User Reviews for Adderall to treat ADHD

Adderall Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 52 medications used in the treatment of ADHD.

Reviews for Adderall

XSH92 · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 24, 2020

“Adderall has worked great for me when taken as needed. When I was in my early 20’s and taking it daily I built up a dependence that lead to terrible withdrawals as it is very addictive. (Learned the hard way and never want to go through that again!) I will usually only take this when my ADHD symptoms are unbearable and my work/personal life starts to become affected. We are talking maybe 1-4 tablets max per month. It really does help with focus and energy, and I find that one 10-20mg dose is usually enough and I feel good for several days after the dose without any withdrawals or dependence issues.”

For Laura · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 22, 2020

“Laura, CVS in Kansas City and probably elsewhere exclusively carry SANDOZ. With goodrx my 60 tablets of 20mg are 28$”

Focused802 · Taken for 10 years or more February 21, 2020

“If you're taking for ADHD please note there are a lot of side effects, having said this, they are sometimes serious so take note to talk to your doctor. If you get cold fingers or toes, make sure to consult your doctor as it's a syndrome that can be prevented. It does help with focus, it helps with impulse control, it helps with a general overall euphoric feeling and it can cause you to lose a lot of weight. Be sure to eat, EAT, don't shake your head, you know I'm talking to you. Eat and stay hydrated it causes you to urinate a LOT, make sure to supplement what you are losing. It will cause tremors, shakes, and irritability, again, eat food. Make sure to stick to a 2000 calorie diet AT LEAST. May cause muscle fatigue and extreme soreness, stay hydrated, make sure of this. Some say it causes better grades in school, well, to an extent. It just makes you write a lot. Eat Eat Hydrate And maybe take melatonin to help promote rest. I warned and entertained you.”

Argentanya · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

“My daughter developed tardive dyskinesia, a permanent drug-induced movement disorder, while on Adderall. If your kid has ODD, stay away from all stimulates; they are most at-risk.”

Mikr February 19, 2020

“I totally agree that the new A 79 generics are no good. I mean they work a little bit, but I feel taking the same amount of the other oblong orange ones that taste like sweet we’re way better. These taste like nasty chalk. I’ve never had adderal brand though so I wouldn’t that difference.”

Anonymous February 17, 2020

“I have been on adderal 15mg 2×daily for 7 yrs it has completely change my life. I was always down, depressed, unmotivated, impulsive, always day dreaming, short attention span, no focus and couldn't sitting still. Adderal has given me a new happy life that I can enjoy and appreciate. Starting to think I need to go up to 20mg. I can feel I'm getting used to them. But without them I wouldn't get out of bed and would waste my life.I think adderal is my miracle drug I have never been so grateful for a prescription drug”

Spanky January 29, 2020

“I have found the generic brand for Adderall is not effective as the brand name. The Epic brand caused me to have severe depression, blurred vision, headaches, very tired and no focus at all. I’m trying to find a brand that is much like the name brand. Looking for suggestions if anyone can share please. Thanks”

Sally · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 24, 2020

“Generics make me feel ill, sometimes headache, sometimes itching or hives. Google where generics are made.”

Adarye · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

“I was so glad to see these posts. Pharmacies are so rude to me. I switched to so many brands, but they say they are all alike, and say it doesn't matter which generic I get, because they're all the same. My doctor, unfortunately, thinks the same. I finally said to the pharmacy tech one day, "I'm sure I'm not the only one, who would like certain generics." She said, no, I'm the only one. I know this sounds crazy, but the blue 10mg of teva, don't seem to work like the 15mg of the peach teva, even if I cut one of the blue in half to make it 15mg.”

beachgirl02 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 2, 2020

“I recently was given this new form of adderall from the pharmacy which was circular with just an "A" on one side... I did not like this new form of Adderall at all!! I assumed it would have the same effect as the typical oval shaped and it was completely different which is a little scary. It was very bitter and gross tasting unlike the football shaped one has a sweet note. It also disintegrated turning to powder immediately, as I attempted to break it in half (waste of product). I did not get any focus from it nor did I feel any different at all?? It did nothing! Then the next day got a horrible headache! I was talking with a friend who also mentioned getting the same thing recently. He mentioned having an extremely bad headache too the following day, so we now know it's from this form of adderall. I DO NOT LIKE IT. It should be pulled from the market honestly I don't know what the heck this rubbish is but it is not adderall.”

