User Reviews for Zoloft

Learn more about Zoloft.

Zoloft Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 37 medications used in the treatment of Panic Disorder.

Reviews for Zoloft to treat Panic Disorder

"Ok so this is my first review. I had been suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks for about 5 months it completely changed my life for the worse. I stopped all the things I used to enjoy I didn't go to the gym and I wasn't physically active. I felt safe in my room not socialising as this did not cause me to panic. However it was a downward spiral from there. The reason that I felt safe at first was because my anxiety was from my heart beating fast and I was always aware of it ( weird right.) I wanted to avoid all things that would trigger my panic attacks. gotta cut it short so I took 50 mg zoloft and after the first day I haven't had one single panic attack and feel 10x better. I still have a little anxiety but only on my 5th day."

Jack__ January 22, 2017

"I've had panic disorder with agoraphobia for years now and have been going through medications, trying to find the right medicine and dose. Zoloft (the generic of Zoloft) was the third medication I've tried. I started at a lower dose and went up to a dose of 100 mg daily. I had no significant side effects on the lower dose, but experienced bad side effects at the higher dose, such as night sweats, very dry mouth, and issues in thought (such as losing my train of thought fairly frequently). I weaned off slowly and experienced flu like body aches for a couple of weeks as I came off of it. I don't recall any benefit that I got from being on this drug. Unfortunately, this medicine did not work for me."

QwertyBird (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

"I was on this drug after a traumatic experience that brought my anxiety up further than it ever had been. It helped take the edge off for the first few weeks during the summer, yet after a month into university when everything became stressful again, I stopped seeing results. I went up to 50mg after being on 25mg and I felt absolutely awful. I felt like I was trapped in a box but had to cary the weight of it everywhere. Functioning became harder and harder and I wasn't myself. I went back down and immidietly felt like I did after being on no medication. However at this point I started feeling depressed and suicidal, things that are not usual for me. Now I am beginning to try Fluvoxamine and hopefully it can fix what Zoloft caused."

bballgirl96 December 6, 2016

"I've had wicked panic attacks, anxiety and now panic disorder. I've tried the breathing, distractions, calming music and all that. Only thing that really worked was praying and listening to Christian music. But that didn't do it completely so I went back to the Dr when my latest one caused me to lose my job. I was scared to death to try Zoloft after all the reviews saying things get worse before better and I naturally freak out any time I try any new medication. But, I've been on the 25 mg for about a week and just went to 50. I've had absolutely no side effects other than my brain trying to lie to me, if you know what I mean. I also take .50 mg Xanax with it and I take it at night so I believe that helps. I feel so much better."

StephenCW43 October 26, 2016

"I suffered from severe anxiety for years particularly social anxiety. Been on 100mg a day for about six months now. I feel like a new person now ,feel normal and calm and doing things I hadn't thought possible. For me this is a wonder medicine. Took weeks before I felt an improvement but well worth sticking with it. Don't want to stay on it long term but worried about stopping as I never want to go back to chronic anxiety again. I'm sure it's different for some people but I never felt better since taking Zoloft. Hope this helps"

MossieG October 25, 2016

"I was put on Sertraline for panic attacks. The first few months were good. Only side effects were brain zaps and an overall strange feeling. First few weeks I had racing thoughts, high blood pressure, and feeling like iI had too much caffeine. It slowed down and my panic attacks got less. But, I did gain weight like another review mentioned. Not just a few pounds.... like 25. I was constantly craving carbs, and had a huge bloated feeling all of the time. I had to get off of this medicine unfortunately because of that."

Ang256 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2016

"I was put on Zoloft by my doctor for panic attacks about sleeping/falling asleep after she felt I was too dependent on Clonazepam. This definitely worked for anxiety, however I gained around 30+ pounds in a little over a year and a half. I was still exercising regularly and eating normally. It started slowly and then one day none of my pants fit me anymore. The last straw was when I went to the doctor for my yearly check up and was 200 pounds. I weaned myself off of it, and almost immediately I felt less bloated. It has been a little over a week and I'm suffering terrible dizziness and headaches. I'm determined to never be on this crap again."

sleeplessinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2016

"I just started taking a generic Zoloft a few days ago for my Border line personality disorder/ anxiety . The first day, I felt very sluggish, like a zombie. I feel sick, and I got plenty of sleep last night, however, I do not know how I'm going to be able to go to work today. I feel like I have no motivation, and it gives me such a bad sick feeling, that I can't stick through. I'm trying though, but if the sickness, sluggish, numbing of the mind thing doesn't go away, I'm going to discontinue taking this medicine. I feel like I can't think what so ever because Zoloft is numbing my mind."

