User Reviews for Yasmin

Learn more about Yasmin.

Yasmin Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 440 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

"I am surprised how fast people give up on this pill. It can take up to 2-6 months for any birth control pill to eradicate acne. I'm taking Yasmin to prevent acne on my scalp. It took 1 month to work. I really like this pill."

Million M April 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Yasmin for a few years and I will never come off it now. I tried so many different things to clear up my cystic acne. I had it for about 5 years mainly on my jaw line and nothing got rid of it. I tried different topical treatments, face washes, not wearing make up and different pills but nothing worked. Within a month or so of being on Yasmin I noticed I wasn't getting any big spots. My skin was clearing up majorly and It has been a life saver since. I get the odd spot here and there now but I can deal with that."

Sm2295 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I use Yasmin 28 for both acne and birth control, and it has been a life-saver! My PCP put me on Tri-Lo Sprintec, and I broke out horribly before it got better. I had new whiteheads on my cheeks and other places I had never broken out before. Right when my skin started clearing up after a few months, my OBGYN put me on Yasmin and said since it was a monophasic pill, it would work better for my skin and needs. I haven't had a new zit in about 3 weeks. I also have not had any of the side effects other than moodiness, and I do get thirsty and have dry mouth after taking it, but those are minor compared to acne! I definitely recommend this."

Rae-Roo February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took this pill as a last resort as I thought lymecyline wasn't working but wasn't making my skin worst, so I opted for Yasmin worst choice I have ever made! By the 3rd day I had dry skin and a large cluster of spots round my jaw! This didn't work for me and I'm not willing to wait anymore, however there is no harm in trying just beware, also duac cream, I wouldn't recommend it burns and dries skin out."

Ellie2199 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible terrible pill! I started back on Yasmin about 2 weeks ago now and I have felt nauseous and fatigued since. And even worse, I am eating a lot more than usual.. wouldn't recommend!"

shanelle (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm 32 and I've been on this pill since I was about 19. About 6 months ago I ran out of pills but I was busy and kept forgetting to make an appointment with my GP so stayed off it. BIG MISTAKE. I am now plagued with cystic acne as bad as I had as a teenager! I had completely forgotten how bad it was and how painful my skin was. I now have to wait another months before I can even get any more as my GP is fully booked up. Christmas and New Year will be spent inside avoiding people. All Hail Yasmin."

Lunalily (taken for 10 years or more) December 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this pill a month ago and have now just started my second strip. I started this pill as I started to get a few spots on my t zone and cheeks and wanted to have clear skin. I visited my doctor and she gave me the yasmin pill, biggest mistake of my life. I have severe acne in all areas of the face, very red and dry including many black and white heads. I seem to have noticed that in my 7 day break that my acne went down quite abit so I have decided to stop this pill. Worst experience ever"

Lazypoo73927 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 5, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Today I've been on Yasmin for 4 weeks. I started taking it mostly because of My skin, I have had mild hormonal acne since I was twelve (I'm 18). My skin has Always been combination with a more oily T-zone and dry cheeks. The surface of the skin dries out easily though, maybe because of the retinoid gel I used. I've not looked this good since I tried antibiotics (It came back afterwards) and when I get pimples, one wash with my estee lauder cleansing make them go away overnight. Its a commitment though, I started on the first day of My period and i had a 2 week long period spotting everyday for the last 2 weeks. My breasts grew two sizes as well, and i lost most of My appetite. makes me dizzy sometimes. Otherwise:perfect."

Matildaekkkkk December 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Yasmin pill 3 days ago and I am definitely not going to be carrying on with it because I have had shortness of breath which could be related to me panicking and worrying about the side effects, I also have hand numbness in my left hand, dizziness and tingling. Although I haven't been on it long enough I do believe it helps acne very often because if your acne is hormonal and you break out during your period, when your due on or around your ovulation times going on the pill should hopefully stop this from happening, we all react in different ways so I wish you the best of luck(:"

Elisse (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Yasmin nearly one month and my skin has improved so much! I'm so happy! I feel so much more confident my skin still has a few spots but literally nothing compared to what it was like before! About to go on my Seven day break so hopefully it doesn't break me out but so far I'm really impressed the only down side is my moods have been all over and I have been up and down it was really bad when I first started on it but it seems to be settling down now! For me it was worth going through that to help my skin because it affected my confidence!"

Jessbwbwbebebbw (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Don't ever try this pill. This pills has given me the most horrible experience in my life. There are only negative side effects, I have only taken three months and my face is full of Whitehead's, red lumps and pimples all over my chin and cheek area. There are still red scars on my face . Horrible, I don't understand why this pill works for others and to the extreme not on others... Is it because the younger you are, yasmin is better for you? If you are over 35 then it's so bad for your face?"

Oh my goodness November 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Yasmin for 6-7 months now. I was on Sprintec before (the generic of Otho Cyclen) but I switched over because I thought Yasmin would be better at not causing weight gain. I definitely haven't noticed much weight gain, and everything has been great except for my acne. I have never really had bad acne before going on this pill. Yasmin caused cystic acne all over my cheeks, chin, and along my mouth/jawline. I remember reading that acne in these areas are always to do with your hormones. I skipped my period for the past 1-2 months so I decided to take off and go on the placebo week. Now that its my 4th day off of it, my acne has gone down significantly and is even starting to fade. I'm seriously thinking of stopping this pill."

kaylita (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I first started with ro accutane to get my acne away and then went onto dianette but that gave me a blood clot. I was on Yasmin for 2 years and my skin wasn't perfect as I had scars but it was a hell of a lot better. Recently I had an a miscarriage so obviously wasn't taking my pill for a while, and now I'm back taking Yasmin (it's been a week) my chin is absolutely sick looks like a pizza! But I know it gets better so just hold on in there guys "

Rosie1997 September 8, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first 3 months of Yasmin were horrendous, I had cystic spots all along my jaw, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks and even my back. My skin was very dry and I could not stop needing a pee! The cysts stopped appearing In the 3rd month but continued to have lots of spots on my jawline. Im currently on month 6, I still get spots (sigh) but I haven't had more than 3 at one time and they are very small ones which heal quickly and are easily covered with make up. I no longer have spots on my back either but I'm living with quite bad scarring. I really had my confidence knocked but looking at how my skin has improved now those 3 months in hiding were worth it!"

