User Reviews for Yaz to treat Birth Control (Page 2)

Yaz Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yaz

Casiii January 12, 2020

“I've only been on this for a few days so I don't have much to say about it but all I can say I suffer from depression and anxiety and was on another brand of birth control and felt so so depressed it made it so much worse, my gyno switched me to this one and in the matter of only 3 days of taking it. I can say I feel happier than I normally did without any type of bc. My bloating also stopped after switching to this one, other one I was taking I just felt heavy, depressed, tired. Only thing that's I've noticed about this one so far is my breast are a little bigger, but I cant complain about that because I love that! ”

Britt · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 4, 2020

“I've been taking Yaz for 10 months because of my irregular menstrual cycle. I have to say that my experience has been fine. It of course regulated my cycle, and cleared up my cystic acne. The only thing I don't like is the headache I get on day one and two of starting a new pack. Other than that, everything functions like normal. No vaginal dryness, no spotting, no low sex drive, etc. Although my experience has been good, I will keep a lookout for these symptoms that other women have experienced as a precaution.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

“I have been on Yaz for 2 weeks and it completely changed my mood. I went on it to clear up my cystic acne due to my period. My skin has cleared up but my mental health has severely deteriorated. I am extremely emotional and angry and have random outbursts which I have never experienced before. I do not even recognize myself and I am stopping this pill immediately.”

Jordan December 30, 2019

“This medication did help me with hormonal acne and the severity of my period. However after seeing so many people suffering with the anxiety and depression from it.. I think I might be the same. I’ve had to go on antidepressants because none of my doctors think it’s related to the birth control.”

Aly · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 30, 2019

“I am at month 7 of taking Yaz and I've never been more anxious and depressed of my entire life (I'm 21). I've never got so many panic attacks and mood swings in a year. I had so many health problem this year and I've been to the hospital so many times. Those things never happened to me before. The reason why I started this pill was to avoid pregnancy. Well, it worked, but my anxiety made me feel paranoid always about being pregnant because I was bloated all the time and my periods were always changing. My anxiety made me lose too much weight and caused acid reflux which left me with persistent nausea for months and I got a lot of migraines which recently began to be aura migraines. My mom said that I was not the same person anymore. My boyfriend is sad to see me like this and I don't really see my friends anymore because of my social anxiety. I'm getting off this pill tonight. Don't ever use it, it's ruining lives.”

N · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 13, 2019

“I've been using Yaz for the last 4 or 5 years, its has helped a lot in terms of unwanted pregnancy, acne and regular periods, however I have experienced occasional spotting which does last for some time (1-2 weeks) it also reduce my sex drive dramatically and vaginal dryness, otherwise I don't think it is good to use for an extensive period of time, but I would recommend it”

Anonymous December 10, 2019

“Went on Yaz twice for short term to skip period for travel. However, both times had side effects of headaches and difficulty breathing everyday, severe anxiety (social anxiety + became paranoid of blood clots), extreme exhaustion (to the point where I had to sit down every few steps) and low motivation. Consulted doctor while overseas and he mentioned my pulse was very slow. We shook it off as me being inactive on holidays but after some research I found that Yaz increases blood potassium, decreasing heart rate which increases chances of clots forming. Also had frequent urination and extended bleeding after period. Did not get nauseous per se but did feel that type of indigestion burning feeling in chest few hours after taking pill. The first time before I took Yaz, I was selectively reading the positive reviews but after this second round, I can't deny the side effects of Yaz and the possible dangers. I will be stopping Yaz tomorrow.”

she · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 7, 2019

“I started this birth control right when I started becoming sexually active at 16. Now, I'm almost 20 and just got off of it a couple months ago. I didn't know how much this negatively affected my body until now. I had intense migraines 3-4 days out of the month that the pill caused. I developed depression and anxiety, and had got prescribed 2 different meds but they didn't work because they gave me anxiety attacks. I had dry vaginal issues. All of this changed when I stopped this pill. It had super high estrogen, way too much for me. Some positives are how amazing it made my skin look, and it cutting my hunger in half (didn't gain weight on this one). I didn't have much cramping, but I did have back pain. It took me almost 4 years to realize but I’d rather just use condoms than alter my body like this again”

duckduckgoose · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 6, 2019

“I've been taking Yaz for about a year now, and so far it's done it's job pretty well! I started taking it to help reduce cramping and acne. My acne is almost completely gone (could be attributed to another pill I stared taking at the same time as Yaz) and due to skipping periods, my cramping isn't that bad either. I haven't noticed any weight gain or unusual mood swings (I have diagnosed anxiety) that can't be attributed to other situations (second year of university is stressful). The only super negative thing I've noticed is that I've started getting really tender and lumpy breasts. I got my doctor to check the first one I was really worried about (my family has a history of breast cancer) and ended up having an ultrasound, but it only turned out to be tough tissue. I also started having more regular heart palpitations, but I think that's because of my anxiety, as I had them before I went on Yaz. TL;DR I would recommend Yaz, but closely monitor your mental and physical symptoms.”

