User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Granuloma Annulare

8.2

5 reviews
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 8.3 763 reviews

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My daughter started accutane at 14 years old after struggling with acne and self-confidence issues for years. She had moderate face acne but severe chest and back acne. She tried antibiotics, topicals and birth control. The birth control was mildly successfully but didn't treat her back. We made the decision to try accutane to get rid of her acne once and for all. I am writing this as a very nervous mom who was extremely worried about the side effects. I did not want her to do it but two dermatologists recommended and she was willing to make the commitment. In her 5 months on 60 mgs a day, the worst side effects were very chapped lips and dry skin. All her blood tests were fine but slightly inconvenient. Her results have been excellent. Her back and chest are completely clear with an occasional pimple on her face. 5 months after finishing, my daughter is beyond happy with her results. Do your homework, but if your dermatologist recommends, seriously consider it."

JJ April 13, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I had to stop taking isotretinoin after 3 months to save my relationship with my fiancé and myself. At first I was prescribed 60mg daily (F, 107-112lb, 25 yrs old), clinical depression and fatigue hit me. I mean, I dreaded taking showers because it was too much work! My doc lowered my dose to 50mg daily and I cried every single day for the next 2 months. The medication changed me completely. Anyways, I am so glad I got over my stubbornness to “stick it out for clear skin” for the sake of my mental health. I feel happy again! "

My experience April 8, 2018

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Right before my 49th birthday I finally gave in and decided to start taking this drug. I started breaking out when I turned 40 and I couldn't find a drug or diet to relieve the symptoms over the next 9 years. I was resistant to taking this drug due to the reported side effects. I started taking the medication in June of 2017 and I ended in December of 2017. The before and after pictues (June/December) tell the whole story. I only pray it does not come back."

July50me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was in my mid-20's when I took accutane after what seemed like, a lifetime of acne that wrecked my self esteem. I had tried everything else out there; creams, ointments, antibiotics, etc...nothing worked! As with any drug, there are side effects. I experienced very dry flaky skin on my face and lips, and yes, depression. I thought the depression was due to the flaky skin (not fun going to work with a lot of skin peeling off your face), but, turns out it was a side effect. I only took it for approximately two months and all acne was gone! For good! Here we are about 20 years later and it has never come back! I love my face now! If you can withstand the side effects, is the best drug for severe cystic acne."

AS (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Acne: "Isotretinoin is the best ever thing happen to me. Please give a try and don't worry about side effects because clear skin is worth more than little dry skin and chap lips"

Iffi (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Acne: "It's good tablet for nodular acne. Side effects: slowly lips will be dry after used this tablet. It is not major problem leave it few days then no problem"

Arun March 17, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started this drug because I suffered from acne my entire life. Tried countless medications from my doctor with nothing being successful. It wasn’t until I was 24 years old and after a year of studying this drug and contemplating it, I decided to take the plunge! The side effects suck. Extremely dry lips (like I’m talking can’t even talk without your lips being moisturized. Vaseline!),some chest pain, sore joints, heartburn (if accutane isn’t taken with food), dry nostrils, dry skin, eczema, very low endurance, painful bowel movement. (Yeah. I got it bad) BUT they are different for everyone, and it worked for me! If I had the choice to do it again knowing what I know now, I would,100%. It honestly renews your skin. Old acne scars I had for 8 years were gone! It does get worse before it gets better but is worth it! Only reason for my 9/10 is because the side effects would have been tough to deal with without support and encouragement. So make sure you have tons of that!Good luck!"

SW77 March 14, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane literally began working in a week. It was nearly a miracle. But it has super strange and horrible less known side effect: arthritis. Yes, being on this gives some women a temporary form of arthritis, especially in their hips. I've been on it for 3 months now, I haven't had dry skin, I use plenty of home-made moisturizers. My lips peel completely about 5 times a day which is painful and gross. And I'm in constant pain from my hips down. I have a less common form of arthritis already, but for 3 months my hip (just one) has been in CONSTANT agony. It's common for this pain, and it will go away after Accutane, and he suggested that I stop if the pain is so bad, but it's been working MIRACLES on my face so I didn't want to stop now, just for the acne to come back. I'm on 40mg a day, that's only about half of what I should be taking for my body weight (the miligrams you should take is related to how much you weight). It's even helping my scarring and discoloration."

dawn19825 March 11, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Four years ago I took Accutane for 5months. It worked for my horrible acne and I haven't had any breakouts since, but shortly after taking it I had side effects of hair loss and ingrown toenails to the point it was 1/2inch ingrown. Now four years later I continue to have ingrown toenails, I've had the surgically removed at least twice a year. It seems to be never ending."

Bailey March 11, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane has worked very well for me. Going in on month two soon and have seen amazing results. Before taking this I had very bad acne on my chin and neck area. One month in and almost all of it is gone. The only side affects I have had are dry skin and chapped lips. But I knew this may happen."

Matt90 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018

For Acne: "Life changing medicine really helped my face a lot."

