User Reviews for Rocephin

Learn more about Rocephin.

Rocephin Rating Summary

9.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 383 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Tract Infection.

Reviews for Rocephin to treat Urinary Tract Infection

"Have been in agony with uti after uti burning and sick and debilitated and no other antibiotics touched it. Had positive strep b culture. Finally feel relief after Rocefin injection. It also helped before quickly with sinus infection. Highly recommend. Antibiotics are awful with deadly side effects. Ciprofloxacin and Levaquin can kill you. Research those two on side effects."

gjubl August 23, 2016

"I expressed I felt strongly I had an infection on my kidney or bladder and after she decided to test my urine she came back and said i made her a liar and there was infection still present after completing the Cipro. I was given Rocephin via IV, fluids, and CScan. Diagnosed with UTI and the infection was on my bladder. Gave me Nitrofurantoin and I've been sick as heck- chills, nausea, you name it! Going back and requesting Rocephin shot!"

IWILLGETBETTER Part 2 July 24, 2016

"42 year old female. 1 month ago I got went to urgent care for UTI. I was given Cipro. The burning never went away. I finished all the antibiotics and say by Gyn. Had another urine test along with a Pap. All were normal. This entire week I felt bad. Extremely tired, shakey, weak, irritable and of course the burning that never stopped. Went to urgent care tonight. I saw a young male physicians assistant. He suggested a rocephin shot. It hurt like heck but 3 hours after the shot, it's like I'm healed instantly. My whole body feels 100%better. I think the burning is finally gone. I hope I feel this great tomorrow. It's been one miserable month."

BityBom April 14, 2016

"Given one shot Rocephin (IM, dorsogluteal) for severe UTI. Shot a little painful, but experienced relief of abdominal discomfort within about 30 minutes. Some bruising, but definitely worth it for the quick relief."

CindyK2 (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

"I see a difference with 5 hours later but I have a kidney stone with gut wrenching pain and a uti Hoping tonight gets better"

Sibylann March 13, 2016

"Had rocephin for bronchitis once and it worked great. (3 shots) This week I was ER and given this in IV for UTI . Felt much better. Sent home with Macrobid and got very ill. Will ask for rocephin next time!"

Tootiebelle February 26, 2016

"I had a stent put it for an obstructed kidney stone and developed a UTI was completely miserable went to my local ED and was given Rocephin I felt better by the time I was discharged. Never had an antibiotic work that fast."

Vandelynn (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2015

"I've gotten uti's twice a year for over a decade. Azo doesn't even take a little of the pain away...mine are always terrible! Uti hit me hard yesterday and I went to the clinic I asked for this shot based on people on the Internet saying it helped so fast. It's true. The shot hurts but nothing is worse than the pain of the uti. I felt better within hours. It's usually a couple of days before I get to feeling better using antibiotic pills so I definitely recommend the shot!!"

being a woman isn't fun (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2015

"10 weeks pregnant and found out I had a bladder infection/urinary tract infection. Doctor first prescribed Macro. Those were the worst 3 days ever. I could not stop throwing up. The smell of food made me nauseous. I was weak and did not move from the bed for 3 day which is not like me at all. I am a very active person. I called the on-call doctor on Sunday night and she told me to stop taking Macro and to come in tomorrow to get the Rocephin shot. I have to say just from one day of being off Macro I already feel better but not 100%. I took the Rocephin shot and started to feel better little by little after 3 hours. I expected for the shot to hurt a lot. However, it only burned a little for a short period of time."

Dibursian (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2014

"Thank God for this shot! Doc had me on cephalaxin which only made it worse and then macro if which made me deathly sick. I couldn't take it anymore since I was pregnant and already miserable! OB gave me this shot in right hip and I couldn't feel more better. Turns out I don't have any pregnancy symptoms it was the urinary tract infection making me feel so awful! I felt better an hour after the shot and have been actually able to eat more than 2 bites of food since! Worth the burn and soreness afterwords."

Preggo (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2014

"Very bad urinary tract infection. Was given Septra after three days still not better. Dr had me in office for IV Rocepehin. Problem cleared up within hours!"

jones2 November 23, 2013

"Received Rocephin injection in left hip for urinary tract infection. The injection itself was not any worse than any other I've received, but as the medicine starts making its way into the body it becomes very uncomfortable. It feels very bruised and knotty at the injection site. However, I know this medicine works very well for this condition as I've had this twice previously, otherwise I would not put myself through the discomfort. It is only painful from about 2-3 minutes following the injection up to about 30 minutes following when the pain wears down to barely noticeable except when the area is touched. Its highly worth the brief pain and discomfort. I always feel much better within 24 hours following the shot."

Anonymous January 9, 2012

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Was given this after ER visit with severe testicular, urethra, and kidney pain. Tests for STD's were negative (ER did this anyway), so only conclusion was very bad UTI. Medicine (shot in buttocks) cleared up problem within 72 hrs, even though azithromycin (1 g dose) given for bronchitis 1 week earlier did not."

betternow January 10, 2010

"Noticed major improvement 4 hours after injection."

Anonymous December 18, 2009