was very difficult to complete homework because I would try to figure out the answers to my homework problems but my rocking would take all of my focus and no matter how hard I tried to stop the rocking, I would always end up doing it anyway. As I attended college I was put on academic probation and decided to see a Doctor. Since I have been diagnosed and prescribed Adderall, my life has changed 100% for the better. No more rocking and my focus is incredible!”

NurseKrista26 August 15, 2016

For ADHD: “My life has totally changed for the better since starting this medication about a year ago. I am 36 so when I was growing ADHD didn't exist, but I was that kid that couldn't sit still or concentrate and talked 24/7! This medication has given me my quality of life back, it lifted the "fog" that has always been in my brain and I can't be more thrilled to have found this Med! Thank you Adderall for giving me my life back!!!”

goddess0611 April 7, 2009

For ADHD: “This drug has changed my life. It has allowed me to focus not only on my job but also things at home that need attention. I feel smarter, I can think better and clearer. I find I tend to make lists and start checking things off the list as they are accomplished. I never start something and do not finish it as I did before. I look forward to it. I enjoy work more. I feel less stress and anxiety. I do not feel it is habit forming. There have been times when I have forgotten to take it and I did not notice it. The only difference is normally when I have taken the drug I don't have an appetite and when I forget to take it I tend to eat a lot.”

vm90 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 1, 2015

For Fatigue: “I am 24, I have been on Adderall for 8 months. For tiredness, lack of motivation, introversion. It definitely helps in all of those. I enjoy being around people, I have the want to do projects & have initiative at work. Does really give me energy, just the want to not sleep and waste I could be spending doing something productive. However the side effects: grinding my teeth. Some of the ones give me horrible dry mouth. Significant weight loss, people keep telling me I look skeleton like. But the worst? Terrible mood swings. I just flip out. Completely irrationally. Horrid anxiety. I need to get off it, but I am afraid of loosing my job.”

Jkaustin2011 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2013

For ADHD: “I like Adderall for my ADHD a lot. It keeps me focused and I am able to concentrate and accomplish the things that I need to get accomplished, also it helps me with my depression a lot because it makes me feel more happy and motivated.”

Davis · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 7, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I'm 72 years old and was having problems maintaining concentration and focus. Kind of like ADHD, but instead of being hyperactive, I was falling asleep. Doctor gave me 5mg of Adderall once a day. Seemed to help a little, and after a couple months, I started taking 10mg 1xday. Works much better. I have not noticed any particular side effects. They say it helps with weight loss, but not for me.”

delphoto February 14, 2009

For ADHD: “I am a 43 old women going on to menopause. I was never diagnosed with attention deficient. As a child I could multitask anything. When I reached menopause stage it seems as though I could not remember things in general. I would forget to finish several thing I was doing. My stepson does have attention deficient so he has been on it for some time. I asked my doctor about the situation of my attention span forgetting not finish task. So he suggested for me to try Adderall. To my surprise, I was able to concentrate, focus on my daily activity. So I do recommend this to any women going through this crazy menopause. It really helps you to be yourself again. Not feel like you are going crazy.”

RyGuy v2 May 14, 2014

For ADHD: “When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the 3rd grade they put me on Adderall and then I became a person I was not. I had social anxiety but got exceptionally good grades in school where others failed. Adderall changes your personality and was the worst 12 years of my life, I had no friends because engaging in conversation was nearly impossible. It traps your thoughts in a prison of your mind and suppresses any creativity. ”

MilashkaNY · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2016

For ADHD: “I have had ADHD all my life, very smart and talented but almost never motivated. I was an A student and could easily go down to F because lost interest quickly. Was emotional and failed at marriage and relationships. Adderall makes me accomplish so much in a day, I want to do everything. I'm not emotional, I focus, in a great mood. Be very careful with dosage, can be very harmful and addictive. Eat regularly, even when not hungry. I still don't sleep well on it, I have to try not taking it in late afternoon.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 9, 2018