Sarahmc123 September 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am on my third week of the Yasmin pill and my skin has got progressively worse than it ever has been before. I feel as though I have put on weight and I am also constantly bloated. I'm hoping that this is normal due to my hormones trying to rebalance but I am afraid of staying on a pill that is actually worse for me."

SydLou (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had horrible side effects of these pills Nausea, feeling depressed, low sex drive, vaginal dryness, feeling bloated, cravings, long period (3 weeks.) I did not feel like myself at all. I was very down. My mind felt foggy. But the worst of all was my skin. Oh my goodness. It got so many times worse! I got huge red cystic bumps. They were so bad I did not want to go to work,and people would comment on my skin. I could not continue and decided to quit just after two months! I kid you not - my skin got better as soon as I stopped taking these! I have barely had a pimple since. I'm so sad that I started with yasmine as I have horrible scars now. The effect though is very individual and I hope you have a much better experience than me!"

Kanskeinte August 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Actually , I am still on the first month and I can tell I barely have side effects. In the first week I had naussea but It went away.There is no effect on my weight. Also I dont have increased apetite. My hair also has not changed. I take the pill in order to cure my acne. I can tell through the first month there is no increasing or worsening my skin situation before getting better. I think it is going to help me treating my acne very well and I am waiting for results."

Theodora123 August 8, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I began birth control around 6months ago, before starting I had absolutely no problems with my skin. The first pill I tried was Cilest which I stuck out for 4 months- awful!! My face was covered in painful lumps/acne, I waited it out as recommended for 3 months but no improvements, it only got worse. I went back to the doctos and he gave me Yasmin which I have been on it for 2 months, I have noticed such an improvement in my skin- especially my chin area which was the worst affected. I can't say it's perfect my forehead is still angry and I have marks from where the huge lumps were but after only 2 months I can't complain! Definitely recommend to try for anyone who reacted badly to an older harsher pill's"

Niamh56 July 26, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went on Yasmine to get better skin for an upcoming event. It was the worst decision I could've made! My skin has never been this bad! My chin is full of cystic acne. Big and red and they leave terrible scars, I have now been taking them for 2 months and it only seems to be getting worse. I also have gotten some on my back, which I normally don't. Also I have had my period now for 2 weeks with terrible cramps every day!! Usually I only have it for a day or two. I feel decrease in sex drive and have felt low since I started taking Yasmine. So far these pills have only been bad for me but I do believe and hope that the side effects will linger off as I continue using them! Hopefully this is just a horrible transition phase"

EiraLl July 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

EiraL July 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Yasmin now for nearly 6 months and it was the best decision I ever made going on it! In the first two months I experienced a huge increase in acne all over my face but I was expecting this. By the third and fourth month it calmed down but I experienced a few bad breakouts throughout the month. The fifth month was when I started to notice drastic changes, I use to wake up with a new spot everyday but it changed to hardly breaking out at all, and the spots I did get were only small that were easy to get rid of. I'm currently at the end of the fifth month and my skin has never been better! I feel so much more confident in myself and my skin. All it takes is a little time and patience and you will get the results you want!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm actually on Laila 35 which is the generic version and it has taken some time for my skin to get where it is but I had horrible cystic acne on my jawline and then just general acne on my face, chest and back. The pill has absolutely cleared my skin to the point where I can go out and not feel like I need makeup. Maybe once I have my scars treated, I might not even need makeup for school. I get heaps of compliments on how much better my skin is and looks, let alone how GOOD I feel. Unless you have acne you wouldn't understand that its not just something on you face that goes away when you use a cleanser, it's a mental thing. Take this and don't expect instant results."

ruby135 April 30, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The best! Takes a while but keep it up. I had horrendous cystic acne around my chin and lip area. My chin would be all bumpy due to the huge spots I had like the silloeutte of a cauliflower!! 18 months on and it's the best skin I've ever had. Ever time I come off it though (2 kids) my skin goes back down hill. I am very health conscious, eat well, drink plenty of water etc. Nothing made a difference apart from this."

Vicvickie February 19, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Yasmin about a month and a half ago and I feel like my acne has gotten worse! My face is at its worst ever right now, my jawline and cheeks are disgusting. I am also breaking out on my upper back. Not happy. As I am only in my second month of using this pill I am going to continue as others have said by month 4, 5 or 6 their skin has gotten better. Other's have really discouraged me by saying at the end of month one they were acne free!! Not fair!!!"

anni1999 February 16, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this pill for approximately for 6 weeks and in the first two weeks I was getting cystic acne- the worst ever ! The acne was occurring mainly on my chin, around my nose and above my lips. Now I'm getting acne on my forehead, as well as weird cravings (which I have never experienced before). My skin looks far worse than before and much like a cookie."

zahraxkx February 15, 2016