How do you take Solosec?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 30, 2020.
The entire contents of the Solosec packet should be sprinkled on applesauce, yogurt or pudding and consumed once within 30 minutes without chewing or crunching the granules. Solosec should not be dissolved in any liquid prior to administration.
Solosec (secnidazole), a 5-nitroimidazole, is available as oral granules for the single dose, 2 gram oral treatment of bacterial vaginosis in adult women.
Related Medical Questions
- Can I use Cipro to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- Solosec Information for Consumers
- Solosec Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Solosec (detailed)