User Reviews for Fluoxetine systemic

2.7

1 review 27 medications
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 7.6 1,215 reviews

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Depression: "Prozac has changed my life. I was so depressed I could not out of bed and so angry. Now after taking prozac for 2 months I feel like my normal self again."

Cherry65 November 12, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took Prozac for 24 years, and up until the last four years, it worked fine. At that point, my family underwent long term drastic changes. Needless to say, my depression returned, but this time with an unwanted companion: anxiety. I upped my dosage from 20 to 30 mg but it didn’t help at all. So I turned to Lexapro. Most importantly, lexapro addressed to anxiety, which Prozac really didn’t do. I have my life back. I don’t dread going to work every day. I am calmer and have a much healthier perspective. Light has entered my life once again."

Jtann November 8, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "When I first started taking 20mg of Fluoxetine (Prozac) a day for anxiety in July, I was worried of the potential side effects - including weight gain, acne, nausea, etc. I experienced minor side effects that have since gone away over time. I noticed that I've been losing more hair in the shower. My libido was already suffering due to my birth control, and once I started Prozac it completely diminished my sex drive. Honestly, none of those side effects compare to how amazing Prozac has made me feel. It has worked wonders for my anxiety and my eating disorder. I can't believe that I used to carry all that weight with me every day. I don't know how I ever lived without this. After 8 weeks, I started to notice big changes. I am less anxious about life, am able to live and enjoy my life to the fullest, and I am PROUD to say that I have only purged once since starting this medication. I have been on Prozac for 14 weeks now."

Anxiety/Bulimia soldier November 2, 2018

For Depression: "Before taking the medication I suffered from an extreme lack of motivation and didn't socialise. I was prescribed 20mg which started working after about two weeks. I felt more energetic when in social situations and that lack of motivation to do anything was slowly disappearing. It did start to plateau so my dosage was increased to 40mg. After about 1 month on the medication I was getting extremely tired. Some days I would sleep for 18 hours. I also developed an issue with anxiety - I don't know if this was a side effect or just became more noticeable as the depression wore off. After about 15 months on fluoxetine, I finally decided to stop taking them and within about two weeks noticed my sleeping issues disappear almost entirely. The meds worked very well when I was going through a dark time and allowed me to get the help I needed to cure the root cause. However, I feel a lot better since I've stopped being prescribed them."

Guest (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 2, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "My GP switched me from Lexapro 10mg to Prozac 20mg as I was trying to get pregnant & this has studies done around pregnancy etc. anyway I found this medication made me hyper, manic & over energized. I had racing thoughts, couldn’t settle, my panic attacks were back as bad as ever and I was starting to dread public situations like shopping, having lunch in work etc. I knew in my head it was med so I tried it for 9 weeks. I felt awful for the 9 weeks, manic and hyper & adrenaline pumping constantly. It was a horrible drug for me. It didn’t suit me so I switched back to Lexapro. Side effects coming off it weren’t easy even though it has a long half-life. I struggled on this in general. I’m sure it just didn’t suit my chemistry whereas I know it works for so many!"

Koko34 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was given 20mg to take and my anxiety was so bad I was scared to take it eventually my doctor gave me 10mg. I took it for PMDD and anxiety and I was also depressed. I was signed off work and the first 2 weeks were awful, I was so spaced out and had absolutely no sex drive. I had no appetite and my first period I was so angry! Fast forward to week 7 and I was driving with no panic attacks, back at work, socialising and had no depression! I am now on week 11 and I still need to work on some stuff but the difference is unbelievable. I hardly noticed my last period! I was meant to take day 14 of my cycle for 2 weeks but agreed to take 10mg daily as it was helping my anxiety. I recommend that people don't give up on this tablet it's definitely worth the rough ride! By no means am I 110% yet but the difference is huge, so far I have lost 5lbs and it hasn't went back on so hopefully it stays that way. I can also drink alcohol with no issues"

Rey (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "My doctor prescribed me 10mg for 1 week, then to increase my dose after 1 week. I have been on Prozac 20mg for almost 2 weeks now and its been a total of almost 3 weeks since I started taking Prozac. In my very first week of taking 10mg daily, I felt a lot more energized, I slept better and wake up in the morning early naturally, and my appetite did not decrease at all, in fact, I think my appetite has increased a bit or just stayed the same. Side effects have been very minimal. The only side effects I had lasted within the first three days of starting this med. My libido has been good and I feel as if it has increased. My ability to orgasm is good. This medicine has been good to me, thankfully. I also found that when I was taking 10mg for the first week, I could talk with people more easily and could talk to people more easily. I feel WAY more like myself. Try it, but don't expect changes to occur right away. it is a med. that can take several weeks to feel full benefits. Be patient :)"

