User Reviews for Tinidazole

Also known as: Fasigyn, Tindamax

Learn more about Tinidazole.

Amebiasis 2 reviews 28 medications

Giardiasis 2 reviews 13 medications

5.5
Summary of Tinidazole reviews 38 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Tinidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started to take this after the metro gel and the pills werent working for me. My dr gave me 4 pills of the tinidazole to take twice a day. The first day was ok but the second, I felt very fatigue and sleepy. I decided to drink coffee and that actually made it worse (i started really getting nauseous). My symptoms cleared up the next day, thats why i think its still better then the other meds. Also you dont have to take it for a whole week."

Anonymous August 19, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medicine was literally death. I was prescribes 500mg take 4 tabs a day for two day's meaning I had 2,000mg in my system the first day and the second day I felt horrible. I hate the feeling it give everything taste nasty as hell."

Lilyoung August 12, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "It caused cramps..and a bad metallic taste which last for a day or so that's the only irritating part to me because everything i drink taste horrible!!"

candypop (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed tinidazole 4pills/2 a day, for a reoccurring BV. First day I had bad headaches, 2nd day same thing. It has cleared and no problems since. But the headaches are HORRIBLE!"

Blive27 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

For Giardiasis: "When first diagnosed went on metro for 10 days, 4x a day. Did not work. Then given a 1 day dose of Tinidazole, and had immediate relief. Use Tinidazole FIRST!"

51 yr old female April 25, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well I can say the taste the headaches the cramps the fast heart beat which caused my severe anxiety to go bananas is due to this med. day 5 now I feel like it's back. Ugh!!!! I don't get it. My muscles hurt too. It's making my pain from open surgery WORSE! Oh and a loose stool hour after taking it."

Miss JoJo April 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had BV since my daughter was born. 8 years. Metro both pills and gel would not cut it. Finally I'm on tindasole and I feel the pain from BV going away! My stomach cramps were unbarable! The next day I felt better! BUT I googled this "why do I taste metal" and I smell it too. This site popped up! So glad to hear it works! My teeth hurt too. No nausea tho..a few sharp pains. But, could be related to my hernia issues. Hope this helps! I am taking 2 pills daily for 7 days. I will report back when I go into ob for results."

Miss JoJo April 20, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: "Tinidazole worked within a few hours of taking it no side affects just a miracle cure. bearing in mind I have already taken 2g of metronidazole 2 weeks ago (no side affects with this either I think I must have the constitution of an ox) and the symptoms cleared a little after a week but returned. I reckon although this was more expensive it was worth it. Please don't be scared to take these meds. Don't read too much into reviews, I did and scared myself. Everyone will have different experiences. But I am just thankful we have these cures."

nelly39 April 14, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "If I could give this a negative star I would! WORST side effects ever! So sleepy don't want to do anything and can't keep anything down! I finished my two days of 4 pills and on the second day I started feeling very sick and now it's the day after and I can't keep anything down, extremely nauseous, thrown up 5 times! Please eat a LARGE meal before taking this!"

Marie1996 April 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used this medicine for the two day treatment two weeks ago and my symptoms are coming back. It worked but I think I need a few more days of it."

KelliAngel34 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Giardiasis: "I was (incorrectly) diagnosed with giardia and took Tindamax. I had a horrible reaction with nausea and diarrhea. This went on and I ended up hospitalized for days. The bad taste in your mouth lasts a LONG time after you take the medication. It takes a long time to clear your system as this is a long acting medication. The reaction I had sounds like what is supposed to happen if you drink alcohol while taking it. I am certain I did not drink alcohol, but I got this ill anyway. The real bummer is that after I took it I was told the lab made a mistake and I did not actually have giardia!!"

nicolaxoxo (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Within 10 minutes of taking the pills I could taste the metallic taste. It was not unbearable. BV was gone when I was done with the 2 day treatment. Make sure to take with a very large meal! I think this is what saved me from vomiting. I have a very sensitive stomach and only felt nauseous a couple times but it went away quickly. Only other side effect was that I was very fatigued."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I took this medication for a parasite called blastocystis hominis. I have a metal taste in my mouth and feel nausea and anxiety. Also my pelvis hurts and I feel my chest feels tight at times."

ash2468 June 29, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This drug was amazing. No sides effects AT ALL. Only a very slight metallic taste in my mouth but it was brief and it only lasted a few minutes after consuming the pills. I consumed a couple of alcoholic beverages while on Tinizadole (at a wedding) and no side effects from that either. The reviews on here scared the life out of me but I have to say that this medication was an absolute joy to take. Oh, and it cleared up my BV so major score on that. Do not be afraid to take this medication, With any luck, you'll be side effect and symptom free also!"