Kayladawns September 18, 2016

"Never written a review in my life. Was often on these sites reading peoples experiences and hoping 1 day i would be me again. Im not me , im happier then i can remember . When your used to living with anxiety daily you dont realise how it actually feels to be "normal". Suffered panic attacks at night that came from absolutely nowhere, no warnings or triggers and gradually effected my day to day life. Started 50mg, first 2 weeks side effects were pretty harsh ; insomnia , increase anxiety , nausea. Was having second thoughts at 4 weeks as didnt see much improvement . Week 5 felt like a switch was turned on in my head. Give this drug 6-8 weeks minimum. it has been life changing for me"

Trend September 6, 2016

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was started on Zoloft two weeks ago. I went to my PCP because I could not handle my anxiety anymore. I am a single parent and work two full time jobs. Life is just a little much for me. She decided to start me on 25 mg of Zoloft. I took it for 5 days. Every night I tossed and turned. I could not sleep. My appetite was poor. Which was a good thing, because I had some weight to lose. But on my fifth day, I came home and had a panic attack in front of my three year old son. I have never had one in my 26 years of life. It was the scariest thing ever. I called my PCP and she never called me back. The Xanax did not help. So the next day I went to the ER and they gave me Ativan and told me not to take the Zoloft, that I had an adverse reaction."

Courtb1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2016

"Everyone is different how they react to meds . But omg this medicine is the worst for me I tried it over a year ago lasted three days because I just got so sick . Well then I months later I said I'll try it again maybe I just got the flue or soemthing at the same time of taking it the first time well I last 5 days on the lowest dose and again sick as hell this medicine made me feel like so much worse like I was in a panic attack 24/7 . Headache , stomach issues , feeling out of my body , I just don't get it how they say you need go threw the side affects to get better like there's no way they can expect you to stick with something that's making you 20 times worse like sure I little unpleasant but this is over board how it made me feel .:("

Jjbegood (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2016

"Have experienced anxiety my whole life along with occasional panic attacks that come and go. I was so excited to try Zoloft after reading all these positive reviews but I only ended up taking one pill and I won't be taking another! It's different for everyone, but for me, I took 25mg at 5pm and the next morning I was nauseous, was pissing out my butthole and couldn't eat for another 12 hours. I woke up again this morning still feeling very sick with diarrhea. I would rather have the stomach flu than ever experience that again. I'm going on the second day without taking it and I'm still not fully recovered from being that sick. I gave it a 3 because other than that, I felt no other side effects except a little tingly the first hour or so."

Bekah202122 August 28, 2016

"Started on 25mgs and had a tough first week with all the side effects. My doctor told me to stay on it for 2-3 more weeks and I did - and I must say, it have effected my life for the better cause. Went up to 50mg and have been on that dose for a while. Works great and feel that it is easier to do things now than before. Think it is important to say that there are no wonders drugs for anxiety. You are the key to deal with it - not the medicine. I still recommend Zoloft for those struggling with panic attacks."

AAvsQQ July 23, 2016

"I started taking Sertaline last july for panic and anxiety and also for severe pms, it was my last option, and the best decision I could have made, the first few weeks a was very nervous. I woulnt say it increased the anxiety much a was just so scared to take them, I was prescribed 50mg, I decided a would half them so I done that for the first month, so I didn't get any side effect of the meddication, I am still on them now, and feel I will stop on them alot longer as it been the first time in four year that I been happy and ablw to live a normal life, its totally the right desion, if your prescibed somwthing take it, dont let the anxiety take over, I undestand its scary your first one, but it the only way u will get better.. good luck"

Melaniels19892016 July 21, 2016

"Went to a therapist who suggested Xanax and the doctor refused to do that and gave me Zoloft so I gave it a shot. First week was hell, was falling asleep sitting up which I had never done before. I was tired, sick feeling, and dizzy among other side effects. Once these subsided my panic attacks stopped, however I was sleeping 20 hours at a time, waking up then four hours later going back to sleep another 20 hours. I did notice I became better in social situations yet I lost interest in things I enjoyed doing and left the house even less than before. I have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety, major depression, dermatillomania, and trichtotillomania. Not worth the negatives to fix only a few of these."