Alice October 23, 2018

For Depression: "I have battled OCD since my early 20s (I'm now in my 30s). Finally after moving to a new city and starting a new job I noticed not only my OCD had increased but I had fallen into a deep depression. I had always been wary of drugs in the past but in my despair decided to see a psychiatrist and she prescribed me 20mg fluoxetine. I can say that fluoxetine has helped immensely but it took time. At first I definitely experienced a worsening of symptoms that lasted about 2 months. I kept with it though because while the depression had worsened I noticed that anxiety was becoming less and less prevalent. Finally around week 11 I woke up happy. It was as if a cloud had finally lifted. It wasn't euphoria but I finally started feeling like I was in control of my emotions again and began to find a quiet contentment in life again. I am so glad that I stuck with it."

Raoulf October 22, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I thought I was trapped that way forever. I tried EVERYTHING. 20mg and the book DARE saved my life. It took 6 weeks and got worse before it got better. Please know that you will recover and you aren’t alone."

Guest (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Depression: "It's taken 6 months but I am just so grateful for the clarity, it has quietened the craziness of my thoughts zipping around inside my brain. I didn't realise that so much of my thoughts and life was ruled by the anxiety and depression. TBH I'm trying to come to terms with that. Its weird to not feel bad or have my brain sabotaging me every second or crying all the time. I was lucky as I had few side effects headaches were the worst but that was about it. Prev on Sertraline for nearly 2 years and now realise it was doing nothing for me! I'm now on 60mg which is quite high but I feel like this is my right dose. It's an adjustment to not feel awful all the time but the clarity of thinking and stabilisation of my mood has been amazing. It's also stopped some of my highs and lows (not quite bpd levels) but that's also meant I feel less exhausted from just dealing with my own thoughts. It took at least 4-5 months for the full affect to hit me. I now just want to hold onto this better world."

Sirius66 October 17, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Absolutely love this medication, I suffered from postpartum OCD and it was so incredibly miserable. I had to be hospitalized to due my major depression and anxiety on top of the bad thoughts. Once I was put on this medication I noticed a HUGE change within the first few weeks or so. It takes some time to work but it's so worth it. I highly recommend. This medication saved my life."

Melmel (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

For Agoraphobia: "I have been struggling with anxiety attacks, panic attacks and agoraphobia all my life. I used to vomit before school every morning, I had severe panic attacks, headaches and lots of more and they turned to agoraphobia in my 30s. I fainted several times and became scared of driving or being out. I have been on prozac on and off. I tried other medicines but this one was the best. I always put on lots of weight when I am on antidepressants so it makes me discontinue . This time I am going to stick on prozac. The first weeks the side effects are bad but you start feeling better. I am still agoraphobic when I go out on my own thats why I want to do neurofeedback. But comparing to what I used to feel before prozac, I am feeling so much better. You will be a new person I promise ! Just stick to your medication and get as much support as you can. Keep yourself busy, stay positive. Search for anxiety support pages online . . Little steps little steps.. tomorrow is a better day."

kindness1 October 12, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have overeating, irritability, depression/anxiety, argumentative, crying spells, and suicidal idealizations. It is a horrible feeling to constantly fight and ruin my relationships, work (coworkers/supervisors), friends, and self destructive. I knew that I have problem and always wanted to be medicated. I finally got my hands on prozac 20mg. The first pill, I already felt the difference! I was irritable and hungry which are the first signs of my PMDD. The 20mg was too strong when I took it the first day, I had a slight head ache. Now I take 10mg daily for the next 2 weeks. It is the most fantastic medications. It is only day 4 and I have to tell you that I never been this happy and optimistic for many years! It really a life saver. I also suffer from anxiety and OCD. But my main concern is PMDD since it also affect the people I am around. There is a solution!"

CSC October 11, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "After having my child 2017 I had PND. Prior to my child I had crippling anxiety. My doctor tried had me on lexapro, which I then came off as it caused intrusive thoughts. I tried to do it on my own and my anxiety won. I got put on fluoxetine and by day 6 I was ready to check my self into a mental hospital!! Day 1-3 I was anxious, then came the suicidal thoughts the uncontrollable anxiety, shaking crying breaking down! I had to go private and now I am on Quetiapine 25mg. It has stopped my racing thoughts as fluoxetine made me think everyone was trying to take my child, and all these bad things were going to happen to me! I am still suffering nearly a month later but least things are sort of getting better! I’m a 21 year old female and my doctor told me these tablets are NOT suitable for anyone under 25!! Dangerous medication! Ruined my life almost."

Routetoreovery (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

For Depression: "this was my very first bipolar medication combined with valproic acid. Now I am taking this again because of depression and it works like a magic. Totally recommend 13/10"

Hehehe (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Look, this drug has worked amazing for me. I finally saw clarity in a long time. It really helped with my mood and I felt happy again. It’s a shame to say that its completely killed my sex drive and it has persisted even after months stopping it. I hate admitting that but it has been a bad side effect. I don’t recommend this and I’ve never had that problem before. My family members had the same problem on this drug so I guess it made me susceptible. I’m hoping to god this will change for me to not continue as a problem and I guess I’ve realized I have to accept and let it go if it is. Good luck guys"

sam15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have been on this med for the past 6 months. At 1st I was unsure about taking it. Now I can say that I am SURE that taking it was the BEST thing I live a very normal life."

Suzie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Prozac helps with my BPD and depression. I’ve been taking Prozac for over a year now and I’m much better on it than without."

Misty (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2018

For Depression: "This is by far the worst depression medication I have been on. 20mg is not so bad but 40mg or more and you have no desire or energy to do anything!!! Like some of the other reviews said you feel like a zombie like you are in mud or something and you can barely move. Do not try this drug there are way better ones out there that won't make you feel like this one does with no energy, tired and no motivation to do anything."

ew969 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

For Depression: "Having tried Citalopram and Sertraline, I was getting concerned that nothing would work. I took this and within three weeks it felt as if a weight was lifted. I only feel like me when I take this. So happy with it. The only downside for me is that it completely suppresses any appetite for sex. Going back to the doctor soon to see what can be done about this. Wishing you all luck in finding what works for you."

James (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Prozac worked well for me but only for about the first four months. I tried increasing my dose but that to be ineffective. I don’t believe it to be a drug that should be used long term. In my circumstance I found I hit threshold where the medication was working against me. In hindsight I believe I had hit the point where I was “cured” and likely should have listened to my body and stopped taking the meds sooner."

Mands23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 27, 2018

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have the worst PMDD. Over 15 years of this wackiness. I have been on and off since I was a teen. I'm now 30 and a mom. After my first born I was gone full of rage and depressed more then ever. I went back on Prozac was told it was safe while I was pregnant. Then my daughter had ADHD AND ODD (Oppositional defiant disorder). I GAINED OVER 80 LB. I've always been a small girl growing up max 130lb height 5"11. I was up to 250lb and decided to stop taking it. My life felt like I was over so then I took it again. And now I swear it isn't helping me at all. PMDD has been such a burden on my life. I just wanna be normal."

May (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I couldn’t function at all in my daily life and triggers where pretty much anything which is suppose to be enjoyed in life , and would cause further pain in my stomach. I lived in sheer hell for two years until I finally saw a psychiatrist who prescribed me fluoxetine. I didn’t cry there after and within a week or so I noticed a difference in how I felt. It appears to have put the thoughts more into the background resulting in much less intense stomach anxiety. I had some bouts of diarrhoea, dry mouth, headaches and vivid dreams/nightmares which lasted 2/3 weeks. Still get the odd headache but could be because not drinking enough water. I feel more positive, more optimistic about the future, more able to think logically and deal with my issues better. It’s like everything has been toned down somewhat, and best of all the pain in my stomach has settled down a lot. So far so good. Started on 20mg remain on 20mg for time being."

James September 25, 2018

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Currently on lovan/prozac 40mg per day, after trying effexor, cymbalta, then zoloft. Took 20mg per day for about 1 month & as I had few side effects but felt it wasn't really helping with my depression, my dose was up to 40mg per day. Now I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm unbelievably unmotivated, I don't want to leave the house, in fact I don't really want to do anything except sleep. I'm not crying all the time, like I was but I don't seem to be able too, so I'm not sure that's such a positive. I feel kind of numb I guess. Not sure it's the right antidepressant for me......after trying several without any real relief, I'm not sure what is & would just like a break from the depression. I've dealt with it for so long & I need some motivation to actually live life.....back to the drawing board I guess"

Starstar (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2018

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started on Paxil initially 20mg and although it I had a rough start with lightheadedness after a few days or maybe weeks I'm not sure now. My head has calmed down and I slept well, but still not quite ok, so I went on to 40mg and stayed on it. The only problem was when I ran out and started getting nasty head shocks and so went on to paxil for 6yrs. In the seventh year I was weaned over to fluoxetine 40mg in the hope of trying to get off permanently (weaning ) which in brings me to where I am now. No meds 4 months an feeling anxious, blurred vision can't sleep the list go on an tremors 24/7 work is hard relationships difficult. So maybe I am meant to be on fluoxetine for life ."

Boomerang4576 (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 20, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...