User Reviews for Loryna

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 2.3
Summary of Loryna reviews 4.7 103 reviews

Reviews for Loryna

Mm · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2020

For Acne: “I personally think everyone should try it! I was hesitant due to reviews but I’ve been on it for a month and after a year of struggling with hormonal acne I think trying this was worth it. The first two weeks I was a little more moody than usual and kinda nauseous but that has gone away! My skin is clearing, but as I’ve only been on for a month it’s not completely clear yet. I’m excited to see what a couple months does for my skin! Birth control was my last resort but I couldn’t get the hormonal acne to stop even after visiting the derm many times.”

Loryna user · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Acne: “I was using Trinessa for 15 years and it was wonderful. They stopped manufacturing that about a year ago- pharmacy switched me to TriSprintec. I was on it for 8 HORRIBLE months where I got cystic acne, which I had never experienced before, on my face, chest, and back. I tried every topical solution and wash, which did absolutely nothing. I was so insecure and thought this was my life now. One of my friends suggested I switch birth controls and I switched to Loryna. I continued to use acne topical solutions on my skin while using it so I saw some results but my skin felt dry and itchy and I was still getting some new acne marks (although less than before and they didn’t turn cystic). On the third month I decided to stop using the acne products to see what the birth control did on its own and IT WAS A MIRACLE, I literally cleared up in like 4 days guys. I also had no other side effects on this birth control other than an occasional small headache. Highly recommend this birth control.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 1, 2020

For Birth Control: “On Loryna I have had migraines almost on a daily basis. I have felt nausea and high anxiety. It did help me with controlling my heavy flow.”

Em April 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on pill Loryna for a year, and FINALLY got off of it. I was on it originally for acne, and then for the birth control aspect. I have never felt so anxious, or depressed in my life. I continued to blame my irrational emotions and physical appearance on circumstances in my life, but had no idea that this was primarily due to this prescription. I gained weight, which was really weird for me because I was a college athlete, working out 2-3 times a day. I began to develop some pain in my left breast, eventually getting an ultrasound because my doctor was concerned by some lumps that she felt. The radiologist told me that I had an extreme amount of extra breast tissue due to this prescription. I had panic attacks on a daily basis, and nightmares almost every night. I highly recommend NOT taking this. I wish someone would have warned me about everything I was about to go through.”

Lex April 20, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Loryna for 1 and half months and stopped taking it. The first month it was okay besides breast tenderness. I have irregular periods so I went on birth control to regulate them. But by the second week of my second pack I felt extreme high anxiety. I’m not normally an anxious person, you know some anxiety here and there. But the amount of anxiety I was experiencing was not like usual. I was waking up almost every night in panic attacks and tossing and turning not being able to fall asleep. Then it started throughout the day, me being anxious just watching a movie, my mind would be racing. I remember not really being able to pin point what my anxiety was from but I woke up one morning and realized the new thing I’ve been taking is birth control. So I stopped it and noticed throughout the day already it has been much better with anxiety. Sometimes in the night I’m still anxious but I just stopped it a day ago.I don’t recommend this pill.”

Jessa · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “Nurx switched me from Nikki to Loryna and so far, I’m noticing that my temper is very short. I used to be a pretty calm person but three weeks into this and I’m getting extremely angry over trivial things and just don’t feel all that great. No issues with acne or weight gain but the bad mood part is just incredibly noticeable. I’ve also started waking up multiple times during the night which has never been an issue for me either. I would say, if you can handle being angry a lot and poor sleep then Loryna is okay but I personally do not like it.”

liv March 31, 2020

For Acne: “I have been on accutane twice for my acne and it worked momentarily but did not get rid of my acne in the long term. I decided to try loryna birth control pill and it has helped get rid of almost all my acne! My periods are pretty light and I haven't gotten pregnant yet:) so I would say it's working pretty well.”

JH · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’m finishing my third pack of Loryna. I’ve really struggled with giving my body the adequate time to adjust to it, but I can’t take the side effects anymore. I switched because the last few pills I tried did not clear up my hormonal acne. Loryna has helped clear up my skin and my period is much lighter, both of which are nice. However, I also take Vyvanse for ADHD and narcolepsy and I swear Loryna is messing with the effectiveness. I’m incredibly fatigued and sleepy all of the time now. I’m also experiencing awful headaches. I’m so depressed and anxious to where I can hardly recognize myself. My boobs have gone up a cup size, I’ve gained 11 pounds, and yes I’m starving all the time. I have done intermittent fasting for the last two years and dropped 25 pounds but rapidly gaining 11 pounds in under three months and struggling with my intermittent fasting, along with other side effects, is ruining my self-image and happiness.”

goldengirl · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “Nurx switched me from Nikki to Loryna with no warning, due to a lack of availability of Nikki. Ok, I decided I would try the Loryna. What a mistake. I have never experienced such bad anxiety and headaches in my life. I do not recommend switching!”

