User Reviews for Mononessa

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Summary of Mononessa reviews 6.3 239 reviews

Reviews for Mononessa

NG · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 17, 2019

For Birth Control "I took the Mononessa for about 3 years. I noticed little to no hormonal break outside, which was a plus. I did gain a lot of weight over those years, including 20 lbs in one year, but about 40 lbs overall which may partially be due to the medication. I was advised to take the pills every day with no sugar pills in between, or just three days of sugar pills. I took them every day and had no periods but sometimes there was spotting. My skin got very dry and I became concerned about fine lines. My hair has thinned a lot in the last 4-5 years, partially due to using Wen (hair product), but after discontinuing wen, I still lose a lot and I'm waiting to see significant regrowth several years later which I feel is due to the hormones. I stopped taking any pills about 3 months ago and already lost about 7-10lbs with little change in lifestyle. Everyone seems to react differently with these."

Kiki · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I really wanted to keep using these, but I am up right now at 6 am because the nausea woke me up from my sleep and I’ve been vomiting since 5 am. I’ve been on these for a month and a week. I’ve never experienced such bad nausea as with these pills. I’ve been vomiting every single day. Unfortunately, I’m making the decision to discontinue today."

Against MonoNessa · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I originally took Mononessa to help regulate my period. Started out great the first 4 months. By month 6th I was starting to have terrible mood swings, loss in appetite, and constantly fatigued. Symptoms of side effects intensifying but didn't realize it was my the birth control pills at the time. Got pregnant and miscarried twice by my 8th month on it. 10 months on it: I couldn't keep any solid foods down, hypertension, high blood pressure, lost the ability to even feel hunger, it conflicted with antibiotics causing muscle spasms and I was officially bed ridden for 6 months. After a year on it, only symptoms I didn't have was heart attack, stroke and death. Every side effect just compounded on itself. Took me 2 whole years to completely recover from the birth control and have my body go back to "normal". One lasting side effect is I still struggle telling when I'm hungry, and it's been 6 years. Only positive, it did actually regulate my period while I was taking it and my periods have been consistent ever since."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2019

For Birth Control "Mononessa pill was a colossal waste of my time. I was prescribed this because I have low estrogen/have a really irregular period and my doctor was concerned that it would effect my bones and put me at risk for osteoporosis. The first day of taking the pill, my stomach cramped and I felt nauseas and bloated. Totally unlike me. This lasted each day around the time I took the pill. My skin started to break out around day 4 on my forehead, somewhere I haven’t gotten a pimple in 4 months. I knew something was off. I got small whiteheads around my mouth too. My body is completely rejecting this pill so I stopped. Looking into ways to raise my estrogen naturally"

Girl234 · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I was originally on previfem for about a year, and they recently switched me to Mononessa about a month ago. The first day I took it till the last day I took it I had upper abdominal pain on my left side. The pain would last about 10-20 minutes, and I would rate the pain a 7 on a scale from 1-10. I thought it was coincidence, but I didn’t feel safe so I stopped taking the pills after 2 1/2 weeks. This one also made me gain 4 pounds in the short time I had been taking it. I requested to be put on Sprintec (this was my first prescription) and I have been doing fine since!!"

Taytay · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 27, 2019

For Birth Control "After trying five other birth controls including trinessa, I moved to mononessa in order to skip my periods. I didn’t gain weight, I didn’t have skin/acne changes, I didn’t have sex drive changes and I do not feel like I’m crazy like when I was on trinessa. After five years of mononessa, my body began to breakthrough bleed when trying to skip periods. I tried seasonique which is made to only have four periods a year and my skin went nuts!!!! Super oily skin and what not. Just went back to mononessa... will never switch to anything else and would recommend it to anyone!"

