User Reviews for Zoloft

Learn more about Zoloft.

Zoloft Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Zoloft to treat Depression

"I started taking this medicine over a week ago... And let me say I feel WAY worse then I ever did. I started Zoloft 12.5g Bc I was feeling depressed and had anxiety well it's gotten worse I feel stuck... Heads foggy.... Worsing anxiety... Have no emotions... Panic attacks... Can't sleep.... Can't consintrate... Can't shower... Can't eat... Idk whether to stick it out or try a new medicine all I know so far this has been the worst thing ever!! I just want to go back to my old self:("

lainalaina99 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

"I'm on day 3 of zoloft I think I'm going to stop I feel angry more depressed no motivation to do anything, feel like I can't handle my kids. Super dizzy and over it like 10x more suicidal then I've ever been. Also kind of feel numb and like I can't think properly. Not a good feeling and I don't think its worth waiting it out..."

Mumof321 September 18, 2016

"Hi I have had severe depression anxiety and intrusive thoughts for over a year I was put on 50mg sertralin and felt great then increased to 100mg within days felt awful so now back down to 50mg has anyone else had this experience?"

Katyfin (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

"I told myself that if a miracle happened and this worked, that I would write a review. Let me start off by saying that this drug, literally, saved my LIFE. I've always battled anxiety and panic attacks, and was on a small dose of Paxil and that seemed to take the edge off. I took it on and off for years. After I had my second baby at 28, I got terrible postpartum depression. I had thoughts of suicide, racing thought constantly, couldn't nap and took forever to fall asleep at night. I literally spent three months just thinking and obsessing over how horrible I felt. I wanted to crawl out of my skin and die. I was barely showering, brushing my teeth and hair and would stay in the same sweatpants and shirt for days. I could go on forever by I'll get to the point. After three months of pure hell, I went to my doctor for help. I was prescribed 50 ML of Zoloft. After being on it for 4 weeks, I stopped taking it because it wasn't working. After going another 2 weeks feeling miserable, I went to my doctor again. She recommended we up the dose and stay on it for atleast 6 weeks. Well, after two weeks on 100 ML, I realized I was feeling better. I would go minutes without thinking negatively, then I would go hours, then full days. It feels SO good to feel like myself again. I truly thought I would be miserable forever. Please get help and try something if you are feeling terrible. Everyone is curable with the right drug and right dose. I wish I got help sooner. TRY THIS! It will work! If for some reason it doesn't, try something else! GET HELP NOW! I was doing the same thing you are - googling all types of antidepressants convinced there was no cure and they would never work. Stop spending your life wondering when you will be yourself again. You WILL get better and be 100% your old self again with an antidepressant!"

Dani F. September 6, 2016

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been on the generic sertraline 50mg for about two weeks , and I feel So much better . I was very depressed , irritable , had insomnia and felt like a total failure at life . I had a little diarrhea at first, but then I also have IBSD so I wasn't surprised . After a few days that stopped . I feel like my Old self again , like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders . I'm even singing again , I haven't done that in about a year . I was in denial for a long time , I told myself I could handle the depression -I was wrong . This is the first anti-depressant I've been on and I am very pleased with how much it has helped me."

Lou23 September 5, 2016

"I think this medication really could have worked for me, but I just not get through the headache side effect."

Sophway September 4, 2016

"I have been on 50mg of Zoloft for a little over 3 weeks now. For the first week I noticed no change then gradually I was feeling better. It has given me more energy and i feel I have a more positive attitude. I was overeating a lot due to stress and depression that has completely subsided. Since I started taking it I have lost 19 pounds. That has also really helped with my depression. I am scared of my body getting used to it and go back to my regular habits. As for now I am happy."

Shannicky (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

"Took 25mg and thought I was going to die. Worst medicine ever. I have never been so sick in my life. Was not even able to take care of my child for two days bc I was so sick. All from one half of a pill. Beware of this medicine. I had problems breathing."

