User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Also known as: Luvox, Luvox CR

Learn more about Fluvoxamine.

Persistent Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 3 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 6 reviews 5 medications

4.4
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 119 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was unaware that I was suffering with OCD for a long time. Obsessive thoughts constantly plagued me but so did general anxiety. I was unable to drive on the highway at all, use public transportation or even go out to eat and be comfortable. All I could focus on was the thought of being sick, getting sick, gagging, etc. Over and over the thoughts would escalate and it wasn't until I actually started gagging that I started seeing a CBT, who helped a lot but in the end I'm the type that needs talk therapy and medication. I'm so happy and free because now the thoughts either do not come at all, or I have the ability to shut them down. Side effects were minimal (waking up in the night) and only lasted the first week or so."

Atwood66666666 September 21, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "My son was prescribed this for anxiety and racing thoughts... Helped initially with improved mood... but very tired. After a week or 2 noticed noticed increase in impulsive behaviour... lying, stealing, cheating, rudeness. Sleep remain reduced and diarrheoa and headaches. We have finally reduced it off... but still quite emotiinal"

Loz83 September 5, 2016

For Depression: "Do not take if you are on Methotrexate and leflunomide for rheumatoid arthritis. It over rides the arthritis medication and makes you become inflamed again and you will have to go back on steroids. I only took this medication for three days and it made me sleep for 15 hours on the first night, the second night it over rode my arthritis medication and made my arthritis flare up and I couldn't sleep and the third night I didn't sleep and had a major migraine."

crazyshortass (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been taking this for almost 10 years now, I started taking this during my 1st sem in undergrad. I started this because my obsessions became debilitating and the chatter volume was getting too loud. For example, if something was said and I heard it/read it/saw it then I would see it in neon in my head for days and the phrase or word or image would just consume my thoughts. The phrase or word or image would be so bright or loud that I couldn't do anything but focus on it. The medication worked slowly at first, took about 6 months to really get it worked out. 10 years later, I'd say it does its job and I'm a better, more functional person because of it. Don't try to go cold turkey off of it though, you'll regret that!"

WlfHZ (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've taken this med for a little over two years now, along with Clomipramine. It really helped a lot in the beginning,relieved general anxiety disorder and many ocd symptoms. You have to give it a chance, meaning the first few weeks you may feel sick and emotional lows but it really helps after a while. It cured my GAD and again it helps my OCD but not 100 percent. Still better than the previous meds I tried like Zoloft and Paxil, those never helped me. I'm currently still on it but I may try another med because it does make me sleepy often now. If nothing else helps with ocd like this med then will stay on it. I'd recommend trying it."

DaxR August 4, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I'm a Brazilian boy, 21yrs old and i suffer from mild depression and GAD. Effexor was the holy grail for my HUGE anxiety, unfortunely it came along with sexual problems. My doc said Luvox had a lower chance of having these kind of side effects. Its been a month since I switched to it and i felt nothing but a 70% return in my anxiety using half of the maximum daily dosage. Still cant ejaculate neither have the same libido as i used to."

Adrian123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016

For Depression: "Used to be somewhat effective (hence it even getting a 3) but now is about as effective as placebo at best. The only things keeping me stable right now are Seroquel XR, Wellbutrin XL, and a lot of caffeine. I'm still trying to even get an appointment scheduled with my psychiatrist so I can get off of this useless drug and on to something that might actually work, and it's probably not going to be an SSRI, since I've taken several of them before and none of them have worked except Paxil, but that gave me too many side effects."

Xelleld (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Been on it for a month for OCD and Health Anxiety. My contamination fears have diminished but some other fears exascerbated. I feel trippy and have lucid dreams. For the first 3 weeks I was exhausted and had no drive or care to get out of bed. That is getting better now. Going to ride it out and see if things get better."

LERAS July 20, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I just began this med and it's 3:00Am Mind you, I took my first pill at 2:00 pm the previous day. personally, I do not like it! I can not sleep, my mouth is dry, and very restless. My anxiety and compulsive ( over thinking things ) thoughts are overwhelming. I'm going to rate this medication poor with my experience. It's not my cup of tea."

MIgirl78 July 19, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "My doctor put me on this medication because she was unwilling to give me Xanax or any medication in its category for my anxiety. 5 days ago I started taking this medication 50 mg at night. Second day I noticed a numb feeling in my mouth and trouble falling asleep. 3rd day I noticed an unwillingness to get off my recliner. I didn't want to do anything. By the 4th day I was having cold sweats and throwing up ! So sick to my stomach which made me more depressed. No thanks! I threw it in the garbage and called the pharmacy to refill my lexapro."

acronimji July 18, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I started taking this drug over 15 years ago whenever I had unwanted mind chatter going on. It wasn't like I heard voices in my head like crazy people, just my thoughts going crazy almost allowed to keep me awake. If someone said hey I like that color blue on you, I would think it's because I look fat in other colors really bad another color and then I would start obsessing about that. It really was a prison that I was in and obsessing on things that were small and absolutely had nothing to do with my life. Luvox 100% almost as if it took away every single one of those problems that I had and no longer have any sort of Mind chatter or even think much about if someone gives me a compliment other than hey thanks."