For Narcolepsy: “I have had Narcolepsy for 25 years, 5 of those years I went undiagnosed, another 5 figuring out a treatment that worked for me. Initially, treated with Ritalin and developed a tolerance. Tried non-amphetamines and they did absolutely nothing! Then started Adderall, I had become a new person again, had a life. Able to hold conversations, cook a meal, and drive a car again, all without falling asleep! I was even able to work and have been working for the past 15 years. The dosage increased over a period of time, but for the past 9 years I have been on 180 mg per day and it has controlled my Narcolepsy without any side effects or need to increase the levels.”

dalton1324 October 7, 2015

For ADHD: “I've been diagnosed with ADHD for many years my child hood was filled with lots of trouble. I've had more failing grades than I can count more referrals then most kids been kicked out of an amazing school and lost a full ride scholarship. I'm not blaming all these problems on being ADHD but not having self control for my actions is a big factor my doctor finally prescribed me to Adderall and the difference is cazy. I have been able to stay focused on school and all my classes for the first time in 6 years I am getting honor roll I have an interest in being in school. I'd recommend any one to give Adderall a try. It truly has made my life a lot easier by being able to stay focused.”

Logan · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2019

For Narcolepsy: “I read a lot about this drug and it is hard to find anything about the side effects I have gotten. So I have taken Adderall XR 10mg (once in the morning) Just for a few days now. The first time was amazing and I actually had a road trip to take that day and I drove a whole 12 hours with no problems! That is really good considering I need a nap just an hour after waking up usually. There were still the positive effects but the side effects are just so bad. Food just doesn’t seem appealing anymore and I have constant headaches and stomach issues.Thats not even the bad part, I have had terrible hallucinations and makes me very paranoid and scared to do anything in my day. At some points of the day I feel fine but others I feel those side effects and episodes of tense muscles that tremble when I hallucinate and increased heart rate and heavy breathing. I keep reading all these amazing things about this drug and I want that for me too. If anyone has experienced I would love the feedback:)”

artmuffin · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 25, 2012

For Narcolepsy: “I am a 69 year old female who has been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since I was in my 30's. The CFS came long after the FMS but Adderall 20 mg 3 x's daily has made my life bearable, enabled me to stay awake, boosted my energy (I also have Hashimoto's disease - hypothyroid) and has provided me with a feeling of normalcy. I see my doctor every 3 months for blood work and medical care. Got a new script today but insurance wants a pre-authorization which will take 3-4 days and I am out of this medication. Guess it will be a sleepy weekend coming up! Adderall rocks!”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 30, 2019

For ADHD: “Adderall IR destroyed my mental, emotional, and physical health. I started out in high school with XR, switched to vyvanse, and everything was working fine. I became severely dependent on this medication. I could not get out bed without it; I was miserable if I was not on it; I isolated myself from everyone; and it led me to other addictions which I will not discuss on here. My grades were going down the toilet ( I could not complete any work without it), and I started buying it from the streets. I had to go to inpatient rehab for this medication. I started a 12 step program and for 6 months I have been off this medication. I feel more balanced with certain coping skills (community outreach, yoga, meditation). Please be warned Adderall IR is equivalent to methamphetamine (I talked to many addiction specialists, psychologists, and social workers).”

Tc 1 February 6, 2015

For ADHD: “I do not like taking medicine but had extreme anxiety and trouble paying attention before. I wish I took this before been a few days and more so much more focused. I haven't misplaced phone or car keys”

Sprite93817 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2017

For ADHD: “This has helped me a lot, but I have a couple tips. There are different brands that people will react differently to (I thought they would all act the same but no). I had a bad reaction with the first generic brand I tried, tried a different generic brand, and had a better experience. So look into that because not everyone believes that there's such a difference between different brands but to me there was. Second, I'm overweight and thought "decreased appetite? good!" but I would advise to still make sure you're eating frequently enough. Food has such an impact on brain functioning so not eating for 6 hours because you didn't feel like it is a bad habit to start! Once I got those slight issues settled, this drug really helped.Just be smart”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADD in 2005 after experiencing horrible distractibility in class while at college and not being able to focus on a single thought in my head. I was prescribed Adderall IR and I remember feeling like I had drunk 5 Red Bulls or something! My heart was pounding and I had horrible anxiety the whole day. I only took it one time. I decided to get off it immediately. Soon after, I was prescribed Strattera, which didn't do ANYTHING. I've gone for about 13 years without actual ADD medications because I really hated the idea of stimulants. That all changed when I realized my ADD was getting out of control. I saw my current psychiatrist last week who re-diagnosed me and we discussed my experiences. I had read reviews from people here who say that Dexedrine works for them if Adderall made them too wired, so I asked if I could try that. I just tried it today and I had no horrible side effects - no anxiety, no heart palpitations, no edginess, etc. It is wonderful!”

