User Reviews for Clindamycin topical

5.9

Perioral Dermatitis

Summary of Clindamycin reviews 7.1 143 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "I’ve been dealing with pretty nasty rounds of cystic acne for the past couple years. They would scab, be HUGE, and almost impossible to cover up. I was so insecure! I’m assuming it was hormonal, but I’ve also had a problem with picking my face as well so often times bacteria would get in there and make it a hundred times worse. I’ve been using Clindamycin that you apply since January and it literally cleared my skin over the first five days of me using it. It works till I run out, and then my skin it pretty clear after a week of not using it if I’ve been using it for a few weeks prior. I just got a new round and I was breaking out horribly and my face was mega red. I put some on my face last night and woke up with NO swelling on my face and the redness gone!! Even scabbing stopped. This stuff saved my self esteem!"

laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2019

For Acne: "This topical medication is AMAZING. Im a 23 y/o male and I've always struggled with mild cystic acne. I have Clyndamycin Phosphate (lotion) 1%. Before starting, I had a cyst on my face that would not clear for 4 weeks and two more forming. Legit overnight the swelling went down. I have been using this for about 7 days now (once a day) in combination with a 10% BPO (Benzoyl Peroxide) face wash and my skin has already begun to clear. This product won't cause "purging" like a retinoid or adapalene, because it is an antibiotic and will not cause your skin to turn over, which is a huge plus if you're not dealing with moderate to severe acne (in my non-medical opinion). Some people say it causes drying, which it may. It has Stearic Alcohol in it, so if you're worried about drying I would wait about 30 mins after washing your face to apply, as a freshly washed face will increase likelihood of irritation."

Cystic Acne April 1, 2019

For Acne: "So I am on my first week of clindamycin for acne. Reading these reviews I was thinking- man my acne will be gone in 3 days...not true So far it appears to getting worse I have comedonal acne caused by a new birth control I was prescribed, prior I never had acne just a pimple on my chin or odd place once in a while. Now I have about 100-200 small little bumps on my face is clusters on my chin, jawline, cheeks. It’s pretty depressing, I hardly want to go out anymore since I look like I’m just growing weird lumps on my face. My doctor prescribed me this, I feel as though so far it is causing more bumps but also making them smaller and it has inflamed some of them to turn into actual pus filled zits. But they dry up fast. One week in and my acne is still here. It’s hard because you want a quick fix but I know that can’t happen. I will update in a month and let you guys know if this can treat comedonal acne! Let’s hope, fingers crossed"

Robyn (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

For Acne: "I have really bad inflammatory acne around my jawline and cheeks. I started using clindamycin alongside otc benzoyl peroxide facial cleanser and by week 2 it got worse. I was so upset, but waited it out. I took pictures every few days of my acne which helped because I could see that there were many little bumps under the skin to start with that I hadn't noticed and the clindamycin was just helping them come to the top to get rid of them. Biggest thing is to be patient. Week 3 I started noticing a difference in inflammation. On to week 6 now and still experiencing breakouts, but my skin is definitely still purging. Have to keep reminding myself that it can take 12 weeks to clear."

lk (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2019

For Acne: "Clindamycin is excellent, acne gone in a week time and doesn't come back till I run out again. "

southdemon (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2019

For Acne: "I'm 24, male, I just want to tell my journey with this monster on my face.. hahaha. I thought someone cursed me, that's why I have had this freaking nodular acne on my face. My face was so clear before, it just started to break out when my shift changed at the graveyard. I had this horrible acne and I literally hate having this. I've tried so many treatments such as home remedies, rejuvenating set but it doesn't work. Then one day my friend advised me to go the my skin doctor to have myself checked and to treat this acne. So today It is my first day using this gel and I hope I'll get the best result like yours. I'll keep you posted. Cheer up to those people who's still suffering from acne, most specially the severe one."

