User Reviews for Isotretinoin

Also known as: Absorica, Accutane, Amnesteem, Claravis, Myorisan, Sotret, Zenatane

Learn more about Isotretinoin.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acne 699 reviews 504 medications

8.3
Summary of Isotretinoin reviews 711 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Isotretinoin

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Best experience ever. Is this how the normal population lives? For the first time in my life my skin isn't greasy and my hair isn't oily. I would have to wash my hair everyday and it was always frizzy. I wash my hair once a week now and I don't even bother wearing makeup. I will be so sad to return to my old greasy self. I take 30mg 2x a day. I was religious about everything for the first 2 months until I went a little crazy. It was summer and I was miserable with the sun rash and being itchy. After that I would cut back to 1 a day when it got too itchy and too dry. I would love to take 2 pills a week forever!"

Rebezim (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "The drug is no doubt very effective in clearing acne . But you cannot avoid the 2nd time break outs which may come after 2-3 years and that will be the worst break out because accutane lowers your immunity and it cannot fight against the breakouts next time. Also accutane has got lots of side effects and it risks your life to lots of health issues and it can destroy your life forever. It is the worst drug ever to have. I urge to people who are reading this review to please not to consume this drug and please warn your friends, relatives, near and dear ones not to consume this drug. Your life is more important than anything else. If you want to survive and have a healthy life . "

Maitrayee September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "My acne was cleared. Extreme depression began."

tc2213 September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I didn't get acne until I was 18 and did every diet, cleanser, spot treatment out there for about 6 years. I ended up SO depressed with horrible hormonal acne on my chin/chest and was losing the battle. I was always against accutane because the horrible side effects associated with it. My chest cleared up by the first month. The results are AMAZING and I finally feel like I'm thriving rather than hiding behind thick coats of makeup and high cut shirts. So, its a really complicated process to even start the whole accutane journey. You have to get your blood drawn once a month and women HAVE to be on birth control. Its very expensive and your skin will completely dry out but worth it. Drink lots of water, eat healthy & aquaphor. WORTH IT!!!"

Fwwwwwww (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Hey guys, I just got on accutane after 3 years of cystic, red dot acne on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. My acne isn't severe, but it's enough to make me lose confidence in my appearance. I tried everything (benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, oral medication, tazarotene, washing face regularly, etc.) but it never led to long term improvement. Only the benzoyl peroxide provided temporary improvement but never really got my face to where I wanted it to be: 100% clear from my acne. I have been taking accutane for 8 days now and I can see that my face is already improving. I have not experienced any major side effects yet. However, can feel my lips are starting to get dry, but I have Aquaphor to take care of that. So far so good!"

Gucci 'tane (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Medication works great! But I got severe joint pain all over my body especially on my feet! It got soo bad I couldn't walk! I had no choice but to stop I only took it for 1-1/2 months. It's been 3 months since I've stopped taking it and my feet are back to normal I can walk again! And I haven't had an acne breakout yet!"

Eaea September 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Rosacea: "I'm 70 years old with rosacea; redness, tiny white bumps, pimples that just don't clear up. To take a step back, I was on Accutance for over 10 years, starting in 2002, with adult acne issues and it helped clear up the condition and improve my life. Now I have this rosacea condition; very depressing. Just started to take 10mg Accutane 2 days ago and condition is worse already. Going to stick with Accutane as I did in the past and hopefully it will help me once again! My best to all who suffer with rosacea!"

RichZahava September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "The drug is honestly a hit or miss. It worked wonders for my brother who had severe acne; he has had only a few pimples since his first and only cycle ended over a year ago. However, I did not have such results. My face was clear for about 2 months following my first treatment and then it turned briskly into a battlefield again. I am now on my second cycle, at month 3, and acne is still everywhere. It's a cursed life, my friends."

LordForthwind August 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Contrary to what a subject said , claiming this medicine got him depressed, I would say that my life BEFORE it was of depression, loneliness, extremely low self-esteem and self-worth. After I started taking it, my hopes were raised up. The results were amazing just after one month. Unfortunately I had to redo the treatment. Today I still take one box or two now and then. Had it not been for this medicine, my face skin would be now badly damaged and I'd still be covered in grade 3 and even grade 4 acne. My life, I don't even want to think about what it would be like now if I hadn't done these treatments. I do recommend Roacutan. Endure the side effects no matter how harsh they may be in your body. It will pay off eventually."

