User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, Pledgaclin …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne
7.7

Bacterial Vaginitis
6.2

Summary of Clindamycin reviews 7.0 97 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "I'm a 31 year old mom of three, and had been experiencing the worst acne of my life for the past year. I've always had acne off and on since a teen, but the past year I had cystic acne along my chin line and under my jaw like nothing else. Painful. Embarrassing. My Doc prescribed this, in the liquid form that you pat on. I use it nightly every or every other night (along with a RX benzoyl peroxide cleanser first). One month down and acne cleared up almost immediately. I will continue using for maintenance of course. I'm sensitive to Retin A, this stuff though never leaves my skin dry or burned like Retin A did."

JoJo830 November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I was prescribed treclin 1% (clindamycin 10mg and tretinoin 0.25mg) nearly 2 months ago by my derm. I've stuggled with acne since I was 13 I'm now 19, I used epiduo for 2 years and that seemed to work but would make my skin really irritated, dry and pale I took this along side on and off lymecyclin oral antibiotics. My skin got worse when I became immune to the antibiotics and the irritation from the epiduo got worse, I needed something less harsh that was going to clear me up. Up to now treclin has made my skin worse than it's ever been I'm getting spots mainly along my jaw line and chin (I never have had spots there before) and they are making me really self conscious to the point I don't want to leave my house."

Ambarichards November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Genetically, I am cursed with acne. For years as a young teen I struggled with acne on my forehead and cheeks. I tried every potion and cleanser out there, to no avail. When I went for my physical, my doctor noticed how bad my acne was and prescribed clindamycin gel, and boy has it worked wonders. I have very sensitive skin, yet this did not seem to make things worse. I have occasional breakouts, but my skin looks absolutely fantastic after 5 months of use."

E.G (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I used this item for about 2 years. It worked wonders and brought my breakouts to a minimum, and almost non existent with a consistent regimen (along with cetaphil facial cleanser, retin A cream at night, and a caudalie vinoperfect serum) Basically within the first 2 months of using it, it felt like my acne was getting worse but I think my skin was just purging and afterwards, I basically never had breakouts anymore."

M.N.da (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I really got slammed with acne this summer, and my mom was starting to worry because my forehead was covered in pimples. When I went to the doctor for my physical this year, my mom told her about the acne. I have tried many facial cleansers and products to no lasting effects. My doctor said she could prescribe me a lotion to help, so I took her up on the offer. Within a week, my acne had already cleared up. I haven't been on the treatment long but I do it every day and have had no bad side affects. My skin is clearer than it has been for months!"

Person with acne (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Hello, I am a 18 year old teenager. Yes, I know acne loves to pop up during the teenage age but I've had for more than 5 years. It was really hard for me to be confident when my face is covered in pimples. The only clear spot I have is my temples. After my doctor suggested Clindacin, I was shocked. It burned right when you applied it but that's only because your pores were open. I've been using this for about a week and I've seen major results. My acne has shrunk and some even disappeared! believe me or not but my confidence grows a step higher every time I see one pimple disappear. I still don't have a clear spotless face yet but that's because it's a month long process. I'm only one week into the treatment. I hope this helped! :)"

Acne Queen (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed this cream after already taking oral medications that failed to work because I have had a gastric bypass and the pills were not absorbed by my body enough to get rid of my b.v. I put it in at night and felt 70% better in the morning when I woke up."

Beccaj77 August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have been using clindamycin for 2 months and my acne has cleared up and is now smooth no hard huge pimples or zits anymore. I also threw away my mac makeup and bought oil free based make up and stopped eating chocolate per my dermatologist and my skin has been great. Oh the first 2 weeks my acne was worse then it ever was then I used clindaymcin but after that my skin was clear just an FYI. Also my dermatologist told me to buy the differin gel to clear up my dark marks so we shall see how that works."

Latrese (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "It burnt my skin immediately. My skin becomes red instead of making acne go away. Awful!"

