Isotretinoin - Does accutane help to remove scars from old pimples?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 15, 2019.
Acne often gets worse around week 3 or 4 of treatment and lasts for several days. This is not a sign that the medicine isn't working! Real improvement is seen at around 6 weeks.
Ask your skin specialist about using make-up.
Treatments for previous scarring include dermabrasion, chemical peel or carbon dioxide laser ablation and should not be contemplated until at least 6-12 months after completing the course.
Related Medical Questions
- Accutane - I'm taking Acnotin 20 and have got many more pimples recently. Is this normal?
- How long after you stop taking Accutane will it still stay in your system and cause any problems?
- Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
- Can Kyleena cause acne?
- Tazorac Cream vs Gel: What's the difference?
- Does Tazorac help with acne scars?
- Can Tazorac and Differin be used together?