User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated 1 reviews 16 medications

Bronchitis 1 reviews 287 medications

Lyme Disease, Neurologic 2 reviews 33 medications

Summary of Rocephin reviews 61 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Rocephin

For Gonococcal Infection, Disseminated "I have aniexty really bad and feared a bad side effect. After 3 days of worry I took the shot. Nothing happens just a pain in butt. It's fast. Just do it"

Mike918 February 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "My 11 yr old had 102 temp for 2 days, achy all over. Day 3 104. Went to clinic. Negative for flu and strep and white count normal. Advised to push fluids and treat fever. Day 4 temp 105. Went back to clinic. Urinary Analysis shows raging UTI and now she's really dehydrated. Had 2 options, shot of rocephin, push fluids and start oral antibiotics but if not better by morning she'd be admitted to hospital. Or just admit her right then. We went with the shot. Within an hour I saw vast improvements. Fever has not been above 100.5, pain is better, drinking better and even managed to eat a little bit and work on 4 days of homework! Would definitely recommend rocephin!"

RelievedMama January 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Had a severe UTI that didn't respond to Macrobid or Ceftin. My doctor ordered a shot of Rocephin, this is a miracle drug! The horrible pain I've had for over a week was gone in a few hours. I would definitely recommend this and would take it again even though the injection was a little painful!"

kwaggs January 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Because of chronic UTIs in my past, I had developed resistance to almost all antibiotics for treatment. Including Cipro, Bactrim, Amoxicillin and macrobid. Either they made me sick with flu like aches and pains or just did not cure infection. Rocephin shot was prescribed and done last time in doctor's office, felt better within hours. And have to say until tonight, it had been 8 months since my last UTI. That is definitely a record for me! Given the shot again today, hoping for same results..."

Apolk (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "my husband was given a shot of rocephine within seconds he was in anaphylactic shock. He was given benedryll to reverse the medication. He was rushed to the hospital his blood pressure shot thru the roof he nearly died. From the shot he suffers from serum sickness, high blood pressure, irreg heart beat, extreme sweating, restless leg sydrom,, headaches, loss of appetite, PTSD, extreme panick attacks, hyperactivity, insomnia, flushing, jitters all the time, fear, depression, chest pain, feeling of discomfort. Loss of dignity, my husband is a different person and this drug did this to him. It is a daily struggle every moments to keep positive and hope for a cure to fix his neurological damage this shot has caused"

worrying wife (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I have received numerous shots and it works like a miracle. Within a few hours you can feel the difference. I've been given this for numerous respiratory infections. The down fall, the injection is a little painful, but it is well worth it."

Ben89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "I'm a 16 year old girl. I have had mono in the past I recently was concerned about my right tonsil because it won't go down. I shortly after the doctor appointment got a cold or so I thought and it turned out I had walking pneumonia.. It happens fast! I had a shot of rocephin and my right buttock has never Been in such pain but within 24 hours my chest felt absolutely clear. And I have had a little cough since and some leg and butt pain otherwise I'm so grateful for this medicine! ❤️"

Breeeezy September 25, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I had a severe throat or some I sort of strep infection. Where i was so sick i hadn't eaten in two days (i DO NOT miss meals). , lethargic, sinus congestion, ear pain. Weekend so i went to urgent care they gave me shot of rocephin and a steroid. I didn't stay bc im never allergic to anything but i did pass out after leaving (it's a very strong dose of medicine) but i was fine, passed out before. Hours later im able to eat food and sleep! They put me on round of penicillin too. Great drug!"

TootieE6 August 27, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Have been in agony with uti after uti burning and sick and debilitated and no other antibiotics touched it. Had positive strep b culture. Finally feel relief after Rocefin injection. It also helped before quickly with sinus infection. Highly recommend. Antibiotics are awful with deadly side effects. Ciprofloxacin and Levaquin can kill you. Research those two on side effects."

gjubl August 23, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I've had a persistent UTI and been through 2 rounds of oral antibiotics and it kept coming back despite having had a culture done to determine what would be effective. Once the pain got bad enough that the pyridium was no longer effective, I called the doctor and begged for help while still waiting for the second culture results. They gave me a shot of Rocephin. By morning I felt 85% better. The second day, I still feel a twinge of symptom here and there, but feel soooo much better. The shot hurts, yes. But it's not THAT bad, and there is was lidocaine in my injection to help with that. Powerful stuff - so glad they gave it to me!"