AboutToPuke July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Hi, I started developing acne when I move to USA, I do not know why but I could blame the food, environment, the hypothyoidism or an irritation after bleaching my hair or those brushes that a girl used on me that were dirty. Honeslty, I don't know. It has been a month already since I started with Clyndamicin 1% lotion day and night or sometimes in the middle of the day if I come back home early and I will be there for the rest of the day. I clean my face and do Clyndamicin. I have not gotten the same amount of acne that I used to, I still get some. My skin seems to be clearing up and I am getting less, so it is working. However, I still have 2 months to see. I am positive that will work but not sure what happens when I get off."

Adriana Orozco June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have struggled with acne since high school and it has always been a huge insecurity of mine. I have tried many of medications, both topical and oral, and none have ever worked. I am currently using clindamycin phosphate gel, and it was prescribed to use with epiduo gel. However, retinoids like epi-duo are wayyyy too harsh for my skin and the side effects are too present for the benefits of the medication to mean something to me. I stopped using the epiduo after 2 days. I have been using the clindamycin ever since 2x a day and have noticed a significant improvement in my skin! I still have acne, but significantly less, and the clindamycin seemed a lot kinder on my skin. Would recommend!"

sophduf (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "So. I had been treating as a yeast infection for well over a year when my gyno appt. Revealed otherwise. So far day 3 of 7. Only a small amount of itching. Few cramps and slight burning today. But all minor. I tried metrogel last year and that is what did not work for me. Gave me horrible pain and a raging yeast infection the next day. But it says that these creams give you a yeast infection. It is an antibiotic. I always get them just looking at antibiotics. So if things change for the worse I'll update. Otherwise I expect a good outcome."

Thissuckshard May 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I was prescribed the topical ointment Clindatech by my GP after three years trying different medications for my adult cystic acne. It has now been two weeks and the improvement is incredible, I no longer struggle with huge cysts that last for weeks and the smaller spots I had are about 80% gone. I haven't had skin this clear in 10 years. I use the applicator as often as I think to when not wearing makeup and twice a day when I do. A thing to note is that since using this drug I have completely stopped squeezing cysts and blackheads, so that the drug was given a fair go. The only thing I'm not completely satisfied with it the fact that Clindatech doesn't stop small pimples from forming (due to hormones), but it does kill them within days."

MELPY May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I start to have a lot of small acnes again after I was off from Benzamycin for around half year. I was then prescribed Doxycyclin, Clindamycin and Retinol at the end of February. Hearing that Doxycyclin might cause side effects, I decided to not take it. While starting Retinol and Clindamycin, I was peeling, burning and breaking out like crazy. I wore a mask for a whole week when I went to work because I couldn't put make up on and it looked terrible. After two weeks of pain, I finally gave up Retinol and only used Clindamycin. In two weeks, my acnes starts clearing up. Now, it has been a month and my skin is 95% cleared. I really like this medication because it's not dry at all. (Maybe because my skin is used to it already)Give a try!"

NNicoleeeee April 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "So I'm a 26 year old woman who's struggled with acne and hyperpigmentation for over ten years. I absolutely love this medicine. I started using it almost a week ago and my acne is almost completely gone, all of the inflammation is gone, and my skin tone is finally looking like a normal color again. I'm using this with a tea tree and vitamin e lotion to prevent drying as well. Seriously, this stuff has been amazing for me. Good luck!"

Anikki614 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "It is kind of insane how well and how quickly Clindamycin worked on my acne. I typically have very clear skin, but while on another medication, had an acne breakout as a side effect. It was pretty bad. In a couple days of using this, it cleared. I don't need it or use it daily. However, I have gotten prescriptions filled anytime I feel like my skin is being oversensitive or a small l pimple shows up and I am showing signs of a break out and this medication works every time."

