User Reviews for Yaz to treat Birth Control (Page 5)

Yaz Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Yaz

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2018

“So I’m going on my third month of yaz and I skip the placebo pills. So far everything is good. The only things that I have experienced are extremely sore breast and increased vaginal discharge- like it feels like a period (no pain) flow if you were wearing a pad. Yes that much discharge!”

Mezzo October 26, 2018

“I've been using Yaz for the last 5 months. Even though it has made my periods absolutely regular (every 4 weeks on the dot), it has made me experience depression, anxiety and panic attacks, as well as incredibly frequent mood swings. One moment I will feel extremely happy, and 5 minutes ever I will be crying my eyes out for a long period, then I will suddenly be much happier, and the cycle repeats. Its the only available contraceptive pill for me, so I have to continue using it.”

nothappy October 26, 2018

“I was told to start YAZ by my doctor when I was 17 (had a boyfriend, but also had irregular periods) so my main reason for using it was as birth control. Was fine for the first year, boobs grew which I did not complain about, I lost weight, felt happy- only thing was my liver levels elevated. Then when I turned 18 (1 year on the pill) I turned completely crazy. Didn't want to go out of my room, I started crying once because I found 3 little pimples on the side of neck, I was rude to my boyfriend and my family for no reason, I hated everything, I felt awful. I decided to go off it and was off it for 2 months and I have never felt so good. My moodiness slowly disappeared, my skin was so clear without it (although, I have never really suffered from problematic skin), regular periods, and my liver levels returned to normal...I did not want to go back on Yaz. I decided last week to go back on it as a method to prevent pregnancy. If I experience bad symptoms again I will never see Yaz again.”

Sarah October 22, 2018

“Never had this problem with a birth control before. Intense discharge, crying, anxiety that prevented me from going to school/sports/work, lucid dreams, impossible to get out of bed and exhausted all day. I hate this pill ”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 22, 2018

“Worst pillllllll ever!!! Breast pain and stomach ache! Depression anxiety and mood swings!”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2018

“39yr old. I took Yaz this year (2018) for 5mths. From the outset I experienced negative symptoms - bloating, swollen tender breasts. The worst side effect was extreme mood swings - each month I experienced extremely negative thoughts, paranoia, high levels of anxiety, crying, highly emotional and reactive...you name it. I changed to another brand and I’m back to my normal self. No real cons with this pill that another pill won’t provide.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2018

“I decided to try Yaz to clear up my skin as my twin sister has been on the same pill for almost a year and her skin is absolutely perfect!! Its been about 6 weeks since I first starting taking Yaz and I have completely lost who I am!! I started getting bad thoughts, anxiety, mood swings, depression, unable to fall or stay asleep and meanwhile my skin has only gotten worse. I blamed myself for being broken and unable to just act normal and now after reading everyone else comments I realise its all from Yaz. Please do not take this pill....... its not worth the side effects and the hefty price it costs as well!!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 17, 2018

“Gave me amazing skin and super light pain free periods and no mood swings or anything, but after 6 months of use l developed a DVT in my leg. Wish that didn’t happen because this was the best birth control I had ever been on but I guess that’s just part of the risk. I do recommend yaz but if anything starts to feel weird do not hesitate to go get it checked out if you are on this pill. For me I got a pain where my leg met my hip that would shoot down my leg and made it difficult to walk and my leg swelled up and it turned out I had an extensive clot from my hip all the way to my ankle. I am only 20 years old and am very in shape and active. This can happen to anyone so if you take this bc just be cautious.”

Verycarry · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2018

“I am 46. My gynecologist said not to believe the reviews after prescribing yaz to me. So, I didn't read the reviews. I stopped taking it yesterday. Here is why: severe bleeding, even now...20 days later, depression, suicidal thoughts, and depletion reserves of my vitamin B12. This drug should not be on the market I have put forth a complaint to the company and suggest everyone does the same. I am still suffering the consequences of taking it. And I hope my suffering ends soon, and I feel better. If you are suffering like me...feel better...stop taking it.”

Disgusted22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 26, 2018

“Last year I had to start the pill due to an irregular menstrual cycle. My gynocologist recommended I take this brand for 6 months. I was always the happiest and brightest person. I would be the one to cheer people up and make their day. This pill gave me depression. It took away my identity. I was on it for 4 months and I would have extreme mood swings every single day. I had to stop taking it due to severe spotting for the last 2 months of it. I would bleed everyday and a heavy amount too. I gained so much weight (10-15 pounds) and was very bloated. My appetite was amplified to the max. There wasn’t a single moment where I didn’t have food in my mouth. I tried to stay on yaz but it was an absolute disaster. I didn’t realize why these awful changes were happening to me. After I got off of it due to heavy spotting, I realized my mood improved. This pill ruined my life. I still have depression and I resent this brand for giving it to me.”

Anonymous September 15, 2018

“This birth control has been a nightmare for me, extreme moodiness, anxiety and crying spells. Not a normal thing for me, please be careful on this. I've taken it for 3 weeks. Never again.”

Baby-steps · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2018

“My dr put me on Yaz 11 years ago, within several months of being on this pill I began to experience bouts of depression during my menstrual cycle. After 6 months they were so severe I began to have serious panic attacks and could not leave my house. My world crashed while I was on this pill. NEVER touch this pill, it should not be on the market!!!”

dontdoit · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2018

“I was on yaz for 5 weeks. I used to break out a little bit every once in a while. I wanted to go on birth control to completely clear it. Within a week I was so badly bloated I couldn't fit into my clothes. I bled heavy nonstop the entire five weeks I was on it. I am prone to a bit of anxiety/depression but I have NEVER experienced anything like the kind of depression I had on this pill (panic attacks, constant crying) But WORST OF ALL - it gave me severe, nodular cystic acne. My skin went from near perfect to clogged pores covering my entire cheeks, which became HUGE DEEP nodular acne that have left my face scarred. Even after being off the pill, I remained sick. Finally almost 2 years later I saw a naturopath who found that the pill had COMPLETELY thrown off my hormones. With her help I was finally able to balance my hormones, clear my acne, and fix my sleep. This pill almost ruined my life. There are WAY better way to fix your acne (diet, hormone changes w a naturopath, exercise).”

