User Reviews for Yaz (Page 2)

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder

6.1

61 reviews
Summary of Yaz reviews 6.4 534 reviews

Reviews for Yaz

For Birth Control "My bleeding is way way heavier but my cramps way lighter. I'm spotting nonstop right now. Hopefully my cycle will rework itself in month two"

Dinglehoppertwelvetwenty (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 23 year old lean PCOS girl (high dheas and lh/fish ratio off - no cysts). I started to take this pill in order to help my PCOS symptoms ( depression, anxiety, fatigue, hirsutism, hair loss, irregular cycles). I knew it would take around 3 months for my body to get used to this pill and I ended up taking it for 4. I really wanted this pill to work for me. However, the first 2-3 months were an extreme emotional roller coaster. My appetite increased dramatically and I gained a few pounds. I felt slightly better in the 3rd month, however my mood went downwards in the 4th month. I had extreme mood swings and would feel depressed, emotional like I had bad PMS two weeks out of the month. Pills can affect your thyroid! Be cautious!"

PcosGirl23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

For Acne "This pill has cleared up my acne and regulated my period! I used to never get my period and now I get it every single month. I did go up a few bra sizes but I remain the same weight overall. It did make my period very heavy and very painful along with bad emotional breakdowns on the sugar pills. Other than that, I really like this pill!"

ESmith2345678 December 3, 2017

For Acne "I am 35 and I have suffered from acne and other hormonal problems for the last 9 years. I was on allese before that and had minimal break outs. When I was pregnant, both times my skin was flawless which indicated that it was definitely hormones. I have not had any success clearing acne using topical, washes or any other specialized skin treatments. I have been on yaz for nearly a week and am already seeing great improvements in my skin. I wonder if it works for acne when the cause is truely hormonal. I don’t think this is all in my head because others have noticed my clearing skin too. I do work out regularly and eat pretty well so don’t know if that helps.I will update as time progresses."

Happyyazzer (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2017

For Acne "Yaz was the worst thing to ever happen to me. I switched from Minastrin FE to Yaz because my doctor said it would be more effective for my skin... WRONG. I had moderate - mild hormonal acne before Yaz but after taking Yaz for just 1 month my skin broke out like crazy. It was so painful and horrible I wouldn’t leave my house. My doctor told me not to panic and give it the full 3 months... I took it for 4 excruciating months and my face got progressively worse the entire time I was on it. I stopped taking it and my dermatologist put me on antibiotics which finally cleared my skin. But the whole experience was so bad I will never take this pill again. HORRIBLE."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

For Birth Control "The smell of food makes me immediately nauseous but I haven't allowed it to let me puke. I never get headaches unless I have the flu but my head constantly hurts. I've only been on Yaz for a week now and these symptoms started on day 2 and haven't gotten any better. I constantly feel unmotivated sluggish and dehydrated. I have not had my period at all and missed my last one. Most likely going to switch to a different drug. Also taking it to help with acne. It got really bad before it got better somewhat. My skin looked way better before I had taken anything."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2017

For Birth Control "Started taking this pill for hair loss because I had high testosterone and was told a pill with a low-androgen complex would help, and it did at first. But last month my hair loss was severe. My mood swings were CRAZY. Tried to ignore them, thinking to myself, well I’m in control etc, but I completely lost control. Lashed out at my boyfriend for no reason at all several times. I’ve been really down, extremely irritable, everything bothers me. It’s came to the point where I was starting to wonder whether I’m mentally ill. I’ve been off it for just 2 days and am already feeling like my normal self again. This was not the right pill for me—although I didn’t gain any weight or had other side effects the mood swings I experienced were SHOCKING."

suarsuar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on this pill for 3 weeks to bring my hirtutism under control. Whilst on this pill I constantly bled, had acne (I never get acne), and my migraines were the worst I’ve ever had them and I’m a chronic migraine sufferer - it came back all day every day for 5 days. I ended up just getting off them!"

