User Reviews for Yaz to treat Birth Control (Page 3)

Yaz Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yaz

Nita · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 8, 2019

“I've been taking Yaz for about a month and a half now doctor recommended it said it would have no side effects ,as I've had trouble with the pill I was on before. Just over a week a go I noticed my breasts have been so sore and tender to the point even wearing a bra is uncomfortable haven't had a proper period just spotting more like pinkish fluid, cramps discomfort and aches in my lower back and thighs. About 4 days ago I was at work and passed a decent size blood clot felt a bit dizzy and sick afterwards been feeling more tired than usual . Also little bit moody. I'm so over trying to find the right contraception to suit my body having no luck unfortunately.”

Gwen September 30, 2019

“I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PILL. I was doing OK in life (regular period, no menstrual cramps, manageable mood swings, etc) except I have acne so I took this pill, replacing another pill that I thought was worse. It did not clear up my acne but worse of all in three weeks of taking this, I became from super positive person to a crazy angry all the time and so negative and gets irritated by anything every 10 minutes like literally everyday. I had bouts of sudden depression not just the ordinary sad/blues kind of thing, like literally crying for no reason in the middle of the night. It took me 3 weeks to figure what has been causing me and yes its the pill! When I decided to stop I felt better. After stopping the pills the anxiety and depression stopped. Try to read all the negative review how this pill messed up their head and eventually their life.”

Mar · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 30, 2019

“In less than a year I gained 8kg without changing my diet or the amount of exercise I do. I lost my libido completely and I'm totally dry from head to toe... Still, I had no horrible mood changes as I had with Qlaira, my period is still regular but way less heavy and the cramps reduced a lot.”

Bethany · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 19, 2019

“I had no idea people were still being prescribed Yaz! It ruined my life! I was on it years ago for about 1 year. Within the first few days I had the worst headache! It felt like a knife in the lower part of my head, right above the neck. Then other symptoms started up. My boobs got huge (which was nice), but then the rest of my body got huge too! I gained 40 lbs in 2 months! I felt like it helped my PMDD, but also made everything worse. Dr’s refused to admit there were problems with Yaz. I had pains in my legs, severe cystic acne that I still have horrible scars from (I never had it before). I ended up severely depressed & finally decided to not listen to the Dr’s & I stopped taking it. It took a year or so for my body to adjust, but I still haven’t been able to lose the weight. Ugh I don’t trust Dr’s at all!”

esna · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 18, 2019

“I started Yaz a year ago and all was fine for the first few months, but I started getting so moody so I decided to stop. Then after 4 months I started again and it’s been the worst decision of my life. The only benefits are no pregnancy and less pain on period. My moods swings have been crazy and unending, and my anxiety and depression is following me everywhere, I’m losing contact with myself and IDK who I am anymore because I feel so numb. I have lost interest in people I know I love and I’ve become lazy. I have decided that I will stop today.”

ph158 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2019

“I was put on Yaz this past June in order to have withdrawal bleeding every three months, ease the pain of cramps and endometriosis, and help with acne. My mood really positively increased and I’ve been the happiest and most emotionally stable in my entire life on Yaz! My acne stayed about the same where it was in June, but my periods became lighter and less painful. However, while taking the hormonal pills continuously, I still got my period each month, and they each lasted about 11 days. Because of this, my doctor has switched me to Tri-Sprintec with the hopes of less bleeding and being able to skip the periods. If it weren’t for the prolonged periods and unimproved (however minimal) acne, this would’ve been perfect for me.”

Anonymous September 17, 2019

“I was on Yaz for only 2 weeks and noticed side effects like sudden breast tenderness, moodiness etc almost right away. I have now stopped it for a few days and haven't noticed side effects reducing.”

Caitlyn September 11, 2019

“It’s been 3 weeks now and I have decided to stop taking it. I was on Blisovi before. The Yaz pill made my EXTREMELY emotional. I have already been diagnosed with anxiety and depression and this pill made it that much work. I began having really negative thoughts along with emotional tantrums and horrible mood swings. My sex drive is at an all time low. please do not take this pill if you are prone to anxiety or depression.”

mrsm13 · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 4, 2019

“I took Yaz for 5 years (age 25 until now) and just stopped a month ago. PROS: didn't get pregnant, super clear skin, didn't gain weight, and didn't bloat (peed constantly due to the diuretic effect). CONS: my periods were heavier than before I went on the pill, I never had cramps before Yaz but got them during all 5 years on it, my hair started thinning to the point that my ponytail now is about 1/4 the size it was before I started Yaz, and my mood swings were unreal. I feel terrible for my husband, friends and family for having to deal with me. I feel much better since being off the pill and am just hoping my hair grows back!”

D · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2019

“I was fine the first month of Yaz, it was the first birth control pill I’ve ever had. Works perfectly as well, no pregnancy scares-however, it gave me extreme anxiety and mood swings. My poor boyfriend had to console me multiple times throughout the end of the second month and the beginning of my third month of the pill. It made me very irrational and nervous.”

Lala21 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 1, 2019

“Taking this birth control was the most awful decision I made. It made very emotional, I cried every night and had disturbing thoughts. I couldn’t eat and barely had any energy to get out of bed. I was waiting because it says that this is normal for the first three months, but things got worse. I started having skin rashes and my hair started thinning (a lot). That’s when I decided to stop taking this medication. Please be careful with this birth control, in my opinion is not safe or at least not for everyone.”

