User Reviews for Mononessa

Learn more about Mononessa.

Endometriosis 4 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 27 reviews 169 medications

5.5
Summary of Mononessa reviews 177 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "Everybody's body absorbs differently. My body did not like Mononessa at all. I only lasted 3 days of this pill. I had an insane reaction, my doctor even told me she's never heard anything like it. My body had an insane panic attack as I was puking. My fingers and toes started to tighten and I could not move them, I had partial paralysis in my fingers and toes! I was crying and rocking back and forth. I never want to experience anything like it again. My body would wake me up every morning at 4:00AM to do this every time I took the pill. I was switched to the Yaz pill which was amazing! After the 4th year of taking it, my body got used to Yaz and now I am experiencing a lot of mood swings and my sex drive decreasing! Microgestin here I come!"

BirthControlUser1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had talked to my Dr. about going on a pill for the my heavy periods I've been getting. After talking about all the different kinds of birth control she put me on this one. The first month wasn't too bad except for the fact I was overwhelmed all the time and really emotional. My first month I actually lost weight but my acne got worse. As instructed I skipped my placebo pills for the first pack and started my second. Two days into my second pack I started my period but it was very light compared to what's I've had in the past. Here it is 10 days later and I'm still bleeding.. I'm gonna stop this pill and go get the IUD in next week. I wouldn't recommend this pill."

Lightened my periods though July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for about 4 months now and at first it was great, it cleared up my acne and everything went fine, then I accidentally missed a pill and since then my face has been all full of acne."

Lucygoat (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill was fine for the first three months that I was on it, then I started constantly spotting. I only had 3-4 days a month that I was not spotting while on this med. I was switched to Lo Loesterin and the spotting has stopped."

dmhj74 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Zarah for 5 years and recently began ovulating on the pill so my doctor wanted me to go on something with a bit more estrogen and recommended Mononessa. I was pretty nervous with all the mixed reviews I read before taking it, especially because I experienced no side effects with Zarah. In all honesty, the first 4 days we're not pleasant. I had what felt like non-stop migraines, my anxiety was on a different level (I kept thinking I was suffering from DVT and was having mini panic attacks) I had weird palpitations when working out and I had a lot of trouble staying asleep. All of a sudden on day 5, I felt normal again. I guess my body just needed to adjust and hopefully symptoms don't come back!"

phixter June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this birth control since I was 16. I am 20 now and starting to wonder about other forms of birth control. Its not a bad pill, but its not great either. It makes my period slightly lighter and I haven't had any pregnancy scares with it, but I really don't like the way it makes me feel. Terrible cravings, bloating, headaches, etc."

RachelR May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "HORRIBLE! Do not take this pill. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks, gained 4 pounds and I'm only on my second pack. There is better birth control out there. This one isn't one of them."

anylaaaa12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "1.5 months in I started spotting. I am taking this BC continuously according to my doctors instructions and skipping the placebo pills to not have a period. I'VE BEEN SPOTTING FOR A MONTH NOW. I've tried many birth control pills and have never had this happen. There had been times where I had accidentally missed a day or 2 and started spotting on my old birth control but after a couple days catching up on my pills my body would regulate itself back out and the spotting would stop. THIS SPOTTING ISN'T STOPPING AND I HAVENT' MISSED ANY PILLS. As said before, I've taken many different kinds of BC pills and had NEVER had this problem."

christiejjjjjjj May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking this pill when I was 21 years old. Because of recent times, I switched to the Mirena IUD, and it didn't work for me for various reasons. I switched back to this pill January 2017 and love it. I like this pill because while you absolutely SHOULD take it at the same time everyday, as long as you take it within a few hours of the same time each day--you should be fine. I've never had a pregnancy scare on this pill, so that's a major benefit. No crazy mood swings or bad side effects. This time around I will say this: my period is way lighter. Used to last 7 days, now only lasts 5. One and only bummer was the first month or two my appetite was weird - this symptom went away after 2 months though! Highly recommend this BC."

Maya B May 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "My experience wasn't that bad! When I first started taking the pill, I was very hormonal and nauseous but once a month or so kicked in, everything was fine. My periods only lasted five days and were always consistent. I did make my acne fade and I didn't gain any weight the only sort of bad thing is that my bra size increased by a cup. I've been on it for a year now and so far so good!"

username6133 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for just over a year now and I love it. It is the first pill I've ever tried and it works great for me. I had a little nausea when I first began taking them, but it went away after a month or so. The only negative thing I have noticed is sometimes at the beginning of a new pill pack, I lose my appetite for about a week. I have gained about 5 pounds in the past year. I have no complaints other than that though. I take my pill at the exact same time every day religiously and have never missed a pill, and I have not gotten pregnant. Also, I am able to determine exactly what days I am going to be on my period now which is so nice. It's been a great birth control for me!"

Mattie H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Took pill for full year. Breasts were sore everyday, gained 20 pounds, cried over everything, nothing good happened except I didn't get pregnant."

Colejean May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Gained a lot of weight from these pills they made me moody they made me crave a lot of food also"

Nyny April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started to take Mononessa on the first day of my period and I bleed for 3 weeks, got really nauseous for a week and gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I had cramps during it all and my doc told me to the 800mg of ibuprofen 3x a day to stop the bleeding. It didn't work. I stopped the pill after the second week because on top of all sides affect, it made me feel apathetic. Now on the end of week 3 my bleeding has subsided and I feel back to normal again."

