User Reviews for Yaz (Page 2)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 265 reviews 299 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 454 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I was prescribed this pill to treat PMS however, taking this medication was the worst experience of my life. It alleviated anxiety but it made me severely depressed and paranoid. I am a fairly active person and I would go running every day. As soon as I began to take the pill I lost motivation to do the things I enjoyed and it got to the point where I did not even want to leave the house. I also almost lost my job over it. I tried to quit three times in one week and luckily my employer would not let me end my career and encouraged me to stay. Taking this medication also damaged my relationships with my friends and my partner and almost costed me my relationship. Please do not take this medication. "

Bianca1987 December 28, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The only reason why I am giving it 2 stars is because it did clear my acne better than any product I have ever used. I got on it after my mirena was removed 4 months ago and it's the only pill form of birth control I have ever taken. However, as soon as I am done with my red pills I will not be taking it anymore. It has made me a lunatic. I am so bipolar/emotionally unstable/depressed its not even funny!! I am destroying my relationship with my mood swings/instability. I'll be okay for a day or two and then I start feeling crazy again. I cry constantly for no reason. I'm even having nightmares almost every night. Hopefully switching to a different pill will help."

RACHAEL0627 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Worst mistake of my life. I was on Yaz for 3 months, my acne is worse than ever, I gained a lot of weight, my mental health has never been so bad - anxiety, depression, my self esteem is so low it's terrifying. I would not recommend this medication to anyone - but I understand everyone is different and some have had great experiences with Yaz. Unfortunately I was not one of them."

Chelle Seay December 24, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Yaz BC pills when I was 16 Years old. I am now 18 and still taking them and they have been a MIRACLE! When I was 16, I had LOTS of small, red acne all over my face, I tried and tried and tried with many topical creams to help reduce it and make them vanish, but nothing worked. (Although Benzyl Peroxide did help my acne on my forehead, but my cheeks/chin/mouth area was still horrible). My doctor prescribed me Yaz, and it honestly was the best decision. I started noticing my pimples vanishing after the first month of taking it. The only downside about this pill for me is, I am now 18 and have horrible mood swings. I get mad at people for no reason, and cry over nothing. After 2 years, I am gonna take a break from taking it."

Dxo December 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz for 2 months and started to become anxious, paranoid, and depreesed. I asked my doc to get off it and she told me to give it more time. I got off it, nevertheless, because I did not need it. My life improved dramatically over the next 6 months. I started dating again, so I decided to give the pill another shot. I started to be anxious and insecure immediately. I started believing and accusing the person I was seeing of not being into me and got upset at him over the littlest things. A week before my period I went into full anxious and depression mode. It felt like the world was ending. I also experienced severe cramps, migraines, and bled for 2 weeks. I am now off this drug for 2 days and noticed an immediate difference."

HT2283 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on it for 2 months and got extremely moody, emotional, anxious, and tired. I went to my OBGYN, and asked her if I should stop it. I was told to give it more time. I am normally a bubbly happy person, so I wasn't sure what was going on. Nevertheless, I stopped the pill because I didn't need it. After I got off it, I had the best 6 months of my life where I was happy confident. I started dating someone and went on the pill again 5 weeks ago. I started feeling insecure, anxious, paranoid and started believing and accusing him of not being into me and got mad at him at little things. I had heavy bleeding for 2 weeks straight and a week before my period I went into depression and had severe migraines. Will not take this drug ever again"

HT83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This was the second BC I have ever taken. It was absolutely terrible. I have always had light periods (panty liner light) and no cramps. When I took this birth control I had such horrible cramps that I kept throwing up. I continued to take it, but after bleeding like a water fall for a week and a half I called my doctor. She told me that I had to finish taking it for a month or else I had the possibility of bleeding to death. So I bled the entire month. I didn't receive another period until 3 months later. Don't take this birth control"

Lady98 December 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I used Yaz over a year. After a while I started to get random sudden pains in my arms and legs. Once my finger got clogged. I could even see blue spot under skin and my fingertip went white and numb. But luckily it went away. But the worst was my knees started to hurt a lot, doctors didn´t know why. I coulnd´t bend my knees or walk without pain. It lasted about two months. And then I assumed it was because of the pills. I quit Yaz and after some time pain was gone, also I haven´t had any random pain attack in my arms or legs. Quality of life improved dramatically. Haven´t had courage to use any birth control pill after that."

