User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Clindamycin.

Acne 55 reviews 536 medications

7.6
Bacterial Vaginitis 26 reviews 30 medications

Summary of Clindamycin reviews 81 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Clindamycin

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This got rid of my BV for almost a year. I strongly recommend it to anyone who's suffering from BV that keeps coming back even after pills and other gels"

Free2011 March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "As I started college my skin broke out like no other, cystic type and absolutely embarrassing. I was too embarrassed to go out just because my skin was so bad. I always take care of my skin and have a very clean so I had no idea why this was happening. I tried retinol and it cleared my skin up some but it wasn't worth the pain and price. My skin felt like it had chemical burns all the time and was red. After being prescribed Clindamycin, my face cleared up in a day. I have no idea how this is possible but I've only been using it for the days and my skin feels so soft and acne free. Can't rave about this enough!!!! ~I have never written a review for anything before but this product deserved it"

caryan March 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Within 1 and a half months my skin was looking SO MUCH clearer. I went from having little bumps and small cysts all over my cheeks to mostly smooth skin with a few bumps and scars. I rated this 8/10 because I still have some reoccurring bumps, as this product mostly just got rid of my open acne versus preventing more from happening."

Brit89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Hey all - I felt as though it was my duty as a woman to review this medication for the rest of you ladies out there. I was diagnosed with general bacterial vaginosis & was TERRIFIED to use this.. considering the awful reviews I read through - I was prescribed the 7 day cream, as well as a general amoxicillin... I am only on 2 day but I have not experienced ANY side effects at all.. I also heard negative things about leakage - but I have not experienced this.. except for when I first woke up and went to the bathroom - which I expected. A quick shower did the trick and I am now sitting at work on my 8th hour with no discomfort or problems!"

FeelingGood! (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Have had BV on and off for three years now. Extremely frustrating. The flagyl/metro pill caused me extreme vaginal discomfort. In comparison the cream is much more comfortable but it has side effects. I have pelvic aches, the first night I inserted a full dose but due to the aching I took a night off and inserted a half dose. Symptoms better, BV discharge is gone but I plan on Inserting a half dose every other night until I run out. Be sure to load up on probiotics or a yeast infection will be inevitable."

Sassypantsjane February 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I needed to find a way to review the clindamycin gel because oh my god I am finally free of acne and I feel like I need to tell the whole world. For 9 years I struggled with anything from blackheads to horrible cystic acne. I have very oily skin and my pores get clogged so much. Trust me when I tell you, I have tried EVERYTHING!! I am literally like a walking encycolpedia on skin. I can't believe all it took was this gel. Why couldn't someone have told me that this was all I needed?!!?? How did I go so long without knowing about this? 1 week after using this and I do not have any acne on my face. It's all gone. I can't stop looking in the mirror and touching my face and crying. Try this gel!! It might change your life like it did for me!"

Lilyashlyn February 10, 2017

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have had moderate adult acne for many years, and over the counter never touched it. Besides the regimen was always annoying and time consuming. I started this about 2 weeks ago after asking my PCP for something to help my acne, as I am getting married in May. I have seen a huge improvement in 2 weeks. My skin tone has also improved. I am very thankful for this medication and I use it twice a day. It keeps pimples from becoming large and irritating."

Bstarr9417 February 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Best med for bacteria inbalance in the Vijay jay. It stopped the terrible smell I was getting from my ph-imbalance just that it gave me diarrhea, stomach cramps n metallic taste in the mouth but who cares about those when u have a clean Vijay jay? Also I stopped having pimples while on the meds I don't know if it will come back after I stop but hey I love this med it works great"

Gigi786443688999o87666 January 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This med. was prescribed to me 3months ago for vaginal "Ecoli" I did not have any symptoms at all of b.v. or "Ecoli" until I used it! I have had a extreme issues! A Shingles out break the days after using it, burning, itching, swelling, oral and vaginal yeast infection. My immune system has been severely low and I can not seem to get better. This med. Ruined my life! I went to the doc. feeling normal, but after using clindesse I feel like I have Aids! I was tested last year and I was negative, so now 3months later and my body is all messed up. Worse med. I have ever taken!"

Anonymous January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Having suffered from adult acne my whole life I have finally found something that works, in fact it has changed my life. I used to suffer from pimples and blackheads, that was made worse by hormones but persisted my whole cycle, and took a long time to heal if I picked them. I use clindatech before bed, with a layer of 5% benzac on top and then coconut oil! My skin hasn't been this good since I was on the pill. Now I'm not taking any harmful medication and my confidence has been restored. Try it!! I hardly get any pimples now, and if I do they are totally gone in a couple of days."

hallyhally (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I used to have lots of pimples all over my forehead and temples when I was 10 and kinda went on till I was about 12 or 13 that my skin cleared up. Later on a few months after I turned 20 I started to get bumps on my forehead again, not really pimples just bumps (occasionally 1 or 2 pimples) after a few months with this problem I went to my doctor and she prescribed me clindamycin. ITS AMAZING! Just the first night many of my bumps were gone! I'm on my 4th day now and my skin is clearing up pretty good, the only down side is the dryness it leaves you with. With a good moisturizer that problem it's fixed."

