User Reviews for Tinidazole

Also known as: Fasigyn, Tindamax

Learn more about Tinidazole.

Amebiasis 2 reviews 29 medications

Giardiasis 2 reviews 13 medications

5.5
Summary of Tinidazole reviews 45 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Tinidazole

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was initially diagnosed with a yeast infection, but after they looked at my results, they diagnosed me with BV. It's my first diagnosis. I'm all ready impatient because I was treating a "yeast infection " for a week. This is honestly fairly quick though. My symptoms subsided after two of the pills (2pills/day for 2 days). I didn't feel any side affects, but god are these things nasty. They immediately dissolve before you can swallow them. I'm not a big pill person. I ground them up and stirred them into grapefruit juice. The only way I could take them. Other than that, it works. "

AshJack (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "SO. I'm giving this drug a 10 star rating. I first took this drug a few yrs ago when I noticed some gross discharge and a equally gross odor down there. I had just finished my period. I work in a obgyn office so I asked one of the nurses and she just so happen to have a few samples of tindamax. I took 4 that day and 4 the next. Guys when I say this med is the truth I was cleared the second night no discharge no odor absolutely cured. So fast forward to now and it seems like the last 2 months I've been getting BV right after my period. I started flagyl but it seemed like the discharge was coming more... My clinical manager gave me some tindamx this morning and I've taking the first so I know it will start to clear up. No side effects love it"

Ga girl K (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been battling recurring Bacteria Vaginitis for over 2 years. I have tried everything even Lactobacilus Rhamnosus,Gr-1 and Lactobacillus Reuteri, RC -14 Which was proven to cure BV. It didn't work. BV is very annoying I decided to take Tinidazole. I was prescribed 500MG Tablets Take 4 tables by mouth today and 4 tables by mouth tomorrow. 8 pills. Today is the second day and I do not feel any burning. I pray that it is gone. The best relief in a very long time. I was scared to take it because of excessive uses could cause health problems. I tried Flagyl , Terconazole Vaginal Cream, Tea Tree Suppositories and Metronidazole Vaginal Gel and it did not heal me. I hope BV is forever gone. I hope someone finds a natural cure soon."

Health Freak (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "If you have recurring BV your mate should take the pills too, even though your Dr. will tell you he doesn't need it. But convince him to prescribe it to both of you. That's the only way it will stay away. I had BV for a year now. It would go away, and then come back. I finally got my fiance' on it, and it's gone for good. Men carry BV too, Dr's just don't know it."

Trock (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor gave me Tinidazole yesterday instructed me to take all 4 pills and would clear up in 24 to 48 hours so far it's just the metallic taste in my mouth and sleepy but symptoms seem to be subsiding."

Anonymous November 18, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Been battling BV for as long as I can remember and this is the only thing that works! Sure, you get a metallic taste in your mouth and feel a bit drained but if that is what I have to deal with so my BV doesn't come back then it's well worth it!"

MeaganSmith September 6, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "4 pills 2days each....bv gone but did get a yeast infection. Metal taste also"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started to take this after the metro gel and the pills werent working for me. My dr gave me 4 pills of the tinidazole to take twice a day. The first day was ok but the second, I felt very fatigue and sleepy. I decided to drink coffee and that actually made it worse (i started really getting nauseous). My symptoms cleared up the next day, thats why i think its still better then the other meds. Also you dont have to take it for a whole week."

Anonymous August 19, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This medicine was literally death. I was prescribes 500mg take 4 tabs a day for two day's meaning I had 2,000mg in my system the first day and the second day I felt horrible. I hate the feeling it give everything taste nasty as hell."

Lilyoung August 12, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "It caused cramps..and a bad metallic taste which last for a day or so that's the only irritating part to me because everything i drink taste horrible!!"

candypop (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed tinidazole 4pills/2 a day, for a reoccurring BV. First day I had bad headaches, 2nd day same thing. It has cleared and no problems since. But the headaches are HORRIBLE!"

Blive27 (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2016

For Giardiasis: "When first diagnosed went on metro for 10 days, 4x a day. Did not work. Then given a 1 day dose of Tinidazole, and had immediate relief. Use Tinidazole FIRST!"

51 yr old female April 25, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Well I can say the taste the headaches the cramps the fast heart beat which caused my severe anxiety to go bananas is due to this med. day 5 now I feel like it's back. Ugh!!!! I don't get it. My muscles hurt too. It's making my pain from open surgery WORSE! Oh and a loose stool hour after taking it."

