User Reviews for Mononessa

Learn more about Mononessa.

Ovarian Cysts 8 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 25 reviews 169 medications

5.9
Summary of Mononessa reviews 157 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "This is my first time on any birth control. My doctor originally prescribed Yaz but after reading the reviews I decided I didn't want to try it and asked for Ortho Tri Cyclen. The pharmacy gave me mononessa. The reviews were a bit better so I decided to give it a try. The first day I took it I was nauseas and had chest tightness and a rush of adrenaline for some reason! I don't know what happened but I felt on top of the world! The second day was a bit better and I felt normal. I'm on the third day now and I'm feeling a little nauseas but mostly bloated."

Whatever895 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill made me so nauseas and sleepy and tired and depressed. I have small children and I need all my energy. Well this just killed it all for me."

Mommy122 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor put on this medication a month ago in preparation for my surgery and it has been the worst decision I have ever made! Two weeks into taking mononessa, I began spotting. I thought no big deal, the spotting should stop soon. Well twelve days later, still spotting, so I called my doctor office and was told that that sometimes happen. Ok. Two days after that conversation, I started having light bleeding with the worst cramping I have ever had! Add to that, I started having lower back pain also. Nothing I took seems to help with the pain. It got so bad, that I had to go to the emergency room, I could barely stand up nor lie down!! Can't even go to work yet because I'm still cramping severely and need to take narcotic. This med sucks!"

Worst decision ever (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had no problems the first 3 months I was on this pill. Now the last 5 months I have been eating like crazy more than ever, losing eyesight after getting a brand new prescription from my eye dr. Migraines like crazy. Loss of interest in sex, vaginal irritation, swelling, and bleeding from it being so dried out. I cannot pee without crying anymore it is so painful. Today I started bleeding brown blood after taking myself off the pill a week ago. Would NOT recommend to anyone."

Awilliamsonz March 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control and I haven't noticed any changes that are significant enough to make me stop. I was a little worried about taking it because of the bad reviews on here but the only side effects I've noticed are a little bit of dizziness in the first week or so that I start a new pack nothing sitting breathing deeply and drinking water can't fix... (also occurs mostly when I'm hungry) my sense of smell is heightened, I would mention some weight gain butttt I've had some changes in my life while beginning birth control that can contribute to that one being a worse diet annnnd the weight gain is not big my pants fit a tighter that's all..everything else is normal pimples here and there light-med. period."

odlarig March 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was nervous to get on this pill because of the reviews but I started anyways. I've been on this pill for almost 3 months & I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has not experienced the bad side effects. This pill actually made my sex drive increase, and it does its job well. Only con is that I do break out a lot when it's time to take the 7 inactive pills but once I start the active pills my acne clears & it's also cleared all my back acne! No mood swings, no vomiting, no nausea, no weight gain (I do workout most days of the week), no fatigue, no cravings, like I said I'm one of the lucky ones. Best birth control I've been on."

Leahstew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm sure these would work well for preventing pregnancy but I'm a virgin and have no desire to have sex, I'm on it for my extremely heavy periods. This pill has done absolutely nothing for me. I waited it out until now. I'm on the 3rd month and I've already bled through 2 pairs of underwear and shorts on day 1 of my period...it's exactly the same as my flow was before and my cramps are just as bad too. This pill is literally useless if it's not going to help my periods. On the upside, I don't experience any side effects at all, it just doesn't do anything at all for me, good or bad."

Jessie K February 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was most concerned about mood changes/depression when beginning this pill, as the last BC I was on built upon my already-existing anxiety and depression. However, I just started my third pack, and it's helped my mood more than ruined it. That's not to say it's not without its obvious side effects - throughout the last two months I've experienced multiple side effects as my body adjusts to the hormones, albeit only for a few days to a week at most. Breast tenderness, cramps, headaches, dizziness, and even a two-week long period for the first two weeks. It seems like I'm finally experiencing the nausea side effect that almost everyone mentioned, but I somewhat expected it and it's not a huge deal."

hann (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Been on mononessa for 3 months now. Starting on the first month, on day 3 of taking the pill I started having INTENSE migraines & also vomiting a lot every single day for about 2 weeks. I had another gf on this pill for 6 years & she told me after awhile you get used to it so I figured I'd give it a try. Month 2 of the pack came & again from day 3 for about 2 weeks I was so weak I couldn't leave my bed, my migraines got worse making my vision blurry and intense vomiting. Started month 3 yesterday & already throwing up so I'm stopping them now. Only positive I can say is that I had no spotting in between periods, my periods were the exact same light and fast, no weight gain. Girls be careful trying this one out."

