User Reviews for Mirtazapine

Also known as: Remeron, Remeron SolTab

Mirtazapine Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Mirtazapine to treat Anxiety

"Hello Fellow sufferers, I have been on Mirtizipine 15mg now for two weeks and it enables me to get a good nights sleep. I was getting terrible perpetual panic with butterflies in my stomach and jelly legs completely unable to function, unable to drive, confined to the house.This Mirtazipine 15mg immediately gave me a lovely nights sleep. Over Easter I did not sleep for six days and six nights and was in a very desperate state with my wife struggling to cope with looking after me. Severe anxiety is a terrible condition and it is essential that you give these anti depressant medications time to work. To become fully effective you should give it 6 to 8 weeks and in some cases longer than that. I am also prescribed Citalapram 40mg each morning and I am improving. Get morning butterflies in my stomach but the Jelly legs have gone. Appetite is also better. You need a lot of close support from family and friends but stay with your medication at least three months min. I live in the UK"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

"I have been on Mirtazapine for about 18 months now, went down from 15mg to 7.50mg mg per night. But the past few days I have had to deal with an issue which has caused my anxiety to kick in again. I'm wondering if I should go back to 15mg or try to ride out the storm?"

Eileen (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 2, 2018

"Have tried 3 diff anti depression pills all made the panic attacks worse. My doc gave me this mirt 15mg and after four days anxiety & panic attacks they basically stopped. I won't stop taking. It changed my live around 180. Before I could hardly leave the house, had panic attacks that were so bad there were taking my live away from me. Hate taking pills but gotta do what you gotta do."

The goat April 25, 2018

"Been on this medication for years. Consistently it is able to knock me out (had insomnia my whole life) even though it's years down the road, amazing for anxiety. Not 100 percent free of anxiety but unlike lexapro I still have my sex drive."

Nate (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 22, 2018

"Been on his antidepressant for over 15 years, very good antidepressant, I started off on the highest dose what is 45mg per day, it dose help with anxiety and depression vey well. It is best to take it at night although I’ve now switched from night to morning as I feel this helps relax me throughout the day. Chances are you will gain weight but that’s a small price to pay for some happiness."

Rammie (taken for 10 years or more) April 22, 2018

"Started Mirtazipine 2 1/2 weeks ago. First morning was very out of it and was craving potato chips. But my anxiety was gone. It even helped my depression. My sleep was choppy though. For ten days I felt so great but was fighting serious appetite increase. Managed to lose 2 lbs due to diet and exercise. Then it started to stop working so well. I’m hoping an increase from 15mg to 30mg will help but usually when I’m on a med and it stops working like this, it’s basically over. Not happy as I felt free of anxiety. Would have given it a higher rating but this constant craving for anything edible is unbearable at times."

AlwaysAnxious68 April 19, 2018

"I was put on Mirtapizine 6 days ago. Had been on Zoloft for three weeks for anxiety. Horrible side effects. Lost 12 lbs, wasn't sleeping and felt darkly depressed. Stopped it and 5 days later took 7.5mg of Mirtapizine. Slept like a dead person. Groggy the next day but no anxiety. Now 6 days later the groggy feeling is gone and Im having increased anxiety in the afternoon and evenings so I'm thinking I need to increase to 15mg. I'll talk to my doc tomorrow. Also, don't know if its my anxiety or the med, I'm feeling jittery afternoons and evenings. I have gain back some weight as well."

Barlcsw (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

"I have been on this medication twice now over a period of 3-4 years. It literally changed my life for the better. I suffer from severe anxiety and have found that since I went back on it I feel better than I have in 20 years or more. I am able to interact, work, socialize and even go on vacation. I will NEVER go off of this medication again because without it my quality of life suffers. Be patient and make sure to take it at night and you will be able to get to sleep and stay asleep. Ensure that the dosage is enough as I was gradually getting a larger dose until I finally felt good. There is weight gain but it’s a small price to pay to get your life back and BETTER than it ever was."

Tyrox (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2018

"Was prescribed this at the end of 2017 due to worsening depression and anxiety, along with "all nighters" and severe mood drops. Doc put me on 30mg and I can explain personally what it done for me. I'm currently not on them due to me being a bit of a weirdo (Hypochondriac) and thinking of going back on them. 1st few days on them: Tired, groggy feeling, but I was VERY relaxed. 1 week: Settled down with grogginess, felt very chilled, but this is why I've quit them temporarily. 2-3rd week: Sleeping fine, but was feeling very, numb. Like I just didn't feel much emotion whatsoever which made me feel a bit anxious and uneasy, (even though these tablets are supposed to stop that) I did not suffer with any weight gain issues, was hungry a lot but I have a fast metabolism, and no sexual drive decreases I think the only thing I really suffered with was loss of affection, love etc, which kinda bums me out."

IDH March 14, 2018

"Hi been on mitazapine,week four 27mg , still wake up with anxiety and needing loo all the time. I can still feel myself shaking still. I may need to up the dose tonight ,"

Sue22a (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

"After a horrendous experience on sertraline (manic and self harm), my GP has switched me to Mirtazapine 2 weeks in on 15mg. No huge change in anxiety / mood etc. I fall asleep within 5-10mins of taking it. Unfortunately I have started getting dizziness and vomiting. I hope this passes as I have been in bed all weekend with it. No appetite increase or weight gain, thank goodness. Increase in libido which is interesting (my bf is not complaining!). Got a Dr appointment this week...will be interesting to see if she wants to up my dose and, if so, how that goes for me."

Jxx01 (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2018

"Been on this drug for about two months. Every other drug made me worse.. Mirtazapine has helped heaps. Put on a couple of pounds but I'm relaxed and happy. My friends noticed the difference. Works fast also."

