User Reviews for Loryna

4.2
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 1 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Loryna reviews 26 reviews 4.0

Reviews for Loryna

For Menstrual Disorders "This birth control made my life a living hell. First my emotions went out of control. I was always moody, terribly anxious, and started to become deppressed. Following this came the real reason why I am writing his review. I went on this birth control to help with my irregular and heavy periods. When the day came, I never experienced cramps so painful in my life. The only thing that I can compare it to is when I had to have an emergency appendectomy because it was about to explode. With this my period was the heaviest it has ever been and has been going on for 2 weeks now. This pill did much more harm than good for me and would never suggest it to someone."

Anonymous 12 November 27, 2016

For Acne "I have always had horrible acne. Even after a round of accutane it came back a few years later. After I had my son It got worse so I looked into yaz. My gyno was on it as well so she did make me feel more comfortable with taking it as I was very cautious due to the reviews online. I have cystic acne, I don't remember a time where I had less than 3 pimples on my face. I've been on Loryna for 6 months and my skin is clear!! Only break out (literally 1 pimple) when my period is coming or if I forget to wash my face. But 1 pimple is sooooo much better than the endless amounts I would get before yaz."

Allisoncam November 5, 2016

For Acne "I'm a sophomore. My freshman year was horrible though. I was always self-conscious about my acne. It even got to the point where I would carry a small mirror everywhere and I would just look at myself to make sure I didn't get another pimple. Both my mom and my doctor told me to go on the pill (also my period was so irregular i once got it for a whole month and then I wouldn't have it for months) but I was so scared because I thought I was going to break out so badly at the beginning. My mom got so worried about me having my period for so long that she forced me to take it. It was the best decision of my life. I advice anyone with acne problems to take it it can be scary at the beginning but please it will help you. Good luck:))"

Read this (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

For Acne "I took Loryna for two months. I didn't have any side effects except it gave me back zits! Gross. Every day a huge new one would pop up. I never had that problem with Gianvi so I switched back to Gianvi this week and zero back zits have formed. I'm sticking with Gianvi. Loryna and Gianvi have the same hormones but they are not made with the same inactive ingredients which can cause issues."

Not the same as Gianvi (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

For Acne "I really wanted to like this birth control. It cleared up my acne significantly and my period was light and around two days. Unfortunately about a month and I half into it I started itching like CRAZY. Anywhere I scratched little red bumps would come to the surface of my skin. I had no idea what was going on and thought I was allergic to my new deodorant and it took me about two weeks to decide to go to the doctor. She told me I was the second person to come in on the same BC with the same problems! She had me immediately stop taking it and the itching stopped within the next couple of days. Another note, this BC did make me extremely moody. So maybe it was for the best I was allergic to it!"

meljohnson14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 23, 2016

For Acne "I was on this for 8-9 months and it was fine until all of a sudden I had HEAVY breakthrough bleeding for almost two months straight (excluding the 6-7 days AFTER my period - then it would come back out of nowhere). After enduring this for two months, I went to by OBGYN and she prescribed me Tri-Estarylla, which doesn't have great reviews. I was fine on Loryna up until 8-9 months. Not sure what went wrong there. I will say I have been pretty depressed for several months, but as someone prone to depression, I didn't necessarily attribute that to the medication. I'll see if anything changes now that I've switched. Good luck."

Bee422 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2016

For Acne "I was given Loryna for the first time a week ago. I used to have Gianvi and I enjoyed it. I just started birth control again after having my son and done with breast feeding. And so far it's been great. The first day or two I felt a little nauseous but not too bad. And I haven't developed any new pimples since I started the pack. My sex drive seems to have gone up! Surprisingly. I like that. No side effects for me yet. So far so good."

Haole (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I started Loryna for PMDD. Started on a Sunday. By Tuesday I had 3 enormous, painful zits. By Thursday I was in severe abdominal cramping pain. Similar to period/early labor pains. By Saturday they landed me in the ER. Every lab test and ultrasound/xray was normal so the only diagnoses that made sense was the pill. I'm currently on day 9 of my period which would normally only last 5-6 days. Needless to say, it's in the trash now."

BWayneLin23 September 5, 2016

For Acne "I was a little nervous about switching to Loryna after seeing all the mixed reviews, but I am so glad I did. Within the first 2 months I already had the clearest skin I've had since childhood. Even after warning my boyfriend that I might be moody or not in the mood after switching, I saw none of these negative side effects. Medications never act the same way for every person, but this worked wonders for me."

