User Reviews for Solosec

Bacterial Vaginitis
3.4

Summary of Solosec reviews 3.4 14 reviews

Reviews for Solosec

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Like others, I am desperate to get rid of this BV I have been struggling with now for five years. Yes, that long. UGH. I agree that I thought I would throw it up. I took it last evening and was up a couple of times with upset stomach. I managed to keep it down. Took some Rolaids which did help. WHY do they make something so nasty? They could put it in a capsule, the taste is so bad. I am hoping it will work, guess it stays in your system for four days, we will see. Glad I had a $25 coupon from online. No matter what you take it with it is like tasting raw aspirin and the granules get stuck in your teeth. I looked on the instructions and they have really not had good good results...30% of patients have had side effects. We are guinea hens for this research. Let's hope our complaints reach the right ears. Icky stuff."

winter (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "DONT DO IT! This is the worst tasting thing that has ever been in my mouth. I can’t describe it. It’s just DISGUSTING! I couldn’t even finish it without throwing up. It was originally $353 but with my coupon I paid $25 complete waste of money. PLEASE don’t take this medicine just take the 7 day pill. I feel so sick. I thought maybe I shouldn’t have mixed with yogurt but I see from the reviews it wouldn’t have mattered."

Sarah (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "The taste was so horrible. It has been 48 hours since I took this medicine and I still feel horrible nausea and weakness. Not to mention the horrible taste that’s still in my mouth. I will never take this again."

Anonymous March 15, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I've read all the reviews about how nasty this medicine was and was so nervous. I decided to try something different. I asked the pharmacist if I could take it with nutella. She looked it up....no interactions. I mixed it in. Two spoonfuls and it was gone. Tasted just like nutella. No after taste. I scraped the bowl making sure I got it all. Now let's hope it works fast and gets rid of my chronic BV that I've had on and off for a year and a half!"

Queenie (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I just finished taking this Solosec drug with yogurt. It is the nastiest tasting medicine I've ever taken in my life. Whew! Pure Nasty! I pray it works quick."

Juke box (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I wanted to write this for the women like me who are desperate to find a solution to BV. First I was scared to take it due to it being new. My insurance would not cover it. My Doctor gave me a discount card and I got it for $ 25. I took the meds on a full stomach after dinner. I wanted to do it before bed. This medication tastes soooooo bad. I recommend taking it with applesauce about a 1/4 cup . I took it in 3 bites with water. (Do not use too much applesauce, yogurt or pudding) I promise you won't be able to eat it. Less is more in my opinion. I didn't experience any side effects that I read about. I did have a soft stool after but that is it. I can say I noticed a difference in 48 hrs. I hope this review helps someone."

AB February 24, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have been dealing with BV for a while... nearly 2 years. I refused to go back to the doctor after 4 rounds of treatment with several different antibiotics. Here I am a year later, I took my self back to my OBGYN and he recommended SOLOSEC. It has a terrible taste but that’s the least of my concern because I’m trying to find a solution to my miserable vagina. Only side effects I experienced was dizziness for the first two or three hours after taking it. Also, I had a weird taste in my mouth that lingered for nearly a week. I did suffer a horrible yeast infection after taking this. I had to call and ask for a yeast infection script. Along with the yeast infection script I took boric acid suppositories. So far I feel like I have possibly gotten rid of BV. I feel great. Took nearly almost three weeks since starting this treatment to get things under control. I would recommend SOLOSEC because I feel like it does have potential to help cure a BV infection."

Miserable Vagina (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "Do not under any circumstances be convinced by your doctor to take this medicine!!! Like others, I was gagging the entire time I was attempting to finish my pudding. I was also very light headed and nauseous afterwards. I had diarrhea for the rest of that day. I emailed the company to ensure that there were no other contraindications I should be aware of. I mean I felt terrible! It’s been longer than a week & they never got back to me. Obviously, I called my doctor that day, knowing Solosec reps wouldn’t reply ASAP. They told me to wait it out & call back if severe symptoms persisted. Okay sure. To my surprise they never replied at all. I continued having symptoms of upset stomach/nausea the next day. This is a new drug that’s being pushed to patients. I read the fine print stating that they have not ruled out carcinogenic effects. Lol wow. I always take the reviews of drugs I see online with a grain of salt. This time I didn’t even check the reviews, and I paid for it."

Melanie February 6, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I got a coupon for this so I only paid $25. I put it in yogurt and could hardly take it. The taste is so bad I almost threw up after every bite. It’s been about 6 days since I took the medication and I still have an awful taste in my mouth. I was nauseous for about 4 days and my head felt like it was in a fog for 5 days. I don’t know if it’s helped my BV yet but the side effects were so bad...(I seemed to experience them all) I will never take this drug again."

MrsG (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I used this medicine last week and the taste is horrible, the whole time taking this medication with yogurt I was gagging!! But I was desperate to get rid of this recurring BV so I finished it. Omg it was the worst experience I had. I never had any allergic reaction towards any medication but this was horrifying. I vomited all night for 6 hours with no stop until I was ready to go to the emergency room. It didn't work for me because I start throwing it up 5 hours after taking the medication."

A January 29, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This drug is extremely new, barely covered by any insurance and was pushed hard by my doctor. The taste is indescribably bad, which would not matter if it worked but it did not. I have no sensitivity to any drug and can use just about anything. I am not sure if this thing cured my BV since four days later, I'm going back to the doc so she can take care of every one of the first four listed side effects of the drug, too gross to mention here. It seems easier because it is one dose but it truly isn't worth it."

Liv (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I took this medicine mixed in cherry yogurt. It was absolutely disgusting but I was desperate . The taste is horrible and the yogurt didn’t mask the taste one bit. I got my prescription at Kroger pharmacy and they only charged me $25 which isn’t bad. I made sure to take it right before bed so I would sleep through any potential side effects. So far, I haven’t experienced any."

Sbbb (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "This medication was expensive as it was not covered by my insurance. I paid $75 with a coupon from my OBGYN. The taste was absolutely horrible. Unfortunately, this medication did not work at all! In fact, it made things much worse. I will try boric acid suppositories now."

Sodekesc November 8, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I have been struggling with BV for over 3 months now. I have lost a pregnancy at 13 weeks due to this infection. I have tried 5 rounds of different medications. I tried solosec and it did not cure the BV. It made me sick as a dog the whole day as well as a terrible taste in my mouth for about 3 days after."

Courtney (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2018