User Reviews for Loryna

Birth Control
4.9

Summary of Loryna reviews 4.9 69 reviews

Reviews for Loryna

"However I have read that Loryna is approved for the treatment of acne and pregnancy prevention, but not for PMDD. The brand name Yaz had been approved to treat all three conditions and the generic is not much of a difference to the brand name. I just started Loryna for severe PMS Symptoms and to regulate my heavy or prolonged as well as painful periods. I get Loryna are Walgreens pharmacy and I happen to be in my second week, losing a lot of fluid retention. However I have read that Loryna is approved for the treatment of acne and pregnancy prevention, but not for PMDD. The brand name Yaz had been approved to treat all three conditions and the generic is not much of a difference to the brand name."

AshleyN30 December 11, 2018

"I am currently finishing my 3rd pack of Loryna and it is the absolute worse generic brand I have been on. I have taken both Vestura and Nikki and on both of these I had no side effects whatsoever. Now on Loryna I have had break through bleeding for OVER 2 weeks, constant pain and irritability and my acne (which I have not had a break out in over 2 years) is back. I am switching over to Gianvi now and am hoping for better results."

Hay December 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 2 1/2 years. It was great the entire time I was on it, up until the last 3 months. Before these last 3 months, my acne breakouts were greatly reduced, my period would last 5-8 days with no pain, cramps, or a very heavy flow. I had no mood swings, headaches, or anything of that nature. I don’t remember if there was any initial weight gain, but I’ve been in the same 10 pound weight fluctuation over the duration of taking this birth control. There were a few times I didn’t have protected sex and out of those few times I never got pregnant. I would give it a 10 if it weren’t for these last 3 months, where my period has slowly turned into a longer duration (the only change). My last period was almost 3 weeks long (no pain, just a LONG, heavy flow). But I used to love this medication. I would recommend it with warning!"

kc (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have used this for about 6 months now. It definitely helped with making my periods lighter and a lot less painful. They went from being irregular and lasting 7 or more days to only lasting about 4 days with barely any cramps. The only downside of this is that it defiantly affected my mood and I’ve felt more anxious and depressed since being on this, so I will be switching to a different brand."

K97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for a little over a year now. It has balanced my mood, the placebo pills give me a short & light period usually 4 days long, it cleared up my acne quite a bit, with the exception of the week before I bleed, I’ll get a minor breakout. For the 14 months I’ve been on Loryna, 7 of those months I had irregular spotting every other month or so. I did not experience any body soreness that I’ve experienced on other BC pills, no sore breasts or sore muscles. I also did not experience any nausea on this BC."

Em (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "It upsets me to see all these horrible reviews because I have had little to no problems on this birth control. I have been taking this pill for 6 months, my skin is great, my period is short and light, and I have had no nausea with it. I do have occasional mood swings, but nothing horrible. I highly suggest this brand."

Olivia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

For Acne "My dermatologist put me on this medication so I can start accutane (you can't get pregnant on accutane), my cystic acne is really bad and it seems to be getting worse. I’ve been on this for about two weeks and I’m having a mental breakdown. I quit DEPO (birth control) at the beginning of the year since I’ve been on it all my life and I’ve never dealt with hormonal issues. Today was TERRIBLE, I’ve done nothing but cry all day nonstop and the slightest thing makes me super emotional. Everything makes me wanna cry, my boyfriend had to rush over here just to check on me. Today was a really bad episode for me idk if it’s because I took it on an empty stomach but today is completely the pits guess I’ll try again tomorrow"

Danielle September 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Loryna for approximately 4 months, within the first week I had horrible mood swings, almost like there was a monkey on my back at all times. I have also been dealing with headaches almost daily since I started these pills so excedrine is always nearby. I thought I would give my body time to adjust to the new hormones but to no avail. I have absolutely no energy and want to sleep all day and have no issues sleeping at night. I have been on birth control for roughly 19 years and have never experienced this with any other birth control before. So now on to figure out what avenue to go down next."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Birth Control "The nausea is intolerable. I’ve tried everything, taking with food, taking it at bedtime. It makes me feel so sick. I’ve had to take a pregnancy test twice because it feels exactly like being pregnant."

So much nausea (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Loyrna for 6 months now and I'm 90% positive this is what is making me feel nauseous. I've been eating healthy and even try taking my bc with food but everyday I'm so nauseous to the point where I barely want to eat and the smell of food makes me want to get sick. I'm switching back to Lo Loestrin Fe . It did help my acne but it isn't worth it!"

kenziefox August 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I got switched to Loryna from Yaz because my insurance wanted to pay for the generic version instead. Everything Yaz did successfully, Loryna does not. I can't believe this drug is on the market, and they say it is the same - it seems to do nothing. I have spotting every month for 2 weeks at a time. Where Yaz helped stabilize my moods, one of the notable reasons I knew Yaz worked was because it resulted in breast growth/tenderness, and Loryna creates no change. So I feel like Loryna is a placebo. I am thankful I'm not relying on Loryna for birth control as I shudder to think how ineffectual that would be."

poppyseed11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken two other kinds of birthcontrol that gave me negative side effects so decided to switch to Loryna which worst decision of my life! The first week I had terrible nausea and couldn’t eat anything and I have also been dealing with depression, bad mood swings, low energy, headaches, and irritability. It did make me lose weight but there’s no way I’m staying on it due to all of the other side effects. If you’ve had issues with other kinds, this is ten times worse."

AT (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Loryna for 3 months. There were no symptoms up until the second pack, I had heavy mood swings, got really mad at little things, became very impatient. I had never had period cramps before birth control, and when my period comes, I get painful cramps, lower back pain and headaches. People started noticing why I wasn’t “being myself.” I’m switching because I feel miserable. But my skin looks so healthy. You can’t base your experience with birth control with all of these reviews, because everyone will react differently."

