User Reviews for Solosec

Bacterial Vaginitis
4.1

Summary of Solosec reviews 4.1 25 reviews

Reviews for Solosec

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Was prescribed this Solosec for first case of BV. The taste was disgusting like most are saying but I didn't have as much trouble getting it down like others. It did leave a lingering bad taste in my mouth which is still there a day after taking it. Experienced a slight headache and some dizziness on the first day after taking it but nothing horrible. But that night after drinking two beers, I woke up about 4 hours later with a horrible stomach ache and nausea. I don't usually have reactions to medicines so this was not normal for me at all. If the BV does come back I will definitely ask for a different med."

User (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Took Solosec 2 days ago. This was my 4th round of antibiotic for my BV this time and no relief. I am so disappointed and upset that I can not find something that works. Took Clindamycin for 7 days, then 2 rounds of Tindamax- which actually has the worst side effects. Now the Solosec which does not seem to be working. I have been taking probiotics orally for 4 months and when I try vaginal probiotics it irritates the BV more. I'm at my wits end and super depressed about this."

A May 10, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "OMG I took this medication at 2pm with yogurt, read up on whether I’d be able to drink on it and what I read said there were no issues with drinking alcohol. So later that evening at around 6pm I had some champagne and a sandwich... about 4 drinks total. I went to bed at 10pm and by 12am I woke up with a strong desire to throw up- tried to breathe it away and no success so I had to run to the bathroom because it went from a maybe I’m going to throw up... to a, I’m going to throw up right now! After vomiting I thought all was over- BOY was I wrong! I continued to vomit about every 30 mins to every hour until 4am!!!! It was a nightmare! I continued to vomit even when I had nothing left inside of me- just dry heaving it was so awful! I hate this medication- not sure if it worked as I just took it two days ago... but I’ve been feeling weak (like when you get the flu) since then- and I’m very physically active and healthy."

OrangePopsicle May 4, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was literally petrified to take this after reading the reviews on the medicine. I already suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so I literally thought taking this I was going to die lol. Well first of all the taste really isn't horrible! Obviously Solosec isn't delicious but I took it with cinnamon applesauce and only a couple bites tasted slightly like aspirin. I have had to drink suprep before a colonscopy and let me tell you that is digusting and impossible to drink. This was a breeze. As far as side effects the only thing I had was a slight headache when I woke up. I also suffer from IBS and this did not cause any stomach issues at all. Everyone is different so don't let the reviews scare you like they did me. The pharmacist told me to just make sure I ate before taking it."

Alex (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I can’t share any information as far as effectiveness of Solosec goes yet, but I wanted to comment on the taste. I read a lot of reviews here and was really nervous to take this! I mixed it in an applesauce cup and scooped portions of it into a shot glass expecting the worst. Maybe I did it wrong, but I didn’t notice any significant flavor difference to the applesauce. I have had a head cold over the last week, but I think my sense of taste/smell is generally fine at this point. I would say be really careful not to chew the granules. I hope this works!"

Andrea (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "2 years to the day, I have had over 12 cases of BV. It's really mind over matter. I have suffered so much that I would and have done just about everything! Just pick your fav yogurt, one that is healthier than your typical yoplait. Also it says u may take this with pudding. I didn't expect for this to taste good, but it's been about 20 mins since I took this and so far I'm okay. Ohhh and ironic, I HATE yogurt. It did taste bad but I think it's because I couldn't stand the yogurt. I'd do this over having BV and followed yeast infections I get from the antibiotics. Seriously! Tell yourself you'll be okay and don't give power to you feeling of a side effect..ITS NOT THAT BAD!! Good luck to you all, I hope I give you girls a little better hope and less fear of this drug. "

Lana April 17, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "The taste secnidazole is absolutely disgusting. I was gagging and dry heaving between bites but I managed to keep it down. After a day or two my BV was totally gone. It came back 2 months the later so I am giving it another try. This time I’ll be doing boric acid suppositories and taking probiotics made for vaginal health. I’m hoping it works as well the second time!"

