User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Urinary Tract Infection 14 reviews 184 medications

Bronchitis 1 reviews 285 medications

Lyme Disease, Neurologic 2 reviews 32 medications

Summary of Rocephin reviews 53 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Rocephin

For Urinary Tract Infection "Have been in agony with uti after uti burning and sick and debilitated and no other antibiotics touched it. Had positive strep b culture. Finally feel relief after Rocefin injection. It also helped before quickly with sinus infection. Highly recommend. Antibiotics are awful with deadly side effects. Ciprofloxacin and Levaquin can kill you. Research those two on side effects."

gjubl August 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I've had a persistent UTI and been through 2 rounds of oral antibiotics and it kept coming back despite having had a culture done to determine what would be effective. Once the pain got bad enough that the pyridium was no longer effective, I called the doctor and begged for help while still waiting for the second culture results. They gave me a shot of Rocephin. By morning I felt 85% better. The second day, I still feel a twinge of symptom here and there, but feel soooo much better. The shot hurts, yes. But it's not THAT bad, and there is was lidocaine in my injection to help with that. Powerful stuff - so glad they gave it to me!"

QuietBloom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I expressed I felt strongly I had an infection on my kidney or bladder and after she decided to test my urine she came back and said i made her a liar and there was infection still present after completing the Cipro. I was given Rocephin via IV, fluids, and CScan. Diagnosed with UTI and the infection was on my bladder. Gave me Nitrofurantoin and I've been sick as heck- chills, nausea, you name it! Going back and requesting Rocephin shot!"

IWILLGETBETTER Part 2 July 24, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Rocephin is like a miracle I am always getting sick with ear infections, strep throat, and one shot is all it takes and with 2 to 4 hours I feel so much better."

Ear infection June 23, 2016

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated "My daughter was given this injection for Gonorrhea the injection was very painful it caused nausea, but she does feel a lot better no more dark color urine or smelly discharge it works"

PinkyFree June 22, 2016

For Bronchitis "Allergic reaction , May 6, 2016. Itching, redness, 45 minutes into shot. Went back to Dr office, they gave me 2 shots an a pill. Sent me to ER for observation."

Jacqueline Coutch (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "42 year old female. 1 month ago I got went to urgent care for UTI. I was given Cipro. The burning never went away. I finished all the antibiotics and say by Gyn. Had another urine test along with a Pap. All were normal. This entire week I felt bad. Extremely tired, shakey, weak, irritable and of course the burning that never stopped. Went to urgent care tonight. I saw a young male physicians assistant. He suggested a rocephin shot. It hurt like heck but 3 hours after the shot, it's like I'm healed instantly. My whole body feels 100%better. I think the burning is finally gone. I hope I feel this great tomorrow. It's been one miserable month."

BityBom April 14, 2016

For Lyme Disease, Neurologic "After 4 weeks PICC line daily I needed Gallbladder removal. I was supposed to do 8 weeks treatment. I ended up stopping at 4. Never completed treatment. I never felt better I felt terrible everyday I was sick vomiting, headache, body aches, weak. But most of that is normal other than vomiting and gallbladder. It was also a little inconvenient. But no Lyme is great. I never feel good at all I'm in a wheelchair now I'm not well anymore I don't know that I'll be well until I get remission and lot of physical therapy between now and then."

Dying4aCure April 8, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Given one shot Rocephin (IM, dorsogluteal) for severe UTI. Shot a little painful, but experienced relief of abdominal discomfort within about 30 minutes. Some bruising, but definitely worth it for the quick relief."

CindyK2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

For Pneumonia "This shot is only given at a medical facility urgent clinic or hospital wait time after given is approximately 20 minutes to make sure there's no allergic reaction ... Within a few hours my cough was slowed down"

Dimpl3s44 April 2, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "I see a difference with 5 hours later but I have a kidney stone with gut wrenching pain and a uti Hoping tonight gets better"

Sibylann March 13, 2016

For Urinary Tract Infection "Had rocephin for bronchitis once and it worked great. (3 shots) This week I was ER and given this in IV for UTI . Felt much better. Sent home with Macrobid and got very ill. Will ask for rocephin next time!"

