User Reviews for Tinidazole

Also known as: Tindamax, Fasigyn

Tinidazole has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 85 ratings on Drugs.com. 68% of those users who reviewed Tinidazole reported a positive effect, while 9% reported a negative effect.

Bacterial Vaginitis   7.7
Trichomoniasis   8.6
Giardiasis   7.5
Amebiasis   8.0
Summary of Tinidazole reviews 7.8 85 reviews

Reviews for Tinidazole

V · Taken for less than 1 month January 17, 2021

For Trichomoniasis: “I was diagnosed with Trichomoniasis and my doctor prescribed me these 4 tinidazole pills at 500 mg. I just took them not too long ago my vagina was very irritated itchy, no smell but it was irritated. Now I'm going to wait the 7 to 10 days to see if everything will be back to normal and check up with my obgyn”

Mo January 12, 2021

For Trichomoniasis: “I took this med as a one time dose, 4 pills at once and I actually had 0 side effects the whole day. I ate a big meal with it. But I woke up this morning with a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and some nausea. But I have noticed the cloudy urine and odor has subsided. This is probably the only antibiotic that didn’t give me major side effects. Don’t let the reviews scare you!”

xoooo January 1, 2021

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I just got prescribed the tinidazole pill 4 of them for two days once a day. I took the pill and I have this horrible taste in my mouth. At first I thought my juice was expired so I brushed my teeth and everything and then drank water and it’s like water made the taste so much worst? So yeah I have a bitter metal taste in my mouth. I have a big fear of throwing up so hopefully I don’t. I mean I haven’t and it’s been 4 hours so I think I’m okay. This taste is just so gross.”

Kristyn77 June 15, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “This drug was amazing. No sides effects AT ALL. Only a very slight metallic taste in my mouth but it was brief and it only lasted a few minutes after consuming the pills. I consumed a couple of alcoholic beverages while on Tinizadole (at a wedding) and no side effects from that either. The reviews on here scared the life out of me but I have to say that this medication was an absolute joy to take. Oh, and it cleared up my BV so major score on that. Do not be afraid to take this medication, With any luck, you'll be side effect and symptom free also!”

Red · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I have been battling bacterial vaginitis (BV) for years, I have been on metro, clindamycin and a few others. I went to urgent care and they prescribed me 4 tinidazole pills 500mg to take for 3 days. I took the first 4 the same day and my odor was gone. With any antibiotic you take there will be side effects metallic taste or whatever. I strongly recommend Tinidazole. I wish my primary care dr would have gave me this instead of me going to Urgent care. So if your walking around with that embarrassing odor I suggest you head over to your nearest Urgent Care and ask for this antibiotic. As far as the cost with my insurance I only paid $5.00 at CVS”

KButkowski · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “This drug tinidazole was absolutely awful and I will never take it again. I had to take a dose of 4 pills at 500mg each for 2 days, the side effects I had was a headache, my fatigue was even worse, the most disgusting taste in my mouth and after my second dose woke up sweating, vomiting, and had diarrhea. It better had done the job of getting rid of the BV because this was the worst experience I have ever had with any drug. I'll give it a 2 because I think it did work but the side effects are NOT worth it.”

Person · Taken for less than 1 month October 4, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Don't let the reviews scare you. Everyone is different. I was afraid to take tinidazole because of the reviews but then I remembered people with negative experiences are more likely to write reviews. Just want to add balance. I was prescribed 4 pills a day for 2 days for BV. I took all 4 pills at once with dinner because its my largest meal of the day and I wanted my stomach to be well coated. I had no gastrointestinal side effects at all. No nausea, no vomiting and no diarrhea. Just took my second dose and my only side effects were headache and fatigue. Pretty annoying and disruptive but still able to do daily tasks.... Symptoms are going away so seems to be working. Give it a try just make sure you take with a large meal.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Like others I have had recurring BV for a year and had tried other drugs. I was prescribed 2 days of 4 pills then 4 days of 2 pills. It works - the odor was gone in a day and I’m on day 3. I’ve had a headache for three days, was extremely tired the first 24 hours, a strong metallic taste with any food or water and very thirsty all the time. I’m hoping this gets the BV for good!”

Lisaaaaaa November 24, 2014

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I have dealt with bacterial vaginitis for more than 4 years. This is the only medication that I've ever tried other than Flagyl. I like it better because I did not have the metallic taste in my mouth and the pills are coated so you can't taste them. I did not have any side effects whatsoever and all of my symptoms had ceased in 2 days but I finished the full 2 pills a day for 5 days treatment. I also took Diflucan along with the medication just in case it would've caused a yeast infection.”

