User Reviews for Yasmin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 400 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I have PCOS. I've been on this pill for 4 months now. The first 2 and a half months it seemed the pill isn't working. I had acne around my chin and cheek area. But after persisting on it, it worked! My skin now is very smooth, zero acne, glowing! I also take extensive care of my skin via the right products, food and exercise, but the pill is definitely one of the main factors for my skin right now. The pill also doesn't mess with with my mood and overall it just seems to be working great. It's always a gamble with contraception pills, but stay for at least 3 months on them before deciding if it's working or not."

Jackie1996 February 2, 2018

"Wouldn't recommend if you want to get rid of acne. Took it for 4 months after I had hormonal imbalance and my skin looked horrible. Didn't help at all, waste of money and time if you want to take pills to help with your acne. I would recommend yaz/eloine for acne!"

Laurakas7362 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2018

"Before trying yasmin, I was so desperate that I think I am willing to suffer any kind of side effect as long as I can get my skin cleared. I'm on my 2nd pack now. My mom and my co-workers all notice a huge improvement on my skin."

Celine JJ January 19, 2018

"I have been on the yasmin pill for 4 months now. During first 2 months, my acne got just a bit worse. On the third month, it was the worst I had in my entire life and I am not even kidding. I have never used to get pimples on my check area but with yasmin it was the worst. Now, I am finishing my fourth pack and my acne is not that bad. My skin started to be clearer at the end of the 3rd month, but even now I still can not say that my skin is even 60% clear. I will give it a chance for 2 more months to see what results I can get in half a year. I will come back in another 2 months to write a review and share my experience with you."

Audrey191 January 18, 2018

"I've been take yasmin for almost 2 month and it had nothing happened to me. It's only help my skin less oily than usual but my acne still worst. My friend say that I should continue take Yasmin for another month ,so if it has a something changing in good way I'll share in this site again. Ps. Now ,I really hate my skin I hate looking myself in the mirror. My acne make me very depressed :("

Rebmun (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2018

"I've been on Yasmin for years for cystic acne because my dermatologist recommend it. Its been really good for me in general and without it I break out within a few days. The only issue I have is when I start to take the sugar pills, I can get horrible migraine-like headaches from muscle tension in my head, neck and shoulders. The Dr suggested this is due to the drop in estrogen. I've found taking a magnesium forte vitamin tablet on a daily basis stops the headaches but I need to take it all month and particularly the week leading up to the sugar pills. Prior to this I was on Yaz and it was hellish for me. Every body is different and responds differently. It might work for some. Yasmin has been better for me."

Paddy W (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2017

"I've been taking the pill for a week now For my Acne I've been crying over everything and anything could make me sad I started being ultra spiritual and having a doomed feeling I've got few more acne spots turning up on my face But I'm waiting till the first pack is finished I shall write again Don't be surprised if you are depressed, its the pill thats not the real you"

Whenyougothopes (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

"My daughter had moderate acne for 3 years. We tried everything for her including prescription and non-prescription medications. She was on antibiotics and was ready to try Accutane but her dermatologist recommended trying Yasmin first. It took 5 months to show significant improvement, but her face is now pretty much clear. She still gets breakouts every now and then but she went from wearing heavy foundation every day to not having to wear any now. I highly recommend trying this before going into harsher treatments."

MCAF November 14, 2017

"After suffering from horrible cystic acne for a year I decided to go on Yasmin to clear my skin. Within the first 2-3 months there was no affect on my acne, in fact I thought it was getting worse. I considered going off the pill then and there but decided to wait until after the 3 month mark to see if there was any improvements. I wish I hadn't. My skin completely cleared however I've been experiencing extreme sadness, irritability & weight gain. I have been on Yasmin for about 5 months now and have gained just over 8kg. I am a very slim frame and have never in my life gained more than a kg or so. I also cry most days and feel very pessimistic about my life. I wish I had never tried Yasmin. I can't wait to feel like myself again."

S.jel.c (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2017

"I am nearly finishing my 2nd packet and it's made me skin flare up so badly, the worst I've seen it in over a year! I need advice, will this get better cos I've only just started it ?"

Millyagarx October 17, 2017

"My acne ranged anywhere from moderate to severe before I started taking Yasmin. I've been consistently using Yasmin for three months now, and I've seen a massive improvement in my skin. During the first couple of months there were no visible changes to my acne, if anything it got worse. Nearing the third month all the bumps on my forehead disappeared, leaving my forehead smooth for the first time in years. I still occasionally get large whiteheads on my chin and cheeks, but not nearly as severe. Hopefully in a month or two I will be acne free."

TeaganN October 8, 2017

"I went onto Yasmin after being on the Depo injection for a few years, which made my mild acne more like moderate-severe. The Yasmin gradually cleared my skin completely and I'm so happy with the results (I've been on it for 3-4 years now). The only thing is, that I'm also using it as BC and I think over the last few years it has given me bad mood swings, some depression and massively decreased my libido, which have all affected my relationship. I'm now looking into the Mirena IUS as my Dr is worried about me staying on Yasmin as my family has a history of breast cancer- but I'm so worried progesterone only options will make my acne come back. I found Yasmin perfect for acne treatment, but it had some unexpected negatives for me personally."

Cheerio4226 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2017

"I have previously been on yasmin for around 8 years. Before this, I was taking Dianette. Yes, the yasmin pill was an effective treatment for controlling my acne, but I didn't realise whilst taking it that I was actually suffering from side effects. These included a huge appetite, constant fatigue, migraines, mild depression, anxiety, mood swings, and the rare side effect of excessive sweating. I have since come off the pill now for 4 months and all these issues have slowly resolved, although the depression and anxiety increased for 2 months after coming off. My acne has returned with vengeance at the age of 28 and my hair has thinned a lot because of all the hormonal changes. DON'T TAKE IT! YOU WILL PROBABLY REGRET IT IN THE LONG RUN!"

Jessica A August 29, 2017

"I would only recommend this for hormonal cystic acne, it did nothing for my blackheads and closed comodones and after one year I stopped taking it. There were a few side effects, especially lowered libido but nothing scary."

Xxvespera August 28, 2017

"I am have just completed my 3rd packet of yasmin. My acne is much much better. Skin feels a lot smoother. I am no longer having the large cystic acne and pus filled nodules. I get odd pimples and my skin is far from perfect but there is a massive improvement. They do say give it at least up to 6 months to get the full benefits of it. I will write another review in 6months. Also I advise not just to rely on yasmin but keep a strict skincare routine."

Kikid (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

"I've had acne my entire life tried everything from roaccutane to special diets to expensive creams and nothing worked. Started Yasmin and my skin became absolutely flawless. I wanted a kid, so I stopped the pill and my acne came back instantly. My son is now 5 months and I've started Yasmin again because I need my acne to be gone! I'm 29 and it's annoying to have skin his bad. This pill makes me crazy, but I'll take the craziness for clear skin. My sex drive disappeared while I was on it too. Lost weight which was a plus."

Nateish (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2017

"It did stop my acne but now that I decided to stop it, my hair is falling out so badly I am not sure It will be any hair left... I am regretting the minute I started this pill. Don't make the same mistake. It WILL make you bald!"

Lesleynoa (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2017

"I've been taking Yasmin for about two weeks and so far I have not noticed any side effects. It hasn't had an impact on my mood at all, which is good, but also hasn't affected my skin, still being patient because it's supposed to work from about 3 months. I was told by my GP to carry on taking the lynecycline that I have been taking for the last two months because I needed to settle down with Yasmin before I could come off lymecycline. I've felt no effect of taking both of them but it's obvious if I miss out a couple of lynecycline capsules because my skin suddenly explodes with whiteheads. Now I'm just waiting to see if Yasmin will do anything for my skin and when I can come off lynecycline."

Sailor189084 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

"I have had acne since I was 12 and I am now 29. I have tried everything from roaccutane to expensive cosmetic treatments to diets. I was nervous about going on yasmin as I took a pill previously called gedarel for my skin, which made me feel mental. Yasmin did make me feel a tiny bit moody but that was the only symptom. First month I broke out terribly. It was the worst break out in about 2 years. I am now on my 2nd month pack and skin is starting to clear. I do follow a strict skincare regime as well, always removing makeup, using toner and a good oil free moisturiser (dermalogica-active moist is the best cream I have ever come across for acne prone skin). I also exfoliate 2 times a week with glycolic peel."

Kay1987 June 16, 2017

"I decided to try out Yasmin in the hopes that it would help clear my skin. For a long time I had suffered from hormonal acne primarily along my jawline and my doctor thought that Yasmin might be a good solution for me. It took exactly 3 months on the pill for my hormones to stabilize but since then my skin looks great. I've been on the pill for 7 months now and I never get breakouts anymore, it has really boosted my confidence. I've also been lucky in that I haven't really noticed any side effects. I've gotten slightly bigger boobs, but that's about it. For me, Yasmin is the best. And for everybody out there who's trying it out - be patient, it takes a while for the hormones to stabilize but when it happens the result is wonderful."

PippafromSweden May 22, 2017

"Only positive: I have PCOS & this pill cleared my acne up nicely. This pill made me feel like an absolute raging psycho. I am angry, irritable, depressed, tired, and just absolutely so miserable on this pill. I've also gained about 15 pounds (lots in my stomach) in the last 7 months since I started it, and have developed melasma. I've been on numerous birth control pills and this is THE WORST. Changing pills ASAP. I'm tired of feeling this awful. Hope your experience is better if you're reading this."

MidWessssst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2017

"Well, I've been battling acne since I was 18- I'm 24 now. This has been one horrible, embarrassing and freakin' expensive ride. I've done everything from top of the line facials to the whole raw vegan thing. Nope, still cursed. This has led to severe depression and self esteem issues. I tried orthotricylcen-lo and it cleared things up a bit. Stopped after a year due to migraines. I'm now on my 3rd week of yasmin and I have noticed some changes in my skin. My skin is less oily but my many small zits around my mouth have turned into a few huge inflamed cystic pimples, moving toward my jaw line and neck(?). It takes about 3 months to see the full effects so hang in there friends! One plus side is my boobs are so swollen they look great."

Justkeepsmiling May 2, 2017

"I am surprised how fast people give up on this pill. It can take up to 2-6 months for any birth control pill to eradicate acne. I'm taking Yasmin to prevent acne on my scalp. It took 1 month to work. I really like this pill."

Million M April 13, 2017

"I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

"I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017