User Reviews for Yasmin to treat Acne

Yasmin Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 389 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Yasmin

"I am on the last week of pack 2 of Yasmin and it is fair to say I have seen no improvement in my acne which is the main reason I decided to take it. I was on microgynon and anti biotics for about a year and my skin was so clear. Only in March did my skin start to play up. I am very distraught at this moment refusing to go out and socialise as I am embarrassed with my skin. I don’t know if I need to wait a little longer before giving up as they say it’s supposed to take 3 cyles for it to kick in. I’m hoping something improves soon."

Ell (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2019

"DO NOT TAKE THIS. I started it 2 weeks ago and my health has took a turn for the worst. I have had heart palpitations and a high heart rate for about a week and I have almost been hospitalized many times. I can’t even walk across a room without having to stop and catch my breath. This pill is SO dangerous and can really do damage to your heart. Please take this wisely."

Cari (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2019

"This combined pill is a dream! I've been on it for 7 years and I have recommended it to everyone. My skin is clearer, my weight didn't change, no mood swings. I tried Lucette and was a crying mess. It often takes trying a few pills to find one that suits you."

Rah (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 3, 2019

"I have PCOS, PMDD and I'm type 2 diabetes-prone (which means I had but I do not anymore but if I go back to eating bad and come off my meds I will revert)and I'm a type O blood type. I'm 5'3 and I weigh 162 thus far... Yasmin by far is the best birth control pill I have ever been on. The generic to Yasmin I tried for several months but it wasn't nearly as effective as Yasmin, my cystic acne stopped completely after a few weeks as it was very noticeable how less oily my skin became. The great thing I love about Yasmin is it covers so many of my needs; it also is an androgen blocker so it aids with my hair issues of thinning and odd places of hair growth (a gift from PCOS). I also have noticed that as long as I take it in the same time window every day that my moods are so much better... I'm not moody and angry while on this bc pill. Oh and least I forget my periods are way better and so are my horrific cramps and clots."

Kit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2019

"I have just finished my first pack of Yasmin (21 days ) and about to start my 7 day free without tablets then start my new pack. I have not seen an improvement in my skin and it seems to be getting worse. I have had no other side effects, no mood swings but have had mild cramps and mild break through bleeding but I’m hoping it’s going to improve"

G (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2019

"It helped my acne and water retention, however, I lost a lot of hair and I noticed that my muscles were smaller (very disappointing if you go to the gym for them) plus my stomach, although didn’t get bloated much due to the diuretic effect, it was never as flat as it normally was. When at the gym I noticed that my normal routine sometimes made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack, honestly haha. I was crying all the time. Made my boobs bigger, MESSED with my digestive system"

Gymgirl2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

"I've been on the Yasmin pill for just about a month and most of my acne is cleared! It came as a shock for me as I have tried Accutane, antibiotics, creams and everything on the market but Yasmin has helped tremendously! yay! let's hope it continues like that"

kelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2019

"I’m only on the tenth day of month two for Yasmin but my skin is horrible after taking it, I don’t know if I should stop yet though which is why I’m giving it a five. Before I was on this I would have quite a few spots on my face but they would never scar, now I’m scared the spots I’m getting on Yasmin will scar because they are worse. Still going to carry on and I’ll update but so far my skin looks really bad. I’m healthy and drink lots of water and I haven’t gained weight yet on it."

Bix05 April 12, 2019

"I spent a fortune on washes and face lamps for my acne before going to the doctor who prescribed me antibiotics which changed my life but they stopped working. I tried another antibiotic which didn’t work and then 2 other face creams. I was at my wits end and cried daily about my skin. I researched some more and came across Yasmin which started it 3 months ago. The first 6 weeks my skin was awful, worst it has ever been. I got cyst spots over my neck (never suffered with neck) and face and even places like my toe. I felt awful thinking I can’t wait another 2 months to see if it works. The last spot cleared 8 weeks in and I think I’ve had one spot since and even flying, drinking alcohol and being on my period which are usually all bad for my skin . When I first started my moods were all over the place but now my body is used to it that’s calmed down, one bad headache but I put that down to stress. Try it but don’t give up if your skin goes really bad like mine did!"