EA · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 28, 2019

“I was on Yaz for 3-4 years in my early 20s (over a decade ago) and it was AWFUL. It looks like some people have had the opposite effect from Yaz, so clearly my experience is not the only thing that matters, but there have to be others with my brain chemistry out there. When I finally went off of it, I realized it was the first month I hadn't cried in years. I was an emotional shipwreck on Yaz. It ruined my relationships with a lot of people and made my seasonal depression and nostalgic tendencies so much worse!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2019

“I was taking another brand of Yaz combination pill for years, but from a different laboratory and stopped for 6-7 months. Where I am now, just Yaz is available. 1 month and a half and yes, it is working of course for birth control BUT my skin is worse than ever, I am bloated and have nausea every night (4 hours after I take it), and I wake up in the middle of the night just because of the discomfort/pain. I am experiencing obsessive thoughts, specially about food and thing that I could have done better (social contexts). Oh, I almost forget the headaches, kind of migraines that I never had before. I will wait until the third month, as the prospectus suggests, but if this continues, I am definitely leaving it.”

Danielle · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 26, 2019

“I used it for 3 years. I was such an emotional wreck and also got really anxious and depressed. My hormones never seemed to balance out. I got breast lumps bigger than golf balls and a lot of discolouration in my skin. I'm switching to Qlaira now.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 20, 2019

“I’ve been taking Yaz for 18 months now and it’s been the worst experience of my life. I’ve become a completely different person. It’s made me anxious, depressed, and I feel completely numb. I just stopped taking it so I’m hoping it gets better soon. It cleared up my acne which is the only upside to it, but it’s not worth taking it.”

Judy August 13, 2019

“Yaz has made me feel depressed and have little energy. Also experience a burning sensation in my stomach after taking it. I feel nauseas a few hours after taking it. Would not recommend it to anyone.”

Gabsteruser1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 13, 2019

“I just finished my first month on the Yaz birth control. My OBGYN put me on it because I tend to have excess anxiety and depression prior to my period for about 2 weeks. This has been a bad month I have to say. I have been constantly bloated and gained weight in my stomach area despite 5-6 days of workouts per week and a good diet. And the worst part is my anxiety and depression have been through the roof. I have been anxious about the weight gain as well and it’s borderline paranoia and being so uncomfortable in my own body. Birth control works differently on everyone, I understand, but after doing more research on the Yaz and drug company distribution, I feel it’s a very sketch drug company due to recalls in the past and unexplained product ingredients as well. Yaz probably works for many people but this is my experience as well and I am sharing mostly to let those who haven’t had good experiences know they’re not alone!”

KL · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2019

“I started using this pill when I was 17 and it completely cleared up my skin with little side effects. However, my OB put me on different pills throughout the years. I recently switched back to this a few months ago for my skin (I’m 28) and have been experiencing very bad mood swings, anxiety and depression and feel numb to everything. After reading other similar reviews online, I realized it was the pill and my doctor switched me to one with low progesterone instead (which doesn’t lower serotonin and affect mood). Looking forward to trying this one to see if it helps!”

Zen · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2019

“In June I was diagnosed with PCOS and my doctor put me on Yaz to help regulate my periods and get rid of my excess facial hair growth. I started taking it at the beginning of July and it was easily the worst month of my life. I’m 18 and I had never used birth control before, I was expecting the basic side effects but it was so much worse than that. I have had bad anxiety and depression in the past, but it was always something I felt I could handle, but as soon as I started taking Yaz everything went downhill quickly. I had anxiety attacks everyday, I had no motivation to get off the couch and clean up. It was horrible. I cried everyday and even started to feel suicidal. To make it worse, it gave me horrible nausea, to the point where I stopped eating for days and I could barely swallow the pill. My sister said she had a similar experience taking Yaz. I wouldn’t recommend.”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2019

“I started taking Yaz just last month. When I started taking the white period inducing pills, the period didn't stop after I switched back to the rest of the monthly pills. I've had my period for 13 days straight at a time and am not sure what to do. Also, breast soreness, nausea and headaches have occurred, making this rather unpleasant.”

Kiara · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

“I've just started taking Yaz at 42. I've not been on any birth control for quite a number of years now. I am just concerned that I'm a lot moodier and agro than I ever was. I need some advice how. Long will I feel. Like this???”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 12, 2019

“I was on Yaz for about 2 years after switching from LoLo which was making me depressed. Yaz was great! Zero side effects and it helped clear up my skin about as well as Diane 35 did. I’ve recently had to switch to Yasmin because there was a shortage of Yaz, but hopefully I can switch back soon as it has been the best bc I’ve been on with regard to side effects.”

Lil · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

“Was prescribed YAZ to regulate my period and control acne. From day one I turned into a different person - crazy mood swings, fits of anger and rage that had me so mad at my boyfriend extreme depression that left me crying all night, no energy, and I had anxiety attacks that basically paralyzed me on the floor unable to open up hands. So basically, the worst 18 days of my life. Cold turkey stop, despite the dr telling me to finish the pack. Sorry, I value my sanity, job and relationship way too much. Only positive - cleared up my hormonal acne. Not even close to worth it.”

Zuni June 8, 2019

“I started taking Yaz one year ago after the birth of my first child. The whole time on it did prevent conception but I used to remain agitated, angry and confused. Last month before quitting I started having silly obsessive thoughts with considerable anxiety and low mood. Whole time on it I had excessive tiredness. I wouldn't suggest any woman to take Yaz if she has mood issues.”

July11 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2019

“I’ve been on yaz for nearly 3 months now and I picked yaz as I used to be on Diane 35 but it was making me really sick for some reason after being on it for a few years so I chose to switch. Diane 35 made my skin very clear after maybe a year of being on it and so to switch to yaz has caused me to breakout but I’m hoping for this to clear back up soon. Other than that and a slight loss of my appetite I’ve had no real side effects as of taking it. It prevents pregnancy, and keeps me from having to get a periods”