User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Acne
8.2

Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 8.2 823 reviews

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I honestly can’t explain how much accutane has changed my life for the better. I know side effects can be worse on certain people than others, but if acne gets you down, makes you feel worthless and affects your day to day living, accurate honestly solves it. It’s not guaranteed forever, but I’m a new person thanks to it, I couldn’t be more grateful."

Sky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane has been a great for my skin as I struggled with mild acne from the age of 12-18 years old. When I hit college, my skin became extremely oily and my small pimples became deep cysts. I saw a dermalogist and was put on Differin and also Duac. I went through several courses of antibiotics without ever getting fully clear skin. My derm told me that accutane was the next step. The only bad side effects I had besides the dry skin and dry lips was some pretty horrendous headaches at the beginning. My derm made me take a week off taking the and them headaches never returned. Besides that, my accutane course was great and my blood work was just fine. Before accutane I was too embarrassed to be seen by anyone including family without make up on. Now I can leave my house with no make up. This is true freedom, my skin is now JUST skin and I can look people in the eye and not worry about them staring at a huge cyst on my face. I wish I had done this ten years ago!"

Jen May 13, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Make sure you have BLOOD TESTS RUN OFTEN!"

check (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

For Acne: "I've been on Accutane for 5 and a half months, and currently am feeling the worst I ever have. My skin has become progressively worse while on Accutane and is the worst it's ever been, which has completely destroyed my self esteem, while in terms of side effects, I experience dry skin and lips, while also having very low energy levels throughout the day"

hhhhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2019

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started using Claravis 5 months ago and I am disappointed with the results. My acne looks completely the same, I break out everywhere on my body with painful cysts which I was told would only last during the “purging period”. I started with 20mg two times a day for month 1, then 30mg two times a day for months 2 and 3, then 40mg 2 times a day for month 4. That is when I was expecting to be completely clear since mostly everyone is by that time but wrong. Now I’m taking three 30mg pills everyday starting month 5. It has been painful seeing everyone else with great results in shorts amount of time and I’ve completely lost hope just really taking it for the heck of it at this point. I would not recommend this if you want to be sitting around wasting time."

Jerry (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Not gonna lie, this drug is painful. So many side effects. I'm in my 6th and hopefully final month today. I have experienced dry lips and skin, extreme eye irritation, headaches, bad scarring, and oddly enough abnormal hair growth. I think because the cells are turning over at a faster rate, the hair follicle is too. Therefore I am a hairy beast now. . YAY. It was not like this before accutane. It has mostly cleared up my acne, but the purge was so bad that it brought everything to the surface and now I have dents and bad hyper-pigmentation from pimples that I didn't even have before accutane. It looks pretty bad. I still get pimples too. Which stinks, but I guess at least it's not cystic ones anymore. I cannot wait to get off this medicine. I guess it works for huge cystic acne, but it was not for me. Also it was expensive. And I had pharmacy and ipledge trouble every time I tried to retrieve the medicine."

Elise May 3, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "There are many times I've used the word "acne" as an enduring burden, but its been something that I will never forget.It was 7th grade when it got bad and I beat myself up that it was my fault I looked a certain way, that people blazingly stared at me, and that I wasn't enough for my peers or myself in my appearance. My mom then took me to the dermatologist and although we went through many prescriptions, none seemed to provide the right solution, except finally after 3 years Accutane the acne was done. I hope that whoever is reading right now first knows that YOU aren't alone and that it is necessary to have someone who can help you through it. Accutane has several side effects (one of them is depression); but, if you write a diary or just remember that YOU'RE beautiful in every single way and that this is temporary, then you will expect some CRAZY miracles. I'm glad I went through this, because it has made powerful growth in my life. I wish the best to all of you on this journey!"

my_name May 1, 2019

For Acne: "Its been only 20 days since I started the treatment, my acne has decreased but my face is dry, my lips are cracked so I need to use moisturizer several times a day. I experienced a headache twice followed by vomiting. I started to have joints pain (back and knees), my hair loss is increasing, it's supposed to be a 6 months treatment but I believe I will only try for a 2-3 months"