IhaveBV April 15, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "CAUTION, BE VERY CAREFUL! I have always had a sensitive stomach, but have never had issues with Flagyl being that this is in the same family, I assumed it would be no different. Boy was I wrong! I took Solosec Monday night at approx 6pm, in pudding. As the night wore on, I began to feel crummy, nauseous, and off so I decided to go to bed. About 1 am I woke up, bolted to the bathroom tripping over pillows, dogs, and whatever else, to barely make it to the toilet before projectile vomiting. The rest of the night was more of the same. By morning I was still feeling badly, so I decided to call my doctors office and let them know. It is now 1pm on Tuesday, and I had to leave my desk (I work from home), and go lie down. I’m still nauseous, have no appetite, and just feel off, but I’m hoping this feeling will go away soon. I can tell you this, I will NEVER take this stuff again! 1 day cure or not, I’ll stick with my Flagyl!"

Phase1929 April 9, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I took this drug for the first time and I must say that the taste is not that great but nothing to make you throw up or gag over. I sprinkled it in some strawberry applesauce and washed it down with water. Then I ate the rest of the applesauce and drank some more water. I did get a slight headache but nothing severe. I went to the gym worked out and kept myself hydrated. No awful taste in my mouth or any other symptoms when I woke up the next morning. I can say that the horrible BV odor is gone. "

slimgoody (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I literally just finished taking it and I had to warn people. The taste is HORRIBLE! I tried to get the smallest cup of yogurt to put it in because I knew it would be difficult to swallow. I literally had to take breaks of rinsing out my mouth just to finish it. For what I just went through, it better work wonders!"

Sam March 30, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I was prescribed Solosec for Bacterial Vaginitis. Very, very nasty taste could barely get it down with my applesauce but I did not want to waste the medicine as it was VERY expensive. Gross metallic taste. It has only been3 hours since taking it so hopefully I have no side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Like others, I am desperate to get rid of this BV I have been struggling with now for five years. Yes, that long. UGH. I agree that I thought I would throw it up. I took it last evening and was up a couple of times with upset stomach. I managed to keep it down. Took some Rolaids which did help. WHY do they make something so nasty? They could put it in a capsule, the taste is so bad. I am hoping it will work, guess it stays in your system for four days, we will see. Glad I had a $25 coupon from online. No matter what you take it with it is like tasting raw aspirin and the granules get stuck in your teeth. I looked on the instructions and they have really not had good good results...30% of patients have had side effects. We are guinea hens for this research. Let's hope our complaints reach the right ears. Icky stuff."

winter (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "DONT DO IT! This is the worst tasting thing that has ever been in my mouth. I can’t describe it. It’s just DISGUSTING! I couldn’t even finish it without throwing up. It was originally $353 but with my coupon I paid $25 complete waste of money. PLEASE don’t take this medicine just take the 7 day pill. I feel so sick. I thought maybe I shouldn’t have mixed with yogurt but I see from the reviews it wouldn’t have mattered."

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "The taste was so horrible. It has been 48 hours since I took this medicine and I still feel horrible nausea and weakness. Not to mention the horrible taste that’s still in my mouth. I will never take this again."

Anonymous March 15, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've read all the reviews about how nasty this medicine was and was so nervous. I decided to try something different. I asked the pharmacist if I could take it with nutella. She looked it up....no interactions. I mixed it in. Two spoonfuls and it was gone. Tasted just like nutella. No after taste. I scraped the bowl making sure I got it all. Now let's hope it works fast and gets rid of my chronic BV that I've had on and off for a year and a half!"

Queenie (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I just finished taking this Solosec drug with yogurt. It is the nastiest tasting medicine I've ever taken in my life. Whew! Pure Nasty! I pray it works quick."

Juke box (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I wanted to write this for the women like me who are desperate to find a solution to BV. First I was scared to take it due to it being new. My insurance would not cover it. My Doctor gave me a discount card and I got it for $ 25. I took the meds on a full stomach after dinner. I wanted to do it before bed. This medication tastes soooooo bad. I recommend taking it with applesauce about a 1/4 cup . I took it in 3 bites with water. (Do not use too much applesauce, yogurt or pudding) I promise you won't be able to eat it. Less is more in my opinion. I didn't experience any side effects that I read about. I did have a soft stool after but that is it. I can say I noticed a difference in 48 hrs. I hope this review helps someone."