Anonymous August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on Loryna for about a year and a half! I started taking it because of extremely painful periods and as a form of protection. Before, I would have to stay home for the first three days of my period because the cramps would be so bad that I couldn’t move and I’d cry for most of the day and sometimes vomit. Taking pain meds did not help. After going on Loryna, the cramps didn’t get that much better. But I was at least able to go places and they only lasted about a day and a half. I was also able to get more relief through pain meds. So it did make it more bearable and I also had no pregnancy scares so that’s good! But I also became extremely emotional at all times, as in crying at basically everything, so that was kinda annoying. I didn’t experience any other side effects though. I ultimately had to go off it because I just couldn’t remember to take it every day lol"

Grace (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 8, 2018

For Acne "Started taking this pill 3 days ago to help clear up my acne and almost immediately I was hit with immense nausea that left me bedridden for 2 days. Today I thought I was feeling better so I tried to workout again this morning but had to bail early because the nausea, and lack of energy left me crumpled on the floor. Going to the doctor today to change pills, even if this was a miracle pill that got rid of all my problems it’s definitely not worth going through all this suffering."

Jane (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I was taking Nikki for almost a year and was having a great luck. Less PMS, little to no bleeding every month, no acne, much less migraines. Pharmacy switched me to Loryna and my migraines began almost immediately. I now have 10 migraines a month, fatigue, PMS and major bleeding. I am now struggling to find a pharmacy that carries Nikki tabs. I have had to start taking migraine prevention pills."

Unhappy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Since they discontinued vestura, they switched me ( without my prior knowledge) to Loryna. My anxiety is higher and I have about 5-8 pounds of water weight/bloat that I can't get rid of. I'm no saint with eating but I can usually reduce calories and be back at my normal weight- not now. I'm calling my doctor today; I've been on it three months and it hasn't gotten any better."

LauraG (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "This is the first BC I have ever taken and I’m generally pleased with it. I started when I was 18 to regulate my periods and clear my skin. PROS I literally never feel the need to have to wear make up anymore because my skin is always so clear. This is huge because I have struggled with acne for a very long time. My periods are very normal with no cramping or PMS (sometimes slight mood swings). I typically do not use condoms and have not had any scares. CONS the only things I have noticed is weight gain, and the first couple months of taking it I had extreme pain/cramping in my legs in the middle of the night but that has stopped. Also in the first few months my eyes were sensitive and irritated from my contacts but that has also gone away. Overall I think it takes getting used to and it’s different for everyone, but I have had a very positive experience so far and plan to continue using this brand"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 3, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Just got on this pill, most people said they felt super sick almost immediately (I’ve felt sick right away on other BC’s) and I’m fine. Appetite is the same, slight headache the first night but nothing I couldn’t deal with. I’m hoping this pill works for me but I have good feelings about it. Will update later."

Z (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on a generic form of Yaz for about 3 years. I have switched from Vestura, to Nikki, and then to Loryna. Once on Loryna, I noticed my hair began to lose life and then ultimately began to drastically thin. I do NOT recommend this product."

Bo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2018

For Acne "I never thought I’d see the day where I could leave the house without any makeup on and feel confident and beautiful! I started my third pack this morning and noticed a transformation to my skin by the end of the first pack. I was definitely a bit nervous to start this medication because of the many negative reviews, but every body is different. My periods have always been on the lighter side and I’ve never experienced any side effects from other birth controls in the past (Kariva/Azurette, Ortho Tri-Cyclen) besides some breakthrough bleeding, which could be why I am doing well on this one too. But anyone suffering from acne should 100% try this out. It’s also seemed to help control oil production. I’ve never had skin like this, and it feels amazing to be able to look someone in the eyes because I’m no longer terrified they’re staring at my acne. For reference, I’m 21 years old and have been dealing with grade 2 acne/oily skin since 4th grade."

Em (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst form of birth control. Ever since I started taking this Sunday (it is now Wednesday) I have had migraine headaches, extremely nauseous and vomiting after every thing I eat, after forcing myself to eat for energy; even though I am not hungry. The upside is I have lost 3 lbs in 4 days! Someone told me it is just my body getting use to it?!? I’m not sure if I believe that as I have never had any side effects like this with other pills."

T (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time on BC, I am 19 and it has worked really well so far! I have had unprotected sex a few times and no surprises yet! I did have mood swings the first week I was on it, I cried at literally almost anything, but I think that was just my body getting used to it because I haven’t had any since. The second pack my acne cleared up a little bit and I am now almost done with my third pack and my acne is flaring up again but I hope it will go away altogether within the next 3 packs - that’s what most reviews I’ve seen says that it takes about 6 months. Reading the reviews before I began this pill made me very scared but this pill has worked very well for me!"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a little over two months ago, and let me just say there are definitely side effects but all GOOD!! I never had horrible skin but since I began taking this my skin is more clear than ever. Even some facial hair has stopped growing! All my co workers rave about how great my skin is. As far as other side effects the first few days I was very tired and slight headache but THAT'S IT!! And it went away after the first week absolutely no side effects! I was so nervous about starting this birth control as I have never taken birth control and reading these reviews scared me. Also there is no change in my sex drive and no vaginal dryness! I get married in a few months and I’m so happy the first birth control I’ve tried is actually perfect for my body!"

Marcy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I feel like I am pregnant.... With a girl. Horrible fatigue, terrible acne, nausea/vomiting, headaches, body aches, no energy, no sex drive, and depressed. I was fine before I started taking this pill."

Awful (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018