User Reviews for Fluoxetine (Page 4)

Also known as: Prozac, Prozac Weekly, Rapiflux, Sarafem, Selfemra

Learn more about Fluoxetine.

Binge Eating Disorder 3 reviews 1 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 1 reviews 27 medications

2.7
Summary of Fluoxetine reviews 1009 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Fluoxetine

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Hello All, I decided to post my experience with Prozac to support others as well. I was suffering from extreme anxiety and panic attacks. Prior to this I had no prior history from my mental disorders, so this was all new to me.. ( it was also interfering with my life, work, social life) I decided to see a psychiatrist. She Recommended Prozac. The first 4 weeks it was really tough. I had really bad nausea, I had constant headaches, I felt like my brain was being rewired, I felt out of it, I couldn't sleep well. Once I hit the 5th week and beyond everything started getting better, I have been on for 4 Months on Prozac and I feel like my old self, I feel normal again and all the symptoms are gone and the anxiety and panic attacks are gone."

LILYF March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Take one 60mg dosage of Prozac around cycle day 13-14. Just one dose of the 60mg has effectively helped me with my severe PMDD symptoms."

D Duck March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have been on 20mg for four weeks so far. I am not really sure how I should be feeling. I went for recheck yesterday to see if any improvement. Since I've only had one cycle since it's hard to tell if working. Asked my husband to monitor my moods this month with me to see if it's working. Did anyone else take this long to kick in? My dr said by week 2 I would have noticed."

MyLife123 March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was on prozac for mild depression and mild OCD. The dosage kept increasing over the years as it was less effective, until I was on 80mg for the last five years. I had to come off it as it gave me tinnitus and then hyperacusis (severe). I tried other medications which made this much louder... and it has remained even though it has been 2 years off all drugs. Coming off the prozac was so traumatic, my anxiety was so extreme I had a complete nervous breakdown, was paranoid and my ocd became extreme. I now have permanent hyperacusis, tinnitus, anxiety, severe OCD. I cannot leave the house and live in hell. I cannot hear any music AT ALL as it gets stuck in a loop. prozac has absolutely ruined my life"

sadlittleowl (taken for 10 years or more) March 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I am a male early 20s, I suffer from major depression, anxiety and occasional panic. I started Prozac 20mg and now in my 5th week of treatment. The first 2 weeks I felt no relief, suffered from side effects such as fatigue, anxiety, and disrupted sleep patterns. Beginning of the 3rd week I began to feel a noticeable difference. My thoughts became less negative, I just felt less depressed/anxious than usual, and side effects have almost gone away. Then into my 3rd/4th week I began to feel better and better each day. It seems much more gradual than other antidepressants. Now into my 5th week I do feel MUCH better. However, it is still early for me and I have had 1 set back caused by excessive alcohol/marijuana use. Overall, stick with it!"

MDA51 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "It has really helped my depression. I used to cry a lot, not want to do anything. I'm much calmer about stressful things & less irritable. I thank God for this medication & the who started me on my meds!"

Jensue February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi, I've been suffering from anxiety, panic attacks and sometimes depression but not serious depression, for around 3 months now due to an experience I had whilst taking MDMA. I had a panic attack the other night that led to me calling an ambulance because I felt faint, fast breathing then when the paramedics arrived my arms went numb due to my fast breathing, so I decided to see my GP the next day and he prescribed me with fluoxetine. Its now coming up to the sixth day of me using this medication and I kind of feel myself calmer, but this is only the first week. It was a kind of last resort thing to start and use medication so all fingers and toes crossed that I, and hope many more can overcome this anxiety and stress problem!"

Saul1 February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "Admittedly, when I started Prozac and up until I stopped taking it, I was not very honest with my therapist on my emotional state, so I never changed medication despite it's lack of effect on me. I was taking it to help with my depression and anxiety, and it didn't help with either. It didn't have any negative effects on me, but it didn't have any positive effects either. I had started at 10 mg, went up to 20 mg, and finally 40 mg. For each one, it seemed to help at first but wouldn't after around two weeks. Although it wasn't right for me, I know that it's been quite helpful to friends of mine and it wouldn't hurt to try it out yourself."

