User Reviews for Clindamycin

Also known as: C/T/S, Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin T, Cleocin Vaginal, Clinda-Derm, Clindacin ETZ, Clindacin P, Clindacin PAC, Clindagel, Clindamax, ClindaReach Pledget, Clindesse, Clindets, Clindets Pledget, Evoclin, Pledgaclin …show all brand names

Acne
7.6

Bacterial Vaginitis

Perioral Dermatitis

1 review 121 medications
Summary of Clindamycin reviews 7.0 116 reviews

Reviews for Clindamycin

For Acne: "Used for 3 months as directed by my doctor. Initially I had a really bad rash but I persisted and my skin did become less sensitive to the product. It feels like is burning once applied but this feeling goes away in a few minutes. I had the clearest and smoothest skin ever when I was on it but this did not last and eventually went back to 'normal' and potentially got even worse after the 3 months. Although I never irritated or dried out my skin because I was on top of my moisturiser, I was also worried about the effects of the alcohol in the product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2018

For Acne: "Have used foam for 2 weeks. I see a little improvement."

Slugger (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve been trying to treat my hormonal acne since the beginning of 2017 which feels like 4 years now even though it’s only been 1. I took Spirolactone for my hormonal acne which did (listen when I tell you little) little amount to clear my face. It mostly kept my oil at bay. I decided to go back to my derm in 2018 and she prescribed doxy 125 mm a day. No easy drug by any means, and clindamyacin phosphate gel. I was reluctant at first because I had previously been to a diff derm with no luck (spiro) and felt defeated and broke. I’ve been on the antibiotics for a month now and I’d say in combo with the doxy my acne has cleared about 90 percent. I find this utterly groundbreaking since I genuinely believed this is something I’d ALWAYS deal with.They say it doesn’t work well for people who have oily skin but I disagree. Because of the alcohol in it, it helps keep my oil at bay. But it’s not drying like retin-a or panoxyl. Definitely worth visiting a doctor about that’s all I can say."

Aly Delaine June 11, 2018

For Acne: "When applied to the skin, caused an uncomfortable burning sensation to occur."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was asked to use the ovules for three days. Right after insertion (best done by finger) it burns a lot for the first 15-20 minutes then it calms down. I thought it was an allergic reaction but after reading these posts it seems like it’s a side effect. Symptoms seem to be getting better, but I’m also taking another oral antibiotic so I’m not sure which medicine is the effective one. If there is an alternative to this medicine, I would opt for that to avoid that awful burning sensation."

First time user (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Clindesse (clindamycin) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was experiencing a horrible BV. I would be embarrassed because I was having a bad odor and felt sweaty with discharge. I informed my gyn when I got my annual pap. He prescribed me Clindesse and gave me a coupon for it $75 off!!! I ended up paying $35 out of pocket. I got home that evening showered and inserted medication. I took it on Tuesday and today is Thursday and so far no discharge, no foul odor no sweat. So relieved. I was only wondering if the medication would come back out or have a nasty discharge like the other reviews I read. I would recommend this medication."

Annonymous May 24, 2018

For Acne: "My doctor prescribed clindamycin and another topical treatment for my acne. I put it on a cotton pad morning and night and put it on my face. Normally I have more dry skin but it didn’t dry me out. Within a couple days of using it I noticed a huge difference. Less acne was forming. I have used it for almost a year now and my skin is as clear as it’s ever been!"

SN (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 21, 2018

For Acne: "I had moderate to severe acne as a teenager (about 8 years ago) that cleared up by the time I was 18 after my derm put me on antibiotics and topical medications . I only got the occasional pimple but was nothing severe. Just this year, my acne returned, possibly due to a stressful period and/or vitamin b12 injections. It was mild to moderate. I went to my derm and she prescribed me doxycycline 100mg once a day just for 5 days and advised me to apply clindamycin phosphate gel 3 nights a week after washing my face. My acne stopped almost immediately after the first application (just a small mild initial breakout but nothing bad). After 2 weeks I stopped breaking out completely. My skin now feels amazing and I haven't had a breakout for more than a month! The gel is very easy to apply and sinks in immediately. It may take a few applications to get used to its feel and smell."

