User Reviews for Yaz (Page 2)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 253 reviews 295 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 440 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Acne "Yaz made me a crazy person. I literally felt out of control every few days and it felt like my emotions were not my own. I basically destroyed my relationship and it's hanging on by a thread. I stopped taking it in the middle of the month because I couldn't take it anymore. I did a bunch of stuff I would never do normally and I am looking back on all of it and it feels like a fog."

bbcks November 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I'm a 26 yrs old who took yaz for only 3 months. At first, it seemed to work just fine.. no side effects and it even helped improving my pms. Shockingly, i got massive iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis after only 3 months!!!! Now i have completely clogged major veins in one limb and bed ridden at the age of 26, bearing in mind that i'm a healthy fit person without any underlying cause of thrombosis. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anybody."

M.k (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Very very horrible. Made me gain so much of weight. And kinda messed everything up as well, period was late for two weeks and barely bleed when I did get my period. A lot of water retention and bloating. So much for less side effects."

Vandrossflower (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Yaz is the WORST birth control I have ever been on!! Other birth controls would stop my period for like a month but then everything would straighten out and my period would be perfectly regular. I've been on Yaz for 4 or 5 months now, taking it at the same time every day and I never know when I'm gonna have my period or how long it's gonna be. I've been having a period every other week! That is not right!!! Also one period lasted 15 days. This is unacceptable. I am done taking Yaz. Will not recommend to anyone, ever."

Gabby32697 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "The best contraceptive pill i have been on. I fell pregnant immediately after stopping yaz. It controlled my pms symptoms migraines , acne weight the works. The only pill that has all the benefits. I tried others & got bad reactions. This is the best of the best."

Annabellz (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched off my old birth control because insurance didn't cover it and $80/mo just became too much to handle. My doctor recommended yaz despite the fact my old birth control was completely different hormonally while I didn't gain any weight on yaz I did feel bloated and retained water for the whole week before my period and then the week of my period as well. I was anxious and short tempered I even became violent towards my husband for absolutely no reason. It wasn't until this began that I knew I had to change something I couldnt live like this this is not me at all. I couldnt believe how moody I felt and how it felt like my insides were fighting every time anything would happen. I havent given my new birth control enough time but we'll see"

AO2016 November 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm a healthy 20 year old with no history of blood clots, and my doc prescribed YAZ, though I couldn't even finish one month's pack. I noticed a significant clear-up in my breakouts, but it wasn't enough to outweigh the side effects: nausea/vomiting, diharrea, breast tenderness, mood swings, and migraines. The final straw came with a sudden lingering pain accompanied by swelling in my upper right leg that lasted for several hours before abating. I have nothing to confirm that this was a blood clot or was related to the drug, but further research revealed to me that YAZ is currently under thousands of lawsuits due to debilitating and fatal blood clots in seemingly healthy girls. I am now off of YAZ with no intention of returning to it."

Brown-eyedTexan (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Well...i start using yaz 3 months ago and my face now looks terrible. Is so much worse then before. I can not go out and i feel so bad. When i start it i had only a few pimples in my right cheek but now all my face is coved with very ugly and big acne. But im still waiting...im in the third week of my third pack now and hoping for some improvment"

Ariel37y4647 November 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I switched to this from Junel Fe because I was hoping to help my acne and weight gain (gained 10 pounds on Junel). I only took the pill for five days but had to leave work early two days and went straight to bed by 6pm every night due to a severe headache and overall feeling of lethargy and dizziness. I felt short of breath by day two and it remained until I quit taking the pill. I also had extreme anxiety. I got severe allergy type symptoms by day two and felt feverish. I stopped taking Yaz yesterday and already feel better. No headache today, no feverish feeling, no anxiety. still congested but no feeling short of breath anymore. I also noticed that I gained 2 pounds in the week I was on Yaz. Yikes! I have not changed my diet at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Yaz at 14 and I didn't mind it. Now that Im older and more educated on birth control I decided to get an IUD thats hormone free (Paragard) I love it much more than Yaz and I dont have to worry about side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Girls, it really depends on your body type and how you process the hormones intake I am using yaz, and its my first time of ever using birth controll pills, and when i read the reviews here it made me scared and unsecure . why? Because of all the *NEVER TAKE THIS PILL * * IT DOESNT WORK * * IT IS HORRIBLE* comments. You never know how it is going to work for someone else .. in my experience yaz has been great since the beginning : no cramps , no pms , no headache , no nausea ( use it before you sleep or in a full stomach ) , nothing except for a little bloating in the first week and breast tenderness. hope it works for you too"

mei123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "iIve been using yaz pills for 1 yr and 4months as birth control pills and I am 26 yrs old now and my ob from tmc recommend this pills. Additional from yaz it does wonder for me I stay look young because of my skin , everybody says I'm always blooming . they ask me if I'm taking glutathione .hehe but not."

gjci October 31, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I've been on this for almost two months now and in my short experience it has done wonders. My old periods would cause severe cramps, nausea, vomiting, periods lasting up to 16 days, and horrible mood swings. For roughly the two weeks around my period I was so sad and honestly thought there was something wrong with me. But now my periods (so far) are short, almost painless, and no vomiting. My mood swings have toned down so much I forgot what it was like to be this calm. The only issue I find is I have gained fat (but not weight??) as I've eaten more so that really is my own fault. And I have very tender, dense, sore breasts that I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. But this definitely isn't as bad as how I used to be so very good!"