Clarence Barisson February 28, 2019

For Acne: "okay so I was prescribed this about 5-6 days ago, and it has made my acne so much worse than it was before. My face has broken out everywhere other than underneath my eyes. Before using this, my face was 95% clear, I maybe had 3 pimples on a bad day. Now I have prob around 70 pimples on my face and my chin is so dry it’s flaking off. I want to continue this lotion but if it doesn’t get better in 7 days then I’m stopping it."

kaprater (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Acne: "I was pretty blown away with the results the clindamycin topical gel provided with a cyst. I have been experiencing hormonal acne ever since I entered into my 30s. My dermatologist suggested clindamycin to help reduce swelling and the severity of the acne, since I didn't want to take a hormonal medication. Let me just say, WOW! I started developing a cyst (one of those painful ones deep in the skin) a week ago. I was so upset, as they usually take 3-4 weeks to shrink down. It's been 1 week of clindamycin application to my entire face, including the cyst, and it's pretty much gone. I had also had very slight hyper-pigmentation, which is also an improvement. I did not pick or pry at the cyst to get these results. If you have cystic acne, this may be a good solution for you. I can't say yet whether it has been preventing cysts, but I do know that it speeds up the healing process!"

breezy (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "A lot of the Western medicine out there is a joke and it’s nothing but a money hungry business to keep you coming back for more. A tube of this costs $91 and sure it takes the burn and smell away but once you’re done it’s back. I’ve been dealing with BV now for 3 months and I’m done with the deceiving promises and have headed the homeopathic rout. Do something good for your body, don’t give it garbage"

Annoyed (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

For Acne: "My face is super sensitive so when my doctor recommended this to me, I was scared my face would break out more or get excessively dry. It has already been a week and my face is almost clear and the size of my acne has reduced tremendously. The first few days were the toughest for me because it seemed like my face wasn't getting any better since my acne wasn't reducing and some new ones appeared. I told myself to wait it out (mainly because this stuff is more on the expensive side). I am so glad I did! This product was $52 for me but even after a week it looks like I barely used it because it takes awhile to go through."

Lala (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2018

For Acne: "I love this medicine! I’ve only been using it for about a month and see major results! For even better results, use it with “Acne Medication 5 Benzoyl Peroxide Gel USP, 5%” They work like a dream together! Though, it made my skin peel the first week I used it, so be careful! After about 2 weeks of use, the peeling stopped and my skin looked amazing! I noticed my acne scars beginning to blur and I’ve never seen my skin look better. Highly recommend, but be cautious of the peeling! Don’t be panicked of it, I believe it’s a side effect. It’ll go away before you know, so don’t stress over it like me. Good luck!"

Reviewer (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2018

For Acne: "I have been using clindamycin gel with cerave facewash for a few days now. I have the inflammatory, hormonal acne all over my face. The only area that it is not on my face is around my eyes where sunglasses would cover. It's on my cheeks in full, chin, around my mouth, my forehead and beside my eyes. It is also on my back. I am a 31 YO female. This gel has already helped reduce the redness and acne after just a few days. My face has calmed down. I have the type of acne that clears up with oral antibiotics too but I can't be on that for a variety of reasons; pregnancy and breastfeeding etc. I am not sure how this will pan out over several months, I hope to come back and update. This did dry my lips but that recovered after a few days. Get some chapstick. There was a slight burn when beginning this rx. I do use facial moisturizers regularly. I also was able to put makeup on top of this in the morning to wear to work and it worked out fine."

HelloPPL October 9, 2018

For Acne: "I used this gel for 3 months and the result is very positive. At the beginning I have burning sensation which irritates too much but remember the idioms sabr ka fal mitha hota hai (There is a sweet fruit at the destination of every journe) and now I have no pimples. But one thing if you stop this treatment and not look after your face then pimples will come back - this is my experience. Otherwise product is very good."

Radha (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis: "Was prescribed a Clindagel for PD. Really didn’t do much at all. I know everyone is different but I honestly wouldn’t waste too much with this. Violet extract dried it up in a couple days. Also went to Chinese doctor (TCM) and got herbal tea that has helped a lot! Elidel helps bring down flares as well but is not a cure."