Raven December 6, 2019

“I started using Yaz, as I thought I was doing the right thing by my body, was actually 'happy' and was on it for many years. I had health issues on the side. Which I worked to diagnose for many years. Oddly, doctors never making the correlation. I did stop taking Yaz, so I could conceive: and within 3 months months ALL of my mystery medical issues disappeared. It was only then I made the correlation. It is from this experience I believe that over time, I developed IBS and malabsorption issues. This lead to health issues such as anxiety, low iron, and low energy. These issues bring on a host of other issues as they have a follow on effect. It is for this reason I would highly caution against Yaz.”

Sama KEUP November 30, 2019

“I took Yaz from age 16 to 27, 11 years. It made me gain a little weight, for the past couple years I experienced brain fog and memory loss, and my sex drive was non existent. But other than that Yaz worked fine for me; no cramps, no acne, super regular period, no PMS, no migraines. However, after 11years of pumping pretty high doses of estrogen and progesterone (in this case Drosperinone) into my body, I started to ask myself if it is dangerous in the long run... especially because of the memory issues, the brain fog etc. So I switched to an hormonal IUD recently (containing progesterone only and no estrogen) and so far I like it...I don't have to remember to take the pill and the dose of hormones is 100 times lower on my iud than with Yaz. I think it is fine for a limited time span, but you should definitely look into other contraceptive methods, there are more than you think :) also: Yaz is expensive (10€/month)”

HarpNatalie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 26, 2019

“While Yaz did increase my sex drive and increase my vaginal dryness, it made me extremely anxious and lose interest in things I once used to enjoy. Minor issues I would usually have no sweat about, Yaz would amplify my emotions 10 fold. Will not use again.”

JOKIE · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2019

“This birth control pill Yaz has made not recognise who I am. I was such a fun, outgoing, loveable person. I've been taking it for two months now and it has almost ruined my relationship with my boyfriend. These past two months, I have cried, been annoyed (at anything) and lashing out at everyone around me. It has made me feel like I have no control over my body or my personality, I was once so proud of. I started taking it just to regulate my period and all it has done is make me feel like garbage about my (usually confident) self, deleted my sex drive, made me aggressive, given ME 2 UTI's and dampen my mood completely.”

Liv · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 18, 2019

“My last BC was giving me horrible migraines so my doctor gave me this Yaz birth control pill. At first I was fine, no problems with my skin and no migraines. I had a bit of spotting at first but by the 4 month it was gone. I would get really sweaty a lot and super tired all the time and also my sex drive was down. Now here comes to fun part...so sex hurt. Like no matter how much lube I used I would dry up and start bleeding from tears or so I thought. I went to urgent care thinking I may have caught something but no. This pill was making me premenopausal at the age of 24. I was dry because the pill was making my body think I was already 50. As soon as I got off that pill and onto another pill and then I was back to my young self again. Unless you wanna ruin your body, stay away”

sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 10, 2019

“I started using Yaz to treat my PCOS and excess facial hair growth. I always felt depressed but I kind of dealt with it, it wasn't that bad until I started taking this pill. First, I was crying every night for no reason, I had terrible headaches (something that never happened to me before ) and my anxiety and depression are at its highest, I'm having really dasrk thoughts, and I'm so scared because I think I will hurt myself or my family. And don't get me started on obsessive thoughts, they make me hate myself. Do not take this pill for any reason!”

Janice · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 4, 2019

“I can't believe there are so many negative comments about Yaz...I started taking it year ago due to my very painful periods (I would throw up, up, couldn't eat or go to school and work and popping large doses of painkillers). These pills Yaz literally changed my life. I used to have awful PMS and I would get really depressed week before my period. Everything is gone now. The terrible moods, cramps, everything. I feel great, actually I've never felt better. Only bad thing is I gained 6 kg since I started taking it and I'm really afraid of those blood clots everyone's talking about. I don't ever wanna stop taking this pill but I'm afraid I'll have to due to its well known side effects. But for now on I enjoy my life with Yaz <3”

Allycat · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2019

“I haven’t even been on this birth control pill Yazfor a whole month and I’m starting to have very bad leg pain. Very bad where I’m going to see a doctor & can’t walk a lot. I have missed work two weeks now. Might be blood clots but I don’t know yet. Stopping the pill tonight. Hopefully it will go away. Helps with acne but there are other pills out there that do too. Skip this pill!”

