User Reviews for Loryna

5.4

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

Summary of Loryna reviews 5.1 55 reviews

Reviews for Loryna

For Birth Control "This is by far the worst form of birth control. Ever since I started taking this Sunday (it is now Wednesday) I have had migraine headaches, extremely nauseous and vomiting after every thing I eat, after forcing myself to eat for energy; even though I am not hungry. The upside is I have lost 3 lbs in 4 days! Someone told me it is just my body getting use to it?!? I’m not sure if I believe that as I have never had any side effects like this with other pills."

T (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Birth Control "This is my first time on BC, I am 19 and it has worked really well so far! I have had unprotected sex a few times and no surprises yet! I did have mood swings the first week I was on it, I cried at literally almost anything, but I think that was just my body getting used to it because I haven’t had any since. The second pack my acne cleared up a little bit and I am now almost done with my third pack and my acne is flaring up again but I hope it will go away altogether within the next 3 packs - that’s what most reviews I’ve seen says that it takes about 6 months. Reading the reviews before I began this pill made me very scared but this pill has worked very well for me!"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I started this birth control a little over two months ago, and let me just say there are definitely side effects but all GOOD!! I never had horrible skin but since I began taking this my skin is more clear than ever. Even some facial hair has stopped growing! All my co workers rave about how great my skin is. As far as other side effects the first few days I was very tired and slight headache but THAT'S IT!! And it went away after the first week absolutely no side effects! I was so nervous about starting this birth control as I have never taken birth control and reading these reviews scared me. Also there is no change in my sex drive and no vaginal dryness! I get married in a few months and I’m so happy the first birth control I’ve tried is actually perfect for my body!"

Marcy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I feel like I am pregnant.... With a girl. Horrible fatigue, terrible acne, nausea/vomiting, headaches, body aches, no energy, no sex drive, and depressed. I was fine before I started taking this pill."

Awful (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this for less than 2 years. It cleared my acne and had no bad side effects until about a year and a half in. I couldn’t breathe and had horrible chest pain. Couldn’t walk 2 minutes without having to sit down and catch my breath. I am 21 years old and have never had a kid or miscarriage. It formed a saddle pulmonary embolism in my lungs and I was in the ICU. I was told I would have died if I would’ve gone in a day later. I am now having to take a life threatening blood thinner 2x a day. Don’t take Loryna."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders "I’ve been on this since late 2016. The doctor told me I can skip placebo weeks for up to 3 months. So I did that and started spotting so I took it down to 2 months. Things were ok for a year but coming into 2018 I started spotting in between periods. Like non stop pink discharge. And I don’t know if I’ve always had them but I noticed tiny spider veins in my leg. I’m tan so you can barely see them but I notice them. I went to the doctor and told him my issues and he said to keep doing what I’m doing. So I said hell no, transferred all my records to an OBGYN office and hopefully getting an IUD on Monday. But I’ve heard horrible side effects on this pill. It has both estrogen and progesterone which can really cause issues but here’s what I experienced: weight loss, clearer skin, much higher sex drive. Literally the only issue is my spotting and the one spider vein. I’m so sorry for everyone who has apparently been through hell on this. I had great side effects"

Berry (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "After two months my daughter is having a severe adverse reaction. She has had CT, MRI and now being treated by a cardiologist for long term monitoring due to her risk of blood clotting and heart/stroke related symptoms. This is a very dangerous drug - and for what? Acne and PMDD? Please research before taking. Stop immediately with ANY adverse side effects."

Mom who cares (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on this BC for three months (they tell you to wait three months to test it out). The first month consisted of horrible mood swings and headaches. For the past two months I have been bleeding brown blood discharge daily, and my acne has gotten ten times worse. I had acne before I started Loryna but by the third month mark I had cystic acne on my chest and back. PAINFUL acne. I am going to my gyno tomorrow to switch."

amandapanda101 January 23, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders "The good: I started taking Loryna about 6 weeks ago. I have endometriosis. I have since had one menstrual cycle that was normal and virtually painless (yay!) Concerns: Anyone experienced dizziness or slight vertigo more easily after starting this pill? I have been on a few different BC pills for 20 years, but I don't quite remember this feeling. Looking down at something I'm reading or doing downward dog pose repeatedly or for longer durations makes me feel dizzy and nauseous. My breasts are tender and sore (that took 5 weeks to kick in!) and my face is breaking out all of a sudden. If you've taken this and had dizziness/nausea easily, please let me know what you did to help stop it! Or whether I should stop the pill?"