Anonymous December 24, 2019

“I’ve been taking the generic version of Adderall for about 2 years now. I was tired all the time and couldn’t focus. I felt like a slug and when I had energy I still had brain fog, and had a hard time studying. In class, I would fidget in my chair, doodle, and listen to lectures, but nothing would stick in my head. No matter how long I studied. I was prescribed the 7.5 mg tablet once a day and just the small dose did wonders for my energy levels and let me focus and actually get things done. It helped me talk in social situations and gave me a mood boost. That being said, The generics changed a couple times. And I’m not sure, but I think I can tell a difference between them. After the pill wears off, my head aches, my legs throb, my body aches, and I’m nauseous and feel sick. I have flu like symptoms, which are miserable. It’s sad because it’s a really small dose and helps me so much but some of the side effects suck. You just gotta see what’s worth it to you.”

Katie · Taken for 10 years or more December 2, 2019

“This medication does not work at all now.”

hzio · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

“I got diagnosed with ADHD at the beginning of this school year, being my senior year of high school. Since 8th grade, I've struggled in school, been incredibly impulsive, had very strange eating habits, over-thought everything, and could never contain my anger or anxiety. Once prescribed, my life has changed. My grades went up, and in 3 months I've lost almost 30 pounds (I am still in the normal BMI range). I can control myself. I finally believe in myself because of Adderall.”

Sparkly October 23, 2019

“I’m 48 yo woman that was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary. When I began (on holiday) taking it I’m extremely fatigue/zombie the first 3 days, I am not nearly as engaged with anyone/anything around me (I talk 97% less when I’m on Adderall) and it makes me feel less cognitive. I feel like it dumbs me down. After the 3rd day I start to feel better and those “tranquilizer effects” go away. Adderall is an emotional regulator for me. It works wonders for my impulsivity, racing thoughts, fidgeting, feeling overwhelmed, anger, anxiety, zoning out, and my mouth. Yes, my mouth has always been my biggest challenge and has caused me tremendous social/professional problems. While in a perfect world I’d be on no medication, I have to recommend Adderall for anyone whose suffering from ADHD, because it has changed my overall quality of life for the best. Sparkle on beautiful people! ”

Mikethomps6 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 22, 2019

“I was diagnosed with both bipolar and ADHD. After trying multiple combinations, we finally tried adderall on top of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, and Fluvoxamine for OCD. At first, the adderall did wonders. Completely made me enjoy life again. However, as my tolerance increased, the adderall crash was very intense. It resulted in a bipolar low almost everyday around the same time. I recently just switched to Stratetta and is my second day taking it. Anxious to see how this works.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

“I was diagnosed with ADD in 2005 after experiencing horrible distractibility in class while at college and not being able to focus on a single thought in my head. I was prescribed Adderall IR and I remember feeling like I had drunk 5 Red Bulls or something! My heart was pounding and I had horrible anxiety the whole day. I only took it one time. I decided to get off it immediately. Soon after, I was prescribed Strattera, which didn't do ANYTHING. I've gone for about 13 years without actual ADD medications because I really hated the idea of stimulants. That all changed when I realized my ADD was getting out of control. I saw my current psychiatrist last week who re-diagnosed me and we discussed my experiences. I had read reviews from people here who say that Dexedrine works for them if Adderall made them too wired, so I asked if I could try that. I just tried it today and I had no horrible side effects - no anxiety, no heart palpitations, no edginess, etc. It is wonderful!”

