User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Rocephin Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 886 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Rocephin to treat Bacterial Infection

"Had 103+ fever on and off for three days. Went to ER, tests were done and IV Rocephin administered before results came back. Walked out of the hospital with no fever."

Mike Nichols (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just got the shot of rocephin in the doctors office today I had been on oral antibiotic for a brown recluse spider bit I can tell a difference after getting the shot today my finger looks much better. I haven't had this shot since I was a baby."

Anonymous June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been suffering from chronic sore throats for over a year and have had a horrible time with ups and downs of feeling well and then suddenly sick to the point where I had to miss work, like death. Doctors kept telling me "oh it's just a virus and will pass". It always came back. Finally my doctor tried a shot of Rocephin and it started to work within a couple HOURS. I still felt sick the next day and had to miss work and wound up in ER the following evening due to extreme migraine headache, high BP, nausea but I think it was from the doxycycline that was also given to me to take orally. Was a VERY rough night. But the next day I felt 100% better and I've been feeling so much healthier since. Like a miracle!"

Chronic sore throat sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"my husband was given a shot of rocephine within seconds he was in anaphylactic shock. He was given benedryll to reverse the medication. He was rushed to the hospital his blood pressure shot thru the roof he nearly died. From the shot he suffers from serum sickness, high blood pressure, irreg heart beat, extreme sweating, restless leg sydrom,, headaches, loss of appetite, PTSD, extreme panick attacks, hyperactivity, insomnia, flushing, jitters all the time, fear, depression, chest pain, feeling of discomfort. Loss of dignity, my husband is a different person and this drug did this to him. It is a daily struggle every moments to keep positive and hope for a cure to fix his neurological damage this shot has caused"

worrying wife (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have received numerous shots and it works like a miracle. Within a few hours you can feel the difference. I've been given this for numerous respiratory infections. The down fall, the injection is a little painful, but it is well worth it."

Ben89 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a severe throat or some I sort of strep infection. Where i was so sick i hadn't eaten in two days (i DO NOT miss meals). , lethargic, sinus congestion, ear pain. Weekend so i went to urgent care they gave me shot of rocephin and a steroid. I didn't stay bc im never allergic to anything but i did pass out after leaving (it's a very strong dose of medicine) but i was fine, passed out before. Hours later im able to eat food and sleep! They put me on round of penicillin too. Great drug!"

TootieE6 August 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've had a persistent UTI and been through 2 rounds of oral antibiotics and it kept coming back despite having had a culture done to determine what would be effective. Once the pain got bad enough that the pyridium was no longer effective, I called the doctor and begged for help while still waiting for the second culture results. They gave me a shot of Rocephin. By morning I felt 85% better. The second day, I still feel a twinge of symptom here and there, but feel soooo much better. The shot hurts, yes. But it's not THAT bad, and there is was lidocaine in my injection to help with that. Powerful stuff - so glad they gave it to me!"

QuietBloom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Rocephin is like a miracle I am always getting sick with ear infections, strep throat, and one shot is all it takes and with 2 to 4 hours I feel so much better."

Ear infection June 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My 13 month old son had been battling ear infections for 8 weeks. He was placed on an oral antibiotic and within a week of finishing them it would return. I looked up home remedies and tried them all. Hesitate to put him on another round due to my 5 year old having C.diff cause of taking too much antibiotics. (If you don't know what c.diff is look it up. Very common after multiple rounds of antibiotics. Extremely painful and ended up with ambulance ride and 5 days in the hospital) After no sleep and nothing working I returned to the doctors office and voiced my concern with antibiotics cause of my daughter. They had recommended a shot of Rocephin today and to return in 2 days for another 1. With 5 hours he's back to his normal self."

Now I can sleep (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My daughter had Scarlet fever and the docs gave her 2 shots in two days and the rash went away on the third day then of course I get sick went to the Dr yesterday and got the same shot and started feeling better within hours nose cleared up ALOT pain in my throat almost disappeared this shot hurts but soon worth it. I get bronchitis about twice a year and always get these shots this drug is awsome"

kay1989 December 31, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Got the shot in my hip last night for an infection in the lymph nodes in my neck. I felt a little better, but it made me even more sore and sensitive in my shoulders and chest afterwards. Now it's been a full day and all the pain is back, the only thing that isn't is the dizziness. So far, no real difference."

Sckit (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"2 day on med & I can breathe again. Very happy."

Marybethmp (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I get sick, within 24 hrs, it goes into infection. This is the only shot that is strong enough to help the infection. My immune system cannot fight for me anymore and win, I only wish the shot had cured this infection. I had one on Thursday and after the injection at the dr office, within 8 hrs, all of the symptoms went away but came back 3 days later so I have to go back again today."

Anonymous February 6, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was given Rocephin by i.v in ER. Within minutes I was having a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was in the hospital almost a week. Its a great medicine for other people in my family. For me ...sudden death. Be sure to remain at doctors office or ER for at least 30 mins after receiving this medicine... it could really make a difference if you are allergic."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Sore Throat Guy: About a week ago I had a sore throat. I begantaking two pills a day of Augmentin which had always worked well for me but not this time and I had taken about 7 days of it. Yesterday I returned to my family doctor because I began having a very bad ear ache. He decided to give me a shot of Rocephin. The nurse came in with the shot and she told me that it was going to hurt. I told her I wanted it in my left hip. She again told me it was going to hurt I told her. She said here we go and I saw when she inserted the needle and I told her I didn't even feel it she sorta laughed. Then she began injecting it and I've had shots before however she was right. IT HURT! Today my pain is 99.9% gone. So it worked great for me."

TBranch November 30, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Being given IV Rocephin 1 gram for severe injury to left ear as prophylaxis to prevent infection. After two days (two doses) I have not experienced any side effects at all, nor any signs of infection."

RSiiro November 13, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My son had an unexplained high fever (103.5) for almost 5 days. He was admitted to the hospital and was given iv Rocephin, and within 24 hrs the fever was gone and he was his old self again. We never quite knew what caused his fever, but whatever it was the Rocephin worked."

Anonymous September 7, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I received 1 gram in each hip once per week for 3 weeks to knock out an infection I had. It's been a month since my last injection. I think I can still feel the 6 lumps in my hips, but it knocked out the infection. "

Anonymous June 25, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Very good drug. Has worked very well for my daughter's ear infections."

shut up June 24, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My son had an infection and a virus at the same time. Had a fever of 104.02 at it's highest for over ten days. One shot of this and within one day he was almost completely his old self. It was painful to get the shot but the results were well worth it."

Anonymous April 30, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My child ran a fever for days from a throat infection. It got up to 105.6. He got a shot of Rocephin and was 90% better by the next day."

Anonymous December 16, 2008