User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne 51 reviews 527 medications

7.5
Bacterial Vaginitis 21 reviews 30 medications

5.7
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 72 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "Having suffered from adult acne my whole life I have finally found something that works, in fact it has changed my life. I used to suffer from pimples and blackheads, that was made worse by hormones but persisted my whole cycle, and took a long time to heal if I picked them. I use clindatech before bed, with a layer of 5% benzac on top and then coconut oil! My skin hasn't been this good since I was on the pill. Now I'm not taking any harmful medication and my confidence has been restored. Try it!! I hardly get any pimples now, and if I do they are totally gone in a couple of days."

hallyhally (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

For Acne: "I used to have lots of pimples all over my forehead and temples when I was 10 and kinda went on till I was about 12 or 13 that my skin cleared up. Later on a few months after I turned 20 I started to get bumps on my forehead again, not really pimples just bumps (occasionally 1 or 2 pimples) after a few months with this problem I went to my doctor and she prescribed me clindamycin. ITS AMAZING! Just the first night many of my bumps were gone! I'm on my 4th day now and my skin is clearing up pretty good, the only down side is the dryness it leaves you with. With a good moisturizer that problem it's fixed."

Lee96 December 13, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor prescribed me this medication to treat my BV. I was experiencing some odor and very little discharge. He prescribed me the 3 days dose and was surprised that it only came with one syringe. Day one of insertion was horrible, the syringe is not quite handy as the pill would get stuck in the syringe. After finally inserting the dose I had felt as if burning acid had been inserted into my vagina. It was horrible, the burning did not stop until 10 min later which felt like an eternity. Second night of insertion there was still burning sensation but somewhat bearable compared to the first night. Third night was back to the burning acid feeling but so bad that I almost wanted to head in to the hospital. I do not recommend this med!"

Vag on fire (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

For Acne: "My dermatologist prescribed this to me a week ago(clindamycin medacin T gel).She told me to use it for 2weeks and go for follow up if it doesn't work. I have numerous acne and small bumps on my chin and forehead.Since day 1 my acnes are coming out and breaking out more but the thing is after 3 days they immediately dried up.Im on my 6th day now and having problem with my forehead because the small bumps are looking bad they become bigger even in my cheeks.Anyways, it hadn't been a week since I started using it so might as well continue with this gel and wait to take its effect."

Daffodilbae December 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been using this for two days, and I've been itching and burning. I was prescribed because I thought I might have had a yeast infection bUT the dr. Said it was bacterial. My only symptom was a little discharge bUT now I'm worse off than I was."

NowIrritated October 24, 2016

For Acne: "I LOVE THIS STUFF! I'm not a person with horrible acne but I started to break out more and that was annoying so my doctor prescribed me this and seriously over night my face was 10x better! Now I'm on day 6 and I only have two zits and my face looks really good! I've had no irritation or redness, but I had a little dry skin which was easily fixed with a more moisturizing lotion! Over all I give this product a 10/10 it's so amazing!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

For Acne: "I have had problems with acne off and on as a teenager, but after I had our children it got worse. I mean a LOT worse! It got so bad that I have not been in any family pictures or even gone in public for the last 4 years! I am 39 years old and finally got so sick of wasting money and time on everything you can imagine, even tried every old wives tales. Finally my Dr put me on this, benzol peroxide 5% and Retinal- A. Yes weeks 1-3 made it 30%worse but week 4 and beyond my skin looks amazing! I now love going into public and my confidence is through the roof, I would definitely recommend for everyone!"

TheTrueMamaB August 13, 2016

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Easy to use but gave me a horrendous yeast infection. Would rather have taken flagyl"

Not impressed July 20, 2016

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I would def recommend this product I don't always believe reviews . When reading the reviews I lost hope that it would work for me . I've had these symptoms for the last 5 years or more and nothing ever works it comes right back . I take pills smell comes right back . I took this insert on Sunday . Today is Tuesday absolutely no smell I know it's early but I've been at work all day no discharge so sweat no fishy odor I am so happy I hope this is the end to my Bv nightmare"

Blue 24 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm on night 2 of 7. It has worked great so far and I even noticed significant improvement by this morning. It's a little messy, but definitely worth it! Highly recommend this product."

TP2016 July 7, 2016

For Acne: "I have suffered with severe acne on my face and back for years now. I can't recall when it first became a serious health issue that impeded on my personal, social, and sexual life; but a good guess would be that the severity increased around seventeen years old. I am now twenty-two. My acne is worst on upper back - extremely painful cystic lumps, as well as enormous whiteheads. I can't reach these to treat, and popping leaves unsightly scars; as well as being excruciatingly painful. The acne on my back has caused me many sleepless nights due to pain, swelling, and discomfort. I also have had acne on my face that causes a large amount of pressure, migraines, and whiteheads on my chin. Two weeks on this, and it's clearing up very well! NO s/a"

L0STF0XX (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I got my first case of BV and was prescribed Clindamycin cream for five nights. It did nothing to treat the infection. It caused me even worse pain, burning, and spread the infection so I contracted a UTI. On to Macrobid now for that. The cream is messy, stings, and dries everything out. I still tested positive for BV after the cream so was switched to oral Flagyl. Flagyl took the burning away within 12 hours. I should have gone with Flagyl the first time around."

