User Reviews for Accutane

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acne 427 reviews 537 medications

8.4
Summary of Accutane reviews 435 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "Miracle. Period. I had ZERO side effects and I feel so much better I can't even describe the feeling of relief. This medicine literally saved my life and I would take it again. I wish I could take it every day because it made my skin look AMAZING. I haven't had a SINGLE pimple or cyst since I finished this. I used to have cysts so huge they would turn my skin purple. I have horrendous scars all over my face from the damage. But now? It's getting better and I feel like a new person. Thank you!"

ChaseAdamz96 May 10, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I want to thank the people responsible for the creation and distribution of this product! I am so so so happy and satisfied. I want to share my story with the world. I want to show my pictures of my results to everyone! This products is a true blessing and I do not regret taking a single pill. My skin looks fabulous! Thank you!"

SharneO1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was so scared to take Accutane due to all of the experiences with initial breakouts and dry lips/skin. I've just began my third month and could not be happier. After the first month, I had stopped getting active acne and from then on, my skin has just been post-inflammatory acne scars that get less red day by day. My skin is no where near perfect, but the difference between what it is now and what it was pre-accutane is EXTRAORDINARY. I thankfully experienced no initial breakout. In fact, after just a week my skin had started clearing. My skin has not been dry at all- I've had no problems with dry lips or dry skin (I do apply aquafor generously throughout the day and moisturize twice a day) My treatment is Absorbica 40mg daily"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Helped with acne, although not the "miracle" we hoped for. However, he did experience severe psych issues at month #4. A college kid with absolutely no previous psych issues , became very depressed. No specific incidents or issues occurred, just a depression over nothing. Tears and sadness with no links to anything. Couldn't eat or sleep.We immediately stopped."

BW Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've had horrible cyst acne for years started taking accutane 3 months ago am completely clear now. Bad points joint pain dry skin and lips Get yourself blistex relief cream works wonders for your lips"

Mellor99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "stuff sucks for the 1st 4 months but after the 6th month I went from 50 pimples to 0, been off of it for a year and maybe one odd break out a month .. dry lips,dry eyes and stay out of the sun"

adam33 April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "In the sense of clearing skin, yes it did amazing, Almost to good to be true. I honestly told everyone about it. I took it for 6 months, Later that year I self harmed for the first time, this continued for years after taking Accutane I've suffered from depression, my weight starting changing dramatically I went from almost 200 to just just below 100 back up to 170 in a short amount of time. Around that time I was checked into an eating disorder center. The depression plus eating issues and lack of energy I looked for another way to be okay, I started on street drugs to control my depression, before Accutane I was such a happy guy, I know it's discounted, and for good reason too I just thought people might be able to relate."

Stevieaz91gmail.com (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Let me start off by saying - this drug works. For most, if not all of middle/high school, I had very bad acne that was resistant to doxycycline, minocycline, proactiv, Murad, benzoyl peroxide, salycilic acid, and all the wipes I could get my hands on. You more than likely will be free from acne at least for a few years after treatment, and it's absolutely wonderful! Being able to walk around without having to check mirrors for a new red/white bump on your face is as great as you think it will is. Unfortunately all this comes at a cost, which is why they're so serious and cautious when giving it to you. They still don't know exactly how it works - only that it's permanent. It doesn't just affect your acne it affects your entire body."

Jon75438 April 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My Son started this medicine in September of 2016.. He just finished his lost dose last month and I am very please with results. It was a process but well worth it! I would highly recommend other teens take the medicine. His acne was very very bad. But NOT anymore!"

Ms.Douglas April 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My face was horrendous before I used (ro)Accutane, to the point I couldn't see out of my left eye due to the level of spots/boils I had swelling up and becoming one. I noticed a difference on Accutane after a month or so, but the real improvements start after approximately 2 months depending on how bad you have it (mine was really bad and aggressive). I would definitely recommend reading the book of side effects you are given, I am "lucky" as I only really suffered with depression, which as most of us know you do so if you have acne anyway. One recommendation is not going in direct sun light until a month or so after finishing the treatment, and finding a very good face and lip moisturiser and these 2 parts will become very very dry!"

