User Reviews for Loryna

3.6
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Loryna reviews 49 reviews 3.8

Reviews for Loryna

For Birth Control "I started Loryna about 3 and a half weeks ago. I was preparing for an IVF embryo transfer. I wanted to select Yaz as the birth control to prepare for my transfer, but learned Yaz is no longer on the market. This should have been my first clue that a generic form of a drug that was off the market might still not be safe. I started taking Lornya. About a week and a half of taking it, I felt a pain in my calf. The pain intensified to the point I could hardly walk. I decided to check on this and it was found that I formed a blood clot behind my knee. I was advised to stop Loryna immediately. I now have to take 2 shots a day of blood thinners for 3 to 6 months. I also think my IVF will be cancelled because of this. No history of blood clots."

BobbieLouise August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "HORRIBLE experience w Loryna. Took it for acne, on the 3rd week and my skin is as bad as it was on the Mirena IUD. Giving me terrible anxiety and mood swings. The acne is killing me"

shln August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I initially gave this drug an unfair review. I began having panic attacks and Relationship OCD about my boyfriend, emptiness, etc. and I've never thought bad things about him prior to taking birth control. I had a hip surgery two months after being on this medication, so my negative side effects probably came from the pain medicine as well as my BC. I'm taking a month off of it, just to see if I can mentally bounce back (so far I've been so much better, only 3 days after I finished my pack). I may continue this BC after my next surgery in December, so if you have any symptoms don't panic, just go talk to your doctor! every woman is different, My mom and sister both didn't tolerate the pill at all either, so just try it out and talk to your doctor!"

18 year old girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After taking Loryna, I was diagnosed with blood clots on my lungs, causing a pulmonary embolism. This caused my heart to go into overdrive. I had shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, and chest pain. I was in the hospital for 3 days and now on blood thinners for 6 months minimum. I just got home today."

Mp902 July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "If I could give this generic a 0 I would. I began birth control (Apri to loryna) for my chest acne but it isn't helping. I switched from Apri to loryna because of an emptiness, as though I felt like I was dead inside. However, Loryna has made it worse!!! It was fine the first couple months, but as I started my 3rd pack, I began having anxiety attacks (never had them) and a worse feeling of emptiness. I'm constantly overthinking everything, and little things bug me so much more than usual! I had hip surgery during my last pack, so maybe the other drugs I took were causing my body to freak out, but that should have no affect for this month. I'm 19 and I'm concerned it will affect my relationship with my boyfriend soon!"

AlexisB8231999 July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. Face is absolutely clear, weight is constant, sex drive is amazing, periods are light, PMS is a little higher than usual but nothing excessive. The only thing I worry about is anxiety has increased, but so have other factors in my life that could cause increased anxiety so I don't want to blame it solely on BC. I've been on this birth contol for 2.5 years now- no complaints! However, probably looking into an IUD very soon...Easier for my busy lifestyle. If you take a pill I would recommend this! Makes me sad it has such a low rating."

AleKC July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I tried to take beyaz again which was the only birthcontrol I liked ever. My insurance refuses to cover it, so I figured a yaz generic would be similiar enough. I FIRMLY BELIEVE WHATS IN THIS GENERIC IS NOT AT ALL THE SAME AS THE ORIGINAL. How could the same exact medicine affect me so negatively. I took this for two weeks and felt like I was physically having a panic attack all the time. I got this to help me during my hardest time of period. (right before I get it) and spent these past two weeks losing my mind. I do not even believe the positive reviews on this site are legitimate. I was tired, hungry, nauseous and unable to do my daily tasks. No sex drive. I tried taking it at night to combat these negative things. No escape. Don't take it"

life ruiner (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I literally could not rate this any lower. It's the first birth control pill I've taken that didn't improve my periods. I've gone back to having irregular, long periods, just like before the pill. I've also gained a significant amount of weight and had mood swings and a heavily decreased sex drive. It just didn't work for me AT ALL."

