User Reviews for MetroGel-Vaginal

Bacterial Vaginitis

Summary of MetroGel-Vaginal reviews 6.0 43 reviews

Reviews for MetroGel-Vaginal

For Bacterial Vaginitis "It works but I got a terrible yeast infection. It is a common side effect but also had to be treated with meds."

Bea (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Have been using the actual GEL for two days and I'm fine. A little burning and mild diarrhea at most but that is it. I FOLLOWED the directions, if you follow the directions, you should be fine. It CLEARLY states not to have sex while using the medication."

sam (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was honestly scared to try this medication with all the reviews I’ve read. I had little to no side effects. My side effects were just a little bit of cramping and discharge with a little blood. Symptoms were noticeably better. Just stay away from alcohol."

..... (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I’ve used this for one day and this is my second night using it and I feel horrible. I feel like I’m on my period, nausea, cramps, lightheaded and dizzy. I couldn’t walk up my steps because of my cramps. All I want to do is sleep, and what’s funny is that I’ve used this medicine before and it was never like this. I want to stop using it. 3 days left and I don’t think I can do it."

Mya (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Used metrogel for 5 days every night before I went to bed. Before using I freaked myself out with the reviews but I really only experienced a headache and some stiffness in my neck which was tolerable. On the third day smell and discharge was gone. Been a few days since I’ve been off of it it worked good overall :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Same deal as one of the other girls, was tested for UTI symptoms, cultured twice with no growth, but positive for BV, have done 2 nights of the gel so far, have experienced lack of appetite, bloating feeling and cramps, hope it end soon"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have been having BV problems for a couple years after I had my babe. Took this for the first time this week. Looks like it helped with BV, but caused some pretty bad symptoms: headache, stomachache, nervousness, some discharge with blood, cramping, insomnia, and intestinal issues. Hopefully it does the job!"

Kat August 16, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "AWFUL medication. I had absolutely 0 symptoms of BV, but it came up in my pap during my physical. My doctor started me on the pill and I could hardly make it 1.5 days. Wasn’t able to focus, felt drunk, nausea, extreme fatigue, ear congestion, and so on. I quit taking it immediately. My doctor then prescribed the topical gel, which I believe was a huge mistake as it caused extreme and intense burning on the outside of my vagina. Then onto the vaginal gel insertion. I had to do 2 awful rounds of this. Worst cramps, nausea and fatigue I’ve ever experienced. Bloating was so uncomfortable, I could hardly wear some of my clothes. It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve been off the medication now and I’ve still had waves of side effects. My gut bacteria and vaginal ph are completely out of whack. All I want to do is sleep, my migraines have intensified and bloating is still an issue. Do not take this medicine especially if you didn’t have symptoms of BV to begin with!"

Katie July 27, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I started taking the metro gel a few days ago and have been hospitalized twice since for severe stomach pain and cramping, nausea and vomiting, sweating and breast discharge. This drug is horrible. None of the ER doctors put two and two together to find that my symptoms were a result of the gel. My own GYN doesn’t believe that the symptoms are related side effects but it says right on the package that these are ‘less common’ side effects. I just figured it out last night and now I’m trying to get it out of my system."

VegasGirl July 9, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've been battling BV off and on for 3 years now. I've used the gel now at least 5 times (once a night for 5 days) and I honestly have no idea why I keep going back to it. It never works for long (BV comes back right after period) and it always leaves a side effect worse than the BV. Right now I'm dealing with constipation and UTI side effects (but no UTI, was tested) and my last treatment was almost 2 months ago. Never again. I will try and maintain with probiotics and Rephresh from here on out. Stay away from metrogel!!!!"

Sosickofthis June 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Had BV second time now first was tablets made me drunk feeling so I'm avoiding the tablets and this second time I'm using the gel. All I can say is side effects are stomach ache, wind and diarrhea. I was told use it at night time for five nights and I'm on the second night."

Queenb (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I used the MetroGel vag gel for 5 nights as instructed. The smell went away for like a day or 2 but the discharge remained with its abnormal color (brownish). After having sex with my boyfriend, 2 nights after using the gel, the smell came back even worse. I was bloated and had awful pain and burning sensation in my lower abdomen. I honestly don't trust that this gel works. Instead I feel like it just made things even worse because I noticed there was some bleeding coming out as well."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have recurring BV so the metro gel used three times a week helps a lot for a few days but has not got rid of all together. It provides some relief from BV but I do get some side effects like dizziness, bloating, upset stomach and tired. I only insert less than half of an applicatorful each time get fewer side effects from it and it still is effective"

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was diagnosed with BV at 13 weeks pregnant. I was prescribed the metro gel 5X nightly. I asked my midwife why she prefers the gel over the pills and she said it makes sense to treat something vaginally though the vagina. Makes sense to me. I took the medication as prescribed and didn’t seem to experience any real unpleasant side effects. I didn’t have any symptoms to begin with so I can’t speak to whether it cleared them up. I was tested because I am pregnant. I have noticed some of the gel leaking out in the morning along with some thicker white discharge. But from what I’ve read that is normal. All in all, despite being very skeptical about doing this while pregnant it was not a bad experience at all."

