User Reviews for Fluoxetine (Page 4)

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Binge Eating Disorder 3 reviews 1 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 27 medications

2.7
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 971 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Fluoxetine

For Anxiety and Stress: "I'm convinced that fluoxetine is a cap full of sugar and salt. Been on it for 6 months now and I can't say that I've woken up once and said " I feel great"! At the end of the day private companies produce these medications. Its big business. They test it for a short time on a number of people and release corrupted results or not all findings...."

Ahmzii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I started taking Prozac 9 weeks ago after Mirtazapine stopped working. I was suffering with bad OCD, anxiety and panic attacks on a daily basis. When I first started on the medication, I thought it would be a miracle drug, however the side effects were horrendous. For 7 solid weeks I was a mess, I was depressed (I dont even suffer with depression) I was crying at my desk all the time, I had horrible thoughts, crippling anxiety, would not leave my house or talk to anyone the only thing that would get me through the day was Diazapam. I am on 40mg and after 7 weeks it was like a light turned on and I have been 'normal' for 2 weeks straight, I am so happy I stuck with it. I know it's hard but trust me it's worth it."

Jodeyxo December 29, 2016

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I began taking Prozac about 10 years ago for generalized anxiety disorder and prescribed my family physician. I took 10 mg for awhile and then increased to about 20mg. During this time on Prozac I experienced TMJ which I had never had before. I used to dream of novacaine shots to get rid of the pain. I took a break from Prozac and the tmj disappeared. But I never connected the Prozac with tmj. Dr didn't and dentist didn't. Fast forward to now. Back on Prozac. Back with Tmj. :( Loved Prozac. Got rid of my ruminating thoughts and anxiety. I would give it a ten except for the tmj. Giving Zoloft a try. Hopefully no tmj."

Ghost girl December 29, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Bulimia: "I've had bulimia for 8 years and I was on Prozac for 3 months, nothing changed. We kept upping it every month,. Maybe I needed a much higher dose? Idk desperate but hopeless right now."

IamNova December 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Hi .. First of all I am a woman who didn't believe in any antidepressants ever! Then came the dreaded monster I call menopause (well for me it was tough) not all woman have it so BAD. Anyways I met with my Dr. and told her everything that I felt and she prescribe 20 of prozac. I came home saying to myself gee I cant take this - I heard so much negative things back in the 80's in high school ..? Then I said well its either giving it a try and hope for the best, or lose my Husband of 20 yrs and cry more.. So I took a pill that same afternoon and wow I can say it took about 3 weeks before major difference butI am thankful everyday and night as I am so much happier."

Cynderellacyn December 19, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have had severe anxiety all my life sweaty hands, sweaty feet, shaky feel like your vibrating inside dizzy light-headed it is an awful way to live and until I was an adult with kids of my own. l had no treatment but now I have literally tried every depression and anxiety medication there is and Prozac has helped me the most without unbearable side effects."

hope12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I started taking anti depressant after my grandchild died. He was 3 years old and it changed my world. I had so much anxiety over people and I was just so sad and angry all of the time. I stated celexa and I loved how it just shut off the bad. Eventually it was increased and I couldn't stay awake for anything. I got switched to prozac about a month ago. At first I felt very irritable but thats gotten better and now I feel better overall. No more trying to sleep all day and the crazy switch is still flipped to off"

Apmo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I took this medicine for three months and stated to notice uncontrolled, constant muscle twitching in my feet and legs, that was 15 years ago. Try to imagine your leg muscles twitching 24/7/365 for the rest of your life, that's what I'm dealing with and it's horrible. I'd think twice before putting this chemical into your body. Before this I was on Paxil for four years with pretty good results and no major side effects; wish I had stayed on that."

Painaz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Hi everyone, I experienced extreme anxiety which then lead to panic disorder. It sounds like it basically started from built up stress but, let me tell you my story as I want people to feel more comfortable and understand what's going on as I have done extensive research on the issue. First, anxiety and panic disorder are awful. You feel like you can't breathe, that you're having a heart attack, you get dizzy, you feel off balance, you get sweaty hands and feet, you're not comfortable and always anxious, sometimes you even feel that you're legs are going to give out. If the above feels like you well I took Prozac and honestly it saved me. "

Fightanxietyforever (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2016

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I've been taking a low dosage of this medication for four and a half months, and all it's done it make me unable to cry, heighten my anxiety, and cause me to wake up in the middle of the night, and render me unable to fall back asleep."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Fluoxetine changed my life. My postpartum experience after our second child was hell on Earth and I thought I would end up permanently crazy. It took months to feel the full impact -- so PLEASE hang in there. I wanted to quit Prozac so many times but thank goodnes I stuck it out. I cannot say enough good points about this medication."

Cataline12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "Okay, so hear me out. I take a 10mg fluoxetine "blue oval pill" once in a while (once every 2-4 months) from my dad and it relaxes my entire body. I'm a hockey goalie age 27 and just finished my last season of college hockey. ( I know I'm old for college sports haha) anyways; I swear to got these fluoxetine 10s work better than any pain reliever I've ever taken. I've had multiplied concussions / been knocked out Cold playing hockey since age 18. Do you think that has anything to do with the effect I get ? Every site I've seen says you need to take fluoxetine for weeks for any effect. I'll literally take 1 , 10mg pill and my body gets completely relaxed, my muscles / bones don't ache anymore and I sleep like a baby. And No this isn't placebo"

Terrankevin December 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the past few months. The doctor started me on buspirone but it didn't help. I tried lexapro and couldn't take the side effects. I just stated Prozac 10 mg this week. So far no side effects. I just hope it helps soon. My anxiety was bad today. I have anxiety everyday. Just curious if anyone shakes with their anxiety? I just started shaking about a week ago and when I get nervous, it is worse."