Nelly123 December 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've had mild to moderate acne since I was 14 (now 24, 10 yrs!) and I've tried EVERYTHING but nothing seemed to cure my acne for the long run. It started getting worse in my 20s and I was determined that it was a hormonal imbalance. After some research I decided to try Yaz... I really wish I hadn't. I was on it for 3 mths and 1 week, taking it every day at the same time. For the first 6 weeks, there were no changes. After that until I stopped... my acne just kept getting aggressively worse and worse with no signs of improvement. I've never seen my skin so bad in my life! Clogged pores, cysts, blackheads, whiteheads, pustules started popping up almost daily even in places I've never had acne. Just didn't work for me. :("

Anonymous December 13, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm 27 years old and I have always had beautiful skin until recently. I started taking yaz two months ago for my severe acne. I'm all honesty I don't see any difference . My face itches terribly everyday and my acne seems to get even worse. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm so self conscious and I can't even look people in the eye because I don't feel or look beautiful any longer. Please help"

SOS please........ December 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I used Yaz when I was in varsity as I had SEVERE acne. it took a couple of months to clear but when it did, my skin was completely clear!! I used it straight through for about 8 years. I decided to stop using it for about a year as I am much older now and assumed my hormones were in balance. It took about 4 months for my acne to start re-appearing and now its worse than ever again!! So I'm going back on Yaz and I'm on month two and my acne keeps worsening each day! I'm just trying to be patient and hopefully soon it will clear my skin again! I guess Accutane will be my option for a permanent solution because I cannot be on the pill for life!! *Hopeful for a clear skin soon*"

AkuaB December 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on yaz for about 8 years. Used to love it. Only use it to control my period and symptoms from PCOS. I'm 38 with no kids (don't want any...crazy busy correctional nurse!) And a part time smoker. I've had quite a bit of spotting especially after intercourse which is actually active bleeding. My mood is quite crazy too lately. My gyno wants me to try this IUD but I refuse. I'm scared to go off this pill now. Anyone with these issues? I'm tempting to get a hysterectomy or partial....suggestions?"

Lacang December 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Switched from my old BC to yaz and immediately felt a difference the first few days I was SO emotional. VERY significantly so. By the end of the first week I was full on depressed and it continued on to the second week. Everything triggered me. :( but I like the sticker on the top with the days."

Ggchen December 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I first took Yaz when I was 17. It was my first time taking birth control so I didn't know what to expect, but it was HORRIBLE. Everyday I took Yaz I fell sick with nausea and couldn't do much of anything without the fear of throwing up. Finally, when my symptoms obviously were not going away, mom called my doctor and told them that I needed something else. They then prescribed me Loryna. I never had any problems with it, and I've been taking it for three years. Unfortunately, due to a change in my insurance, I had to stop taking Loryna because it wouldn't be covered anymore. So today, I found a package on my doorstep, and inside was Yaz. I'm too terrified to start taking it again, so I need to talk to my doctor as soon as I get the chance."

Lorelei95 December 4, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Yaz made me a crazy person. I literally felt out of control every few days and it felt like my emotions were not my own. I basically destroyed my relationship and it's hanging on by a thread. I stopped taking it in the middle of the month because I couldn't take it anymore. I did a bunch of stuff I would never do normally and I am looking back on all of it and it feels like a fog."

bbcks November 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm a 26 yrs old who took yaz for only 3 months. At first, it seemed to work just fine.. no side effects and it even helped improving my pms. Shockingly, i got massive iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis after only 3 months!!!! Now i have completely clogged major veins in one limb and bed ridden at the age of 26, bearing in mind that i'm a healthy fit person without any underlying cause of thrombosis. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anybody."