Lee96 December 13, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor prescribed me this medication to treat my BV. I was experiencing some odor and very little discharge. He prescribed me the 3 days dose and was surprised that it only came with one syringe. Day one of insertion was horrible, the syringe is not quite handy as the pill would get stuck in the syringe. After finally inserting the dose I had felt as if burning acid had been inserted into my vagina. It was horrible, the burning did not stop until 10 min later which felt like an eternity. Second night of insertion there was still burning sensation but somewhat bearable compared to the first night. Third night was back to the burning acid feeling but so bad that I almost wanted to head in to the hospital. I do not recommend this med!"

Vag on fire (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "My dermatologist prescribed this to me a week ago(clindamycin medacin T gel).She told me to use it for 2weeks and go for follow up if it doesn't work. I have numerous acne and small bumps on my chin and forehead.Since day 1 my acnes are coming out and breaking out more but the thing is after 3 days they immediately dried up.Im on my 6th day now and having problem with my forehead because the small bumps are looking bad they become bigger even in my cheeks.Anyways, it hadn't been a week since I started using it so might as well continue with this gel and wait to take its effect."

Daffodilbae December 3, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been using this for two days, and I've been itching and burning. I was prescribed because I thought I might have had a yeast infection bUT the dr. Said it was bacterial. My only symptom was a little discharge bUT now I'm worse off than I was."

NowIrritated October 24, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I LOVE THIS STUFF! I'm not a person with horrible acne but I started to break out more and that was annoying so my doctor prescribed me this and seriously over night my face was 10x better! Now I'm on day 6 and I only have two zits and my face looks really good! I've had no irritation or redness, but I had a little dry skin which was easily fixed with a more moisturizing lotion! Over all I give this product a 10/10 it's so amazing!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have had problems with acne off and on as a teenager, but after I had our children it got worse. I mean a LOT worse! It got so bad that I have not been in any family pictures or even gone in public for the last 4 years! I am 39 years old and finally got so sick of wasting money and time on everything you can imagine, even tried every old wives tales. Finally my Dr put me on this, benzol peroxide 5% and Retinal- A. Yes weeks 1-3 made it 30%worse but week 4 and beyond my skin looks amazing! I now love going into public and my confidence is through the roof, I would definitely recommend for everyone!"

TheTrueMamaB August 13, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Easy to use but gave me a horrendous yeast infection. Would rather have taken flagyl"

Not impressed July 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I would def recommend this product I don't always believe reviews . When reading the reviews I lost hope that it would work for me . I've had these symptoms for the last 5 years or more and nothing ever works it comes right back . I take pills smell comes right back . I took this insert on Sunday . Today is Tuesday absolutely no smell I know it's early but I've been at work all day no discharge so sweat no fishy odor I am so happy I hope this is the end to my Bv nightmare"

Blue 24 (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm on night 2 of 7. It has worked great so far and I even noticed significant improvement by this morning. It's a little messy, but definitely worth it! Highly recommend this product."

TP2016 July 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have suffered with severe acne on my face and back for years now. I can't recall when it first became a serious health issue that impeded on my personal, social, and sexual life; but a good guess would be that the severity increased around seventeen years old. I am now twenty-two. My acne is worst on upper back - extremely painful cystic lumps, as well as enormous whiteheads. I can't reach these to treat, and popping leaves unsightly scars; as well as being excruciatingly painful. The acne on my back has caused me many sleepless nights due to pain, swelling, and discomfort. I also have had acne on my face that causes a large amount of pressure, migraines, and whiteheads on my chin. Two weeks on this, and it's clearing up very well! NO s/a"

L0STF0XX (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I got my first case of BV and was prescribed Clindamycin cream for five nights. It did nothing to treat the infection. It caused me even worse pain, burning, and spread the infection so I contracted a UTI. On to Macrobid now for that. The cream is messy, stings, and dries everything out. I still tested positive for BV after the cream so was switched to oral Flagyl. Flagyl took the burning away within 12 hours. I should have gone with Flagyl the first time around."

Anne_H (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Im 13, and started using Clindamycin topical about a year and a month ago. My daily routine is using a cleanser to wash my face, apply the clindamycin topical in the morning and the moisturize. At night, its the same routine except a different topical. I am also taking an antibiotic twice a day every day. Last year, my acne WAS TERRIBLE. I was so insecure about it. The topicals and antibiotics helped, but very slowly. It's been over a year and my acne is still very bad. I have not missed one day of doing my routine morning and night, so I am growing impatient. I have done it for over a year and its so little improving my face. I also get chemcial peels every month to help the breakouts coming in. Terrible."

sadacneuser May 31, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have always had acne, especially around my mouth and forehead. Cystic, painful and ugly. I've tried medicines, facials, expensive face washes, not washing my face, EVERYTHING. When I became pregnant the problem became so much worse. It was so bad I actually had people comment on it. I asked my baby doctor what I could do and she prescribed this gel. The problem stayed the same for a few weeks. It gradually got better and better and now I haven't have a break out in weeks. My skin tone is actually improving too. I would recommend this to anyone. I will continue to use this after having the baby as well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Personally, I never really had bad acne just here and there kinda thing so when I had brought up it being embarrassing to my doctor she prescribed clindamycin to me and I swear to you it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I cleared up in a couple weeks and even my scarring was gone. only pitfall is the drying effect. Highly recommend."

Nicole sabler April 18, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had a very pungent odor and was diagnosed with BV. I was a little skeptical about clindesse because oral clindamycin and me do not agree. However, I inserted the clindesse before bed and the next day the odor was not existent. I haven't had any side effects so I'm a fan or this product. If you don't have insurance, it can be a bit pricey. So just go online and print or download the coupon card."

Laurannmill April 16, 2016