User Reviews for Yaz (Page 4)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 261 reviews 295 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 448 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Menstrual Disorders "I was taking this pill for pcos..i was fine for the 1st 24 days...after the 4 days of not taking it i then resumed and i started bleeding but the pain that has come with it is unbearable im now going onto my 5th day of intense pain..i too have taking myself off this pill and i hope the pain subsides soon."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was recently put on birth control for the first time. I am 24 years old and have always had heavy periods with severe cramping on the front end of my cycle. I chose this BC not only for these symptoms and contraception, but also for acne. I didn't see a major change in the acne. My period was much much lighter lasting about 3-4 days and the cramping was much more tolerable.... HOWEVER, this pill made me crazy. After a few weeks, I experienced EXTREME mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry and become very irrational, which is something I have never experienced before. My boyfriend quickly picked up on my emotional instability and said I was no longer acting like myself. Needless to say.. after 6 weeks, I am calling it quits."

Stephanie2107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Im 20 yr old and have been on birth control for 2 yr now ive tried every pill and even the implant each of them have cause horrid pains and bleeding, i havent got pregnant but experience bad moods and weight gain, nodoctor can seem to help its very frustrating that each doctors visit ive only been prescribed a higher dosage of the pill (now yaz) i feel like the only person who is experiencing this and if the doctors cant help what the heck am i supposed to do"

Helplessvag June 21, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz for 3 months. The heavy bleeding, agony and cramps have all stopped. Plus the cravings. Although I feel very low and depressed. I seem to be overly sensitive and raw all the time. It's becoming harder to contain myself around loved ones as I am so emotional and seem to snap at everything and everyone. I would seriously recommend wheather this is the right option if you suffer from mental health issues or you are prone to it. I generally do feel anxious without the pill, although I have been feeling depressed recently, and it's dreadful"

Fateemah June 20, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I was taking this pill for PCOS and heavy periods, and also birth control. While it helped my period become regular (which is very, very nice), and I guess lightened my period (but not by much), the side effects are just too much. I've never had such intense breast pain in my life (I even tested for pregnancy to be sure I wasn't missing something), acne that I never had even as a teenager has been plaguing me, and my mood swings are awful. I switch from happy to angry and depressed within minutes, which isn't like me at all. I'm moving off this pill thank the Lord."

NickyKM (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I struggled with acne all of high school. It wasn't extreme in any way, but it was definitely a problem. I tried 2 different antibiotics and then 3 birth controls before yaz. The first 3 months I noticed a slow improvement in my skin. By the third month it was at least 10x better. I haven't gotten any more large pimples, and I used to get occasional patches of acne, and I haven't yet. It really has been great!"

sarah111111111 June 19, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Okay, so I started Yaz because I had really bad cystic acne that would not go away, no matter what I did, as well as irregular, heavy periods. So I went to my doctor and they put me on it. Did it work? Well, yes and no. My acne was worse than ever for a couple months, though it has pretty much gone away for good now. My periods are much lighter and regular, except for when I missed one. That didn't end well. I am three months in now, but then I heard that in Canada alone, many people have died from thrombosis directly linked to the use of Yaz. As such, I am discontinuing it as of the end of this month. As great as it is for my acne to be gone... A miracle cure for pimples is something I've decided isn't worth my life."

Mad Princess Mia June 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz for 5 weeks i have put on 7kilos wake up to swollen fingers have sore hard breast completely no sex drive and the worst a week after taking yaz i got a chest infection thought was viral had antibiotics its now 4 weeks of chest infection googled yaz symptoms and saw it can cause upper respiratory infectuions omg couldn't belive a month of hardly being abile to breath time off work and doctors visits to descover its yaz causing it i stoped it today and have had a bad head ache tonight hope its out of my system quickly"

yelromhsat June 18, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Went on this just for birth control. My acne has always been mild, break out near period usually. When i started the pill i broke out for the first 2 months in places i don't normally break out (cystic too). It was pretty sad because i don't normally break out that bad. On my third pack now though and my skin is pretty much clear again. My period pain used to be severe though and now they are much better (period has always been regular and short, 3-4 days). I have increased a cup in breast size too. I haven't gained any weight or had any cravings since on the pill. However i have had a couple days where i would feel sad/moody for no reason, and get nausea randomly but not too bad."

bcreview (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started Yaz about a year ago. First it wasn't too bad seeing as my previous pills made my legs swell some kind of crazy. But now into a year and 20 pounds heavier I've decided to come off of them. Between the weight gain, now swelling legs, being tired all the time, no sex drive, mood swings like no ones business, and random spotting, the only thing good that has came out of these pills is the fact I haven't gotten pregnant."

Candi Y June 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was put on Yaz and then the lower dosage of it, so in total i have been on one form or the other for about 5 months now. I thought i was losing my mind until reading more about this b/c. I gained about 12 pounds (all in my boobs, thighs, love handles and stumach) as i eat a ton now, i actually am starting to feel like im falling into depression again, im always ready to snap, and im in a constant state of exhaustion. Im so glad to have read on this page and others that it is all due to side effects. (I also was going thru another med change and blamed that, but the side effects have nothing in common with the symptoms i have) I am dropping this tonight. Id rather have the horrible periods i was dealindealin than these side effects."

Melj730 June 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Hey! I started taking Yaz over a year ago for birth control and partially for mild acne, I do think it helped my acne and it was an extremely reliable birth control but I fell into a serious state of depression that led to a hospitalization. I think it's great for skin and birth control, but definitely ask your doctor about depression!"