25 and sensitive (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Acne: "I have been using adaplene and clindamycin phophate gel for 3 days, my skin is getting severe burn and I have cracks under my skin. But I had read many reviews which give me positive thoughts, therefore I hope , it will cure up my skin eventually . But for now my skin is becoming worst if I get to notice any change I'll share it for betterment"

Jass September 21, 2018

For Acne: "I've used the benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin cream for 7 days and I officially quit!!! I can usually tough out any initial side effects but the way my skin /burns/ after applying moisturizer (BECAUSE IT DRIES THE HECK OUT OF MY SKIN - seriously my skin is red and scaly on my upper lip) is unbearable!!!!! I've never felt such a painful burn on my face in my life :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Acne: "This medication helped clear up my daughter's moderate acne completely"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Acne: "I have had bad acne since I was 12. By the time I was about 20 I had tried many face washes and acne creams, and nothing worked. Some dermatologists only recommended taking strong oral medication, but the side effects were too severe and I did not want to take a chance. I went to a different dermatologist and was finally prescribed clindamycin 1% topical cream (twice a day) , and tretinoin .025% (once a day at night). I eventually went up to tretinoin .1%. I now do the weaker tretinoin every 3 days while the other days I use the stronger one. My skin has never been this clear - I rarely ever have even one pimple on my face. The only downside is that your skin gets really dry but if you use face masks and cream (especially Korean face masks ) the dryness goes away. I might get a few pimples during PMS but barely any, and only sometimes. I'm extremely pleased that I finally found something that works for me."

AC (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed Doxycyline Monohydrate, Benzoyl Peroxide, and another cream. The other cream wasn’t covered by my insurance, so i got prescribed with Clindamycin later on. As I added Clindamycin to my routine with the other drugs, my skin got really really oily and it broke out. Mind you, my skin was 90% clear before using this gel and I thought why not just use it if I was prescribed it as well. Everyone’s skin is different, I'd say if your skin is usually on the oily side you wouldn’t want to use Clindamycin gel."

lindabee August 6, 2018

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been struggling with BV for about 15 years. At first I was being treated for a yeast infection finally I was given flagyl first second and third round didn't work then they went to the metronidazole gel all 7 rounds no success I have been trying to conceive so do this was a hard pill to swallow. I'm on 27 I just couldn't understand so I researched different med and went back to my doctor with questions she prescribed clindesse I rushed home showered and inserted the med. Next day I felt so much better I was dancing around the house it's day for with not a symptom of any kind of love this product hopefully the BV remains gone"

Kitty (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Acne: "Wonderful. Takes awhile to work (2-3 weeks) but once it does it helps significantly. Works well for red, inflamed, cystic acne. I use the clindamycin phosphate 1% lotion—moisturizes a bit and doesn’t aggravate my very sensitive, dry skin. I feel it’s worth mentioning that I have eczema and it doesn’t bother that either. One bottle lasts me a couple months."

Sensitive skin (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2018

For Acne: "I’m 20 years old and have been having horrible acne breakouts. They are so red and inflamed. If I popped them then they would only get worse and multiply. My doctor prescribed me the 1% clindamycin phosphate pledgets. I used them every morning and night after washing my face. I did this for around 4 months. The pledgers only lasted me 1 month and it was getting pretty costly. I then switched to the 1% clindamycin phosphate gel and it has done wonders for my skin. I used to breakout all over my face and the pimples would never go away. Now I maybe get 3 small ones around the time of my period. But the topical also helps to reduce the redness and inflammation when my acne was super bad. I finally feel comfortable enough to leave my house without any makeup on. Only reason I give it a 9/10 is because I’ve noticed my skin is more shiny and oily."

Aliza July 20, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have never had BV before in my life, now that I had it once I get it every couple of months. I have done the metro gel before many times. 7 days to only have a raging thrush afterwards. My doctor finally prescribed me this as I just had a hysterectomy and had everything removed minus ovaries and I'm left with a vaginal cuff which isn't healing well. Once my stitches were gone she gave me this after flaygl didn't work either. This time around I have stayed heavy on my probotics, I took 5 day cream and took my diflucan day 3. I have had zero issues with burning. Only achyness first few days which I get from BV. I'm 7 days post meds and it feels great. Really thinking it worked."

Unrulyvag (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis: "Topical clindamycin with minocycline clears it in 10’dsys"

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Acne: "Typically started treatment with clindamycin phosphate clear gel. It doesn't irritate skin. If I have some rashes or pimple irritation on skin I also use Fudic (Fusidic acid )clear gel. It will shows big results. Only keep calm and be patient . Also can use Havglo cream for your scars. I am also suffering from acne and scar. I started treatment and these creams are prescribed by my skin dr. So remember to consult with skin dr."

Dhanu July 3, 2018