Nanoo · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 2, 2019

“This product is horrible. I’m a very optimistic, happy, outgoing person, but I’ve been taking Yaz for little over a month and I’ve been a wreck. I’m highly irritable, I have the most intense mood swings and I cry all the time, and lately it’s been making my entire body ache. The past month has been mentally draining and exhausting, I really do not recommend especially if you’re a teenager such as me. This pill makes me feel depressed and sad as well, and the likelihood of blood clots is so high it’s terrifying. Don’t use this pill.”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 31, 2019

“Yaz is great. No more heavy periods, cramps, headaches. Before Yaz I had frequent headaches and now I haven't had one in 3 months. The only disadvantage is monthly spotting, before or after the period.”

mrsL · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2019

“I took the last non-placebo pill out of my pack yesterday. Will not refill prescription. I had never felt so sad, angry and depressed in my life until I started taking this pill. First week on this pill was bad. But I figured maybe I just need to wait it out until my hormones get balanced. But almost 4 weeks later, the anxiety and depression symptoms just got worse. I feel like an entirely different person. Always irritated, unsociable and no energy to do anything anymore. If you are prone to depression you might wanna avoid this pill.”

Kelly · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2019

“As a teenager a pill like YAZ may not be the best option. The results for your skin are phenomenal! But there are also some very bad cons . First it start out fine because the doctor said that I’d have mood swings or be emotional. The first month of taking it was the worse. I felt like I wasn’t even controlling my body anymore. As the two other months went by my emotions got worse. I started crying uncontrollably, being irritated for weeks and weeks, then my own mother said that I was different and not in a good way. In conclusion, I do not recommend this product because of the negative effects.”

Bam · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2019

“I’ve only been taking Yaz for 2 months and at first I felt great but then I started to get really tired all the time and struggled to do anything that I would normally have plenty of energy to do. The first time I got my period I had severe cramps and I have never had menstrual cramps in my life and my period lasted 11 days when it would usually last 3 and be very light. I started taking it because of my acne but my acne hasn’t really cleared up at all. I don’t feel myself, I feel so off and negative. I’m going to stop taking it today!”

MadDog · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2019

“I am on month 5 of Yaz and it has been pretty awful. My periods have been super irregular and unpredictable when I used to have a period every 4 weeks for 4 days like clockwork. My first period on the pill lasted 3 weeks, the next two came early and lasted 2 weeks, the next month I didn't have one and this month I have had two. My sex drive has diminished to almost zero, and I have had crazy mood swings. I have never struggled with depression or anxiety until I started Yaz. Positives: my skin cleared up within weeks of starting Yaz and I have had minimal breakouts. My period symptoms have lightened up, my cramps aren't as bad and insomnia has gone away. Also not pregnant. I am looking into switching but I don't know what to switch to :/”

Ivz · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 9, 2019

“I don't normally post reviews, but have recently needed to come off Yaz and looking at alternative options has made me realise how few people write reviews about positive experiences! I should preface that the only reason I came off Yaz was because my amazing doctor from the UK informed me they don't prescribe Yaz for longer than a few months and only for acne and PMDD, because it has a higher risk of blood clots than other pills. That aside, I had previously used another pill that made me moody and depressed, dulled my emotions and libido and (in hindsight) potentially caused an eating disorder. I have taken Yaz for a few years and it has been such a dream. My periods got much lighter, my mood and libido were unchanged, I didn't gain or lose weight and, of course, it did the job of preventing pregnancy. Very happy with this pill and anxious for what the next one will be like for me! * 9/10 because it is much more expensive than other pills!”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

“I was prescribed this Yaz after I had terrible experience with Zoely (Estradiol) after about 8 months of using it. I took Yaz for 2 days and immediately started feeling completely different from usual. I found I felt nauseous when eating and also when I was hungry to the point I felt like I couldn't eat, woke up feeling very unwell, extremely sore breasts!!!! I still have sore breasts and haven't taken this pill for 2 days now.”