Can Mononessa cause acne?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2023.
Mononessa can cause acne in some people and then a few people find it helps clear their acne.
With these hormonal birth control pills they can affect people differently.
If acne becomes worse or persists then please see your doctor and they'll be able to help you change to another birth control.
Related medical questions
- Can antibiotics delay or make your period late?
- What are my options for birth control and how effective are they?
- How long do antibiotics affect birth control?
- Why are my nipples sore? 7 possible causes
- What are the signs that Plan B didn't work?
- What should I expect after a Mirena IUD removal?
- Do antibiotics affect the morning after pill?
- What are the side effects of IUDs?
- What's the weight limit for Plan B?
- When do I start taking Diane pills for birth control?
- Birth control failure rates - the Pearl Index explained
- Mononessa Information for Consumers
- Mononessa prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Mononessa (detailed)