User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Trichotillomania

1 review 3 medications
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 7.6 195 reviews

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Luvox is very effective for social anxiety disorder...."

Leah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2018

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Good for SA"

Linah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I have been taking fluvoxamine 150 mg for about 6 months now and it definitely helped my anxiety. I don’t have as many panic attacks as I used to and when I do they are not as severe. I’m definitely not as fixated on my anxiety. The biggest side effect is that I literally can’t pay attention to save my life. Especially detail oriented tasks- no way. Really enjoying not having such bad anxiety but i feel like new inability to pay attention is getting in the way of me being able to do my job and reach my goals."

Michael (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Effective for me! My social anxiety was totally reduced. 300 mg a day and I felt real relief! I'm glad I took it."

Effe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2018

For Depression: "This did not work . It also gave me side effects of acne and pimples over my face. I was on 50mg"

Ayush145ch September 7, 2018

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Very effective"

Rina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've only been on this a week and it has done wonders for my OCD ,the intrusive invading thoughts have gone from an all day problem to minimal much more manageable problem to deal with because they were going out of control before and were getting out of hand. ."

Ab August 30, 2018

For Depression: "I am a 36 year old guy in decent enough physical health and I have been taking Fluvoxamine for 7 months. Important to mention that this has been along with seeing a therapist weekly. To get the negatives out first, the Fluvoxamine (Luvox) creates a yucky salty taste in my mouth, I get drunk quicker than usual when I drink (which, and I’m not proud of, I do often), and my sex drive is decreased though not evaporated. For the positives: before staring on Luvox I was having compulsive, looping, negative thoughts about myself, which in retrospect were dangerous. These went away almost immediately. I have had only one episode since. A sense of fear, both about specific and non-specific things, has gradually decreased as well. It has taken the full 7 months for this to happen. My days are now less hellish and often pleasant. Again — this has been a slow process."

VlajosD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Works very quickly for OCD. Was on Luvox for almost fifteen years. Went off it for four years. OCD symptoms returned, so I went back on my previous dose and got chronic insomnia. The severe OCD thoughts went away within days though so I continued use. I lowered the dose and the insomnia dissipated after about 3 weeks. Have been back on it about six weeks and feeling much better. Am currently on 100mg."

npocko (taken for 10 years or more) August 18, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "They make me feel just better."

Adrou (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This was a fantastic drug for my OCD. Been taking it for over a year. I had tried SSRIs (Lexapro, Cymbalta) and they weren’t very effective. I worked my way up to 200mg of Luvox at one point (very high-had bad side effects) and slowly tapered it down to 100mg, and I still get just as good results. The only thing I have to complain about this med is the side effects- they’re quite intense! I had bad insomnia the first 2-3 weeks, the nausea persisted the entire time I’ve been on it, appetite and libido diminishes completely. However, my obsessive thoughts are far less irritating and intrusive. If they appear, they don’t bother me nearly as much and I can function so much better. This was a godsend for an uptight, OCD person like myself, though I wish there were less side effects."

Anxhelp11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

For Depression: "I have treatment resistant depression and over the years have been on a roller coaster of 14 different medications. When I was finally put on fluvoxamine after taking a metabolic gene test, it was the first medication that actually worked for me. When I say it “works”, I mean it keeps me stable enough mentally to hold a full-time job. I still struggle daily, but this medication has really levelled my mind and at least keeps me stable enough to function most days. This is a huge change from me not having a job and never leaving my bed. I’m not where I want to be mentally by any means, but this medication truly changed my life. I have been taking it for 2 1/2 years now at different doses, but am currently at 100mg/day. I will say that if stopped abruptly the withdrawal for me is TERRIBLE and starts happening within 48 hours of my last dose. Other than that, it’s been a miracle in helping me get back on my feet."

Jessie (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Tried all the SSRIs before resorting to this drug for GAD and panic disorder. Made me severely depressed within hours of taking it. I even had an anxiety attack cuz. I had thoughts of suicide. Got so scared of my own thoughts that I checked into the ER for the first time. I told my doctors about having suicidal thoughts due to this drug. She didn't believe me. She said I was probably depressed due to anxiety. Oh yeah, this drug gave me shortness of breath which made my anxiety even worse. I don't recommend this drug to my friends or family."

alimills03 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "So it’s only my 4 day on this medication, my doctor prescribed me 25mg to start off . I have severe anxiety and OCD. I’ve tried Lexapro , Zoloft and Buspar but couldn’t get past the side effects. This is the only medication I’ve tried that doesn’t have major side effects. The only thing that I have noticed is I have been extremely tired. I take it every night at 9:00pm and I’m about to pass out 20 minutes after. It will make you tired during the day too . My doctor said that is normal and need to push thro it . I gave it a 9/10 because it’s only been about 5 days so I haven’t noticed anything, but I will take the sleepiness side effect any day over the other medications . But will update when hit the 4 week mark ."