Kristyn77 June 15, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I am on it now day 2 and the symptoms are subsiding... No side effects so far."

Bv sufferer April 7, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Badly allergic by this medicine. I got face swelling and I suffer 7 days by this condition, my mouth and my gums all are swelled, even I am not able to brush or eat any thing. "

nish tha March 29, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Tinidazole is much better than Metronidazole - it leaves no clumpy discharge like Metronidazole gel does, and if you use the pill it only takes 2 days rather than 10 with Metronidazole. Yes, it leaves me feeling nauseous, but left with a choice between the 2, I'd choose Tinidazole every time. I actually liked the loss of appetite because I am trying to loose weight. Additionally, if you suffer from recurrent bacterial vaginitis, the birth control Nuvaring is what my GYNO is having me try. Apparently it can get rid of Bacterial Vaginitis for recurrent BV sufferers. So far, so good!"

BVnoMore (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have dealt with bacterial vaginitis for more than 4 years. This is the only medication that I've ever tried other than Flagyl. I like it better because I did not have the metallic taste in my mouth and the pills are coated so you can't taste them. I did not have any side effects whatsoever and all of my symptoms had ceased in 2 days but I finished the full 2 pills a day for 5 days treatment. I also took Diflucan along with the medication just in case it would've caused a yeast infection."

Lisaaaaaa November 24, 2014

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been on 500 mg twice a day for two days. I'm supposed to take it for three more days. SEVERE side effects. I have extreme weakness, numbness in my left hand/arm, body aches, now severe pelvic pain, which I'm hoping is just a Yeast Infection, nausea, food tastes weird, I can only drink water with lemon because it makes the water taste metallic, severe fatigue. My doctor has been trying everything for Bacterial Vaginitis on and off for the past year, and especially the past 6 months. I know this will work (as Flagyl did in the past), I'm just hoping the side effects go away."

Sad Panda7 August 31, 2014

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor suspected bacterial vaginitis so she gave me samples to use for two days. Did give me the bitter taste in my mouth and on the 3rd day I was very tired and weak. I also had sharp stomach pain on the 2nd day for a few hours but possibly unrelated. Today is the 4th day and it seems to have helped."

amyfed (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I had bacterial vaginitis for about six months, the four pills for two days where great. I made me a little sick the first day and you do have a metallic taste in your mouth. This medicine works quick."

Bellafide (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2014

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Battled bacterial vaginitis for years before I found out about Tindamax. It worked wonders my first round of it 4 pills 2 days. I got it again a year later and this time ...side effects kicked in big time. My fingers were sore, severe muscle aches, red inflamed spots on my chest, fever and headaches. It lasted 1 whole day but the bacterial vaginitis was gone and haven't had it since but it gave me a yeast infection."

Chi chi c December 18, 2013

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This is so far, so good. I would give this a ten, but the side effects brings it down to a 8. I started taking the two day treatment and I still have this horrible metallic taste in my mouth. It causes me to lose an appetite because everything I eat taste horrible. I also had an headache and nausea. I have been suffering from BV for almost a year now, and this medication has cleared it up really fast. So I have no major complaints. I will come back in a month and give an update"

keeeeeech (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2013

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: "I was diagnosed with trichomoniasis and where it came from I'm unsure of. I took the 4 white pills as soon as I got them. I didn't experience any major side effects other than feeling flushed (body temperature was rising) and dehydration. I knew the increase in body temp was an indication the medication was at work. I have not yet had a follow up with obgyn but as soon as I do (couple days from now) I will repost my personal results and will be able to better rate this drug. As for my partner who also took Tindamax, said he felt extremely itchy all over his body and very nauseous and complained of a chemical odor whenever he would urinate. He has yet to go get a follow up with his doctor as well."

25yearsoldwhitefemale (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2013

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "My insurance covered some but good thing Tindamax gives a discount card for prescription. I have suffered with bacterial vaginitis off and on for 4 years. Finally got a prescription for Tindamax and it was the only thing that cleared it up for a few weeks. When my period came the bacterial vaginitis came back! On round 2 of Tindamax now. Hopefully it gets rid of it for good. 4 pills 2 days. I get a really nasty metallic taste and nausea but the few weeks I was without bacterial vaginitis it was definitely worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2012