User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Also known as: Luvox, Luvox CR

Learn more about Fluvoxamine.

Persistent Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 3 medications

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder 7 reviews 5 medications

5.1
Summary of Fluvoxamine reviews 137 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Been on Luvox for 270 days and it's been good."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I had attempted suicide and was convinced my life was over prior to being on this, it saved my life plain and simple. I take risperdal to augment the effect of luvox. If you find the luvox isn't working entirely try adding on an antipsychotic, it did wonders for me. I have schizophrenia and OCD, so having an antipsychotic is absolutely essential. But yeah, Luvox has done wonders for me. It may take a few months before you feel the full effects though. I just got raised to 200mg and so far so good. Thank you Luvox."

JonSnow2013 March 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been on fluvoxamine for about 5 years. I was put on them when I was 12, I was diagnosed with transformational obsession (fear turning into people) . Fluvoxamine reduced my OCD thoughts for about 3 years and I was so happy, which was great! Clearly starting about 2 summers ago I feel they have become less effective and however hard I try I cannot maintain a level of happiness. I have constant a undertone of anxiety and my OCD thoughts are starting to come back full force (every minute), however for a long time I have just felt confused, questioning the meaning of things and I just wonder whether this is correlating with the tablets. I have no reason to be sad, and I really try to be happy! "

MKtraveller March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was recovering from severe PTSD linked to bipolar 2 and autism spectrum disorder. I lived in a sort of dual reality, with violent images of past trauma continually playing into the present. Every thought stopping technique and medication failed to solve the problem until Fluvoxamine was added to the mix. For me, it stopped the images immediately. I was finally able to smile again! And I do not recall experiencing any particular side effects. Of course, I always insisted that my doctors start me on low doses, as side effects were a definite concern. Everyone is different. But for intrusive thoughts and images, I would definitely recommend that this medicine be given a try. What does not work at all for some may work wonders for others!"

RHB1 March 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "It totally solved my Severe OCD and , to some extent, social anxiety"

Reeme March 10, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Luvox for many years, it has normalized my emotions/anxiety levels. I have gone off it once or twice but depression & anxiety have once again flared to the unbearable. I sometimes feel tired but I also have fibromyalgia so that could be causing it. I often have a dry mouth & experience low libido but nothing as bad as the hopelessness I felt when not on it - Luvox has improved the quality of my life"

SVeeBee February 27, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I stated on Fluvoxamine 5 years ago. Then when fluvoxamine 100 mg extended release came out I switched to it. I've been experiencing sporadic low grade fevers, intestinal cramping, diarrhea and red eyes. I've been through years of testing and finally came up with an answer Fluvoxamine. This medication interacts with many other medications and can cause serious and fatal side effects. This medication is extremely hard to wean off of. It helped my depression initially but now has caused me more depression."

Ed K (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This may be the most effective drug for OCD (or a close second to clomipramine [ANAFRANIL]). It is inexpensive, and for me worked within a week to calm down intrusive thoughts and lifted my overall mood. I have been on and off this medication 3-4 times, and it worked each time to save me from crippling depression. That said, like all SSRIs, this medication caused sexual dysfunction (difficulty having an orgasm, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction), which was a deal breaker for me, even with OCD. I will say, however, that IN MY EXPERIENCE, the sexual dysfunction caused by fluvoxamine was not as bad as the dysfunction caused by paroxetine [PAXIL], sertraline [ZOLOFT], or Anafranil."

RWi February 1, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I've had a severe depression with anxiety. I must have tried countless products, one worse than the next. I've been on Cipralex for 15 years - but it stopped working. Latuda was terrible - why did they give it to me??... I can't even recall half the names. Finally, there's a perfect solution for me. It's so terrific I need to share it. I take Cymbalta (min. dose) in the morning (with my synthroid), and take Luvox (min. dose) at night, along with half a zoplicone (7.5 mg) for sleeping. I haven't felt this well since I can remember. The Cymbalta takes care of my fibromyalgia / headaches, and the Luvox has cleared away all the anxiety. It's a miracle. It's been a month now. I'm back to work and feeling well."

Thea-B.D. January 23, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "When I found out I had severe OCD and anxiety, I was prescribed this med. I was so scared to take it at first because literally I thought I would die. Then my anxiety got so bad that I eventually promised myself I would take it for 1 month, push through the side effects, and if I didn't feel better, I would quit. I've been taking it now for 8 months and I can honestly tell you this was the best decision of my life. I feel like a real person... thoughts come and then leave. I don't get caught up on them like I used to. The only reason I'm giving it a 9 and not a 10 is for side effects in the beginning. But, the negative responses I see from everyone else seems like choices that they chose. This isn't a fix your life pill, but it helps."

DPM123 January 20, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've been taking 50 mg of fluvoxamine 8 days. It works amazing for getting the horrible thoughts I experience daily to leave my mind - I can just turn it off & feel normal & calm. If it didn't have so many negative side effects, it would be the perfect medication for me. I've been experiencing headaches, nausea, lack of motivation, trouble getting up in the morning, lack of concentration, it's completely killed my sex drive & it make me feel almost wired at bed time , before I crash into a drug induced sleep. It also makes me feel constantly hungry, even after a large meal. If I were to keep taking this I think I'd become obese. I rated it a 3 because it worked for what I needed it for. Disappointed it wasn't for me:("

ACKM January 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've only being taking these about a week and a half for my OCD, my doctor started me on the 100mg sure they worked with my OCD but I am not getting more than 3 hrs sleep a night, I dropped down to the 50mg and my sleep is worse, feels like I've had 5 rounds of speed..."

Glennv43 December 21, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been taking fluvoxamine for at least 8 months & have had no change in my feelings. I started at 50 MG, then went to 75 MG, then to 100 MG."

