User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acne 665 reviews 537 medications

8.4
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 676 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Isotretinoin

For Acne: "I just turned 22 and I took a course of Clarus back in high school when I was 15/16. In terms of REDUCING acne it worked very well. I used to have severe acne with large cysts mainly on my back and face. To this day I still get acne, occasionally small-medium cysts, so it didn't make me acne free. This medication can be very destructive to some, including myself in that It made me very depressed throughout high school and up until maybe a year or two ago. I have chronic dry nose problems, often blood in my kleenex due to this. I'm also left with permanent scars all along my face and back from how severe the swelling is in the first few months. Overall it got rid of my bad acne but left me with horrible side effects that Im left to deal with"

danny19273 May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Miracle. Period. I had ZERO side effects and I feel so much better I can't even describe the feeling of relief. This medicine literally saved my life and I would take it again. I wish I could take it every day because it made my skin look AMAZING. I haven't had a SINGLE pimple or cyst since I finished this. I used to have cysts so huge they would turn my skin purple. I have horrendous scars all over my face from the damage. But now? It's getting better and I feel like a new person. Thank you!"

ChaseAdamz96 May 10, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've suffered from moderate to severe acne since I was 12 and am now 23 almost 24. I tried everything under the sun and some things temporarily helped but most did not. After about 4 years on no specific treatment, I had enough and my dermatologist recommended this medication. I've only been on it for a week but WOW! The results have already begun, I'm getting compliments on how my skin looks clearer and smoother already. The only side effects so far would be dry skin and lips but I carry Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer and DR.Dan's cortibalm. Both have been amazing and I don't even notice the dryness honestly. Highly recommend trying this medication. Fingers crossed things only get better from here."

Massholewithclass May 9, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I want to thank the people responsible for the creation and distribution of this product! I am so so so happy and satisfied. I want to share my story with the world. I want to show my pictures of my results to everyone! This products is a true blessing and I do not regret taking a single pill. My skin looks fabulous! Thank you!"

SharneO1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was so scared to take Accutane due to all of the experiences with initial breakouts and dry lips/skin. I've just began my third month and could not be happier. After the first month, I had stopped getting active acne and from then on, my skin has just been post-inflammatory acne scars that get less red day by day. My skin is no where near perfect, but the difference between what it is now and what it was pre-accutane is EXTRAORDINARY. I thankfully experienced no initial breakout. In fact, after just a week my skin had started clearing. My skin has not been dry at all- I've had no problems with dry lips or dry skin (I do apply aquafor generously throughout the day and moisturize twice a day) My treatment is Absorbica 40mg daily"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Helped with acne, although not the "miracle" we hoped for. However, he did experience severe psych issues at month #4. A college kid with absolutely no previous psych issues , became very depressed. No specific incidents or issues occurred, just a depression over nothing. Tears and sadness with no links to anything. Couldn't eat or sleep.We immediately stopped."

BW Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have cystic acne that started January 2017. After 2 rounds of different antibiotics, on March 27, 2017, I finally was started isotretinoin. For 2 weeks, my cystic acne looked the same, bleeding, oozing with pus. By the 3rd week, I had few episodes of nose bleeding. I had to carry packs of wet wipes around. At the end of 3rd week, the pus disappeared & about 1/4 cleared. By 4th week, scabs have formed with no bleeding nor pus. Just redness & scabs. I have 5 more months to go. Moisturize. Moisturize."