Anonymous September 1, 2016

"Very positive experience w Zoloft. Literally has saved my life. I started on 50mg, not very helpful. Maintained dose at 100mg for several years, but finally got courage to take 150mg, and it's been so helpful. I still get acute stress rxns once in a while (less than 1x/month) but my symptoms overall are vastly improved."

swnyc (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

"I had to start off at a very low dose, 12.5mg. Starting at anything higher made me feel like I was having a heart attack. Gradually increasing by just 12.5 mg for dose increases were much kinder. My mind is becoming more clear and focused, my thoughts dont seem so cluttered, and I have a little room for improvement so far. I target between 75-100 mg for feeling my best. Typical warned side effects (GI upset) is as expected but with each small increase, resolves. Sticking with it! :)"

focusedandhappier August 25, 2016

"Hi all, I've just commenced Zoloft for moderate depression. My Psychologist said that it will assist me to get more out of our sessions and will greatly improve my mood. I'm on 50mg. Last night was the first night I took Zoloft and my god I was so sick during the night and even this morning. I've taken today off work as I was still unwell at 11am. I'm going to hang in there. Thanks for your honesty and sharing your positive/negative experiences."

dons1980 (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"This medicine is terrible. In fact doctors are terrible for prescribing it. Thanks to a 15 min session of my psychiatrist nodding (while barely looking at me) then writing down a name of a pill to "fix me" my face has never seen such acne. He thought I was depressed before, now I don't want to even leave the house. DOCTORS OVER PRESCRIBE!!!!! Please trust me, go to your herbal neighborhood store and get things to detox from medicine. The pharmaceutical companies are making a fortune on society believing a magic pill will sustain our life and subdue our problems. You're smarter than that, right?"

Girl236885 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

"I started taking this drug to battle mild depression. 50mg a day. Pros: 1) more energy than usual. I go to the gym more than I used to (losing weight). I go the "extra mile" at work, I got a promotion (financial industry/hedge funds). 2) depression started to fade Cons: 1) DR told me to take it before bed. INSOMNIA was so severe I switched to morning. 2) no desire for sex. 3) I started to feel numb, not literally. Stuff I care about, I no longer do. This is where the depression starts to fade (partly). Hard to explain this one... 4) I'm alienating myself from friends. I like spending time alone, but I'm spending even more so now. 5) I have to take Ativan before bed from time to time due to extra energy"

AnSF99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2016

"Worked well in combination with xanax for 3 months then lost effectiveness"

crob272003 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 7, 2016

"My 20 year old daughter was in a stump of being unmotivated , unhappy and very negative . She had always been very focused , happy and loved life. I recommended she go to her family physician and see about taking a low dose of anti depressant . 3 months later my daughter is back to herself . Zoloft has really helped her and she is a joy to be around again . She has claimed the only side effect is she had trouble sleeping the first 4 weeks when on Zoloft but now she's sleeping again ."

Maddcs May 21, 2016

"I am in my early 50s. The "docs" gave me this med initially for "stress". I was referred to a "psychiatrist" right after & I complied. The "Psychiatrist" announced I had "full blown clinic depression" even though all I felt was stress. I took the medication as prescribed (25mg), & had to endure 1 week of agony, but figured it was part of "the drug". I had muscle twitches, sweating, hot/cold sensation was thrown off, Blood pressure would shoot up & drop low, NO SLEEP at all for 1 week, before the "medication" took hold. Getting off the crap was just as bad if not worse. As a result of this med, I have become well acquainted with the local Sheriffs Dept, who showed up twice to "Baker Act" me For the side-affect - suicidal thoughts."

PammiePi2 May 19, 2016

"Wish I could rate this a zero. I have always had clear skin and no problems with acne or anything, no allergies, but this made me break out in hives. My depression and anxiety worsened exponentially. Worst experience, temporarily destroyed my life"

Ash474 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

"I have constant mid-level depression and have also self medicated this with marijuana, helps a lot but only if you smoke all the time so I decided to go to the docter and right away he started me off with 100mg zoloft and I just tried this for the next month, the first 2 weeks my emotions were uncontrollable happy, sad, angry, numb, energetic, then tired. So then after the 2 weeks I didn't feel depressed really but didn't feel happy either?just a neutral feeling. So i stopped and decided medical marjiuana works better for me."