Dphill13 April 12, 2019

"Before taking Yasmin I used to have very bad acne- a lot of bumps on my forehead and painful pimples. However now after being on Yasmin for a few months, I have never had better skin. I haven’t had a single spot in months and am now a lot more comfortable in wearing no makeup. The first day I felt very depressed but after that was fine"

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

"My pharmacist made a mistake gave me Yasmin instead of the Yaz that I have been taking for years. The label and the print out said Yaz but the blister pack was Yasmin. I know they are very similar and because they have the same TYPE of hormone but in different amounts and the label said Yaz, I didn’t notice that I had been taking the wrong pill for 2 weeks! My eyes have been insanely dry and irritated, been bloated, gained 2 pounds. And now I have tiny little bumps all over my chest and back. I have NEVER had body acne my entire life! And I think it’s spreading to my face. I’m getting married next month and I’m freaking out! They just acted like it was no big deal. Ugh! I know everyone’s experience is different. I had no real issues with Yaz except feeling anxious but that could have been for a lot of other reasons. I’ve always maintained the same weight and had flawless skin until I was switched to this."

Anonymous April 1, 2019

"I've had moderate acne since I was 12, I'm now 18 and have been taking Yasmin for the past 3 1/2 months to help deal with it. I have noticed a difference, the pimples haven't stopped completely, they just occur less frequently and in smaller quantities, although this may have something to do with my not-so-great diet. I did have the first few weeks of taking the pill, where my skin was at its worst, but this went away after time. Along with the acne, my periods have become more regular. I have, also noticed my mood is more regulated, I'm not so all over the place, and my family and friends find me more sociable. However, when on my period I am sent into a few days of laziness, sadness and feeling quite lethargic."

Macy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2019

"I was diagnosed with PCOS at 15 and was on Diane for about 6 years, it did absolutely nothing and made me an emotional wreck. I switched to Yasmin and I’m now on my 3rd month of it. Already my moods are so much better, I feel happier in myself and don’t have the mood swings I was experiencing before. I am yet to notice any change with my acne but I’m hoping this will change as time goes on. I have not put on any weight with this pill and feel no nausea or cramps except small period cramps which last around a day, which is nothing compared to my periods without the pill. I think for anyone who has PCOS and is looking for another pill I’d definitely recommend this one as even in this small time frame I feel so much happier"

ally112 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2019

"I have been on the depo injection for 2 years which was great because I had no periods, put on a few pounds and my acne was only a bit worse but I wanted to take break as depo affects your bones. I have face and body acne as I'm quite oily and it's probably also due to hormones so I started yasmin. I'm only one pack down (three weeks) and found this thread as I've just started breaking out really bad! Mostly whiteheads on my forehead, cheeks and jaw. I will leave another review when I finish my 3 month prescription, I hope it improves. I feel very nauseous after taking it but as a result I'm losing weight haha."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2019

"I went on this pill to for birth control and to minimize acne. Keep in mind that prior to this I had moderate breakouts once in a while. Going on this pill was the worst experience of my life, I had constant bleeding (3/3.5 out of 4 weeks of the month) and I developed horrible cystic acne. My mood was also terrible but I'll blame that on the constant bleeding and my horrendous acne. I will say that I did not gain any weight."

ac19 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2019

"I am 19 and have had mild to severe acne all throughout my teen years. I have tried so many different acne products such as proactive and other prescription creams but nothing ever worked. It really lowered my self esteem and I would never leave the house without makeup. I decided to try Yasmin because it was the only thing left to try before accutane and plus my periods were really irregular, so I was hoping it would help that as well. I have now been on Yasmin for 8 months and my skin is completely clear with just a few pimples every once and awhile. Also my periods regulated as soon as I started the pill. My face didn’t get worse at the beginning but it does take a few months to see results. I have been a little more moody since I started and have gained a little bit of weight (I also haven’t been exercising), but I’m for sure going to stay on it because my face is the clearest it’s ever been and I now feel comfortable leaving my house without makeup."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2019

"I've always had very oily skin since I was about 15, and have always had moderate, very irritated acne. Every single pimple leaves a mark on my skin, I suffer form really bad hyper pigmentation even if I don't pop or touch my face when a pimple appears. My acne has never been "Severe," it just gets bad around my period and is hormonal. I have been on Yasmin for 2 months and a half, and am almost done with my second pack and my face is TERRIBLE. I have never had this many pimples. I made a mistake trusting the reviews that say "Stick with it for at least 3 months" no. Only stick with it if you see improvement, and it shouldn't take more than 6-8 weeks to see improvement, If your acne is still getting worse, like mine, stop taking it. It is not for everyone. My mood swings have also been crazy like never before. This pill made me depressed, and just feel sad all the time. Please do not take this unless you have PCOS or very severe hormonal acne."

