User Reviews for Mononessa

Learn more about Mononessa.

Endometriosis 5 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 27 reviews 109 medications

5.5
Summary of Mononessa reviews 186 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "I thought I was pregnant, I was nauseous, throwing up, extremely exhausted, dizzy, and hot flashes. I am not saying everyone will react this way I just know I feel horrible I tried it for the 28 days tomorrow I am going to get a different kind."

Nelly nellz September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa for 5 months and I love it ! No bad side effects for me , helps clear my skin, and less leg cramps too, glad I found the right pill for me"

meg368 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa about 7 years now I believe and absolutely love it. I first went on it because of heavy periods. My periods are now very light and last about 4 days. I don't remember any crazy side effects when I first started taking it."

Baseballbabe (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I just started this birth control almost 2 weeks ago. I am 24 and this is my very first birth control I have ever used. I was prescribed this pill to help with PCOS symptoms. I read reviews before taking my first pill and was super scared. I was expecting to feel horrible. The first 4 days I felt nothing at all except extreme sleepiness and my appetite has gone down some; the 5th day I had a horrible headache/dizziness/nausea and I ended up sleeping it off. I pushed the time I take the pill to later evening because I have felt so sleepy since starting this medication. I don't really see it being listed as a side affect and I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem, but I am pretty positive it's the pill."

kp03 August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "Well it helped with abdominal pain but caused me to gain 4 pounds in just over a week. I'm trying to reach my doc right now to try to switch to something else. I also had slight nausea and heartburn using mononessa but both of those passed within a few days."

Rosebomb (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Mononessa has been great so far , I started with minastrin and then I switched to sprintec. I was experiencing serious weight gain from sprintec and finally made the switch to mononessa. I have experienced breakthrough bleeding but only due to my own irresponsibility . I am rating this 10/10 because my experience without the condom has not resulted in pregnancy. I am starting to have some concerns though. Sometimes I get these very weird headaches , its almost as if I'm dehydrated . I'll drink tons of water but that doesn't seem to help. And this month I have become very irritable and upset over just about anything . My moods are out of control and i just feel so hopeless sometimes."

sugah August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "A few days after I started taking the pills I got very nauseous and had horrible headaches daily"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking these pills and within three days I started getting nauseous and I couldn't stop vomiting. It was a terrible experience, and I don't recommend them."

Branniiii July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So far so good! I switched from Lo Loestrin Fe. I was liking the lo-fe the first 3 months, 3 day periods was amazing. Then months 4-6 I had spotting, break through bleeding, and cramps, sometimes crazy discharge sometimes I was super dry, terrible mood swings, etc.) Anyways, I switched to this because it contained more estrogen and ever since January I've felt loads better. I don't see any difference in weight, appetite, or sleep. I have seen an improvement in my mood and concentration/focus since switching to this pill, I feel balanced. My period does last 5 days but my cramps aren't as bad nor is my period nearly as heavy as when I wasn't on birth control. 9/10 because I still use condoms and haven't really tested it 100%"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Everybody's body absorbs differently. My body did not like Mononessa at all. I only lasted 3 days of this pill. I had an insane reaction, my doctor even told me she's never heard anything like it. My body had an insane panic attack as I was puking. My fingers and toes started to tighten and I could not move them, I had partial paralysis in my fingers and toes! I was crying and rocking back and forth. I never want to experience anything like it again. My body would wake me up every morning at 4:00AM to do this every time I took the pill. I was switched to the Yaz pill which was amazing! After the 4th year of taking it, my body got used to Yaz and now I am experiencing a lot of mood swings and my sex drive decreasing! Microgestin here I come!"

BirthControlUser1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had talked to my Dr. about going on a pill for the my heavy periods I've been getting. After talking about all the different kinds of birth control she put me on this one. The first month wasn't too bad except for the fact I was overwhelmed all the time and really emotional. My first month I actually lost weight but my acne got worse. As instructed I skipped my placebo pills for the first pack and started my second. Two days into my second pack I started my period but it was very light compared to what's I've had in the past. Here it is 10 days later and I'm still bleeding.. I'm gonna stop this pill and go get the IUD in next week. I wouldn't recommend this pill."

Lightened my periods though July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 4 months now and at first it was great, it cleared up my acne and everything went fine, then I accidentally missed a pill and since then my face has been all full of acne."

