User Reviews for Fluvoxamine systemic

Trichotillomania

1 review 3 medications
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 7.6 207 reviews

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Restarted 100mg Luvox augmented with 20mg's of Memantine while weaning off of 450mg's Wellbutrin and I am tired all the time. Hopefully the tiredness goes away and I don't gain a lot of weight like the last time I used Luvox."

RM (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "12 weeks & a dosage of 150 mg on Luvox and my OCD is close to extinguished. After 8 years, my OCD relapsed. July through November 2018, I was ruminating 12-15 hours a day. I was scared to wake up and face the constant charter and confusion in my head. Today I feel free from that mental anguish. I was lucky to experience only a short period of insomnia when starting, unlike the unbearable lengthy list of side effects that I experienced on Zoloft. I accredit this to a slow and steady increase in dosage. I didn't notice any difference until week 8 (and the right dosage) so don't be discouraged if the "4-6 weeks" suggestion doesn't match up with your recovery. I've seen many say that it can take a possible 12 weeks! I'm also going to begin CBT to control my anxious tendencies and learn skills for a possible OCD return, but I will say that this medication has done wonders for me."

Maryw (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2019

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was put on Luvox at 8. I don't recall if it helped with OCD. The whole time I was on the drug I experienced bad side effects. I was constantly drowsy and unable to function or process information at a normal capacity; as a child and teenager, it was a hindrance to my ability to socialize. I missed out on a lot of my education as a result and am still making up for it (at 30). I was constantly depressed and often suicidal. The drug suppressed my sex drive, which never developed naturally (as a teenager, it was confusing). I got off the drug easily when I was 19. I was instantly more awake, animated, and no longer depressed or suicidal. I have migraines and it's been suggested that my long dependency on Luvox might be a cause. I would not recommend this drug. It did nothing helpful for me and has been a huge hindrance in my life. I would strongly caution any parent who is considering this drug for a child; any help it provides is not worth the side effects and long-term damage."

Jen (taken for 10 years or more) December 21, 2018

For Depression: "I had been taking Fluvoxamine 100mg since I was 8, I am now almost 26 years old. So 17 years. Diagnosed with ODC and depression at 8 years old. I was sexually abused which kicked everything into motion. Luvox really pulled me out of depression. I'm super grateful for it for all of these years. I haven't been on it for the past 3 months because it interacted with my Vyvanse in a very terrible way. My compulsive thoughts almost destroyed my marriage and I fell into the deepest depression I've ever been in. I took myself off luvox and everything is better than it was before! Cons of Fluvoxamine: emotionless, drowsiness, restless sleep, excessive yawning, dizziness and easy bruising. All of which went away when I stopped my Luvox 3 months ago. I didn't even realize some of these were side effects because I had been on it for. Pros: No depression"

KLH December 13, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It works. I want to say, please keep taking your pills even if you feel better. I did this mistake after taking it for two years so I am trying to cure myself again. After a month back on them I feel better but still need time. Without medicine my brain is a monster, but this medicine cured my brain mostly."

realmrxa (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I registered this web site just to remember an important thing that is to keep taking your medicine even you feel better. That is the mistake I made. Now I am able the control my obsessive thought after I have been back taking them for a month again. It completely works for obsessions but not for anxiety. It saved my life."

realmrxa (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Fluvoxamine is the only medication that worked for my social anxiety When everything seemed hopeless Luvox helped me restore my social life and my life in general I love luvox thank you"

Jennifer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 30, 2018

For Body Dysmorphic Disorder: "I was on this for a while and it is not bad ."

Anonymous November 28, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "My husband has been on a high dosage for over a year. Unfortunately, it has not been that effective in controlling his OCD. In addition, Fluvoxamine is incredibly expensive on our insurance plan."

Pippi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 15, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have just started back on Luvox after 14 months of being off it. I was on Luvox for 9 years prior to this and felt good enough to slowly take myself off the drug. OCD anxiety issues have returned. I forgot how bad the symptoms made me feel, it’s great to read other people’s comments on their own experiences. I didn’t realise how effective Luvox was until the last few months, the anxiety, unwanted thoughts and my mind constantly running away like a freight train. Only 3rd day back on Luvox and feel a lot better. Having a few head spins throughout the day but slowly adjusting to the medication."