tgrubb (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been taking BC pills for nearly 20 years to help regulate my cycles and ease the horrible cramping and mood swings. My insurance stopped covering the pill I was on previously, so I switched to Loryna. I liked the idea of only having 4 placebo pills compared with the 7 in my last brand. Pros of this pill? My sex drive was through the roof, and it felt like a love-potion for me and my guy "

Brown-Eyed Girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started using birth control for heavy periods senior year of high school. I first used enkysence and it gave me bad nausea and horrible acne. I switched to this and I am on my fourth pack. It keeps my periods lighter and doesn't make me break out. The only problem I have had is if I don't take it within two hours of the time I take it everyday I will start having light bleeding. I don't get nausea and only had mood swings the first week."

Isabel32 June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "This medicine is by far the worst literally. Instead of help it makes me feel really tired a lot of nausea and vomiting"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was very concerned after reading the reviews for this birth control. My doctor had me switch to this birth control after I had been experiencing bad side effects from Blisovi. I have to say that this has so far been the best experience I've had so far with any birth control. My skin has cleared up beautifully, and it has been glowing because of this. Not only that, but also I have had the easiest periods with no cramping. I didn't experience any mood changes except for the first week on this pill as my body got used to it. It's important to remember that most people who do have great experiences with a drug wouldn't think to write a review on it. That being said, everyone's bodies are different. I recommend giving this pill a try."

Legzzzz June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "This medicine is a nightmare. On it for 7 years after the second year my sex drive vanished and it became a chore. My cycle was normal. My spouse and I were fighting over the most ridiculous things. I was blaming him even when it was totally my fault. The moods affected my work, I lost a chance at a promotion, which I blamed my husband for. Now he convinced me to go to marriage counselling and after a few weeks she started talking about medicine . I did not want to take any mood medicine. I was advised to see my gynecologist about stopping the Yaz / Loreyna . After two weeks of being off it I was feeling great I was happy about things again. I was not having arguments . I even felt feelings I Had not in years. I feel normal again. Avoid this "

Meganb44 June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on Loryna for 6 years now. I also have been on birth control since I was 17 and now 26, with no breaks. I have no periods ever or spotting. My face is clear normally. No weight gain at all, I lose weight more than gain. I have read mixed reviews about this birth control, it can be good or bad. I have had no problems with the pill unless I forget to take it one day then I may breakout with pimples. I enjoy this birth control due to no problems. I recommend trying it, if it does not work get off of it. Most birth controls are not good for you anyways its not healthy, but being a woman we all need it for many different reasons."

Anonymous May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This pill made me admit myself in the hospital. I've been on and off bc pills for a while because I never really found one that helped my acne and the side effects were usually depression and mood swings. My doctor prescribed Loryna to me for my blemishes and back acne and it was wonderful for the first two months seeing that my skin started glowing within the first week!! I also lost weight bc of a little nausea but that was nothing to me. Headaches began after the first month but I knew they would go away soon as they did. So everything seemed to be perfect until I woke up suddenly one early morning with severe, awful, terrible stomach pain and thought I was going to DIE on the toilet in cold sweats. It's in the trash now."

NaturalBeauty8779311 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for about a month. What I loved about it is I felt great on it -periods were light, my headaches I had from previous bc were gone, I lost weight and even felt more balanced mood wise on this pill. I loved it. Then all of a sudden I got a breakout of eczema under my armpits. I have never had issue with eczema in my life. It was embarrassing because my armpits itched all the time. It also spread to my legs all of a sudden. My general doctor got some cream to put on it and it still was not clearing up after 3 weeks. I decided to switch back to my previous bc and within 2 days the eczema started to feel better and eventually cleared. I am not sure what I was allergic to in that medication but it didn't like me."