Keren (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2019

"This pill is AMAZING for acne. It will clear your skin up in a jiffy....the downside however, from my experience, you get very depressed and anxious around my period."

ChantieNicole (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2019

"I have suffered acne over the past couple of years. I was on the implant and decided to come off as I put it down to being hormonal. I have tried most shop bought cleansers etc and I found that nothing was working. The doctor put me onto the Yasmin pill and after 3 months of using it all of my spots have cleared up. I get the occasional spot but my skin is no longer inflamed, painful or covered in spots. I would also recommend benzoyl peroxide cream. I don’t normally write reviews but after what I’ve been through I would love to help other people. Hope this helps."

Ronnie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2018

"I never had very bad acne but did not have perfect skin either. When I started Yasmin for 3 months my skin was breaking out more than ever but after those months my skin cleared up and I almost never break out and it is much better than before I took the pill."

Miami (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2018

"I had always had really good skin so when I started having acne at 23 years old I was distraught. Before taking Yasmin I tried antibiotics that did not work and made me feel sick! So decided to try Yasmin the doctor said it would be about a month before I saw any really difference. Still after three weeks was still breaking out everyday and completely stressing out. I was in panic I exfoliated my whole bloody chin off, burnt my face off with retinoids and benzoyl and cried most nights. One week into my second pack I have not had a pimple in 5 days is amazing. I also take zinc supplements, probiotics and magnesium which help. I have decided to share my experience because reading the reviews helped me believe things would get better. Acne destroyed myself esteem and made me very depressed and self conscious. Yasmin worked wonders for me and I’m so grateful. Just know you are beautiful no matter what and know that acne is only temporary and will get better if you keep trying."

Anonymous November 30, 2018

"Before taking Yasmin I had NEVER had particularly bad skin. I did breakout occasionally but it is NOTHING like what I've experienced on yasmin. I started almost two months ago and my skin has been THE WORST. it might work for people with severe acne but don't go on if your acne is mild. it sucks. so much. "

Lgmulcahy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

"I have been on Yasmin for a month now, I’ve just had my first break week. I went on cilest for about 6 months and my acne didn’t improve. I decided to go back to the doctors to try another contraceptive pill as I am in a relationship. I did my research and was hoping for Yasmin, regardless of the reviews. So far, I can’t say my acne has improved as it does go in stages, but within the first month I don’t have MORE spots than usual, but instead of them being on my cheeks like they normally would, they’re on my chin ( which makes sense with hormones ). I am feeling confident that this will completely clear my skin within the next few months. I haven’t had many side effects (so far) apart from feeling a little sick in the morning of the first few days and then spotting for a day in the middle of the pill pack. I know that acne seems like such a long journey to get a cure, but honestly I can’t believe already that one month is over and I’m onto my second pill pack!"

El October 24, 2018

"I started taking Yasmin on the 01-08-18 a few days later I started having breakouts like never before, I felt like giving up. I then thought I should give it 6months cos I had the acne prone skin. On my second pack the same happened, ok I didn't give up, good news is when I was about to finish the second pack my face was so smooth and I couldn't believe it. Hey I'm on my 3rd pack now I really really like my face it's so beautiful like never before. I'm acne free. However I I did change my make up, changed diet, cut sugary things and dairy products and I also steamed my face with green tea 2 times in a week, there after I applied baking powder, leave it for 15min then rinse with cold or luke water. I'm continuing with it. It is definitely doing wonders for me. Don't give up ladies and please do drink lots of water. And other thing I guess they work perfectly when taken at night not morning."

Elle October 9, 2018

"Had to comment after reading the negative reviews on here! I was on Microgynon 30 for 6 years before switching to Yasmin because of acne developing on my face. I've just finished my first month, and honestly, Im finding it really positive! I only felt nauseous for the first day, and after that, all I have to say is positive! My sex drive has absolutely gone through the roof, the boobs are increasing in size (I'm a 32A), no weight gain, and my moods in general are so much better! The only reason I am marking this down is because I'm still waiting for more improvement to my skin, but that can take up to 6 months so I wasn't expecting miracles after 1 month. Girls, I would ABSOLUTELY stress, take these reviews with a pinch of salt - I am in a group of 6 girls and we must have gone through at least 12 pills in total before we all found ones that suited each of us, and like a previous reviewer has said, how many people actually bother to comment with a positive review?"

Louise20 October 6, 2018