User Reviews for Mononessa

6.3

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Mononessa reviews 6.3 227 reviews

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "I started mononessa due to extreme period pains about 3 years ago. It works really well for me. I have had no spotting and my cycle has been relatively normal. When I get to the 7 placebos, it takes about 3 days for my actual period to start. When I start taking the pills again it stops my period within a day or two but leaves me with heavy discharge. I have had no abnormal issues since starting mononessa. It works well with Vraylar."

Lo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I restarted this medication after a few months away from it because my doctor and I agreed that a hysterectomy with oopherectomy was not a viable option since I am still too young. Since I had success with it before, I thought I was OK but my moods were affected again and I started getting agoraphobic. Also, I had horrible left hip pain that was exacerbated by Mononessa. When I decided to discontinue the pack 2 weeks in, I got a horribly heavy period and then the hip pain went away. My moods balanced back out. I also have PMDD and this medication made it worse. I don't recommend it any longer."

MissLeopard83 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "It is an overall good birth control. It helped with regulating my periods and my period isn't as heavy. Only downside is it makes my breasts tender and kind of sore."

Tt (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on mononessa for almost 5 years and have loved it. I started on trinessa for acne and then my doctor switched me to mononessa so the hormones were more regulated. It has worked great for me and I have had no problems."

works4me (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using mononessa for about 2-3 years now never any problems aside from nausea and I fixed that by only taking the pill before going to bed. Even taking this at different times of the night I never had problems with spotting or anything at all. I just got switched to estarylla because walgreens doesn't have the mononessa for me anymore. I'm nervous about switching everytime I have switched pills something bad happens so I always revert back to monoessa. I guess we will see how this switch goes"

bree415 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I absolutely would NOT recommend this unless it's a last resort thing. My first month I had to quit all of my new medications (I take Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression, Pantoprazole for recurring anxiety-induced gastritis, and my doctor and I have been testing new medications to possibly replace klonopin). I was SO sick I went to three different doctors over a course of two weeks who could find no other reason for my phantom illness, and I ended up hospitalized anyway after the constant vomiting caused a severe gastritis attack. I'm now on month two after taking a month to recover from being sick, only to find that I'm now experiencing the same symptoms. Extreme morning sickness lasting all day, no relief even with Zofran, very severe diarrhea, dehydration as a result, and more frequent gastritis attacks due to the rise in stomach acid. I will never take this poison again, you couldn't pay me to."

AbadPeriod (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "TERRIBLE. I have PCOS and endometriosis, this is the third birth control I’ve tried and by far the worst. I’ve been on it for two packs now, my doctor wouldn’t let me be off of it after the first month. She wanted me to stick it out to see if my body would adapt to it and it hasn’t at all. I have extremely heavy periods, which is saying a lot because I’ve always had super heavy periods naturally. Now it’s like something out of a horror movie. I get extremely nauseous and have migraine headaches frequently. On top of all this I’ve been having problems with anxiety and depression, which I’ve never had before. This pill is toxic for me. Don’t take it."

Exploding Ovaries (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Mononessa for about 2-3 years. Initially, I started taking it for my unpredictable periods. They'd come every month, but they were nowhere near regular. Now with Mononessa, I knew exactly when to expect my period--it was always 2-4 days after I started the inactive pills. My periods became regular almost immediately. I had no negative side effects from the pills. I had gone on the pill in hopes that it would shorten/lighten my periods but Mononessa did not do this unfortunately. The good news is that my doctor gave me the OK to skip periods altogether by never stopping the active pills. I would occasionally miss pills, but never had issues with spotting or breakthrough bleeding. I wasn't usually sexually active on this medication, so I can't speak too much about it's effectiveness at preventing pregnancy. That said, I never did get pregnant on Mononessa the few times I did have sex."

Ms (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Mononessa for 4 months. Previously I took monolinyah for 3. Overall I have had a fine experience with it. It hasn’t affected my emotions or sex drive. I did gain almost 20 pounds this year, and I noticed the weight gain began when I first got on birth control. However, I have also experienced a death in my family that has depressed me so I don’t think it’s fair to blame the weight gain entirely on the bc. But, my appetite has definitely increased since taking it. My skin was unaffected because my acne cleared up the first month after beginning bc but has now gone back to its original state. My period used to be irregular which is why I began bc. Previously, I had gone so long as 128 days without my period, and regularly 40-65 days without it. Now, my period is regular and very light. I had never experienced bad cramps, so I can’t attest to that. But, I would get breast pain before my period and now I don’t. Besides my weight gain, I would recommend this bc."

Ari June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on day 3, was scared to start because of the bad reviews, the only negative side affect I have is it does make me tired, I take it at 530 pm so it doesn’t bother my day, but makes me sleep great! Not moody or anything, not sick. This is my 4th birth control"

Dee ace June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on day 7 and every day I've been sick to my stomach- pretty much day and I've lost a pound a day. I've also been incredibly sad and have cried for no reason every day since being on it. I'm not sure what else to expect but so far I'm not impressed. Well the only thing that I do enjoy is that despite feeling sown my sex drive is still going strong. I go to my dr tomorrow and we will see what else is in store. I just hate how emotional I am right now."

Drekkle (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this for about a month and my body took it very well. The only downside was that I was nauseous after I'd take it to the point where I couldn’t function and I’d have to lay down in order to settle myself. I had light periods before and they did get heavier but that’s no big deal since they weren’t horrible. Overall, it’s a fair medication and I don’t see many things wrong with it"

janak (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I took this medicine to treat my PCOS and my overall experience was alright. My acne completely cleared up and my cycle became regulated, but I gained 15 pounds in three months!"

abby (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "UPDATE!!! I stopped the pill and the bleeding continued heavily & clotting .. I notified my doctor I will see what she recommend until then I’m staying on the pill."

