User Reviews for MetroGel-Vaginal

Bacterial Vaginitis
6.4

Summary of MetroGel-Vaginal reviews 6.4 32 reviews

Reviews for MetroGel-Vaginal

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I used the MetroGel vag gel for 5 nights as instructed. The smell went away for like a day or 2 but the discharge remained with its abnormal color (brownish). After having sex with my boyfriend, 2 nights after using the gel, the smell came back even worse. I was bloated and had awful pain and burning sensation in my lower abdomen. I honestly don't trust that this gel works. Instead I feel like it just made things even worse because I noticed there was some bleeding coming out as well."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have recurring BV so the metro gel used three times a week helps a lot for a few days but has not got rid of all together. It provides some relief from BV but I do get some side effects like dizziness, bloating, upset stomach and tired. I only insert less than half of an applicatorful each time get fewer side effects from it and it still is effective"

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was diagnosed with BV at 13 weeks pregnant. I was prescribed the metro gel 5X nightly. I asked my midwife why she prefers the gel over the pills and she said it makes sense to treat something vaginally though the vagina. Makes sense to me. I took the medication as prescribed and didn’t seem to experience any real unpleasant side effects. I didn’t have any symptoms to begin with so I can’t speak to whether it cleared them up. I was tested because I am pregnant. I have noticed some of the gel leaking out in the morning along with some thicker white discharge. But from what I’ve read that is normal. All in all, despite being very skeptical about doing this while pregnant it was not a bad experience at all."

Sj84 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Started the gel 3 days ago, had my wisdom teeth out 2 days before I got the gel for BV, my stomach started hurting and I thought maybe because I haven’t pooped since the pain pills backed me up, pooped yesterday but had very bad pelvic cramps last night and stomach pain all day today. Also have runny nose and cough. The stomach cramps hurt really bad but the gel worked the first application. I do like it but the side effects are awful. I just push through the pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Cleared up my BV first night. Took away smell and discharge, amazing. Tonight is my last dose CONS: •Very very tender breasts •NAUSEA •Dizziness •Gave me a bad cough & sever sore throat since Day 2 •Triggers anxiety, badly •Causes irritability •menstrual like cramps on/off The side effects were crucial for me. Affected me immensely :( but it cured me. These are my experiences. I always keep tabs on how I feel before starting a meditation and how I feel during and after so that I can properly evaluate and give feedback to my doctors or other ladies."

Izzy Bella (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "So last year I had my very first yeast infection, and bv. Recently I started eating a bunch of of probiotic since I didn’t want to have to keep taking antibiotic that were killing my good and bad bacteria. I had sex with my boyfriend and there was an odor that shouldn’t been there. So I went to the dr. She said we found a little amount of bv and the tiniest bit of yeast and gave me the gel . But I had told her the medicine I don’t react well to because it always puts me back with a yeast infection which I had no symptoms of it was just a odor now day two of taking gel my vagina is on fire from the yeast and now I’m actually suffering from something else now !"

Janice March 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Have BV Gardnerella and used the gel for 3 nights out of 5 day prescription. Today I am experiencing extreme breast pain on both sides. Previous nights it caused pelvic pain briefly after application. I will not complete the dosage with this much pain. It did eliminate the odor. I have not been diagnosed with BV in previous years and hope it will not cause yeast infection."

tigermom710 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was diagnosed with BV. I seem to get it every 2 years, but now I'm getting symptoms. I was treated in October for BV with this gel. It is really gross. Because you're inserting gel, that all comes out at some point. Which is the worst. Having all that stuff between your legs when you're trying to go through your day. Well I finished that, to immediately get a yeast infection. Which they don't tell you. But 9x out of 10 you get a yeast infection. So I treated that. To only still have BV when I went to my annual in Dec. Looks like I'll be doing this again.... At the point, I feel like its a whole lot of suffering for nothing."

Men are lucky (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Just finished a 5 day course, side effects have been an intense headache for 3 of the days and extreme irritability. I hope I never need to take it again I feel awful"

Jweb875 December 3, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was a bit scared of using this gel at first as I read the reviews first. I went to a clinic for an STD check which came back I had BV. The lady gave me a little chat and handed me a box called zidoval. The first night I used it it interacted with my bipolar medication and made me feel unwell. Fast pounding heart beat, nausea, dizziness. Then the next 4 nights I used it without and felt fine. I ate before using it which made a difference. As far as the BV symptoms no discharge no smell after 2nd night. Tonights my last night using it and I feel okay at the moment"

Lilh (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis "After being treated for yeast for 8 months with little success, my doctor put me on metrogel as kind of a last resort to soothe my itching/burning/abnormal discharge/tingling even though my cultures keep coming back negative for everything... I've taken metrogel before when I actually had a positive culture for BV and had no complaints. This time around, I'm on my second night and feel awful. Itching is still there + I have body aches, chills, feel nauseous... I'm going to continue using this medicine for the next 3 nights and I'll check back in to finish the review... also have a gross discharge but I assume this is the gel coming out..."

Overthis17 March 24, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Garbage. It takes it away for a little while and right back again it comes. I been going through this for 15 years now. As far as I'm concerned this medicine causes it to reoccur which I feel like the government and pharmaceuticals purposely did to make MONEY."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 30, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "My doctor took several vaginal samples and tested for yeast, all std's, and bacteria. The ONLY thing that was positive was g. Gardnerella, which is bacteria. She gave me flagyl 500 MG daily x7 days and told me to use metrogel 2x a week for 4-6 months. Still not better and just finished 5 weeks of the gel, which is 10 doses. I have zero odor, never had any, but my discharge is like acid. My skin around the vaginal opening is extremely red and it burns and sometimes I itch. I'm majorly frustrated. I have used desitin and vaseline to try and keep the discharge from burning me so bad (docs suggestion) but those tend to make me worse! I'm truly so depressed I just don't feel like this is ever going to go away. No sex for 5 months now."

BaileyMaxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've had bv off and on for 3 years, tried the 7 day course multiple times. Always came back in a couple days. Was told to do metro gel twice a week for 6 months. This has kept it at bay but never got rid of it. I was tested positive for group strep b, was told I may have had this overgrowth infection since I gave birth to my second son.... 3 years ago.. and that it could be the cause of the bv or the symptoms of bv. After the penicillin treatment, I've noticed a slight difference but still having to use the metro gel to keep it at bay. I take a raw probiotic twice a day as well. I wish this medicine worked like it has on everyone I've known to it. This bv stuff is so crippling"

Ughhhh October 6, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I used metrogel for 5 nights. It worked great. The itching and burning were relieved the very first night I took it. I did have to do a sixth dose two nights after the fifth night because the symptoms came back slightly but since then I have been fine. That was a week ago and since then no problems at all. The only home remedies I had tried were the probiotics, folic acid, vitamin D and vitamin C. I also ate a lot of plain yogurt. I think the vitamins and yogurt worked to give temporary relief but ultimately it was the Metrogel that did the trick. Crossing my fingers I don't have a relapse. I decided to use the gel and not the pills so the drugs don't have to go through your whole body. The gel just attacks the problem at the source."

candyapple4015 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This drug seems to work for me and get rid of the symptoms of bv, the smell and the itch however the bv itself seems to come back so I think it clears the symptom but doesn't cure the problem in my body."

Isabella217777 August 22, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've been on the gel for 3 days... First diagnosed with a UTI with no growth. Finished Cipro and still had symptoms. Second round- pelvic exam & swab... Still had bacteria & yeast so was prescribed metro gel. No side effects - but hasn't helped my issue. Waiting for 2nd culture to come back to see if still UTI and wasn't sensitive to the Cipro and need something new. Pains from hell"

JulesSan July 10, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Tried this gel for 1 night thinking it would have less side effects than in pill form.But I had a very bad experience. Within half an hour of using, my legs felt as if they were on fire mainly from my knees to feet.Got worse with aching,shooting pains up and down my legs.My head felt funny but no headache.All night I barely slept cos of the severity of the pain.The hotness did lessen,still had painful legs until mid morning,but it had spread to rest of body - a dull ache as if I had flu.Had slight blocked nose til morning as well.Felt slightly nauseous.Was itchy too all over.Felt spaced out.Suffered memory loss in day before all went away.Will not take again as am allergic to antibiotics so is probably just me.BV did feel bit better though."

Spacegal (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've been getting bacteria infections on and off for about 10 yrs have always taking the metrodonizole pills and they give me a bad taste in my mouth so this time I wanted to try the vaginal gel!! Did not work at all!! Plus gave me a yeast infection!! Now having to redue treatment with pills!! Fml"

Sick of it!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was diagnosed with BV and took this medicine PERFECTLY for 5 days. After the first day I got severe, crippling anxiety attacks which are very uncommon for me. I also had an upset stomach, cramps, and diarrhea for a week. The symptoms of BV never cleared up. I started my period after day 5 of medicine and after that, I was back to square one. It did not work at all for any of the symptoms, except the smell of the discharge was less bad, so that's why I gave it a two instead of a one. Still trying to find a medicine that helps me! This is so frustrating."

SusieQQQ March 2, 2016

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This gel is amazing and I have used it on & off for years, but now my body is paying the price. I first noticed, each time I used it, my hands would go numb, then my vision began deteriorating with a stigmatism. Now it's at the point my hands go numb quickly within a half hour of using this. Just be aware and careful. I used it about 6x a year for 15 years. Cannot use anymore."

Overuse side effects (taken for 10 years or more) August 24, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "The first time I got BV the doc prescribed Clindamycin , and a month later it came rite back ,, then he prescribed me Flagyl and a month later it still came back as well... I felt like less of a woman bc of this . I thought that I would never have a sex life again and i was hysterical. then he prescribed me the MetroGel and after the first use , symptoms were gone . I was like a kid in the candy store. he prescribed me like 4 refills for if it comes back. I made sure that he gave me enough refills. I love it so far and I have a prescription for past 5 nights to make sure it doesn't come back ! this works ,,, I love it , better than the pills !"

ChesterMoney August 22, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've had bv off and on for almost 2 years now. I would use cleocin gel when it would come back but I think my body just got immune to it so about two weeks ago I tried metro gel. It went away but did give me a yeast infection. I used monistat one day and boom the bv came back. So I'm trying the metro gel again but just for a longer period of time in hopes it does the job this time. Doesn't give me any side effects which is something I stressed before taking it."

Teet August 16, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This has been a wonderful medication for me! I was having BV monthly and it was impacted my sex life. My doctor recommended that I use it after Intercourse and I haven't had any problems since then. Highly recommended!"

Lalomy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've always had a problem with odor and tried douching, etc., but nothing ever helped. FINALLY, I spoke with a PA who told me I probably have an over abundance of "good" bacteria which produces this odor. She prescribed Metrodinazole 0.75% and I used it as prescribed. NO MORE EMBARRASSING ODOR! I don't know how long this will last, but I could cry from relief. Unless you experience thus yourself, you don't understand the thoughts always in the back of your mind. So thankful for this medication!"

Devotion101 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2015