AB February 24, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have been dealing with BV for a while... nearly 2 years. I refused to go back to the doctor after 4 rounds of treatment with several different antibiotics. Here I am a year later, I took my self back to my OBGYN and he recommended SOLOSEC. It has a terrible taste but that’s the least of my concern because I’m trying to find a solution to my miserable vagina. Only side effects I experienced was dizziness for the first two or three hours after taking it. Also, I had a weird taste in my mouth that lingered for nearly a week. I did suffer a horrible yeast infection after taking this. I had to call and ask for a yeast infection script. Along with the yeast infection script I took boric acid suppositories. So far I feel like I have possibly gotten rid of BV. I feel great. Took nearly almost three weeks since starting this treatment to get things under control. I would recommend SOLOSEC because I feel like it does have potential to help cure a BV infection."

Miserable Vagina (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Do not under any circumstances be convinced by your doctor to take this medicine!!! Like others, I was gagging the entire time I was attempting to finish my pudding. I was also very light headed and nauseous afterwards. I had diarrhea for the rest of that day. I emailed the company to ensure that there were no other contraindications I should be aware of. I mean I felt terrible! It’s been longer than a week & they never got back to me. Obviously, I called my doctor that day, knowing Solosec reps wouldn’t reply ASAP. They told me to wait it out & call back if severe symptoms persisted. Okay sure. To my surprise they never replied at all. I continued having symptoms of upset stomach/nausea the next day. This is a new drug that’s being pushed to patients. I read the fine print stating that they have not ruled out carcinogenic effects. Lol wow. I always take the reviews of drugs I see online with a grain of salt. This time I didn’t even check the reviews, and I paid for it."

Melanie February 6, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I got a coupon for this so I only paid $25. I put it in yogurt and could hardly take it. The taste is so bad I almost threw up after every bite. It’s been about 6 days since I took the medication and I still have an awful taste in my mouth. I was nauseous for about 4 days and my head felt like it was in a fog for 5 days. I don’t know if it’s helped my BV yet but the side effects were so bad...(I seemed to experience them all) I will never take this drug again."

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I used this medicine last week and the taste is horrible, the whole time taking this medication with yogurt I was gagging!! But I was desperate to get rid of this recurring BV so I finished it. Omg it was the worst experience I had. I never had any allergic reaction towards any medication but this was horrifying. I vomited all night for 6 hours with no stop until I was ready to go to the emergency room. It didn't work for me because I start throwing it up 5 hours after taking the medication."

A January 29, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This drug is extremely new, barely covered by any insurance and was pushed hard by my doctor. The taste is indescribably bad, which would not matter if it worked but it did not. I have no sensitivity to any drug and can use just about anything. I am not sure if this thing cured my BV since four days later, I'm going back to the doc so she can take care of every one of the first four listed side effects of the drug, too gross to mention here. It seems easier because it is one dose but it truly isn't worth it."

Liv (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I took this medicine mixed in cherry yogurt. It was absolutely disgusting but I was desperate . The taste is horrible and the yogurt didn’t mask the taste one bit. I got my prescription at Kroger pharmacy and they only charged me $25 which isn’t bad. I made sure to take it right before bed so I would sleep through any potential side effects. So far, I haven’t experienced any."

Sbbb (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This medication was expensive as it was not covered by my insurance. I paid $75 with a coupon from my OBGYN. The taste was absolutely horrible. Unfortunately, this medication did not work at all! In fact, it made things much worse. I will try boric acid suppositories now."

Sodekesc November 8, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have been struggling with BV for over 3 months now. I have lost a pregnancy at 13 weeks due to this infection. I have tried 5 rounds of different medications. I tried solosec and it did not cure the BV. It made me sick as a dog the whole day as well as a terrible taste in my mouth for about 3 days after."

Courtney (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018