User Reviews for Tinidazole systemic

Giardiasis
6.7

Summary of Tinidazole reviews 7.7 67 reviews

Reviews for Tinidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had my appointment on Monday at 4pm. Was diagnosed with BV and was prescribed 500mg pills to take twice a day for 5 days. I took one that evening. On Tuesday evening (after 2 pills) I had a headache and metallic taste. I took the 3rd pill that night. This morning I woke up with heartburn and still a headache. Now I'm on pill 4 and my vagina is itchy and I'm sleepy. I'm going to take a zyrtec."

Cc (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I went in for a check up and got diagnosed with a yeast infection even though I knew I didn’t have one. I took the pill anyway. Shortly after that visit, I started showing signs of bv and my NP called this prescription in. I had to double check with the pharmacist that my insurance was on file because it was over $40 for 8 pills! After taking the pills, I kept getting this weird metallic taste exactly 30 minutes after taking the pills. I finally figured out it was this meds! Everything tasted horrible - water was the worst! I had to come here to read reviews on side effects to ensure I wasn’t losing my mind. But so far, it seems to be working."

Abby (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I will be so glad when I wake up tomorrow and don’t have to take another pill. I have the worst heartburn and bad metallic taste in my mouth. I can’t drink enough water. I’m tired and have a bad headache. But 4 pills a day for two days was quick. I spread them out and took one every 4 hours. I feel better down there and hopefully the BV is gone. I’ve heard with Mirena BV is common but I’ve changed some of my cleaning habits as my doctor said over cleaning can be a cause as well. Hoping for no yeast infection. I have been eating a lot of Greek yogurt while taking these pills. Very expensive antibiotic even with insurance!"

Jejee (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my doctor did a Pap smear on me saying that I had a bacterial infection so she prescribed me with tinidazole and she told me to take 4 pills first day and take 4 pills next day so I did and I was feeling something was wrong my baby wasn't moving that much. Then the next day I started throwing a lot I was wondering how can I stop throwing up"

Nikki (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "My husband cheated on me and I got this awful smell went to the Dr and almost fainted when I found out I had Trich and bacterial vaginitis but I took these pills. I am allergic to flagyl and so I was scared because I’m allergic to most antibiotics but the pharmacist told me to eat and then 30 min before I take the four pills to take a Benadryl so I did that. Now I no longer have a smell and left my husband and so they told me to wait a month go get rechecked I will probably go back before then. I was so ashamed of myself like I’ve never had a smell and I was so ashamed of that but I don’t smell now so just waiting for this time to get rechecked. Needless to say I was tired and had a little upset stomach probably because I didn’t eat enough but I’m feeling better and back to my old self. This seems to be a lot better than the clindamycin gel that stuff took the smell away but in three days it was back I was like oh no. This medicine I heard works - we will see."

It doesn’t matter (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "After taking Metro Gel and the infection returned my doctor prescribed Tinidazole. 2 pills for 5 days, not bad. Days 1, 2 and 3 were fine. Day 4, was already stressful enough and something happened. I started becoming very emotional and could not stop crying. Every time I had a negative thought I would cry, this went on for 4 days, it was awful, and no ladies I was not on my cycle I was off. It was so bad I almost checked myself in somewhere. I didn't realize it was the medication until I was in the store and started to feel dizzy, then it hit me cause Flagyl made me feel this way, dizzy not over emotional. Long story short yes it works but everyone has different side effects and I've never experienced anything like that before. I read where someone else's anxiety symptoms were made worse while on this medication, which let me know I'm not alone. I'm definitely reporting this to the FDA."

Newbie (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was so nervous about taking this medication because of the possible side effects and because it was such a large dose (2g/4pills taken at once per day for 2 days) but it was totally fine and I had barely any side effects! My symptoms started going away on the second day and were completely gone by the next. I made sure to eat a heavy meal (spaghetti and bread followed by a cup of almond milk) before taking the 4 pills both nights. I never felt nauseous, but I did feel very sleepy within 2 hours...slept for almost 12hrs both nights and didn't want to get out of bed for work the next day. Once I started the day I felt fine all day almost forgot I was on them. Had a slight metallic taste in my mouth the next morning but used lifesaver candies to cover it up. I avoided all lotions and makeup products that had traces of alcohol to make sure I didn't have any chance of a reaction. I liked that it was only 2 days of taking antibiotics rather than a week to 10 days."