Sj84 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Started the gel 3 days ago, had my wisdom teeth out 2 days before I got the gel for BV, my stomach started hurting and I thought maybe because I haven’t pooped since the pain pills backed me up, pooped yesterday but had very bad pelvic cramps last night and stomach pain all day today. Also have runny nose and cough. The stomach cramps hurt really bad but the gel worked the first application. I do like it but the side effects are awful. I just push through the pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Cleared up my BV first night. Took away smell and discharge, amazing. Tonight is my last dose CONS: •Very very tender breasts •NAUSEA •Dizziness •Gave me a bad cough & sever sore throat since Day 2 •Triggers anxiety, badly •Causes irritability •menstrual like cramps on/off The side effects were crucial for me. Affected me immensely :( but it cured me. These are my experiences. I always keep tabs on how I feel before starting a meditation and how I feel during and after so that I can properly evaluate and give feedback to my doctors or other ladies."

Izzy Bella (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "So last year I had my very first yeast infection, and bv. Recently I started eating a bunch of of probiotic since I didn’t want to have to keep taking antibiotic that were killing my good and bad bacteria. I had sex with my boyfriend and there was an odor that shouldn’t been there. So I went to the dr. She said we found a little amount of bv and the tiniest bit of yeast and gave me the gel . But I had told her the medicine I don’t react well to because it always puts me back with a yeast infection which I had no symptoms of it was just a odor now day two of taking gel my vagina is on fire from the yeast and now I’m actually suffering from something else now !"

Janice March 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Have BV Gardnerella and used the gel for 3 nights out of 5 day prescription. Today I am experiencing extreme breast pain on both sides. Previous nights it caused pelvic pain briefly after application. I will not complete the dosage with this much pain. It did eliminate the odor. I have not been diagnosed with BV in previous years and hope it will not cause yeast infection."

tigermom710 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was diagnosed with BV. I seem to get it every 2 years, but now I'm getting symptoms. I was treated in October for BV with this gel. It is really gross. Because you're inserting gel, that all comes out at some point. Which is the worst. Having all that stuff between your legs when you're trying to go through your day. Well I finished that, to immediately get a yeast infection. Which they don't tell you. But 9x out of 10 you get a yeast infection. So I treated that. To only still have BV when I went to my annual in Dec. Looks like I'll be doing this again.... At the point, I feel like its a whole lot of suffering for nothing."

Men are lucky (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Just finished a 5 day course, side effects have been an intense headache for 3 of the days and extreme irritability. I hope I never need to take it again I feel awful"

Jweb875 December 3, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was a bit scared of using this gel at first as I read the reviews first. I went to a clinic for an STD check which came back I had BV. The lady gave me a little chat and handed me a box called zidoval. The first night I used it it interacted with my bipolar medication and made me feel unwell. Fast pounding heart beat, nausea, dizziness. Then the next 4 nights I used it without and felt fine. I ate before using it which made a difference. As far as the BV symptoms no discharge no smell after 2nd night. Tonights my last night using it and I feel okay at the moment"

Lilh (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis "After being treated for yeast for 8 months with little success, my doctor put me on metrogel as kind of a last resort to soothe my itching/burning/abnormal discharge/tingling even though my cultures keep coming back negative for everything... I've taken metrogel before when I actually had a positive culture for BV and had no complaints. This time around, I'm on my second night and feel awful. Itching is still there + I have body aches, chills, feel nauseous... I'm going to continue using this medicine for the next 3 nights and I'll check back in to finish the review... also have a gross discharge but I assume this is the gel coming out..."

Overthis17 March 24, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Garbage. It takes it away for a little while and right back again it comes. I been going through this for 15 years now. As far as I'm concerned this medicine causes it to reoccur which I feel like the government and pharmaceuticals purposely did to make MONEY."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 30, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "My doctor took several vaginal samples and tested for yeast, all std's, and bacteria. The ONLY thing that was positive was g. Gardnerella, which is bacteria. She gave me flagyl 500 MG daily x7 days and told me to use metrogel 2x a week for 4-6 months. Still not better and just finished 5 weeks of the gel, which is 10 doses. I have zero odor, never had any, but my discharge is like acid. My skin around the vaginal opening is extremely red and it burns and sometimes I itch. I'm majorly frustrated. I have used desitin and vaseline to try and keep the discharge from burning me so bad (docs suggestion) but those tend to make me worse! I'm truly so depressed I just don't feel like this is ever going to go away. No sex for 5 months now."

BaileyMaxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've had bv off and on for 3 years, tried the 7 day course multiple times. Always came back in a couple days. Was told to do metro gel twice a week for 6 months. This has kept it at bay but never got rid of it. I was tested positive for group strep b, was told I may have had this overgrowth infection since I gave birth to my second son.... 3 years ago.. and that it could be the cause of the bv or the symptoms of bv. After the penicillin treatment, I've noticed a slight difference but still having to use the metro gel to keep it at bay. I take a raw probiotic twice a day as well. I wish this medicine worked like it has on everyone I've known to it. This bv stuff is so crippling"

Ughhhh October 6, 2016