Anonymous November 11, 2009

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: “I was diagnosed with Trichomoniasis in early September after having awful symptoms. I had a foul discharge, pain when urinating, pain during intercourse, slight bleeding during intercourse and didn't know what was wrong. Since this was my first time having this I was very scared. My doctor told me it is easily treated and it's a common STD so while I was still upset it did put my mind at ease a little. I took 4 pills of 500mg in one dose and abstained for a little over a week and it got rid of all the symptoms. I must admit it worked well and I had no side effects.”

Trock · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “If you have recurring BV your mate should take the pills too, even though your Dr. will tell you he doesn't need it. But convince him to prescribe it to both of you. That's the only way it will stay away. I had BV for a year now. It would go away, and then come back. I finally got my fiance' on it, and it's gone for good. Men carry BV too, Dr's just don't know it.”

SK · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I was asymptomatic for BV, it was only found on a pap, but I had to take the tinidazole drug for five days twice a day. I might’ve had itching although it could’ve been in my head but it went away. I didn’t have any side effects besides the metallic taste. I usually took it with meals but not always. However the metallic taste is awful and is only starting to go away nearly 24 hours after my last dose. Water is disgusting, and brushing your teeth only helps a little before it gets worse again.”

Health Freak · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I have been battling recurring Bacteria Vaginitis for over 2 years. I have tried everything even Lactobacilus Rhamnosus,Gr-1 and Lactobacillus Reuteri, RC -14 Which was proven to cure BV. It didn't work. BV is very annoying I decided to take Tinidazole. I was prescribed 500MG Tablets Take 4 tables by mouth today and 4 tables by mouth tomorrow. 8 pills. Today is the second day and I do not feel any burning. I pray that it is gone. The best relief in a very long time. I was scared to take it because of excessive uses could cause health problems. I tried Flagyl , Terconazole Vaginal Cream, Tea Tree Suppositories and Metronidazole Vaginal Gel and it did not heal me. I hope BV is forever gone. I hope someone finds a natural cure soon.”

JJSal · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Took 4 pills a day for 2 days. I am at about 13 hours from my last pill as I write this. Maybe I was extremely lucky, but I didn't have any negative side affects. No Metallic taste, no nausea, no headaches, etc. I also notice a positive dif "down there". I took one pill at a time - 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch, 1 with afternoon snack & 1 with dinner. Maybe that helps to reduce side affects rather than taking multiple at once? I drank a lot of water and did not have any Alcohol since starting them.”

Newbie · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “After taking Metro Gel and the infection returned my doctor prescribed Tinidazole. 2 pills for 5 days, not bad. Days 1, 2 and 3 were fine. Day 4, was already stressful enough and something happened. I started becoming very emotional and could not stop crying. Every time I had a negative thought I would cry, this went on for 4 days, it was awful, and no ladies I was not on my cycle I was off. It was so bad I almost checked myself in somewhere. I didn't realize it was the medication until I was in the store and started to feel dizzy, then it hit me cause Flagyl made me feel this way, dizzy not over emotional. Long story short yes it works but everyone has different side effects and I've never experienced anything like that before. I read where someone else's anxiety symptoms were made worse while on this medication, which let me know I'm not alone. I'm definitely reporting this to the FDA.”

JeaneM · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Metallic taste, yes. Fatigue, no. Hungry, no. Intestianal disturbance, no. Took 4 pills and once for two days. Drank a lot of water. Smell gone, discharge clear. I ate Fage yogurt end of day two. Everything will be okay!”

Anonymous March 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Girls, i know your searching all over online for the best antibiotic for BV or maybe others didn't work. Maybe you tried all the remedies like I did. I'm only on day 2 of Tinidazole, but its already giving the best results. Other antibiotics gave me a yeast infection by now, and never worked. I've had BV for almost a year and I think this is clearing it for good. Please beg your doctor for this antibiotic.”