Baustin all natural April 15, 2016

"My husband has had depression and at times severe anxiety for years. He would have anxiety attacks so bad he was sure he was having a full blown heart attack every time, and his anxiety prevented him from sleeping because he was sure he would die in his sleep. His depression was bad as well, he was sure the world would be better off without him. He tried different medications but nothing really worked, some seemed to improve things a little bit but for the most part I had given up hope that any of them really do much. Then he tried Zoloft. For him, this was the one. It took the edge off after about a week, after two weeks I could definitely tell a difference. After about 6 weeks he was back to his normal self."

tini00072 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I’ve suffered from longstanding low-level depression ever since I can remember, and have often pondered with the idea of trying an antidepressant even though I stay away from medication as much as I can. Everything has worsened over the last year since my youngest, fittest sister died prematurely of breast cancer with extensive liver metastasis (or whichever came first)…I was with her for the 7 weeks after diagnosis and watched her take her last 2 breaths; this pain has become more intense lately and I would find myself crying like a baby over my little sister… My demented elderly father got a prescription for Zoloft (he must also be depressed because of my sister’s death), but since no one at his home was giving it to him I decided to give it a try! I’ve been taking 25mg (elixir) for 2 weeks and have seen a huge difference in my crying spells; I still think about my little sister, but don’t feel that overwhelming sadness as much… The first week I took the Zoloft at bedtime, but started to notice difficulty falling asleep, so now I take it in the morning…I felt no other side effects! I’m far from being a peppy, energetic person, but at least some of my suffering has been alleviated, and that’s what living is about; who needs to be in constant emotional pain!? Good luck to all!"

Camenta (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2016

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Having felt sick for the better part of the last year, many side effects of pain in my neck due to 3 bulging discs, I was recently hospitalized with heart palpitations but nothing seems to be wrong with my heart. My doctor thought I may be having depression due to all my physical pain. She started me on 25 mg of zoloft two weeks ago and increased it to 50 mg today. I'm feeling a positive change already. Not dwelling on my feelings of pain and sickness. I will continue zoloft as the side effects are minimal compared to the benefits"

T cr March 31, 2016

"I am also usually very much against taking medications especially ones that can alter your behavior but I have to say that this was a godsend. I never once considered taking a daily medication before and was very skeptical. The only reason I rated this product a 9 instead of 10 is because I experienced side effects during my first week of taking it that I was not expecting. I read that these side effects are pretty rare but they did include symptoms that were similar to flu. Before I started taking Zoloft, I was extremely anxious, shaky, nervous, and I would get into random fits and be consistently depressed. Since being on it I have felt much more calm and I feel like I have a better quality of life."

ML923753 March 25, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've been taking 50mg of this daily for 2 weeks and I'm pleasantly surprised. I've only ever taken one other medication for my depression before this so I wasn't sure what to expect. I feel "normal". I don't know how else to explain it. I'm not panicking over small things or dwelling on problems I can't fix as much. My depression and anxiety makes me kind of hot head and I snap at people out of the blue but this medication seems to be helping. The only negative side effects I've had so far are slight nausea and dry mouth. I'm going to continue to take this and I recommend talking to your doctor to see if it could possibly work for you."

DW93 (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2016

"So far this drug has saved my life. After experiencing a traumatic experience I spiralled into a heavy depression coupled with anxiety. It's only been one week and I'm no longer crying daily and the hopeless feeling is subsiding. It's also helped stopped the obsessive thoughts I've been having about the traumatic event."

Lizbee1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Zoloft has given me the last leap I need to heal my mind. I have been struggling with severe anxiety, insomnia and bouts of depression for 3 years. While I have been off work into therapy and other means of rehabilitation, for the first time in years I actually feel calmer most the time, and mostly happy. I'm so grateful. It's been trial and error and a slow process, but I know my self-care is my main priority now. See more of my story:mental-health-matters-a-womans-story-of-the-struggle. Good luck to all."

Unimatrix1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next