JR (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 2, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Reduced anxiety quite a bit"

Gheche (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I used it for 3 months and my condition did not improve -khalid"

خالد October 17, 2018

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Luvox is very effective for social anxiety disorder...."

Leah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2018

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Good for SA"

Linah (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "I have been taking fluvoxamine 150 mg for about 6 months now and it definitely helped my anxiety. I don’t have as many panic attacks as I used to and when I do they are not as severe. I’m definitely not as fixated on my anxiety. The biggest side effect is that I literally can’t pay attention to save my life. Especially detail oriented tasks- no way. Really enjoying not having such bad anxiety but i feel like new inability to pay attention is getting in the way of me being able to do my job and reach my goals."

Michael (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "Effective for me! My social anxiety was totally reduced. 300 mg a day and I felt real relief! I'm glad I took it."

Effe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2018

For Depression: "This did not work . It also gave me side effects of acne and pimples over my face. I was on 50mg"

Ayush145ch September 7, 2018

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Very effective"

Rina (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've only been on this a week and it has done wonders for my OCD ,the intrusive invading thoughts have gone from an all day problem to minimal much more manageable problem to deal with because they were going out of control before and were getting out of hand. ."

Ab August 30, 2018

For Depression: "I am a 36 year old guy in decent enough physical health and I have been taking Fluvoxamine for 7 months. Important to mention that this has been along with seeing a therapist weekly. To get the negatives out first, the Fluvoxamine (Luvox) creates a yucky salty taste in my mouth, I get drunk quicker than usual when I drink (which, and I’m not proud of, I do often), and my sex drive is decreased though not evaporated. For the positives: before staring on Luvox I was having compulsive, looping, negative thoughts about myself, which in retrospect were dangerous. These went away almost immediately. I have had only one episode since. A sense of fear, both about specific and non-specific things, has gradually decreased as well. It has taken the full 7 months for this to happen. My days are now less hellish and often pleasant. Again — this has been a slow process."

VlajosD (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 19, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Works very quickly for OCD. Was on Luvox for almost fifteen years. Went off it for four years. OCD symptoms returned, so I went back on my previous dose and got chronic insomnia. The severe OCD thoughts went away within days though so I continued use. I lowered the dose and the insomnia dissipated after about 3 weeks. Have been back on it about six weeks and feeling much better. Am currently on 100mg."

npocko (taken for 10 years or more) August 18, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "They make me feel just better."

Adrou (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This was a fantastic drug for my OCD. Been taking it for over a year. I had tried SSRIs (Lexapro, Cymbalta) and they weren’t very effective. I worked my way up to 200mg of Luvox at one point (very high-had bad side effects) and slowly tapered it down to 100mg, and I still get just as good results. The only thing I have to complain about this med is the side effects- they’re quite intense! I had bad insomnia the first 2-3 weeks, the nausea persisted the entire time I’ve been on it, appetite and libido diminishes completely. However, my obsessive thoughts are far less irritating and intrusive. If they appear, they don’t bother me nearly as much and I can function so much better. This was a godsend for an uptight, OCD person like myself, though I wish there were less side effects."

Anxhelp11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 3, 2018

For Depression: "I have treatment resistant depression and over the years have been on a roller coaster of 14 different medications. When I was finally put on fluvoxamine after taking a metabolic gene test, it was the first medication that actually worked for me. When I say it “works”, I mean it keeps me stable enough mentally to hold a full-time job. I still struggle daily, but this medication has really levelled my mind and at least keeps me stable enough to function most days. This is a huge change from me not having a job and never leaving my bed. I’m not where I want to be mentally by any means, but this medication truly changed my life. I have been taking it for 2 1/2 years now at different doses, but am currently at 100mg/day. I will say that if stopped abruptly the withdrawal for me is TERRIBLE and starts happening within 48 hours of my last dose. Other than that, it’s been a miracle in helping me get back on my feet."

Jessie (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Tried all the SSRIs before resorting to this drug for GAD and panic disorder. Made me severely depressed within hours of taking it. I even had an anxiety attack cuz. I had thoughts of suicide. Got so scared of my own thoughts that I checked into the ER for the first time. I told my doctors about having suicidal thoughts due to this drug. She didn't believe me. She said I was probably depressed due to anxiety. Oh yeah, this drug gave me shortness of breath which made my anxiety even worse. I don't recommend this drug to my friends or family."

alimills03 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018