Long Commit August 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switch from Ocella to Loryna when my doctor prescribed me Yaz. Both are generic forms of the drug. 3 weeks into my pack I became severely depressed and tired. I slept for almost 3 days straight and could barely get out of bed. My skin started to break out all over, including my neck, back, cheeks, jawline, and forehead - and I hardly ever break out."

annegirl80 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for about a year and decided to try the generic because of the cost of Yaz (about $60 a month, but had to pay $180 upfront for 90 day prescriptions). They gave me Loryna and I've only been on it for 3 weeks and I'm feeling miserable! I have extreme fatigue, irritability, moodiness and a little breast pain. I know they say to give the pill 2-3 months to work but I don't know if I can handle another 2 more months of these emotions. I've tried A LOT of generic bc pills in the last 5 years since they discontinued the one I was on and I've had problems on all of them. Sometimes those generic "inactive" or "filler" ingredients really do have an impact, be careful and wary of your side effects!! I'm going back on the brand Yaz."

NewYorkGirl10538 (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started my second pack and i am pleased so far with the product. It seems like,based on all the other reviews, this bc is either going to be excellent for you or a nightmare. Luckily, i seem to responding well. I wont lie, the first week was terrible but i knew it would be since i was switching from gildess. The first day was ok, second day i was angry third day everything made me cry, i litterally cried all day long, next day i was tired, then i was pissed again and then my hormones finally calmed down. Ive noticed my acne and blackheads have cleared up significantly, my appetite is under control and my moods are more even. I am having a small amount of breakthrough bleeding which is to be expected on a new bc pill."

Pixie12 June 22, 2016

For Acne "I've been on Yaz, BeYaz, and Gianvi, all of which did wonders for my skin. Recently I was given Loryna by my pharmacy. Not thinking anything of it, I started my pack as usual. Not only did this pill immediately give me daily cystic breakouts along my jaw/cheeks/chin, but it also introduced me to the nightmare that is back acne. Having never suffered from breakouts on my back, this caused a whole new form of embarrassment, and just in time for summer! I suffered through the pack then asked to go back to Gianvi. 2 weeks later my skin and back are clearing up beautifully. I've read multiple reviews of people having the same problem; if you notice your acne getting worse on Loryna, don't wait it out--switch back to Gianvi or name brand Yaz!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I would recommend this to anyone wanting to control hormones. I was very depressed, anxious, gained a lot of weight due to constant cravings. It's good for acne, my face was clear as it was with Yaz. I had to get my insurance to prior authorize this only to have bad side effects. Was on this for approx 8 months and gained 20 pounds from not wanting to leave the couch and bad depression/anxiety. I thought it was something else until I stopped taking it. I can't take generics, always a problem. I'm going back on Yaz, was never an issue for me, even lost weight."

Pl24 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I'm 52 with heavy long lasting periods. I was hoping for alot more results. I took it 7 mo given it a fair try. Unfortunately, it wasn't the answer. I have bad cramps its heavy, blood clots still. No sex drive, fatigue, it made me crazy and I drove my husband away. I do not recommend it."

Danika Rose Patrick (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on four different birth control pills in the past 2 years. I got on Loryna about 6 months ago, and absolutely love it. It has completely gotten rid of my acne, and my periods are only 2 days now, with very little/ almost no cramps or pain. I used to have terrible breakouts, and nothing would prevent or help them. This birth control cleared my skin up the 2nd week I was on it, and I have had maybe a few zits here and there (3 or 4) but they usually go away right away. Other birth control pills gave me mood swings, messed with my periods, or made my acne worse. So glad when I switched to a new doctor, she put me on this. It is the best!"

LL_1234 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 7, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience on Loryna has not been a good one. I originally had been on Yaz and Beyaz and had no issues at all! I thought they were miracle pills! I'm in my late thirties and wanted a birth control to help with my moods, breakouts, and period. Unfortunately, Loryna did the opposite for me. After five months of taking it I have decided to stop. I had bleeding for 2 months straight, acne breakouts on my chest, back, and face. And a ton of pain! As if my uterus was contracting constantly. I finished my last pack/pill and have stopped. Within 2 days of stopping, the bleeding stopped, the pain is gone and my skin is clearing up. I'm not sure why this happened but I'm finding generic birth controls are different from the brand. It's frustrating!"

