User Reviews for MetroGel-Vaginal

Learn more about MetroGel-Vaginal.

Bacterial Vaginitis 19 reviews 30 medications

7.3
Summary of MetroGel-Vaginal reviews 19 reviews 7.3

Reviews for MetroGel-Vaginal

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've had bv off and on for 3 years, tried the 7 day course multiple times. Always came back in a couple days. Was told to do metro gel twice a week for 6 months. This has kept it at bay but never got rid of it. I was tested positive for group strep b, was told I may have had this overgrowth infection since I gave birth to my second son.... 3 years ago.. and that it could be the cause of the bv or the symptoms of bv. After the penicillin treatment, I've noticed a slight difference but still having to use the metro gel to keep it at bay. I take a raw probiotic twice a day as well. I wish this medicine worked like it has on everyone I've known to it. This bv stuff is so crippling"

Ughhhh October 6, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I used metrogel for 5 nights. It worked great. The itching and burning were relieved the very first night I took it. I did have to do a sixth dose two nights after the fifth night because the symptoms came back slightly but since then I have been fine. That was a week ago and since then no problems at all. The only home remedies I had tried were the probiotics, folic acid, vitamin D and vitamin C. I also ate a lot of plain yogurt. I think the vitamins and yogurt worked to give temporary relief but ultimately it was the Metrogel that did the trick. Crossing my fingers I don't have a relapse. I decided to use the gel and not the pills so the drugs don't have to go through your whole body. The gel just attacks the problem at the source."

candyapple4015 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This drug seems to work for me and get rid of the symptoms of bv, the smell and the itch however the bv itself seems to come back so I think it clears the symptom but doesn't cure the problem in my body."

Isabella217777 August 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've been on the gel for 3 days... First diagnosed with a UTI with no growth. Finished Cipro and still had symptoms. Second round- pelvic exam & swab... Still had bacteria & yeast so was prescribed metro gel. No side effects - but hasn't helped my issue. Waiting for 2nd culture to come back to see if still UTI and wasn't sensitive to the Cipro and need something new. Pains from hell"

JulesSan July 10, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Tried this gel for 1 night thinking it would have less side effects than in pill form.But I had a very bad experience. Within half an hour of using, my legs felt as if they were on fire mainly from my knees to feet.Got worse with aching,shooting pains up and down my legs.My head felt funny but no headache.All night I barely slept cos of the severity of the pain.The hotness did lessen,still had painful legs until mid morning,but it had spread to rest of body - a dull ache as if I had flu.Had slight blocked nose til morning as well.Felt slightly nauseous.Was itchy too all over.Felt spaced out.Suffered memory loss in day before all went away.Will not take again as am allergic to antibiotics so is probably just me.BV did feel bit better though."

Spacegal (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've been getting bacteria infections on and off for about 10 yrs have always taking the metrodonizole pills and they give me a bad taste in my mouth so this time I wanted to try the vaginal gel!! Did not work at all!! Plus gave me a yeast infection!! Now having to redue treatment with pills!! Fml"

Sick of it!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was diagnosed with BV and took this medicine PERFECTLY for 5 days. After the first day I got severe, crippling anxiety attacks which are very uncommon for me. I also had an upset stomach, cramps, and diarrhea for a week. The symptoms of BV never cleared up. I started my period after day 5 of medicine and after that, I was back to square one. It did not work at all for any of the symptoms, except the smell of the discharge was less bad, so that's why I gave it a two instead of a one. Still trying to find a medicine that helps me! This is so frustrating."

SusieQQQ March 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This gel is amazing and I have used it on & off for years, but now my body is paying the price. I first noticed, each time I used it, my hands would go numb, then my vision began deteriorating with a stigmatism. Now it's at the point my hands go numb quickly within a half hour of using this. Just be aware and careful. I used it about 6x a year for 15 years. Cannot use anymore."

Overuse side effects (taken for 10 years or more) August 24, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "The first time I got BV the doc prescribed Clindamycin , and a month later it came rite back ,, then he prescribed me Flagyl and a month later it still came back as well... I felt like less of a woman bc of this . I thought that I would never have a sex life again and i was hysterical. then he prescribed me the MetroGel and after the first use , symptoms were gone . I was like a kid in the candy store. he prescribed me like 4 refills for if it comes back. I made sure that he gave me enough refills. I love it so far and I have a prescription for past 5 nights to make sure it doesn't come back ! this works ,,, I love it , better than the pills !"

ChesterMoney August 22, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've had bv off and on for almost 2 years now. I would use cleocin gel when it would come back but I think my body just got immune to it so about two weeks ago I tried metro gel. It went away but did give me a yeast infection. I used monistat one day and boom the bv came back. So I'm trying the metro gel again but just for a longer period of time in hopes it does the job this time. Doesn't give me any side effects which is something I stressed before taking it."

Teet August 16, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This has been a wonderful medication for me! I was having BV monthly and it was impacted my sex life. My doctor recommended that I use it after Intercourse and I haven't had any problems since then. Highly recommended!"

Lalomy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've always had a problem with odor and tried douching, etc., but nothing ever helped. FINALLY, I spoke with a PA who told me I probably have an over abundance of "good" bacteria which produces this odor. She prescribed Metrodinazole 0.75% and I used it as prescribed. NO MORE EMBARRASSING ODOR! I don't know how long this will last, but I could cry from relief. Unless you experience thus yourself, you don't understand the thoughts always in the back of your mind. So thankful for this medication!"

Devotion101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Used gel for 5 days. The smell was gone the next morning. Still continued to use it for the remaining 4 days. It made everything so much better. I'm glad they have this treatment."

Vag Mag (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was prescribed the metronidazole vaginal gel for bacterial vaginitis. They have me using the gel before bed for 5 days. Tonight will be my 4th night of use. So far the only side effects I have noticed are a very think, white discharge and menstrual like cramps and discomfort in my pelvic area. I also have had a slight decrease in my appetite. "

ambslt July 5, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I had bacterial vaginitis. It was very unpleasant as one would expect. My Dr. prescribed Metrogel and Diflucan. Did the gel for three nights. About two weeks later itch occurred, so I took the Diflucan. I've had bacterial vaginitis twice and subsequently, a yeast infection. Metrogel diflucan combo worked great for me. Gave an 8/10 because I got a yeast infection after the bacterial vaginitis treatment; but Diflucan cleared it up."

HopeThisHelps (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2013

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Since MetroGel I no longer smell."

its mine and i say it stinks (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2013

For Bacterial Vaginitis "When I use Metro-gel, I don't have to worry about bacterial vaginitis coming back easily. It helps faster, and it's very effective. When I take the oral medicines, bacterial vaginitis recurs within weeks. That can be a major pain. The only bummer is the yeast infection that can sometimes occur."

Anonymous November 2, 2010

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I love this medicine cor bacterial vaginitis. It works well and I never have side effects. However, I almost always get a yeast infection afterwards so I have my doctor prescribe Diflucan as well."

Anonymous May 18, 2010

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Metrogel is a very good solution to curing a vaginal infection. A common side effect not listed is heavy discharge. I have also experienced pelvic cramping from day 3-7 but about the same as menstrual cramps."

Natalee June 2, 2009

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate