User Reviews for Albendazole

Also known as: Albenza

Learn more about Albendazole.

Ascariasis 1 reviews 12 medications

Cutaneous Larva Migrans 2 reviews 3 medications

Pinworm Infection, E...ius vermicularis 2 reviews 9 medications

8.7
Summary of Albendazole reviews 5 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Albendazole

For Cutaneous Larva Migrans: "I had a weird creeping "mosquito bite" that of course was no mosquito bite at all. The doctor knew exactly what it was, and she gave me a dose for 7 days. I know it is important to respect the dose, but I had read before a 5 day course is effective. The pills are very expensive (it would have cost me $30 US for 7 days) I decided to side with the studies showing 5 days as sufficient. It was for me. At day one, the itch decreased. By day three the itch stopped and the tracks lessened. The worst of the side effects was lazy-tiredness and light headache, as well as mild nausea. I think it "threw off" my digestion a little, but I have no more symptoms. Happy camper."

amazongirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2016

For Pinworm Infection, Enterobius vermicularis: "So far having given it to my son positive effects. He took 2 tabs, then 2 weeks later 2 tabs again. Extra sleepy and poor appetite have been only side effects noticed at this time. Continuing to monitor"

Baby boy 1 year old (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

Albenza (albendazole) for Pinworm Infection, Enterobius vermicularis: "My son, husband and I all took this and it certainly works! Yuck! We knew we had them, but we were even blowing them out of our noses, eeeuuu, so gross! Side effects have been all had a rash, 2 had/have headaches, 2 GI upset with diarrhea, & all 3 spent more time in the bathroom then we want to admit even here. Is it worth it? YES, yes it is, especially if you consider the thoroughly disgusting alternative."

wormed (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2015

For Cutaneous Larva Migrans: "treatment with zentel (albendazole) very effective with 27 parasites dug out of leg between ankle and knee.No side effects,B/p normal and diabeties type 2 not affected,took 3 pills then 2 weeks later a follow up dose of 3 more pills.No biopsy could get a diagnosis.Very happy with treatment as 7 different creams worked for 2 days each then itch all the time and no sleep."

HOCKLES (taken for 10 years or more) October 14, 2013

For Ascariasis: "Works fairly well when taken for 20+ days, and prescription is repeated at least a few times in close succession to reach all life cycles and those pockets which have poor circulation. According to the NIH coinfection is much more common than non-coinfection, perhaps this is the reason such a broadbased anthelmintic has so many success stories. Combined with praziquantel is best."

PNW Mom (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2013