MtnClimber January 21, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders "I have been on this pill for over a year now. I have not had any negative side effects. No cramping or spotting or any weight gain. My bra size went from a 32B to a 32D, can't complain about that. I have endometriosis, and my periods without this pill were a painful nightmare. I was fainting due to the severity of my cramps, I was also vomiting due to the pain. I became anemic due to it too, but since going on this pill it is a breeze. I usually skip the inactive pills and just not have a period, but when I do it is about 3-4 days long with moderate cramping. Not as bad as before. I have no complaints or problems."

MayBrynn January 14, 2018

For Birth Control "It took me a few tries to get the right birth control for my body and once I found Loryna, it was perfect! All my acne disappeared, I went from an AA cup to a B cup in bra size, and it made my painful and irregular periods go away and make them bearable and regular. I never had any mood swings, just normal PMS like everyone has. Slight weight gain but it went away after a month. This pill also goes well with anxiety medication I take so I highly recommend it."

paulaleeman (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I've had no noticable symptoms while on Loryna. I've been on it for a few years now."

Rbbeag (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2017

For Acne "I’ve been on Loryna for a couple of years now (maybe 3 or 4?). I absolutely LOVE this pill for controlling my acne. It is the only other thing besides daily antibiotics (doxycycline) that have controlled my acne. I tried Sprintec prior to this and it did nothing for my acne. Short term, I have had no side effects from Loryna. No weight gain, no extreme mood swings, nothing. My only complaint and reason for considering switching is that after taking this long term, I recently developed spider veins on my thighs. I have NEVER had such a thing so it was very concerning as I am only 25 and in very good health, and as I know there are increased risks for DVT while taking this drug. Recently the areas on my thigh where the spider veins developed have become somewhat painful at work (as I stand all day). I attribute the development of the spider veins directly to Loryna as this is only medication I have taken the past couple years. It is such a shame because I absolutely love what it has done for my skin (flawless even during the time around my period), but the veins cause a large concern for me so I am heavily considering switching. Overall, I love Loryna for the shorter term, however if you plan to be on it for a few years, it may be concerning. I also know someone else who was on Gianvi (another generic for Yaz) and the same thing happened to her regarding spider/varicose veins."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 2, 2017

For Acne "I just stopped taking Loryna today. I came to this feed before I started taking it hoping that I would be one of the lucky ones to actually benefit from this birth control. Unfortunately, it's only been a little more than a week and a half and for the past week I have had chronic heart burn. Burning in my chest. Burning in my stomach. And this may be TMI but I'm constantly burping and feeling nauseous. It just doesn't seem worth it to me to stay on this birth control if I'm going to feel terrible every day I'm on it. Going to be switching to another generic version of Yaz or going to switch to the name brand. It does do wonders for your skin. I feel upset to even stop for that reason, but I just want to feel normal again"

Nicki87124 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

For Acne "This is my first time on BC so I don’t really have anything to compare it to. It made me throw up when I first started taking it but I found that if I took it at night with food I had no problems with getting sick. Helped my acne a ton! Did get pretty crazy mood swings though."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "I LOVE LORYNA This is the only birth control where I feel great & it regulates my periods on time everytime. The flow is always super light! I will say that I gained a good amount of weight on this pill, but who doesn't gain wait on birth control in general??"

MimiCita (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been taking Yaz for about 10 years, a few years ago I was given Loryna as a generic for Yaz and didn't think anything of it assuming it should be the same. While taking the generic I experienced extremely heavy periods that would last at least a week with a lot of blood clots. Typically my period is extremely light/no blood clots and lasts 3 days. I became very emotional and had drastic mood swings. Eventually my heavy period came and then didn't leave for an entire month, this made me realize the only thing that had changed was switching to generic Yaz. Once I switched back to yaz all these symptoms stopped. I ONLY get Yaz now."

