User Reviews for Tinidazole

Also known as: Fasigyn, Tindamax

Learn more about Tinidazole.

Amebiasis 2 reviews 29 medications

Giardiasis 3 reviews 13 medications

6.7
Summary of Tinidazole reviews 51 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Tinidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Metallic taste, yes. Fatigue, no. Hungry, no. Intestianal disturbance, no. Took 4 pills and once for two days. Drank a lot of water. Smell gone, discharge clear. I ate Fage yogurt end of day two. Everything will be okay!"

JeaneM (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Took 4 pills a day for 2 days. I am at about 13 hours from my last pill as I write this. Maybe I was extremely lucky, but I didn't have any negative side affects. No Metallic taste, no nausea, no headaches, etc. I also notice a positive dif "down there". I took one pill at a time - 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch, 1 with afternoon snack & 1 with dinner. Maybe that helps to reduce side affects rather than taking multiple at once? I drank a lot of water and did not have any Alcohol since starting them."

JJSal (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Giardiasis: "I'm immunocompromised so sometimes end up with random bowel infections. I've been on a 2g stat dose of tinidazole a few times now. For violent bouts of uncontrolled and explosive diarrhea caused by suspected protozoal infections this stuff works amazingly, and quickly. Bad parts are the fatigue and metallic taste in your mouth (similar to radiotherapy) and no alcohol for 72 hours lest you end up with nasty issues."

Albinus81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Got prescribed 2 pills daily for 5 days to treat BV that my doctor thought would not be treated by metronizole (spelling?) or basically any vaginal creams. It's been two days now and I'm only starting to feel better. Definitely not as bad as it was before but also not 100% there yet. I'm surprised by the comments about metallic taste and nausea. I have a very weak stomach and take antibiotics very poorly, except this one has really been a charm. I forget that I'm even on it throughout the day. I made sure to eat big breakfast and dinners before taking my doses. Slight headache that goes on and off throughout the day but really nothing compared to other antibiotics and their side effects. Have yet to experience the metallic taste."

mccat19 April 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I get bv every few months because I have the mirena. Iv'e used the metro pills and gel, they don't work. I took this ( 4 pills x2days). It made me feel so sleepy and dizzy when I woke up the next day, I had to call out of work! It made me that sick. So my doctor prescribed 2pills daily for 7 days. On my third day, haven't gotten any symptoms from the medicine yet. Hope this time it will clear it up finally for good..."

ashleyjay March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "IT WORKS! I took tindamax 2 day dosing, 4 pills on the first day, 4 pills the second day and yes it made me very sick. I was sleepy fatigue nausea headache, it was horrible, and that metal taste is totally disgusting it made everything taste nasty for 4 days, but medication started working immediately within hours after me taking the first dose. My advice to you is if you are prescribed this medication you may want to take time off of work just so that you can deal with your symptoms."

Sparkle75 March 16, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was initially diagnosed with a yeast infection, but after they looked at my results, they diagnosed me with BV. It's my first diagnosis. I'm all ready impatient because I was treating a "yeast infection " for a week. This is honestly fairly quick though. My symptoms subsided after two of the pills (2pills/day for 2 days). I didn't feel any side affects, but god are these things nasty. They immediately dissolve before you can swallow them. I'm not a big pill person. I ground them up and stirred them into grapefruit juice. The only way I could take them. Other than that, it works. "

AshJack (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "SO. I'm giving this drug a 10 star rating. I first took this drug a few yrs ago when I noticed some gross discharge and a equally gross odor down there. I had just finished my period. I work in a obgyn office so I asked one of the nurses and she just so happen to have a few samples of tindamax. I took 4 that day and 4 the next. Guys when I say this med is the truth I was cleared the second night no discharge no odor absolutely cured. So fast forward to now and it seems like the last 2 months I've been getting BV right after my period. I started flagyl but it seemed like the discharge was coming more... My clinical manager gave me some tindamx this morning and I've taking the first so I know it will start to clear up. No side effects love it"

Ga girl K (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been battling recurring Bacteria Vaginitis for over 2 years. I have tried everything even Lactobacilus Rhamnosus,Gr-1 and Lactobacillus Reuteri, RC -14 Which was proven to cure BV. It didn't work. BV is very annoying I decided to take Tinidazole. I was prescribed 500MG Tablets Take 4 tables by mouth today and 4 tables by mouth tomorrow. 8 pills. Today is the second day and I do not feel any burning. I pray that it is gone. The best relief in a very long time. I was scared to take it because of excessive uses could cause health problems. I tried Flagyl , Terconazole Vaginal Cream, Tea Tree Suppositories and Metronidazole Vaginal Gel and it did not heal me. I hope BV is forever gone. I hope someone finds a natural cure soon."

Health Freak (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "If you have recurring BV your mate should take the pills too, even though your Dr. will tell you he doesn't need it. But convince him to prescribe it to both of you. That's the only way it will stay away. I had BV for a year now. It would go away, and then come back. I finally got my fiance' on it, and it's gone for good. Men carry BV too, Dr's just don't know it."

Trock (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor gave me Tinidazole yesterday instructed me to take all 4 pills and would clear up in 24 to 48 hours so far it's just the metallic taste in my mouth and sleepy but symptoms seem to be subsiding."

Anonymous November 18, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Been battling BV for as long as I can remember and this is the only thing that works! Sure, you get a metallic taste in your mouth and feel a bit drained but if that is what I have to deal with so my BV doesn't come back then it's well worth it!"

MeaganSmith September 6, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "4 pills 2days each....bv gone but did get a yeast infection. Metal taste also"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started to take this after the metro gel and the pills werent working for me. My dr gave me 4 pills of the tinidazole to take twice a day. The first day was ok but the second, I felt very fatigue and sleepy. I decided to drink coffee and that actually made it worse (i started really getting nauseous). My symptoms cleared up the next day, thats why i think its still better then the other meds. Also you dont have to take it for a whole week."

Anonymous August 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medicine was literally death. I was prescribes 500mg take 4 tabs a day for two day's meaning I had 2,000mg in my system the first day and the second day I felt horrible. I hate the feeling it give everything taste nasty as hell."

Lilyoung August 12, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "It caused cramps..and a bad metallic taste which last for a day or so that's the only irritating part to me because everything i drink taste horrible!!"

candypop (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed tinidazole 4pills/2 a day, for a reoccurring BV. First day I had bad headaches, 2nd day same thing. It has cleared and no problems since. But the headaches are HORRIBLE!"

Blive27 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Giardiasis: "When first diagnosed went on metro for 10 days, 4x a day. Did not work. Then given a 1 day dose of Tinidazole, and had immediate relief. Use Tinidazole FIRST!"

51 yr old female April 25, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well I can say the taste the headaches the cramps the fast heart beat which caused my severe anxiety to go bananas is due to this med. day 5 now I feel like it's back. Ugh!!!! I don't get it. My muscles hurt too. It's making my pain from open surgery WORSE! Oh and a loose stool hour after taking it."

Miss JoJo April 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had BV since my daughter was born. 8 years. Metro both pills and gel would not cut it. Finally I'm on tindasole and I feel the pain from BV going away! My stomach cramps were unbarable! The next day I felt better! BUT I googled this "why do I taste metal" and I smell it too. This site popped up! So glad to hear it works! My teeth hurt too. No nausea tho..a few sharp pains. But, could be related to my hernia issues. Hope this helps! I am taking 2 pills daily for 7 days. I will report back when I go into ob for results."

Miss JoJo April 20, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: "Tinidazole worked within a few hours of taking it no side affects just a miracle cure. bearing in mind I have already taken 2g of metronidazole 2 weeks ago (no side affects with this either I think I must have the constitution of an ox) and the symptoms cleared a little after a week but returned. I reckon although this was more expensive it was worth it. Please don't be scared to take these meds. Don't read too much into reviews, I did and scared myself. Everyone will have different experiences. But I am just thankful we have these cures."

nelly39 April 14, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "If I could give this a negative star I would! WORST side effects ever! So sleepy don't want to do anything and can't keep anything down! I finished my two days of 4 pills and on the second day I started feeling very sick and now it's the day after and I can't keep anything down, extremely nauseous, thrown up 5 times! Please eat a LARGE meal before taking this!"

Marie1996 April 3, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used this medicine for the two day treatment two weeks ago and my symptoms are coming back. It worked but I think I need a few more days of it."

KelliAngel34 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Giardiasis: "I was (incorrectly) diagnosed with giardia and took Tindamax. I had a horrible reaction with nausea and diarrhea. This went on and I ended up hospitalized for days. The bad taste in your mouth lasts a LONG time after you take the medication. It takes a long time to clear your system as this is a long acting medication. The reaction I had sounds like what is supposed to happen if you drink alcohol while taking it. I am certain I did not drink alcohol, but I got this ill anyway. The real bummer is that after I took it I was told the lab made a mistake and I did not actually have giardia!!"

nicolaxoxo (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Within 10 minutes of taking the pills I could taste the metallic taste. It was not unbearable. BV was gone when I was done with the 2 day treatment. Make sure to take with a very large meal! I think this is what saved me from vomiting. I have a very sensitive stomach and only felt nauseous a couple times but it went away quickly. Only other side effect was that I was very fatigued."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015