User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 431 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I first started with ro accutane to get my acne away and then went onto dianette but that gave me a blood clot. I was on Yasmin for 2 years and my skin wasn't perfect as I had scars but it was a hell of a lot better. Recently I had an a miscarriage so obviously wasn't taking my pill for a while, and now I'm back taking Yasmin (it's been a week) my chin is absolutely sick looks like a pizza! But I know it gets better so just hold on in there guys "

Rosie1997 September 8, 2016

"The first 3 months of Yasmin were horrendous, I had cystic spots all along my jaw, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and even my back. My skin was very dry and I could not stop needing a pee! The cysts stopped appearing In the 3rd month but continued to have lots of spots on my jawline. Im currently on month 6, I still get spots (sigh) but I haven't had more than 3 at one time and they are very small ones which heal quickly and are easily covered with make up. I no longer have spots on my back either but I'm living with quite bad scarring. I really had my confidence knocked but looking at how my skin has improved now those 3 months in hiding were worth it!"

Sarahmc123 September 6, 2016

"I am on my third week of the Yasmin pill and my skin has got progressively worse than it ever has been before. I feel as though I have put on weight and I am also constantly bloated. I'm hoping that this is normal due to my hormones trying to rebalance but I am afraid of staying on a pill that is actually worse for me."

SydLou (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

"I had horrible side effects of these pills Nausea, feeling depressed, low sex drive, vaginal dryness, feeling bloated, cravings, long period (3 weeks.) I did not feel like myself at all. I was very down. My mind felt foggy. But the worst of all was my skin. Oh my goodness. It got so many times worse! I got huge red cystic bumps. They were so bad I did not want to go to work,and people would comment on my skin. I could not continue and decided to quit just after two months! I kid you not - my skin got better as soon as I stopped taking these! I have barely had a pimple since. I'm so sad that I started with yasmine as I have horrible scars now. The effect though is very individual and I hope you have a much better experience than me!"

Kanskeinte August 18, 2016

"Actually , I am still on the first month and I can tell I barely have side effects. In the first week I had naussea but It went away.There is no effect on my weight. Also I dont have increased apetite. My hair also has not changed. I take the pill in order to cure my acne. I can tell through the first month there is no increasing or worsening my skin situation before getting better. I think it is going to help me treating my acne very well and I am waiting for results."

Theodora123 August 8, 2016

"I began birth control around 6months ago, before starting I had absolutely no problems with my skin. The first pill I tried was Cilest which I stuck out for 4 months- awful!! My face was covered in painful lumps/acne, I waited it out as recommended for 3 months but no improvements, it only got worse. I went back to the doctos and he gave me Yasmin which I have been on it for 2 months, I have noticed such an improvement in my skin- especially my chin area which was the worst affected. I can't say it's perfect my forehead is still angry and I have marks from where the huge lumps were but after only 2 months I can't complain! Definitely recommend to try for anyone who reacted badly to an older harsher pill's"

Niamh56 July 26, 2016

"I went on Yasmine to get better skin for an upcoming event. It was the worst decision I could've made! My skin has never been this bad! My chin is full of cystic acne. Big and red and they leave terrible scars, I have now been taking them for 2 months and it only seems to be getting worse. I also have gotten some on my back, which I normally don't. Also I have had my period now for 2 weeks with terrible cramps every day!! Usually I only have it for a day or two. I feel decrease in sex drive and have felt low since I started taking Yasmine. So far these pills have only been bad for me but I do believe and hope that the side effects will linger off as I continue using them! Hopefully this is just a horrible transition phase"

EiraLl July 18, 2016

EiraL July 18, 2016

"I have been on Yasmin now for nearly 6 months and it was the best decision I ever made going on it! In the first two months I experienced a huge increase in acne all over my face but I was expecting this. By the third and fourth month it calmed down but I experienced a few bad breakouts throughout the month. The fifth month was when I started to notice drastic changes, I use to wake up with a new spot everyday but it changed to hardly breaking out at all, and the spots I did get were only small that were easy to get rid of. I'm currently at the end of the fifth month and my skin has never been better! I feel so much more confident in myself and my skin. All it takes is a little time and patience and you will get the results you want!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

"I'm actually on Laila 35 which is the generic version and it has taken some time for my skin to get where it is but I had horrible cystic acne on my jawline and then just general acne on my face, chest and back. The pill has absolutely cleared my skin to the point where I can go out and not feel like I need makeup. Maybe once I have my scars treated, I might not even need makeup for school. I get heaps of compliments on how much better my skin is and looks, let alone how GOOD I feel. Unless you have acne you wouldn't understand that its not just something on you face that goes away when you use a cleanser, it's a mental thing. Take this and don't expect instant results."

ruby135 April 30, 2016

"The best! Takes a while but keep it up. I had horrendous cystic acne around my chin and lip area. My chin would be all bumpy due to the huge spots I had like the silloeutte of a cauliflower!! 18 months on and it's the best skin I've ever had. Ever time I come off it though (2 kids) my skin goes back down hill. I am very health conscious, eat well, drink plenty of water etc. Nothing made a difference apart from this."

Vicvickie February 19, 2016

"I started Yasmin about a month and a half ago and I feel like my acne has gotten worse! My face is at its worst ever right now, my jawline and cheeks are disgusting. I am also breaking out on my upper back. Not happy. As I am only in my second month of using this pill I am going to continue as others have said by month 4, 5 or 6 their skin has gotten better. Other's have really discouraged me by saying at the end of month one they were acne free!! Not fair!!!"

anni1999 February 16, 2016

"I've been on this pill for approximately for 6 weeks and in the first two weeks I was getting cystic acne- the worst ever ! The acne was occurring mainly on my chin, around my nose and above my lips. Now I'm getting acne on my forehead, as well as weird cravings (which I have never experienced before). My skin looks far worse than before and much like a cookie."

zahraxkx February 15, 2016

"When I was 15 i started on Estelle/Brenda and this helped to clear up my skin as I had both face and back acne that started when I was 14. Although Estelle helped with my skin I also had a lot of water retention, my face became puffy/rounder and I felt like it was harder to lose weight once I had gained it. I decided to go off Estelle for a year when I was 18 and I was able to lose weight quickly but my acne came back straight away. I tried for a whole year to deal with it but just couldn't bear it. Then at 19 I went on Yasmin which was amazing for my skin! Within a couple of months it was completely clear and had no impact on my weight. It is slightly more expensive than other pills but completely worth it!"

EmmJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 10, 2016

"Love this pill. Went on it and cleared my skin, but I didn't know that Yasmin was clearing it I thought it was just the fact I was no longer a teenager. Stopped taking this pill to get an implant to avoid periods. Well, it was hell, acne came back full blown and periods were relentless. Went back to the doctor today and got Yasmin again! So excited for clear skin again!"

Yusdeep5729 February 8, 2016

"When I was 13 I had horrible acne and a little over weight. After I took Yasmin for a complete month my acne was just about completely gone and after a couple more months I even lost a few pounds!! I did experience anxiety, but from reading some reviews about Yasmin if you take a multivitamin your symptoms will go away including your sex drive problem caused by the pill. I haven't taken Yasmin for about a few weeks so that I could give my body a rest but I want my Yasmin back!"

Anonymous January 5, 2016

"This is a very good option for acne! I am 18 and I have had acne since around 7th grade. I did not know what exactly was causing my acne.. hormones? the food I was eating? I was not sure but I feel this pill was effective. I am also on solodyn which I love!! And also I use cetaphil to cleanse then moisturize with the silver serum. My routine works very well for me I have not gotten a pimple in a while however I have gotten small bumps along the way. Gaining weight was not a problem at all while taking this.. I even think I lost weight. So I would recommend this and solodyn; they definitely helped with my acne."

Camilaaa99 January 2, 2016

"I was prescribed yasmin 5 years ago for acne, I'd got that depressed with my acne 2 months later got a referral having to pay private for dermatologist to give me to roaccutane as doctors didn't think was severe enough although had major psychological effects on me. It worked wonders cleared acne up in 4 months, I stayed on yasmin for another year skin stayed clear. My doctor told me that due to risk of blood clots taking me off it. I flared up massively which really annoyed me as I was fine on the pill no side effects back and forth for a year my doctor finally agreed to put me back on yasmin 2 months in and my acnes clearing again."

Jade91 December 31, 2015

"I had horrible cystic acne on my chin (5-6 large, angry, agonising, red lumps at any one time) & they started to creep along my lower cheek which is when I decided to take oral contraception to help it stop. Now 6 months on from starting yasmin my skin is better than its ever been and I am only left with slight hyperpigmentation which is easy to cover with makeup. Not 1 new spot this month and NO oil at all! Seriously, not even a shiny nose! Results only started at around 5 months so please, please keep at it. 1st month my breasts grew and hurt alot but by month 2 they went back to their normal size and I felt no more pain. Months 2-4 I had minor whitehead breakouts along my jawline but these disappeared by month 5. Month 6 I am acne FREE"

lilybell December 30, 2015

"I started taking this drug because of moderate to severe adult acne (I am 28) and PMS symptoms (severe depression episodes and irritability that happened like clockwork the week before menstruation). I have been on the pill a month and half and I have already seen an improvement. Regarding acne, I broke out a little bit in the placebo week, but besides that I no longer get the severe acne i used to. I expected it to take at least a few months, so I was pleasantly surprised to see an effect. I also had a light period and did not notice mood swings. I had breakthrough bleeding during the first few weeks, at the beginning more severe and diminishing with time. On the second cycle, there is no bleeding anymore."

Daisy88 November 26, 2015

"Have been on Yasmin for over 4 months now to try improve my acne. I would say my acne has gotten 2-3 times worse than it ever had been in the beginning and I now have spots where I never did before (all along lower cheeks, near jaw area). I have been on dianette before and it was amazing so I shall be going back to it asap!!"

Elle_123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2015

"I'm 16 and I started taking yasmin in August for polycystic ovarian syndrome. My acne was quite bad, mainly on my cheeks and chin where I'd get big clusters of spots. I also had many small bumps on my forehead. In the first month there was no difference skin. By the third month I could start to see some improvement to my skin and the severity of my acne had gone down. By the fourth month I was amazed!! It took about a week into the 4th pack before I only had a few spots on my chin left and no new spots were forming. I'm on the 5th month now and only have a small spot on my chin and have been left with scars which are healing. I'm so happy with the results but I experienced terrible mood swings, which are improving. Overall very happy!"

Roiisee123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

"I got really bad acne when I turned 14 and my period wasn't regular and after trying a lot of things I started taking yasmin when I was 15 and my acne started to clear up in two to three months of using it I went off it when I was 17 and the acne came back really badly so I went back on it until I turned 19. I thought my hormones would be normal by then I was off yasmin for 3 months it seem to go good but I didn't get my period at all and then I started breaking out again so I'm back on yasmin since then ."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 16, 2015

"changed to Yasmin after using levest for 2 months and breaking out horribly. It didn't really make a difference, I thought it would just be due to the settling in period but I've been on yasmin for four months now. my skin only started to get better towards the end of the third month. I've only really seen a significant difference now I've been using duac for a couple of weeks (I used duac two years ago to clear my skin). I started using duac again during my break week so didn't know whether using the pill and duac together would work. A couple days after I finished my break week I broke out immediately around my chin (where hormonal acne usually is). Also, although my skin is now almost smooth it's marked badly!! :("

ellaward September 25, 2015

"I was on Yasmin for around a year and had no problems with it. It was great and then I started to get breakthrough bleeding so my doctor switched me to Diane which was terrible! I think it was too strong for me because it made me break out like crazy. I didn't have acne to begin with. I then had a break from the pill (skin cleared up completely from almost the 2nd day of stopping the pill) for about 6 months or so and now have gone back on Yasmin and my skin has been breaking out like crazy! lots of small white heads on the left side of my face and some in a little section on my right cheek. They're small but coming up every single day. I'm in the 4th month now and hasn't cleared up yet. Help!! :'("

jva88 September 23, 2015