User Reviews for Concerta

Learn more about Concerta.

Concerta Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Narcolepsy.

Reviews for Concerta to treat Narcolepsy

"I have had narcolepsy my whole life and for the longest time I thought it was because I was lazy. As a straight-A student, I didn't understand why it was so difficult for me to get up, stay awake, and make my body match up with my motivation. Literally the first day I started taking this medication, I could stay awake in all of my classes and I felt the passion and love for learning I always had as a kid. For the past years, watching Netflix was the go-to rather than homework just because I couldn't muster the physical nor mental energy to follow through. While I have been successful in my academics, after concerta, I could study for longer, I could do more things, and I could finish my work faster. A 27 mg dose works all day (100 lbs)."

katiemariea March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This med is not good. It doesn't work it only last 7 hours I'm taking ritalin also 10mg, and 54mg of concerta. I will not recomemnd it ialso take ritalin for 3 years and it does not last long no good ."

Omtc (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Although I was never officially diagnosed with narcolepsy, about 10 years ago, I began slowing down, literally my energy and motivation kept going down and down, etc. I longed to be normal and play with my kids like I once had. Finally, we seemed to have found the right medication and now we just need to adjust the dosage. It has been nearly a month and its been a little rocky because of the adjustments needed but I feel like I am becoming the Jackie I once was. I just need to check more about the side effects, etc. So far, so good."

Jaxcie (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor originally put me on this medication because I thought I was ADD on account of concentration and focus issues. After my first dose leveled out and needed to be adjusted we realized I may be narcoleptic since my main complaint was daytime sleepiness along with the focus and concentration issues. I have a sleep study coming up to confirm the diagnosis but this medication has save my life. I can now stay away all day, focus and concentrate, and my moods are even better. This is very important as a wife, stay at home mom of 3, and a college student. It works wonderfully for me! I do find I drink more water and crave cigarettes more but the trade off is definitely worth the benefits I am getting!"

Jecca (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have narcolepsy and OSA along with severe Restless Legs Syndrome. I've been on Ritalin and 2 different non narcotic medicines and they simply stopped being effective after a short period of time. FINALLY my Doctor put me on 54mg of Concerta along with an 18 mg of Concerta, totaling 72mg and it's perfect. I can still take a short nap but I am able to finally stay awake longer then 2 hours. It took 3 sleep studies and about 5 different drugs but I think I finally am beginning to feel optimistic!"

susan_2009 June 18, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Didn't work for me and gave me a really bad headache."

Anonymous May 24, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"An excellent medication for treating my condition"

Anonymous May 21, 2008