Cindy kim February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got my prescription from PP after previously using Chateal and having an awful experience so my expectations were not high. However since using Mononessa for 3 months now, I have had the best experience. No weight gain, feelings of depression, or pregnancy. My period is a day longer but all in all it is lighter and less painful. The only negatives I have noticed is that I have small breakouts and cravings."

olivia94 February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Mononessa for 2 months and I realize that everyone is different but I think I have suffered almost every side effect in the book while being on this pill. First it started with bloating, I have been extremely tired, to the point where its hard for me to get off the couch midday. Have had a lot less energy, an out break of acne on my back, which is strange because hormonal bc is supposed to help with that. Dropped my sex drive significantly, but the hardest thing to manage is obsession with food; the amount I'm eating, binge eating, and craving high fats, carbs and sugars. I'm feeling depressed, I don't know if its because of all the symptoms or if its a chemical imbalance. Needless to say I'm going to the Dr.'s and switching."

Horrible Experience February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Honestly, I know it's hard for anyone with a mood disorder to take hormone-related birth control, but this was the worst experience I ever had. I have moderate anxiety disorder, and after a week of being on this pill, I had severe panic attacks. Worse than I've ever had them. I couldn't control myself and was shaking and extremely dizzy and it felt as if the world was going to end. I always get sick after anxiety attacks but that one was the worst. I couldn't eat for a day or two. I know different medications work differently for everyone, but that by far was the worst reaction I've gotten. Going to try non hormonal from now on."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "All I can say is terrible nausea! From my understanding it's from the high estrogen levels. Hopefully it doesn't last long. I hate feeling like this. I'm taking it monesa to help balance the nexplanon implant hormones I have running through my system before deciding whether or not to get it removed.(have had the implant for 1year now) (monesa 8 days now)"

MajesticUnicorn January 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa for about 5 years now. I started the pill because of irregular periods and extra protection against pregnancy. The first two to three months my body was adjusting to the change which caused nausea and mood swings but afterwards I was back to normal. My appetite has gone up, my sex drive has gone down just a bit but not to the point where I was worried about it. I have clear skin and my periods are shorter and lighter. By far the best pill I have been."

Ally S (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been taking it for a good while now, the first three months I was dizzy, nausea, and moody. But after those initial months that has stopped.[Pros] I had bad acne and it has helped clear it up, periods are less painful .[cons] I have gained a few pounds and am constantly craving food, my sex drive is substantial lower. May be trying another brand soon because of this. **I recommend setting an alarm on phone to remember to take it, mines for 10 that's way if there's a chance I'll be out late it's with me and taking it won't interfere with my day to day activities**"

Amber (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I read a review before I started taking this that I relate to so much....all I think about is food on this pill! Luckily I haven't had any other side effects, I'm almost done with my first pack. I'm constantly thinking about food, I'm talking 24/7. Even right after I've eaten I'm back to craving salty, fatty foods that I normally didn't crave before this. Worst of all is that I'm craving MEAT. I've been vegetarian for over a year and never craved or thought about meat the entire time until I started this pill....I hope it stops soon because it's disturbing for me."

Jessica L December 20, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill since October. My reasoning for going on birth control was due to my irregular periods. I've had many side effects such as the nausea or throwing up. If I take my pill late that night & wake up for school the next morning it's a given I'll throw up. If I accidentally forget to take a pill one night and take two the next night I ALWAYS throw up. The sickness has made me have 4 absentees from school. Besides the puking, it has made my periods regular! It is so nice to know when the flow is on its way!"