UKmale April 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "These will mess you up. I stopped after a round of treatment because my life was falling apart around me, I couldn't get up out of bed and was severely depressed and agoraphobic. Years after taking them, I still don't feel myself and wish I had never taken these."

Hijinks April 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Currently on accutane 40mg and just completed a little over three weeks. Feeling confident that it will get better the more I progress, but unfortunately having some pretty annoying side effects in the process. Accutane has made my roots dry (which is kinda good because I don't need to wash as often) but led me to have dandruff. I also get nosebleeds and currently experiencing worst blackhead breakouts I've ever had on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. Before accutane blackheads is what I had the least of and now they are taking over. I started this because back acne and as of right now I see no improvement which is fine because it's been a short while. I can't wait till I reach the end of this road already though."

NicoleeeXx March 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have had bad Cystic acne since middle school, When I was 15 in 2009 my Dermo put me on accutane, Loved! About 6 years later my acne has retuned with a vengance. I tried other medications these past two years and nothing worked. So i dicided to do another round of Accutane. I started March first 2017 and 30 days later my face is about half way clear already! I just a moisturized didnt wor so i use a combination of coconut oil before bed, and then cle patra oil in the morning. The flakeness of my face is ver minimal now. Super dry lips, using vasline every 2 hours helps! Other than that no cpmplaints. LOVE THIS DRUG!"

NomoreJosieGrosie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I haves struggled with acne since high school. I admit, it wasn't as severe as other cases. I occasionally had cysts, which I would cover with bandaids because I was too embarrassed. Over the years, my skin has been more clear but it's never really gone away. I'm currently in my sixth month of accutane. I think at this point, I was expecting more of a drastic change but haven't noticed a huge difference... yet. It's starting to kick in now though. The only side effects I have encountered are the dry lips, and the sweaty upper lip and eyebrows. The hardest part was the short time frame between lab work and getting the pills. More expensive than we anticipated, just in trying to order it. Stressful, but overall, better results than before."

Yelah (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've had very bad back and butt acne for 14 years.I have always put off taking accutane as I heard of the horrible side effects. I went to the doctor for a bad spot of acne that needed to be cut open. He said I have to go on accutane and explained the side effects. Lets do it cause I can't carry on like this any more.The pain ,the bleeding and the fact I haven't taken my shirt off in public for 14 years. I was very worried about taking it. Started in December 2016. I've been on it for 4 months already and its made a huge difference to my back and butt. My butt is taking a bit longer and that was explained to me before taking it. I have had very little break out on my back and its almost cleared. thou I have dry skin and very dry lips so far but worth it."

Calvinaccutane March 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I used this in High School back in 2003 and I haven't suffered more then a zit on my face a year."

STP_David (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I suffered from mild/persistent acne, which only got worse when I started college due to the anxiety and stress. The break outs become more frequent as the years went by, so I decided to see a dermatologist. I was first prescribed a treatment of facial cleansers, which worked for awhile, but my acne eventually came back. Then my dermatologist decided to put me on on Claravis (accutane). The first 2 months were hell, due to the extremely dry/sensitive skin. I suffered cuts daily and shaving became torture, I almost quit on the treatment. However, I turned a corner around the start of month 3 and haven't looked back. My treatment lasted 5 months, and since ending it in October 2016 my skin has been completely clear."

Sean O (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I inherited cystic acne from my father. He had severe cystic acne and was prescribed it immediately after it was approved by the FDA. It was amazing, it cleared his acne completely, but the side affects were pretty significant. I developed cystic acne as a teenager, and it never let up. I wanted to take Accutane, but being a woman, doctors were hesitant because of the birth defects it caused. I pursued it and finally found a doctor willing to prescribe it, but I had to be on birth control and be monitored. I was in my early twenties. I experienced severe skin dryness, headaches, and some minor hair loss. It was pretty uncomfortable, but I don't regret it at all. It was like a decade of bad skin was wiped out with one four month treatment."