Anonnie (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I can't remember the exact dose but it was low. It Caused insomnia (4 hours sleep a night), feelings of giddiness and weight loss (14lb/1 stone) which was a positive for me. Because of the insomnia I came off it and was put on 25g Amitriptyline. With this medication I have 9 - 10 hours sleep, dry mouth and a HUGE increase in appetite for sugar and carbs. But my depression seems to be a bit elevated."

NoNameGirl (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Starting it I had a bad headache for about 8 days. On day 3, I contemplated stopping, I felt unfeeling, like I wasn't myself, but stuck with it. Those feelings passed as well as the headache. I didn't feel any symptoms of PPMD the first 3 months. After that, I would say I feel 80% better during my episodes. I fear it will get worse each month, but it is tolerable. I feel that dark cloud want to return, but it never gets too bad. Will be asking my doctor if I may need a bump up in dose from my starting dose. So glad this medication has evened me out."

Momoffourboys188 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I felt I needed to come back & leave feedback. I started using fluoxetine 6 weeks ago. I was scared to try, had read so many bad reviews. It was horrible to start with, like a waiting game. Waking up every day to see if it had 'gone'. Slowly I felt better, saw improvements and now into my 6th week I'm feeling like my old self again. I had bad nausea, weight loss, insomnia when starting meds. I was ready to give up after 3 weeks. I'm so glad I didn't. I suffer with bad anxiety & depression. I find driving difficult, felt faint, couldn't stand in a queue. Supermarkets were a no go, restaurants, I found myself staying in the house. In the last week I've been out, driving little trips but every day and I feel so much calmer. Don't give up!!"

Nikki1201* February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been suffering from anxiety and paranoia for about 6 months now. The past month has been extreme with constant thought that I'm going to die, when health wise I'm perfectly fine besides needing to lose a few pounds. It has gotten to the point where every ache and pain makes me think something is wrong with me and that I'm going to die. I fear being alone with my 8 months old the most. I fear something will happen to me and nobody will know and my baby will be alone in the house until daddy gets home. I tried almost everything except medicine because I am scared of side effects. Prescribed fluoxetine 20mg. I've had the prescription for 2 weeks and been holding off. I finally gave in and started today. Your posts give me hope."

MIC89 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication was terrible. The warning about "initial" anxiety was concerning , but I figured I would give it a go anyways. This was a horrible mistake. My anxiety was so bad that I had tremors in my arms and legs and lost 2 lbs in only 2 weeks of taking it."

Stardream February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi everyone, I was recently put on fluextine 20mg . I started with 10mg for one week then for the last 2 weeks I've taken 20mg at bedtime. I feel very anxious , agitated in the mornings and wake up with dry mouth and feel náuseated. Has any one had this experience, and how long where you on it when you started feeling better less anxious. I take hydroxizine 25 mg at bedtime too , and Pepcid . Thanks !"

help100 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "The first 4 weeks on Prozac were awful. I had zero appetite, vivid nightmares, horrible night sweats, and a very short temper. But all of a sudden when week 6 rolled around, I felt like a new person! I was the "old me" again. It felt amazing to hear my family tell me they could notice the change in me. I'm a much more productive person now! I'm thriving at work, and I'm so thankful I found this drug."

Carmen S. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I was first put on wellbutrin at 300mg then 450mg but that kept me up and I really wasn't feeling much of a difference. The doctor added Prozac 20mg. For the first 3 days I could sleep. After that if feels like I'm coming off a caffeine high as I get very tired but I never experience a high in energy. I get hot flashes and sweat about 25-30mins after taking it but then it goes away. I yawn all the time. Another thing I've noticed since I've been on it was decreased sexual mood and ejaculation feels weird, just weird. I'm not emotionless but sadness, depression and anger seem to not be present. Decreased appetite and lost a little weight. No other side effects experience."

