User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Trichotillomania

1 review 3 medications
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 7.2 182 reviews

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "So it’s only my 4 day on this medication, my doctor prescribed me 25mg to start off . I have severe anxiety and OCD. I’ve tried Lexapro , Zoloft and Buspar but couldn’t get past the side effects. This is the only medication I’ve tried that doesn’t have major side effects. The only thing that I have noticed is I have been extremely tired. I take it every night at 9:00pm and I’m about to pass out 20 minutes after. It will make you tired during the day too . My doctor said that is normal and need to push thro it . I gave it a 9/10 because it’s only been about 5 days so I haven’t noticed anything, but I will take the sleepiness side effect any day over the other medications . But will update when hit the 4 week mark ."

Bella (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "After many years of depression and anxiety, and many different meds, my psych. started me on Luvox. Right away I had trouble sleeping; I was awake by 2:30am and then restless rest of night. Still, I woke up full of energy & feeling good and was very productive. After a few days I noticed this energy turned to severe anxiety. I was also from the start feeling chilled, almost like I was getting sick. Body aches became more prevalent and feeling totally run down. The last 2 days chest pain on and off.... not sure if anxiety or something worse. It's sad, what started off as promising, soon turned to out to be another reject."

dingogirl (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Depression: "I was on an anti depressant and an anti psychotic for bipolar depression. I developed serotonin syndrome and tardive dyskinesia and sunk deeply into depression. I went back on a low, low dose of ability and luvox and within 3 days was feeling nearly myself again. After 4 days, I doubled the luvox, as I had read, and am doing very well. I do recommend it for internal suffering, which is the worst thing to go through. Good luck to you all."

SEB (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Long story short, it works. I knew I had anxiety but it never hindered me. It started to go into panic attacks. Then one day I had these images and thoughts that were totally unwanted. OCD with compulsive thoughts. Then I went into a depression really bad. It took about two weeks to see a difference, and I had a panic attack so my medication got increased to 150 mg. I don’t have panic attacks anymore when I’m driving or just in general. Thoughts sometimes but I don’t focus on it or scold myself about it. I just let it pass and that’s it. The side effects for me were insomnia, which is why I take it in the morning and some sexual dysfunction. I can live with that. I’m back on track with life now. I really recommend this drug to try out first. Just give it time and if you also need to see a psychologist it helps as well."

Melissa (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I had a great experience with Luvox, personally. I had very few side effects aside from being quite tired in the first few months (I was on a 300mg dose w/2mg risperidone). A big factor for me was that I hadn’t had OCD symptoms very long when I went on the medication and I did a LOT of CBT therapy - So when I came off the medication I had the tools to help myself. I was on Luvox for 3 years while doing the intensive therapy for my incredibly severe symptoms. I’m now off the medication and have (touch wood!) not had an OCD symptom in over a year. If I do relapse though, I will go straight back to Luvox."

KT90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 12, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "The worst drug I have ever take in my life. It gave me severe anxiety. Made me so tired and I can't sleep, and I got a seveer stomach pain , electric shocks. I don't recommend it at all."

Leen90 June 10, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I switched to Luvox because Effexor was making my cholesterol go through the roof and now the sexual side effects are back and I'm more tired than usual. I take 450mg Wellbutrin with it along with various supplements. I'm going to give it a few weeks before trying something else."

mihulka3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "This medication has worked wonders for me. I stopped cipramil which I had been on for 10 years as I was chronically depressed, drinking all day and startled at any noise, afraid of everything. I couldn't shop, cook, sleep or care for myself. I developed PTSD from work and was medically retired. After a stint in a psych ward I was slighter better but still chronically depressed with intrusive thoughts, panic attacks and sense of dread, obsessive loop thoughts and ruminating that I could not stop. I decided cipramil was no longer working. At first I felt great but then crashed at 4 weeks. My Psychiatrist put me on Luvox. It took two weeks and I smiled and laughed for the first time in four years. This was three months ago. Already I am a different person. I cook, I can go to shops and nothing worries me as it did before. I am so grateful for this drug and for my recovery back into life again."

Jenji May 13, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been on fluvoxamine for 5 months now, and it has done wonders to my mental health. At first it takes some time to see the effects, but now I'm much calmer, and I'm able to control my thoughts instead of them controlling me. I take 100 mg a day in the morning. I do get sleepy sometimes, but otherwise I have no side effects."

Julieta (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "If you're having trouble was Luvox making you tired take it before bed or have a doctor prescribe 300 mg of Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is a cousin of Amphetamine."

RM (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Trichotillomania: "I started fluvoxamine eight years ago to help in managing trichotillomania. Fluvoxamine actually didn't help with trichotillomania at all as far as I can tell, but I actually stuck with it because of the huge difference it made on my moods. Mirtazapine, on the other hand, was very effective for me in treating trichotillomania as well as my anxiety and depression, but it made me super irritable, so I went back to fluvoxamine, deciding I'd rather feel happy than have eyelashes."

HeatherVS (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 24, 2018

For Depression: "I have depression and anxiety (or at least feeling stressed and overwhelmed about nothing) and fluvoxamine does an amazing job at stabilizing my moods and helping me be happy and productive. Side effects: The only side effect I've had in normal use has been decreased sexual interest and pleasure, but I found an supplement containing maca and other herbal aphrodisiacs that effectively remedies the problem for me. Note: the reason I started fluvoxamine was for help in managing trichotillomania. Fluvoxamine actually didn't help with that for me, but I stuck with it because of the huge difference it made on my moods."