clt7832 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I have BV and Trich and kept this stuff in my pantry for almost a year (3 weeks before it expired) cause I was terrified of the reviews on this stuff. I felt fine, ate fine, the only problem was the awful taste in my mouth and trying to drink anything with this taste was awful. It wasn’t so bad if I ate a bite of something the chugged some water, but it’s safe to say I didn’t get in as much water as I should have. I realize the dosage for BV is double what I took. I took 1 gram at 11am and then the next 1 gram at 6 pm. I took the pills on Saturday and it’s now Monday and the taste in my mouth is gone, smell below is gone, still having some discharge but ITS CLEAR. Don’t be afraid of this medicine. I’m aware that everyone is different but I made sure to take this on a FULL stomach with a couple swings of milk to coat the stomach better."

JkF (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Girls, i know your searching all over online for the best antibiotic for BV or maybe others didn't work. Maybe you tried all the remedies like I did. I'm only on day 2 of Tinidazole, but its already giving the best results. Other antibiotics gave me a yeast infection by now, and never worked. I've had BV for almost a year and I think this is clearing it for good. Please beg your doctor for this antibiotic."

Anonymous March 11, 2018

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "This is the only prescription that works for my recurring BV. Other than a mild metallic taste no other problems. Drink plenty of water!"

Bertti February 1, 2018

For Trichomoniasis: "I was prescribed two 500mg pills to get rid of trich. I went to the doctor at 1:30 & left about 3. Maybe an hour or 2 later I had horrible diarrhea! My cycle came on a couple days later & now the scent is back with a discharge. Did the diarrhea have an effect on the pill?"

Bugg2 October 4, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Very fast acting and effective. I've only taken the first dose and my symptoms have pretty much disappeared. Definitely have a weird bitter metallic taste, but no other side effects. That said, I'm a moderately heavy drinker but I definitely will abstain from drinking, as is instructed. Also, make sure to take with food, it may prevent the other, more severe side effects."

tnetennba September 6, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I'm the type of person to read reviews and overthink and worry about mediciatons so I had to leave a review about this. I was soooooo scared to try this I had the worst anxiety and come to find out, I had little to none side effects. I took the pills every 4 hours instead of all four at the same time. Every time I took it I had food before so I think that's what helped me not have side effects. I just knew I was going to get side effects because I has HORRIBLE side effects from Metrodidazole. Only side effects was a little light headness/tiredness and the weird taste in my mouth. They were very mild."

moonboots August 5, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Am a little late on my prognosis, by the next day the BV and smell was gone! Happy to say I didn't get nausea,or vomiting or diarrhea I did however get the metallic taste. I didn't feel weak or fatigued nothing all. It's great I like it better then the metrogel I hate using vaginal creams and this was great! Good yall"

Cancun (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well today is Wednesday I just took 4 pills my 1st day. So I think I got BV because of damp swimsuits while vacationing in Cancun we did snorkeling, swimming at the pool, and cave swimming 4 days in a row I practically lived in swimsuits.. Anyways on top of this I also ate something and I've had vomiting stomach cramps and diarrhea. This pill takes care of it all together. As am typing this I can taste the metallic taste but it's not too bad. I just wouldn't handle more puking or diarrhea I'll let y'all know in 3 days"

Cancun June 28, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medicine makes me feel like garbage. I Am prescribed 8 pills for 2 days. I took one last night felt like crap for hours. Took another one this morning was bad for the first hour then mild. Now time to take another and I don't want to... This is my second round and they made me feel worse last time... By day 3 I had to quit. That would be why I'm on it again.... I'm trying to do it right this time because I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO SUFFER through the medicine a 3rd time! Makes me feel dehydrated. Headachy, metallic taste, nauseated, rapid heart beat and gassy. But, it does clear up infection....."

Memyselfandi2 June 2, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Metallic taste, yes. Fatigue, no. Hungry, no. Intestianal disturbance, no. Took 4 pills and once for two days. Drank a lot of water. Smell gone, discharge clear. I ate Fage yogurt end of day two. Everything will be okay!"

