User Reviews for Mononessa

Learn more about Mononessa.

Ovarian Cysts 8 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 22 reviews 169 medications

6.3
Summary of Mononessa reviews 136 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "I went on this pill an entire year ago to help control my facial acne. I was excited to start and as usual this would take a few months to kick in. (the acne would be worse, then get better) Well, I can say that I've given it a full year trial... and my acne has gotten lighter, but I still break out terribly. I never had severe acne just mild. I go through stages of mild/light. But it's never regulated. My skin is terrible and I have sensitive skin that leaves scars even at the smallest pimple. I was so disappointed now an entire year and nothing has really gotten better. My mood has been more emotional than ever, and after a full year I can attribute it most likely to these pills."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control did wonders for my stomach. Other brands made me so sick and if I forgot and had to take 2 at a time I was throwing up in the middle of the night. These pills do not upset my stomach at all which is great. Haven't noticed any other side effects maybe a little moody at times but I think that's just my period. Also no weight changes for me"

Anonymous November 23, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I started Mononessa after having been on at least 5 other birth control pills. I've now been using Mononessa for almost 5 years. Having been diagnosed with Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, my Obgyn put me on birth control to help the symptoms. Mononessa has eliminated most of my symptoms. While I still struggle with weight gain, this pill hasn't made me gain weight or make it harder to lose weight. (anyone with PCOS knows that losing weight is the actual struggle). Overall I really like this pill and it has been a life saver!"

acruncg2019 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on a couple different types of birth control, and I have to say I like mononessa the least of all the ones I've tried. I started taking Mononessa about two years ago when I graduated from high school, because my insurance no longer covers the birth control I was previously on. My senior year of high school I weighed approximately 125 pounds, and now I'm up to 155. I can't say the weight gain is completely from the birth control, but I think it has mostly come from me switching. I am very moody, constantly hungry, and I feel as if I keep gaining weight. Other than that, I've been taking birth control since I was 13 (so for 8 years now), and I have never had any major problems."

Lexe Rae November 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Since taking Monessa the only problem I have had was an increase in appetite and not having a sex drive PERIOD. Husband is very upset because I'm NEVER in the mood and I NEVER want to be touched sexually(month )..."

Tiara901 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on many different birth controls and this has to be the worst. I started about 2 months ago and I've been bleeding ever since. I've been bloated, my appetite has increased however I've managed to keep it down, and I've been moody. I hate it!"

KyraD November 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I am 3 months post-partom and have been taking mononessa since I was 6 weeks pp. I have never taken birth control before. Ever since I started taking this birth control I have periods that last about 3 weeks with cramping and headaches... I'm about to be done"

Christine2410 November 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I am a small girl 20 years old I weigh about 115 lbs and since I started 7 days ago all I can think about is food.. I eat allllll the time which isn't necessarily a bad think considering my weight and I wanted to gain a little but I swear food is the single thing on my mind and I don't feel hunger pain at all.. other than that I haven't noticed any other side effects."

Lon47899 November 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Mononessa has been my birth control for 2 years now. I have never had a single problem with these particular pills. I have had no mood swings, weight loss/gain, nausea, etc. I feel the same exact way as I did before taking birth control... just protected! I am very strict on myself with taking it at the same time every night. I set an alarm on my phone and take it at the same time every night. I have never had any problems with the pill. I really recommend trying to see if it works the same way as it has for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 2, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "Nauseous feeling is 100% off the hook it's unbearable. The worst feeling ever"

YvesBake October 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I was originally on Lo Loestrin Fe which made me bleed like crazy and once I started this pill it stopped it. PROS: No weird bleeding, normal period. CONS: I feel like I am going crazy. I am an emotional wreck and I am normally a very calm person. I feel like crying every minute and not to mention that but my sex drive is completely gone. Birth control just isn't for me I am going to stick to condoms."

Kayyyyy October 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I love this pill and I'm surprised it has so many poor reviews on this website, but I guess it really goes to show you that it's all about finding a form of birth control that works for you. For me, Mononessa is just that. PROS: Cheap (I only pay about $10/month, but I was getting it free for a while) with no negative emotional or mental effects (I find this pill actually increases my mood!). I used to have extremely painful cramps on the first two days of my period, but that pain has dramatically decreased since taking this pill. Lingering acne on my face has also vanished. CONS: Occasional light spotting with a small breakout a week or so before period. I have gained a few extra pounds, but I've managed most of it with diet and exercise."

MaryAnneSD1026199 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2016

For Birth Control "Thank you girls for sharing your experiences about this drug. I feel so much better now knowing I'm not the only one with "the side-effects". I was on this pill for 3 months. I used to get the Depo-Shot and I gained almost 30 lbs from that (I know). While I was on the pill: PROS: no break-outs, mild cramps, no heavy periods just spotting, bloating disappeared CONS: my boobs hurt, no sex drive, emotionally wreck, very moody, I thought I was going crazy. It's been a month since I got off this pill: PROS: sex drive gone wild lol & slowly getting my energy back. CONS: bloating is back, painful cramps every now and then, moody AF (still), paranoia(still), I'm one of those people who still feel "empty" inside, breakouts."