Jp325 January 23, 2016

For Birth Control "So I started bc yesterday... no joke I'm hormonal as heck! Even typing this makes me want to cry. I mean I'm a small woman 21, 4"11 and I kind of expected to be like this. My doctor said it tricks my brain into thinking its preagnant so that certain part of my body stop working. Like in this case the inflammation that causes my deadly cramps. Now I'm new to this whole birth control but I think its normal to feel sad and gain weight and all that because of what women go through during pregnancy so though it makes me feel super tired its kind of a good thing cause get this, I'm an insomniac haha. These mood swings are laughable - when I catch myself crying because I didn't share my sandwhich with my two dogs. Long story short I'm hoping this works"

ImAMidget (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Age 15 before pill, now 21. Pill was originally called Gianvi. Before starting, periods were painful and heavy. I was unable to wear tampons, and had to change pads almost every hour. I had moderate acne, the type that never "turned white". Large cyst-like zits on my forehead. Back was broken out. This pill completely cleared my skin, and made periods manageable. Instead of bleeding for an entire week, I would bleed for a few days, and not as heavily. I got my period at the same time every month. Unfortunately, I did loose 2 cup sizes. I began a relationship with my boyfriend shortly after starting the pill and have never gotten pregnant. Recently stopped the pill to try the patch, because I am forgetful. Big mistake."

Marisammm (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 6, 2016

For Acne "I have suffered from acne for years. I've tried almost everything and nothing seemed to work so My dermatologist put me on loryna. The good thing about loryna is it did help with my acne. I would still get the Ocassional pimple but my break outs weren't as bad as they were before. The bad thing about Loryna is it made me gain a lot of weight and gave me horrible mood swings. It made me obsessed with food. I would be extremely hungry throughout the day and get anxious if I didn't get the chance to eat when I wanted. Also it made me so much more irritable. I would get mad very easily and snap at people. I ended up going off of the pill because although it helped with my acne, the weight gain and mood swings weren't worth it"

Shakansna December 18, 2015

For Acne "I started birth control because I was sexually active. I started using Ortho Tri Cyclen, but 2 years after using, I began having very bad Cystic Acne. At this point I was no longer sexually active but needed a bc to help my acne problem. My doctor recommended Yaz and my pharmacy gave my Loryna because it was in my insurance budget. After 2 months of taking this pill consistently, my acne stayed the same, I also started to experience stomach discomfort and bad migraines atleast 2x a week. Now on the 3rd month, my acne is the worst it's ever been, same with my migraines. I also have gained 11lbs since the first month I started Loryna (& I'm a VERY active person). It is very discouraging. Any advice?"

Amandalynn30 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "I love Loryna! I've always had extremely heavy periods, and the pain was so overbearing for years. I used to go a week to two weeks. I had them much more so than the average period... like I would go 10 days after I stopped bleeding and then start for another week or so again. I've tried several different pills and they've either made no difference or managed to mess me up more. Loryna is wonderful though! my doctor told me the first month may not show improvement, which was true.. but she said after the second month it should work and it did! my periods are so light, I honestly feel like I spot throughout the whole thing. AND they only last 6 days at most which is a huge improvement for me. I rarely cramp and when I do it's nothing.. :)"

sav123097 November 3, 2015

For Birth Control "It completely worked for birth control. Even if I forgot to take it for a couple days, I never had a pregnancy. But the past 2 1/2 years i started to break out badly and I would feel a pain in the opening of my vagina during sex. It literally felt like I had a cut in a certain spot. I had it checked out immediately by my gynecologist and he couldn't figure it out. I stopped sex for up to a month to see if it was something that needed to heal and it never went away. It was so painful I would almost cry every time and it made me scared to have sex. I never once thought it could be the pill but I recently stopped taking it just to take a break and that pain went away in a week! And I also got pregnant within a month of stopping too."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 2, 2015

For Birth Control "Does what its intended to do!"

Kath484 January 22, 2015

For Birth Control "WEIRD - was on Yaz (brand name) for over a year and had absolutely no issues. Switched to the generic version and was given Loryna. Quickly I started to get TONS of freckles all over my body (very odd side effect). In addition my legs started swelling. It is different than Yaz!"

BC Review (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2014