KPAC1 April 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've had horrible cyst acne for years started taking accutane 3 months ago am completely clear now. Bad points joint pain dry skin and lips Get yourself blistex relief cream works wonders for your lips"

Mellor99 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I had acne breakout since I was 13 and I started the medicine at the age or 23. In the six month process I had 10 mg to 50 mg intake which gradually was increased per month by my dermatologist...I would advise to take the medicine in guidelines of a doctor as he will help to minimize the side effects of the drug also will fix the maximum dose depending on the condition of the skin....I myself don't have any side effects at all only dry lips...But a good lip balm helped me through"

Dr.amber (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have had acne since I was 13. It has severely affected my life and has always given me zero confidence. I am now 57 and have tried every antibiotic, facial treatments, creams, washes that are out there. Finally I went to a dermatologist that actually heard me and how upset I was and put me on Claravis. The first three weeks the medication is pushing everything out of your pores - so you do have to go through that. After the third week my skin became entirely CLEAR! I was amazed and sooo happy. It has stayed clear ever since and I am one month off of it - I was on it for 5 months. The only side effect I had was extremely dry lips, nosebleeds and dry skin. It has changed my life! Wish someone had put me on it when I was 15. Try It!"

better57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "stuff sucks for the 1st 4 months but after the 6th month I went from 50 pimples to 0, been off of it for a year and maybe one odd break out a month .. dry lips,dry eyes and stay out of the sun"

adam33 April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "In the sense of clearing skin, yes it did amazing, Almost to good to be true. I honestly told everyone about it. I took it for 6 months, Later that year I self harmed for the first time, this continued for years after taking Accutane I've suffered from depression, my weight starting changing dramatically I went from almost 200 to just just below 100 back up to 170 in a short amount of time. Around that time I was checked into an eating disorder center. The depression plus eating issues and lack of energy I looked for another way to be okay, I started on street drugs to control my depression, before Accutane I was such a happy guy, I know it's discounted, and for good reason too I just thought people might be able to relate."

Stevieaz91gmail.com (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Let me start off by saying - this drug works. For most, if not all of middle/high school, I had very bad acne that was resistant to doxycycline, minocycline, proactiv, Murad, benzoyl peroxide, salycilic acid, and all the wipes I could get my hands on. You more than likely will be free from acne at least for a few years after treatment, and it's absolutely wonderful! Being able to walk around without having to check mirrors for a new red/white bump on your face is as great as you think it will is. Unfortunately all this comes at a cost, which is why they're so serious and cautious when giving it to you. They still don't know exactly how it works - only that it's permanent. It doesn't just affect your acne it affects your entire body."

Jon75438 April 14, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My Son started this medicine in September of 2016.. He just finished his lost dose last month and I am very please with results. It was a process but well worth it! I would highly recommend other teens take the medicine. His acne was very very bad. But NOT anymore!"

Ms.Douglas April 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My face was horrendous before I used (ro)Accutane, to the point I couldn't see out of my left eye due to the level of spots/boils I had swelling up and becoming one. I noticed a difference on Accutane after a month or so, but the real improvements start after approximately 2 months depending on how bad you have it (mine was really bad and aggressive). I would definitely recommend reading the book of side effects you are given, I am "lucky" as I only really suffered with depression, which as most of us know you do so if you have acne anyway. One recommendation is not going in direct sun light until a month or so after finishing the treatment, and finding a very good face and lip moisturiser and these 2 parts will become very very dry!"

UKmale April 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "These will mess you up. I stopped after a round of treatment because my life was falling apart around me, I couldn't get up out of bed and was severely depressed and agoraphobic. Years after taking them, I still don't feel myself and wish I had never taken these."

Hijinks April 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have had mild acne my entire life. I'm 33 years old and after trying everything finally tried Claravis. The first few months the acne was worse. The following 3 months I would have my normal breakouts. Finally after 6 or 7 months I just stopped breaking out and haven't had one pimple since. I'm on my last week of the meds and am sooo happy! The dry lips sucked I kept chapstick on every room of the house at work and in the car but still so worth it to not have to feel the need to load makeup on my face before I leave the house! My advice to everybody is to give it at least six or seven months before you get discouraged and stop taking it!"