Miss JoJo April 21, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have had BV since my daughter was born. 8 years. Metro both pills and gel would not cut it. Finally I'm on tindasole and I feel the pain from BV going away! My stomach cramps were unbarable! The next day I felt better! BUT I googled this "why do I taste metal" and I smell it too. This site popped up! So glad to hear it works! My teeth hurt too. No nausea tho..a few sharp pains. But, could be related to my hernia issues. Hope this helps! I am taking 2 pills daily for 7 days. I will report back when I go into ob for results."

Miss JoJo April 20, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Trichomoniasis: "Tinidazole worked within a few hours of taking it no side affects just a miracle cure. bearing in mind I have already taken 2g of metronidazole 2 weeks ago (no side affects with this either I think I must have the constitution of an ox) and the symptoms cleared a little after a week but returned. I reckon although this was more expensive it was worth it. Please don't be scared to take these meds. Don't read too much into reviews, I did and scared myself. Everyone will have different experiences. But I am just thankful we have these cures."

nelly39 April 14, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "If I could give this a negative star I would! WORST side effects ever! So sleepy don't want to do anything and can't keep anything down! I finished my two days of 4 pills and on the second day I started feeling very sick and now it's the day after and I can't keep anything down, extremely nauseous, thrown up 5 times! Please eat a LARGE meal before taking this!"

Marie1996 April 3, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used this medicine for the two day treatment two weeks ago and my symptoms are coming back. It worked but I think I need a few more days of it."

KelliAngel34 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Giardiasis: "I was (incorrectly) diagnosed with giardia and took Tindamax. I had a horrible reaction with nausea and diarrhea. This went on and I ended up hospitalized for days. The bad taste in your mouth lasts a LONG time after you take the medication. It takes a long time to clear your system as this is a long acting medication. The reaction I had sounds like what is supposed to happen if you drink alcohol while taking it. I am certain I did not drink alcohol, but I got this ill anyway. The real bummer is that after I took it I was told the lab made a mistake and I did not actually have giardia!!"

nicolaxoxo (taken for less than 1 month) January 1, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Within 10 minutes of taking the pills I could taste the metallic taste. It was not unbearable. BV was gone when I was done with the 2 day treatment. Make sure to take with a very large meal! I think this is what saved me from vomiting. I have a very sensitive stomach and only felt nauseous a couple times but it went away quickly. Only other side effect was that I was very fatigued."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I took this medication for a parasite called blastocystis hominis. I have a metal taste in my mouth and feel nausea and anxiety. Also my pelvis hurts and I feel my chest feels tight at times."

ash2468 June 29, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "This drug was amazing. No sides effects AT ALL. Only a very slight metallic taste in my mouth but it was brief and it only lasted a few minutes after consuming the pills. I consumed a couple of alcoholic beverages while on Tinizadole (at a wedding) and no side effects from that either. The reviews on here scared the life out of me but I have to say that this medication was an absolute joy to take. Oh, and it cleared up my BV so major score on that. Do not be afraid to take this medication, With any luck, you'll be side effect and symptom free also!"

Kristyn77 June 15, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I am on it now day 2 and the symptoms are subsiding... No side effects so far."

Bv sufferer April 7, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Badly allergic by this medicine. I got face swelling and I suffer 7 days by this condition, my mouth and my gums all are swelled, even I am not able to brush or eat any thing. "

nish tha March 29, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Tinidazole is much better than Metronidazole - it leaves no clumpy discharge like Metronidazole gel does, and if you use the pill it only takes 2 days rather than 10 with Metronidazole. Yes, it leaves me feeling nauseous, but left with a choice between the 2, I'd choose Tinidazole every time. I actually liked the loss of appetite because I am trying to loose weight. Additionally, if you suffer from recurrent bacterial vaginitis, the birth control Nuvaring is what my GYNO is having me try. Apparently it can get rid of Bacterial Vaginitis for recurrent BV sufferers. So far, so good!"

BVnoMore (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

Tindamax (tinidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have dealt with bacterial vaginitis for more than 4 years. This is the only medication that I've ever tried other than Flagyl. I like it better because I did not have the metallic taste in my mouth and the pills are coated so you can't taste them. I did not have any side effects whatsoever and all of my symptoms had ceased in 2 days but I finished the full 2 pills a day for 5 days treatment. I also took Diflucan along with the medication just in case it would've caused a yeast infection."

Lisaaaaaa November 24, 2014