RobertoBrasil August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Going on isotretinoin is a hard choice—there is the possibility of rare but seriously harmful side effects. BUT acne was affecting my life and social outings severely. Fortunately, the only side effect I've experienced is extremely chapped lips/skin, besides purging at the start. One day without some sort of lip ointment (I recommend the godsend known as Aquaphor) and your lips are flakier than a croissant. On my 5th month now and my skin looks amazing (I have no bumps/pustules, just some hyperpigmented spots). Even though there’s still time for things to go south, I just wanted to chime in my positive experience. For me, it has been 110% worth it. All I can say is don’t feel pressured into taking isotretinoin, but you shouldn’t be afraid to try it."

Grateful for this drug (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I've taken this medicine 3 yrs before, completed the course and I was free of acne as well. But again I'm suffering now!!! What can I do now?? "

Koyee_krish August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Zenatane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I started getting acne as soon as I hit puberty(age 12, 6th grade). My acne continued to get worse all throughout middle school. I went to see a dermatologist and he prescribed me many prescriptions that would work for a little while but acne would come right back. Fast forward to age 23 I have the same derm since I was 12. He prescribed me accutane as a last resort. Although I did not like it for the 6 months I was on it b/c of the dryness it caused, I love that my skin has finally been acne free/blemish free. I stopped taking accutane in Jan 2017. I'm just hoping I don't have to go through that acne stage that I had in middle school ever again. Cons is that I still have dryness/eczema on hands kinda hard to get rid of that :/"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "Okay, first off I will say that this medication is not (at least for me) an instant cure. It's a process, and in the meantime it's a very hard process. While checking your face every day for results you will experience: dryness in your face, hands, lips, eyes, nose (which causes nosebleeds let me tell you), your makeup will not sit right on your face so don't even bother wearing any, you will break out worse at first before you start to see it clearing up, you will feel like it isn't working, you'll get upset, want to stop, but then- when your six months are almost up it's like your skin is perfect. I went from severe, cystic acne - to not having even one zit on my face. I can finally go without makeup for once in my life."

BriannaZalew August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "This medicine nearly finished with my life. I got so depressed and lost and the experience was horrendous! Do not take this medicine - your skin will improve but believe me it will cause you severe depression and mental illness. Is not worthy! Trust me. You become completely severely depressed."

Is no worthy!! (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I had severe acne when I was in my early teens, I tried different types of antibiotics, retin A, duac and more before finally trying Accutane. I started taking it at 15 years old and was on 40 mg for seven months . It was a MIRACLE. My skin was 100% clear after one month and after seven months scarring was gone too. My skin stayed PERFECT for five years! Around 6 months ago acne started coming back though nothing like what it was before. I am now on my second day of 10mg of accutane since I have very very mild acne. I am so used to perfect skin that even the tiniest pimple can really upset me. Either way accutane changed my life. Highly recommend!!!!!"

Danielle1210020 August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I'm a male and about as soon as I hit puberty (around 11-12) I got the full force of whiteheads on my forehead. It was terrible. I was self-conscious and confidence deprived. I started using Proactive, which didn't work and it irritated my skin very bad. My forehead acne gradually went away on its own though, but another hurdle arose; it returned everywhere else on my face. This problem would stay until I was 16. Throughout those years I was prescribed different meds like Solodyn & Doryx, which didn't really do anything for me. The summer of 2017 I went to the derm to be prescribed Accutane. I'm just left with a little hyperpigmentation. Only real side-effect is very dry lips that are manageable with Aquaphor."