Nightowl83 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "It made my anxiety worse and caused me to have bad depression and bad diarrhea "

Anxiety.101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Prozac (10mg) worked great for my depressive symptoms- I had energy and was motivated. I had no issues with weight gain or my sex drive. It did however, significantly increase my anxiety- I had scary obsessive, intrusive thoughts, along with bad episodes of panic that came out of nowhere. I was scared to drive, go over bridges- there was always this fear of "what if?" Everything that I could be anxious about, I was. I had a very difficult time quieting my mind, and at times I thought i was going crazy. Very scary experience overall. For those suffering from depression, Im sure this RX is a God-send, but much too "speedy" for my body."

Anonymous February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I never comment, but wanted to say that if you're nervous or on the fence about taking this medicine, then your worries should be allayed. With Fluoxetine, I have been able to think clearly, control emotions and feel present in the moment without being overwhelmed by my usual over-thinking. Miracle drug? No. But it is a supplement that can help you reach the potential you see inside yourself."

Anonymous February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "I'm on week 6 of Prozac and it saved my life. I went through a semester of major life changes (engagement, graduation, moving across country, major weight gain from stress, living with fiancee's parents, and stopped being able to see my friends) which resulted in me becoming severely depressed. I've NEVER been depressed in my life I'm the most bubbly person ever. Well when I started to get into a deep black hole and also having suicidal ideation (never had before) I decided to go to the doctor. She started me on 10mg for 4 weeks and with some change (75% better) we decided to try 20mg for 100%. I'm only on week 6 of being on prozac all together and it saved my life, my relationship and my joy. PLEASE give it time. I'm praying for you all!"

Vicvac February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication makes me worthless man, I feel sick when I take this drug, very sick thinking, Muscle pain, suicidal thoughts sometimes, Please stop taking this drugs, if feel you feel any of these symptoms"

smart_raja (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Depression: "For me, Prozac was unfortunately not so much of a success. I didn't feel worse but I didn't feel great either. I started taking it in Oct 2016 with a dose of 10 mg, then upped to 20mg and eventually to 40 mg. So really I changed doses 3 times in 3 months. (Which is probably not the best since you don't get to get use to the drug.) but anyways I wasn't feeling any better. Still felt down and very depressed. My psychiatrist has officially switched me to Venlafaxine (which I'm afraid of, since the reviews of that drugs aren't all positives). I have to say, while on the Prozac, sometimes I felt good but the majority of the time, I felt very depressed (not because of the drug). My side effects were fatigue and diarrhea."

jcl987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This medication has saved my life. after suffering with OCD for 16 years it has helped so much. I never thought I could be so happy and relaxed as I have been while using this medication. It has calmed my anxiety, anxiety about my OCD, my obsessive thoughts and helped regulate my sleep. can't recommend enough."

AnitaHxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've tried many diffrent antidepressants over the years and never found one that worked for me. After each pregnancy my mood got worse. I couldn't get out of bed and get anything done. I never wanted to do anything outside the house. I also would yell all the time due to irritability. Prozac has made me more calm. I don't jump right to yelling cause someone was " annoying me." When you first start it, for about 3 weeks u feel weird. Spacy, clumsy and I couldn't sleep. I lost weight right away cause I wasn't eating to fill a void. Don't stop cause u feel loopy in the beginning! It has changed my life. Me and my husband are getting along better! 1 NEG I twitch. My legs arms hips will twitch when I stop moving. I take 60mg. Helps me before my period 2"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prozac (fluoxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was prescribed prozac generic 20 mg 2 weeks ago by my doctor. I had a rough patch with a family member which led to extreme anxiety/OCD, I had panic attacks and left work on several ocassions. This led to depression, felt like surrounded by a dark cloud. I am male in my late 30's and never suffered with this before so it really scared me. I thought I was going crazy. Finally decided to get help after 2 months. I was very nervous to take after some reviews.It's been 2 weeks and I feel SO much better. Is seemed like 1 day I woke up and the depression and anxiety just faded. I had some side effects for first 5 days...mental fogginess, drowsiness, headache, waking up early but all went away. hope this helps and stick with it!! exercise helps too."

thegoldstandard1981 January 20, 2017