Anonymous March 7, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Everyone is different, whilst it is a good idea to do the research don’t let it stop you. My mum put it off for a while because I’m a teenager and she was worried about the whole “depression” side of things - yet again everyone reacts differently to the drug. So just some reassurance to parents out there, acne is depressing in itself, giving your kid the chance to be able to have good skin personally I think is the best thing to do! Has worked insanely good!"

taz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 5, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane was probably the best thing I've done so far in my life. I had heard awful things about the drug and people's experiences just didn't sound pleasant so I was rather worried. Thankfully I blocked out everything I read online and decided to try it for myself. The first few months I was confused because yes my skin was dry but nothing like people had been saying. I had a few aches and pains in my body which were annoying but nothing that stop me doing my day to day tasks. I also felt a bit more tired than normal but again, nothing crazy. At month 3 my skin was worse than ever, very dry and very very raw. This was the worst thing about the drug is that it gets worse before it gets better. Hang on in there, things change. From that point it started improving like never before. My advice is to not read negative reviews. Everyone has a different experience it so don't be put off. However, the drug does come with side effects you should be aware of. Just take caution."

Olivia March 4, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started taking this in the summer of 2016 and it worked very well at removing my severe acne after about 6 months. But during this time I started feeling very low and anxious, and gave me depression and anxiety and had to leave university because of this. It worked wonders on my skin, despite not completing the full course, but I would truly truly urge anyone to be very aware of this drugs side effects and to stop taking it if they begin to feel similar to how I did."

person March 1, 2018

For Acne: "I truly works. I was prescribed this by my dermatologist to take isotretinoin-20 for 2 months continuously, and my skin cleared up well. Not only my acne but even the acne pores and scares completely got reduced."

Nike February 28, 2018

For Rosacea: "Low dose for rosacea works better than anything else. I have minimal side effects - some dry lips and that’s about it. Nothing else but isotretinoin has worked. I have been on low dose got over 10 years. High dose will make flushing worse so I recommend low dose (10mg every other day)."

Jasmine February 28, 2018

For Acne: "I have acne for 6 years. I tried many creams but it does not work. I take isotretinoin tablet for 1 month. Now I don't have acne even my small scars are gone. The tablet name is Aclear and I use clindamycin cream"

Nirmal February 27, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have just started my 50MG prescription today - I am 28 and have suffered acne since I was 12, my skin is quite badly damaged from it, so here's hoping this works - I have read mixed side affects, feel weary but after years of acne and damaged skin, I think it's worth the try at least as there is more positive stories than negative "

Stacey (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I finished my accutane treatment but the effects last forever for me. Now I have permanent dry eyes, skin, and sore muscles. I have to take supplements everyday and eye drops like retasis every day for the rest of my life!"

Kendra0010 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started getting really severe acne around 7th grade and tried everything: topicals, antibiotics, natural remedies, etc. no matter what I did my acne wouldn’t go away. When I got to 9th grade, it was so bad that I couldn’t even look people in the eyes anymore- my acne completely destroyed my self confidence. Finally my dermatologist recommended accutane, and it was fantastic. I dealt with very dry skin and lots of sensitivity, but the ability to be confident in your own skin was worth so much more. Buy the end of the 6 months, my skin was absolutely clear for 3 years. Unfortunately I had a flare up in November that has transformed into a massive ordeal. I will be going through accutane a second time and hopefully it sticks for good! Great skin is a blessing, and I now know I took it for granted when I had it."

Claire416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My problem is that they give you this after they make you spend a lot of money and other medicines that you don't need just so they can get some kickbacks from drug company's. I have almost zero respect for a lot of doctors out there. Every single person I know that has tried this drug it's worked on but they won't give it to you until after you tried a million and one other topical meds that are useless"

prevayl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

For Acne: "I think my eyelids become thicker and I developed double chin and my neck shows folds"

Bebobobo February 10, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "This drug almost killed me, it made my acne go away perfectly but after the 3rd month I was forced to go off of it because I ended up in a very dark place. Don’t use if depression is in your genes"

Sjenen sdSierra January 21, 2018

For Acne: "I am taking Curacne (a brand of isotretionoin) and 2 months left to finish the course of 6 months. I am happy because my pores became smaller my skin is very clean now my acne disappeared from the first month but the there still pigmentation on my both cheeks but I am really pleased with the result. Only the first week was hard and now I am used to it . What I mean by hard is that my skin became extremely sensitive to any fabric and towels. My lips up until now have been very dry but due to the great result it is still worth taking."

Daneil95 January 19, 2018

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've struggled with acne since probably age 12/13 and now I am 20 years old. Accutane is a miracle drug. I was very skeptical at first, but I'm telling you it is WORTH IT. I had the mild side effects like very dry skin on my arms, legs, and chapped lips. But they weren't as bad as it seemed and it was kept under control by sensitive moisturizer and lotion. Aquaphor for the lips was awesome! First two months my acne got a little worse and then boom by month three I was seeing major improvements. Month four and five I was reaching to almost clear skin! Now I am on my last month (6) and my acne is gone. No pimples. I actually feel confident in my skin now. My experience was great and I definitely recommend. Give it a try!"

KassidyB January 19, 2018