Themom · Taken for 10 years or more September 24, 2019

“I shared my experience recently on here and was going back over and reading others as well. I believe we should all state the laboratory that producing the specific generic we are each taking. Doing so may help us all narrow down which ones to stay away from and which ones are truly therapeutic. Eon lab brand of amphetamine/dextroamphetamine was good until 9 months ago, now they are horrible (no therapeutic value and bad side effects). I then I switched to Teva and they were decent for about 2 months and now they are giving me side effects. Plus the pharmacy ran out of them and I had to wait for a new batch and when the new batch came in is when the bad side effect started. I KNOW the drug manufacturer has changed something. Hope that helps someone.”

sTAR kID 99%er September 11, 2019

“So, I have had ADHD since I was like young. I never liked the pills they gave me when I was younger because I was already a thin kid and then taking Adderall I would eat even less. So I stopped taking the medication. When I was taking this medication I got most improved student! I went without the drug for years, until just about 2 years ago I started taking it again and It has helped me so much! I am very thankful for this drug. I suffer from fatigue , and many, many other problems. This drug is one of many I NEED, To Think Straight and to not get outta control. It also helps me BIG TIME with my anger issues. Hope this helps someone! Star Kid Is OUT!”

JD12 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 11, 2019

“This drug is one of the greatest formulas of all time. I went from down and depressed and unmotivated to organized and focused. Also from relatively poor to rich due the effect it had on me with my enthusiasm for work”

Debralar · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2019

“I cannot believe that the FDA allows AUROBINDO or TEVA to sale their lousy drugs through pharmacies in the US. Neither of these generics have any affect on me at all!! WASTE of money! They are playing with people's minds and well being!!!!”

Themom September 4, 2019

“Have taken Adderall on and off for around 13 years for ADD and CFS. I was lucky enough to have tried the “real” brand Adderall by Barr laboratories. I’ve never taken over 20mg a day. This medicine has gone to TRASH.The only negative side affect from the Barr version was occasional jaw clinching. I think Teva must’ve burned the patent formula or something because it has never worked liked the Barr, not even close. So many negative side effects (migraine headaches, heartburn, nausea)! I keep hoping at some point they might magically start producing a decent version that actually helps instead of hurts. The original Barr had true therapeutic value. Eon labs produced a decent generic for a while, but BAM, it suddenly went to garbage at the end of 2018. So switched back to Teva a couple months back and it started ok( not as good as Eon but better than everything else out there), then last months refill is feeling like they’re changing to something bad too. Bring back real Adderall!”

squeeps August 28, 2019

“I had taken Adderall for many years and was slowly on the decline. I was deeply depressed and had an absolute hopeless and helpless outlook on life with no relief. I had psychosis, delusions and impulsive behavior which I never had. I began having issues with memory, thinking, reasoning, decision making, tasks, and concentration. I would become very agitated if being interrupted. I was very aggressive and agitated constantly, it was at least 98% of the time in 10 years. I read horror stories about stimulants, namely the Amphetamine line of them. I subsequently tapered off of them and feel 100% better than before. I have no depressive symptoms, delusions, memory problems, agitation or aggressiveness. I was not happy with life and my personal relationships were very toxic. I wasted almost 10 years of my life feeling like this and have other personal complications that resulted from the use of these toxic drugs.”

ELVIS · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2019

“I'm all shook up. But it works!”

Sue August 10, 2019

“First prescribed it in grad school for ADD & depression. Worked wonders. Only downside is I became very reliant on it. Was stuck between the two evils of being a depressed zombie (w/o taking it) and feeling like a happy, motivated, focused person (on Adderall). Eventually stopped taking and failed out of grad school. Work was hard, always late, made stupid mistakes, & couldn’t complete tasks. 3 years & 3 jobs later, I broke down and went back to a doctor who rediagnosed me with ADD, Anxiety, & Depression. I was reluctant to start back on Adderall and tried a few alternatives first. Everything made me feel even MORE exhausted; back on Adderall 30mg day; feel normal again. I have the motivation, energy, & focus to complete tasks. Only complaint is anxiety which I resolve w/ a low benzo & exercise. Remember, there’s no reason to be miserable if there’s a pill out there that can change your life.”

Fightthegoodfight · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2019

“This medicine initially seemed to work very well for me with improved concentration but after taking it for only 6 months I discontinued it due to anxiety levels being through the roof to the point where I couldn’t function. This was enhanced during social interactions of which is ironic because I know many people say they experience increased desire for social activities. A month after stopping medicine, I started experience psychotic symptoms of which have not subsided. I do not suggest this medicine.”