Tootiebelle February 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "My 13 month old son had been battling ear infections for 8 weeks. He was placed on an oral antibiotic and within a week of finishing them it would return. I looked up home remedies and tried them all. Hesitate to put him on another round due to my 5 year old having C.diff cause of taking too much antibiotics. (If you don't know what c.diff is look it up. Very common after multiple rounds of antibiotics. Extremely painful and ended up with ambulance ride and 5 days in the hospital) After no sleep and nothing working I returned to the doctors office and voiced my concern with antibiotics cause of my daughter. They had recommended a shot of Rocephin today and to return in 2 days for another 1. With 5 hours he's back to his normal self."

Now I can sleep (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "My daughter had Scarlet fever and the docs gave her 2 shots in two days and the rash went away on the third day then of course I get sick went to the Dr yesterday and got the same shot and started feeling better within hours nose cleared up ALOT pain in my throat almost disappeared this shot hurts but soon worth it. I get bronchitis about twice a year and always get these shots this drug is awsome"

kay1989 December 31, 2015

For Pneumonia "I have been so sick I had average of 104 temp. Couldn't breathe. I went to the dr. They ran tests and xrays turns out I had pneumonia. They fave me two shots a steroid and also this besides my butt feeling sore I feel so much better. I also was given antibiotics. But three hours after this shot I can breathe without mini painful short breathes."

TamaraBeth December 2, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Got the shot in my hip last night for an infection in the lymph nodes in my neck. I felt a little better, but it made me even more sore and sensitive in my shoulders and chest afterwards. Now it's been a full day and all the pain is back, the only thing that isn't is the dizziness. So far, no real difference."

Sckit (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

For Kidney Infections "An injection of Rocephin does hurt a little but it's reconstituted with Lidocaine to lessen the pain. If you are not faint at heart with shots and you don't have an allergen to the drug than it will work wonders for you."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "2 day on med & I can breathe again. Very happy."

Marybethmp (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I had a stent put it for an obstructed kidney stone and developed a UTI was completely miserable went to my local ED and was given Rocephin I felt better by the time I was discharged. Never had an antibiotic work that fast."

Vandelynn (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

For Joint Infection "Major gastrointestinal side effects including nausea and diarrhea"

PhilI nl (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "I've gotten uti's twice a year for over a decade. Azo doesn't even take a little of the pain away...mine are always terrible! Uti hit me hard yesterday and I went to the clinic I asked for this shot based on people on the Internet saying it helped so fast. It's true. The shot hurts but nothing is worse than the pain of the uti. I felt better within hours. It's usually a couple of days before I get to feeling better using antibiotic pills so I definitely recommend the shot!!"

being a woman isn't fun (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

For Urinary Tract Infection "10 weeks pregnant and found out I had a bladder infection/urinary tract infection. Doctor first prescribed Macro. Those were the worst 3 days ever. I could not stop throwing up. The smell of food made me nauseous. I was weak and did not move from the bed for 3 day which is not like me at all. I am a very active person. I called the on-call doctor on Sunday night and she told me to stop taking Macro and to come in tomorrow to get the Rocephin shot. I have to say just from one day of being off Macro I already feel better but not 100%. I took the Rocephin shot and started to feel better little by little after 3 hours. I expected for the shot to hurt a lot. However, it only burned a little for a short period of time."

Dibursian (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2014

For Gonococcal Infection, Uncomplicated "Worked so fast that before I left office I felt better"

Cleaning out (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2014

For Urinary Tract Infection "Thank God for this shot! Doc had me on cephalaxin which only made it worse and then macro if which made me deathly sick. I couldn't take it anymore since I was pregnant and already miserable! OB gave me this shot in right hip and I couldn't feel more better. Turns out I don't have any pregnancy symptoms it was the urinary tract infection making me feel so awful! I felt better an hour after the shot and have been actually able to eat more than 2 bites of food since! Worth the burn and soreness afterwords."

Preggo (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2014

For Pneumonia "Saved my life when I had a bacterial pneumonia."

nurse annie April 15, 2014