Anonymous October 23, 2017

For Acne "I have never written one of these before, but my results have been amazing so I had to share! I was on Yaz for about 9 years to treat my acne, but it never, in 9 years cleared my skin! I struggled with cystic acne mainly on my chin and forehead and literally always had a pimple on my face. After starting Loryna, my skin began to clear up! Now I'm about to start my third pack and my skin is completely clear! I literally get like one pimple right before my period but its gone before my period is even over. I have no side effects. This has seriously changed my life and it's so worth a try!"

A! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

For Acne "I've been using Loryna for about 4 years and it has done wonders for my acne. I used to have cystic acne all over my face and I haven't have cystic acne in several months. I think I only had one flare up over the past year and a half. I was planned to go on Accutane, so glad I didn't. Haven't gotten pregnant either. Win win!"

JessBB October 12, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "I had such a horrible experience with this Birth control. The first week was fine. Week 2 to month 2 I bled the entire time and it wasn't break through bleeding it was full on period for two months. As soon as I stopped it within 4 days I completely stopped bleeding. I only give it two stars because it helped my light acne. This birth control is horrible for trying to regulate or stop periods."

CRivs85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "I switched from lo loestrin Fe, because it made me stop having periods and made me nervous that I was pregnant because I didn't get my period. I switched to loryna and my periods came back and weren't irregular anymore, fairly light and less cramps. I have barely any acne besides some occasional acne on my backside. I've been having mood swings, low and high periods that last a week or so. It started affecting my relationship in a negative way and I've had more anxiety attacks than I did without it. Didn't make me gain weight at all, although it did make my depression a bit worse. I recommend this birth control but advise to be careful and if you notice it taking a toll on your mental health then switch. I've haven't switched yet"

Natralala September 20, 2017

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I recently started taking birth control for my PMDD and this is my second pack (Gianvi with my 1st, Loryna for the 2nd). I'm also diagnosed with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) with Panic Disorder and depressive symptoms. When I was taking Gianvi, I had no anxiety, mood swings, a short period that lasted 4 days (it used to be 7-9), and my relationship around people, especially my boyfriend, is stable. It's only been my third week of using Loryna, and my anxiety and depression is back, I break out easily, I've been feeling this terrible ache in my lower abdomen, and I've been constantly arguing with my boyfriend. I'm definitely calling my doctor to change prescriptions!!!"

Irritated and Achy (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I started Loryna about 3 and a half weeks ago. I was preparing for an IVF embryo transfer. I wanted to select Yaz as the birth control to prepare for my transfer, but learned Yaz is no longer on the market. This should have been my first clue that a generic form of a drug that was off the market might still not be safe. I started taking Lornya. About a week and a half of taking it, I felt a pain in my calf. The pain intensified to the point I could hardly walk. I decided to check on this and it was found that I formed a blood clot behind my knee. I was advised to stop Loryna immediately. I now have to take 2 shots a day of blood thinners for 3 to 6 months. I also think my IVF will be cancelled because of this. No history of blood clots."

BobbieLouise August 6, 2017

For Acne "HORRIBLE experience w Loryna. Took it for acne, on the 3rd week and my skin is as bad as it was on the Mirena IUD. Giving me terrible anxiety and mood swings. The acne is killing me"

shln August 1, 2017

For Acne "I initially gave this drug an unfair review. I began having panic attacks and Relationship OCD about my boyfriend, emptiness, etc. and I've never thought bad things about him prior to taking birth control. I had a hip surgery two months after being on this medication, so my negative side effects probably came from the pain medicine as well as my BC. I'm taking a month off of it, just to see if I can mentally bounce back (so far I've been so much better, only 3 days after I finished my pack). I may continue this BC after my next surgery in December, so if you have any symptoms don't panic, just go talk to your doctor! every woman is different, My mom and sister both didn't tolerate the pill at all either, so just try it out and talk to your doctor!"

18 year old girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017