M.k (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Very very horrible. Made me gain so much of weight. And kinda messed everything up as well, period was late for two weeks and barely bleed when I did get my period. A lot of water retention and bloating. So much for less side effects."

Vandrossflower (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Yaz is the WORST birth control I have ever been on!! Other birth controls would stop my period for like a month but then everything would straighten out and my period would be perfectly regular. I've been on Yaz for 4 or 5 months now, taking it at the same time every day and I never know when I'm gonna have my period or how long it's gonna be. I've been having a period every other week! That is not right!!! Also one period lasted 15 days. This is unacceptable. I am done taking Yaz. Will not recommend to anyone, ever."

Gabby32697 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "The best contraceptive pill i have been on. I fell pregnant immediately after stopping yaz. It controlled my pms symptoms migraines , acne weight the works. The only pill that has all the benefits. I tried others & got bad reactions. This is the best of the best."

Annabellz (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched off my old birth control because insurance didn't cover it and $80/mo just became too much to handle. My doctor recommended yaz despite the fact my old birth control was completely different hormonally while I didn't gain any weight on yaz I did feel bloated and retained water for the whole week before my period and then the week of my period as well. I was anxious and short tempered I even became violent towards my husband for absolutely no reason. It wasn't until this began that I knew I had to change something I couldnt live like this this is not me at all. I couldnt believe how moody I felt and how it felt like my insides were fighting every time anything would happen. I havent given my new birth control enough time but we'll see"

AO2016 November 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm a healthy 20 year old with no history of blood clots, and my doc prescribed YAZ, though I couldn't even finish one month's pack. I noticed a significant clear-up in my breakouts, but it wasn't enough to outweigh the side effects: nausea/vomiting, diharrea, breast tenderness, mood swings, and migraines. The final straw came with a sudden lingering pain accompanied by swelling in my upper right leg that lasted for several hours before abating. I have nothing to confirm that this was a blood clot or was related to the drug, but further research revealed to me that YAZ is currently under thousands of lawsuits due to debilitating and fatal blood clots in seemingly healthy girls. I am now off of YAZ with no intention of returning to it."

Brown-eyedTexan (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Well...i start using yaz 3 months ago and my face now looks terrible. Is so much worse then before. I can not go out and i feel so bad. When i start it i had only a few pimples in my right cheek but now all my face is coved with very ugly and big acne. But im still waiting...im in the third week of my third pack now and hoping for some improvment"

Ariel37y4647 November 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched to this from Junel Fe because I was hoping to help my acne and weight gain (gained 10 pounds on Junel). I only took the pill for five days but had to leave work early two days and went straight to bed by 6pm every night due to a severe headache and overall feeling of lethargy and dizziness. I felt short of breath by day two and it remained until I quit taking the pill. I also had extreme anxiety. I got severe allergy type symptoms by day two and felt feverish. I stopped taking Yaz yesterday and already feel better. No headache today, no feverish feeling, no anxiety. still congested but no feeling short of breath anymore. I also noticed that I gained 2 pounds in the week I was on Yaz. Yikes! I have not changed my diet at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Yaz at 14 and I didn't mind it. Now that Im older and more educated on birth control I decided to get an IUD thats hormone free (Paragard) I love it much more than Yaz and I dont have to worry about side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Girls, it really depends on your body type and how you process the hormones intake I am using yaz, and its my first time of ever using birth controll pills, and when i read the reviews here it made me scared and unsecure . why? Because of all the *NEVER TAKE THIS PILL * * IT DOESNT WORK * * IT IS HORRIBLE* comments. You never know how it is going to work for someone else .. in my experience yaz has been great since the beginning : no cramps , no pms , no headache , no nausea ( use it before you sleep or in a full stomach ) , nothing except for a little bloating in the first week and breast tenderness. hope it works for you too"

mei123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016