FinallyZitFree February 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Overall I used the drug for 10 months. In 3/2016 my doctor tried me on a low dose for my weight which was 40 mg and I only lasted for 3 weeks. The drug made gave me anger management issues. More alarming was by the end of the 3 weeks I was depressed - life wasn't worth it. It took several days after I stopped it for that to go away. The drug made me very paranoid. I took myself off of it & then went back on Accutane 10 mg in June & worked up to 60 mg by January. I stayed on it another month on 40 mg before ending the drug. Accutane helped my acne significantly but I bled when I pooped, had trouble with BM, slept excessively, threw up constantly, was paranoid & angry. Not sure it was worth it."

Emmy1991 February 20, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Today is my first day of taking Accutane, and the reviewed shared in this blog actually helps and i'm looking forward in completing my 6 months treatment and getting good results.I will update you guys in 2 weeks time..."

NickyB15 February 10, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My son had severe acne. We tried every prescription and non-prescription topical cream and also the oral medications, minocycline and doxycycline. Nothing worked and he was struggling for 2 years with self esteem crushing acne all over his face. I was hesitant to have him try Accutane because of all the side effects but I'm so glad we decided to have him try it. He started at 40 mg the first month and then switched to 80 mg for 5 months. His face is completely clear. I call this a miracle drug. It's not for everyone and please realize there are some serious side effects for some people. My son mainly just had chapped lips and some peeling skin but nothing that wasn't manageable with moisturizer and chap stick"

Tnt3 February 7, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Very good results, although I had terribly dry, red skin, face moisturizer really helped! the medicine done its job & I only took about 5 months of accutane which left me with clear skin. I get a clogged pore or a small pimple every now and then but over all, great medicine! Really does wonders"

jessygirl122 February 7, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I took 60 mg of accutane for almost 6 months and I had moderate to severe acne. Did help my acne tremendously and though once in a while I still get a little pimple here and there, it is not to the severity of before taking the medication. However the side effect was brutal: very dry skin, nosebleed , and a lot of hair shedding. I say the hair shedding was the worst side effect of the medication because I was shedding hair during the medication and even after I stop taking accutane, I developed telogen effluvium which cause more shedding for three more months. Eventually the shedding stop and everything went back to normal. Yes this medication is effective for treating acne but be cautious of side effect."

Tr0y February 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've had acne for about 8 years. Last year it suddenly deteriorated into severe nodular cystic acne. I started Accutane in September 2016, I'm nearly finished my sixth month and I still have the same nodules and cysts that I had at beginning of the treatment, I'm still breaking out the same as before. Accutane is effective for 96% of people whilst they're on it, so I'm not bashing Accutane, it's an amazing drug for the majority of people. I'm obviously an exception and I'm devastated."

Doomed (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "​Hello everyone, I'm your typical 18 year old lad and have never written on a forum before but I want to write something for the people that are worried about taking this (in my opinion) miracle drug. I am coming to the end of my 6 month course and I can honestly say it's been life changing. Before I started Roaccutane, I was fairly depressed and seriously lacking confidence due to my appearance. But after months of failed treatments on various antibiotics, I was referred to a dermatologist who instantly said there's only one way to fix my acne problem, Roaccutane. At first I thought this is the worst case scenario and I'm going to be even more depressed as a result of the possible mental health side affects. Depression has run in my family so I was very worried. However, living like with acne wasn't something I was prepared to do, so I started the course on 40mg a day. The first week I had a headache daily, but thankfully these die off after a week and paracetamol and ibuprofen will take all the pain away. Almost immediately, my lips were cracking and from then on in, I never went anywhere without some Carmex lip balm in my pocket. As the first 3 months went by, I was still breaking out and was starting to think it isn't going to work. However, I'm so glad I stuck with it because now I haven't got a single spot of my face and the scars have faded to the point where you can barely see them! After the third month, my derm upped my dose and I started to take 60mg a day. Luckily for me I hadn't had any serious side affects. Just your occasional nose bleed and dry skin, and sometimes my eyes were a bit blurry but it's not much of an issue. Anyway, I just want anyone reading this that is worried about starting this medication, that not everyone has a horror story about Roaccutane and I couldn't be happier at how it's made me feel!! Don't let acne take over your life!:)"

braaad1998 January 17, 2017