Nikkipoo December 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I began taking Mononessa about three months ago. I didn't really experience any negative side effects- a few weird waves of nausea early on, but other than that, I felt really good on this pill. However, I had to switch to a different pill because after about a week or two on Mononessa, I began bleeding every single day. It dipped in and out of heavy bleeding, but was always heavier than typical spotting. And it happened EVERY DAY for 2.5 months, until I switched. Which is disappointing, because otherwise, I experienced no ill side effects. I'll also mentioned that I suffered from incredibly bad acne a few years ago, and I was nervous that starting birth control would ruin my skin again. However, I noticed no changes to my skin on this pill"

GSlimy December 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill a little over a month now. This is the first birth control pill I've ever been on. So far, I think it's great! I have only mild symptoms from time to time such as nausea but nothing horrible. My periods are definitely lighter which is good cuz I used to have very heavy periods. I have noticed my sex drive go down, but not so far down that I have no desire. I just have significantly less desire. Since starting the pill, I haven't noticed any improvement in my skin nor have I noticed any worsening of my acne. Also, I haven't noticed any changes in my mood so that is also a plus! Overall, Mononessa is working for me due to the lighter pills, very mild side effects, and so far the effectiveness of preventing pregnancy!"

Twee92 December 6, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started Mononessa after one injection of Depo and I absolutely love this pill. My periods are so predictable in terms of heaviness and length. Cleared up my skin a lot. It's a pain to remember to take it every day but I've only ever forgotten twice in my two years. Never had a pregnancy scare on it (knock on wood) and I haven't used any other method of BC since starting it which is probably not recommended. I was nauseous for the first few months only after starting a new pack but now I never am. The only thing is, I think it negatively effects my mood and sex drive. I'm currently considering a non hormonal method to experience my natural hormones and moods for a change. It's hard to say good-bye to a BC that's been so good to me though"

YourAverageDrugReviewer December 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for 8 years and had no problems at all. It was great. I recently was put on a body acne medication that lowered the effectiveness of this brand so because of that reason I am switching to Zovia I hope it's as good."

Simone P (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I went on this pill an entire year ago to help control my facial acne. I was excited to start and as usual this would take a few months to kick in. (the acne would be worse, then get better) Well, I can say that I've given it a full year trial... and my acne has gotten lighter, but I still break out terribly. I never had severe acne just mild. I go through stages of mild/light. But it's never regulated. My skin is terrible and I have sensitive skin that leaves scars even at the smallest pimple. I was so disappointed now an entire year and nothing has really gotten better. My mood has been more emotional than ever, and after a full year I can attribute it most likely to these pills."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "This birth control did wonders for my stomach. Other brands made me so sick and if I forgot and had to take 2 at a time I was throwing up in the middle of the night. These pills do not upset my stomach at all which is great. Haven't noticed any other side effects maybe a little moody at times but I think that's just my period. Also no weight changes for me"

Anonymous November 23, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ovarian Cysts "I started Mononessa after having been on at least 5 other birth control pills. I've now been using Mononessa for almost 5 years. Having been diagnosed with Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, my Obgyn put me on birth control to help the symptoms. Mononessa has eliminated most of my symptoms. While I still struggle with weight gain, this pill hasn't made me gain weight or make it harder to lose weight. (anyone with PCOS knows that losing weight is the actual struggle). Overall I really like this pill and it has been a life saver!"

acruncg2019 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 19, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on a couple different types of birth control, and I have to say I like mononessa the least of all the ones I've tried. I started taking Mononessa about two years ago when I graduated from high school, because my insurance no longer covers the birth control I was previously on. My senior year of high school I weighed approximately 125 pounds, and now I'm up to 155. I can't say the weight gain is completely from the birth control, but I think it has mostly come from me switching. I am very moody, constantly hungry, and I feel as if I keep gaining weight. Other than that, I've been taking birth control since I was 13 (so for 8 years now), and I have never had any major problems."

Lexe Rae November 9, 2016