DanniiCatera July 7, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug i would HIGHLY recommend if you are struggling with OCD/aniexty/ intrusive thoughts. I have been put many other SSRIS for my OCD and none worked till my doc prescribed me fluvoxamine. IT works specifically for OCD so its effective in most people. It has saved my life. now i can get out of the house and not be plagued by my intrusive thoughts. the only down side for me is decrease libo, weight loss (not having an appetite most of the day), and sleep problems (the sleep problems stopped in a week or so). but hey, i would rather have those side effects than OCD. I think this drug is good to get your mind back on track from ocd. not sure if theres a time in the future when it would stop working or not but so far its been amazing"

pink carrot (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been on fluvoxamine for three weeks now. I started at 25 mg and have tapered up to 75 mg. Already, my obsessive, intrusive thoughts have eased. However, I feel like I'm on a boat...unsteady and slightly dizzy. I'm also waking up several hours early every morning, and I can't fall back to sleep. Finally, though my obsessive thoughts have improved, my day-to-day anxiety may be worse. I'm not sure whether I should continue this med or not. I think the only reason I'm getting any sleep at all is because of the 200-300 mg of Seroquel I take each night. I also take risperidone and lithium...maybe the combo is what's causing the problems. Right now, I'm seriously considering stopping the med."

Sue20162 July 1, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug saved my life. Really helps control the obsessive thoughts. I have been taking it 5 years. Only side effect is increased sweating, but it's no big deal."

Mandy lynn June 29, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "To be clear, I am on luvox for its entire spectrum of effect-- OCD, anxiety and stress, and major depressive disorder. I have been on almost every single drug on the market, and Luvox is consistently the only one that has ever worked. The luvox/latuda (atypical antipsychotic) combination worked wonders for me in the past, and though I am only on luvox now, it has definitely helped with curbing recurrent, insistent thoughts of hopelessness and despair. It has blunted my anxiety, and after years of depression, I am starting to feel a little better. Just tired as all get out, though!"

O B (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 26, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It's been helping me a lot for my awful pure OCD, intrusive thoughts. I'd rate it a 6 out of 10. However, I 've just recently increased the dose from 150mg to 200mg so I might feel even better. Bad side effects: low libido, nausea and drowsiness. Hope they will eventually subside as im taking it for less than two months (nausea is already subsiding )"

lucicka (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been taking generic brand of Luvox just over 14 years now. It seemed to work for the first few years but it would only reduce the intrusive thoughts and anxiety where you could manage throughout the day. I just switched to Luvox brand name a couple of days ago. I just got my life back. I practically feel cured. I am more mentally focused, my concentration is much better, and most importantly my intrusive unwanted thoughts area pretty much gone. I feel like I can carry the world on my shoulders. Luvox brand name has changed my life forever. I hope it continues to do so for the years to come. I thank God for giving me the idea to try and switch from generic to brand !!!!!!!!"

Joeyc May 21, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication has been so helpful for my anxiety, OCD, and sleep. It worked really quickly too--within a few days. I never knew I could feel this relaxed. I have suffered from terrible anxiety since childhood and depression. Other antidepressants help my depression but do nothing for my OCD. This medication is quite sedating, so take it at bedtime. I haven't needed sleep meds since I started this medication either. I have a high stress job and have found I can leave work at work. I haven't been stressing on the little things. I highly recommend this for OCD."

AAJM May 7, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication works fine it just makes me really drowsy and I yawn so much,it also makes me go to the restroom more. Other than that it works fine"

Brygitte May 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I had a really violent reaction to this medication the first time I took it. Projectile vomit. It was so awful that I'm not willing to take it again."

Jujubeee April 27, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication has helped me for years and works excellent. I wouldn't trust anything else!"

Hannah M. April 22, 2016

For Depression: "Sleepy but helpful"

NDT1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Started on LUVOX (brand name) in '96. LUVOX (brand name) is not made anymore. Switched to generic flumoxomine (Apotex brand in 2000. ) Worked great. Stopped working COLD as of late 2013. Wrote FDA, Solvay tested my prescription, said nothing wrong. All the other generic fluvoxamines (5) I've tried are worthless. Apotex must have changed its composition of the drug ie. filling, binder ingrediants. Filed reports with FDA & Solvay (parent of Apotex) Solvay wrote back, "Nothing is wrong." Drug is totally ineffective on me now, as are all the other fluvoxomine generics I've tried. Only side effect was a bit of drowsiness. Have had to abandon taking this drug, and am in the midst of trying other drugs."

2ndchair (taken for 10 years or more) April 9, 2016

For Depression: "This medicine helped somewhat, however, the side effects have become intolerable. I'm itching my head, ears and neck constantly from an itch that never stops, I'm agitated and anxious and have weird tingling, prickly sensations. Think I'll go back on Prozac though Prozac left me confused and disoriented. Have been through the slew of SSRIs and wish scientists would come up with another category of drugs soon."

Athenaos February 20, 2016

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks and soon my OCD was out of control. I was switched to Luvox and have improved greatly. However, I'm always tired and yet still can't sleep. I've heard that some side effects can improve over time - hoping this happens for me."

Luvncoopy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016