Lucygoat (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill was fine for the first three months that I was on it, then I started constantly spotting. I only had 3-4 days a month that I was not spotting while on this med. I was switched to Lo Loesterin and the spotting has stopped."

dmhj74 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Zarah for 5 years and recently began ovulating on the pill so my doctor wanted me to go on something with a bit more estrogen and recommended Mononessa. I was pretty nervous with all the mixed reviews I read before taking it, especially because I experienced no side effects with Zarah. In all honesty, the first 4 days we're not pleasant. I had what felt like non-stop migraines, my anxiety was on a different level (I kept thinking I was suffering from DVT and was having mini panic attacks) I had weird palpitations when working out and I had a lot of trouble staying asleep. All of a sudden on day 5, I felt normal again. I guess my body just needed to adjust and hopefully symptoms don't come back!"

phixter June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control since I was 16. I am 20 now and starting to wonder about other forms of birth control. Its not a bad pill, but its not great either. It makes my period slightly lighter and I haven't had any pregnancy scares with it, but I really don't like the way it makes me feel. Terrible cravings, bloating, headaches, etc."

RachelR May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE! Do not take this pill. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks, gained 4 pounds and I'm only on my second pack. There is better birth control out there. This one isn't one of them."

anylaaaa12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "1.5 months in I started spotting. I am taking this BC continuously according to my doctors instructions and skipping the placebo pills to not have a period. I'VE BEEN SPOTTING FOR A MONTH NOW. I've tried many birth control pills and have never had this happen. There had been times where I had accidentally missed a day or 2 and started spotting on my old birth control but after a couple days catching up on my pills my body would regulate itself back out and the spotting would stop. THIS SPOTTING ISN'T STOPPING AND I HAVENT' MISSED ANY PILLS. As said before, I've taken many different kinds of BC pills and had NEVER had this problem."

christiejjjjjjj May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill when I was 21 years old. Because of recent times, I switched to the Mirena IUD, and it didn't work for me for various reasons. I switched back to this pill January 2017 and love it. I like this pill because while you absolutely SHOULD take it at the same time everyday, as long as you take it within a few hours of the same time each day--you should be fine. I've never had a pregnancy scare on this pill, so that's a major benefit. No crazy mood swings or bad side effects. This time around I will say this: my period is way lighter. Used to last 7 days, now only lasts 5. One and only bummer was the first month or two my appetite was weird - this symptom went away after 2 months though! Highly recommend this BC."

Maya B May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience wasn't that bad! When I first started taking the pill, I was very hormonal and nauseous but once a month or so kicked in, everything was fine. My periods only lasted five days and were always consistent. I did make my acne fade and I didn't gain any weight the only sort of bad thing is that my bra size increased by a cup. I've been on it for a year now and so far so good!"

username6133 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for just over a year now and I love it. It is the first pill I've ever tried and it works great for me. I had a little nausea when I first began taking them, but it went away after a month or so. The only negative thing I have noticed is sometimes at the beginning of a new pill pack, I lose my appetite for about a week. I have gained about 5 pounds in the past year. I have no complaints other than that though. I take my pill at the exact same time every day religiously and have never missed a pill, and I have not gotten pregnant. Also, I am able to determine exactly what days I am going to be on my period now which is so nice. It's been a great birth control for me!"

Mattie H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Took pill for full year. Breasts were sore everyday, gained 20 pounds, cried over everything, nothing good happened except I didn't get pregnant."

Colejean May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Gained a lot of weight from these pills they made me moody they made me crave a lot of food also"

Nyny April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started to take Mononessa on the first day of my period and I bleed for 3 weeks, got really nauseous for a week and gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I had cramps during it all and my doc told me to the 800mg of ibuprofen 3x a day to stop the bleeding. It didn't work. I stopped the pill after the second week because on top of all sides affect, it made me feel apathetic. Now on the end of week 3 my bleeding has subsided and I feel back to normal again."

Girl in pink April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this pill for about 2 and a half years. It worked great, only had a few pregnancy scares from forgetting to take the pills on time. I usually always remembered but was sometimes a hassle to remember every day. I had good and bad side effects. It got rid of all of my acne and made my periods regular. I did gain about 25 pounds and had a much lower sex drive though. I did spot occasionally but not too often. If I decided to take the pill through my period rather than stopping, sex would start to hurt deep in my uterus eventually. That happened many times. I decided to get off that birth control a few months ago and I could tell that I had a complete change in my body. I lost weight and felt happier. My sex drive went up incredibly."

Nikki38ellen (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Love this pill! Great hormone balancer and contraceptive. Pros: Cystic acne gone, moods regulated, no more monthly migraines, few to no cramps, on my period for only 5 days each month, did not decrease my sex drive. Cons: weight gain (25lbs in 3 months that won't come off 3 years later), bigger breasts (D cup to DDD). Other pills made me spot all month and have mood swings. This one does not. Free through my insurance too!"

Ninkasi (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2017