User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

6.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 402 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I went onto Yasmin after being on the Depo injection for a few years, which made my mild acne more like moderate-severe. The Yasmin gradually cleared my skin completely and I'm so happy with the results (I've been on it for 3-4 years now). The only thing is, that I'm also using it as BC and I think over the last few years it has given me bad mood swings, some depression and massively decreased my libido, which have all affected my relationship. I'm now looking into the Mirena IUS as my Dr is worried about me staying on Yasmin as my family has a history of breast cancer- but I'm so worried progesterone only options will make my acne come back. I found Yasmin perfect for acne treatment, but it had some unexpected negatives for me personally."

Cheerio4226 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have previously been on yasmin for around 8 years. Before this, I was taking Dianette. Yes, the yasmin pill was an effective treatment for controlling my acne, but I didn't realise whilst taking it that I was actually suffering from side effects. These included a huge appetite, constant fatigue, migraines, mild depression, anxiety, mood swings, and the rare side effect of excessive sweating. I have since come off the pill now for 4 months and all these issues have slowly resolved, although the depression and anxiety increased for 2 months after coming off. My acne has returned with vengeance at the age of 28 and my hair has thinned a lot because of all the hormonal changes. DON'T TAKE IT! YOU WILL PROBABLY REGRET IT IN THE LONG RUN!"

Jessica A August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would only recommend this for hormonal cystic acne, it did nothing for my blackheads and closed comodones and after one year I stopped taking it. There were a few side effects, especially lowered libido but nothing scary."

Xxvespera August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am have just completed my 3rd packet of yasmin. My acne is much much better. Skin feels a lot smoother. I am no longer having the large cystic acne and pus filled nodules. I get odd pimples and my skin is far from perfect but there is a massive improvement. They do say give it at least up to 6 months to get the full benefits of it. I will write another review in 6months. Also I advise not just to rely on yasmin but keep a strict skincare routine."

Kikid (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had acne my entire life tried everything from roaccutane to special diets to expensive creams and nothing worked. Started Yasmin and my skin became absolutely flawless. I wanted a kid, so I stopped the pill and my acne came back instantly. My son is now 5 months and I've started Yasmin again because I need my acne to be gone! I'm 29 and it's annoying to have skin his bad. This pill makes me crazy, but I'll take the craziness for clear skin. My sex drive disappeared while I was on it too. Lost weight which was a plus."

Nateish (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It did stop my acne but now that I decided to stop it, my hair is falling out so badly I am not sure It will be any hair left... I am regretting the minute I started this pill. Don't make the same mistake. It WILL make you bald!"

Lesleynoa (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been taking Yasmin for about two weeks and so far I have not noticed any side effects. It hasn't had an impact on my mood at all, which is good, but also hasn't affected my skin, still being patient because it's supposed to work from about 3 months. I was told by my GP to carry on taking the lynecycline that I have been taking for the last two months because I needed to settle down with Yasmin before I could come off lymecycline. I've felt no effect of taking both of them but it's obvious if I miss out a couple of lynecycline capsules because my skin suddenly explodes with whiteheads. Now I'm just waiting to see if Yasmin will do anything for my skin and when I can come off lynecycline."

Sailor189084 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had acne since I was 12 and I am now 29. I have tried everything from roaccutane to expensive cosmetic treatments to diets. I was nervous about going on yasmin as I took a pill previously called gedarel for my skin, which made me feel mental. Yasmin did make me feel a tiny bit moody but that was the only symptom. First month I broke out terribly. It was the worst break out in about 2 years. I am now on my 2nd month pack and skin is starting to clear. I do follow a strict skincare regime as well, always removing makeup, using toner and a good oil free moisturiser (dermalogica-active moist is the best cream I have ever come across for acne prone skin). I also exfoliate 2 times a week with glycolic peel."

Kay1987 June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I decided to try out Yasmin in the hopes that it would help clear my skin. For a long time I had suffered from hormonal acne primarily along my jawline and my doctor thought that Yasmin might be a good solution for me. It took exactly 3 months on the pill for my hormones to stabilize but since then my skin looks great. I've been on the pill for 7 months now and I never get breakouts anymore, it has really boosted my confidence. I've also been lucky in that I haven't really noticed any side effects. I've gotten slightly bigger boobs, but that's about it. For me, Yasmin is the best. And for everybody out there who's trying it out - be patient, it takes a while for the hormones to stabilize but when it happens the result is wonderful."

PippafromSweden May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Only positive: I have PCOS & this pill cleared my acne up nicely. This pill made me feel like an absolute raging psycho. I am angry, irritable, depressed, tired, and just absolutely so miserable on this pill. I've also gained about 15 pounds (lots in my stomach) in the last 7 months since I started it, and have developed melasma. I've been on numerous birth control pills and this is THE WORST. Changing pills ASAP. I'm tired of feeling this awful. Hope your experience is better if you're reading this."