Jazzy873 November 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Yaz for almost 2 months and I hate it, I have heightened smell, I’ve actually thrown up due to it. I’m noticing my mood swings are going from 0-10 really quick, my poor boyfriend has also noticed. I’ve broken out so badly with acne and I’ve ALSO been spotting now for almost 2 weeks now becoming heavier bleeding and cramps. Going to switch pills as I feel disgusting, and can’t even be intimate with my dang birth control so, yaz has been a huge waste of time for this girl."

Saleena (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2017

For Birth Control "I’m almost done with my second month of Yaz and it has been really tough. I was put on birth control for PCOS as a way to regulate my hormones and period. Both months about three weeks into the pack I get headaches, nausea, upper stomach cramps, exhaustion, throwing up, extremely sensitive breasts, horrible uterine cramps, sporadic facial hair growth (I have facial hair due to PCOS and I was hoping yaz would reduce it but it seems to make it grow faster during certain times of the month), and a terrible liquid yellow diarrhea (tmi I know). I’m trying to stick it out but honestly I don’t even know if this pill is helping with my hormone but we’ll see."

SChristineM October 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I started taking YAZ two months into my marriage, and I’m on my third month now. Although I was completely fine the first two months, I’m on Day 7 of the third pack and my mood swings this month have been horrible. I’m crying about every little thing. I even think I’m crazy during my mood swings. I tried on a pair of pants today that did not fit, although my food intake hasn’t changed. Also, after reading other people’s reviews I realized that I’ve gotten dark blue veins all over my legs recently, I just never linked them to the pills. I don’t know how much longer I’ll be on YAZ to be honest, but this probably will be my last month."

Altaf T. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I'm not pregnant, my skin is clear, my period is lighter/shorter, my cramps are gone, and I lost weight!!!! I tried four other birth controls before this one and I hated all of them because of the side effects, but this is amazing."

woolsocks (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2017

For Acne "I am going off this because I gained a lot of weight"

gain weight (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2017

For Acne "Fantastic results! But tried to stop them twice and acne came back after few month :( so had to start again"

Elena Ellul (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 9, 2017

For Acne "I had DEEP, purple bruising cystic acne (difficult to pop and really didn't have much pus; mostly hard swelling) on my chin, shoulders and back. I am about 7 months in. My face is mostly clear and I don't get any more of the bad pustules; the acne I do get is small and pops easily. Redness and buttery looking face is gone. It really did help my acne/skin. HOWEVER I am sad to say I had too many scary side effects and have stopped taking it: -I had random soreness: under forearms, above heels, back of calves, inner thighs, tips of fingers. It hurt to walk, sit and type. -My legs would twitch at night and keep me awake. My ankles/toes would suddenly flex. -I had an uneasy feeling like I was coming down with a cold the entire time I was on it"

for-cystic-acne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I have taken Yaz a little bit more than a month. I got bad chest pain every night and it hurt when I was breathing. This side effect was unacceptable so I decided to stop it after I talked about it to my gynecologist. I also have discovered that I am very sensitive to hormones so the dosage was too high for me."

crazyhormones3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2017

For Birth Control "I had paragard for 3 years before switching to YAZ. Paragard was the worst thing I had ever put my body through and I DO NOT recommend it. Anyway, with the Yaz the first 1-2 months I was exhausted, dizzy, nauseous, sense of smell and taste were heightened, almost felt like early pregnancy signs. I decided to stick it out for the full 3 months to let my body adjust and I don't regret it! My acne is gone, my periods are light with mild cramping only lasting 5 days at the most, I had severe PMDD before going on Yaz and now I still get emotional of course but it's helped control my severe mood swings so much. Yaz has done everything my doctor told me it would do for me and more! PS- I did not gain weight on this pill"