Anne_H (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

For Acne: "Im 13, and started using Clindamycin topical about a year and a month ago. My daily routine is using a cleanser to wash my face, apply the clindamycin topical in the morning and the moisturize. At night, its the same routine except a different topical. I am also taking an antibiotic twice a day every day. Last year, my acne WAS TERRIBLE. I was so insecure about it. The topicals and antibiotics helped, but very slowly. It's been over a year and my acne is still very bad. I have not missed one day of doing my routine morning and night, so I am growing impatient. I have done it for over a year and its so little improving my face. I also get chemcial peels every month to help the breakouts coming in. Terrible."

sadacneuser May 31, 2016

For Acne: "I have always had acne, especially around my mouth and forehead. Cystic, painful and ugly. I've tried medicines, facials, expensive face washes, not washing my face, EVERYTHING. When I became pregnant the problem became so much worse. It was so bad I actually had people comment on it. I asked my baby doctor what I could do and she prescribed this gel. The problem stayed the same for a few weeks. It gradually got better and better and now I haven't have a break out in weeks. My skin tone is actually improving too. I would recommend this to anyone. I will continue to use this after having the baby as well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

For Acne: "Personally, I never really had bad acne just here and there kinda thing so when I had brought up it being embarrassing to my doctor she prescribed clindamycin to me and I swear to you it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cleared up in a couple weeks and even my scarring was gone. only pitfall is the drying effect. Highly recommend."

Nicole sabler April 18, 2016

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had a very pungent odor and was diagnosed with BV. I was a little skeptical about clindesse because oral clindamycin and me do not agree. However, I inserted the clindesse before bed and the next day the odor was not existent. I haven't had any side effects so I'm a fan or this product. If you don't have insurance, it can be a bit pricey. So just go online and print or download the coupon card."

Laurannmill April 16, 2016

For Acne: "Highly recommend for mild acne. I was put on this to treat my mild hormonal break outs. With in a couple days I had results! No redness,drying or any effects. I wish I would have known about this years ago! Going to start my son on this also. I have the topical dabber. Works great!"

Busymom3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Acne: "Do not take this!! Worst experience of my life. Made my acne 100X worse. Also made my face really red and greasy. Not effective AT ALL. I have no idea why my doctor would prescribe me this. Ruined my life, can't stand being seen like this. Try benzoyl peroxide. Much more effective. Dries out your skin, but an easy fix with lotion."

Sam49613 March 29, 2016

For Acne: "I started getting acne after 13 . I tried all sorts of home remedies till i turned 14 . Then one of my friends just casually told me about this gel . I stared using it immediately cuz the skin was going too worse!! Its not a miracle cure for sure ! I mean it won't c;ear your skin overnight but yes patience is required . After 2 weeks or so i saw some results and guess what ? all my acne and their marks were gone with the continuous use 2 or 3 months . i enjoyed my marks and pimple free skin for a couple of months but it was for just 5-6 months or so ! i started getting them again . I increased the usage of this gel and it got worse. It totally stopped working on my skin . And made it badly worse . So use it and once they are gone plz stop!"

srilaxmiraja March 17, 2016

For Acne: "I used to have acne when I was younger then after having my son my skin cleared up. I would get the occasions pimple associated with PMS. Then all of a sudden my skin went bananas! I was breaking out all over my jaw line, knock and chin and they were cystic and hurt very much. I felt uncomfortable and very insecure at 37 yrs old I though my days of hiding due to acne was over. I've been using it for a week now and it has cleared up my skin soooo much. I have to mix it with benzoyl peroxide as well. The only downside it dries the skin and burns a bit by the results are amazing !!"

Alyssa37 March 1, 2016

For Acne: "I've always had clear skin until recently, my skin isn't horrible but I never had to worry about pimples on my face. I have always suffered from chest and back acne. Been using this about a year now. Not one pimple now, this began working at week #1. Everyone skin will react different to products, instead of saying it doesn't work day it didn't work for you, because this product is a winner and wonder healer."

Acne40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 21, 2016

For Acne: "I began to use Clindamycin PH 1% Gel and Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% towards the end of the summer for 2 months for my issues with acne on my chin. I had bumps on other areas of my face but mostly concentrated in my chin. My acne its not severe but its always been an issue, and since I was 12 I always had black heads on my nose and chin. This gel did not work for I didn't notice any change on my face, the pimples, bumps and black heads remained the same, they became more noticeable. It was irritating on my skin and it made my skin extremely oily and since I wear makeup it became an issue. The cleanser I do enjoy, it clears your pores and my skin has never been softer but the gel I do not recommend"

For acne January 20, 2016

For Acne: "I never had bad acne until I started college. This product made me break out 10 times worse for the first 2 months. But thats what its supposed to do. Now I'm on my 3rd month and all of my pimples and bumps are pretty much gone. I was left with some scars but that's also normal and will fade while continuing to use the products. It may seem hopeless at first (trust me) but it really works and its worth it! Good Luck!"

beautyqueen266 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2016

For Acne: "I had never had acne until I turned 22, an occasional pimple but a suddenly I began getting cystic acne; it was not severe but bad. Honestly, I had tried nearly everything for it. Thankfully I was only getting it on my face, but the cysts kept growing and after trying months of prescription levels and regimens of retin-a, benzoyl peroxide, doxycycline, and a few others- I had no to very little improvement. I was about to be put on acutane- thankfully I asked my doctor about clindamycin. Within a week of starting this my face actually stopped hurting. Within 90 days most of my acne had cleared up with a few deeper cysts that had decreased in size by at least 80%. 6 months later and my skin looks like normal healthy skin again. This stuff truly changed my life and gave me my confidence back. Can not recommend it enough."

Use it!!! December 21, 2015

For Acne: "Clindamycin gel is no more effective than using an over the counter acne medication. Your practitioner will likely couple this topical acne med with benzoyl peroxide (to avoid bacteria resistance). As always, consult with a doctor after 8-12 weeks of using this product. Didn't clear my acne but improved my skin."

Lauren44444 December 14, 2015