JeaneM (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Took 4 pills a day for 2 days. I am at about 13 hours from my last pill as I write this. Maybe I was extremely lucky, but I didn't have any negative side affects. No Metallic taste, no nausea, no headaches, etc. I also notice a positive dif "down there". I took one pill at a time - 1 with breakfast, 1 with lunch, 1 with afternoon snack & 1 with dinner. Maybe that helps to reduce side affects rather than taking multiple at once? I drank a lot of water and did not have any Alcohol since starting them."

JJSal (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

For Giardiasis: "I'm immunocompromised so sometimes end up with random bowel infections. I've been on a 2g stat dose of tinidazole a few times now. For violent bouts of uncontrolled and explosive diarrhea caused by suspected protozoal infections this stuff works amazingly, and quickly. Bad parts are the fatigue and metallic taste in your mouth (similar to radiotherapy) and no alcohol for 72 hours lest you end up with nasty issues."

Albinus81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Got prescribed 2 pills daily for 5 days to treat BV that my doctor thought would not be treated by metronizole (spelling?) or basically any vaginal creams. It's been two days now and I'm only starting to feel better. Definitely not as bad as it was before but also not 100% there yet. I'm surprised by the comments about metallic taste and nausea. I have a very weak stomach and take antibiotics very poorly, except this one has really been a charm. I forget that I'm even on it throughout the day. I made sure to eat big breakfast and dinners before taking my doses. Slight headache that goes on and off throughout the day but really nothing compared to other antibiotics and their side effects. Have yet to experience the metallic taste."

mccat19 April 18, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I get bv every few months because I have the mirena. Iv'e used the metro pills and gel, they don't work. I took this ( 4 pills x2days). It made me feel so sleepy and dizzy when I woke up the next day, I had to call out of work! It made me that sick. So my doctor prescribed 2pills daily for 7 days. On my third day, haven't gotten any symptoms from the medicine yet. Hope this time it will clear it up finally for good..."

ashleyjay March 22, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "IT WORKS! I took tindamax 2 day dosing, 4 pills on the first day, 4 pills the second day and yes it made me very sick. I was sleepy fatigue nausea headache, it was horrible, and that metal taste is totally disgusting it made everything taste nasty for 4 days, but medication started working immediately within hours after me taking the first dose. My advice to you is if you are prescribed this medication you may want to take time off of work just so that you can deal with your symptoms."

Sparkle75 March 16, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was initially diagnosed with a yeast infection, but after they looked at my results, they diagnosed me with BV. It's my first diagnosis. I'm all ready impatient because I was treating a "yeast infection " for a week. This is honestly fairly quick though. My symptoms subsided after two of the pills (2pills/day for 2 days). I didn't feel any side affects, but god are these things nasty. They immediately dissolve before you can swallow them. I'm not a big pill person. I ground them up and stirred them into grapefruit juice. The only way I could take them. Other than that, it works. "

AshJack (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "SO. I'm giving this drug a 10 star rating. I first took this drug a few yrs ago when I noticed some gross discharge and a equally gross odor down there. I had just finished my period. I work in a obgyn office so I asked one of the nurses and she just so happen to have a few samples of tindamax. I took 4 that day and 4 the next. Guys when I say this med is the truth I was cleared the second night no discharge no odor absolutely cured. So fast forward to now and it seems like the last 2 months I've been getting BV right after my period. I started flagyl but it seemed like the discharge was coming more... My clinical manager gave me some tindamx this morning and I've taking the first so I know it will start to clear up. No side effects love it"

Ga girl K (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been battling recurring Bacteria Vaginitis for over 2 years. I have tried everything even Lactobacilus Rhamnosus,Gr-1 and Lactobacillus Reuteri, RC -14 Which was proven to cure BV. It didn't work. BV is very annoying I decided to take Tinidazole. I was prescribed 500MG Tablets Take 4 tables by mouth today and 4 tables by mouth tomorrow. 8 pills. Today is the second day and I do not feel any burning. I pray that it is gone. The best relief in a very long time. I was scared to take it because of excessive uses could cause health problems. I tried Flagyl , Terconazole Vaginal Cream, Tea Tree Suppositories and Metronidazole Vaginal Gel and it did not heal me. I hope BV is forever gone. I hope someone finds a natural cure soon."

Health Freak (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016