User Reviews for Mononessa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Mononessa.

Endometriosis

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
5.6

Summary of Mononessa reviews 6.6 208 reviews

Reviews for Mononessa

For Birth Control "I have been on it for almost a year, it has helped with my acne and cramping before my period, only side effects I have experienced is slight depression and anxiety."

Danjjj February 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Mononessa since 6 weeks after I had my son in 2014. It was fine at first, up until about a year ago every thing started changing. My face was breaking out bad. My normal face wash wasn't working at all, in fact it seemed to make it worse. My emotions are constantly screwed up and I mean JACKED UP. I get upset at things I wouldn't normally be upset with, get mad about it even and stay mad (that is not who I am!) I am nauseous 3 weeks out of the month, all day every day and I am so tired and exhausted and flat out dizzy that now I have to lay down when my husband gets home from work so she can hang out with our little guy. Normally I would be up doing things, making food, cleaning, playing etc. Going to Dr. to get a different type. Would like to be on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo because I was on that for 12 years and it was great. I'm just a hot mess thanks to this pill. I never did get pregnant..so that's a plus."

FantasticFox February 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on mononessa for about 4 years now. The first couple years were fine. I was taking mononessa for my PMD (premenstrual disorder) its where I get heavy periods with bad mood swings. It helped perfectly. This past year I've had horrible periods sometimes I would spot for 2-3 days (brown or dark read) then a full period for like 1 day. Now I haven't had my period in a month. I usually have my period at the end of every month and it ends at the beginning of the next month. Then my period changed and I started having them in the middle of the month. Last month it went back to normal. Now this month I haven't had it all but I'm getting period symptoms and cramping for the past week. I rated this based on what it's actually for birth control. I don't use condoms and I haven't gotten pregnant."

Lexiiissss January 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa for about 2 1/2 years now and in the beginning, I can honestly say I had no complaints. It completely minimized my periods, my acne was non-existent, my sex drive was strong, and I was able to maintain my weight well! About a year and a half ago though, things took a turn for the worse. I was getting headaches and migraines practically 3-4 days out of the week, my periods were getting heavier again, my sex drive was on and off, my face starting breaking out, and next thing I knew I had gained 25lbs. I can't shake that weight, despite eating even healthier and working out 2x/day, which is leading to insecurity and depression. Definitely wouldn't recommend using for longer than a year."

buttonpusher January 23, 2018

For Birth Control "MonoNessa isn’t totally horrible, some moments I’m fine and others I'm super dizzy. I’ve only been on this for 3 days and I'm already having a lot of negative side effects. Dizziness, fatigue and issues with my contacts. I think I’m just gonna finish it and wait until I have my next appointment to get a different birth control. I’ll finish sometime in February, since I started at a weird time of the month. It just gonna finish and take the sugar pills and be done taking forms of birth control until spring when I have my next appointment. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this birth control but some people react differently on it."

annooonn January 14, 2018

For Birth Control "THIS WAS AWFUL! On the fourth month of use, I experienced extreme anxiety and depression. I had to go see a therapist to calm down. It made me not want to get out of bed, or do things I love. I just stopped taking this birth control, so hopefully I will feel better again"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I had irregular periods since I started having my period, I also had terrible acne and nasty cramps. After taking MonoNessa, my acne went away, with the exception of the occasional blackheads, I have absolutely no cramps while on my period, and I get my period every month for 3-4 days."

horanhug7 January 12, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve used this pill for 7 days & I’ve been on my deathbed ever since. This is my first time taking any form of birth control. This pill made me so nauseous & dizzy that I couldn’t get out of bed. I have a very regular system if you catch my drift & This pill LOCKED ME UP. I’ve been having painful bloating & gas pockets & nothing I’ve tried yet had been able to relieve it. I’ve been scared to eat because my stomach is already so full & nothing’s moving. It’s also caused some substantial cramping. It makes me SO exhausted. I've been taking 4+ naps a day. This pill has been ravaging my system & I don’t really see an upside to it. I’ve been trying to give my body a chance to adjust but I will probably discontinue use."

Currently dying January 9, 2018

For Birth Control "For the most part the pill is fine, but this is the second kind of birth control I have been on with pretty much the same problem. I have been on this one for about four moths now, and the entire time I have been on it, I have gotten my period early. Last month I started four days early, and this month I started exactly four days early again. My doctor had been skip the last week of my pill pack with the hopes this might fix the problem, but I am still on my period. I was on trinessa before, and I had a similar problem, but with it when I did start early it would be a full week, and no matter what I did, it was always 14 days long. I am beyond sick of this."

Luckybear101 January 8, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Had been bleeding and clotting heavily for almost 2 months and thought enough was enough. Asked my doctor to prescribe a birth control so I could stop bleeding and the prescribed Mononessa. The first day, I took one. I was still bleeding, but the clotting had slowed down tremendously. The second day, still bleeding, but not as heavy and no clotting. On the third day, I took 2 (as suggested by the doctors office if the bleeding did not stop) and the bleeding slowed down even more. The fourth day I took two in the early morning (around 6am) and by 11am, the bleeding had stopped. I am ECSTATIC to say the least. This product worked extremely well for me and I could not be more pleased!"

CC6105 December 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I had extremely heavy and irregular periods with unbearable cramping for years. I've been taking Mononessa for about 3 years now, have never gotten pregnant, and have little to barely any cramping, along with regular, once-a-month, periods."