Tee (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Acne has been apart of my life for almost 8 years now. There has never been a day where I did not at least have one break out. So, I finally decided to jump into isotretinoin (40mg) twice daily after trying antibiotics and multiple topical that did not help. My acne has for the most part cleared with one break out in my 6 month of treatment. Although, the side effects are brutal. I am talking peeling layer of skin of my lips daily while using medicated chapstick the entire duration of treatment. I am talking bloody noses and dried scabs from constant bleeding. I am getting my nose cauterized because of how easily my blood vessels break from the repeated dryness. My eyes hurt after looking at classwork or the computer for an hour. The last big side effect was dry eczema on my arms. All I can say is I am glad to be completing treatment. Although everyone seems to react different so please understand my side effects may not equal yours."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 31, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I’ve only been on accutane for a month or so now and plan on updating this once I’ve finished the whole 6 months but... so far I’ve seen a bigggg difference in my skin. I’ve had severe acne for the past 2 years and was on doxycycline before accutane and my face has calmed down a lot, no active acne really mostly scars as of now. I was expecting a big break out (still could happen). The side effects I have gotten are dry skin but it’s not flakey or anything. My lips on the other hand oh my god stock up on chapstick before starting this! very dry and the corners of my mouth have cracked and it is pretty uncomfortable but nothing I can’t handle. If your considering going on accutane I’d recomend it in such a short period of time my skins cleared up drastically it’s amazing. (it’s not the same for everyone)"

oky March 18, 2019

Myorisan (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Prescribed Myorisan 40 milligrams twice a day for 7 months and I am done with my treatment with an acne free and the best skin I’ve ever had. The oil production in my face is normal and all side effects have stopped and I have been off the drug for two weeks. Treatment is tough at first but worth the outcome, do not stop as it gets worse before it gets better , just don’t let that discourage you. Dryness, body aches, is only temporary. Drink lots of water all day, will help so much!"

Texasgirl1982 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 15, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was on accutane (roaccutane in Australia) for a year and finished 2 years ago. The tablets were 10mg, I started on 1 every other day for a month, then 1 a day for two months, then 2 a day for six months, back down to 1 a day for two months and then 1 every other day again for the last month. I had an amazing experience, my skin completely cleared up and still is apart from the occasional hormonal pimple. I experienced pretty much no side effects, I had quite oily skin before so my skin pretty much went to normal/slightly dry, nothing severe like flaky peeling skin or anything like that, I just put on my face cream morning and night and there were no issues. As for my lips, they were slightly dry but nothing some lip balm wouldn’t fix, never once did they peel or crack and bleed as I’ve heard from some people. Accutane was the best thing I ever did for my skin and I would do it all over again if I needed to!"

Taylor March 13, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Reading all these horror stories from those who took this medication, I can see how they would scare someone off considering to take Accutane. Speaking as someone who suffered from severe acne in highschool I KNOW the emotional toll it has a persons self esteem. I took accutane for a total of 6 months and to say it has been a LIFE SAVER would be an understatement. 2 years later and no crazy side effects, or third arm growing. These days I get nothing less than a single pimple every now and again. This medication is a life saver if you can take it!"

joy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Starting off, I just want to say that there is A LOT of bad stigma around accutane and most of it is NOT True. Anyways, I was always very timid about accutane as well were my parents were really against it. I'm sure if you're reading this, you've heard some horror stories about this medication. A point to consider is that Accutane most likely does not cause Depression (unless you have a history of mental health issues) in most people. However, having cystic acne can be really hard on people. I felt no fluctuation in my mood, and it honestly changed my life. If you're reading this, you most likely have bad acne. It's important to consider all your options before trying this heavy-hitting drug. It should be only used as a last resort. Spending Hundreds of dollars on BS face creams that don't work, it was really nice to find something that actually worked. Please consult with a professional and don't take advice from Random People on the internet. See if it is right for you. Thanks!"

Sade (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "If you are googling accutane and reading this please be open minded about the medication. My biggest problem was I googled everything before taking it and had my funeral planned. For me accutane has been a life changer!!! I’ve had none of the side effects or anything I read or heard was even true. I didn’t break out more, never got depressed, bones didn’t hurt none of the above! Only clear skin and some dry lips at times. I took 60mg daily for 4 months. I’m 5 foot 105 lbs... they base it off weight. My dermatologist had me try everything under the sun and nothing worked but this. She swore by it and told me 1% of people get all those gnarly side effects and to try it and worse case scenario you stop taking it and we explore other options. I’m telling you, try it!!!! Be open minded and grateful that there is something out there for us pimple oil heads."