Trectik (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I used to have moderate cystic acne - down my back, on my arms and of course all over my face. It was my greatest insecurity and the cause for my low self esteem. I would simply refuse to go outside without wearing layers of makeup first and would constantly pop my pimples in order to flatten them out and attempt to conceal them better with makeup- stupid, I know . I have Accutane to thank for changing this about me. It has been my messiah. I won't claim to have picture perfect skin but after 8 months on this drug my skin is nothing like it used to be. Nowadays I don't wake up and pat my face for new breakouts , first thing in the morning filled with dread. Of course it is important to take this drug responsibly and keep your Derm informed"

SedonaScarlet August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Myorisan (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I always had bumpy, oily, acne-prone skin. I tried everything. I would go to sephora, blue mercury, cvs, you name it, and buy every acne-clearing product they had. Finally, I decided to go to my dermatologist. I tried a clindamycin medication and a Retin A about two months before going on accutane. I had huge cystic acne that was so painful and puffy and red. The clindamycin and Retin A did help, but I still had some pimples, clogged pores and break outs. I was so exhausted with acne that I decided to bite the bullet and go on accutane. I cannot rave enough about the treatment. If you are someone whose acne destroys yourself confidence I recommend accutane. My acne was cleared in 5 days!!!"

Acne -Freeeee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I have been on Claravis 20mg for 5 months. The flare up been so bad, my severe acne has never been so bad. For 5 months, I cry every time I look at my face in a mirror. I am depressed. I don't know if I should stop the treatment."

Monfie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I started taking this medicine 2 months back . I had to stop this medicine immediately as I started to have severe back pain and stiffness in my hip joints . Thankfully , I didn't have other side effects . Don't take this medicine unless you have really bad acne ."

Vima August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I was on Accutane my senior year of high school. When I was first recommended for Accutane, I was not happy. But having just finished it after six months, I can confidently say that I was the best decision I've ever made. Sure, the dry skin was a bit of a pain sometimes and I had days when I was insecure, but in my mind, it was either a little dry skin, or a ton of acne. Accutane worked for me within the first week. My face cleared up almost immediately. I have been off the drug for about a month now and my skin has never looked better. For any high schooler considering Accutane, take it from me (an 18 year old girl), it is definitely worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "This drug is dangerous. I am a healthy 22 year old guy. Around 2.5 months into a six month course of 60mg/day roaccutane I developed severe depression, anxiety and psychosis. I have no family history of mental illness and had never been depressed in my life before this. Everything caused me to panic, I couldn't leave the house or even talk to my parents. It felt like the drug had taken control of my mind. I shook uncontrollably and couldn't eat or sleep. For a week after stopping, I could barely function without breaking down. This drug will improve your skin, but trust me, its not worth it, however desperate you feel. Think carefully."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Claravis (isotretinoin) for Acne: "I'm a 20 year old with severe acne on my face. I took 40 mg for the first two months and am currently on 60 mg. I am on my third month and am starting to see great results. Some of the side effects that I've had are very dry skin near my mouth and nose, chapped lips (especially on the corners), and sore shoulders. (All of which I've found relief for, thankfully. Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion for my skin, Vaseline for my lips, and the occasional Advil for when I am sore). I still have a few cysts on my jaw and lower cheek but they are slowly disappearing. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and scarring from years of severe acne but I am hopeful. This medication is very expensive but I really feel like it has been worth it."

eridiium (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I struggled with Acne since the age of 12 around the time I went into puberty, but found it worsened in my early to mid 20's. I am light to medium skin tones and would usually get breakouts that would fluctuate weekly causing dark blemished after break outs on my face, shoulders and back. I started the treatment in mid June, taking 20mg every day. During this first month I broke out in a rash, and was advised by nurse that this was common. The second month my dosage increased to 40mg daily, which remained the dosage throughout my treatment. My course was for 6 months and finished in December. I have been off Isotretinoin for 6 months and have had ZERO break outs, my entire skin has also completely cleared of spots."

Emily Mcknelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Accutane (isotretinoin) for Acne: "Suffered from very mild acne since 17. Odd breakouts around period.No acne during pregnancies. Getting worse over years. Just had a baby and skin was perfect for a few days then woke up with 100+ tiny bumps on face. Thought they'd disappear but decided to become infected. Just started taking drug (30mg as already depressed about skin condition) day 8 and have had massive cystic spots (3) on face but are drying up quite quick. The most annoying thing is these tiny white heads I keep getting around my mouth-edge of lips. I cant help but pop them as they look really disgusting. Using Cetaphil products and aloe lotion for dryness a week before starting treatment so dryness hasn't really been an issue so far. Hope this works and gets rid of tiny bumps"

Note Worthy (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2017