User Reviews for Yaz (Page 2)

Learn more about Yaz.

Birth Control 247 reviews 293 medications

6.1
Summary of Yaz reviews 433 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "I switched to this from Junel Fe because I was hoping to help my acne and weight gain (gained 10 pounds on Junel). I only took the pill for five days but had to leave work early two days and went straight to bed by 6pm every night due to a severe headache and overall feeling of lethargy and dizziness. I felt short of breath by day two and it remained until I quit taking the pill. I also had extreme anxiety. I got severe allergy type symptoms by day two and felt feverish. I stopped taking Yaz yesterday and already feel better. No headache today, no feverish feeling, no anxiety. still congested but no feeling short of breath anymore. I also noticed that I gained 2 pounds in the week I was on Yaz. Yikes! I have not changed my diet at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Yaz at 14 and I didn't mind it. Now that Im older and more educated on birth control I decided to get an IUD thats hormone free (Paragard) I love it much more than Yaz and I dont have to worry about side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2016

For Birth Control "Girls, it really depends on your body type and how you process the hormones intake I am using yaz, and its my first time of ever using birth controll pills, and when i read the reviews here it made me scared and unsecure . why? Because of all the *NEVER TAKE THIS PILL * * IT DOESNT WORK * * IT IS HORRIBLE* comments. You never know how it is going to work for someone else .. in my experience yaz has been great since the beginning : no cramps , no pms , no headache , no nausea ( use it before you sleep or in a full stomach ) , nothing except for a little bloating in the first week and breast tenderness. hope it works for you too"

mei123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

For Birth Control "iIve been using yaz pills for 1 yr and 4months as birth control pills and I am 26 yrs old now and my ob from tmc recommend this pills. Additional from yaz it does wonder for me I stay look young because of my skin , everybody says I'm always blooming . they ask me if I'm taking glutathione .hehe but not."

gjci October 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for almost two months now and in my short experience it has done wonders. My old periods would cause severe cramps, nausea, vomiting, periods lasting up to 16 days, and horrible mood swings. For roughly the two weeks around my period I was so sad and honestly thought there was something wrong with me. But now my periods (so far) are short, almost painless, and no vomiting. My mood swings have toned down so much I forgot what it was like to be this calm. The only issue I find is I have gained fat (but not weight??) as I've eaten more so that really is my own fault. And I have very tender, dense, sore breasts that I can't sleep on my stomach anymore. But this definitely isn't as bad as how I used to be so very good!"

DJade1 October 29, 2016

For Acne "I came off Tri-Lo and I started using Yaz to fix my acne (moderate to severe). I also went on Yasmin to fix my acne (it was much much better). I have been on this pill for nearly 3 months and am so anxious to change it. There has been no positive change regarding my acne issues. My depression has gotten worse as a side effect. Usually my PMS starts a day or two before my period, but on Yaz it starts around a full week prior and it's a lot more intense. When I was on Tri-Lo I only got cramps a bit, and they weren't very painful. On Yaz, I've gotten cramps for each period and each time has been increasingly painful. I get yeast infections before every period. I have never gotten a yeast infection before using Yaz!!!"

distinct October 27, 2016

For Birth Control "After dealing with bad acne, my dr. recommended Yaz. Since I started, I was spotting for days at a time randomly in the middle of my cycle. I read the packaging and it said this was normal for the first 1-3 months. However, 6 months later I am still experiencing spotting, extreme depression and anxiety, lack of motivation, acne, breast tenderness for 3 weeks of the month, and chest pain and shortness of breath. My periods would last so long and be extremely painful, when they used to be light and easy to deal with. I'm about to finish my last pack of this drug and switch to another birth control pill I had no problems with in the past and be done with Yaz for good."

gocubsgo27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "its been almost a year using Yaz and ever since i started it changed my cycle completely, the color of my period change to a dark brown color, my flow even changed. Cramping did not stop but infact made it worse. so a month back i wanted to skip my period so i did not take the white pills, after having skipped them started spotting, a week later i got my period which lasted for longerthan usual for approximately two weeks. i then consulted my doctor who gave me pills to stop the flow but it still persisted even today im still spotting. im confused and very worried as i dont know what to do. if i stop taking Yaz i know that the bleeding will continue so question is how do i make it stop."