MeaganSmith September 6, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Been battling BV for as long as I can remember and this is the only thing that works! Sure, you get a metallic taste in your mouth and feel a bit drained but if that is what I have to deal with so my BV doesn't come back then it's well worth it!”

moonboots August 5, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I'm the type of person to read reviews and overthink and worry about mediciatons so I had to leave a review about this. I was soooooo scared to try this I had the worst anxiety and come to find out, I had little to none side effects. I took the pills every 4 hours instead of all four at the same time. Every time I took it I had food before so I think that's what helped me not have side effects. I just knew I was going to get side effects because I has HORRIBLE side effects from Metrodidazole. Only side effects was a little light headness/tiredness and the weird taste in my mouth. They were very mild.”

nelly39 April 14, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: “Tinidazole worked within a few hours of taking it no side affects just a miracle cure. bearing in mind I have already taken 2g of metronidazole 2 weeks ago (no side affects with this either I think I must have the constitution of an ox) and the symptoms cleared a little after a week but returned. I reckon although this was more expensive it was worth it. Please don't be scared to take these meds. Don't read too much into reviews, I did and scared myself. Everyone will have different experiences. But I am just thankful we have these cures.”

BVnoMore · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 2, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Tinidazole is much better than Metronidazole - it leaves no clumpy discharge like Metronidazole gel does, and if you use the pill it only takes 2 days rather than 10 with Metronidazole. Yes, it leaves me feeling nauseous, but left with a choice between the 2, I'd choose Tinidazole every time. I actually liked the loss of appetite because I am trying to loose weight. Additionally, if you suffer from recurrent bacterial vaginitis, the birth control Nuvaring is what my GYNO is having me try. Apparently it can get rid of Bacterial Vaginitis for recurrent BV sufferers. So far, so good!”

Sparkle75 March 16, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “IT WORKS! I took tindamax 2 day dosing, 4 pills on the first day, 4 pills the second day and yes it made me very sick. I was sleepy fatigue nausea headache, it was horrible, and that metal taste is totally disgusting it made everything taste nasty for 4 days, but medication started working immediately within hours after me taking the first dose. My advice to you is if you are prescribed this medication you may want to take time off of work just so that you can deal with your symptoms.”

Anonymous November 18, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “My doctor gave me Tinidazole yesterday instructed me to take all 4 pills and would clear up in 24 to 48 hours so far it's just the metallic taste in my mouth and sleepy but symptoms seem to be subsiding.”

Anonymous February 23, 2011

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I was treated with 4 pills once per day for 2 days. I was nervous about the side effects but they were very mild. The only side effects I noticed was a slight discoloration of my urine and a mild metallic taste in my mouth. I always was pretty tired all day. It wasn't anything keeping me from my day to day, but I found it easy to over sleep. All in all, it cleared up the vaginosis quickly. Also, be careful because this medicine may give you a yeast infection, but nothing a little prevention can't handle (I used cranberry pills, ate yogurt daily and increased my water intake).”

Miss JoJo April 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I have had BV since my daughter was born. 8 years. Metro both pills and gel would not cut it. Finally I'm on tindasole and I feel the pain from BV going away! My stomach cramps were unbarable! The next day I felt better! BUT I googled this "why do I taste metal" and I smell it too. This site popped up! So glad to hear it works! My teeth hurt too. No nausea tho..a few sharp pains. But, could be related to my hernia issues. Hope this helps! I am taking 2 pills daily for 7 days. I will report back when I go into ob for results.”

Cynt July 19, 2011

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I've only had to deal with a mild metallic taste for the two days of treatment. It seems to leave the first day after treatment. Tindamax works quickly to get rid of the bacterial vaginitis, which I deal with on a more than regular basis to the point that I can now diagnose myself -- I just call the doctor and he calls in the prescription. I like that I only need to take it for two days and then I'm done and the bacterial vaginitis is gone...once again.”

Rose · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I have been having bacterial vaginitis for more than 8 years. In the first year, I walked into a pharmacy, saw the drug-Tinidazole and just bought about 5 packs of 2g-4tablets each. I took 4 tablets for 3 days without prescription. I'm a registered nurse, within that 3 days. I felt relieved, but because of the serious metallic taste, I reduced it to 2 tablets 2 times daily. That is how the infection resurfaced for more than 8 years. I have tried several drugs they did not work, there was no odor, but I felt irritation, sometimes. In the last seven days, I decided to risk taking it again without prescription, I have just taken for the 7th day, 4tablets. I hope to take High Vaginal Swab after this, though, the side effects are terrible, metallic taste, severe headache, sometimes nausea, rapid pulse. I just hope I can complete 10days before giving up. Less I forget, in Nigeria, it is one of the cheapest antibiotics.”

Cancun · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Am a little late on my prognosis, by the next day the BV and smell was gone! Happy to say I didn't get nausea,or vomiting or diarrhea I did however get the metallic taste. I didn't feel weak or fatigued nothing all. It's great I like it better then the metrogel I hate using vaginal creams and this was great! Good yall”