User Reviews for Mirtazapine to treat Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Mirtazapine Rating Summary

6.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 40 medications used in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Reviews for Mirtazapine

khan · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

“I was facing severe OCD and anxiety in the morning. After I took mirtazapine at night the next day anxiety was much lower in the morning. OCD also got better. But after few days when my body got used to it ,its effect began to vanish. I increased the dose from 15mg to 30mg and then to 45mg but same problem I experienced i.e it began to lose its efficacy as the time went by. Moreover, this medications cause the most scary and weird dreams. I also experienced severe restless leg syndrome and uncontrollable shaking of my limbs during sleep. As soon as I tapered it down these side effects reduced. It may work initially controlling your anxiety but not recommendable for longer use.”

stressbegone · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2020

“I was put on mirtazapine for OCD, it did nothing except alleviate some anxiety but OCD remained. It didn't make anything worse, just didn't work.”

I hate ocd · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2019

“Kinda random but this drug makes me emotional as anything”

jbud · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 19, 2019

“I've been taking mirtazapine 30mg for about four years. It has been effective for me in managing OCD symptoms -- has enabled me to put things in perspective much better. Positive help with sleeping. Weight gain has been a challenge, but I've managed fairly well using exercise and limiting refined carbos.”

be · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2018

“Been on mirzapine for 2 weeks and it is horrible - I feel worse”

Fay03030303 November 30, 2017

“I've been on mirtazapine just over a year now for postpartum depression and OCD. I was unable to eat or sleep. Anxiety so severe that I was constantly throwing up. Panic attacks and intrusive thoughts. I was a complete mess and couldn't function. The only side affect from this medication was increased appetite, especially for sweets. This medication has been a life saver!! Helped with insomnia immediately along with appetite. Took a couple of months to help with my depression and about 5 or 6 months to help with my OCD/anxiety. Strongly recommend this medication!”

Colour Voice 1000 June 11, 2016

“I tried this after Citalopram quit on me after about 5 years. What an awful drug for me. It did little for my anxiety and OCD. Some OCD symptoms actually worsened and weaning off it caused extreme anxiety to the point of panic attacks. I'm finally off it after the final rude downshift and am trying Zoloft with good redults so far. Good riddance to bad rubbish.”

ROYAL17 · Taken for less than 1 month February 21, 2016

“Lots of side effects. Fever, flu like symptoms, lethargy in the morning. Sleep was in and out, woke alot then slept....but only about 4 hrs total. Don't know if I'll try again.”

Anonymous January 30, 2016

“It's effective as a sleep aid and a increase in appetite but, my anxiety got extremely worse.”

sam132 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 6, 2016

“On 15mg of this for last 3 months for depression ...OCD....sad anxiety disorder. It didn't sedate me at all helped with sleep straight away took away anxiety after 3 weeks helps with OCD thoughts/harm ...all in all its a brilliant medication which worked for me immediatly keeps you calm and stable and just makes you happier. If you can get through first 2 weeks of side affects your laughing. It's a great medication been on 2 before which sent me crazy. Plz do give it a try but do not miss doses as withdrawal symptoms appear quickly on this drug and are horrific to say the least”

Lois18 December 9, 2015

“I've had bad panic attacks, depression and OCD, to the point I could not function, I wasn't eating, wasn't sleeping, I was ready to section my self into a mental ward because I didnt feel safe, then the doctor gave me this medication and it saved my life, I've been it on a year and it completely stops my panic attacks and depression, I sleep every night for 8 hours to, and don't have any weight gain, if you have bad depression this will pull you out of it just got to keep with it and the side affects soon fade and it's worth it in it the end”

Anonymous September 26, 2015

“I previously had sleeping problems and had to take Benadryl every night to help me to bed because of my anxiety and adhd. After I started this medication, the first night I had tried it I already could tell it was going to be better. I woke up the next day and I felt the best I had ever felt. My doctor prescribed me 30mg dose but told my to break the tablet in half for the first two nights so my body could adjust to it. I am also prescribed 30 mg adderall XR, which I take in the morning. These medications together are a miracle. I never felt better and more clear headed than ever before in my life. I recommend this to anyone who has adhd/anxiety or sleeping problems.”

Buzzy re · Taken for less than 1 month March 18, 2015

“After 5 months of sleepless nights I was prescribed mirtazapine yesterday. Must have slept through hot flashes last night and woke up only once. Was reluctant to resort to medications, but the sleep was so great that I'm doing it again tonight. Felt very dopey today, so let's see what tomorrow brings after having tried every SSRI on the planet.”

Anxiety&OCD September 28, 2014

“Was on citalopram for my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder for 10yrs. It stopped working unfortunately and my doctor switched me to Mirtazapine as I also wasn't eating well. So pleased as now I'm eating, my anxiety & OCD is under control. I recommend this medicine.”

Cazxx September 24, 2014

“I was on Citalopram for 10yrs for my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I've always struggled to eat on that medication though, so I went to my doctor who decided to switch me to Mirtazapine.. I cross tapered medication over a 4 week period to reduced citalopram withdrawal. I started on 15mg of Mirtazapine for a week then my dose was upped to 30mg. I'm so pleased with the results. I feel calmer than I have for years, and I'm also eating again which is a big thing for me as when my anxiety is bad I lose my appetite. It's also controlling my obsessive compulsive disorder symptoms well. I love this medication. I take it an hour before I go to bed and I sleep for 8 hours and feel refreshed the next day. It also has less side effects than SSRI's.”

JDddd April 1, 2014

“Absolutely saved my life.....I have suffered with OCD and panic attacks my whole life....about 3 years ago it got worse and lead all the way to agoraphobia....I went on a few meds.....after being on Prozac for a few months and it deff helping I asked my regular MD to try Remeron....I can't tell you how amazing my life is now....I am doing things I didnt think were possible......absolutely amazing for appetite I've been 140 my whole life... dropped down to 120 from anxiety after 3 months of this drug I'm at 168....please try this....its unlike any other med I've tried...if you're like how I was you're probably looking at all this stuff in fear.....don't take a risk.....get your life back....”

Learn more about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder