User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 444 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I've been taking Yasmin for about two weeks and so far I have not noticed any side effects. It hasn't had an impact on my mood at all, which is good, but also hasn't affected my skin, still being patient because it's supposed to work from about 3 months. I was told by my GP to carry on taking the lynecycline that I have been taking for the last two months because I needed to settle down with Yasmin before I could come off lymecycline. I've felt no effect of taking both of them but it's obvious if I miss out a couple of lynecycline capsules because my skin suddenly explodes with whiteheads. Now I'm just waiting to see if Yasmin will do anything for my skin and when I can come off lynecycline."

Sailor189084 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have had acne since I was 12 and I am now 29. I have tried everything from roaccutane to expensive cosmetic treatments to diets. I was nervous about going on yasmin as I took a pill previously called gedarel for my skin, which made me feel mental. Yasmin did make me feel a tiny bit moody but that was the only symptom. First month I broke out terribly. It was the worst break out in about 2 years. I am now on my 2nd month pack and skin is starting to clear. I do follow a strict skincare regime as well, always removing makeup, using toner and a good oil free moisturiser (dermalogica-active moist is the best cream I have ever come across for acne prone skin). I also exfoliate 2 times a week with glycolic peel."

Kay1987 June 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I decided to try out Yasmin in the hopes that it would help clear my skin. For a long time I had suffered from hormonal acne primarily along my jawline and my doctor thought that Yasmin might be a good solution for me. It took exactly 3 months on the pill for my hormones to stabilize but since then my skin looks great. I've been on the pill for 7 months now and I never get breakouts anymore, it has really boosted my confidence. I've also been lucky in that I haven't really noticed any side effects. I've gotten slightly bigger boobs, but that's about it. For me, Yasmin is the best. And for everybody out there who's trying it out - be patient, it takes a while for the hormones to stabilize but when it happens the result is wonderful."

PippafromSweden May 22, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Only positive: I have PCOS & this pill cleared my acne up nicely. This pill made me feel like an absolute raging psycho. I am angry, irritable, depressed, tired, and just absolutely so miserable on this pill. I've also gained about 15 pounds (lots in my stomach) in the last 7 months since I started it, and have developed melasma. I've been on numerous birth control pills and this is THE WORST. Changing pills ASAP. I'm tired of feeling this awful. Hope your experience is better if you're reading this."

MidWessssst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Well, I've been battling acne since I was 18- I'm 24 now. This has been one horrible, embarrassing and freakin' expensive ride. I've done everything from top of the line facials to the whole raw vegan thing. Nope, still cursed. This has led to severe depression and self esteem issues. I tried orthotricylcen-lo and it cleared things up a bit. Stopped after a year due to migraines. I'm now on my 3rd week of yasmin and I have noticed some changes in my skin. My skin is less oily but my many small zits around my mouth have turned into a few huge inflamed cystic pimples, moving toward my jaw line and neck(?). It takes about 3 months to see the full effects so hang in there friends! One plus side is my boobs are so swollen they look great."

Justkeepsmiling May 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am surprised how fast people give up on this pill. It can take up to 2-6 months for any birth control pill to eradicate acne. I'm taking Yasmin to prevent acne on my scalp. It took 1 month to work. I really like this pill."

Million M April 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this pill as a last resort as I thought lymecyline wasn't working but wasn't making my skin worst, so I opted for Yasmin worst choice I have ever made! By the 3rd day I had dry skin and a large cluster of spots round my jaw! This didn't work for me and I'm not willing to wait anymore, however there is no harm in trying just beware, also duac cream, I wouldn't recommend it burns and dries skin out."

Ellie2199 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible terrible pill! I started back on Yasmin about 2 weeks ago now and I have felt nauseous and fatigued since. And even worse, I am eating a lot more than usual.. wouldn't recommend!"

shanelle (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this pill a month ago and have now just started my second strip. I started this pill as I started to get a few spots on my t zone and cheeks and wanted to have clear skin. I visited my doctor and she gave me the yasmin pill, biggest mistake of my life. I have severe acne in all areas of the face, very red and dry including many black and white heads. I seem to have noticed that in my 7 day break that my acne went down quite abit so I have decided to stop this pill. Worst experience ever"

Lazypoo73927 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Today I've been on Yasmin for 4 weeks. I started taking it mostly because of My skin, I have had mild hormonal acne since I was twelve (I'm 18). My skin has Always been combination with a more oily T-zone and dry cheeks. The surface of the skin dries out easily though, maybe because of the retinoid gel I used. I've not looked this good since I tried antibiotics (It came back afterwards) and when I get pimples, one wash with my estee lauder cleansing make them go away overnight. Its a commitment though, I started on the first day of My period and i had a 2 week long period spotting everyday for the last 2 weeks. My breasts grew two sizes as well, and i lost most of My appetite. makes me dizzy sometimes. Otherwise:perfect."

Matildaekkkkk December 2, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Yasmin pill 3 days ago and I am definitely not going to be carrying on with it because I have had shortness of breath which could be related to me panicking and worrying about the side effects, I also have hand numbness in my left hand, dizziness and tingling. Although I haven't been on it long enough I do believe it helps acne very often because if your acne is hormonal and you break out during your period, when your due on or around your ovulation times going on the pill should hopefully stop this from happening, we all react in different ways so I wish you the best of luck(:"

Elisse (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Yasmin nearly one month and my skin has improved so much! I'm so happy! I feel so much more confident my skin still has a few spots but literally nothing compared to what it was like before! About to go on my Seven day break so hopefully it doesn't break me out but so far I'm really impressed the only down side is my moods have been all over and I have been up and down it was really bad when I first started on it but it seems to be settling down now! For me it was worth going through that to help my skin because it affected my confidence!"

Jessbwbwbebebbw (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Don't ever try this pill. This pills has given me the most horrible experience in my life. There are only negative side effects, I have only taken three months and my face is full of Whitehead's, red lumps and pimples all over my chin and cheek area. There are still red scars on my face . Horrible, I don't understand why this pill works for others and to the extreme not on others... Is it because the younger you are, yasmin is better for you? If you are over 35 then it's so bad for your face?"

Oh my goodness November 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Yasmin for 6-7 months now. I was on Sprintec before (the generic of Otho Cyclen) but I switched over because I thought Yasmin would be better at not causing weight gain. I definitely haven't noticed much weight gain, and everything has been great except for my acne. I have never really had bad acne before going on this pill. Yasmin caused cystic acne all over my cheeks, chin, and along my mouth/jawline. I remember reading that acne in these areas are always to do with your hormones. I skipped my period for the past 1-2 months so I decided to take off and go on the placebo week. Now that its my 4th day off of it, my acne has gone down significantly and is even starting to fade. I'm seriously thinking of stopping this pill."

kaylita (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I first started with ro accutane to get my acne away and then went onto dianette but that gave me a blood clot. I was on Yasmin for 2 years and my skin wasn't perfect as I had scars but it was a hell of a lot better. Recently I had an a miscarriage so obviously wasn't taking my pill for a while, and now I'm back taking Yasmin (it's been a week) my chin is absolutely sick looks like a pizza! But I know it gets better so just hold on in there guys "

Rosie1997 September 8, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first 3 months of Yasmin were horrendous, I had cystic spots all along my jaw, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and even my back. My skin was very dry and I could not stop needing a pee! The cysts stopped appearing In the 3rd month but continued to have lots of spots on my jawline. Im currently on month 6, I still get spots (sigh) but I haven't had more than 3 at one time and they are very small ones which heal quickly and are easily covered with make up. I no longer have spots on my back either but I'm living with quite bad scarring. I really had my confidence knocked but looking at how my skin has improved now those 3 months in hiding were worth it!"

Sarahmc123 September 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am on my third week of the Yasmin pill and my skin has got progressively worse than it ever has been before. I feel as though I have put on weight and I am also constantly bloated. I'm hoping that this is normal due to my hormones trying to rebalance but I am afraid of staying on a pill that is actually worse for me."

SydLou (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had horrible side effects of these pills Nausea, feeling depressed, low sex drive, vaginal dryness, feeling bloated, cravings, long period (3 weeks.) I did not feel like myself at all. I was very down. My mind felt foggy. But the worst of all was my skin. Oh my goodness. It got so many times worse! I got huge red cystic bumps. They were so bad I did not want to go to work,and people would comment on my skin. I could not continue and decided to quit just after two months! I kid you not - my skin got better as soon as I stopped taking these! I have barely had a pimple since. I'm so sad that I started with yasmine as I have horrible scars now. The effect though is very individual and I hope you have a much better experience than me!"

Kanskeinte August 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Actually , I am still on the first month and I can tell I barely have side effects. In the first week I had naussea but It went away.There is no effect on my weight. Also I dont have increased apetite. My hair also has not changed. I take the pill in order to cure my acne. I can tell through the first month there is no increasing or worsening my skin situation before getting better. I think it is going to help me treating my acne very well and I am waiting for results."

Theodora123 August 8, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I began birth control around 6months ago, before starting I had absolutely no problems with my skin. The first pill I tried was Cilest which I stuck out for 4 months- awful!! My face was covered in painful lumps/acne, I waited it out as recommended for 3 months but no improvements, it only got worse. I went back to the doctos and he gave me Yasmin which I have been on it for 2 months, I have noticed such an improvement in my skin- especially my chin area which was the worst affected. I can't say it's perfect my forehead is still angry and I have marks from where the huge lumps were but after only 2 months I can't complain! Definitely recommend to try for anyone who reacted badly to an older harsher pill's"

Niamh56 July 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went on Yasmine to get better skin for an upcoming event. It was the worst decision I could've made! My skin has never been this bad! My chin is full of cystic acne. Big and red and they leave terrible scars, I have now been taking them for 2 months and it only seems to be getting worse. I also have gotten some on my back, which I normally don't. Also I have had my period now for 2 weeks with terrible cramps every day!! Usually I only have it for a day or two. I feel decrease in sex drive and have felt low since I started taking Yasmine. So far these pills have only been bad for me but I do believe and hope that the side effects will linger off as I continue using them! Hopefully this is just a horrible transition phase"

EiraLl July 18, 2016