Neil (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2018

"First week: drowsiness and hunger, ate loads craving food. The drowsiness made the days difficult to go through, I started my course of meds 2 days before the weekend and those two days of work were difficult. Everything did settled down, I only got drowsy before bed and small increase in appetite than usual. 2-3 weeks: slight increased suicidal thoughts and more depressive mood, although my doctor had discussed this with me it wasn't fun. After a few months everything did get better with my overthinking and my anxiety. Worrying all reduced, I feel safer going outside, it's made life better. I've been on meds for almost a year now, my dosage has gone all the way up to and I'm on my way back down currently, I've personally coupled this with CBT therapy. Withdrawal affects for me have been as bad as not sleeping due to accidentally missing doses. Overall I'd say being persistent with meds for months or years will be good, I'd like to think I'm not ashamed of being on meds and I know I will get better now."

G28 February 8, 2018

"I’m on week 2 of mirtazapine and have gone from 15mg in the first week to 30mg in the second. I was prescribed it for anxiety and low mood. I’ve found that it had definitely started to help as I don’t feel utter terror on waking in the morning. My sleep is very disturbed and I wake up a lot but I do feel refreshed in the morning. I know it’s early days but I hope that the glimmer of light that I can see at the end of the tunnel gets bigger as the days go on. How long have other people found it takes to feel ok and function again properly? Thanks "

Mannajon February 2, 2018

"After suffering what could only be classed as a “mental breakdown” from anxiety and depression. I was put on citalapram (horrendous) and then Sertraline (which left me suicidal) and finally a doctor prescribed me mirtazapine. For the first 5-7days I felt sedated but that could have been because of the comedown from the worst bout of anxiety I’d ever experienced. I immediately felt better, I slept properly for the first time in months and my anxiety immediately reduced. I was on 15mg for over a year, now reduced to 7.5mg (no withdrawal). This medication literally saved my life and I’ll continue to take it long term. Only side affect (aside from the initial sedation) I had was slight weight gain. I went from 52kg to 55kg."

Mochalover January 20, 2018

"I have been on this for 2 weeks now. Prescribed by my Dr after being given Lorazepam but having no luck. I am still having panic attacks daily, but I am finding I am able to calm myself down a little easier most of the time. I also suffer from Depression and Insomnia so these help with those. I have been feeling very foggy and sluggish the next day though and this has been making it hard for me to function at work. After reading these reviews though I am wondering why my Dr has given me 30mg straight away. I will definitely update this the longer I am on it"

MrsRissole January 16, 2018

"I have been taking 30mg of mirtazapine for just over 2 years now I used to have chronic panic attacks everyday I couldn’t sleep at night, I was losing weight due to anxiety I started this and I have never felt more calm and relaxed I take it at night time get the munchies and go into a food comer sleep all night. I still suffer for them from time to time but not as bad as I used to. Everybody is different I guess, but definitely worked for me ;)"

MDunkown January 13, 2018

"I started taking this medication 3 weeks ago and after a week of taken them I have been suffering from aches pains. In shoulder, arm wrist and knees. Could this be a side effect Thanks"

suz49 January 7, 2018

"Had anxiety for many years, 4-5 attacks a day some lasting for hours at a time, even waking in the morning under attack. Doctor put me on Mirtazapine about 6 1/2 weeks ago after having bad reactions to other anxiety meds. First few weeks I was a little sleepy but my body adjusted just fine, very little weight gain. Bottom line I have not had an all out attack in over 5 weeks. I feel some attacks but they are so very weak I just carry on. Feels like a miracle"

Erick A January 7, 2018

"Very early days and never usually write reviews but thought I'd share my experience for anyone who is scared of taking their first dose. I took my first dose last night and was asleep within in an hour. I've woken up this morning after 10 hours sleep and whilst I feel slightly groggy my usual morning anxiety has completely vanished. I'm hoping the grogginess will subside as I continue to take them. (I've previously tried Setraline and Fluoexetine and both made my anxiety unbearable)"

SlightlySyncopated January 2, 2018

"I use Remeron to reduce my Anxiety at night and get proper sleeping. I started with high dose at 30 mg 1 hour before bed time; it was heavy for me and I struggle to wake up next morning, then as per my schedule I reduce it to 15 mg then 7.5 mg. Dry mouth and feeling hungry at night was a problem, but it worth sacrificing the side effect. Remeron is great for me at certain level of 10-15 mg. Weight is not a problem for me as I train properly and watch my diet. I’m fighting Depression and Anxiety for the past 7 years, I have to stay on medication, Remeron at night and Zoloft in the morning, this is the best combination for me."

HKA (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2017

"I've been on this medicine for a few years now 45mg and I don't think they work for anxiety at all. I still have panic attacks every day and during the night I can wake up in panic. The doctor sent me to see a councillor but found that did not help either think I need to go back. I can't carry on like this its driving me insane "

Panic disorder December 18, 2017

"Do not take this bad medication. It's highly addictive. Hard to come off like Xanax. This is good sleeping pill. Yes it's calm down at night if it takes on night but after waking up it's giving hang over like you drunk 15 shots of vodka the night before"

Shiv shiv December 9, 2017

"This drug is good for depression but not for anxiety."

Markus86 December 3, 2017

"I've been on it for about 3 years now, side effects like drowsiness are a given, it goes away with time and adjustment. Once you're good on it you'll know, it takes time (as the doctor will tell you). Kind of worried of long term use side effects after reading online but for now it helps. be back with any updates"

freddyg4 November 10, 2017