User Reviews for Yaz

Learn more about Yaz.

Yaz Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 240 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yaz to treat Birth Control

"I was put on yaz about 5 weeks ago.at first I had no side effects.after I started the second set I started bleeding.it has been ongoing for 10 days now and all I wanna do is cry.I have no energy.and it did not help with straightening out my period like the doctor said it would.I stopped taking it and I feel better just gotta figure out y I'm still bleeding.the doctor said I was primenaposal. I seriously doubt birth control can help with that.I'm ready for second opinion.I will never take yaz ever again.plus the pain was 10 times worse."

mommieof3 September 24, 2016

"im using yaz 2 years now and its so effective for me i try many other pills but the side efffects is it takes a bad to my health but when i take yaz my i have no acne ang it lightens my skin. Can i use yaz as a whitening pills? Thanks"

Caye (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2016

"PLEASE BE AWARE!! I have been on an injection contraceptive for 8 years now but my local doctor ran short of the shot so he recommended Yaz. I have been on it for three weeks now and 2 days ago I started having serious abdominal, tightening of my chest and serious problem to breathe. My husband researched it and found that these were indeed some of the side effects. I decided to not take any more of the pills. I urge females to be very careful when using yaz since 100 women are dead who used Yaz and are suspected that it was because of this drug. The blood clots allegations are numerous also."

Natmah September 4, 2016

"I have been on yaz now for about a year and a bit for my acne. At first I experienced the same thing as everyone else, bad skin for the first three months. However after that it was strange my skin would still break out for the first three weeks and then be completely clear during my period it was like that for months. I was ready to give up but hung in there I just really wanted clear skin and I'm glad I did. Seriously 1 year later something clicked and my skin was pimple free. Except for the off pimple on my period my skin is great now."

Jeewls (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2016

"I was on yaz from the time I was 16 to 22. I never really had and acne except the occasional pimple before my period. I had no break through bleeding even if I skipped my period and took my pills back to back. I had no depression or mood swings outside the normal period mood swings. I did notice a decreased libido and this wasn't until after I went off the pill for a month. I didn't realize how much better I felt coming off the pill. (until about the third week of coming off of it). This was the first and only birth control I tried and it worked for me. I decided to switch because I had been on it so long and thought maybe that was the reason for the decreased sex drive. That is really the only negative thing I have to say about yaz."

Brook212 August 25, 2016

"I'm on week 3 of yaz and I can't impress enough how it has exacerbated my depression. I am crying constantly, I'm getting cramps like there's no tomorrow and feeling nauseous randomly. I don't think regulating my period is worth the feeling of hopelessness, the lack of motivation and general low feeling I am emersed in after only 3 weeks!"

Sweetpea12 August 21, 2016

"This pill was horrid. I had irregular periods with a very heavy flow, mood swings, depression, anxiety, anger issues, cramps, etc. This is the worst pill I've ever taken. Gave it a 3 because it worked as a birth control but other than that it's a 1"

Leannnn13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2016

"I've been on Yaz Plus for about a month now. I was worried at first from hearing about the blood clots, however, I find that there was not much to worry about. My first experience was breaking out. A lot. I also found my period to extend much longer, spotting for another 5 days after and I was getting a little worried but after 2 weeks of that, everything got better. My skin cleared up (any other breakouts was mostly from the heat) and it didn't really cause any cramps. I didn't find my sex drive to be any less than it was before and overall, positive experience so far."

Ledan August 17, 2016

"I have been on Yaz for a little over 4 months and have been surprisingly happy with it. I had mood swings and was pretty emotional for the first 2 months but it really has gone away. I was also bleeding a little irregularly at first but that also went away. The only complaint I have is that it has killed my sex drive and is causing problems in my relationship. I can't really ever get wet anymore which never used to be an issue. For that reason, I am switching to Paraguard which is non hormonal. I really wish it didn't cause me that problem because otherwise I love it!"

Katie10245zzz (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

"I've been on this medication for about three years now. The first few months were terrible. I broke out, had severe mood swings, I'd cry for no reason. After month four I felt completely fine. No more mood swings or acne outbreaks. My period got lighter, I stopped cramping as much. The only problem I have now is that I don't get as wet as I used to. But that's what lube is for. And hey, I'm not pregnant. So it's doing its job."

GraceG August 8, 2016

"I haven't been on the pills for a month yet, 3 weeks, and I'm going to try and stay on them for at least 2 months and if I don't see an improvement I'm probably going to change my prescription. I feel nauseous at least 30 minutes a day and now that I've gotten my period it's gotten 10x worse. Good helps for maybe 10 short minutes and I'm back to feeling gross and sick. I'm constantly tired yet it's so difficult for me to sleep. And my cramps have gotten worse, I didn't even think it was possible. My back and abdomin cramp at the same time (that's usual) and normally the only way to get rid of them is heat, so I take a bath and not even that is helping and of course the heat would make me more nauseous. Has anyone had this problem?"

Lacii August 3, 2016

"I'm a full-time athlete, never really struggled with acne but wanted to experience a birth control as my periods were irregular which disrupted my trainings and travel. I've never really suffered from acne in my life but the first month being on Yaz I had experienced the most pimples I've ever had. Now I'm left with scars. Now onto my second month I am seeing slow improvement, still getting a few pimples. I have put on 2kg which I'm not completely sure if it's been this pill or that I have increased my weights by a great margin..My boobs have also seen a significant increase in size.In the last month I have experienced,migraines,headaches,nausea. Not sure how this pill is going to play out but if no improvement is seen after 3 mnths im out"

Anonymous July 28, 2016

"I'm 18 years old. I am on month 4 of this pill and will be discontinuing its use once this pack is done. It cleared up my acne completely by month 3, which is why I am on it, but the mood swings are not worth clear skin. Im prone to anxiety, but my depression and anxiety have sky-rocketed, I feel completely hopeless and have panic attacks every day. My heart is always racing, and I also feel nauseated so easily. This pill makes me feel like Im going insane. Feeling this bad is not worth clear skin, but I give it a 3 only because it did clear up my acne amazingly. Would not recommend."