NG May 8, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis: "Been using the topical gel for a month and no improvement. In fact, the gel inflames my condition."

Cyndi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2018

For Acne: "My face burns an hurts all over sooo bad! Had to stop using it after 3 or 4 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

For Acne: "I've been using clindamycin phosphate 0.1 topical solution along with other topicals twice a day, and I've seen no change till now. My acne is getting worsen and becoming inflamed and leaving pathetic and horrible scars. Hoping for improvement in coming days, as I'm directed to use it for 9 weeks."

ANNA (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well I just tried this 3 day with ovule. BURNING SENSATION ALL THE WAY IT HURTS LIKE ANYTHING. Why would the dr not even tell me this"

Adri April 13, 2018

Clindets Pledget (clindamycin) for Acne: "In college I got bacne (back acne) out of nowhere and mildly on my face. I asked my Dr. for clindamycin 1% pledgets and found them very helpful as an addition to other acne products I was using. I wash my face and back with Obagi gentle cleanser, wait for it to dry completely, then applied Obagi 2.5% salicylic acid solution with a cotton wipe and wait for that to dry, then use the clindamycin 1% pledgets. This combination of clindamycin 1% and salicylic acid 2.5% quickly cleared much of my inflammatory acne and whiteheads up. It dried up the pimples. A week after starting this regimen, I added tazorac 0.1% every few nights, the other nights I applied Finacea (azelaic acid 15%) after clindamycin dried. About 3 weeks later I began Aczone (dapsone 7.5%)l. I also added in a moisturizer glycerin 20% the same time. With this entire combination, my bacne had decreased roughly 92% within less than 7 weeks. The inflammatory papules and whiteheads are significantly reduced, almost gone."

Mike April 11, 2018

For Acne: "best of any prescription or OTC acne product I've used. No irritation or drying (like retina or benzoyl peroxide cause). This doesn't seem to do much for whiteheads but works really well on/to prevent red inflamed acne. I think because acne is caused by pore blockage and bacteria aggravates it. This doesn't unclog the pore but keeps the bacteria from making it red and inflamed. Helped a lot before Accutane and is helping a lot now. The only thing that works better faster is Aczone . The best part of this is it is so cheap and surprisingly effective. Good for sensitive skin."

anxiouscharlie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This was by far the most horrendous experience I have encountered with any medication to date. I went to the ER for pain, fever, nausea, and diarrhea. They thought I had the flu. Since we are in the midst of a deadly flu season, and currently pregnant, I freaked out. My second thought was listeria. After several days terrified of food poisoning, and feeling on the brink of death, my provider mercifully took me off this. If my life depended on this drug to survive I would have to seriously debate whether to take it or not. Seek other options if available."

Don't take clindamycin (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2018

For Acne: "I had acne since middle school It was on my forehead, on the bridge of my nose, etc. As I got older, it was persistently on my cheeks to the right and left of my mouth. I had enough of it and finally visited doctor on demand, as I didn't want to go to a dermatologist. She prescribed clindamycin phosphate gel. She told me to use salicylic acid to wash my face before using it, but I ignored that due to my face drying up but still managing to get acne any chance it got. Anyways, this gel worked liked a dream. Not only will it prevent acne, but it will diminish it within a day or 2. For the record, I wash my face with just purified tap water then apply the gel before bed. It's wonderful."

ErinKnM January 11, 2018

For Acne: "I have been using this for about a year along with tretinoin cream. My acne is now 90% better with an occasional pimple. I’m so happy that I tried this."

bailey27070 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 30, 2017

For Acne: "For acne the 'pill' was the best thing I had ever used. It cleared it 100%, but the last 3 months I've been off the pill because I'm trying for a baby since being off it my face has broken out so bad, I went to the doctors and they prescribed me clindamycin and it has done nothing but made my skin 100 times worse then when I started it! I'm so angry..."

Notforme December 6, 2017

For Acne: "My dermatologist put me on the topical solution of clindamycin phosphate for acne in early June along with adapaline gel which I had been using for a few months before. After a couple of weeks the clindamycin made my skin completely clear it was amazing! Since then it has kept my skin pretty clear, but my one major complaint is that it had made my skin incredibly red and oily constantly. I have tried the get off of the solution because of how bad it became but the redness and oilyness now won't go away and getting off of the solution only made me break out as well. Besides that it's great, but beware of the side effects that may arise after a couple of months!"

Kaaamkk November 26, 2017

For Acne: "I'm a 31 year old mom of three, and had been experiencing the worst acne of my life for the past year. I've always had acne off and on since a teen, but the past year I had cystic acne along my chin line and under my jaw like nothing else. Painful. Embarrassing. My Doc prescribed this, in the liquid form that you pat on. I use it nightly every or every other night (along with a RX benzoyl peroxide cleanser first). One month down and acne cleared up almost immediately. I will continue using for maintenance of course. I'm sensitive to Retin A, this stuff though never leaves my skin dry or burned like Retin A did."

JoJo830 November 15, 2017

For Acne: "I was prescribed treclin 1% (clindamycin 10mg and tretinoin 0.25mg) nearly 2 months ago by my derm. I've stuggled with acne since I was 13 I'm now 19, I used epiduo for 2 years and that seemed to work but would make my skin really irritated, dry and pale I took this along side on and off lymecyclin oral antibiotics. My skin got worse when I became immune to the antibiotics and the irritation from the epiduo got worse, I needed something less harsh that was going to clear me up. Up to now treclin has made my skin worse than it's ever been I'm getting spots mainly along my jaw line and chin (I never have had spots there before) and they are making me really self conscious to the point I don't want to leave my house."

Ambarichards November 14, 2017

For Acne: "Genetically, I am cursed with acne. For years as a young teen I struggled with acne on my forehead and cheeks. I tried every potion and cleanser out there, to no avail. When I went for my physical, my doctor noticed how bad my acne was and prescribed clindamycin gel, and boy has it worked wonders. I have very sensitive skin, yet this did not seem to make things worse. I have occasional breakouts, but my skin looks absolutely fantastic after 5 months of use."

E.G (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2017

For Acne: "I used this item for about 2 years. It worked wonders and brought my breakouts to a minimum, and almost non existent with a consistent regimen (along with cetaphil facial cleanser, retin A cream at night, and a caudalie vinoperfect serum) Basically within the first 2 months of using it, it felt like my acne was getting worse but I think my skin was just purging and afterwards, I basically never had breakouts anymore."

M.N.da (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2017

For Acne: "I really got slammed with acne this summer, and my mom was starting to worry because my forehead was covered in pimples. When I went to the doctor for my physical this year, my mom told her about the acne. I have tried many facial cleansers and products to no lasting effects. My doctor said she could prescribe me a lotion to help, so I took her up on the offer. Within a week, my acne had already cleared up. I haven't been on the treatment long but I do it every day and have had no bad side affects. My skin is clearer than it has been for months!"

Person with acne (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

For Acne: "Hello, I am a 18 year old teenager. Yes, I know acne loves to pop up during the teenage age but I've had for more than 5 years. It was really hard for me to be confident when my face is covered in pimples. The only clear spot I have is my temples. After my doctor suggested Clindacin, I was shocked. It burned right when you applied it but that's only because your pores were open. I've been using this for about a week and I've seen major results. My acne has shrunk and some even disappeared! believe me or not but my confidence grows a step higher every time I see one pimple disappear. I still don't have a clear spotless face yet but that's because it's a month long process. I'm only one week into the treatment. I hope this helped! :)"

Acne Queen (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017