User Reviews for Loryna

2.4

Summary of Loryna reviews 4.8 86 reviews

Reviews for Loryna

Kate June 14, 2019

For Acne "I was on Nikki birth control for probably a year had no issues and loved it! My skin was super clear and I had no side effects. The pharmacy switched me to another generic Loryna because it was the “same”. Biggest mistake EVER. Ever since I started it have been dealing with constant bloating, mood swings, and terrible yeast infections. Before starting this pill I had never had a yeast infection in my life , now since starting it I can’t go more than a week without getting one!! Whatever you do stay away from this generic form."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

For Acne "I have had the worst luck with side effects from birth control pills, I'm talking insomnia, severe cystic acne, becoming an emotional wreck with anxiety and depression; you name it and it probably happened to me. Yaz (generic Loryna) was the best one I've taken. I'm sleeping (which is huge for me), I'm not biting everyone's heads off or crying hysterically and my acne has cleared up which was my main concern. I have tried 5 different birth control pills and Yaz is working amazing for me. I gave it 9 stars because I do have some occasional chest pain when I take this pill. I'm not sure if its caused by Yaz or what but it seemed to start when I started this pill. I'll continue to update everyone on my progress!"

CollegeStudent March 12, 2019

For Birth Control "Personally, I don't think you should take into advice the people who only used it for a month when starting this product. Ofc within the first months there will be some adjusting, breast size increased a little, experienced some nausea, and had some hyper mood changes. Now, I have 0 acne all the time, sex drive has not been particularly affected, have gained some weight but I wouldn't blame it on the pill, and my period is four days long. Unfortunately, there have been some notable side effects:minor headaches for like 5 seconds at a time that hurt a bit (not that often but noticable), sharp pains in abdomen during period. The thing to watch out for though, is the PMS. This drug really doesn't prevent it, and I think it ramps it up a bit. I hate ending every month realizing that I was being really irritable and upset and arguing with people the week before my period. I'm chill 90% of the time- except for that week."

ken March 11, 2019

For Acne "Don't take Loryna. I'm 20 and barely had acne before starting this pill- just a touch here and there before my period but nothing major. I got on it for birth control and almost immediately broke the left side of my face out in severe pimples. "Stick out out," they say. "Your body needs 3 months to adjust to the hormone fluctuation," they said. More acne on my chin, the right side of my face, jaw line, and has now migrated to my nose and forehead. And not just small little pimples, but terrible cystic acne. What's worse is what it leaves behind: red scarring that takes months to heal. Loryna did not make me gain weight, however it did leave spider veins. Transitioning off of this pill is even harder as your testosterone levels fluctuate producing more androgens, leaving cystic acne in its wake. These have been some of the most terrible 3 months. I don't even like to leave my house without full coverage foundation anymore. Now, I'm in the long process of trying to heal my face."

SJ March 8, 2019

"I'm 48 and have been on BCP for 6 years for medical management, first Beyaz, then Yaz, then Vestura, then I guess over the last year or so Loryna. It has 100% helped my symptoms and made my life manageable. I skip placebos and take 3 to 4 packs in a row. My period lasts one to two days. This has saved me from a hysterectomy. Of note, last fall, a benign cyst was found on breast ultrasound. It was my first ultrasound, so I have no idea how long it's been there. Of note, over the past year or so, I've had unresolved edema both legs. Of note, when I'm off the pills for my period, the leg swelling is extremely significant, also fatigue and depression, crying. Those mood swings were way worse and much longer lasting before BCP. Of note, since last year my blood pressure has been a tiny bit high, which it is usually on the low side. I continue to monitor my overall health symptoms to make sure this medication is not otherwise harmful to me. I can't say enough how it has helped my pain."

G March 4, 2019

"Loryna is the only BC I have been on, prescribed to manage PMDD, it so drastic I think I may also be bipolar lol. Personally, my body's adjustment to taking hormones everyday has been the worst part of it all . I am extremely sensitive to what I put into my body so when I started taking my reaction was violent. For the first 3 months I had more frequent/intense cramps, irrational emotional reactions to everything, boobs sore and swollen EVERY DAY, majorly heightened anxiety/more easily depressed. -Positive changes: actual period is so much lighter/predictable, bleeding lasts for only about 4 days yay :) MUCH LESS ACNE -Negative lasting effects: constant pain in breasts, NO SEX DRIVE :/ constant cramping, feels like I’m always in pain **stopped taking Loryna bc my mood swings were still SO intense I wanted to remove the factor of taking hormones everyday to see if I could stabilize myself. But my period was too irregular and even more painful w/out BC so I I am back on it now**"

Sav · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 16, 2019

For Acne "I was on this medication for 3 years & I love it. It was the first birth control I tried. I haven’t had any negative symptoms. I had went on Loryna because of my cystic acne AND for the cysts in my ovaries. I didn’t experience any nausea or weight gain. I actually lost weight on it. I used to have panic attacks almost everyday & those stopped too. I’ve recommended 3 of my friends on this birth control & they have the same experience as me. It completely cleared my acne (it was my last thing to try before I went on accutane) & I don’t regret it."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Gianvi for 3 months and had to switch to Loryna because I had to switch pharmacies and they didn’t carry Gianvi. I’ve been on it for a little over a month and I wake up sooooo hungry. I feel like I’m starving I’m so hungry. Like I have to eat in that very moment. Also, my overall appetite is increased like crazy. I always have to snack or eat. So far I haven’t gained any weight but I could definitely see how it’s a possibility. Overall it’s an okay birth control. I’ve definitely been on worse."

Amanda January 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I’m 30 and have been on some form of birth control since I was 15. I started Yaz/ Gianvi maybe 7 or 8 years ago and loved it! I was given Loryna 4/5 months ago. I must be an idiot because it took me up until yesterday to connect the dots. I’ve gotten my period every single month 10-3 days before finishing my active pills. I thought I was going absolute crazy because I never missed any! I’ve had horrible cramps and bloating; my breasts have increased a full cup size and are extremely sore - the only time of the month I get any reprieve is when I stop the pill for my period which is now 10 days long and super heavy and full of clots. I also have insomnia (fall asleep after 3 every night) cystic acne (this is new), depression, lack of energy, constant yeast infections/ BV, and a feeling of constant PMS....Did I make myself clear that I am bloated and have cramps and breast tenderness EVERY DAY? DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL"

J · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

For Acne "I started this birth control about 2 weeks ago for my Acne, PMS, Endometriosis , I've been on multiple different pills and have only found one that has worked perfectly for me (Mononessa) but sadly they discontinued it a couple months ago. I'm on my second week of Loryna pills and I'm already having to stop taking it. People are already telling me that I'm not acting like myself, I've been crying all week, moody, even suicidal which is not like me at all. I've had some nausea but not terrible but my acne has gotten 10 times worse within a week and I have cysts on my face, and even body acne on my back and chest. My anxiety has also been through the roof and my ears ring multiple times a day when they didn't before. I don't recommend this birth control at all."

Caroleliza · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill to clear my acne. This has been such a terrible pill. All I want to do is sleep, I’m constantly tired and nauseous all the time and I have normally have very strong stomach. Smells make me feel super sick, like the smell of popcorn made me gag and I love popcorn. I can barely eat- today I had a piece of toast and some pretzels and that’s IT. Normally I snack throughout the day. All I want to do is lay in my bed and drink ginger ale. I’m stopping this medication tonight. Even if it did clear my skin, feeling sick constantly isn’t worth it. Try other birth controls!"

Emm Jay December 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I had no initial issues with loryna, but 6 months in I started to notice different changes with my body. My cycle was off, mood was terrible, low libido, and my breast were larger. Overall I just did not feel like myself. I shared my concerns with my gyno and she said that my body was 'adjusting.' This didn't make sense because at the time I was 36 and had been on birth control before. You adjust the first 6 months, but not after taking for 6 months. Needless to say, I had an abnormal pap. I stopped taking loryna immediately. 6 months later after stopping loryna, copolscopy and folic acid... my pap was normal again. Unfortunately, I also found a lump in my breast. LADIES PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TAKING THIS GARBAGE . It is not worth surgery, chemo, radiation, or the lifelong worry of dying from cancer."

AJ · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2018

For Birth Control "Started this birth control 2 weeks ago, I’m on week three and I can barely eat. When I try to eat I can only get a couple of bites in then I’m full. One day I spent 5 minutes straight gagging in the bathroom. This did not clear up my skin, I actually broke out more. I stopped taking it yesterday and now I can eat again. I’m already pretty thin so I do not need to lose anymore weight. I do not recommend this birth control."

freckles December 14, 2018

For Acne "I am on the last week of my third pack. My skin is looking better, I am currently on 200mg of Spironolactone and Acnetame vitamins. I know that I will be clear my March 2019 and I could not be more excited. I’m noticing less oil, I rarely have to wash my face anymore I just do it for hygiene purposes and a more milky/creamy texture to my skin it’s beautiful. I deducted one star because after two months of being on this pill I started to get slight tinges of nausea for a couple days. Additionally I have noticed some slight spider veins around my knees and thighs that I had never had before. However, the nausea went away and I will take spider veins over acne any day."

Hay December 6, 2018

"I am currently finishing my 3rd pack of Loryna and it is the absolute worse generic brand I have been on. I have taken both Vestura and Nikki and on both of these I had no side effects whatsoever. Now on Loryna I have had break through bleeding for OVER 2 weeks, constant pain and irritability and my acne (which I have not had a break out in over 2 years) is back. I am switching over to Gianvi now and am hoping for better results."

kc · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this pill for 2 1/2 years. It was great the entire time I was on it, up until the last 3 months. Before these last 3 months, my acne breakouts were greatly reduced, my period would last 5-8 days with no pain, cramps, or a very heavy flow. I had no mood swings, headaches, or anything of that nature. I don’t remember if there was any initial weight gain, but I’ve been in the same 10 pound weight fluctuation over the duration of taking this birth control. There were a few times I didn’t have protected sex and out of those few times I never got pregnant. I would give it a 10 if it weren’t for these last 3 months, where my period has slowly turned into a longer duration (the only change). My last period was almost 3 weeks long (no pain, just a LONG, heavy flow). But I used to love this medication. I would recommend it with warning!"

K97 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have used this for about 6 months now. It definitely helped with making my periods lighter and a lot less painful. They went from being irregular and lasting 7 or more days to only lasting about 4 days with barely any cramps. The only downside of this is that it defiantly affected my mood and I’ve felt more anxious and depressed since being on this, so I will be switching to a different brand."

Em · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on this birth control for a little over a year now. It has balanced my mood, the placebo pills give me a short & light period usually 4 days long, it cleared up my acne quite a bit, with the exception of the week before I bleed, I’ll get a minor breakout. For the 14 months I’ve been on Loryna, 7 of those months I had irregular spotting every other month or so. I did not experience any body soreness that I’ve experienced on other BC pills, no sore breasts or sore muscles. I also did not experience any nausea on this BC."

Olivia · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "It upsets me to see all these horrible reviews because I have had little to no problems on this birth control. I have been taking this pill for 6 months, my skin is great, my period is short and light, and I have had no nausea with it. I do have occasional mood swings, but nothing horrible. I highly suggest this brand."

Danielle September 8, 2018

For Acne "My dermatologist put me on this medication so I can start accutane (you can't get pregnant on accutane), my cystic acne is really bad and it seems to be getting worse. I’ve been on this for about two weeks and I’m having a mental breakdown. I quit DEPO (birth control) at the beginning of the year since I’ve been on it all my life and I’ve never dealt with hormonal issues. Today was TERRIBLE, I’ve done nothing but cry all day nonstop and the slightest thing makes me super emotional. Everything makes me wanna cry, my boyfriend had to rush over here just to check on me. Today was a really bad episode for me idk if it’s because I took it on an empty stomach but today is completely the pits guess I’ll try again tomorrow"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking Loryna for approximately 4 months, within the first week I had horrible mood swings, almost like there was a monkey on my back at all times. I have also been dealing with headaches almost daily since I started these pills so excedrine is always nearby. I thought I would give my body time to adjust to the new hormones but to no avail. I have absolutely no energy and want to sleep all day and have no issues sleeping at night. I have been on birth control for roughly 19 years and have never experienced this with any other birth control before. So now on to figure out what avenue to go down next."

So much nausea · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "The nausea is intolerable. I’ve tried everything, taking with food, taking it at bedtime. It makes me feel so sick. I’ve had to take a pregnancy test twice because it feels exactly like being pregnant."

kenziefox August 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking Loyrna for 6 months now and I'm 90% positive this is what is making me feel nauseous. I've been eating healthy and even try taking my bc with food but everyday I'm so nauseous to the point where I barely want to eat and the smell of food makes me want to get sick. I'm switching back to Lo Loestrin Fe . It did help my acne but it isn't worth it!"

poppyseed11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I got switched to Loryna from Yaz because my insurance wanted to pay for the generic version instead. Everything Yaz did successfully, Loryna does not. I can't believe this drug is on the market, and they say it is the same - it seems to do nothing. I have spotting every month for 2 weeks at a time. Where Yaz helped stabilize my moods, one of the notable reasons I knew Yaz worked was because it resulted in breast growth/tenderness, and Loryna creates no change. So I feel like Loryna is a placebo. I am thankful I'm not relying on Loryna for birth control as I shudder to think how ineffectual that would be."

AT · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have taken two other kinds of birthcontrol that gave me negative side effects so decided to switch to Loryna which worst decision of my life! The first week I had terrible nausea and couldn’t eat anything and I have also been dealing with depression, bad mood swings, low energy, headaches, and irritability. It did make me lose weight but there’s no way I’m staying on it due to all of the other side effects. If you’ve had issues with other kinds, this is ten times worse."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)