User Reviews for Mononessa

6.4

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Mononessa reviews 6.3 235 reviews

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "I was originally on previfem for about a year, and they recently switched me to Mononessa about a month ago. The first day I took it till the last day I took it I had upper abdominal pain on my left side. The pain would last about 10-20 minutes, and I would rate the pain a 7 on a scale from 1-10. I thought it was coincidence, but I didn’t feel safe so I stopped taking the pills after 2 1/2 weeks. This one also made me gain 4 pounds in the short time I had been taking it. I requested to be put on Sprintec (this was my first prescription) and I have been doing fine since!!"

Girl234 (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2019

For Birth Control "After trying five other birth controls including trinessa, I moved to mononessa in order to skip my periods. I didn’t gain weight, I didn’t have skin/acne changes, I didn’t have sex drive changes and I do not feel like I’m crazy like when I was on trinessa. After five years of mononessa, my body began to breakthrough bleed when trying to skip periods. I tried seasonique which is made to only have four periods a year and my skin went nuts!!!! Super oily skin and what not. Just went back to mononessa... will never switch to anything else and would recommend it to anyone!"

Taytay (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2019

For Birth Control "Mononessa was my first contraceptive. The first month was terrible. I was always nauseous and I would get super hungry but not able to eat due to the nausea. I had my period for around 4-5 days. It was light with minimum cramps. Month 2, my nausea started to go away and libido went up. Month 3, breasts grew and acne was gone. Never any mood changes, but weight gain of 5-10 pounds. I used it for about a year and went off of it because I stopped taking my pill on time. I switched to 3 different contraceptives until I went back to Mononessa. I used it for ~2 more years. About 10 months ago, I started having break through bleeding for about 2–3 weeks during my cycle and it just wouldn’t stop. I had a bunch of imaging done for the abnormal bleeding and all results pointed to everything being ok. I think my body has just changed or something but I am retiring from this pill because of the bleeding. It was still, nonetheless, an amazing run though while I was on it. PS never got pregnant!"

Marie March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Trinessa but since it has been discontinued I switched to this. Its working great for acne on my face but I am getting back acne more than usual. The main problem I am experiencing with this birth control is that I am so tired all the time. No matter how much or how little sleep I get I feel like a zombie."

Mia (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on MonoNessa for about 3 years and it has worked great for me! I can see if affects everybody differently but for me it worked perfect. I always take the pill before bed. I get a lighter period every month with no cramping which I love. I had no side effects or crazy weight gain, However over the past 3 years I have gained a little weight but I don’t think it was due to the pills. It was great at preventing pregnancy. I am currently not taking any birth control right now but if I do decide to again I will most definitely be on this again."

Naomi (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve used this birth control for about a year. I constantly would get my period with a week left of active pills so I always found that odd. I didn’t gain weight but I did get melasma on my upper lip. With the constant getting my periods earlier than expected, I finally switched to something else."

Klani0220 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 26, 2019

"I absolutely hate this pill, but I was given it for hormone replacement. It’s gave me the worst acne, mood swings, and cramps. I was bleeding for 1 whole month throughout the whole pack. It did nothing good for me. I did 3 months on this pill and ended up going back to my old birth control pill. The mood swings were bad. I’d cry over EVERYTHING"

Sammy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Birth Control "Best birth control! I experienced ZERO side effects and still not pregnant :)"

anastasia (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 29, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Now let start this real quick I know we have different bodies from one woman to another. I’ve struggled with PCOS for years I had my first bc by age 22 it was ok I had after the mononessa I had no issues, it fixed my greasy hair and stopped me from losing hair and reduced my pain during my period. Somehow mononessa disappeared from the market I tried trinessa, I had nightmares and stupid moods. After that I got estryllia I had reached a level of deep depression and lost of appetite that’s was just a bad bad idea Now I’m back to this amazing pills that I’m eating better and my moods are better Just wanted to share with you that"

Chris (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I started mononessa due to extreme period pains about 3 years ago. It works really well for me. I have had no spotting and my cycle has been relatively normal. When I get to the 7 placebos, it takes about 3 days for my actual period to start. When I start taking the pills again it stops my period within a day or two but leaves me with heavy discharge. I have had no abnormal issues since starting mononessa. It works well with Vraylar."

Lo (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I restarted this medication after a few months away from it because my doctor and I agreed that a hysterectomy with oopherectomy was not a viable option since I am still too young. Since I had success with it before, I thought I was OK but my moods were affected again and I started getting agoraphobic. Also, I had horrible left hip pain that was exacerbated by Mononessa. When I decided to discontinue the pack 2 weeks in, I got a horribly heavy period and then the hip pain went away. My moods balanced back out. I also have PMDD and this medication made it worse. I don't recommend it any longer."

MissLeopard83 (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "It is an overall good birth control. It helped with regulating my periods and my period isn't as heavy. Only downside is it makes my breasts tender and kind of sore."

