User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, Pledgaclin …show all brand names

Acne
7.6

Bacterial Vaginitis
6.1

Perioral Dermatitis

Summary of Clindamycin reviews 7.1 128 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "I've used the benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin cream for 7 days and I officially quit!!! I can usually tough out any initial side effects but the way my skin /burns/ after applying moisturizer (BECAUSE IT DRIES THE HECK OUT OF MY SKIN - seriously my skin is red and scaly on my upper lip) is unbearable!!!!! I've never felt such a painful burn on my face in my life :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Acne: "This medication helped clear up my daughter's moderate acne completely"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2018

For Acne: "I have had bad acne since I was 12. By the time I was about 20 I had tried many face washes and acne creams, and nothing worked. Some dermatologists only recommended taking strong oral medication, but the side effects were too severe and I did not want to take a chance. I went to a different dermatologist and was finally prescribed clindamycin 1% topical cream (twice a day) , and tretinoin .025% (once a day at night). I eventually went up to tretinoin .1%. I now do the weaker tretinoin every 3 days while the other days I use the stronger one. My skin has never been this clear - I rarely ever have even one pimple on my face. The only downside is that your skin gets really dry but if you use face masks and cream (especially Korean face masks ) the dryness goes away. I might get a few pimples during PMS but barely any, and only sometimes. I'm extremely pleased that I finally found something that works for me."

AC (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 23, 2018

For Acne: "I was prescribed Doxycyline Monohydrate, Benzoyl Peroxide, and another cream. The other cream wasn’t covered by my insurance, so i got prescribed with Clindamycin later on. As I added Clindamycin to my routine with the other drugs, my skin got really really oily and it broke out. Mind you, my skin was 90% clear before using this gel and I thought why not just use it if I was prescribed it as well. Everyone’s skin is different, I'd say if your skin is usually on the oily side you wouldn’t want to use Clindamycin gel."

lindabee August 6, 2018

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been struggling with BV for about 15 years. At first I was being treated for a yeast infection finally I was given flagyl first second and third round didn't work then they went to the metronidazole gel all 7 rounds no success I have been trying to conceive so do this was a hard pill to swallow. I'm on 27 I just couldn't understand so I researched different med and went back to my doctor with questions she prescribed clindesse I rushed home showered and inserted the med. Next day I felt so much better I was dancing around the house it's day for with not a symptom of any kind of love this product hopefully the BV remains gone"

Kitty (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Acne: "Wonderful. Takes awhile to work (2-3 weeks) but once it does it helps significantly. Works well for red, inflamed, cystic acne. I use the clindamycin phosphate 1% lotion—moisturizes a bit and doesn’t aggravate my very sensitive, dry skin. I feel it’s worth mentioning that I have eczema and it doesn’t bother that either. One bottle lasts me a couple months."

Sensitive skin (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 26, 2018

For Acne: "I’m 20 years old and have been having horrible acne breakouts. They are so red and inflamed. If I popped them then they would only get worse and multiply. My doctor prescribed me the 1% clindamycin phosphate pledgets. I used them every morning and night after washing my face. I did this for around 4 months. The pledgers only lasted me 1 month and it was getting pretty costly. I then switched to the 1% clindamycin phosphate gel and it has done wonders for my skin. I used to breakout all over my face and the pimples would never go away. Now I maybe get 3 small ones around the time of my period. But the topical also helps to reduce the redness and inflammation when my acne was super bad. I finally feel comfortable enough to leave my house without any makeup on. Only reason I give it a 9/10 is because I’ve noticed my skin is more shiny and oily."

Aliza July 20, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have never had BV before in my life, now that I had it once I get it every couple of months. I have done the metro gel before many times. 7 days to only have a raging thrush afterwards. My doctor finally prescribed me this as I just had a hysterectomy and had everything removed minus ovaries and I'm left with a vaginal cuff which isn't healing well. Once my stitches were gone she gave me this after flaygl didn't work either. This time around I have stayed heavy on my probotics, I took 5 day cream and took my diflucan day 3. I have had zero issues with burning. Only achyness first few days which I get from BV. I'm 7 days post meds and it feels great. Really thinking it worked."

Unrulyvag (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis: "Topical clindamycin with minocycline clears it in 10’dsys"

Sue (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Acne: "Typically started treatment with clindamycin phosphate clear gel. It doesn't irritate skin. If I have some rashes or pimple irritation on skin I also use Fudic (Fusidic acid )clear gel. It will shows big results. Only keep calm and be patient . Also can use Havglo cream for your scars. I am also suffering from acne and scar. I started treatment and these creams are prescribed by my skin dr. So remember to consult with skin dr."

Dhanu July 3, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve tried lots of different combinations of treatments for acne over the past 6 months, and nothing was working. I was on Trinessa-Lo birth control (said to help reduce acne; it didn’t), started Differin gel, tried more natural cleaners and facial treatments, etc. Absolutely nothing worked, until my doctor prescribed Clindamycin. As a disclaimer, she had me switch to a more hormonally-balanced birth control (Estarylla), continue to use Differin gel, and use Clindamycin on top of that all. But instantly after using the Clindamycin, I saw MAJOR results within 2 weeks. Just as a tip, however, DO NOT skip moisturizing your face, because this product is pretty drying. I recommend Differin brand moisturizer with SPF in it. My face is now nice and soft, and pretty much acne-free!"