Anonymous July 30, 2008

For ADHD: “When I was in my last year of college I started seeing a psychologist for depression. After 6 months she screened me for ADHD and started me on adderall. It was ok for a while but she upped my dosage to 40mg per day. That was too much for me so I quit taking it. I noticed the difference when I wasn't on it. I felt way less focused, tired, and my moods were worse. When I got a job with insurance after a year, I started taking it again. It has helped me tremendously! I only take 10mg per day now.”

Evan S · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2014

For ADHD: “I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6 yrs old and pretty much just learned to deal with it until age 14. When I started 8th grade, my parents put me on the meds and I absolutely love it! I'm so much more successful! Plus I feel better about myself as a person. I don't know how I went all those years without it. Its definitely made my life better.”

Concerned mom October 26, 2020

“My son had been on every ADHD meds made by mankind since he was 5. He is 17 now, and because I go read reviews after the doctor changes his meds. I thought it might help someone who has went through all of them also. Adderall was the worst . My son was happy, enteric, easy go lucky and even on daytrana. Ritalin, foculian, etc. he never lost himself. On adderall he was drowning mentally. Depression set in, moodiness, anger, punching walls, so mad he would black out, etc. Be very careful !!!!! Do not choose this one if you but all help it!”

Anonymous February 19, 2016

For ADHD: “I wasn't diagnosed with ADHD until my 30s. I am now 47. My biggest struggle is trying to stay awake, focused and on task. On Adderall I was finally able to organize all the billions of thoughts racing around in my head and focus in on the tasks at hand. Downside - as the years went on I went from 5 mg 2x a day to 20 mg 2x a day over a period of 10 or so years. I ended up getting off because I started feeling very hot all the time - shorts in 40 degree weather was comfortable for me. The other problem was I was starting to sleep 12 hours a day (work from home so literally worked, slept, ate, slept)- this resolved after stopping the Adderall. Loved how kept me efficient in tasking but extreme fatigue forced me to find another alternative”

96chanz · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 1, 2018

For ADHD: “I'm a 21 yr old who suffers from extreme ADD and Social Anxiety. I've found that Adderall 20 mgs IR 3 times daily to be a life saver for my ADD and social life. I actually go out and can maintain friendships/relationships. I've tried Focalin (D-methylphenidate), Ritalin (racemic form methylphenidate), Concerta (Mph er), etc and Adderall beats them all by far. I started out on 10mgs twice a day and have found this dosage is the most effective at keeping my moods stable.”

Anonymous August 16, 2009

For ADHD: “I'm a mid 20s female who should have been on ADD medicines years ago, this is the only one I've tried so nothing to compare it to. Love Adderall because of the obvious side effects: take it in the morning and can get out of bed in 30 minutes without feeling the normal exhaustion I've felt my whole life first few hours of day, no appetite so in beginning weight loss and now weight maintenance, and energy throughout the day (until it wears off), almost like an extreme diet pill. Even though I have energy to run around and could get stuff done, seem to just run around aimlessly not doing anything with a point. I snap and have a temper that I never used to have. ”

lilbitofmadness · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2015

For ADHD: “This medication has changed my life. I was prescribed Adderall due to ADHD and chronic fatigue and it has greatly improved my quality of life in regards to both diagnosis. I am on a very small dose and have room to take more on particularly bad days, but 10mg on a regular, daily basis is the perfect amount for me.”