KD101 May 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had a myelogram done on my neck 24 hrs. later i had a major Stroke Dr. said Yaz caused the Stroke is that possible?????"

Marty may (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Im always in a constant state of anxiety and depression, im nervous all the time and generally feel like someone has just died. Been feeling this way consistently for 10 years, I take atleast one panic attack everyday. Ive been on meds, gone to counselling and nothings worked.Ive only been taking Yaz for a few days but within an hour of taking it on the first day I went from feeling anxious to totally calm, is this what it's like to feel normal?. Ive been anxiety and depression free for 3 days now.so im thinking the cause of this anxiety was a hormonal or chemical imbalance that yaz has regulated? I didnt initially take yaz for this reason. Happy accident. Ive also no period cramps.Ill update if anything changes as its early days."

Talullah May 13, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Worst pill ever. This pill has caused me to be extremely moody. My boobs have gone from a 34B to a 36C and I'm tired all the time. I get headaches alot. Would not recommend getting on this pill to anyone"

janelafy May 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Menstrual Disorders "I have very, very heavy periods and PCOS (high testosterone, high androgens, etc). I started out on Loestrin 1/20 and lost about 20 pounds in one month. Yay! After a while, it became less effective and my heavier periods were coming back after about a year. Come in Loryna (generic Yaz) and I'm back in heaven again. It's been around a year, and it's less effective. :( The heavy periods, dizziness, etc are coming back. I'm not sure what else to try... I'm not sure why they work at first then increasingly become less effective. Either way, I love the pill. I'm single and the almost non-existent libido is a plus! I can focus on important things than sex always on my mind. I highly recommend it. Yeah, it also causes dryness there."

B_Tanya May 2, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This pill is my first one and it's okay BUT My acne is not gone already (after 3 months). I have cystic acne in the chin, around the mouth. Maybe I have to wait more... Also, it gave me vaginal dryness -_- (the lube don't help) so I have to buy products (like Vagisil Prohydrate, Replens) to help this condition."

Suzie0967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "well so far my menstruation while using yaz pills is really regular. everything while on yaz was perfect! I am hoping after I am done with my 3rd box I will try and get pregnant!"

lotski (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "As far as birth control... never got pregnant. That is the only plus. Horrible cramps, heavy bleeding, soaking thru tampons in an hour or less, passing of large clots, headaches. Looking forward to switching off to a different BCP"

jparker19 April 8, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I just start Yaz almost 4 weeks ago. I am 42 years old, I have my tubes tied so I don't need this for birth control but I started having perimenapause issues and I needed something to fix my hormones asap. I actually asked for Yaz. The first three days I was extremely tired but I was also extremely chill. After day 2 things started looking better and each day after that it gets better and better. This has helped the moods quite a bit, right now the only con is that my sex drive is lower but I am going to give my body some more time to adjust to the hormones before I make any changes. I plan on taking this pill back to back to eliminate my periods. I'll check back in another month."

slewis1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on the generic version of Yaz for 7 days now. I have been nauseated for 7 days and have resulted to taking Zofran (ondanestron) 4 times so that I could eat food. Previously I was on a non-hormonal IUD (Paraguard) but had to have surgery to remove it after it was expelled from my uterus and punctured and embedded in the uterus wall. I'm hopeful that the nausea will go away soon because it's impacted my daily activities."

CJ1234 March 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Heavy bleeding and intense cramping were my primary concerns for starting birth control and since I still bled heavy on my first pill I was switched to Yaz. The good is that the mild acne I did have is now non-existent, no more cramps, and my cycle is the lightest it's ever been. I can actually *want* to do more than stay in bed during my cycle. The bad is the random spotting. Theoretically it's caused by not taking the pill at the same time everyday but I keep a pretty tight schedule so it sucks. The mood swings are also discouraging. I feel myself getting mad or either sad about literally anything more often now. I've also picked up about 10 lbs despite the same eating habits and activity level."

MaddieK (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Well my Dr wanted me to try it instead of depo.. but I cramp while not even on my period now and have chest pains about an hour after taking it. I looked up reviews because of the chest pains ... and no surprise others experience chest pain with it. I wouldn't recommend it. Also the days of the week label falls off and gets me off track. That doesn't help.."

Si Cov March 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm currently still on yaz because my mother won't let me off Of it. I'm 18 and not using yaz for contraception but for depression and anxiety which I find horrendous that my doctor has kinda just gone "you're a female it must be your period!" Idiot. However yaz was kind of working at the start everything has gone downhill and now in my 4th month of using it I'm thinking of stopping taking them against my doctor and mother because my periods irregular, I drink a lot of water but I'm constipated daily, I have funny discharge, I've put on weight, I have headaches and feel dizzy, closer to my period I get sick and feel like vomiting and I'm not happy these pills don't help me how they're supposed to they just hurt me."

Arrabella March 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have struggled with acne since I was fifteen and nothing I would take or use helped it ever, and I did not want to take acutane. My doctor suggested I take birth control to help clear my skin and this has made my skin completely clear and I'm very glad. I did break out worse for the first three months but then my skin was completely clear, I did not gain weight in fact I lost two pounds at first, and it did make my boobs bigger, and they were sore at first but nothing terrible. The only problem I have is that it does make me really emotional the week before or the week after my period but nothing extreme, just irritability, sometimes crying at random things."

speezy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 26, 2016