Loz8817 January 27, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “Loryna has helped my PMDD somewhat. I also have cut meat mostly and am very active and limit drinking. My issues with this are breast pain, constant bloat. I thought I had a sensitive gut before but have issues where my pants sometimes don’t fit by the evening. I drink tons of water and limit inflammatory foods but it still doesn’t help. I bleed randomly. Right now I have 5 pills left before the white pills and am bleeding. I spotted for a week before that. This happens without rhyme or reason. My skin looks good but to be honest, I take good care of it. I am sure it’s contributing but habits are, too. The headaches I get on this medication are terrifying and sometimes last three days. I felt so validated finding this forum because I thought something was really wrong. My libido is significantly lower and it’s difficult to achieve arousal. I never had an issue with that before. The worst: my blood pressure is now elevated. I just asked my dr about an alternate treatment.”

Anonymous January 15, 2020

For Acne: “Was on Nikki which was great but getting my prescription through Nurx which seems to send any extra inventory of whatever birth control they happen to have on hand. Have been on loryna (the generic Nikki ) for 3 weeks and have had cystic horrible acne all over my chin for the last 2 weeks and it is also my chest to the point where I can't wear any shirt that show's an ounce of chest skin. Luckily it's winter. I've had breakthrough bleeding but started my full blown super tampons period yesterday. Mid pill pack? Have also been depressed and moody and angry. I've had bad skin the majority of my life and been through the whole rigamarole including over the counter meds, every prescription topical, all the antibiotics, being on antibiotics for years at a time, birth control, spironolactone, accutane, laser treatments, red & blue light therapy, no dairy, no sugar, no food at all, etc etc etc. Accutane is the only thing that calmed my skin some. But now on loryna I feel like my skin has reverted back to being like before I did all my acne treatments”

Dugg November 21, 2019

For Birth Control: “This has been the worst pill. I don’t recommend this. I had bad acne, horrible pains in my stomach, arms. My head pounded continuously and my moods were horrible. I was only on it for three weeks and I felt like awful”

shareyl October 9, 2019

For Birth Control: “With this birth control Loryna I had only taken it for two weeks. If that doesn’t tell you anything I don’t know what does. I’m diagnosed with endometriosis which means I’m always at a high risk for cramping, blood clots and all that jazz. I was on Sprintec for a year and it just wasn’t right for me. My doctor had prescribed me Loryna and I’ve never felt more like a crazy person in my life!! As soon as I started taking it I realized a change in my moods and how I acted. I had horrible anxiety and depression for as long as I was on it!! This pill I do not recommend what so ever!”

J · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 17, 2019

For Birth Control: “Loryna is the only medication that finally, at last, controlled my PMDD! I have had excellent success with this medication and could even lose some weight on it (!!). In combination with Lexapro my mental health improved. It truly helped with my fatigue as well, which is ultimately what I was looking to control. I docked a point for that dang risk of blood clots.”

Erin · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Loryna for the last 2 years. For the first year I really had no issues at all. My period were super light only 3 days at a time. My skin cleared up a bit and I only had the occasional break out. However this definitely gave me a lot of anxiety, my family noticed and so did my boyfriend. More recently I began to have panic attacks so I decided to stop. Overall this worked effectively for me for awhile and I really had no issues for a long time.”

Jane August 31, 2019

For Birth Control: “This pill is just absolutely awful. When I got on it I had been told that it was the same as my last pill, so I figured it would be okay, but it really wasn’t. On Mylan I’m moody, I can admit that. On Loryna, I’m constantly angry and annoyed. I wake up in the morning always mad, and I hate it. This pill made it so much worse. On my other pill, my period was a nice respectable 5 days, but on this one it lasted well over two weeks. I haven’t noticed any other ill side effects, but most everyone who I have seen seems to hate this pill. If you have the choice, I wouldn’t recommend this at all. I was on Mylan for maybe a year before they switched me to this one, and I have to say if they give it to me again, I’m stopping birth control all together. On my last pill I was fine. If it works for you, great. However, I can’t say it’s the same for me. If it’s “the same” it shouldn’t give you awful side affects. I can’t wait 5 more months.”

na · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 24, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Loryna for 8 months and It started out great. My acne cleared up, and I didn’t notice any major changes besides my boobs grew from a B to a C. After about 4-5 months I started noticing signs like SEVERE mood swings. My anxiety level was awful, I would cry all the time over nothing, I have never been depressed before and I started having bad thoughts constantly. I was extremely tired all the time and I would sleep about 16 hrs a day. I felt bloated all the time and I was hospitalized with severe constipation. I had to have a tube go up my nose and into my stomach to drain me since I wasn’t going to the bathroom. Once realizing this could be my birth control, stopped taking it. I’ve been off of it for about 2 years now and I'm completely back to normal. It does effect everyone differently but this was my experience.”