Jillianzink123 March 30, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Currently on accutane 40mg and just completed a little over three weeks. Feeling confident that it will get better the more I progress, but unfortunately having some pretty annoying side effects in the process. Accutane has made my roots dry (which is kinda good because I don't need to wash as often) but led me to have dandruff. I also get nosebleeds and currently experiencing worst blackhead breakouts I've ever had on my nose, cheeks, forehead and chin. Before accutane blackheads is what I had the least of and now they are taking over. I started this because back acne and as of right now I see no improvement which is fine because it's been a short while. I can't wait till I reach the end of this road already though."

NicoleeeXx March 30, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I took Accutane 10mg for 8 months and the mood was just ups and downs. During the first 2 months nothing happened to my skin, no breakouts just chapped lips and I thought I'm the special one with no "breakouts". Unfortunately, during my 3 month, I had 10 cyst breakouts every month. It definitely made me lose myself as I'm experiencing different results from others. I felt miserably everyday and time passed so slow. Hence, I just accept my fate and continued taking until month 7 where my acne finally stopped breaking out. I felt so happy and nervous at the same time thinking I might breakout anytime soon but it did not. Now my skin has improved a lot.. although I still having small pimple like 1-2 a month. Trust me It still worth it !"

Your Nickname March 30, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have had bad Cystic acne since middle school, When I was 15 in 2009 my Dermo put me on accutane, Loved! About 6 years later my acne has retuned with a vengance. I tried other medications these past two years and nothing worked. So i dicided to do another round of Accutane. I started March first 2017 and 30 days later my face is about half way clear already! I just a moisturized didnt wor so i use a combination of coconut oil before bed, and then cle patra oil in the morning. The flakeness of my face is ver minimal now. Super dry lips, using vasline every 2 hours helps! Other than that no cpmplaints. LOVE THIS DRUG!"

NomoreJosieGrosie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Mild to moderate persistent acne. Male, 20s. Get prescribed this drug. Almost completely cleared up. Dry skin is my only side effect. First month takes some getting used to with bringing lotion/chapstick with you places. First 3 weeks is kind of fun watching everything get pushed out of your skin. I was hesitant after horror stories but you'd be wrong not to try it."

Rich_2 March 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I haves struggled with acne since high school. I admit, it wasn't as severe as other cases. I occasionally had cysts, which I would cover with bandaids because I was too embarrassed. Over the years, my skin has been more clear but it's never really gone away. I'm currently in my sixth month of accutane. I think at this point, I was expecting more of a drastic change but haven't noticed a huge difference... yet. It's starting to kick in now though. The only side effects I have encountered are the dry lips, and the sweaty upper lip and eyebrows. The hardest part was the short time frame between lab work and getting the pills. More expensive than we anticipated, just in trying to order it. Stressful, but overall, better results than before."

Yelah (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Started off 20 mg for the first two months not on 40 mg, still having break outs but acne has been less cystic. Side effects so far are dry lips, hair loss, dry scabby skin on top of hands, and some mild mood swings. I still work out 5 days a week and have not lost my energy. I rated the medication at an 8 cause it is working but not fully, I am just being patient but I can see results occurring. I used pure coconut oil on my face and I love it. I usually reapply twice a day because my skin soaks it up for being drier than usual and aquaphor for lips/hands."

Almost 3 months into the pills (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I've had very bad back and butt acne for 14 years.I have always put off taking accutane as I heard of the horrible side effects. I went to the doctor for a bad spot of acne that needed to be cut open. He said I have to go on accutane and explained the side effects. Lets do it cause I can't carry on like this any more.The pain ,the bleeding and the fact I haven't taken my shirt off in public for 14 years. I was very worried about taking it. Started in December 2016. I've been on it for 4 months already and its made a huge difference to my back and butt. My butt is taking a bit longer and that was explained to me before taking it. I have had very little break out on my back and its almost cleared. thou I have dry skin and very dry lips so far but worth it."

Calvinaccutane March 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I used this in High School back in 2003 and I haven't suffered more then a zit on my face a year."

STP_David (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017