MidWessssst (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well, I've been battling acne since I was 18- I'm 24 now. This has been one horrible, embarrassing and freakin' expensive ride. I've done everything from top of the line facials to the whole raw vegan thing. Nope, still cursed. This has led to severe depression and self esteem issues. I tried orthotricylcen-lo and it cleared things up a bit. Stopped after a year due to migraines. I'm now on my 3rd week of yasmin and I have noticed some changes in my skin. My skin is less oily but my many small zits around my mouth have turned into a few huge inflamed cystic pimples, moving toward my jaw line and neck(?). It takes about 3 months to see the full effects so hang in there friends! One plus side is my boobs are so swollen they look great."

Justkeepsmiling May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am surprised how fast people give up on this pill. It can take up to 2-6 months for any birth control pill to eradicate acne. I'm taking Yasmin to prevent acne on my scalp. It took 1 month to work. I really like this pill."

Million M April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill as a last resort as I thought lymecyline wasn't working but wasn't making my skin worst, so I opted for Yasmin worst choice I have ever made! By the 3rd day I had dry skin and a large cluster of spots round my jaw! This didn't work for me and I'm not willing to wait anymore, however there is no harm in trying just beware, also duac cream, I wouldn't recommend it burns and dries skin out."

Ellie2199 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Terrible terrible pill! I started back on Yasmin about 2 weeks ago now and I have felt nauseous and fatigued since. And even worse, I am eating a lot more than usual.. wouldn't recommend!"

shanelle (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this pill a month ago and have now just started my second strip. I started this pill as I started to get a few spots on my t zone and cheeks and wanted to have clear skin. I visited my doctor and she gave me the yasmin pill, biggest mistake of my life. I have severe acne in all areas of the face, very red and dry including many black and white heads. I seem to have noticed that in my 7 day break that my acne went down quite abit so I have decided to stop this pill. Worst experience ever"

Lazypoo73927 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Today I've been on Yasmin for 4 weeks. I started taking it mostly because of My skin, I have had mild hormonal acne since I was twelve (I'm 18). My skin has Always been combination with a more oily T-zone and dry cheeks. The surface of the skin dries out easily though, maybe because of the retinoid gel I used. I've not looked this good since I tried antibiotics (It came back afterwards) and when I get pimples, one wash with my estee lauder cleansing make them go away overnight. Its a commitment though, I started on the first day of My period and i had a 2 week long period spotting everyday for the last 2 weeks. My breasts grew two sizes as well, and i lost most of My appetite. makes me dizzy sometimes. Otherwise:perfect."

Matildaekkkkk December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Yasmin pill 3 days ago and I am definitely not going to be carrying on with it because I have had shortness of breath which could be related to me panicking and worrying about the side effects, I also have hand numbness in my left hand, dizziness and tingling. Although I haven't been on it long enough I do believe it helps acne very often because if your acne is hormonal and you break out during your period, when your due on or around your ovulation times going on the pill should hopefully stop this from happening, we all react in different ways so I wish you the best of luck(:"

Elisse (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Yasmin nearly one month and my skin has improved so much! I'm so happy! I feel so much more confident my skin still has a few spots but literally nothing compared to what it was like before! About to go on my Seven day break so hopefully it doesn't break me out but so far I'm really impressed the only down side is my moods have been all over and I have been up and down it was really bad when I first started on it but it seems to be settling down now! For me it was worth going through that to help my skin because it affected my confidence!"

Jessbwbwbebebbw (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't ever try this pill. This pills has given me the most horrible experience in my life. There are only negative side effects, I have only taken three months and my face is full of Whitehead's, red lumps and pimples all over my chin and cheek area. There are still red scars on my face . Horrible, I don't understand why this pill works for others and to the extreme not on others... Is it because the younger you are, yasmin is better for you? If you are over 35 then it's so bad for your face?"

Oh my goodness November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on Yasmin for 6-7 months now. I was on Sprintec before (the generic of Otho Cyclen) but I switched over because I thought Yasmin would be better at not causing weight gain. I definitely haven't noticed much weight gain, and everything has been great except for my acne. I have never really had bad acne before going on this pill. Yasmin caused cystic acne all over my cheeks, chin, and along my mouth/jawline. I remember reading that acne in these areas are always to do with your hormones. I skipped my period for the past 1-2 months so I decided to take off and go on the placebo week. Now that its my 4th day off of it, my acne has gone down significantly and is even starting to fade. I'm seriously thinking of stopping this pill."

kaylita (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I first started with ro accutane to get my acne away and then went onto dianette but that gave me a blood clot. I was on Yasmin for 2 years and my skin wasn't perfect as I had scars but it was a hell of a lot better. Recently I had an a miscarriage so obviously wasn't taking my pill for a while, and now I'm back taking Yasmin (it's been a week) my chin is absolutely sick looks like a pizza! But I know it gets better so just hold on in there guys "

Rosie1997 September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The first 3 months of Yasmin were horrendous, I had cystic spots all along my jaw, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and even my back. My skin was very dry and I could not stop needing a pee! The cysts stopped appearing In the 3rd month but continued to have lots of spots on my jawline. Im currently on month 6, I still get spots (sigh) but I haven't had more than 3 at one time and they are very small ones which heal quickly and are easily covered with make up. I no longer have spots on my back either but I'm living with quite bad scarring. I really had my confidence knocked but looking at how my skin has improved now those 3 months in hiding were worth it!"

Sarahmc123 September 6, 2016