User Reviews for Fluvoxamine

Also known as: Luvox, Luvox CR

Fluvoxamine Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Reviews for Fluvoxamine to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"This medication has worked wonders for me. I stopped cipramil which I had been on for 10 years as I was chronically depressed, drinking all day and startled at any noise, afraid of everything. I couldn't shop, cook, sleep or care for myself. I developed PTSD from work and was medically retired. After a stint in a psych ward I was slighter better but still chronically depressed with intrusive thoughts, panic attacks and sense of dread, obsessive loop thoughts and ruminating that I could not stop. I decided cipramil was no longer working. At first I felt great but then crashed at 4 weeks. My Psychiatrist put me on Luvox. It took two weeks and I smiled and laughed for the first time in four years. This was three months ago. Already I am a different person. I cook, I can go to shops and nothing worries me as it did before. I am so grateful for this drug and for my recovery back into life again."

Jenji May 13, 2018

"I was recovering from severe PTSD linked to bipolar 2 and autism spectrum disorder. I lived in a sort of dual reality, with violent images of past trauma continually playing into the present. Every thought stopping technique and medication failed to solve the problem until Fluvoxamine was added to the mix. For me, it stopped the images immediately. I was finally able to smile again! And I do not recall experiencing any particular side effects. Of course, I always insisted that my doctors start me on low doses, as side effects were a definite concern. Everyone is different. But for intrusive thoughts and images, I would definitely recommend that this medicine be given a try. What does not work at all for some may work wonders for others!"

RHB1 March 20, 2017

"I have had problems since i was around 9 years old. I have had countless djavus, thinking i thought i could think what people were saying or feeling. Ilogical thoughts that didnt make no sense. lost in constant daydreaming even as a adult, trying to please everyone before myself all the time, not foccused or able to barley follow directions.On the meds im more foccused only a djavu every now and then, my thought seem more logical now im on meds.im able to live a more enjoyable life."

phill.charters towers October 6, 2015

"My husband is a Vietnam veteran and has been on this for 15 years. In the last 5 years he has been kicking and punching and twitching in his sleep. He is now developing other signs of of neurological disorders. The doctor gave us a print out today and Luvox is a SSSR drug and they have recently found it causes Parkinsonism and when dosages are reduced or patient taken off this drug, the symptoms go. It works great for his depression, it helps reduce the symptons of PTSD but now his health is suffering from long term usage."

Willow2014 October 6, 2015

"After an incident which involved a family member who was recently diagnosed with schizophrenia, I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder . Throughout my life (25 yrs), I've felt slight symptoms of anxiety that became perpetuated by post traumatic stress disorder. I experienced feelings of intense fear over nothing, obsessive intrusive thought I could not control, and so on. My doctor put me on 150 mg of Luvox. I did not want to take it because I had never taken medication. At first I became more depressed and had horrible obsessive thoughts of someone attacking me. I told my doctor this and she assured me that it is normal and told me to stick with the medication. I stuck with it and now I feel better than before. Only side effects are sexual and some trouble sleeping."

Pumazi (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2013

"I tried this medication for 2 weeks. The first week I took 50mg up to 100mg in the second week, but I didn't feel any good..I had a panic attack (the thing that I rarely observe) in the first week. It is worth to try it, it may work for someone."

ahmadwaz December 2, 2011

Luvox CR (fluvoxamine): "I have some wierd combinations of "illnesses" I take this to help with PTSD, OCD, and ADHD. I am doing so much better overall, and better than any other drug I've tried for PTSD, so I am happy with this drug."

karandben August 18, 2009

Luvox (fluvoxamine): "After a few other medications failed to help, I tried Luvox for 13 weeks. It immediately made me nauseous, and the effect was constant--not just when I took the dose. I also had no improvement in my PTSD symptoms. Eventually I gave up and had to try another drug."

JuliusSnoozer April 13, 2009