lisabonet April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. Seriously, just don't. It's poison. I have PCOS and was prescribed Yaz back in high school (I am 24 now, so 8+ years later). Yaz made me an emotional disaster, even having suicidal thoughts and fits of rage. I went on Lo-Estrin & had great results, before discontinuing after 5 years. Fast forward to now, and my new doctor prescribed me this. It was worse than Yaz. I would cry for hours at a time. I was so anxious and irritable. I was absolutely awful to my partner. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy, 0/10"

Sarah T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "So far I've only been on Loryna for a month now but I think I need to find a new brand. I was prescribed this because my acne has been terrible for the past 6 months and since going on it nothing has gotten any better in fact my chin actually looks worse. However, my biggest problem is the mood changes. I snap at everything and I'm always angry. I'm never like this, I've always had an amazing relationship with my parents and since going on the pill they've threatened to kick me out because of how bad my mood has been. Additionally, since going on the pill I've had my period the entire month, I'm not sure if that is normal or not but I'm tired of all the negative side effects."

Find another BC March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had very bad PMDD and Loryna cleared all my symptoms including; awful headaches, acne, severe mood swings, literally the whole package. I've been on it for three years and it has been great. I am also sexually active and have had no scares. I start my pill pack on a Tuesday and I never have my period on a weekend. It's amazing!"

Best BC for me (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC for a month now, the first week was a little bumpy with emotions. I highly recommend giving it a week before making your decision on whether or not to stick with it. I'm back to my normal self now, I feel good and don't notice any side effects what-so-ever. My face is clear, sex drive normal. Overall, highly satisfied with this birth control."

siemor February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking loryna a year and a half ago. It significantly helped my moods and my periods were lighter and a lot less painful. I even managed to lose 15 lbs without doing anything. After the first three months I noticed that my hair was falling out and it was dry and lifeless. It was so bad I had to cut it down from my waist up to my chin. After a year of dealing with that I looked online for causes and noticed birth control could cause hair loss. So I looked to see if people had similar problems on loryna, and they sure did. So I've just got it switched. Hoping for the best now."

MissRoachie (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far so good! The first few days were a bit rough, I experienced some mood swings and negative thoughts, and some wild dreams, even a few pimples showed up. It seems the side effects have subsided and my body is starting to get used to it. I would definitely recommend trying it and giving it a few days, you'll start to feel like your normal self again."

Anneis February 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I highly dislike this BC! My doctor prescribed me Loryna because I have PCOS causing irregular periods. So I decided to try so that I can regulate my period & it has been hell! I have been really emotional, literally crying about everything. I get really crazy break downs to where I'll sit in my car & cry for almost an hour. I fight with my husband over the most stupid things. & I over think about everything. Because of being depressed I turned to marijuana to cope. It is not me to feel depressed or to feel as if I wanna hurt myself. & the first time I got my period my cramps were so painful to where I didn't want to move. I had a huge blood clot that came out which never happens. Ever since taking this pill my face has been covered in acne"

mvbgx January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "This birth control made my life a living hell. First my emotions went out of control. I was always moody, terribly anxious, and started to become deppressed. Following this came the real reason why I am writing his review. I went on this birth control to help with my irregular and heavy periods. When the day came, I never experienced cramps so painful in my life. The only thing that I can compare it to is when I had to have an emergency appendectomy because it was about to explode. With this my period was the heaviest it has ever been and has been going on for 2 weeks now. This pill did much more harm than good for me and would never suggest it to someone."

Anonymous 12 November 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have always had horrible acne. Even after a round of accutane it came back a few years later. After I had my son It got worse so I looked into yaz. My gyno was on it as well so she did make me feel more comfortable with taking it as I was very cautious due to the reviews online. I have cystic acne, I don't remember a time where I had less than 3 pimples on my face. I've been on Loryna for 6 months and my skin is clear!! Only break out (literally 1 pimple) when my period is coming or if I forget to wash my face. But 1 pimple is sooooo much better than the endless amounts I would get before yaz."

Allisoncam November 5, 2016