Girl in pink April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I took this pill for about 2 and a half years. It worked great, only had a few pregnancy scares from forgetting to take the pills on time. I usually always remembered but was sometimes a hassle to remember every day. I had good and bad side effects. It got rid of all of my acne and made my periods regular. I did gain about 25 pounds and had a much lower sex drive though. I did spot occasionally but not too often. If I decided to take the pill through my period rather than stopping, sex would start to hurt deep in my uterus eventually. That happened many times. I decided to get off that birth control a few months ago and I could tell that I had a complete change in my body. I lost weight and felt happier. My sex drive went up incredibly."

Nikki38ellen (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Love this pill! Great hormone balancer and contraceptive. Pros: Cystic acne gone, moods regulated, no more monthly migraines, few to no cramps, on my period for only 5 days each month, did not decrease my sex drive. Cons: weight gain (25lbs in 3 months that won't come off 3 years later), bigger breasts (D cup to DDD). Other pills made me spot all month and have mood swings. This one does not. Free through my insurance too!"

Ninkasi (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hello All! I have started this about a week ago, and so far its not been too bad! I did experience nausea if taken on an empty stomach. At the same time I would experience headaches and dizziness. I have not noticed wanting to eat more than usual, I have noticed not having much of an appetite anymore. Which is a bit odd because Im always down for food. I would DEFINITELY recommend to make your daily time to take the pill at night around dinner time. Its a little more convenient so you're not going to work or school having to deal with any side effects."

Ivyie April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this medication for 9 years straight. I was prescribed it when I was 18 and had been having awful cramps and nausea during my period, as well as it being irregular. Since I started this birth control I have only had minimal cramping and have never been sick from my period again. I did not feel any different when I started it and I have never experienced a negative side effect. I have nothing bad to say about this medication; all I have gotten from it is regulated, shorter and lighter periods, pregnancy prevention and bigger boobs. All great things in my opinion"

Serraya (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "This is my first time taking birth control and I was a bit scared because looking at the reviews for mononessa, a lot of people said it caused them unpleasing side effects. My doctor originally prescribed me something else it's like "Tri-Ortho" something like that and the pharmacist gave me the generic version Mononessa. I have been on it for 7 whole days and the only side effect I have is on the first day I felt a tad bit nauseous but that is all. No major mood swings, headaches, or vomiting like I've seen a lot of people write but everyone is different. My experience has been good so far. Hopefully it will stay like this. I am prone to feeling side effects to medication and I am honestly surprised I didn't get any severe ones... yet."

JayMC April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I hate it so far. I'm not one to breakout and suddenly I have acne. These random pimples are on my back too! So depressing. My anxiety spiked, dizziness, and I feel at times I'm going to faint. Seeking new birth control asap."

Aleenuh (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time on any birth control. My doctor originally prescribed Yaz but after reading the reviews I decided I didn't want to try it and asked for Ortho Tri Cyclen. The pharmacy gave me mononessa. The reviews were a bit better so I decided to give it a try. The first day I took it I was nauseas and had chest tightness and a rush of adrenaline for some reason! I don't know what happened but I felt on top of the world! The second day was a bit better and I felt normal. I'm on the third day now and I'm feeling a little nauseas but mostly bloated."

Whatever895 (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This pill made me so nauseas and sleepy and tired and depressed. I have small children and I need all my energy. Well this just killed it all for me."

Mommy122 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My doctor put on this medication a month ago in preparation for my surgery and it has been the worst decision I have ever made! Two weeks into taking mononessa, I began spotting. I thought no big deal, the spotting should stop soon. Well twelve days later, still spotting, so I called my doctor office and was told that that sometimes happen. Ok. Two days after that conversation, I started having light bleeding with the worst cramping I have ever had! Add to that, I started having lower back pain also. Nothing I took seems to help with the pain. It got so bad, that I had to go to the emergency room, I could barely stand up nor lie down!! Can't even go to work yet because I'm still cramping severely and need to take narcotic. This med sucks!"

Worst decision ever (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had no problems the first 3 months I was on this pill. Now the last 5 months I have been eating like crazy more than ever, losing eyesight after getting a brand new prescription from my eye dr. Migraines like crazy. Loss of interest in sex, vaginal irritation, swelling, and bleeding from it being so dried out. I cannot pee without crying anymore it is so painful. Today I started bleeding brown blood after taking myself off the pill a week ago. Would NOT recommend to anyone."

Awilliamsonz March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This is my first time taking birth control and I haven't noticed any changes that are significant enough to make me stop. I was a little worried about taking it because of the bad reviews on here but the only side effects I've noticed are a little bit of dizziness in the first week or so that I start a new pack nothing sitting breathing deeply and drinking water can't fix... (also occurs mostly when I'm hungry) my sense of smell is heightened, I would mention some weight gain butttt I've had some changes in my life while beginning birth control that can contribute to that one being a worse diet annnnd the weight gain is not big my pants fit a tighter that's all..everything else is normal pimples here and there light-med. period."

odlarig March 2, 2017