Anonymous July 20, 2016

"I was recently put on birth control for the first time. I am 24 years old and have always had heavy periods with severe cramping on the front end of my cycle. I chose this BC not only for these symptoms and contraception, but also for acne. I didn't see a major change in the acne. My period was much much lighter lasting about 3-4 days and the cramping was much more tolerable.... HOWEVER, this pill made me crazy. After a few weeks, I experienced EXTREME mood swings. I would uncontrollably cry and become very irrational, which is something I have never experienced before. My boyfriend quickly picked up on my emotional instability and said I was no longer acting like myself. Needless to say.. after 6 weeks, I am calling it quits."

Stephanie2107 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

"Im 20 yr old and have been on birth control for 2 yr now ive tried every pill and even the implant each of them have cause horrid pains and bleeding, i havent got pregnant but experience bad moods and weight gain, nodoctor can seem to help its very frustrating that each doctors visit ive only been prescribed a higher dosage of the pill (now yaz) i feel like the only person who is experiencing this and if the doctors cant help what the heck am i supposed to do"

Helplessvag June 21, 2016

"I've been on Yaz for 3 months. The heavy bleeding, agony and cramps have all stopped. Plus the cravings. Although I feel very low and depressed. I seem to be overly sensitive and raw all the time. It's becoming harder to contain myself around loved ones as I am so emotional and seem to snap at everything and everyone. I would seriously recommend wheather this is the right option if you suffer from mental health issues or you are prone to it. I generally do feel anxious without the pill, although I have been feeling depressed recently, and it's dreadful"

Fateemah June 20, 2016

"I have been on yaz for 5 weeks i have put on 7kilos wake up to swollen fingers have sore hard breast completely no sex drive and the worst a week after taking yaz i got a chest infection thought was viral had antibiotics its now 4 weeks of chest infection googled yaz symptoms and saw it can cause upper respiratory infectuions omg couldn't belive a month of hardly being abile to breath time off work and doctors visits to descover its yaz causing it i stoped it today and have had a bad head ache tonight hope its out of my system quickly"

yelromhsat June 18, 2016

"Went on this just for birth control. My acne has always been mild, break out near period usually. When i started the pill i broke out for the first 2 months in places i don't normally break out (cystic too). It was pretty sad because i don't normally break out that bad. On my third pack now though and my skin is pretty much clear again. My period pain used to be severe though and now they are much better (period has always been regular and short, 3-4 days). I have increased a cup in breast size too. I haven't gained any weight or had any cravings since on the pill. However i have had a couple days where i would feel sad/moody for no reason, and get nausea randomly but not too bad."

bcreview (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2016

"I started Yaz about a year ago. First it wasn't too bad seeing as my previous pills made my legs swell some kind of crazy. But now into a year and 20 pounds heavier I've decided to come off of them. Between the weight gain, now swelling legs, being tired all the time, no sex drive, mood swings like no ones business, and random spotting, the only thing good that has came out of these pills is the fact I haven't gotten pregnant."

Candi Y June 14, 2016

"I was put on Yaz and then the lower dosage of it, so in total i have been on one form or the other for about 5 months now. I thought i was losing my mind until reading more about this b/c. I gained about 12 pounds (all in my boobs, thighs, love handles and stumach) as i eat a ton now, i actually am starting to feel like im falling into depression again, im always ready to snap, and im in a constant state of exhaustion. Im so glad to have read on this page and others that it is all due to side effects. (I also was going thru another med change and blamed that, but the side effects have nothing in common with the symptoms i have) I am dropping this tonight. Id rather have the horrible periods i was dealindealin than these side effects."

Melj730 June 2, 2016

"Hey! I started taking Yaz over a year ago for birth control and partially for mild acne, I do think it helped my acne and it was an extremely reliable birth control but I fell into a serious state of depression that led to a hospitalization. I think it's great for skin and birth control, but definitely ask your doctor about depression!"

KD101 May 25, 2016

"I had a myelogram done on my neck 24 hrs. later i had a major Stroke Dr. said Yaz caused the Stroke is that possible?????"

Marty may (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

"Im always in a constant state of anxiety and depression, im nervous all the time and generally feel like someone has just died. Been feeling this way consistently for 10 years, I take atleast one panic attack everyday. Ive been on meds, gone to counselling and nothings worked.Ive only been taking Yaz for a few days but within an hour of taking it on the first day I went from feeling anxious to totally calm, is this what it's like to feel normal?. Ive been anxiety and depression free for 3 days now.so im thinking the cause of this anxiety was a hormonal or chemical imbalance that yaz has regulated? I didnt initially take yaz for this reason. Happy accident. Ive also no period cramps.Ill update if anything changes as its early days."

Talullah May 13, 2016

"Worst pill ever. This pill has caused me to be extremely moody. My boobs have gone from a 34B to a 36C and I'm tired all the time. I get headaches alot. Would not recommend getting on this pill to anyone"

janelafy May 6, 2016

"This pill is my first one and it's okay BUT My acne is not gone already (after 3 months). I have cystic acne in the chin, around the mouth. Maybe I have to wait more... Also, it gave me vaginal dryness -_- (the lube don't help) so I have to buy products (like Vagisil Prohydrate, Replens) to help this condition."

Suzie0967 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2016