User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Rocephin Rating Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 869 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Rocephin to treat Bacterial Infection

"I've had a persistent UTI and been through 2 rounds of oral antibiotics and it kept coming back despite having had a culture done to determine what would be effective. Once the pain got bad enough that the pyridium was no longer effective, I called the doctor and begged for help while still waiting for the second culture results. They gave me a shot of Rocephin. By morning I felt 85% better. The second day, I still feel a twinge of symptom here and there, but feel soooo much better. The shot hurts, yes. But it's not THAT bad, and there is was lidocaine in my injection to help with that. Powerful stuff - so glad they gave it to me!"

QuietBloom (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

"Rocephin is like a miracle I am always getting sick with ear infections, strep throat, and one shot is all it takes and with 2 to 4 hours I feel so much better."

Ear infection June 23, 2016

"My 13 month old son had been battling ear infections for 8 weeks. He was placed on an oral antibiotic and within a week of finishing them it would return. I looked up home remedies and tried them all. Hesitate to put him on another round due to my 5 year old having C.diff cause of taking too much antibiotics. (If you don't know what c.diff is look it up. Very common after multiple rounds of antibiotics. Extremely painful and ended up with ambulance ride and 5 days in the hospital) After no sleep and nothing working I returned to the doctors office and voiced my concern with antibiotics cause of my daughter. They had recommended a shot of Rocephin today and to return in 2 days for another 1. With 5 hours he's back to his normal self."

Now I can sleep (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2016

"My daughter had Scarlet fever and the docs gave her 2 shots in two days and the rash went away on the third day then of course I get sick went to the Dr yesterday and got the same shot and started feeling better within hours nose cleared up ALOT pain in my throat almost disappeared this shot hurts but soon worth it. I get bronchitis about twice a year and always get these shots this drug is awsome"

kay1989 December 31, 2015

"Got the shot in my hip last night for an infection in the lymph nodes in my neck. I felt a little better, but it made me even more sore and sensitive in my shoulders and chest afterwards. Now it's been a full day and all the pain is back, the only thing that isn't is the dizziness. So far, no real difference."

Sckit (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2015

"2 day on med & I can breathe again. Very happy."

Marybethmp (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

"When I get sick, within 24 hrs, it goes into infection. This is the only shot that is strong enough to help the infection. My immune system cannot fight for me anymore and win, I only wish the shot had cured this infection. I had one on Thursday and after the injection at the dr office, within 8 hrs, all of the symptoms went away but came back 3 days later so I have to go back again today."

Anonymous February 6, 2012

"I was given Rocephin by i.v in ER. Within minutes I was having a severe anaphylactic reaction. I was in the hospital almost a week. Its a great medicine for other people in my family. For me ...sudden death. Be sure to remain at doctors office or ER for at least 30 mins after receiving this medicine... it could really make a difference if you are allergic."

Anonymous February 2, 2012

"Sore Throat Guy: About a week ago I had a sore throat. I begantaking two pills a day of Augmentin which had always worked well for me but not this time and I had taken about 7 days of it. Yesterday I returned to my family doctor because I began having a very bad ear ache. He decided to give me a shot of Rocephin. The nurse came in with the shot and she told me that it was going to hurt. I told her I wanted it in my left hip. She again told me it was going to hurt I told her. She said here we go and I saw when she inserted the needle and I told her I didn't even feel it she sorta laughed. Then she began injecting it and I've had shots before however she was right. IT HURT! Today my pain is 99.9% gone. So it worked great for me."

TBranch November 30, 2010

"Being given IV Rocephin 1 gram for severe injury to left ear as prophylaxis to prevent infection. After two days (two doses) I have not experienced any side effects at all, nor any signs of infection."

RSiiro November 13, 2010

"My son had an unexplained high fever (103.5) for almost 5 days. He was admitted to the hospital and was given iv Rocephin, and within 24 hrs the fever was gone and he was his old self again. We never quite knew what caused his fever, but whatever it was the Rocephin worked."

Anonymous September 7, 2009

"I received 1 gram in each hip once per week for 3 weeks to knock out an infection I had. It's been a month since my last injection. I think I can still feel the 6 lumps in my hips, but it knocked out the infection. "

Anonymous June 25, 2009

"Very good drug. Has worked very well for my daughter's ear infections."

shut up June 24, 2009

"My son had an infection and a virus at the same time. Had a fever of 104.02 at it's highest for over ten days. One shot of this and within one day he was almost completely his old self. It was painful to get the shot but the results were well worth it."

Anonymous April 30, 2009

"My child ran a fever for days from a throat infection. It got up to 105.6. He got a shot of Rocephin and was 90% better by the next day."

Anonymous December 16, 2008