Blondegirlsaresmart · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 16, 2018

“I went on this medication for acne which it definitely cleared up my skin 98%!! However, the side effects of this medication caused me to have a severely dry vagina to the point where it hurt to pee, got UTI's, and I’m not in a relationship but I definitely could not have sex my vagina is so sore and dry. I kept going back to the gyno for months because it felt like something was so wrong... all the tests were always negative and it wasn’t until just now that I made the connection that my irritation was from the yaz. I just stopped taking it a week ago but the doc said it may take a few months for the dryness to subside. It definitely worked for acne I just can’t stand this dryness and burning feeling.”

Poppy · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2018

“Birth control? Yes. Liver tumors as a side effect? Yes. Inoperable tumors and it's now too dangerous for me to get pregnant (risk of rupture).... So, yeah, it's a "birth control" all right..... for the rest of my life.”

Sammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2018

“I am on YAZ for birth control. My first month on it was okay, I had mood swings and a long period which is normal because your body is still getting use to the pill. In the end of the first month my libido was non existant and I got so dry there under. Like the whole time and that dryness caused itching. In the beginning of the month I was extra wet, the dryness was no problem. My gynecologist said that it can't be the pill.”

Maddie · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2018

“DO NOT RECOMMEND. I switched from the standard pill to Yaz due to intense breast tenderness. After taking Yaz, my breasts went from a 12DD to a 12F - none of my clothes fit me and everything is uncomfortable. I experienced bleeding for several weeks, and severe cramping that made me bedridden. My doctor said I would take up to 3 months for it to kick into my system - I took it for 5 months and still the same result. I have switched back to the normal pill, guess I'll just have to cope with the tender breasts!”

Sophie · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2018

“Yaz is my 5th pill I have tried as a form of contraception & I have been really happy with it, I have more energy, I don't get bad mood swings in comparison to the others I've tried, my nails are longer & stronger, I am now losing weight before hand I found it hard to even though I was eating well & going to gym. However, the sugar pills (period ones) lower my appetite & if I eat too much I get really stomach cramps & last night I got bad constipation. My period is so much lighter though & I haven't ever had bad skin but it's still the same which is good. I personally rather have cramps than to argue & cry to anyone who is close to me, I got so scared sometimes on the other pills & thought that my boyfriend & I were going to break up as I'd get mad or sad at him for no reason. Yaz is my favourite & I won't be switching any time soon”

Hillary May 6, 2018

“Con: Yaz has mimicked my pregnancy symptoms completely. From the nausea, to the bloat, the super sore breasts, to the dark spots on my face Pro: It made my periods super manageable, light and pretty painless. So you get the one week of not feeling terrible and the rest of the month feeling awful.”

Taylor April 18, 2018

“I was prescribed Yaz 2.5 years ago to help treat my PMDD and help clear my acne. For the first year I found Yaz great. I no longer got PMS symptoms, my periods were lighter, my skin was the clearest it's ever been in my life. I didn't experience any weight gain either. However, these past 12 months I have noticed a drastic change in my mood. I became depressed, suffering extreme anxiety, and lost complete motivation and passion for life. I cry easily, I feel helpless, I have less self esteem, I feel more nervous around people, I'm constantly tired and lacking energy. I used to go to the gym 7 days a week but now I can't even force myself to leave the house. I'm completely opposite to the person I was when I wasn't taking the pill. I experience constant yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis. I decided to stop taking Yaz and am hoping I will go back to being the person I was before I used this pill. Please please do your research before taking this pill!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2018

“I have horrible headaches everyday. Extreme moodiness & sometimes it doesn’t give me my period. It makes me cramp horribly and stay in pain everyday. I’m giving it a 3/10 because it did clear my face up a lot. This birth control constantly has me stressed out.”

Lpb · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 10, 2018

“I switched to yaz after trying traditional pills that caused me to break out in acne because of the increase in male androgen hormones. Yaz helped my skin but gave me terrible migraines so I had to stop it.”

BB8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2018

“I’ve been taking yaz for a few months now and each month my anxiety, depression and dependence on my bf has gotten worst. I thought I was just being a psycho until I read these reviews. Like I’d get so jealous and tell him off and I couldn’t figure out why because I’m usually not this person. I’m very easygoing and he’s trustworthy. Don’t do it. Find another birth control. I’m done taking this as of today.”

Pp · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 9, 2018

“I've been on Yaz for 6 years now and I cannot relate to most of the posts on here. I've had a great experience with it. My skin is clear, my hair growth reduced and I have not gotten pregnant - yay! Moodiness is here and there but I had that before the pill, we're hormonal after all! Great birth control overall, I would recommend.”

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2018

“PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YAZ! After 4/5 days I had a huge emotional break down. I hadn’t cried that hard in months. It was not something to get so worked up about. 2 days later I had one of the worse panic attacks I’ve ever experienced. It was absolutely terrorizing. Why the hell is this drug even available? Those are the just the extreme side effects. Please don’t risk your life! I’m also worried I could have a blood clot due to medicine.”