Kfula (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2017

For Acne "I had tried so many birth controls before this one and finally my doctor recommended another one. It was Yaz. probably the best birth control for clearing acne, ever. After just two months I'm already noticing a drastic difference. I am so so grateful. I can't even remember the last three I was on before this one but some made my acne so much worse and I'm so glad I found this one"

shay1200 September 14, 2017

For Birth Control "My first experience with YAZ (10 yrs ago) was good - it helped with my skin and didn't notice any major side effects. After a few years, I went off of all BC - I was single and they're expensive, etc. About a year ago, I decided to go back on BC and chose YAZ again. I'm normally pretty mellow (low moments from time to time, nothing crazy) but I've noticed that since taking it again, epic mood swings set off by the tiniest things. End of the world. Major rage issues (I threw a $800 laptop 15ft across my living room) or just feeling hopeless. I almost had a meltdown when making pancakes. I thought it was just me at first, but thinking back on it, this all started a year ago. It's cost me my relationship. I have my yearly next week, gonna try something new."

CSSgirl September 7, 2017

For Acne "I have struggled with acne for ages and I can't say I have tried all products out there, but I have tried simple face washes and none of them seem to work. It has bothered me and I already took birth control, so when I went to my OB she recommended Yaz. I'm still only on my first pack and I'm about a week in, and I realize it may seem crazy to be getting results so fast, but my skin already seems to be clearing up and so far I haven't had any bizarre side effects. I'm going to update in a few weeks and I hope this helps. I've seen many bad reviews but remember we are all different and will react differently and it's always worth the try!"

AmberCaleb (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I am a 21 years old, healthy young girl. I was on YAZ for 8 months before noticing any changes, all was well. One day I noticed a deep blue vein on my inner calf and thought nothing of it. Today I currently have spider veins and countless thick veins from my feet to thigh. I have countless days where I am in so much pain I do not want to get out of bed, my legs burn and ache to the point where I am in tears. I currently have to wear compression socks for the rest of my life and even with the socks and elevating my feet I am still in pain, I have to have constant Dr appointment to monitor for DVT, (deep vein thrombosis) this is all because of YAZ. My entire life is impacted because of YAZ I have to take ASA everyday now. I will never recommend YAZ"

Ashla August 15, 2017

For Acne "I have been on Yaz for 3 months. I switched from Diane, in the hopes my skin would improve. I'm 28 and still have congested skin and I am just over it. Nothing changed by moving over to this pill EXCEPT the fact that I've gained 4kilos in just 3 months. For my entire 20's I've weighed, give or take a kilo here and there. My eating habits have not changed and neither has my exercise routine so Yaz is all I can put it down to. 4 kilos may now sound like much but it felt like it went on overnight so it's all been a bit of a shock."

BP5737899 August 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I hated being on Yaz. It caused me to gain a lot of weight, so much so and so quickly it actually scared me. I was incredibly depressed and sad all the time finding myself crying nearly every day whereas I am normally a person who almost never cries or gets overly emotional. I had difficulty breathing and felt like my chest was weighed down. Anxiety and panic attacks became my daily norm. Another strange thing was it gave me little red bumps all over my face that weren't acne but just texture. I have been off Yaz for a year now and I still have the red bumpy texture all of my face "

LayneRaye (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on this medication for one month and have never felt worse in my entire life. Before taking this pill I was an energetic and positive person. Now I am exhausted all the time and hit a wall at 4:00 every day. My confidence has plummeted and I am experiencing extreme mood swings/anxiety/depressive symptoms. I have never experienced anxiety prior to taking this birth control and I have had multiple intense panic attacks within the past month. Other side effects have been increased heart rate, tight chest/trouble breathing, & chronic headaches. I was put on yaz for my acne and it did help in some sense, but it is not worth feeling like crap 24/7."

becaC1995 August 9, 2017

For Acne "I switched to yaz from alesse because I heard it was better for acne. It did wonders for my skin and only having a 4 day period was nice too. However, I did notice that I was more emotional and had crazy mood swings, I found myself crying for no reason (not very good for my relationship either). I didn't gain any weight, and had no other side effects. I only switched back to alesse because my doctor expressed a concern about the blood clots possible with this birth control, otherwise I wouldn't have switched. Goodluck!!"

Anonymous August 9, 2017