SaraChristina April 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This got rid of my BV for almost a year. I strongly recommend it to anyone who's suffering from BV that keeps coming back even after pills and other gels"

Free2011 March 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "As I started college my skin broke out like no other, cystic type and absolutely embarrassing. I was too embarrassed to go out just because my skin was so bad. I always take care of my skin and have a very clean so I had no idea why this was happening. I tried retinol and it cleared my skin up some but it wasn't worth the pain and price. My skin felt like it had chemical burns all the time and was red. After being prescribed Clindamycin, my face cleared up in a day. I have no idea how this is possible but I've only been using it for the days and my skin feels so soft and acne free. Can't rave about this enough!!!! ~I have never written a review for anything before but this product deserved it"

caryan March 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Within 1 and a half months my skin was looking SO MUCH clearer. I went from having little bumps and small cysts all over my cheeks to mostly smooth skin with a few bumps and scars. I rated this 8/10 because I still have some reoccurring bumps, as this product mostly just got rid of my open acne versus preventing more from happening."

Brit89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Hey all - I felt as though it was my duty as a woman to review this medication for the rest of you ladies out there. I was diagnosed with general bacterial vaginosis & was TERRIFIED to use this.. considering the awful reviews I read through - I was prescribed the 7 day cream, as well as a general amoxicillin... I am only on 2 day but I have not experienced ANY side effects at all.. I also heard negative things about leakage - but I have not experienced this.. except for when I first woke up and went to the bathroom - which I expected. A quick shower did the trick and I am now sitting at work on my 8th hour with no discomfort or problems!"

FeelingGood! (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Have had BV on and off for three years now. Extremely frustrating. The flagyl/metro pill caused me extreme vaginal discomfort. In comparison the cream is much more comfortable but it has side effects. I have pelvic aches, the first night I inserted a full dose but due to the aching I took a night off and inserted a half dose. Symptoms better, BV discharge is gone but I plan on Inserting a half dose every other night until I run out. Be sure to load up on probiotics or a yeast infection will be inevitable."

Sassypantsjane February 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I needed to find a way to review the clindamycin gel because oh my god I am finally free of acne and I feel like I need to tell the whole world. For 9 years I struggled with anything from blackheads to horrible cystic acne. I have very oily skin and my pores get clogged so much. Trust me when I tell you, I have tried EVERYTHING!! I am literally like a walking encycolpedia on skin. I can't believe all it took was this gel. Why couldn't someone have told me that this was all I needed?!!?? How did I go so long without knowing about this? 1 week after using this and I do not have any acne on my face. It's all gone. I can't stop looking in the mirror and touching my face and crying. Try this gel!! It might change your life like it did for me!"

Lilyashlyn February 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have had moderate adult acne for many years, and over the counter never touched it. Besides the regimen was always annoying and time consuming. I started this about 2 weeks ago after asking my PCP for something to help my acne, as I am getting married in May. I have seen a huge improvement in 2 weeks. My skin tone has also improved. I am very thankful for this medication and I use it twice a day. It keeps pimples from becoming large and irritating."

Bstarr9417 February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Best med for bacteria inbalance in the Vijay jay. It stopped the terrible smell I was getting from my ph-imbalance just that it gave me diarrhea, stomach cramps n metallic taste in the mouth but who cares about those when u have a clean Vijay jay? Also I stopped having pimples while on the meds I don't know if it will come back after I stop but hey I love this med it works great"

Gigi786443688999o87666 January 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This med. was prescribed to me 3months ago for vaginal "Ecoli" I did not have any symptoms at all of b.v. or "Ecoli" until I used it! I have had a extreme issues! A Shingles out break the days after using it, burning, itching, swelling, oral and vaginal yeast infection. My immune system has been severely low and I can not seem to get better. This med. Ruined my life! I went to the doc. feeling normal, but after using clindesse I feel like I have Aids! I was tested last year and I was negative, so now 3months later and my body is all messed up. Worse med. I have ever taken!"

Anonymous January 19, 2017