Lilybae (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 27, 2017

For Birth Control "Wow this pill is nearly useless. I started it because I have endometriosis and the cramps are unbearable. I've been on it for 4 months now. First 2 months I had 4 periods. That is one week out of each month without a period. Last 2 months I've been on a period this entire time. Daily bleeding. The amount of money I have spent on feminine products since I started this pill is outrageous. Don't get me started on the way my pH balance has reacted either. My doctor had to prescribe me a prescription strength bacteria pill to take for 10 days and a prescription strength yeast infection pill for 8 days. Helped for only 2 weeks and now the problems are reoccurring again. Will not refill my next prescription."

Anonymous December 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 4 or 5 years. I was put on it for irregular severe periods. My periods came twice a month, & sometimes not at all for 3 to 6 months, & they always lasted 8-10 days with severe cramps, large blood clots, severe mood swings, rendering me bedridden. The first month or so, I remember having some nausea, but I noticed for the first year, a significant drop in my sex drive and depression issues. Which I'm also prone to depression whether I'm on this pill or not. Doesn't really help my acne either. But as far as positive goes, my periods are way more bearable. 4-5 days, hardly any cramps, better moods, I haven't got pregnant & i don't use condoms I'm in a monogamous relationship. Overall has it been good to me."

Baileyyyy (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 17, 2017

For Birth Control "It’s was amazing the first time I took it but after I was dying with constant yeast infection do not take"

Dddddddjjjjj December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I was on the Kireva birth control pill 3 years ago for 2 years straight and experienced no problems. I recently decided to go back on the pill but was suggested Monessa by my doctor. The first week I was on the pill I thought I was experiencing early pregnancy symptoms. Unbearable stomach/pelvic cramping to the point where I couldn't even sit up straight, headaches, complete loss of energy, crazy mood swings, loss of appetite/being disgusted by foods I normally love, and terrible nausea at all hours of the day, and very painful breast tenderness starting at the beginning of the 2nd week. I can't wait to get off of this. Ugh! 0/10"

idhuw2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2017

For Birth Control "I switched to this BC based on the recommendation from my Dr; I was looking for a contraceptive that would help with my acne. My previous bc made me hormonal and emotional, as in all of my emotions were on the extremes and I also experienced heightened anxiety and depression. After switching to this brand I saw an evening out of my emotions and anxiety gradually as my body got used to the switch. I didn't experience any negative side effects at first, but over time as my body has gotten used to the bc I started to gain weight and my emotions are starting to become touchy again, especially during my period. Considering I got this for my acne, I've only noticed a slight difference, but that may also be due to other changes I have made."

cj1996c December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve been taking mononessa for a month and a half, since day one I noticed a slight headache I didn’t pay much attention to it since I thought it was just balancing my hormones. The following weeks went by and my headache got worse by the time my period came I experienced cramps very bad cramps making me cry (30 year old crying worst period ever) I called my doctor and told her my symptoms she told me that it was normal that eventually my body would get use to the medication. Once again I’m on month two second week I’ve been experiencing terrible heart burn, diarrhea, vomiting & extreme headache so I threw them away. If your taking this pill I hope it works for you it didn’t for me :("

Maria.Saav22 (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been taking the pill for 3-4 years now and it had always given me weird side effects before my period that changed with each month. Some months I would experience cramps, or breast tenderness that I never had before being on it. It also made me gain weight and increased my anxiety and depression. However, the past few months my side effects have worsened just before my period. Depression and anxiety gets really bad for 1-2 days and I started vomiting. This month I couldn't even get out of bed I experienced nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, back pain, dizziness, weakness."

Notpreg November 15, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm currently starting my second pack so I can't give a long term review of Mononessa but I still have some pretty important feedback. I'm personally taking Mononessa for contraception but mostly for my very irregular and heavy periods. Within the second almost third week I started bleeding dark brown blood but only a small amount. As the week went by it got heavier and red. I am currently still bleeding and its been 2 weeks which is frustrating since my periods usually last 2 to 3 days. What is really nice about this pill is that my body hair has stopped growing, or least grows very very very slow. It's not spectacular so far but I'll have to leave a review in 6 months to log some more long term progress."

chronic sunshine November 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I am 26 and in a monogamous relationship. I am on Mononessa strictly for contraceptive purposes. I am bipolar and can become unstable on certain types of birth control and antibiotics. In the first 2-3 weeks I was very tired all the time. But since then the side effect is no longer an issue. I just finished my second pack and am doing well."

ikickstrangers (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2017

For Birth Control "I only took this pill for a full month. Caused a heavy increase in appetite around 5 days after I started taking it along with very bad nausea, super painful breast tenderness, extreme bloating and made me feel depressed."

kdubs1111111 November 7, 2017

For Birth Control "I used this birth control for about 2 months before I started seeing a difference in my complexion. I started to get acne all over my face. It wasn't red or big bumps, they were a bunch of tiny bumps all under my skin. The longer I took it, the worse it got. I went in for multiple facials to get rid of it because I never had problems with my skin. Finally after 4 months of taking it, I decided to switch birth controls & it has started clearing up only with my first pack of the new birth control. Mononessa worked and I never had any break through bleeding, but it made me extremely emotional! I also saw a difference in my mood once I changed birth controls. I have always had cramps & Mononessa did not help with those either."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I thought I was pregnant, I was nauseous, throwing up, extremely exhausted, dizzy, and hot flashes. I am not saying everyone will react this way I just know I feel horrible I tried it for the 28 days tomorrow I am going to get a different kind."

Nelly nellz September 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa for 5 months and I love it ! No bad side effects for me , helps clear my skin, and less leg cramps too, glad I found the right pill for me"

meg368 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on Mononessa about 7 years now I believe and absolutely love it. I first went on it because of heavy periods. My periods are now very light and last about 4 days. I don't remember any crazy side effects when I first started taking it."

Baseballbabe (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 30, 2017