Anonymous December 16, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Use this drug with precaution. I am a female in my early 20's. I was prescribed luvox for severe OCD and within a week on it, my OCD spiraled out of control and impaired my ability to function. My psychiatrist initiated the weening process way too quickly and I am currently experiencing sickening withdrawal symptoms (Throwing up, vertigo, hot flashes, quivering). Everyone's body is different, so for some people it may be of help. Just be honest with your doctor about if you feel any adverse reaction and make sure you get on the medicine gradually. My psychiatrist put me on a high dose too rapidly. Good luck, guys!"

Qte345 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Always thought I had"misophonia" (hatred of noises) but never realized it was OCD until I went to my free university psychiatrist. He said lexapro or a drug (fluvox) more specified for OCD, I went with fluvox because I do not so much suffer from general anxiety, rather bursts of obsessive and compulsive thoughts, mostly due to noises. Anyway, fluvox is all I've had.. and I can't imagine changing! I went from 50mg to 100mg (sounds like a lot but fluvox in its nature is just a high mg mixed with the buffers 100mg is not a really high dosage)& I can now watch lecture with out ear plugs, when it used to be 100% of the time, Slight weight gain might be my fault. I steal hear small things, but I can more often forget about them!"

Beckyyyyyy December 13, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Been on Lexapro and almost all other SSRI and then fluvoxamine (faverin) It was good while it worked, but only for managing anxiety, it never stopped my compulsive thoghting, after 4 years I began to experience severe eye pain and pressure, I've contaced an ophthalmologist and he gave me eye drops, I don't know if the med was the problem, but I read online that it can cause this to some people. I'm now on 25 mg on my path to gradually stopping it."

SalvationSeeker (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was prescribed this drug for ocd, depression, and anxiety. I couldn't take it for longer than 2 days. It did not help me with anxiety or depression only made it worse. If you take this drug and it makes you feel awful you're not the only one."

someone who took this drug (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I recently was admitted to a Psych Ward for a suicide ideation/attempt. I've previously been diagnosed with ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorder. I was taking 70mg Vyvanse 1x a day, 300mg Wellbutrin XR 1x a day in the morning and 20mg of Paxil 1x before bed . The psychiatrist in the hospital discontinued the Paxil and prescribed 100mg Luvox 2x a day and 50mg Seroquel before bed. I've been taking the medication for 9 days. I wake up tired and feel tired the whole day. I also feel jittery but that could be because I drink caffeinated beverages to help stay awake. My Hope is these effects wear off."

Prylux (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug literally saved my life. When I was first diagnosed with OCD I took other meds for it with often very bad side effects. FINALLY I was put on Luvox. I have been taking it for over 18 years now. Like I said before it saved my life."

Andrew Norman (taken for 10 years or more) October 27, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was unaware that I was suffering with OCD for a long time. Obsessive thoughts constantly plagued me but so did general anxiety. I was unable to drive on the highway at all, use public transportation or even go out to eat and be comfortable. All I could focus on was the thought of being sick, getting sick, gagging, etc. Over and over the thoughts would escalate and it wasn't until I actually started gagging that I started seeing a CBT, who helped a lot but in the end I'm the type that needs talk therapy and medication. I'm so happy and free because now the thoughts either do not come at all, or I have the ability to shut them down. Side effects were minimal (waking up in the night) and only lasted the first week or so."

Atwood66666666 September 21, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "My son was prescribed this for anxiety and racing thoughts... Helped initially with improved mood... but very tired. After a week or 2 noticed noticed increase in impulsive behaviour... lying, stealing, cheating, rudeness. Sleep remain reduced and diarrheoa and headaches. We have finally reduced it off... but still quite emotiinal"

Loz83 September 5, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "Do not take if you are on Methotrexate and leflunomide for rheumatoid arthritis. It over rides the arthritis medication and makes you become inflamed again and you will have to go back on steroids. I only took this medication for three days and it made me sleep for 15 hours on the first night, the second night it over rode my arthritis medication and made my arthritis flare up and I couldn't sleep and the third night I didn't sleep and had a major migraine."

crazyshortass (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been taking this for almost 10 years now, I started taking this during my 1st sem in undergrad. I started this because my obsessions became debilitating and the chatter volume was getting too loud. For example, if something was said and I heard it/read it/saw it then I would see it in neon in my head for days and the phrase or word or image would just consume my thoughts. The phrase or word or image would be so bright or loud that I couldn't do anything but focus on it. The medication worked slowly at first, took about 6 months to really get it worked out. 10 years later, I'd say it does its job and I'm a better, more functional person because of it. Don't try to go cold turkey off of it though, you'll regret that!"

WlfHZ (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 11, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've taken this med for a little over two years now, along with Clomipramine. It really helped a lot in the beginning,relieved general anxiety disorder and many ocd symptoms. You have to give it a chance, meaning the first few weeks you may feel sick and emotional lows but it really helps after a while. It cured my GAD and again it helps my OCD but not 100 percent. Still better than the previous meds I tried like Zoloft and Paxil, those never helped me. I'm currently still on it but I may try another med because it does make me sleepy often now. If nothing else helps with ocd like this med then will stay on it. I'd recommend trying it."

DaxR August 4, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Luvox (fluvoxamine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I'm a Brazilian boy, 21yrs old and i suffer from mild depression and GAD. Effexor was the holy grail for my HUGE anxiety, unfortunely it came along with sexual problems. My doc said Luvox had a lower chance of having these kind of side effects. Its been a month since I switched to it and i felt nothing but a 70% return in my anxiety using half of the maximum daily dosage. Still cant ejaculate neither have the same libido as i used to."

Adrian123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2016