Char (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2018

For Acne: "I would 100% recommend clindamycin topical. I’ve been using it for about 3 weeks now, my doctor told me to use it along side doxycycline and my skin cleared up within 5-7 days because of the solution. Other friends that have used it say that your skin does get used to the product so it stops working but it’s a fantastic short term solution."

jess102 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

For Acne: "Used for 3 months as directed by my doctor. Initially I had a really bad rash but I persisted and my skin did become less sensitive to the product. It feels like is burning once applied but this feeling goes away in a few minutes. I had the clearest and smoothest skin ever when I was on it but this did not last and eventually went back to 'normal' and potentially got even worse after the 3 months. Although I never irritated or dried out my skin because I was on top of my moisturiser, I was also worried about the effects of the alcohol in the product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

For Acne: "Have used foam for 2 weeks. I see a little improvement."

Slugger (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been trying to treat my hormonal acne since the beginning of 2017 which feels like 4 years now even though it’s only been 1. I took Spirolactone for my hormonal acne which did (listen when I tell you little) little amount to clear my face. It mostly kept my oil at bay. I decided to go back to my derm in 2018 and she prescribed doxy 125 mm a day. No easy drug by any means, and clindamyacin phosphate gel. I was reluctant at first because I had previously been to a diff derm with no luck (spiro) and felt defeated and broke. I’ve been on the antibiotics for a month now and I’d say in combo with the doxy my acne has cleared about 90 percent. I find this utterly groundbreaking since I genuinely believed this is something I’d ALWAYS deal with.They say it doesn’t work well for people who have oily skin but I disagree. Because of the alcohol in it, it helps keep my oil at bay. But it’s not drying like retin-a or panoxyl. Definitely worth visiting a doctor about that’s all I can say."

Aly Delaine June 11, 2018

For Acne: "When applied to the skin, caused an uncomfortable burning sensation to occur."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was asked to use the ovules for three days. Right after insertion (best done by finger) it burns a lot for the first 15-20 minutes then it calms down. I thought it was an allergic reaction but after reading these posts it seems like it’s a side effect. Symptoms seem to be getting better, but I’m also taking another oral antibiotic so I’m not sure which medicine is the effective one. If there is an alternative to this medicine, I would opt for that to avoid that awful burning sensation."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was experiencing a horrible BV. I would be embarrassed because I was having a bad odor and felt sweaty with discharge. I informed my gyn when I got my annual pap. He prescribed me Clindesse and gave me a coupon for it $75 off!!! I ended up paying $35 out of pocket. I got home that evening showered and inserted medication. I took it on Tuesday and today is Thursday and so far no discharge, no foul odor no sweat. So relieved. I was only wondering if the medication would come back out or have a nasty discharge like the other reviews I read. I would recommend this medication."

Annonymous May 24, 2018

For Acne: "My doctor prescribed clindamycin and another topical treatment for my acne. I put it on a cotton pad morning and night and put it on my face. Normally I have more dry skin but it didn’t dry me out. Within a couple days of using it I noticed a huge difference. Less acne was forming. I have used it for almost a year now and my skin is as clear as it’s ever been!"

SN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2018

For Acne: "I had moderate to severe acne as a teenager (about 8 years ago) that cleared up by the time I was 18 after my derm put me on antibiotics and topical medications . I only got the occasional pimple but was nothing severe. Just this year, my acne returned, possibly due to a stressful period and/or vitamin b12 injections. It was mild to moderate. I went to my derm and she prescribed me doxycycline 100mg once a day just for 5 days and advised me to apply clindamycin phosphate gel 3 nights a week after washing my face. My acne stopped almost immediately after the first application (just a small mild initial breakout but nothing bad). After 2 weeks I stopped breaking out completely. My skin now feels amazing and I haven't had a breakout for more than a month! The gel is very easy to apply and sinks in immediately. It may take a few applications to get used to its feel and smell."

NG May 8, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis: "Been using the topical gel for a month and no improvement. In fact, the gel inflames my condition."

Cyndi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Acne: "My face burns an hurts all over sooo bad! Had to stop using it after 3 or 4 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Acne: "I've been using clindamycin phosphate 0.1 topical solution along with other topicals twice a day, and I've seen no change till now. My acne is getting worsen and becoming inflamed and leaving pathetic and horrible scars. Hoping for improvement in coming days, as I'm directed to use it for 9 weeks."

ANNA (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well I just tried this 3 day with ovule. BURNING SENSATION ALL THE WAY IT HURTS LIKE ANYTHING. Why would the dr not even tell me this"

Adri April 13, 2018

Clindets Pledget (clindamycin) for Acne: "In college I got bacne (back acne) out of nowhere and mildly on my face. I asked my Dr. for clindamycin 1% pledgets and found them very helpful as an addition to other acne products I was using. I wash my face and back with Obagi gentle cleanser, wait for it to dry completely, then applied Obagi 2.5% salicylic acid solution with a cotton wipe and wait for that to dry, then use the clindamycin 1% pledgets. This combination of clindamycin 1% and salicylic acid 2.5% quickly cleared much of my inflammatory acne and whiteheads up. It dried up the pimples. A week after starting this regimen, I added tazorac 0.1% every few nights, the other nights I applied Finacea (azelaic acid 15%) after clindamycin dried. About 3 weeks later I began Aczone (dapsone 7.5%)l. I also added in a moisturizer glycerin 20% the same time. With this entire combination, my bacne had decreased roughly 92% within less than 7 weeks. The inflammatory papules and whiteheads are significantly reduced, almost gone."

Mike April 11, 2018