Kate June 14, 2019

For Acne: “I was on Nikki birth control for probably a year had no issues and loved it! My skin was super clear and I had no side effects. The pharmacy switched me to another generic Loryna because it was the “same”. Biggest mistake EVER. Ever since I started it have been dealing with constant bloating, mood swings, and terrible yeast infections. Before starting this pill I had never had a yeast infection in my life , now since starting it I can’t go more than a week without getting one!! Whatever you do stay away from this generic form.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

For Acne: “I have had the worst luck with side effects from birth control pills, I'm talking insomnia, severe cystic acne, becoming an emotional wreck with anxiety and depression; you name it and it probably happened to me. Yaz (generic Loryna) was the best one I've taken. I'm sleeping (which is huge for me), I'm not biting everyone's heads off or crying hysterically and my acne has cleared up which was my main concern. I have tried 5 different birth control pills and Yaz is working amazing for me. I gave it 9 stars because I do have some occasional chest pain when I take this pill. I'm not sure if its caused by Yaz or what but it seemed to start when I started this pill. I'll continue to update everyone on my progress!”

CollegeStudent March 12, 2019

For Birth Control: “Personally, I don't think you should take into advice the people who only used it for a month when starting this product. Ofc within the first months there will be some adjusting, breast size increased a little, experienced some nausea, and had some hyper mood changes. Now, I have 0 acne all the time, sex drive has not been particularly affected, have gained some weight but I wouldn't blame it on the pill, and my period is four days long. Unfortunately, there have been some notable side effects:minor headaches for like 5 seconds at a time that hurt a bit (not that often but noticable), sharp pains in abdomen during period. The thing to watch out for though, is the PMS. This drug really doesn't prevent it, and I think it ramps it up a bit. I hate ending every month realizing that I was being really irritable and upset and arguing with people the week before my period. I'm chill 90% of the time- except for that week.”

ken March 11, 2019

For Acne: “Don't take Loryna. I'm 20 and barely had acne before starting this pill- just a touch here and there before my period but nothing major. I got on it for birth control and almost immediately broke the left side of my face out in severe pimples. "Stick out out," they say. "Your body needs 3 months to adjust to the hormone fluctuation," they said. More acne on my chin, the right side of my face, jaw line, and has now migrated to my nose and forehead. And not just small little pimples, but terrible cystic acne. What's worse is what it leaves behind: red scarring that takes months to heal. Loryna did not make me gain weight, however it did leave spider veins. Transitioning off of this pill is even harder as your testosterone levels fluctuate producing more androgens, leaving cystic acne in its wake. These have been some of the most terrible 3 months. I don't even like to leave my house without full coverage foundation anymore. Now, I'm in the long process of trying to heal my face.”

SJ March 8, 2019

“I'm 48 and have been on BCP for 6 years for medical management, first Beyaz, then Yaz, then Vestura, then I guess over the last year or so Loryna. It has 100% helped my symptoms and made my life manageable. I skip placebos and take 3 to 4 packs in a row. My period lasts one to two days. This has saved me from a hysterectomy. Of note, last fall, a benign cyst was found on breast ultrasound. It was my first ultrasound, so I have no idea how long it's been there. Of note, over the past year or so, I've had unresolved edema both legs. Of note, when I'm off the pills for my period, the leg swelling is extremely significant, also fatigue and depression, crying. Those mood swings were way worse and much longer lasting before BCP. Of note, since last year my blood pressure has been a tiny bit high, which it is usually on the low side. I continue to monitor my overall health symptoms to make sure this medication is not otherwise harmful to me. I can't say enough how it has helped my pain.”

G March 4, 2019

“Loryna is the only BC I have been on, prescribed to manage PMDD, it so drastic I think I may also be bipolar lol. Personally, my body's adjustment to taking hormones everyday has been the worst part of it all . I am extremely sensitive to what I put into my body so when I started taking my reaction was violent. For the first 3 months I had more frequent/intense cramps, irrational emotional reactions to everything, boobs sore and swollen EVERY DAY, majorly heightened anxiety/more easily depressed. -Positive changes: actual period is so much lighter/predictable, bleeding lasts for only about 4 days yay :) MUCH LESS ACNE -Negative lasting effects: constant pain in breasts, NO SEX DRIVE :/ constant cramping, feels like I’m always in pain **stopped taking Loryna bc my mood swings were still SO intense I wanted to remove the factor of taking hormones everyday to see if I could stabilize myself. But my period was too irregular and even more painful w/out BC so I I am back on it now**”

Sav · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2019

For Acne: “I was on this medication for 3 years & I love it. It was the first birth control I tried. I haven’t had any negative symptoms. I had went on Loryna because of my cystic acne AND for the cysts in my ovaries. I didn’t experience any nausea or weight gain. I actually lost weight on it. I used to have panic attacks almost everyday & those stopped too. I’ve recommended 3 of my friends on this birth control & they have the same experience as me. It completely cleared my acne (it was my last thing to try before I went on accutane) & I don’t regret it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was on Gianvi for 3 months and had to switch to Loryna because I had to switch pharmacies and they didn’t carry Gianvi. I’ve been on it for a little over a month and I wake up sooooo hungry. I feel like I’m starving I’m so hungry. Like I have to eat in that very moment. Also, my overall appetite is increased like crazy. I always have to snack or eat. So far I haven’t gained any weight but I could definitely see how it’s a possibility. Overall it’s an okay birth control. I’ve definitely been on worse.”