#tired01 December 9, 2016

54 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was started on Prozac 20mg earlier this week after trying Lexapro previously, and I have already noticed a huge difference! Before, my anxiety and depression got to the point where it was difficult for me to socialize, or to feel like I was "all there". Felt like I was always fighting through a dense fog. The inability to concentrate was exhausting. This medicine feels like it is, slowly but surely, clearing that foggy feeling. I am looking forward to the next few weeks, as I was told that is when it would reap its benefits entirely. I would highly recommend."

The Ponderer December 9, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "I was started at 20mgs and after 12 weeks with no improvement my dr.bumped it up too 40mgs daily which put a SMALL damper on the extreme depression I was having but that was only by making me feel nothing at all..except maybe confusion and restlessness.After about 6 months my dr changed me to lexapro which worked better..not MUCH better but a little better."

sopranofan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 5, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I was on this medication for over 14 weeks and it made me into an unemotional zombie. My grandma literally passed away in front of me and I couldnt even shed a tear. It helped get me moving around more but, it wasnt really helping my depression. I wasnt happy at all and my anhedonia still persisted. Also, on top of all that Prozac made me lose my libido/sex drive even after I stopped taking it over 6 weeks ago. Im scared my libido/sex drive is never going to come back. This is why I only rated this drug a 1."

MixedBipolarDude16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was going through a breakdown and eating healthy and working out but still life was a mess and I couldn't cope so my PCP prescribed this to get me through. I lost a bunch of weight, fine because I was a tad chunky and became numb to so many things but I was able to cope better and I had a bunch of energy. I couldn't sleep but it was okay with my 75 hour work week. It was hard to concentrate on my medical studies because I would get confused a lot but overall I adjusted and I would get on it again. Getting off it was smooth."

Audriauna-all-day (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Hi, I have always been ignoring my OCD which I am suffering for two years. Finally my obsessive & compulsive thoughts compelled me to go for psychiatrist. I started taking fluextine 20mg a month ago. The initial few weeks were hard to handle my daily life but after the side effect weeks I started feeling better & better. Now I'm on 40mg and feel much more relaxed just like I got my previous life again. Just don't loose hope of course there is relief after adversity."

Baloch Hassan_zai December 3, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "This is a great medicine. I switched to this after taking lexapro and having some difficult-to-manage side effects. I did not have any side effects at all on Prozac in the beginning. I have noticed that recently I have more of an appetite. I monitor what I eat so I haven't gained weight but it is more of a challenge. My sister is also on the same dose but has not had the hunger side effect."

ZisserZasserZooz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Ok, I felt better two days in to treatment. Then, a week in, I am calm. Two weeks in, still calm. Just even. Finally. I've struggled with rapid heartbeats, sweating, panic, fear, talking too fast, gasping for breath because I have so much anxiety, and just a general uncomfortable feeling my whole life. Of course Xanax and meds like that worked, but when they wore off the anxiety would come back worse. This drug Prozac? Like, why didn't I try it earlier. I've been on many other antidepressants and only Cymbalta came close. On 20 mg and my headaches and muscle tension are also reduced. I hope this lasts. The only side effects: early waking, and waking up a few times at night, but I just take some Benadryl and I sleep through the night"

ZoeMushka10 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postpartum Depression: "Took me 4 weeks and a dose increase on week 3 but the fog lifted and I felt able to function again, gradually improving every day. The start up side effects are not pleasant but worth battling through. My postnatal depression and anxiety was very severe, I honesty thought I was going crazy, this medication saved me."

Rhiroo November 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Diagnosed depressed, started 20mg Fluoxetine. After 1 year tried to come off. Met with anxiety & deep depression. Doc told me it was old symptoms returning & to get back on the meds. Over next 2 years tried twice more to come off the tablets & was met with the same symptoms but more intense. Finally decided to withdraw from the medication, removing 1 tablet a week. After approximately 6 weeks I had crippling depression and suicidal thoughts, these would last for about 2 weeks before I felt ok. This continued for 10 months until I had completely weened off the meds. Now I am LEFT WITH panic disorder. The doctor had stated there are no withdrawl symptoms, which research is now showing there are which include depression and severe anxiety."

Bishchop (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago and have been cancer free since. But my anxiety of cancer or anything recurring was getting the best of me. I tried ciprilex but I got bad headaches so my Dr put me on 20mg Prozac and I have been on it for 3 years and feel great!"

Anonymous November 22, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Depression: "This medicine is horrible. I just started taking it a month ago and already considering stopping it completely. Side effects were not horrible. I had lots of dizzy spells though. Only lasted for the first week though. Now I feel even more depressed than I was before I started the meds. Absolutely no sex drive whatsoever. I also have bad chest and upper back pains that I believe is due to anxiety from the medication. Would not recommend this medication to anyone."

Anonymous November 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "At first it made me feel really sick constantly and have stomach aches but after 2 weeks it started to help me cope with my anxiety and depression waaay better. I wanna make it clear I wasnt looking for a cure when I started taking prozac, but just a way to better manage my feelings because I dont think I will ever be cured since Ive been chronically depressed my whole life. And it does really help me manage way better, I still have depressive episodes tho, but I dont break down crying easily or feel anxious all the time and I stopped disassociating."

Anaqueef (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2016