CassAndy October 11, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for about 3 years now as my period was very irregular and sometimes even got it twice a month...Yaz has absolutely changed my life it's been controlling my menstruations it's perfectly on time according to my pills I've never had any weird side effects and it's also helped with the cramping a bit but not as much as the control it offers over your period.! Very happy!!"

megan5700 October 10, 2016

For Birth Control "Yaz is the only birth control that has ever worked for me, I am 25 and have been on it since I was 16. Throughout that time i have tried multiple other options including the generic. All failed miserably. Yaz is not covered by my insurance and i still pay the full cost every month because it works so well for me."

Anonymous September 30, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I've been on Yaz for five months. My periods are regular, great! However, regularity isn't worth the side effects. I experience crippling cramps, nausea and vomiting, horrible break out/cystic acne around my period (I've never been acne prone), and insane mood swings... :( I don't taking it and it only got worse AH! Talk to your doctor and don't do it on your own! Also, can I just say I think it's ridiculous the medical system labels menstruation effects as 'disorders' - last time I checked it's pretty natural. Is my uterus really that diseased, doc'?"

unhappy123456789 September 30, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience with Yaz. I am 20 years old, and have been suffering from Endometriosis for about 7 years. Yaz was the first medication that was used to treat my condition (for 2 years), and it actually increased my pain. The goal of the medication was to stop getting my periods completely (skipping the white sugar pills) so that I would avoid the painful cramps, and to slow down the growth of the uterine lining growing outside of my uterus. #1: I kept getting my period every month regardless of skipping the sugar pills. #2: I was SO nauseous while taking these pills. #3: The pain was CRAZY. It either did not help the pain whatsoever or made it worse. My advice: NO"

breadcrumb2211 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I was put on yaz about 5 weeks ago.at first I had no side effects.after I started the second set I started bleeding.it has been ongoing for 10 days now and all I wanna do is cry.I have no energy.and it did not help with straightening out my period like the doctor said it would.I stopped taking it and I feel better just gotta figure out y I'm still bleeding.the doctor said I was primenaposal. I seriously doubt birth control can help with that.I'm ready for second opinion.I will never take yaz ever again.plus the pain was 10 times worse."

mommieof3 September 24, 2016

For Birth Control "im using yaz 2 years now and its so effective for me i try many other pills but the side efffects is it takes a bad to my health but when i take yaz my i have no acne ang it lightens my skin. Can i use yaz as a whitening pills? Thanks"

Caye (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

For Acne "I started taking Yaz as my birth control in high school (I'm 25 now) to prevent getting pregnant and as treatment for my moderate acne. It is my holy grail. I used to get consistent breakouts on my forehead and chin, and since using Yaz my acne has completely cleared up. My skin is literally beautiful to the point that my friends will comment how good my skin is. Last year, I decided to give the non-hormonal IUD ParaGard a try because I didn't want the hassle of taking a pill every day. During that time (about 5 months) that I wasn't taking Yaz, my skin broke out terribly. I thought it would calm down after a couple of months once my body had adjusted but it never did. I also started having much more dramatic mood swings during that time."

boudikah September 14, 2016

For Acne "I Changed to Yaz after my other contraceptive (Levlin) made my skin breakout and made me irrationally emotional. My skin cleared up in 1 month! I didn't have cystic acne but I always got big patchy breakouts. My skin is so smooth and I'm a lot less emotional lol. I'm also on a whole bunch of medications for epilepsy so the fact that this pill can level my emotions is pretty fantastic. I haven't experience any muscle pain, acne worsening, or any other of the side effects other people have mentioned. Guess it depends on the person. I've also noticed it has given me more energy which means I can excerise 5 times a week instead of 3 which is also much healthier for me! Definately give Yaz a try!"