Tt (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on mononessa for almost 5 years and have loved it. I started on trinessa for acne and then my doctor switched me to mononessa so the hormones were more regulated. It has worked great for me and I have had no problems."

works4me (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using mononessa for about 2-3 years now never any problems aside from nausea and I fixed that by only taking the pill before going to bed. Even taking this at different times of the night I never had problems with spotting or anything at all. I just got switched to estarylla because walgreens doesn't have the mononessa for me anymore. I'm nervous about switching everytime I have switched pills something bad happens so I always revert back to monoessa. I guess we will see how this switch goes"

bree415 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I absolutely would NOT recommend this unless it's a last resort thing. My first month I had to quit all of my new medications (I take Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression, Pantoprazole for recurring anxiety-induced gastritis, and my doctor and I have been testing new medications to possibly replace klonopin). I was SO sick I went to three different doctors over a course of two weeks who could find no other reason for my phantom illness, and I ended up hospitalized anyway after the constant vomiting caused a severe gastritis attack. I'm now on month two after taking a month to recover from being sick, only to find that I'm now experiencing the same symptoms. Extreme morning sickness lasting all day, no relief even with Zofran, very severe diarrhea, dehydration as a result, and more frequent gastritis attacks due to the rise in stomach acid. I will never take this poison again, you couldn't pay me to."

AbadPeriod (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "TERRIBLE. I have PCOS and endometriosis, this is the third birth control I’ve tried and by far the worst. I’ve been on it for two packs now, my doctor wouldn’t let me be off of it after the first month. She wanted me to stick it out to see if my body would adapt to it and it hasn’t at all. I have extremely heavy periods, which is saying a lot because I’ve always had super heavy periods naturally. Now it’s like something out of a horror movie. I get extremely nauseous and have migraine headaches frequently. On top of all this I’ve been having problems with anxiety and depression, which I’ve never had before. This pill is toxic for me. Don’t take it."

Exploding Ovaries (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Mononessa for about 2-3 years. Initially, I started taking it for my unpredictable periods. They'd come every month, but they were nowhere near regular. Now with Mononessa, I knew exactly when to expect my period--it was always 2-4 days after I started the inactive pills. My periods became regular almost immediately. I had no negative side effects from the pills. I had gone on the pill in hopes that it would shorten/lighten my periods but Mononessa did not do this unfortunately. The good news is that my doctor gave me the OK to skip periods altogether by never stopping the active pills. I would occasionally miss pills, but never had issues with spotting or breakthrough bleeding. I wasn't usually sexually active on this medication, so I can't speak too much about it's effectiveness at preventing pregnancy. That said, I never did get pregnant on Mononessa the few times I did have sex."

Ms (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Mononessa for 4 months. Previously I took monolinyah for 3. Overall I have had a fine experience with it. It hasn’t affected my emotions or sex drive. I did gain almost 20 pounds this year, and I noticed the weight gain began when I first got on birth control. However, I have also experienced a death in my family that has depressed me so I don’t think it’s fair to blame the weight gain entirely on the bc. But, my appetite has definitely increased since taking it. My skin was unaffected because my acne cleared up the first month after beginning bc but has now gone back to its original state. My period used to be irregular which is why I began bc. Previously, I had gone so long as 128 days without my period, and regularly 40-65 days without it. Now, my period is regular and very light. I had never experienced bad cramps, so I can’t attest to that. But, I would get breast pain before my period and now I don’t. Besides my weight gain, I would recommend this bc."

Ari June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on day 3, was scared to start because of the bad reviews, the only negative side affect I have is it does make me tired, I take it at 530 pm so it doesn’t bother my day, but makes me sleep great! Not moody or anything, not sick. This is my 4th birth control"

Dee ace June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on day 7 and every day I've been sick to my stomach- pretty much day and I've lost a pound a day. I've also been incredibly sad and have cried for no reason every day since being on it. I'm not sure what else to expect but so far I'm not impressed. Well the only thing that I do enjoy is that despite feeling sown my sex drive is still going strong. I go to my dr tomorrow and we will see what else is in store. I just hate how emotional I am right now."

Drekkle (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this for about a month and my body took it very well. The only downside was that I was nauseous after I'd take it to the point where I couldn’t function and I’d have to lay down in order to settle myself. I had light periods before and they did get heavier but that’s no big deal since they weren’t horrible. Overall, it’s a fair medication and I don’t see many things wrong with it"

janak (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I took this medicine to treat my PCOS and my overall experience was alright. My acne completely cleared up and my cycle became regulated, but I gained 15 pounds in three months!"

abby (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "UPDATE!!! I stopped the pill and the bleeding continued heavily & clotting .. I notified my doctor I will see what she recommend until then I’m staying on the pill."

Ebony (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Birth Control "This was my first birth control. The first few weeks I got horrible nausea, I felt overly emotional, and tired. I figured that was normal for my body to be getting used to the drug. Once that was over I had no complaints. My acne cleared, and I had no other symptoms. But now, I've been on it for almost a year and suddenly I'm getting those symptoms again. I wake up in the middle of the night with nausea, I feel extremely anxious, I even am having strange vivid dreams. I will be changing to a different birth control."

SB April 14, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "It’s safe to say after reading all the reviews everyone has a different affect with this birth control. The reason I took mononessa is because I had long term bleeding that lasted almost a month. My doctor prescribed this pill 2 pills a day for 5 days then 1 pill until the pack is gone. My bleeding stopped on the second day I have one pill left and I’m spotting now with cramps. Overall I’m just glad I’m not bleeding heavy with clots anymore. But now I’m going to stop the pill yo see what my periods do. So I’ll keep y’all updated. I had nothing but mood changes with this medicine. I do recommend it’s just not for everybody you would have to pick what works for you. Good Luck!"

Ebony (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018