Marie March 26, 2019

For Birth Control "Mononessa was my first contraceptive. The first month was terrible. I was always nauseous and I would get super hungry but not able to eat due to the nausea. I had my period for around 4-5 days. It was light with minimum cramps. Month 2, my nausea started to go away and libido went up. Month 3, breasts grew and acne was gone. Never any mood changes, but weight gain of 5-10 pounds. I used it for about a year and went off of it because I stopped taking my pill on time. I switched to 3 different contraceptives until I went back to Mononessa. I used it for ~2 more years. About 10 months ago, I started having break through bleeding for about 2–3 weeks during my cycle and it just wouldn’t stop. I had a bunch of imaging done for the abnormal bleeding and all results pointed to everything being ok. I think my body has just changed or something but I am retiring from this pill because of the bleeding. It was still, nonetheless, an amazing run though while I was on it. PS never got pregnant!"

Mia · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on Trinessa but since it has been discontinued I switched to this. Its working great for acne on my face but I am getting back acne more than usual. The main problem I am experiencing with this birth control is that I am so tired all the time. No matter how much or how little sleep I get I feel like a zombie."

Naomi · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I was on MonoNessa for about 3 years and it has worked great for me! I can see if affects everybody differently but for me it worked perfect. I always take the pill before bed. I get a lighter period every month with no cramping which I love. I had no side effects or crazy weight gain, However over the past 3 years I have gained a little weight but I don’t think it was due to the pills. It was great at preventing pregnancy. I am currently not taking any birth control right now but if I do decide to again I will most definitely be on this again."

Klani0220 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 26, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve used this birth control for about a year. I constantly would get my period with a week left of active pills so I always found that odd. I didn’t gain weight but I did get melasma on my upper lip. With the constant getting my periods earlier than expected, I finally switched to something else."

Sammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 11, 2018

"I absolutely hate this pill, but I was given it for hormone replacement. It’s gave me the worst acne, mood swings, and cramps. I was bleeding for 1 whole month throughout the whole pack. It did nothing good for me. I did 3 months on this pill and ended up going back to my old birth control pill. The mood swings were bad. I’d cry over EVERYTHING"

anastasia · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Best birth control! I experienced ZERO side effects and still not pregnant :)"

Chris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 14, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "Now let start this real quick I know we have different bodies from one woman to another. I’ve struggled with PCOS for years I had my first bc by age 22 it was ok I had after the mononessa I had no issues, it fixed my greasy hair and stopped me from losing hair and reduced my pain during my period. Somehow mononessa disappeared from the market I tried trinessa, I had nightmares and stupid moods. After that I got estryllia I had reached a level of deep depression and lost of appetite that’s was just a bad bad idea Now I’m back to this amazing pills that I’m eating better and my moods are better Just wanted to share with you that"

Lo · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I started mononessa due to extreme period pains about 3 years ago. It works really well for me. I have had no spotting and my cycle has been relatively normal. When I get to the 7 placebos, it takes about 3 days for my actual period to start. When I start taking the pills again it stops my period within a day or two but leaves me with heavy discharge. I have had no abnormal issues since starting mononessa. It works well with Vraylar."

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2018

For Ovarian Cysts "I restarted this medication after a few months away from it because my doctor and I agreed that a hysterectomy with oopherectomy was not a viable option since I am still too young. Since I had success with it before, I thought I was OK but my moods were affected again and I started getting agoraphobic. Also, I had horrible left hip pain that was exacerbated by Mononessa. When I decided to discontinue the pack 2 weeks in, I got a horribly heavy period and then the hip pain went away. My moods balanced back out. I also have PMDD and this medication made it worse. I don't recommend it any longer."

Tt · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2018

For Birth Control "It is an overall good birth control. It helped with regulating my periods and my period isn't as heavy. Only downside is it makes my breasts tender and kind of sore."

works4me · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on mononessa for almost 5 years and have loved it. I started on trinessa for acne and then my doctor switched me to mononessa so the hormones were more regulated. It has worked great for me and I have had no problems."

bree415 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been using mononessa for about 2-3 years now never any problems aside from nausea and I fixed that by only taking the pill before going to bed. Even taking this at different times of the night I never had problems with spotting or anything at all. I just got switched to estarylla because walgreens doesn't have the mononessa for me anymore. I'm nervous about switching everytime I have switched pills something bad happens so I always revert back to monoessa. I guess we will see how this switch goes"