Lilly4567 September 11, 2016

For Acne "My reason for taking yaz was my bad cystic acne, which completely stopped in the 1St week!! Wow right..now just waiting for the skin to heal. However, my last week was kinda hell, constipated for more than 4 days and starting to get cramps, worse than before,my mental stability was a bit rough the 1st week. I'm giving it 3 months to see what happens, feeling hopeful as my body is adjusting!"

Bee1712 September 9, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "This pill has made me extremely sick, the nausea it brings me is awful, and had made me lose 10 pounds in just a week from making me sick. It has made me vomit quite often. I used this to get rid of cramping and it brought me sickness instead."

Anonymous4223 September 7, 2016

For Acne "I took Diane-35 for six months but decided to switch to Yaz as Diane-35's side effects were too much for me (bloating and intense migraines) although it did totally clear up my skin. Also side note, birth control affects everyone differently, my sister for example took it for her acne too, it did wonders and she had no side effects at all! I have am on my third packet of Yaz. I must say my skin has gone a little nuts. I am getting quite bad breakouts. But I have decided to wait it out a bit. From reading online I've noticed most people don't see any good improvement on their skin until the end of the third month. And apart from some tiredness I haven't really had any other side effects. Fingers crossed it helps sort out my skin."

Nu30 September 7, 2016

For Birth Control "PLEASE BE AWARE!! I have been on an injection contraceptive for 8 years now but my local doctor ran short of the shot so he recommended Yaz. I have been on it for three weeks now and 2 days ago I started having serious abdominal, tightening of my chest and serious problem to breathe. My husband researched it and found that these were indeed some of the side effects. I decided to not take any more of the pills. I urge females to be very careful when using yaz since 100 women are dead who used Yaz and are suspected that it was because of this drug. The blood clots allegations are numerous also."

Natmah September 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on yaz now for about a year and a bit for my acne. At first I experienced the same thing as everyone else, bad skin for the first three months. However after that it was strange my skin would still break out for the first three weeks and then be completely clear during my period it was like that for months. I was ready to give up but hung in there I just really wanted clear skin and I'm glad I did. Seriously 1 year later something clicked and my skin was pimple free. Except for the off pimple on my period my skin is great now."

Jeewls (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on yaz from the time I was 16 to 22. I never really had and acne except the occasional pimple before my period. I had no break through bleeding even if I skipped my period and took my pills back to back. I had no depression or mood swings outside the normal period mood swings. I did notice a decreased libido and this wasn't until after I went off the pill for a month. I didn't realize how much better I felt coming off the pill. (until about the third week of coming off of it). This was the first and only birth control I tried and it worked for me. I decided to switch because I had been on it so long and thought maybe that was the reason for the decreased sex drive. That is really the only negative thing I have to say about yaz."

Brook212 August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on week 3 of yaz and I can't impress enough how it has exacerbated my depression. I am crying constantly, I'm getting cramps like there's no tomorrow and feeling nauseous randomly. I don't think regulating my period is worth the feeling of hopelessness, the lack of motivation and general low feeling I am emersed in after only 3 weeks!"

Sweetpea12 August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was horrid. I had irregular periods with a very heavy flow, mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger issues, cramps, etc. This is the worst pill I've ever taken. Gave it a 3 because it worked as a birth control but other than that it's a 1"

Leannnn13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Yaz Plus for about a month now. I was worried at first from hearing about the blood clots, however, I find that there was not much to worry about. My first experience was breaking out. A lot. I also found my period to extend much longer, spotting for another 5 days after and I was getting a little worried but after 2 weeks of that, everything got better. My skin cleared up (any other breakouts was mostly from the heat) and it didn't really cause any cramps. I didn't find my sex drive to be any less than it was before and overall, positive experience so far."

Ledan August 17, 2016