QuietBloom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I expressed I felt strongly I had an infection on my kidney or bladder and after she decided to test my urine she came back and said i made her a liar and there was infection still present after completing the Cipro. I was given Rocephin via IV, fluids, and CScan. Diagnosed with UTI and the infection was on my bladder. Gave me Nitrofurantoin and I've been sick as heck- chills, nausea, you name it! Going back and requesting Rocephin shot!"

IWILLGETBETTER Part 2 July 24, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Rocephin is like a miracle I am always getting sick with ear infections, strep throat, and one shot is all it takes and with 2 to 4 hours I feel so much better."

Ear infection June 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated "My daughter was given this injection for Gonorrhea the injection was very painful it caused nausea, but she does feel a lot better no more dark color urine or smelly discharge it works"

PinkyFree June 22, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bronchitis "Allergic reaction , May 6, 2016. Itching, redness, 45 minutes into shot. Went back to Dr office, they gave me 2 shots an a pill. Sent me to ER for observation."

Jacqueline Coutch (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "42 year old female. 1 month ago I got went to urgent care for UTI. I was given Cipro. The burning never went away. I finished all the antibiotics and say by Gyn. Had another urine test along with a Pap. All were normal. This entire week I felt bad. Extremely tired, shakey, weak, irritable and of course the burning that never stopped. Went to urgent care tonight. I saw a young male physicians assistant. He suggested a rocephin shot. It hurt like heck but 3 hours after the shot, it's like I'm healed instantly. My whole body feels 100%better. I think the burning is finally gone. I hope I feel this great tomorrow. It's been one miserable month."

BityBom April 14, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Lyme Disease, Neurologic "After 4 weeks PICC line daily I needed Gallbladder removal. I was supposed to do 8 weeks treatment. I ended up stopping at 4. Never completed treatment. I never felt better I felt terrible everyday I was sick vomiting, headache, body aches, weak. But most of that is normal other than vomiting and gallbladder. It was also a little inconvenient. But no Lyme is great. I never feel good at all I'm in a wheelchair now I'm not well anymore I don't know that I'll be well until I get remission and lot of physical therapy between now and then."

Dying4aCure April 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Given one shot Rocephin (IM, dorsogluteal) for severe UTI. Shot a little painful, but experienced relief of abdominal discomfort within about 30 minutes. Some bruising, but definitely worth it for the quick relief."

CindyK2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "This shot is only given at a medical facility urgent clinic or hospital wait time after given is approximately 20 minutes to make sure there's no allergic reaction ... Within a few hours my cough was slowed down"

Dimpl3s44 April 2, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "I see a difference with 5 hours later but I have a kidney stone with gut wrenching pain and a uti Hoping tonight gets better"

Sibylann March 13, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Urinary Tract Infection "Had rocephin for bronchitis once and it worked great. (3 shots) This week I was ER and given this in IV for UTI . Felt much better. Sent home with Macrobid and got very ill. Will ask for rocephin next time!"

Tootiebelle February 26, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "My 13 month old son had been battling ear infections for 8 weeks. He was placed on an oral antibiotic and within a week of finishing them it would return. I looked up home remedies and tried them all. Hesitate to put him on another round due to my 5 year old having C.diff cause of taking too much antibiotics. (If you don't know what c.diff is look it up. Very common after multiple rounds of antibiotics. Extremely painful and ended up with ambulance ride and 5 days in the hospital) After no sleep and nothing working I returned to the doctors office and voiced my concern with antibiotics cause of my daughter. They had recommended a shot of Rocephin today and to return in 2 days for another 1. With 5 hours he's back to his normal self."

Now I can sleep (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "My daughter had Scarlet fever and the docs gave her 2 shots in two days and the rash went away on the third day then of course I get sick went to the Dr yesterday and got the same shot and started feeling better within hours nose cleared up ALOT pain in my throat almost disappeared this shot hurts but soon worth it. I get bronchitis about twice a year and always get these shots this drug is awsome"

kay1989 December 31, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "I have been so sick I had average of 104 temp. Couldn't breathe. I went to the dr. They ran tests and xrays turns out I had pneumonia. They fave me two shots a steroid and also this besides my butt feeling sore I feel so much better. I also was given antibiotics. But three hours after this shot I can breathe without mini painful short breathes."

TamaraBeth December 2, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Got the shot in my hip last night for an infection in the lymph nodes in my neck. I felt a little better, but it made me even more sore and sensitive in my shoulders and chest afterwards. Now it's been a full day and all the pain is back, the only thing that isn't is the dizziness. So far, no real difference."

Sckit (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Kidney Infections "An injection of Rocephin does hurt a little but it's reconstituted with Lidocaine to lessen the pain. If you are not faint at heart with shots and you don't have an allergen to the drug than it will work wonders for you."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2015