User Reviews for Paromomycin

Dientamoeba fragilis
7.3

Summary of Paromomycin reviews 8.0 4 reviews

Reviews for Paromomycin

For Dientamoeba fragilis: "Had severe fatigue etc. for 2 years, UK London Hospital for Tropical medicine prescribed paromomycin (750mg tid) for 10 days. Almost instant recovery. Problems: diagnosis (need test kit to stabilise protozoa) and treatment (only 1 effective drug is licenced for use in UK (iodoquinol), but professor at LHTM stated that he would not use it (side effects were very bad). Important to get dose right otherwise the protozoa come back and are resistant to further treatment. Had been treated with metronidazole and that rendered the parasite resistant to the cheap effective secnidazole (used in other countries)."

Island Man (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Dientamoeba fragilis: "Recently diagnosed with D Fragilis, had IBS-like symptoms for 20 years. Took medication twice, 6 months apart. First time did not clear parasite and symptoms returned a week after finishing medication. Second time, now free of IBS-like symptoms 2 weeks after finishing medication."

P-A42 March 8, 2016

For Giardiasis: "Had been given this medicine when I was 8 weeks pregnant. I had contracted Giardia and was told I needed to have an abortion. After exhausting all my efforts with local doctors and the like I called the CDC. This was 1998. I was placed on this med, and completed 14 days of the med and within 4 days the giardia was was back. They doubled the doses and within 14 days I was cured again. Just in time to get past my 1st trimester. My daughter is 17 years old, She is highly allergic to penicillin and cephasporins. And in 2012 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, with no family history. Makes you wonder, but I have my baby <3"

Leenemae December 2, 2015

Humatin (paromomycin) for Dientamoeba fragilis: "No bad side-effects, but did not eliminate my DF infection!"

Anonymous February 22, 2011