HeatherVS (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 24, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Switched from Prozac to Luvox. I already feel a difference in my depression. So far so good!!!"

Allie K. (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I’ve been on Fluvoxamine for about a month now and it’s the 3rd time I’m trying the treatment. I’m taking 200mg daily. I started with 50mg, then added an extra 50 every week. It has definitely helped with my OCD, mood swings and nervous tics - I really am much better. But again the side effects are making me reconsider. 1st week I felt nauseous all the time and had diarrhoea and stomach cramps, 2nd week there was the insomnia and sexual dysfunction, 3rd and 4th weeks still insomniac but now coupled with a generalised tiredness and night sweats. No matter how much I sleep now I always feel ready to nap and it has seriously messed with my productivity both at uni and work. I don’t know what I’ll do next because I really am better but I’m not sure it’s worth the side effects."

frcampbell (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Panic Disorder: "This has been the only medication that has worked for me. I was debilitated for two years with obsessive thoughts and severe panic attacks. I have now been on this medication for 23 years and it is still working for me. My 20 year old daughter is on it with success as well as my grandmother was on it as well. Don’t let other people’s comments make you second guess about trying this medication. Everyone is different, this pill is definitely worth trying."

Becca (taken for 10 years or more) March 7, 2018

For Depression: "it's been week up until now since I'm on fluvoxamine (fevarin). I already have tried it twice a few years ago, but side effects was too overwhelming to continuing. I had flu- like symptoms. Lately I was extremely depressed and had recurrent, negative thoughts, including suicidal ideas. Some day I impulsively came up with idea to give the fevarin one more try. I stopped using drugs, along with cigarettes. My thoughts are harrassing me significantly less during the day and during the night when I wake up at 4 a.m (side effect) they are more friendly. Initially I felt a little weak but I feel that it's passing, and even makes me slightly agitated, so proportionally the depression decreasing. The nausea is also present, however to the extent that I can eat normally. Unlike others I noticed huge improvement in sex drive, but struggle with ejaculation. My anxiety also mildly declines."

frik March 3, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "So I was put on this medication for my anxiety and depression (as well as possible OCD). Transition from my last antidepressant to this one was a nightmare. I had really strange side effects. And now that I've been on this for about a month, rather than obsessing about things I just don't care. Especially regarding my school work, I've been procrastinating a lot lately and haven't even turned in some of my work, which is stressing me out... I don't know, we'll see how this continues I guess"

D.Ontknow (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It's a miracle is what it is. This med allows me to function. Tried so many things and this is the only med to help with OCD. Took away a bunch of compulsions and anxiety associated with them. I find it easier to push away thoughts. Side effects- night sweats, sexual dysfunction, tiredness. Doesn't work on depression it seems though its an SSRI. Still with these side effects it's a miracle drug. Saved me. Been on 300mg for years. I should say going on it is hell, constant anxiety and panic and then one day it just drops and you feel better. It gets worse before it gets better. If you take this and feel terribly anxious, it's working. Push through."

anxiouscharlie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 14, 2018

For Depression: "No side effects and worked really well for 2 years at 200mg, before I had another episode which ended me up having my first psychiatric hospitalisation. The ward doctors took me off it in 3 weeks and I experienced the worst sickness I've ever had in my life, constantly sick and 'brain zaps' were irritating."

moadej (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 7, 2018

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "On Luvox I woke up one morning and just decided I didn't need to bite my nails anymore. After 40 years of nail biting I'm cured. It's also helped my OCD disappear. It's an amazing medication!"

Me12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication increased my anxiety and depression ten fold. It never made me tired or feel sedated. It did cause derealization and insomnia."

Betty178 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started 25 mg with no issues, but have gone up to 50 mg after 2 weeks. At 50 mg my anxiety has more than doubled. My panic is off the charts, and I can’t sleep. I’ve been at 50 mg for 2 1/2 weeks and tend to feel worse by the day. I’ll be discontinuing this medication. It did help my obsessive thoughts after 2 weeks, but the increase in panic is unbearable for me. It was not sedating for me at all."

BettyPir (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "This drug has been amazing for me. I was taking klonopin too often trying to control anxiety. This drug took a while to work - but now that it has - it has been a life saver for me. Lost some motivation with it so MD prescribed Wellbutrin for mornings to help with that side effect. Works like a charm."

Popgtw (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 26, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "My 18 year old daughter was put on Luvox about 8 months ago. It definitely is working for her OCD. She is still very depressed though. She recently had an increase in her dose and is now taking 300mg daily. 150mg in the morning and 150mg at night. It takes a good 4 to 6 weeks to feel the benefits she has told me. She rarely needs her Xanax anymore but takes Clonazepam once a day for anxiety. She is only 117 lbs and I do worry about that high of a dose. She is tired all the time. Headaches occasionally too. Those are the main side effects for her. She has tried dozens of medications and Luvox has been the only one to help with her OCD. Her therapist was the one to discover she had it as we were both unaware."

Nicnatkat December 19, 2017

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Started luvox Jan this year and gradually increased my dose from 50mg to 150mg per day over the course of 11 months. For the first week or so, I developed pretty bad insomnia (which has never been a problem before) and my mood was very low. Together with CBT, I must say there was a significant improvement in my OCD symptoms which I'm very grateful for, as I've had OCD for about a decade now. Anxiety in this area was significantly reduced with the help of exposure. However, I've also had many suicidal episodes and it felt like my mind was fogged over which made me feel very disconnected from my surroundings. So eventually I stopped. It definitely helped with OCD, but the low mood and lethargy were intolerable."

rosespirit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 16, 2017