Ally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My sophomore and junior year of high school, I took Accutane for the 6 month period. I took it again my freshman year of college, but for a shorter period of time. My skin was excessively dry, I experienced frequent nosebleeds, and my lips were appalling. As a result of taking Accutane for a total of around 15 months, my health changed and so did my confidence. They warn you of potential side effects, but they refuse to discuss healthier alternatives with you until it’s too late. As a result of this medication, I now experience GI distress and symptoms of Irritible Bowel Syndrome (IBS). I am 20 years old, and I firmly believe this medication is the cause. Despite making lifestyle changes, I still experience horrible episodes of constipation, and my acne has come back worse than before. My confidence is lower, and sometimes I feel hopeless. I am writing this review because I feel passionate about encouraging those considering Accutane not to go through with it. It’s not worth it!"

Liz February 20, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Before starting this medication I had struggled with acne for years, had a history of depression in my teens, had no back pain or joint pain, and I had a full head of hair. Month 1 dry lips and my acne got much worse. By month 3 the body/ joint pain started. Month 5 I was taking Tylenol 4 times a day everyday for back pain and every joint in my body was popping and crunching. Acne never fully cleared. Month 2 off of it and my acne started coming back and my hair started falling out. I'm 5 months off now. My hair is STILL falling out and none of my doctors can tell me if/ when it will stop or if it will grow back. My back still hurts every joint in my body pops and is sore and my knees and shoulders crunch with minimal movement. I haven't been myself in 8 months, always angry and depressed. If I had known in order to have mostly clear skin all I had to sacrifice was half the hair on my head, my personality, and my back and joints I would not have done it."

autumnanjil February 13, 2019

For Acne: "So far I am on month 3 of treatment. My boobs are HUGE. I have gained about lbs, I have NO sex drive, I am very irritable, and my depression is worse than ever. Doctor is worried about my kidney function right now but all in all.... my face looks great. I am using a redness and dark spot lotion to start helping with that from Clinique. I would recommend this medication but do your research first."

zaney (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "yeah this thing is rubbish, first of all it can give you depression (which I had before taking this, and it made it worse). Also my acne is still fondly growing on my face and I'm pretty sure it made it worse. I'm starting to get small zits but also very big cysts that are developing under the skin, it's like a you could do a mountain bike race on my face, I also have acne on my chest and back, So all accutane is doing is drying my lips instead of doing the thing it's supposed to."

Dick Warlock (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2019

For Acne: "My daughter has had bad acne since she was 10. We had tried absolutely everything. The dermatologist recently suggested accutane and after a ton of research, I decided we needed to try it as long as we monitored her closely. We are heading into month 3 with no side effects except a little bit of dry lips. Her face already looks great and she is so happy because she was exhausted trying all of the other medicines that NEVER worked. There are so many bad reviews out there, that I wanted to share a positive one."

A (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

Myorisan (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started taking isotretinoin 5 months ago and I just recently finished it. My acne was bad when I started taking it and it has only gotten worse. I have been finished with my medicine for 2 weeks and my entire face is covered with acne. I put my skin through hell just for it to get worse. I’m extremely mad and NOBODY should ever take this medicine EVER. It shouldn’t be allowed."

lboyd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Accutane changed my life. I am 24 and have had acne since age 11, first on my back and then in high school it spread all over my face. It was debilitating and people looked at my skin rather than me. I felt terrible and invisible. Accutane works by preventing your oil glands from producing oil. My face was dry but people started looking at me for me! My skin cleared right up and literally have had only minor problems since. My boyfriend also went on accutane and had a different experience altogether. He was very depressed, had hallucinations, etc. He's also the type that needs to turn the lights off for two hrs before bed and if he drinks coffee at 3 pm he'll stay up until 1 am because of it. His body is very sensitive and yet his sisters had a great experience with the drug. Two years later he still thinks his life is changed because of the two weeks he spent on accutane. I know I would take depression and anxiety any day over how crappy I felt with my acne."

G M January 20, 2019

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My son is 16, he has experienced severe acne for several years. We tried antibiotics, unsuccessfully. One month using this medication, he stated, "This is life changing!""

Anonymous January 12, 2019

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was concerned about taking this drug because of the dermatologists "over cautious" warning against it, especially the video they played with the never ending list of harmful side effects its been known to cause individuals. Everything I've every heard about accutane has scared me away from it. However, I wished I tried it sooner. Like most people that suffer from acne, I have tried antibiotics, Clindamycin, Tretinoin, and basically every cleanser known to man. None of it did anything to improve my acne but, this stuff, this stuff works! It is the only thing that works. I wish I tried it sooner..."

Anonymous January 3, 2019

For Acne: "Side effects are worse than the acne. If you want to go bald use isotretinoin. the higher the dose, the higher balding rate."

Rushi (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018