AbadPeriod · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I absolutely would NOT recommend this unless it's a last resort thing. My first month I had to quit all of my new medications (I take Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression, Pantoprazole for recurring anxiety-induced gastritis, and my doctor and I have been testing new medications to possibly replace klonopin). I was SO sick I went to three different doctors over a course of two weeks who could find no other reason for my phantom illness, and I ended up hospitalized anyway after the constant vomiting caused a severe gastritis attack. I'm now on month two after taking a month to recover from being sick, only to find that I'm now experiencing the same symptoms. Extreme morning sickness lasting all day, no relief even with Zofran, very severe diarrhea, dehydration as a result, and more frequent gastritis attacks due to the rise in stomach acid. I will never take this poison again, you couldn't pay me to."

Exploding Ovaries · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "TERRIBLE. I have PCOS and endometriosis, this is the third birth control I’ve tried and by far the worst. I’ve been on it for two packs now, my doctor wouldn’t let me be off of it after the first month. She wanted me to stick it out to see if my body would adapt to it and it hasn’t at all. I have extremely heavy periods, which is saying a lot because I’ve always had super heavy periods naturally. Now it’s like something out of a horror movie. I get extremely nauseous and have migraine headaches frequently. On top of all this I’ve been having problems with anxiety and depression, which I’ve never had before. This pill is toxic for me. Don’t take it."

Ms · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was on Mononessa for about 2-3 years. Initially, I started taking it for my unpredictable periods. They'd come every month, but they were nowhere near regular. Now with Mononessa, I knew exactly when to expect my period--it was always 2-4 days after I started the inactive pills. My periods became regular almost immediately. I had no negative side effects from the pills. I had gone on the pill in hopes that it would shorten/lighten my periods but Mononessa did not do this unfortunately. The good news is that my doctor gave me the OK to skip periods altogether by never stopping the active pills. I would occasionally miss pills, but never had issues with spotting or breakthrough bleeding. I wasn't usually sexually active on this medication, so I can't speak too much about it's effectiveness at preventing pregnancy. That said, I never did get pregnant on Mononessa the few times I did have sex."

Ari June 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been taking Mononessa for 4 months. Previously I took monolinyah for 3. Overall I have had a fine experience with it. It hasn’t affected my emotions or sex drive. I did gain almost 20 pounds this year, and I noticed the weight gain began when I first got on birth control. However, I have also experienced a death in my family that has depressed me so I don’t think it’s fair to blame the weight gain entirely on the bc. But, my appetite has definitely increased since taking it. My skin was unaffected because my acne cleared up the first month after beginning bc but has now gone back to its original state. My period used to be irregular which is why I began bc. Previously, I had gone so long as 128 days without my period, and regularly 40-65 days without it. Now, my period is regular and very light. I had never experienced bad cramps, so I can’t attest to that. But, I would get breast pain before my period and now I don’t. Besides my weight gain, I would recommend this bc."

Dee ace June 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m on day 3, was scared to start because of the bad reviews, the only negative side affect I have is it does make me tired, I take it at 530 pm so it doesn’t bother my day, but makes me sleep great! Not moody or anything, not sick. This is my 4th birth control"

Drekkle · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I am on day 7 and every day I've been sick to my stomach- pretty much day and I've lost a pound a day. I've also been incredibly sad and have cried for no reason every day since being on it. I'm not sure what else to expect but so far I'm not impressed. Well the only thing that I do enjoy is that despite feeling sown my sex drive is still going strong. I go to my dr tomorrow and we will see what else is in store. I just hate how emotional I am right now."

janak · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I took this for about a month and my body took it very well. The only downside was that I was nauseous after I'd take it to the point where I couldn’t function and I’d have to lay down in order to settle myself. I had light periods before and they did get heavier but that’s no big deal since they weren’t horrible. Overall, it’s a fair medication and I don’t see many things wrong with it"