Ehem September 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Started this pill in Apr 2016 it was okay at first, periods became lighter, the cramps were unbearable. Very moody, tired,headaches, dry skin, and now four months in my period was late. When it finally came it has been going on two weeks. Not to mention my face started to swell my lips and hands were swelling up and having difficulty breathing. I just threw the medicine in the trash. Will not take it anymore."

Theblues2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken and tried many different types of birth control pills and Mononessa had been the absolute worst experience of my life. 1mg of mononess and three days of taking it made me cramp daily and painfully. I thought it would get better but my symptoms contributed to get worse as my period got closer. It got to the point where I could hardly sit up right. A month into it and on my period I had to take days off work because the cramping was distracting and unbearable. It lightened my period but I would rather have a heavy flow than be in that much pain ever again. I recommend Levora for you ladies. Do not go through what I went through. Good luck."

Seasidegirl August 26, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on and off of Mononessa for about a good year now. I have always had a problem with heavy bleeding, cramps and blood clots every time I've had my monthly cycle. I told my doctor and she suggested I take Mononessa. For the first week or so it made me feel terrible, headaches, nausea, Lightheaded, the works. I wanted to stop taking it but due to my heavy bleeding I knew this was better then having to change pads every five times a day. It stopped my period for about a good 6 months(which I still don't understand, is that normal) and then my period would just come back on its own and stay only for about a week. I went off the Mononessa but now back on due to being on my period for almost two months now. Make it stop! :("

Vagirl757 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I love this birth control. I was put in it after my son was born and haven't had any problems or side effects. I was also on it before my son, but stopped because I wasn't sexually active."

Emii (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 19 and I've been on mononessa for about two years now. I originally started it to help with extremely heavy periods, but it has helped with so much more. I don't get ANY acne anymore, periods are so much lighter, cramps are almost completely gone, and cravings and mood swings are not near as bad. I highly recommend!"

Yasss (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2016

For Birth Control "This birth control seemed fine at first, but 10 days into it I started feeling not like myself--bad mood swings, feeling breathless or winded even when sitting, my blood pressure would spike for no reason, and I felt extremely sluggish. One day I even had mild heart attack symptoms. My body definitely did not react well to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Mononessa to attempt to get my hormones back in check. As if I wasn't already feeling bad before...boy did this birth control make me feel even worse! Constant nausea, stomach pains, hot flashes, headaches, insomnia, weight gain, bloated, the only positive it gave me was a lighter period but it wasn't worth it with all the side affects. Stopped it today, and I can't wait to start feeling better again."

Cassandra Zulueta August 16, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor prescribed this for me to help with extremely heavy periods due to uterine fibroids. Two and half months in and I started bleeding every day, cramping and passing sizeable clots. Despite my fibroids, I never had bleeding in between my periods prior to taking this medication. This was great for two months but sadly did not work for me. Doc just told me to stop taking it while we figure out other options."

MRDen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

For Birth Control "Mononessa has been the Worst birth control I have ever been on. I was on this pill for three days and thought I would die.Severe nausea, nightmares, mood swings, insomnia,headaches and chest pain. I stopped taking it after the third day. My body really does not like this birth control. I would not recommend this pill at all."

Boo27 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

For Birth Control "I went on this bc my period was so irregular and it was getting out of control. When I first went on this bc I threw up for the first 3 days and then after that I was fine. 2 weeks after I began my mood swings increased a lot, it was really unpredictable what my mood will be like. I've also been throwing up ever since I went on this bc. My appetite has decreased, I've gained weight, I always feel bloated, my mood is terrible and everything makes my stomach feel sick. I hate throwing up so this pill has been the worse to me. Definitely a waste of my time."

S046 July 3, 2016

For Birth Control "Starting taking this bc after norethindrone was making me feel "empty" inside and I honestly did not like it. I'm a healthy 28 year old who doesn't smoke or drink and it caused me to constantly feel nauseous that's the main reason I decided to switch to something else and even when I would take it at 10pm I was still nauseous all day, I started breaking out a lot but my skin would clear up completely once I would take the inactive pills, I was also extremely hungry all the time and once I would start the inactive pills I would have my usual apetite back again. PROS: my period was lighter. I gave the birth control 3 months just to see if the side effects would go away but they did not..had my doctor switch me to a lower dose bc."

Sg87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm currently on this pill and it is making me lightheaded, extremely nauseous, fatigued, Shakey, sensitive to light and sound, and having trouble breathing, cant eat or drink anything without being completely sick, heart pounding, and diarrhea. Not fun at all."

sweetcorset (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016