Ebony (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control. The first few weeks I got horrible nausea, I felt overly emotional, and tired. I figured that was normal for my body to be getting used to the drug. Once that was over I had no complaints. My acne cleared, and I had no other symptoms. But now, I've been on it for almost a year and suddenly I'm getting those symptoms again. I wake up in the middle of the night with nausea, I feel extremely anxious, I even am having strange vivid dreams. I will be changing to a different birth control."

SB April 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It’s safe to say after reading all the reviews everyone has a different affect with this birth control. The reason I took mononessa is because I had long term bleeding that lasted almost a month. My doctor prescribed this pill 2 pills a day for 5 days then 1 pill until the pack is gone. My bleeding stopped on the second day I have one pill left and I’m spotting now with cramps. Overall I’m just glad I’m not bleeding heavy with clots anymore. But now I’m going to stop the pill yo see what my periods do. So I’ll keep y’all updated. I had nothing but mood changes with this medicine. I do recommend it’s just not for everybody you would have to pick what works for you. Good Luck!"

Ebony (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for years and years and love it, mostly because of how it evens out my moods. My doctor is saying at my age it may be time to wean off of birth control, but I will put it off as long as I can. I have a family history of clinical depression and mood swings, and feel so safe on this medication. Having said that, Walgreens just told me they wanted me to switch to another medication. NOOOOOO!!!!!"

Harmony (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I used to have horrible period cramps, and my periods were very irregular. The amount of blood was normal, but the fact that I couldn’t predict when I’d be menstruating was very annoying. I talked to my OB-GYN and started taking Mononessa. I didn’t experience any negative side effects; my mood actually stabilized. I already had very clear skin, but I went from getting the occasional pimple to rarely getting them at all. I now use Mononessa for birth control because I’m sexually active and I wasn’t when I began the pill when I was 15. It’s amazing for that too. I take my pills very regularly (every night between 9 and 11 pm) and have had no issues. My boyfriend’s condom fell off last month and I just got my period today around the same time I got it last month. This pill is a life saver!"

Previously Painful Periods (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using this for a month now and do not recommend to those with body issues. (Little background.... I workout everyday (hard) and still have low self esteem. Despite low self esteem I am a very outgoing and calm person). For my 18th birthday I asked my mom if I could go on birth control before going to college next year. My weight before beginning was 114.4 pounds. Now, a month later, my weight is 124 and I practically cry myself to sleep every night because of it. I hate my body and I am so moody all the time and it’s because of THIS pill."

Liv (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on it for almost a year, it has helped with my acne and cramping before my period, only side effects I have experienced is slight depression and anxiety."

Danjjj February 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Mononessa since 6 weeks after I had my son in 2014. It was fine at first, up until about a year ago every thing started changing. My face was breaking out bad. My normal face wash wasn't working at all, in fact it seemed to make it worse. My emotions are constantly screwed up and I mean JACKED UP. I get upset at things I wouldn't normally be upset with, get mad about it even and stay mad (that is not who I am!) I am nauseous 3 weeks out of the month, all day every day and I am so tired and exhausted and flat out dizzy that now I have to lay down when my husband gets home from work so she can hang out with our little guy. Normally I would be up doing things, making food, cleaning, playing etc. Going to Dr. to get a different type. Would like to be on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo because I was on that for 12 years and it was great. I'm just a hot mess thanks to this pill. I never did get pregnant..so that's a plus."

FantasticFox February 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on mononessa for about 4 years now. The first couple years were fine. I was taking mononessa for my PMD (premenstrual disorder) its where I get heavy periods with bad mood swings. It helped perfectly. This past year I've had horrible periods sometimes I would spot for 2-3 days (brown or dark read) then a full period for like 1 day. Now I haven't had my period in a month. I usually have my period at the end of every month and it ends at the beginning of the next month. Then my period changed and I started having them in the middle of the month. Last month it went back to normal. Now this month I haven't had it all but I'm getting period symptoms and cramping for the past week. I rated this based on what it's actually for birth control. I don't use condoms and I haven't gotten pregnant."

Lexiiissss January 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa for about 2 1/2 years now and in the beginning, I can honestly say I had no complaints. It completely minimized my periods, my acne was non-existent, my sex drive was strong, and I was able to maintain my weight well! About a year and a half ago though, things took a turn for the worse. I was getting headaches and migraines practically 3-4 days out of the week, my periods were getting heavier again, my sex drive was on and off, my face starting breaking out, and next thing I knew I had gained 25lbs. I can't shake that weight, despite eating even healthier and working out 2x/day, which is leading to insecurity and depression. Definitely wouldn't recommend using for longer than a year."

buttonpusher January 23, 2018

For Birth Control "MonoNessa isn’t totally horrible, some moments I’m fine and others I'm super dizzy. I’ve only been on this for 3 days and I'm already having a lot of negative side effects. Dizziness, fatigue and issues with my contacts. I think I’m just gonna finish it and wait until I have my next appointment to get a different birth control. I’ll finish sometime in February, since I started at a weird time of the month. It just gonna finish and take the sugar pills and be done taking forms of birth control until spring when I have my next appointment. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this birth control but some people react differently on it."

annooonn January 14, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS WAS AWFUL! On the fourth month of use, I experienced extreme anxiety and depression. I had to go see a therapist to calm down. It made me not want to get out of bed, or do things I love. I just stopped taking this birth control, so hopefully I will feel better again"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018