DJade1 October 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I came off Tri-Lo and I started using Yaz to fix my acne (moderate to severe). I also went on Yasmin to fix my acne (it was much much better). I have been on this pill for nearly 3 months and am so anxious to change it. There has been no positive change regarding my acne issues. My depression has gotten worse as a side effect. Usually my PMS starts a day or two before my period, but on Yaz it starts around a full week prior and it's a lot more intense. When I was on Tri-Lo I only got cramps a bit, and they weren't very painful. On Yaz, I've gotten cramps for each period and each time has been increasingly painful. I get yeast infections before every period. I have never gotten a yeast infection before using Yaz!!!"

distinct October 27, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "After dealing with bad acne, my dr. recommended Yaz. Since I started, I was spotting for days at a time randomly in the middle of my cycle. I read the packaging and it said this was normal for the first 1-3 months. However, 6 months later I am still experiencing spotting, extreme depression and anxiety, lack of motivation, acne, breast tenderness for 3 weeks of the month, and chest pain and shortness of breath. My periods would last so long and be extremely painful, when they used to be light and easy to deal with. I'm about to finish my last pack of this drug and switch to another birth control pill I had no problems with in the past and be done with Yaz for good."

gocubsgo27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "its been almost a year using Yaz and ever since i started it changed my cycle completely, the color of my period change to a dark brown color, my flow even changed. Cramping did not stop but infact made it worse. so a month back i wanted to skip my period so i did not take the white pills, after having skipped them started spotting, a week later i got my period which lasted for longerthan usual for approximately two weeks. i then consulted my doctor who gave me pills to stop the flow but it still persisted even today im still spotting. im confused and very worried as i dont know what to do. if i stop taking Yaz i know that the bleeding will continue so question is how do i make it stop."

CassAndy October 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for about 3 years now as my period was very irregular and sometimes even got it twice a month...Yaz has absolutely changed my life it's been controlling my menstruations it's perfectly on time according to my pills I've never had any weird side effects and it's also helped with the cramping a bit but not as much as the control it offers over your period.! Very happy!!"

megan5700 October 10, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Yaz is the only birth control that has ever worked for me, I am 25 and have been on it since I was 16. Throughout that time i have tried multiple other options including the generic. All failed miserably. Yaz is not covered by my insurance and i still pay the full cost every month because it works so well for me."

Anonymous September 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for five months. My periods are regular, great! However, regularity isn't worth the side effects. I experience crippling cramps, nausea and vomiting, horrible break out/cystic acne around my period (I've never been acne prone), and insane mood swings... :( I don't taking it and it only got worse AH! Talk to your doctor and don't do it on your own! Also, can I just say I think it's ridiculous the medical system labels menstruation effects as 'disorders' - last time I checked it's pretty natural. Is my uterus really that diseased, doc'?"

unhappy123456789 September 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Menstrual Disorders "Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with Yaz. I am 20 years old, and have been suffering from Endometriosis for about 7 years. Yaz was the first medication that was used to treat my condition (for 2 years), and it actually increased my pain. The goal of the medication was to stop getting my periods completely (skipping the white sugar pills) so that I would avoid the painful cramps, and to slow down the growth of the uterine lining growing outside of my uterus. #1: I kept getting my period every month regardless of skipping the sugar pills. #2: I was SO nauseous while taking these pills. #3: The pain was CRAZY. It either did not help the pain whatsoever or made it worse. My advice: NO"

breadcrumb2211 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was put on yaz about 5 weeks ago.at first I had no side effects.after I started the second set I started bleeding.it has been ongoing for 10 days now and all I wanna do is cry.I have no energy.and it did not help with straightening out my period like the doctor said it would.I stopped taking it and I feel better just gotta figure out y I'm still bleeding.the doctor said I was primenaposal. I seriously doubt birth control can help with that.I'm ready for second opinion.I will never take yaz ever again.plus the pain was 10 times worse."

mommieof3 September 24, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "im using yaz 2 years now and its so effective for me i try many other pills but the side efffects is it takes a bad to my health but when i take yaz my i have no acne ang it lightens my skin. Can i use yaz as a whitening pills? Thanks"

Caye (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I started taking Yaz as my birth control in high school (I'm 25 now) to prevent getting pregnant and as treatment for my moderate acne. It is my holy grail. I used to get consistent breakouts on my forehead and chin, and since using Yaz my acne has completely cleared up. My skin is literally beautiful to the point that my friends will comment how good my skin is. Last year, I decided to give the non-hormonal IUD ParaGard a try because I didn't want the hassle of taking a pill every day. During that time (about 5 months) that I wasn't taking Yaz, my skin broke out terribly. I thought it would calm down after a couple of months once my body had adjusted but it never did. I also started having much more dramatic mood swings during that time."

boudikah September 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I Changed to Yaz after my other contraceptive (Levlin) made my skin breakout and made me irrationally emotional. My skin cleared up in 1 month! I didn't have cystic acne but I always got big patchy breakouts. My skin is so smooth and I'm a lot less emotional lol. I'm also on a whole bunch of medications for epilepsy so the fact that this pill can level my emotions is pretty fantastic. I haven't experience any muscle pain, acne worsening, or any other of the side effects other people have mentioned. Guess it depends on the person. I've also noticed it has given me more energy which means I can excerise 5 times a week instead of 3 which is also much healthier for me! Definately give Yaz a try!"

Lilly4567 September 11, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "My reason for taking yaz was my bad cystic acne, which completely stopped in the 1St week!! Wow right..now just waiting for the skin to heal. However, my last week was kinda hell, constipated for more than 4 days and starting to get cramps, worse than before,my mental stability was a bit rough the 1st week. I'm giving it 3 months to see what happens, feeling hopeful as my body is adjusting!"

Bee1712 September 9, 2016