Bella (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "After many years of depression and anxiety, and many different meds, my psych. started me on Luvox. Right away I had trouble sleeping; I was awake by 2:30am and then restless rest of night. Still, I woke up full of energy & feeling good and was very productive. After a few days I noticed this energy turned to severe anxiety. I was also from the start feeling chilled, almost like I was getting sick. Body aches became more prevalent and feeling totally run down. The last 2 days chest pain on and off.... not sure if anxiety or something worse. It's sad, what started off as promising, soon turned to out to be another reject."

dingogirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Depression: "I was on an anti depressant and an anti psychotic for bipolar depression. I developed serotonin syndrome and tardive dyskinesia and sunk deeply into depression. I went back on a low, low dose of ability and luvox and within 3 days was feeling nearly myself again. After 4 days, I doubled the luvox, as I had read, and am doing very well. I do recommend it for internal suffering, which is the worst thing to go through. Good luck to you all."

SEB (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Long story short, it works. I knew I had anxiety but it never hindered me. It started to go into panic attacks. Then one day I had these images and thoughts that were totally unwanted. OCD with compulsive thoughts. Then I went into a depression really bad. It took about two weeks to see a difference, and I had a panic attack so my medication got increased to 150 mg. I don’t have panic attacks anymore when I’m driving or just in general. Thoughts sometimes but I don’t focus on it or scold myself about it. I just let it pass and that’s it. The side effects for me were insomnia, which is why I take it in the morning and some sexual dysfunction. I can live with that. I’m back on track with life now. I really recommend this drug to try out first. Just give it time and if you also need to see a psychologist it helps as well."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I had a great experience with Luvox, personally. I had very few side effects aside from being quite tired in the first few months (I was on a 300mg dose w/2mg risperidone). A big factor for me was that I hadn’t had OCD symptoms very long when I went on the medication and I did a LOT of CBT therapy - So when I came off the medication I had the tools to help myself. I was on Luvox for 3 years while doing the intensive therapy for my incredibly severe symptoms. I’m now off the medication and have (touch wood!) not had an OCD symptom in over a year. If I do relapse though, I will go straight back to Luvox."

KT90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "The worst drug I have ever take in my life. It gave me severe anxiety. Made me so tired and I can't sleep, and I got a seveer stomach pain , electric shocks. I don't recommend it at all."

Leen90 June 10, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I switched to Luvox because Effexor was making my cholesterol go through the roof and now the sexual side effects are back and I'm more tired than usual. I take 450mg Wellbutrin with it along with various supplements. I'm going to give it a few weeks before trying something else."

mihulka3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "This medication has worked wonders for me. I stopped cipramil which I had been on for 10 years as I was chronically depressed, drinking all day and startled at any noise, afraid of everything. I couldn't shop, cook, sleep or care for myself. I developed PTSD from work and was medically retired. After a stint in a psych ward I was slighter better but still chronically depressed with intrusive thoughts, panic attacks and sense of dread, obsessive loop thoughts and ruminating that I could not stop. I decided cipramil was no longer working. At first I felt great but then crashed at 4 weeks. My Psychiatrist put me on Luvox. It took two weeks and I smiled and laughed for the first time in four years. This was three months ago. Already I am a different person. I cook, I can go to shops and nothing worries me as it did before. I am so grateful for this drug and for my recovery back into life again."

Jenji May 13, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been on fluvoxamine for 5 months now, and it has done wonders to my mental health. At first it takes some time to see the effects, but now I'm much calmer, and I'm able to control my thoughts instead of them controlling me. I take 100 mg a day in the morning. I do get sleepy sometimes, but otherwise I have no side effects."

Julieta (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "If you're having trouble was Luvox making you tired take it before bed or have a doctor prescribe 300 mg of Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is a cousin of Amphetamine."

RM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Trichotillomania: "I started fluvoxamine eight years ago to help in managing trichotillomania. Fluvoxamine actually didn't help with trichotillomania at all as far as I can tell, but I actually stuck with it because of the huge difference it made on my moods. Mirtazapine, on the other hand, was very effective for me in treating trichotillomania as well as my anxiety and depression, but it made me super irritable, so I went back to fluvoxamine, deciding I'd rather feel happy than have eyelashes."

HeatherVS (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 24, 2018

For Depression: "I have depression and anxiety (or at least feeling stressed and overwhelmed about nothing) and fluvoxamine does an amazing job at stabilizing my moods and helping me be happy and productive. Side effects: The only side effect I've had in normal use has been decreased sexual interest and pleasure, but I found an supplement containing maca and other herbal aphrodisiacs that effectively remedies the problem for me. Note: the reason I started fluvoxamine was for help in managing trichotillomania. Fluvoxamine actually didn't help with that for me, but I stuck with it because of the huge difference it made on my moods."

HeatherVS (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 24, 2018