Peekasaurus (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 11, 2016

"I was on Zoloft for Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Panic Disorder. Initially, Zoloft helped me a lot and I didn't have any kind of panic attacks, a constant sense of mild anxiety, or depression all that bad. However, after about a year of being on it it started to make me feel like a complete zombie. I had zero motivation for anything which reflected in my grades and I'm normally an obsessive overachiever in school.. I just kind of let myself go. I wasn't depressed but I wasn't happy, it just put me in this fog-like feeling. The withdraw for me felt like I might as well have been coming off heroin. I couldn't eat or sleep, I had cold sweats, nausea/vomiting, and I had anxiety like never before. It was truly a nightmare."

Anonymous July 9, 2016

"I had anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years, I finally said enough was enough when I promised after another panic attack im going straight to the doctor and I did. And im glad I did, this drug makes anxiety come all the way down to a manageable level It takes about 2 months from my experience to work, iv been on 50mg for 5 months and I should increase my dose for the remaining anxiety but there's a reason I wont. The drugs sexual side effects are bad it lowers overall sex drive and makes it hard to climax very annoying.Thats the main reason I want to get off them as well as dislike of long term medication. For someone who is looking to try the drug but maybe apprehensive Dont be scared to try this medication dont live in anxiety hell"

akan July 8, 2016

"I am women 45 and suffer of general anxiety and panic attacs voor 25 jears. I took Zoloft already tree times in my life and it helped me every time. But every time I stopped my sympthomes turned back. I am taking Zoloft again voor 5 weeks and for the first time I have very bad side effects like naussea more panic bad sleeping...even after 5 weeks. I still hope it will help like other times but it is weard and I am worrying it will not work. I had some good days but genarally it is not going well at this moment. I also tried other AD in the past and nothing helped me like Zoloft. I was always at 50mg and it was enough. Maybe I have to take more or wait longer. I gave it 10 because of his working in the past. Anybody same experience?"

diana1971 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2016

"I started this only 25mg been on it 23 days and have had episodes of anxiety sitting at home some days. But my bp goes up when I have an attack. Anyone else have this happen and when I'm relaxed my pulse rate is around 69-70 but when I'm not its around 99-115. Dr wants me to stay on it this dose another 30 days as I'm sensitive to meds I also take Valium for meiner's but it's never helped my anxiety."

Aj1970 June 17, 2016

"I had 2 miscarriages within six months of each other. After the 2nd, my anxiety was non-stop. I started having panic attacks. I tried paxil and Celexa which helped a little, but didn't take the anxiety away. I finally started zoloft a few months ago and at first I was zombie-like, and could barely stay awake, but my Dr encouraged me to give it 4 weeks. I did, and I am really happy that I toughed it out. I haven't been this calm since before my miscarriages. I am finally feeling relaxed and relief. The only negative effect I am having is teeth grinding/clenching but I had that on the other drugs as well. I am no longer exhausted, I feel normal again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2016

"I suffered panic attacks for 12 years from 1989 to 2001, almost every night. I switched doctors and he put me on Zoloft. I have been on it ever since, up to 150mg per day, and have suffered no side effects. It has been a life saver."

relenta3 (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2016

"I do not take this for depression whatsoever. It is prescribed to me to prevent fainting (vaso vagul syncope). It works wonders. I am 45 years old and take a small 25mg/pediatric dose. Have been taking it for several years and have not fainted since starting it."

Michigan Mamma May 17, 2016

"Well I've been taking Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks 50mg for 7 weeks now and it does work for panic and anxiety I havnt had an attack and my anxiety levels are pretty much low as can be, my mind feels clearer and I feel more relaxed and able to concentrate on things again, the only down side to taking this that I have felt is being tired a bit and being a bit lethargic and less motivation to do anything, also had very vivid dreams but they can be good so that's not a bad thing to deal with, looking to go back to see if I can lower the dose of possible to help with the feeling of lethargic/less energy but it does what it says it's stops panic and anxiety of you stick with it, I can relax again!"

Shaun griffiths May 4, 2016

"I took Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks. It worked the first day! Only downside of this is I felt tired and zombie like. But it definitely helps."

LeaC21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

"Zoloft has helped me tremendously! I am going on week 6. I kept going on the Internet reading the terrible side effects. I kept putting it off even though my sister in law is a pharmacist. I was scared. Terified. I'm in my 40s very fit. I kept thinking I would feel better. I thought it was hormones. I kept having panic attacks which didn't last long, but it still happened.There was a lot that happened over the course of the months and I believe my body just said enough. So once I experienced the panic attacks it fueled to the fire, worry set in and it was a terrible cycle. I started it after my friend opened up. I didn't feel alone. The first week I experienced diarrhea three days. No insomnia, no weight gain. I'm calmer for sure!"

Ddc2030 April 28, 2016